Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2833

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Outside the Karlfeldt Estate
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---As an impulsive entity, perhaps it was only natural that Shadow Catherine (and that was what she was, a shadow) would jump from one task to another without thinking too much about in the long term. If something seems like a good idea right now, she'll just do it, if someone is running away, it makes sense to chase them...

Something like that?

It's not an outlook that's considering the best route for other people, it's possible she simply disregarded the other two entirely the moment she warped the both of you away from the battle, in which case...

Letting her take the reins too much could be dangerous, she doesn't have an Ego to question her, so...

You voice your doubts.

In response to those doubts...

"..."

Catherine stops.

Her -eerily quiet- footsteps cease, then, with a slow turn of her head...

"I can't see it."

She simply says this, as if it explained absolutely everything about the situation...

"I think they only exist for their target."

She turns around to face you fully, voice...

Calm... No...

Emotionless?

For the shadow that seemed to revel in her emotions, it's certainly an odd occurrence...

"If that's true, you likely can't perceive it anymore either, it's shifted from you to him. No point in trying to help them."

So she says, but...

You can definitely... Hear the voice of the maid from before coming from behind the wall...

It's garbled, coated in static, a painful sound like a voice struggling to emerge from beneath the ruinous sounds of a broken television set, but...

It's there.

"Better to chase someone we can do something about, no?"
    Last edited by Airen; February 5th, 2023 at 09:04 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

It was a nostalgic and familiar sight to Cosmos Fairchild.

Perhaps the participants aren't exactly the same and the venue is different, but the numbers still match, and it reminded her of a much simpler time, of the four of them sitting around and playing this card game in the Inner Gardens with cookies and tea on the side. Those blissful days that she took for granted now seems like a faraway dream and out of reach...

But the reminder lit a flame in her heart, her resolve and determination burning brighter as she is now even more determined to succeed in her mission.

So that they could return to those days filled with joy and bliss, she wouldn't fail-!

... Of course, right now that thought and resolve is perhaps a little irrelevant.

Looking at her hand and the revealed blue 8, Cosmos pondered her options. She would have loved to play a numbered blue card, but for better or worse she doesn't have any numbered blues in her hand; the question, then, is which of these should she play early...

Quote Originally Posted by Alisa
    "So, Mr. Secret Agent Man. Card game time is bonding time. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    "Well, I suppose I could... But I'm not sure what would be interesting to share about myself."
    "Ah, how about how you and Miss Sofia met and become friends? I don't think you've told me." Cosmos suggests as she finalized her choice and placed her card on the table. "Reverse blue. It's your turn now, auntie."
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Flight Deck
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

She’s not responding. Logan brushes a damp strip of hair from her face and frowns. Despite her peaceful breaths and warm skin, to his spirit sense she’s unbearably cold. Reiki exhaustion. She’ll be out for hours. Until then, she’s defenseless.

: “She’s pretty soaked. The t-shirt’s one thing but the jeans’ll take ages to dry. No Agi or Bufu spells here either.”

: “What’s the plan? Bring her indoors?”

Logan looks out at the lake, where a vessel crests the horizon shrouded in clouds. It shines slightly, its hazy outline capturing the scant light from the obscured sky and flickering in and out of the darkness. Like the reflection of a new moon rippling under the water. Like a dream that’s being woken from. I should investigate that ship. Anything that remains mobile in even a lower layer of dreams like this is a possible lead for resolving this crisis. Everyone else is gone too. I might be able to determine what’s making everyone quiet at night. He looks back down at the sleeping Jessica.

She’s shorter than me.

: “I’ll bring Jessica inside.”

: “We’ll head to my room. There’s towels and a hair dryer and such for drying her off. Rice, can I leave that to you?”

Logan picks Jessica up and turns her so that she’s sitting on his arm and leaning on his shoulder. He can feel lake water and her breaths on his neck. You won’t wake up alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"Right. Iwakasa."

Blaise nodded. Once again, that name cropped up this morning - and once again, he felt an odd tingle at the back of his mind, as if he should have remembered more regarding it. Something between dream and real, alongside memory of the man in the army-green kimono, calming him down... it was still mostly a muddled mess, but slowly, very slowly, he was making sense of it.

Though, ironically enough, it seemed he wasn't the only one having troubles regarding remembering this man.

