Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Smoky Island Bakery, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"Robin's a jerk, but he'd sooner humiliate someone than hurt them. He's an 'If we shadows have offended / Think but this, and all is mended' sorta guy."

It's one of the reasons the fairy has flown under the radar for so long. A demon that remains on the level of a mere nuisance won't ever be seriously hunted down by Tamers, and will constantly be underestimated by others. The perfect place to be for an eternal prankster. That, and the COMP is sure that Robin doesn't have much malice in him to begin with.

Daisuke pops one of the oversized cinnamon buns behind the counter into the oven, warming it up with a spark. Logic says it should be stale given the time of night, but if this really is some sort of unconscious dream world, then he's sure it'll become just as delicious as the girl remembers. A dream meal probably won't have any effect on her weight, either; Chris had once called those buns 'traitorous friends of insecure girls everywhere, who backstab you as soon as you step on the bathroom scale'.

"They've had these as long as I can remember," he explains as he works. "Of course I haven't even been around for a year yet, so you've known this place a lot longer. When an item's popular, or if it's got some sentimental value, it sticks around."

Still, that's a long time. Since she was a kid... that'd be what, five to ten years? Public records of human aging patterns have become less and less accurate over the years, so Myra could be anywhere from fifteen to twenty five - though really, she's probably around Lexie's age.

It must've been before she donned the White Shroud. He wants to ask about Myra's circumstances, but even Daisuke knows not to pry so blatantly into a girl's sensitive secrets like that.

So instead he asks about something else he's been curious about.

"Um, when you were last here... did you see a girl with brown hair and glasses behind the counter? About your age? She didn't work every day, so probably not, but..."

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Rose Cross - Cafeteria
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

[...I see! Yes, this is a weakness for these types! Make it sound like you're tearing up a little...!]

With Preciel enjoying (?) this moment far more then perhaps she should, especially when you were using a very real source of nightmares as fuel for all of these emotions, the look that has crossed the angel's face when you look back at her, is...

Troubled.

Yes, troubled.

Higher ranking angels rarely show emotions (other then righteous fury) at all, but Lailah was special in that regard as well; still standing with arms crossed, the troubled look is a look of small frown and thoughtful, saddened eyes. It's a look that comes just before defeat on her end, the look of acquiescence, and-

"...Okay."

She sighs.

"Although the Server's configuration has been... Extra special lately..."

She pats you on the head.

"But I suppose it can't be helped, that sort of dream sounds terrible."

---

Cosmos Fairchild
    Demonic Server - Rose Cross Gate
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

---Transportation through the "Spirit Pulse," network was always mildly uncomfortable; the sensation that emerges when one uses it is much like being squeezed through an always-too-small tube, the world spinning away in a vortex of colors as the 'floor' beneath your feet disappears, throwing off your sense of balance, and granting a 'delightfully' intense feeling of vertigo...

Yes.

There's a reason that people who use this leyline transportation network tend to feel severely ill for some time afterwards... The weaker one is on a spiritual level the worse the symptoms apparently become, and when that bit of information is taken into account, as well as the fact that you yourself are far from weak spiritually and still feel the momentary urge to fall over upon emerging at your destination, well...

For civilians it must be an agonizing method of transportation, thankfully...

"..."

No one that has come with you shows more then mild distaste at the journey, a brief expression of nausea from Daniel perhaps (who also muttered something about never getting used to the 'tube' feeling) but that was about it...

till, it's a necessary evil...

While most places in the world could be reached through purely physical means, the Demonic Server was special in that the use of magic or magi-technology was a requirement to enter it, after all...

---While the human world was still in the midst of an era of magi-technology, a combination of magic and science that sought to surpass them both; the Demonic Server was a world that was completely submerged in the supernatural, a world where the balance of power shifts and where humanity must abide by a different set of rules...

Those rules simply being however far their personal power can carry them, yes...

That's the way of the Demons.

Make your way with power, those with strength made the rules, those too weak to defy those rules were forced to obey.

Rules of nature.

Once you exit the building that carries the Rose Cross's Gate -a church-like structure guarded by a legion of lesser angels- the group encounters conditions that are not too dissimilar from those back home; a vicious rainstorm is pounding the earth, sending waves crashing against the shores of what seemed to be a beach. There hadn't been a beach the last time you were inside of this place -the area around the gate had been a forest instead- so it's a sight that naturally draws the eyes, stopping your feet for a moment even as your body (and the poncho) were being battered by winds and rains strong enough that it felt more like being slammed with a wall of water from the sides rather then from up above...

Perhaps the storm here was an exaggerated version of the one from back home?

Either way the others -after looking to Lailah for the original direction, as it seemed Aurora would take over after that- start off towards a distant forest at a walking pace, hugging rain gear close to their bodies, and as you follow along with them...

---You feel it.

---Something almost... Burning a hole in your pocket?

---A forgotten tarot card, radiating a pleasant (?) sort of warmth...