A worrisome detail he decided to note down for the future.

Especially if he came face to face with him again...

"From what Mrs. Mokujima told me, apparently he was doctor at your compound. You needed him to help a moon rabbit, too," Blaise continued. "A moon rabbit I presume was this... Inaba. Perhaps. Though the name doesn't quite match, ironically enough. Still, hm..."

He pondered for a moment, trying not to pay attention to the two dummies giggling over the old picture of him during his first bug hunt for the biggest beetle in the forest. Sure enough, he hadn't won that competition (coming only second, while the first place was taken by someone older kid he didn't remember), but it wasn't that funny. Not to mention they were talking about serious things here!

"But, yeah. I met someone recently... I think... who I believe is that leader of the rabbits. If she's the daughter of this Iwakasa, it... would explain a few things. And complicate others, maybe. The point being, I'm trying to piece together what exactly went on back then, and how she knows me," Blaise spoke. "Because she sure as hell seemed to. Even threatened to come eat the soba shop empty during Christmas times."

Having said that, the blonde boy turned to look at his mentor.

"Where's this Inaba now?" He asked. "Still in Aoyama?"

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"...Not at the moment."

The woman clicks her tongue in mild annoyance, frown deepening as she is forced to admit to an inconveniently timed truth.

"She left yesterday, made a request for some time off a month or so back, something about wanting to take care of some personal matters?"

One hand slowly rises to her head, as it to clutch at a slowly growing headache.

"I'd summon her here for you to interrogate, but... I'm not the actual holder of her contract."

Her eyes move to look at Kaguya for a moment -a strangely long moment- before locking back onto yours.

"I'm just her employer in a... Mundane, human, legal sense."

She frowns.

"But Iwakasa... His daughter... I do remember the two of you hanging around each other a lot. It happened a long time ago, so it makes sense that you might not remember it, childhood amnesia is a rather common phenomena for children even in this age... Some say the brain doesn't properly learn to grasp memories until the age of seven or eight in some cases, that a lot of the memories you think you have of those years are just fabricated, but hmm..."

Her fingers drum along the bathroom counter.

"I think her name was Kagura?"

Here, she again moves her gaze to Kaguya -this time for a mere instant- a flicker of some strange light in her eyes.

"Yes. A doctor calling himself Tsuki no Iwakasa and his daughter Kagura..."

She closes her eyes.

"Those were the names." She nods once in absolute certainty. "Rather interesting ones, now that I'm thinking about them again all these years later."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Rrrrrrzz!

A sudden, strange sound caught the attention of all those present, Blaise included. Looking into the direction where it was coming from, the boy saw that Kaguya - his COMP AI partner who had just moments ago been laughing at his childhood pictures together with Yuriko - was now wearing a wholly different expression. An expression of frozen fury, her face twisted in a mask of anger, aimed at someone only she could see - like a nemesis in her mind's eye, or perhaps...

"Tch."

Clicking her tongue in annoyance, the COMP AI snapped her fingers, and in that instant disappeared - shutting off her holographic avatar and retreating to the depths of the actual device. Blaise looked after the empty spot that she left behind, a frown creasing his brow. In a way, he had knew that there had to be more here. The girl from before... this Kagura... she had looked way too much like his COMP AI for it to be a coincidence. And now there was the matter of the names...

--- Still, it was clear that he wouldn't be getting any answers now. Not when Kaguya was like this.

"... Don't worry about it," Blaise eventually said, breaking the silence. "I'll talk to her once she's had time to cool off. And she will, I know her. She's been with me from the start, after all."

Indeed. While many got their COMPs only later in life, Blaise... huh, now that he thought about it, he couldn't remember a time when Kaguya wasn't with him. No matter how muddled his early memories were, the bunny-eared thug of a girl had always been with him, growing up alongside him.

Was that really normal for AIs...?

"Still, that's a shame. Could have shed some light into these mysteries before I left," Blaise said with a sigh. "If she gets back before I do, let her know I need to talk with her. There's a... possibility that I might run into Iwakasa where I'm going, but better cover all the bases."

Then, with a determined look, the boy looked at his reflection in the mirror and the results of what Yuriko had done with his hair.

"And speaking of which, I shouldn't dally any more. If I want to be gone before noon, I'll need to get going and grab my stuff without aunt Yuka noticing," the boy spoke, glancing towards his mentor. "Speaking of which, Ane-san? This might be a lot to ask, but..."

The boy scratched his cheek somewhat sheepishly - or perhaps nervously.

"... Could you help Yuriko distract Aunt Yuka at noon today while I make my getaway? Things might get... complicated otherwise."

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"..."

---This time there had been no subtlety about it.

When Kaguya had frozen, Saki had turned a sharp gaze to the hologram of the digital soul, eyes lit up again with a strange sort of curiosity. It's not the sort of curiosity that leads to questions being asked aloud no, it's the gaze of someone who has a specific interest in seeing how someone else reacts to some sort of stimuli, and in that regard, in that vein...

"..."

She watches until the end, eyes lit up with just curiosity at first, but then something else...

Like...

Empathy?

Or perhaps... Disapproval...?

Both?

---As always with this person, it's hard to say.

"...I'm not worried, Kaguya is tough, always has been."

In the end, her eyes just return to their closed state, hands withdrawing to pockets, back leaning against the bathroom walls.

"Tell her to call me after she calms down." She says after a pause. "Just me and her, one on one, girl time."

Girl time?

With this person?

Doesn't really sound like either of their type of thing, but... Well... It also seems like some sort of order from the older woman rather than an actual request...

Still...

"And Yuka... Distraction..." She chuckles. "Well I suppose I can, boy. I've been looking for another round of sparring with her."

"With both you and Noriko skipping town, she should be in quite the mood..." A smirk, one from someone who probably enjoys the art of fighting a bit too much, crosses her face. "Should be a good challenge, she'll actually mean it for once."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Logan's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

The trip back into the SLEIPNIR was just as bizarre as the trip out of it, albeit, in an entirely different sense of the word.

Where the trip out had revealed a world covered in inky, rolling shadows, twisting masses of inconsequential darkness that had nevertheless seemed to claw at you with their useless half-existences, the trip in was one done in absolute silence and stillness. The World is so calm that the lights above your head could be heard buzzing, the sterile grey lights that dotted the ship's corridors keeping the shadows where they belonged...

Mere reflections of your existence on the walls and floor of the silent ship.

And it is silent.

Creepily silent.

The main engine isn't running, none of the simulators are active, no late night crew dot any of the walls or rooms... At least, that's what your casual senses tell you on your way back to your room. It's possible that someone is actively hiding inside of here of course, someone trying to mask their presence wouldn't show up on a casual sensory scan, but...

Those are problems for another time.

---Or so you had decided at the time.

Now you're in your room. It's just as quiet as the rest of the ship, so quiet that the muffled sounds of Rice moving Jessica around (shocking strength in those stick-like arms of hers) and the roar of a hair-dryer are as piercing to the atmosphere as thunder in the midst of a particularly quiet night. The young digital soul hadn't seemed bothered by the request to take care of Jessica, she had simply nodded at you after a moment, saying that "Yeah... It's probably better if I do it," before walking along with you back to your room, hands in the pockets of her hoodie.

"And... Almost there... Just gimme your leg...!"

Now she was actually changing Jessica's clothes apparently, not with magic (at least not directly, it seems she had made the replacement clothes *with* magic) but through the good-old fashioned method of trying to force the limbs of an unconscious person into their proper places...

It had taken her a bit.

"And... There!" A sigh of relief, like a particularly complex task had finally reached it's conclusion. "I got her. She's decent. You can turn around now."

Rice had put Jessica on your bed... More specifically, she had placed her under the blankets. The resulting scene makes it look like she really is just sleeping, rhythmic breathing, easy rise and fall, but...

Still low reiki signs.

"Her body is... A bit strange..."

Rice hums in thought, frown on her face evident as she fixes her gaze on Jessica's sleeping form.

"There's some obvious gene tampering here, but... I can't tell exactly what the point of it was..."

The frown deepens.

"Although I guess that's not too surprising, Burroughs was supposed to be the support unit, I'm not as good at these sorts of things..."

She mutters aloud, more to herself than to you, before...

"So..."

Finally raising her gaze back to you proper.

"What now? I can stay here and watch her for you, if you want?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Streets, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke
    "Thank you! For the instructions! To Ms. Akiko as well! Please continue to cooperate further and answer our questions!"
    ".............."