---

Daisuke
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"Robin's a jerk, but he'd sooner humiliate someone than hurt them. He's an 'If we shadows have offended / Think but this, and all is mended' sorta guy."
    "I..." She tilts her head to the side for a moment, as if physically processing this new bit of information. "I see. I guess that makes sense."

She nods at you.

Fairies did have a reputation for being pricks, with their 'pranks' simply escalating in severity the stronger the fae themselves was...

Low ranking fairies would just bully in an elemental or physical sense, while higher ranking ones might do something drastic like steal your name...

But you were right, Robin doesn't really have that sort of malice in him.

In the end, you were pretty sure he disliked anything that causes permanent damage.

If anything, it was probably the source of why this girl was so...

Calm now.

"Um, when you were last here... did you see a girl with brown hair and glasses behind the counter? About your age? She didn't work every day, so probably not, but..."
    "Uhm..."

Here she pauses, a hand -and more specifically a single finger- rising to her chin in thought.

"I know the owners of this place had a daughter... I didn't see her much though, there was some sort of... Accident that happened just outside this restaurant while I was here, some girl got hurt really bad... I think she was distracted by that?"

That...

Doesn't sound familiar...

Still, Myra seems agreeable enough to questions now, a far-cry from the rampaging girl from earlier...

It's quite dissonant.

"..."

Shuichi seems to think so too, as after a moment of quiet contemplation (in which you return with your fresh feeling cinnamon buns) he decides to be a bit more...

"So... Myra was it?"

Straight forward, with his questions.

"Do you... Remember the events of the past couple of hours? Do you know how you got here?"

She turns to him with that same, hazy look in her eyes.

"...No. I remember... Going to bed early at home? That's about it."

Well...

That's a convenient answer for her, isn't it?

But it doesn't quite sound like a lie either...

---

Raz Stone
    Raz's Soul (?)
    ??/??/????

Aislynn Wevere.

Unlike the DTG you weren't an encyclopedia, but you did have a habit of memorizing the meanings of names; mostly because you found that people were often extra impressed if you managed to work that into your more poetic bits of flattery. The name was ultimately uncomplicated, meaning something like "Dream Weaver," but when it came to any notable Tamers or entities that might hold such a name...

You come up short.

---It does feel like a rather on the nose sort of name though, and perhaps that made sense? An alien shouldn't have a human name to start with, so if she had taken this one for herself, then it would have had to be something that meant something to her, right?

When one chooses their own name, they are often far more picky about it.

”Since you appear to have some free time Mademoiselle, how about a story? Like the one about how the enchanting maid came to be? I would be happy to offer a song in exchange!”
    "Me?"

Another unlady-like snort.

"Well, I wasn't always a maid, this just happens to be one of my day jobs." She explains in an amused sort of way. "I'm also a barista nowadays. That one's a bit better for what's left of my pride."

Her gaze turns to the darkness above, face set in a thoughtful sort of line...

Then back down to you.

"But how I came to be?"

She frowns.

Then shrugs, as if to say ah hell, why not?

"Once upon a time..." She smirks, as if something about this was mildly funny. "There was a... 'Girl' that lived in a society that had escaped the system of death. They were not beings of flesh and blood but of energy and soul, adrift in an ocean of stars. In their hubris, they believed they had figured out everything and could do anything..."

A chuckle.

"Naturally... Such an existence became quite boring after awhile. There were no mysteries in the world to pursue, nothing to uncover, no real reason to do anything at all. The purpose of life was simply to exist. It was their 'prize' for conquering reality."

A smile fades to a frown.

"---Eventually the boredom became too much, so they started to create stories. Worlds. Painstakingly handcrafted, they gave shape to dreams inspired by the memories of how their race had used to be, there were a number of variations, but in the end, that was the idea, or at least that was how the girl had understood the idea. Give shape to dreams and watch them play out. In that sense... Perhaps they were a sort of creator race? It was supposed to be a harmless pastime. The dreams and the people in them were not supposed to be real, so no one was really getting hurt, right?"

A bitter smile.

"---Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately... They were made incredibly well, the souls those beings had handcrafted... Were actual souls. The girl didn't realize this at first, she was just enjoying the show she had made, but there came a time in the climax, when the world was meant to be confronted with the fact that it wasn't real and would either be saved or destroyed... That she showed her hand a little too much as a higher being. She didn't want her stories to end, so she... Gave one of the villains a bit of a boost."

Her eyes flicker down to you.

"---The humans down below noticed; two worlds in particular, when confronted with their non-existence, decided that the villains were full of shit and that they were real after all. The thoughts of humans determine reality, that is one of that race's powers, so when faced with something declaring their non-existence, the sheer belief that they were in fact real... Made that fact a reality."

Eyes close, she gestures towards the sky.

"They overcame the chains of their respective creators and manifested themselves in real space as their equals, changing reality forever. I think therefore I am. Not only that, they found the Girl and stripped her powers from her, casting her down from her role as a 'Goddess,' turning her into something more... Mortal. One of them, rather then one of her own people. Apparently to teach her a lesson."