Slowly, the Cheshire Cat grin expands to levels that are actively uncomfortable to observe; it extends just a bit with every word that falls out of your mouth, granting the fae a smile that no longer simply verged on the point of inhuman and creepy, but was actively and obviously inhuman, a smile that stretched from ear to ear in a way that was both goofy and off-putting, a smug, smug sort of energy radiating out from the fae before-

"It was my pleasure."

-it reaches out and pats you on the head, violating the spirit of all previous interactions you've had with it-!

"But cooperate further? I'm offended..." The fae's smile returns to a more manageable size, as if it had noticed it's guise had been hammering on the door of the uncanny valley for everyone around it. "I always... Cooperate to the best of my ability in the moment."

---Was that a fancy way of saying however much I feel like at the time?

"I mean, I am a fae after all, doing things for free, even something as simple as handing out information, well... It's just not in our nature."

It smiles.

---For once, it feels like a genuinely honest smile.

"...It's much more fun to send knights out on quests in exchange for forbidden knowledge anyway. Much more of a classic story, and one that I haven't been able to do in quite some time now! Let's see, what can I ask for in exchange for dangerous truths...?"

It laughs.

Noriko however...

"...Well, I don't mind answering any questions you might have for free."

Earns a vaguely reproachful look from the fae as she sticks her head into the conversation.

"Not that I think I know quite as much about all of this as Robin does..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse & Hiyori
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon

---One stroke.

---One made not out of desperation, out of the idea that you might lose if you don't, but out of the idea that someone else might.

Drawing upon long lost memory and reiki, the moment in which Rossweisse decides to attack is a mere heartbeat before that attack emerges, tearing through space-time with all the force inherent to a mythic-class magic. Spells of this caliber are designed as Trump Cards, are the manifestations of modern magic that begin to encroach on the plane of myth and legend, powers that are no longer simply magic, but that can be called a manifestation of the Tamer themselves, something that one pours so much of themselves into that it ascends beyond their usual magic...

For you, it still holds that sort of meaning.

Regardless of whether or not you can remember when you created this technique, it's something that your body has held on to in spite of your amnesia, an absolute technique, one that your muscles could perform on their own even if your mind shattered to pieces, and thus-

"...!"

-it's executed perfectly.

Steel flashes, bisecting the suit of armor at the waist.

There is no one inside of it, yet the stream of crimson that erupts at the wound is more or less analogous to blood; it's only miasma of course, manifested negative emotions, a grudge so powerful it's taken physical shape in the material world, but the spray is certainly that of a finishing blow.

---No chance.

Had you caught it off guard? Had it's mostly mindless nature made it incapable of reacting to this technique? This technique isn't one that can be reacted to of course, it is faster than the actualization of even E-rank spells, if the enemy is not prepared before it goes off, if the defenses didn't already exist before you did it...

The opponent would never make it in time.

---That's why some might call it an ideal technique.

An offense designed to brutalize all reactionary defenses... Of course, the speed of the technique means that it's power is a bit less than that of other spells of the same rank, but in cases like this...

"▂▂▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅▅▅▅▅!"

...It seems to work out just fine.

The enemy roars as it collapses, as the top half rolls away from the bottom half, the body bisected so cleanly and quickly that it's almost comical, both sides simply... Coming apart at the cut...

Slowly...

"Give it back..."

The armor speaks, voice struggling now, coming out through a canopy of static and regret.

"...Body... Give it-"

And then it's physical form disperses.

Falling to reiki dust, joining the crimson cloud still swirling about the room -wind that seems to grow in strength rather than wane in strength- and Charlotte...

"...Not poison."

Says Charlotte after a time, voice hoarse and rough, obviously pained...

"But that's not important, we need to get out of this room. Now."

...But still trying to give orders.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"Girl on girl? But Ane-san, you're already over---"

By instinct, Blaise clamped his hand over his mouth.

For a moment, it felt like someone had walked over his grave. Or perhaps, a chill of death had creeped up his spine. No matter how you slice it, he almost made the worst mistake he could have in this situation. Ane-san, enclosed space, well within striking distance... it was like he was asking for himself to be thrown through the wall. And only because sometimes, especially in these situations, his mouth worked faster than his brain.

Dammit Blaise, what are you doing...!?

His own brain scolded him heavily.

Still, luckily, his mentor had given him a good excuse to change the topic...!

"W-wait, Ane-san..." He turned his eyes back to the older woman, hoping not to see an approaching fist. "What do you mean?"

The boy frowned.

"Nee-san left too...?"

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

"Ah, that?"

Daniel chuckles, while Sofia shows a flash of mortification at the suggestion... Of course, being the prideful type, it's a mortification that she seems to swallow in an instant, but the surprised eyes are suddenly studying the rules with a newfound intensity, their owner bracing themselves for some terrible truth...

"Well, we met when I arrested her." Daniel explains simply, light of amusement still shining in his eyes. "Our dear princess here was quite the delinquent as a child, you see? I believe the crime in question was arson, there was a tree that she was apparently particularly incensed against, torched it with a homemade flamethrower... It was quite impressive for someone of her age, you were what... Seven or eight at the time?"

Sofia's head falls into her hands.

"...Seven."

She grunts.

Daniel ignores her embarrassment, seeming to find some slight pleasure in teasing her a little...

Perhaps as revenge for all the comments she had been needling him with today.

"She had quite the young, noble knight with her back then too... A Namasaki Shuichi I believe?"

"Oh? Kenji's boy?"

Alisa asks, a hint of genuine surprise in her voice.

"I... Can certainly see it."

"Yes." Daniel smiles. "A very protective young man. As I understood the situation, they had been doing battle with a Jubokko all afternoon, but eventually the young princess decided that the best way to handle the situation was not to call the authorities, but to instead go overboard with something that more resembled a magma cannon than a flamethrower..."

He glances at her.

"I'm not going to apologize. The damn tree had it coming."

She says simply, in a very unprincess-like fashion.

"...Heh."

He just chuckles.

"She was quite resistant to my questions at the station. I was an SDCD member at the time, relatively inexperienced, but I suppose our... Connection was born from those hours in the office. The tree was just the first incident too, those two got into quite a few bits of trouble as children, like exploring the Aokigahara after dark, or that bit with the robbery-"

Here he pauses, as if deciding that perhaps he shouldn't say what he was about to say, and then...

"...Well, suffice to say, I saw her in the detention hall a lot."

He finishes softly.

"Yeah, you did, you still wore the fedora back then as a teenager too..." She rolls her eyes. "You realize it's not cool, never has been, and never will be right? Just stick with the suit by itself."

Sofia complains.

"You'd look fine in just the suit."

Daniel simply sighs, as Alisa throws down a blue four, unseeing eyes nevertheless transfixed on the scene before her, amusement clear on her face.

"Alas, in spite of being around in her childhood, I was unable to fix her sense for fashion..."

Sofia ignores him, studying the cards before her now that it was her turn, and thus Daniel's attention turns back to you.

"You understand the fedora, right? It pulls my entire look together, does it not?"
    Last edited by Airen; February 13th, 2023 at 07:08 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"...Hmm. What was that you just said?"

What approaches is not a fist, destined to send you flying through the bricks of the orphanage and down onto the rain-slicked streets below, but instead an arm, wrapping around your neck as your somewhat dysfunctional mentor pulls you into a friendly (?) sort of headlock?

"I couldn't quite hear you~" Her voice is dangerously playful, sweet in a way that Saki Ryuumonbuchi should never be-! "You need to speak more clearly, boy."

---Considering the place you were in, it was probably the more pragmatic move; punching you through the wall for your mouth getting ahead of your brain (a trait you apparently inherited from your father, according to your mother) was one that would quickly rack up repair costs around here, and while money wasn't really an issue for the Ryuumonbuchi family...

She still saw wasting it on those sorts of things as wasteful-!

"But yeah, Nori ran off early this morning."

The firm, defined muscles of her arms hold you in place, bending your body over just enough for it to be mildly uncomfortable for you...

"Came here saying there was some place she needed to be, and wanted to know if I had a motorcycle she could borrow." If her arms were free she probably would have shrugged here, but as it was, her grip only tightened slightly, not enough to hurt you, but enough to keep you in this more submissive pose. "I was so shocked she actually came to me for help with anything that I just gave one to her. Last I saw? She was riding out of town."