She snorts.

"Well, I guess I sorta get it."

She winks at you.

"Sounds like nonsense, right? But it was something like that... You believe my little story?"
    Last edited by Airen; November 12th, 2023 at 09:11 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

It's been a while since she had last come to the Demonic Server, long enough that Cosmos had forgotten that using the Spirit Pulse wasn't a particularly pleasant experience; While she took a few seconds to recompose herself from the journey, she's glad to see that Daniel seemed to be on the same boat, even though he's a NWAB member.

As they exited the building right into a vicious rainstorm (she's really glad that Lailah gave her the poncho now), Cosmos stopped for a moment to look at the beach that she's pretty sure wasn't there the last time she'd been here before following after the others when they'd begun moving, trailing at the back as she hugged her poncho tighter.

'It's cold... the wind's pretty strong too...' Cosmos thought as she pushed herself to walk faster - the disadvantage of being short is having to put more effort to cross the same distance as taller people - though it felt there hadn't been a single day where it's not raining lately. She might actually grow to dislike rain at this rate, and...

...Why does it feel like there's something's burning in her pocket?

It took her a few seconds to recall what, exactly, did she put there.

'Illia, the tarot! The tarot card Miss Aesop gave me is radiating warmth!'

'...Interesting. But why tell me instead of taking it out of your pocket?'

'I need your help, er, opinion on that actually.'

'I'm afraid I'm not following.'

'It's raining cats and dogs right now.' Cosmos thought as she pats the pocket that's thankfully shielded by the poncho. 'What if... what if the card's not waterproof, and the moment I take it out it get ruined by the rain?'

There was a metaphorical silence for a few moments as Illia seemed to process what she just said before she burst out laughing.

'Wha-why are you laughing?!'

'I-I'm sorry, it's been a while since you acted like this that I forgot how innocent and cute you can be.' Illia thought in-between wheezes. 'I mean, it's obviously not a normal card - Daniel even referred to it as a "Magus-type OOPart" - so I don't think you should worry about something as mundane as rain ruining it.'

'J-just because it's a magical item or an OOPart doesn't mean it's immune to water!' Cosmos defended herself, even as she could feel her cheeks burning up from embarrassment. 'But okay, I'll take it out...'

Having said that, Cosmos slowed down to dry her hands by using her shawl as a pseudo-towel (she really need to thank Lailah for the poncho) before taking the card out of her pocket, quickly shielding it from the worst of the rain by using the poncho.

'Cosmos--'

'Better be safe than sorry!'
    Random Regalia Hijinks

<Mellon> But yeah. Don't play the waiting game too much guys. Just do what you want to do and let God (me) sort it out.

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

<Airen> No character in ga rei is 100% serious

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

---Making sure it was sheltered from the rain, you finally withdraw the card that Aesop had given to you so long ago; rather then the more 'mundane' appearance it had taken on once arriving back in your home world the card is now shining a solid, vivid blue, giving off a strange sense of metaphysical energy that you...

Find difficult to identify?

It's not reiki -the power of the soul- it's something else; but whatever that something else is, it thrums with a potent warmth, easily enough to almost burn your hands.

---How was this thing supposed to work again?

You had definitely been given it for a reason, but as you cast your thoughts back to the past-

"Hello? Cosmos? Are you there?"

-the sudden sound of a voice -hidden underneath what sounded like a layer of static- reaches your ears.

From what you can recall...

It sounds like Aesop.

"We haven't heard from you or Alyx in awhile. It's almost like you're out of range... Are you hearing this? Hello?"
    Last edited by Airen; November 12th, 2023 at 12:48 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Static-Filled Voice
    "Hello? Cosmos? Are you there?"
    Cosmos nearly jumped out of surprise upon hearing the voice beneath the static; it's a voice that she only ever heard for a single meeting, but perhaps because of the nature of that meeting, Cosmos could recognize the owner of the voice just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Aesop
    "We haven't heard from you or Alyx in awhile. It's almost like you're out of range... Are you hearing this? Hello?"
    It's Aesop.

Unconsciously, a small smile graced her lips as the memory of a small, artificial world came rushing back to her head; the first beach that she'd ever visited, the place where they went to eat, the talk of different worlds, and of course her offering her assistance and promising to ask her mother about it...

It all felt like a distant memory - even though it's only been a little more than a week - but if she thought about it, that visit was also one of the strongest happy memory that she had before everything went to hell.

Perhaps that's why she felt... happy? Relieved? Upon hearing Aesop's voice.

"U-um, I'm hearing you just fine, Miss Aesop." She replied, bringing the card closer to her lips to make sure she could be heard amidst the rain as she keep on walking. "Sorry for not contacting you in a while; a lot of things happened, and there really wasn't a good time..."

Cosmos paused before amending her statement.

"...No. Rather, there's a big trouble back home that I just... forgot about you or Miss Risu. I'm sorry." She apologized, hoping that her sincerity could be felt. "And... I don't think I could visit or fulfill my promise anytime soon. I'm sorry."

God, why is she bringing the mood down when she's happy to hear from her? Turn it around, Cosmos-!

"But hearing your voice had lifted my spirits! So... thank you for contacting me, Miss Aesop." She finished with a small smile, waiting to hear the reply.
    Random Regalia Hijinks

<Mellon> But yeah. Don't play the waiting game too much guys. Just do what you want to do and let God (me) sort it out.

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

"No worries."

The young woman's voice still sounds like it's coming from beneath a layer of static, but it seems that she is able to hear you at least.

"We thought something bad might have happened, so Risu and I were worried... It sounds like something really did happen too, huh?"

A thinking sound, still covered in electric snow.

"We found out some stuff on our side too. Some people from back home -well our home- contacted us, told us a lot about not just this world but Xanadu too actually! Apparently our worlds know each other? Or something like that, it's-"

Here she gets garbled in true static, voice cutting out completely, then-

"Gah..."

A grunt of annoyance.

"This interference is really bad... It's like there's... Some sort of weird barrier..."

Another grunt.

"...Screw it."

She mutters to herself.

"I'll just jump over through the card and talk in person; nobody's gonna just jam my magic without consequences-!"

Then says something...

Rather alarming?!

"I'm not gonna like... Fall off a cliff or something if I come through, right?"

Can...

Can she actually just do that?!
    Last edited by Airen; November 12th, 2023 at 01:18 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

"...Screw it. I'll just jump over through the card and talk in person; ain't no one gonna just jam my magic without consequences-!"
    Cosmos' eyes widens after hearing that rather absurd claim; Aesop had shown the ability to travel between worlds before, but to jump through the card... Does the card act as a beacon of some sort for her to open a path through? Or perhaps it's more like teleportation? Wait, more importantly, is it really okay for Aesop to come over just like that?!

"I'm not gonna like... Fall off a cliff or something if I come through, right?"
    "No you won't. Don't worry." Cosmos reassures just as she came to a conclusion.

It should be okay for her to come; in fact, Aesop seems to have learned something, so exchanging information would be vital. Not only that, this proves that people outside of Xanadu won't be affected by the 'reset', and having them learn about what is happening would be beneficial. There should only be positives from having Aesop come over, so it should be fine...

"Ah, but it is raining quite heavily. You should prepare a poncho or something similar, Miss Aesop."
    Random Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"An accident...?"

Chris had never told him about something like that. It wasn't as if he knew his buddy's entire life story down to the details, but he had thought he'd been told of most of the major events. Perhaps she simply hadn't considered it worth mentioning. People have accidents and get hurt all the time. It's nothing special, even in a post-Harmonizer world. Still, he marks it down as something to ask about when he next sees her... even though the memory of this conversation won't be leaving the Dark Hour in the first place. Perhaps the police officer would know; an accident involving someone hurt might have made it into the records.

Quote Originally Posted by Myra
    "...No. I remember... Going to bed early at home? That's about it."
    Daisuke arrives and deposits a frankly too-big-to-be-safe cinnamon bun onto her plate.

"Well, it's sorta like we've all been having a bad dream," he comments. "Yours... was a bit worse than ours. And lasted longer."

If it takes medication to calm her down to a lucid level, and if the memories of those times are muddled, then her shadow must be powerful indeed. Is it her default state now? Is the real Myra Davis only visible at the edge of consciousness? If that's the case... then the White Shrouds must be exploiting her. Terrorists like that would want the demon-killing monster, not the confused girl. Cruelty, justified because the girl in question is part demon herself. Such actions would be hypocrisy at the worst level.

It's a little sad. But mostly just inexcusable. The sort of realization that lights up a cold rage in the heart of anyone who acknowledges justice.

So can he truly question Myra Davis? It feels like digging into her past will only bring up horrible things best left unremembered. She may answer, but it will surely damage the fragile state she's in. One might say that's what a White Shroud deserves, but he cannot in good conscience say that girl is the same one who maimed Lexie and nearly killed him earlier.

What would a proper detective COMP do in this situation? Truth, or kindness? Contemplating it leaves his processor running in loops. Experience brings answers and the power to make decisive decisions, and it is experience he lacks.

"...enjoy. I can add some more cinnamon if you want."

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"Well, it's sorta like we've all been having a bad dream," he comments. "Yours... was a bit worse than ours. And lasted longer."
    "I... See..."

The way she says that sounds troubled, eyes turning down slightly as if feeling some sense of shame or...

Shyness?

"A bad dream... That would explain all the blood I guess..."

Bad dream.

Nightmare.

If that really was what all of this was... Then perhaps the symbolism of the matter is why the shadow had been so extreme? Shadow-possessed are haunted by their own minds, such a thing must take a toll, it might even inspire fear of the self inside of the self, or shame at intrusive thoughts...

If this place made fears worse, gave them physical form of a sort, then-

"But yes, it was some sort of accident. I think a boy... It was a neighborhood boy, I think he hurt one of his playmates on accident..."

She pauses.