So...

Noriko had left town this morning? But if that was the case...

Then she had done so right after dropping you off with your friends?
    Last edited by Airen; February 13th, 2023 at 08:31 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Saint Vivienne ~ Clock Tower
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Night

Aster: Not to remind you of the obvious, but you do realize being a workaholic comes with drawbacks?

Yes, she is aware. It slips her mind, but she knows it’s something others see as an issue. Their image is colored by the ever diligent Knight, but if Ayra had to be honest with herself, she has only ever followed her heart. Her diligence was fueled by passion. If it ever wavered, well, that’d be that.

Aster: But you won’t say what you think to anyone else. If they knew that Ayra Lilygrove was willing to drop everything for a flight of fancy…

It would be the end of her. But also, it would never happen. She loves her current state of affairs too much. Ayra is living her dream, and though it has many flaws, she merely wishes to mold reality into the ideals she had as a child.

“Look,” she says to Asuka, brushing away concerns like how water passes over a bed of rocks, “I know my limits. Some people destress with hobbies, and I destress with work. You’re allowed to call it sad, but working is my hobby. If I felt burnout…”

Ayra pauses, realizing she is about to touch on the truth. Has any of her squires heard this sincere of a fact about herself? Probably not. But still, maybe revealing her true colors would let Asuka be more clear-headed about things.

“I suppose you wouldn’t see me for quite a while,” she finally concludes. Her expression is bittersweet, reminiscing on carefree days of youth. She certainly has the money to mess around for a few months. However, there is a world (worlds?) to save, and injustice around every corner. A vacation simply can’t fit on her schedule.

Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

Cosmos never expected that Sofia and Daniel were, essentially, childhood friends.

Well, maybe that's not entirely true and they're more like childhood acquaintances - even now, Cosmos isn't really sure what exactly is the relationship between those two - but it's still surprising to know that they've known each other since the princess was still 7 years old. The fact that Sofia played around with a flamethrower when she was just seven years old and committed an arson against a tree that promptly got her arrested was...

Well, to borrow Alyx's words, that's pretty wild; the image of little Sofia waving around a flamethrower were equally cute and terrifying.

And of course, she recognized Namasaki Shuichi; the mental image of a wall filled with photos of missing people, and a young man more prominently displayed than the others, flashed in her mind as she recognized him as someone dear to Sofia...

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Alisa
    "Oh? Kenji's boy?"
    ...Though the fact that he is apparently Namasaki Kenji's son slipped her mind until her aunt pointed it out.

As Alisa played a blue four, the conversation shifted to fashion, and--

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Daniel
    "You understand the fedora, right? It pulls my entire look together, does it not?"
    Daniel shot her that question.

As a fellow hat enthusiast, her answer is immediate and without hesitation:

"Of course! I think you'd look weird without the fedora Mister Daniel, like there is something missing to complete the look..." She glanced at the heiress who is focused on her cards. "... But now I'm curious. What do you think of my hat, Miss Sofia? Do you think I'd look better without it?"

To make it easier for Sofia, she took off her hat and placed it on her lap, gently caressing it like a mother would to her child.

If she answered yes to that question, then Cosmos knew she would never be able to trust any fashion advice that the princess might give in the future.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"I-I see... that's... hmm..."

So Noriko had left as well? But if Nee-san had done so right after dropping him off with Isamu and Tsukki, that raised all sorts of suspicions. Especially through the hazy memory of what had happened last night. For some reason, Blaise couldn't help but to feel that this wasn't a mere coincidence, but rather, it was all tied together. Then again, if she was gone (and especially if she had taken a motorcycle) there was no way he could catch up to her now.

Which meant...

"... Guess I'll just have to scold her when she gets back," Blaise murmured to himself.

Then, finally, he gave an awkward (and somewhat desperate) look to his mentor.

"U-ugh, um, Ane-san? This is starting to... ghk... be enough, no? I-I didn't mean anything important, just forget what I was about to say. Plus, uh, I really should be going now," he spoke up. "Y'know, places to be, things to ---ghhk--- do..."

Was it just him or was his vision growing a little foggy.

"P-plus, you don't want to ruin all the work Yuriko put into my hair right?" He asked, throwing a desperate look at the black-haired girl for assistance. "So, um, please. At least not the noogie..."