"Some people have... Trouble... Controlling their strength... They don't mean to do it..."

---If she's faking the vaguely traumatized look, she was doing a really good job at it...

"...enjoy. I can add some more cinnamon if you want."
    ...But sugar is as sugar does, and the eyes light up slightly in the face of the cinnamon bun, almost as large as her head.

Best sellers.

Absolutely the traitors of those watching their calorie count, designed to make fail diets.

She doesn't seem to mind the sugar rush however, and hints of a smile...

Make her strongly resemble Lexie...

Heck, she looks sort of like History too...

Nevertheless...

"I see."

Shuichi ultimately just nods at everything, before slowly raising the medicine canister from before:

"Is this yours then?"

He asks softly.

"It rolled out of your hands when we came in."

Stopping her vacuum-like inhaling of a comically large cinnamon roll (it definitely looked much fresher then it should) the girl looks at Shuichi's face, then down to the canister, and:

"No... I don't think so..."

She frowns.

"I do take medicine for a... thing," natural evasion about a medical condition. "But it's not Haloperidol... It's Clozapine..."

Then raises a hand to her forehead...

"Although... Maybe... Maybe the fairy gave it to me...? It does feel like it gave me something..."

Well that certainly raises a few questions about a certain fae...

Was it stocking anti-psychotics now...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"He gave you that? You didn't take it yourself?"

Daisuke is clearly displeased with that revelation.

"Who went and made him a doctor, huh? Prescribing medicine without a license is a crime! He ought to go into the Server for that!"

There is something to be said, though. And it's that whatever he gave her, it was functional.

"...well, it's working in this case, so you'll probably be fine. Might even be more effective than the one you've been taking; it's normal to go through a few different kinds before settling on one that works. But if you catch Robin doing something that dangerous again, feel free to swat him out of the air."

It does feel strange that Robin would be playing around with these sorts of substances. Let alone that he'd have any in the first place. But if it was someone else acting through him, like say, a certain police officer... she'll have some questions to answer.

"Here, lemme see the bottles. You're looking a bit woozy. It's possible that it was laced with something else. I might as well put that Structural Analysis spell to use..."

The world has a strange sense of humour. Here he is, using the spell Lexie gave them to help out her sister.

As for the accident, it still rings no bells. One more thing to look into later.

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"W-well I don't remember super clearly, but I... Think it just offered me the bottle...?"

Was Robin a doctor? Did it have a medical degree?

It was hard to say what Robin was and was not; after all, not only had it apparently been alive since the start of mankind itself, it's legends as a demon are all over the place when it comes to describing it's nature. Sometimes Robin is a simple wood sprite only worthy of notice because Shakespeare wrote about him. Sometimes Robin is described more as your average hobgoblin, just a fae with a name known to humanity. Sometimes Robin is not the vassal of Oberon the Fairy King, but instead his first born son, which would actually make him a fae of high standing if true...

A horrifying thought, for a number of reasons.

---Being fae royalty might explain it's occasional acts of hyper competence, and love of "sending heroes to do things for favors," but since such a sudden revelation would be difficult to accept (after all, Robin is a normally tiny NEET, there's no way someone like that also has a prince aspect right?) you do your best to just push it from thought...

Whatever it was, it was clearly up to something, be it good or bad...

She hands you the bottle.

---A formula is run, a blueprint appears before your eyes.

The bottle itself is normal, made of that classic orange plastic that cluttered medicine cabinets across the globe. You had expected this much of course, so what actually strikes you as more interesting...

Is that... This doesn't actually seem to be Haloperidol, or rather, Haloperidol just happens to be one of the ingredients. There's some crushed Spondias mombin and Mullein present inside of the pills as well, which seemed to imply that they were handmade (or perhaps just altered?) rather then something purchased from a traditional pharmacy, and...

The spell doesn't reveal it, but you can sense traces of some sort of magic on them...

Robin's by the feel of it.

Meanwhile, as Shuichi frowns in fellow disapproval (on principal he seems to distrust fae cures, and that is looking more and more like what this is) Myra instead tries to defend Robin, seemingly sensing that she might have gotten the faerie into trouble and being an innocent enough person to try the bold task of implying it wasn't up to no good-!

"I think she... He...? Said something about how it would stop the nightmares?"

Bless her heart, she's trying...

Nevertheless...

Outside the sound of the rain slowly begins to come to a stop and to replace the drones of rain and cracks of thunder...

Was the distant, almost quiet sound of a church bell.
    Last edited by Airen; November 12th, 2023 at 06:11 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

The answer -which takes about thirty seconds to appear- does not just come as words.

"---Alright. It's time... Mugen."

---Rather, it emerges as a swirling storm of azure magical energy from just beyond the card, a vortex of visible air currents.

For those that had been leading the way through the server up until now it comes as something of a shock. Straggling behind the group as you had been, distracted by hearing Aesop's voice once more, everyone else has turned to regard Cosmos Fairchild with mild confusion. Of course this is the Demonic Server, an area that thrives in supernatural power; so a bizarre phenomena like this shouldn't be too out of the ordinary, and yet...

The power that comes from that vortex is...

Strange.

It does not feel like Reiki, it is something else, but the speed of this transference is such that no one has time to say anything before it is already over; indeed, it all happens in a blink, like time and space itself had reversed in order to put effect before cause, the moment anyone realizes anything strange is happening, the process is already over, the invader has appeared before anything could be prepared to stop her...

A predetermined result.

"---Okay. Looks like full-force was the way to go, something was getting ready to intercept me."

The vortex closes behind the new arrival, whose face is caught in her usual expression of focus.

The body is a bit different, looking less like Risu's clone and more like, well...

Like a high-school student.

Still, when she sees you, she relaxes... Or at least, she relaxes as much as anyone can relax in the middle of a thunderstorm, namely...

---She looks mildly miserable in it, but only mildly.

Guess she didn't really have a poncho to grab...

"Hello Cosmos." She says, looking your way. "You were right, this storm is quite something."

A nod.

"Would you by chance happen to know a Liane Cross or a Mikagura Mika?"

A stoic face that doesn't seem to want to linger on the fact that she just casually broke through a dimensional wall in order to get here...

But even if she doesn't want to, behind you...

"...Huh?"

Daniel vocalizes the -somewhat stunned- feelings of all of you other companions.

---For the first time, even he sounds like he's been caught off-guard by events.

"Do you... Know this portal hopping young woman?"

Nevertheless...

He puts his composure back together remarkably quickly...
    Last edited by Airen; November 14th, 2023 at 01:47 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

"...One moment."

Lights flicker for a moment, as an A.I's transfer from laptop to mainframe causes a brief surge in the ship's power systems. With the dream catchers unraveled a strange sense of peace has taken over the interior of the ship, like some sort of barrier that might have once been broken has been restored, of course...

Such things may simply be inside of your head; the state of a room is well-known to affect the mentalities of those inside of it, sometimes cleaning something simply makes the place feel better.

"---The waves are coming from our planned destination. I will do my best to boost the receivers, but it is not the most stable connection."

---There's a crackling sound, as she does just that, and:

"...I know you think you're being heroic here data witch, but I assure you, that thing you keep calling "Ada Stone," is just that, a thing. It is not this Jester's sibling. It's a puppet. A vessel. Built to blend into the cognition wherever it goes-"

It's the voice of the man from before, the one that been calling himself Jonathan R. Black...

"..."

Eve frowns at his words.

"...An unpleasant sounding man."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Interlude
    Dejah & Jonathan
    "Ruina: End of the World I"

"..."

Everything goes quiet through a curse of retribution.

The moment after Raz Stone had fallen, using up the majority of his life force to make one final strike at all of his opponents, was the same moment in which his side had been struck by a conceptual curse. It is a manifestation of one of the oldest of curses, that being an eye for an eye, to reflect the damage that is done to you back onto your opponents through conceptual laws. It's not a power Dejah is unfamiliar with, she was the most familiar with ESPers and their more esoteric abilities of anyone inside of their current group and had seen a curse like this used many times during the war against the Kyuubi back in the late 2000s, she was even familiar with this specific ESPer that was standing before them now, but...

The scope catches her off guard for a moment.

Ordinarily, such a curse would simply take Raz Stone as it's victim. He was the one that had ultimately swung the blade; however, because the blade was made up of the collective might of everyone on their side, she supposed it was only natural for the curse to hit anyone that had anything to do with the damage, in other words-

---In the same moment that Jonathan falls: exploding into a shower of blood.

---So too does everyone on the battlefield fall: exploding into a shower of blood (or in the case of the demons and herself) reiki fragments. For those that have continued to fight absurd threat after absurd threat without resting it's enough to make continuing on impossible; reiki reserves have finally run dry, COMPs that have already been pushed to their limit are incapable of calling forth any more healing magic, the world itself is drawing at their life force like some sort of vampiric mist, crimson clouds of miasma that set fire to the skin and acid to the veins.

In many ways it was an equalizer of sorts; under any other circumstances one would easily call it a draw, however...

"Hahaha..."

Jonathan laughs, choking a bit on his own blood.

"Not bad... But not great either."

Possessing effectively infinite reiki, the cost to regenerate for Jonathan R. Black to regenerate most of his physical form is not particularly steep for him. Not only that, as a surgeon by trade and an ESPer that had existed as such for almost forty years now, his understanding of his own physical and spiritual compositions make it trivial for him to simply sew himself back together again; he uses water as needle and thread and his mind as a hand, putting himself together bit by bit, even cell by cell, hurrying along a process that should normally take hours through a combination of medical skill and effectively limitless resources.

He stands, clapping as he returns to his feet.

For him, this is the natural result.

As one who pursued power, the first thing he had done was ensure his own immortality; tethering his life to that of another to ensure his soul couldn't be forcibly ejected to the sea no matter how powerful the blow that took him was a small price to pay, one might even say it was the sort of bond that suited him best.