He was starting to feel cold sweat creeping down his back.

"... I'm sorry."

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Streets, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

The whirling heat of Daisuke's internal generator nearly rises to dangerous levels as he feels a mocking pat on his head. He clamps down on it manually, leveraging his nature as an artificial being to exercise the inhuman self-control necessary to stiffly nod and reply:

"The SDCD will offer appropriate compensation for any volunteer acts," he promises. "Even to a fae."

Will they? Probably, yeah. A fund for rewarding heroism sounds like the sort of thing that exists. Even then, doing favours for Robin, even a well-intentioned Robin, is sure to lead to more trouble. How fortunate then that there's a young COMP who will endure said trouble again if it can help someone.

"For those 'dangerous' truths, I'd be willing to-."

Daisuke pauses as Noriko speaks. He turns to the policewoman and nods much less stiffly at her offer.

"Oh, you'll help? Thanks, ma'am! I'll take you up on that! But uh..." Daisuke glances in Shuichi's direction and gets a blank look in response. Right. Bad with those kinds of women. Ball still in the COMP's court. "...let's get a roof over our heads first. It won't bother me, but it's not healthy for humans to stay outside in this rain!"

Even ones with spiritual powers are susceptible. Such are the perils of living in a world where strongly-believed stereotypes gain conceptual mass. Even ones as silly as the dreaded Japanese cold.

"Will you come too, Robin?"

What will the fae do now, Daisuke wonders. His offer has been supplanted by a more enticing one. Will the fairy back down and let things unfold without his influence... or will he one-up Noriko's offer with something even more tempting?

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????

---Think.

---Scan.

---Analyze.

The behavior of the opponent almost seems contradictory in some ways, claiming he wants the battle over as quickly as possible, but taking his time when it comes to attacking you. It could be arrogance of course (in your experience the bad guys tend to be quite confident in their power), it could be a bluff to get you to overstep (mental warfare was something you were quite acquainted with yourself), or...

He needed you to hit him first.

Something about his ability worked best when in the form of a counterattack?

Such things are possible when it comes to concept magic. Under the magic system your World ascribes too, Concept Magic is considered to fall under the "Almighty" Element, but is special even amidst those spells, most often employed by demons, who themselves can almost be thought of as physically manifest concepts. Such magics are the manifestations of ideas or stories, myths that enforce themselves upon the battlefield when they are used, so...

Cain.

His name is Cain and Erika is claiming he is invincible...

Nothing is irrelevant in the world of magic, both of your gut feelings say those two things are intertwined, the fact that you are being explicitly told who this is through some form of subconscious means must have something to do with the invincibility. Scanning, thinking about it, it's relatively easy to find a story that backs up the existence of an "invincible" Cain. Church isn't ordinarily your thing, but the story of the first murderer is a famous one, although the thing that people often forget is the aftermath, where Cain feared retribution from his fellow humans for the murder of Abel and was given a promise by God that no would be able to harm him before his time, a promise sealed by a mark that would let others know that this was Cain and that he was under the protection of the Ancient of Days.

That he could not be harmed by others.

---Was that it?

Was that where the invincibility was coming from? To the DTG it feels like a proper enough conclusion to reach, but even if it was, what could really be done about it?

Was there a loophole in that...?

Concept Magic was incredibly powerful, invincible even, but only to the extent that their story covers them. There was a famous example used in Tamer academies of another Invincible Demon, Baldr of Norse Myth, who invalidated any and all attacks (up to and including other Almighty magics) but could be torn apart by Mistletoe, which had slain him inside of his legend, inside of his story...

Even pictures of it apparently worked for this purpose, after all, according to your old textbooks, a certain Demon Summoner had punched it into submission with a phone-strap adorned with pictures of the plant. It was a very famous story, used to beat the idea that true invincibility does not exist into the minds of students, that concept magic could also be very weak, that there was always a drawback for their overwhelming power.

A catch.

So the story of Cain, if there was a loophole, wouldn't it be...?

"..."

Before you can consider any of that any further, well-

"...Hah."

-the man laughs, his figure continues towards you at a casual walk. His gaze feels just as dangerous as the rest of him, every movement he makes comes across as insanely threatening even when it honestly shouldn't, but you know killing intent when you feel it, no matter how well-disguised it might be, and-

-you move before you can even acknowledge that what is coming at you appears to be a floating deck of cards.

39 cards.

---Cards of a tarot deck, to be exact.

It's different from the fist you had expected to fall upon you, fish shining with those strange, burning blue flames. These cards are instead shot like shuriken at your position, edges gleaming with a sharp, scarlet edge that cards should not possess-!

You fall back instinctively, senses going off regardless of your shattered expectations behind the attack.

The first 19 of the cards are avoided outright, your fatigued body still able to get out of the way of attacks that straightforward.

10 more come at you at odd angles, going for your limbs, tearing at the frozen armor that Erika had coated you with and leaving crimson lines in their wake. Despite expectation it does not knock you out instantly, meaning that Erika's earlier words had been literal, that the one-hit aspect of this man's ability required him to hit you personally. The blood running down the shining blue ice of your borrowed armor certainly stings, the shredded nerve endings of your skin singing a song of danger and pain as your already battered body does it's best to remind you that it is in fact still battered, but...

You ignore it.

For a Tamer, pain is a constant companion, you learn to deal with these things.

No, what interests you more...

Is how the last 10 of those cards go wide, missing you entirely, going out behind you and zooming off towards the space around you like a boomerang that's lost it's way, spinning up towards the sky rather than returning to the thrower, ultimately coming to a stop in the air above and behind you, as if waiting for further orders...

--It's a strange weapon.

A deck of razor-sharp tarot cards?

"..."

Still, your flight down the hill away from the cards had moved you away from the others, making the potential hostage situation less pressing, but...

"Not my type."

...His flat answer follows you down that same hill, as does he; there are only about ten meters between you now, but still...

It feels like he's waiting for something before he closes in himself...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama ~ Streets
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"I'm afraid this can only end with a noogie."

States Saki simply, doing her best to come across as deathly serious even as the undercurrent of amusement cuts through the voice she uses as a teacher. It's a simple statement, spoken with all the energy of someone describing some fundamentally aspect of the world, truths that simply couldn't be helped, a grave voice that buries hope as if this was some sort of twisted life lesson...

Alas.

It's simply the chaotic energy of a woman who just does what she feels like doing regardless of the consequences; one who has had a potential weak-point pointed out to her and has decided -in the same heartbeat- to pounce on that button more or less immediately.

"I will accept your apology however, so do not let your transgression torment you~"

Yuriko frowns, as Saki's free hand moves to your hair, bony knuckles resting against your skull.

"Sensei..."

More of a warning voice aimed at the older woman than an outright demand or plea for her to let you go, although...

Listening to it really carefully...

Does some part of her actually find the idea of it a little amusing...?

"There is no other ending."

Saki simply states again, voice overflowing with poorly hidden mischief.

"But before this unfortunate ending that none of us can stop, do you need anything else from me?"

You can feel her smiling at you, even if you can't quite see her from here...

"A bike of your own perhaps? I've heard that the trains going out of town are down right now~"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Eva Ellet
    Outside the Karlfeldt Estate
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"Better to chase someone we can do something about, no?"
    “… you have a point.”

There was no point in thinking too much about things that you couldn’t do anything about. That was a philosophy that Eva had embraced very heavily, to the point that she often ignored thinking about questions that she knew had no real answer.

And Catherine’s logic made sense. From her reactions earlier, it was clear Catherine couldn’t observe the doll. Therefore she wouldn’t really be of much help against it, and it was certainly much better for her to chase after the person they were after instead.

But that wasn’t the same for Eva.

She could still hear the sounds from the other side of the wall. By Catherine’s logic, it meant that there was a fair chance that she could still do something about it.

… but what would that something even be…?

Eva’s experience fighting it earlier had felt like a dead end. It just didn’t seem like there was anything she could do against it, and if Catherine didn’t have any ideas, well… there was nothing they could do.

“…. You’re right. Sorry for bringing it up.”

She felt bad for the duo that had now become it’s targets, but there wasn’t really anything she could think of. She could only pray they had more success than her, or if it was also undefeatable for them, then they quickly realized that and ran to safety.

Eva purged the thoughts of the noises from the wall out of her head, and refocused on the task at hand- finding the girl who had run away earlier with the key they were looking for.

“Let’s go.”