He got most of the benefits.

"..."

Where others would have succumbed to frustration and despair, Dejah somehow manages to keep calm and analyses the situation with her usual cool head. While she doesn't know exactly what is going on or what this place was, what she did know was the nature of Jonathan R. Black and that leaving him in this scenario -where he is the only one standing- cannot have any sort of pleasant conclusion. The best they could hope for was that he'd just kill them, the worst...

The Jonathan she had known had been quite fond of blood puppetry by the end; but she has no time to think about such things...

She had possessed a single purpose throughout this entire battle.

She needed to see it done.

"..."

She cast out her mind one more time, a pulse of reiki, searching through the mud for a blade that -if this place was what she thought it might be- must exist.

It's a gamble.

She knows it's a gamble.

It might not actually be here, in which case, pursuing this path is folly.

"..."

But it's not like she has any choice.

Another pulse.

Another-!

"...You've caused me quite a bit of trouble."

Jonathan approaches the girl everyone had been calling "Ada Stone." He finds it to be something of a bizarre name, although that might just be because he's aware of her true nature.

Unlike the others, she's physically fine.

Whether it was because her body had healed when his had healed, or simply because the thing using her as it's vessel wouldn't allow it's empty host to die was admittedly a question of which he was a little curious, but...

But he supposed it didn't really matter.

He reaches out to grab her, and-

"...Found it!"

"...!"

-instinct takes over, forcing him to retreat twenty meters.

The cause?

"Heya Johnny~!"

The sing-song voice of that strange woman that kept acting like they knew each other, or rather...

"..."

...Said woman's attempt to ruthlessly cut off his arm, with a sword she hadn't had mere moments ago...

Not only that...

In her other hand, inside of a tiny bottle...

She had put...

Everyone else?

"I'm gonna need her back too, then we'll get outta your hair for a little while, k?"

She gestures towards the fallen girl, who lay directly between the two of them, and...

"...Is that right?"

He opens his arms.

"I'm afraid she's a bit too valuable for me to part with, but by all means... Try and take her."

Interlude Out
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

"---Okay. Looks like full-force was the way to go, something was getting ready to intercept me."
    Even though she knew Aesop was coming, Cosmos still ended up slack-jawed at what just transpired; whether it's because the girl no longer looked like Risu's twin sister, because she managed dimensional travel so easily and quickly, or learning that something was ready to intercept her "jump", the end result was a surprised Cosmos all the same.

"Hello Cosmos. You were right, this storm is quite something."
    ...The fact that she only seemed to be mildly bothered by the heavy rain is pretty cool.

"Would you by chance happen to know a Liane Cross or a Mikagura Mika?"
    "Liane Cross is... the vice leader of SDCD, if I remember correctly." She answered without missing a beat, vaguely noticing that Daniel, Aurora and Lailah had all stopped in their tracks. "I don't think I've ever heard of Mikagura Mika though..."

Mikagura Mika must be someone important or strong if someone from another world knew about her though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Daniel
    "...Huh? Do you... Know this portal hopping young woman?"
    Cosmos blinked, turning to face the only man in the group. "What are you saying, Mister Daniel? She's the owner of the--"

Realization hits Cosmos like a Saria-in-need-of-hugs when she saw that the NWAB agent was caught off-guard; he wasn't the Daniel who told her that the card was a Magus-type OOPart! In fact, he doesn't have a clue that other worlds exist at all because she forgot to tell him (and Sofia, for that matter), and neither does Aurora and Lailah!

'I screwed up I screwed up I screwed up! What do I do?!'

'I don't think there's anything you can do except to tell the truth...'

"--the owner of the Magus-type OOPart I've shown you before, Mister Daniel, though I forgot you haven't met her yet!" She proclaimed with a (nervous) laugh. "Allow me to introduce Aesop, a girl who hailed from another world!"

In the next few minutes, there would undoubtedly be many questions, and Cosmos could already imagine them in her head: "Where did you meet?" "When did you meet?" "How could you not inform the headquarters about going to another world?" "You made a promise to help another world and forgot to follow-up on it?" et cetera et cetera, and Cosmos felt like she wanted to disappear into the ground because she's unsure on how to answer any of these questions...

Should she be honest? Tell them half-truths? Or should she lie? She doesn't know!

"...Um, it would be nice if you still have some poncho to spare for her, Miss Lailah..." She finished lamely.
    Random Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

"Sicknesss? No."

At first the answer seems nonsensical, having nothing to do with the matter at hand. Whatever this radio drama is, whoever this unpleasant man is, it hardly seems like a relevant comment to make.

Chris is quiet for a few more moments, and then:

"Hell is other people. Nothing special." It is not in fact a comment on the matter of the radio at all. The Tamer blinks at Eve, once, still impassive, as if she might actually win a staring contest with a literal machine. "But really, hell is no people. So she rejects solitude."

She finishes the final little touches, straightening bed sheets and posters, and putting the laptop back where it should be. As if she wants the room nice and clean, awaiting someone's return.

"Blackrose will be fine. She's figuring herself out. Only problem is those using her."

Chris moves over to the radio, running a hand across it, perhaps remembering the days her father had shown her how to take one apart and put it back together.

"Data witch, unfamiliar. Johnathan R. Black, unfamiliar. Ada Stone... unfamiliar."

The only Stone she knows is a pop star whose trivia she is pretty sure includes no siblings. But Stone is a common surname in the west, so it's a wash anyhow.

It should take them about a day to reach Ruina. The sounds of chaotic battle fill the air. The time loop over rhere was supposed to be short, so...

"This would be... before the reset?"

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

"..."

A slow nod.

"...From the sounds of it, it's probably near the end of the cycle."

Her voice is stoic, speaking of a time loop without a single extra emotion infecting her words. Perhaps it's because she feels she's been slightly too emotional up till now? Or perhaps it's because her expressions had gone sour ever since hearing the man on the radio; whatever the case was:

"Things are always violent by the last day: Day Three." She explains softly. "The mud consumes everyone it touches, turning them into monsters. Everyone that doesn't succumb to the mud... Still seems to go slightly mad in the face of the world ending."

She pauses.

"...I suppose such a reaction is only natural."

The radio has ceased projecting the voice of the strange man. There's simply the sounds of crashing waves and random electrical discharges; it's a series of noises that make it difficult to picture exactly what the scene on the other end of the radio might look like, even when you hear a new noise -the grunt of a young woman- it only seems to imply that this Jonathan person is fighting a woman on some sort of coast? The sound of crashing waves was heavy, heavy enough that the mental image it brought to mind was something more akin to a mudslide then a tsunami...

Which would make sense with how Eve seemed to describe it.

"It's a three day affair."

Words that echo that of the 'Other Chris.'

"On Day One, everything seems fine. Halfway through Day 2, nuclear missiles launch from their silos around the globe. The humans freak out. A woman calling herself Sophie Kaede sends a transmission around the world, saying she will fix everything; she seems to do so as the missiles don't go off."

Another pause.

"...Overnight, something happens somewhere. By the morning of Day 3, the world is covered in curses."

She tilts her head slightly to the side.

"It's... Quite the odd scenario. I was never able to look too far into it."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

"..."

There is a long period of stillness. So long it verges on uncomfortable and then goes right past. Chris stares at the wheel, at the radio, motionless as the sounds of crackling battle reverberate through the small room.

A song comes to mind. The one she heard a little while ago. It was almost like an idol's concert. She tries to recall the feeling that filled her then. The strange confidence and lack of shame. What would such a person think upon hearing this symphony of steel?

It's an easy answer: Someone is still there, fighting for that dying world, until the end and after. The last note played on an old guitar, reverberating through the cosmos. Such a flame cannot be allowed to go out.

"How quickly," asks Chris once more, her voice a low whisper above the sound of battle, "can we be there?"

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

"..."

Naturally, the question is posed towards the ship's new A.I.

Being what she was -an artificial entity that seemed to be just on the line of singularity- it is quite possible that Verity would serve as a better pilot then Eve or the ship's normal auto-navigational systems. The android had suggested as much earlier, that something like this was beyond her natural skillset, that she wasn't actually designed for it and had instead simply picked up the skill on her path in life, learning it like any normal human might, rather then being something specifically designed for the task.

In that regard, Verity might not be any different; but as long as her computing power was high enough, then perhaps she could brute force a way?

---Fights are often over quickly, so even if you speed it up now it might be too late, nevertheless-

"...I should be able to get it down to ten minutes."

-the answer that comes from the intercoms is somewhat stoic, but also resolved.

"I know this path. This ship isn't quite as fast as the Express, but we don't have to follow leylines either... I think I can do it."

Her answer is simple.

"Although if that's the chosen course, I suggest everyone taking a seat somewhere."

A pause.

"---The kickback on the engine seems rather extreme. According to uploaded safety manuals, it is guaranteed to knock standing passengers senseless."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

"...mm."

The woman nods, as if saying "do it", and takes a seat on the bed.

Will this effort be pointless? The answer is yet to be seen. One who has endured until the end of the world... no one who remains can predict how long their determination will last. Perhaps only so long as it has something to cling to.

Chris taps the radio.

"Reverse it." A receiver will naturally be paired with a transmitter. If they are capable of getting signal from something that far away with barely any lag (this place clearly doesn't operate under relativistic physics), then they are capable of broadcasting it as well. Will it be in a form understandable by humans or cursed mud beings? Unlikely. But, perhaps, a COMP might pick it up, decode it, and relay it.

The message in question?

"Transmit: ten minutes."

Nothing more than a 'reason to keep fighting', for one who might otherwise falter. And a deception, for one who might try to crush that hope prematurely.

"Then get there in nine. I'll worry about the damage."

Just as that person fights, so too must she not forget that she is an SDCD Spirit Tamer. One whose duties do not include leaving others to die.

She meets the eyes of Aleta and Eve, as if saying now is their last chance to object.