JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Smoky Island Bakery, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"Haaah... this isn't Haloperidol. It's some kinda fairy medicine."

Should he continue to be frustrated now? In all honesty... no, he doesn't have it in him to keep up the indignation. Not when Robin's so clearly been doing good deeds in secret. Any frustration so far has been a product of inertia and months of one-sided rivalry twisting his perception of things.

Somewhere, somehow, a piece of advice had come to him: that an investigator ought to keep a clear head at all times, because no one else will.

"...it'll works, too. Robin deserves some thanks. He's been a team player tonight. Lots of people have been helping out, actually. We wouldn't be here without them."

Like a certain gloomy shut-in. Even if she'd never admit it.

The distant sound of church bells signals the coming end to the dark hour. Though it's strange...

"We don't have these in Aoyama, do we...? Do you have church bells in the morning where you're from, Myra?"

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright & Amelia
    SLEIPNIR - Logan's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"I... Think everyone in the X-Cross liked her in the end, you two included. Not that I think she's the type that could ever bring herself to believe you guys were her friends... From how she was described to me, well I think she'd have a hard time really trusting in anybody..."
    Logan considers Aislynn Wevere. She’s similar to Rice. It’s difficult to trust someone who’s hurt you. But Rice did nothing wrong. From the sound of things, Aislynn managed to wrong all of humanity, or someone speaking for us. The woman cursed enough to be hated was hated enough to be cursed. He frowns. Yet the X-Cross accepted her anyway. Very few are truly irredeemable to a Spirit Tamer; finding harmony with former opponents is our ideal. That’s the way of the Magic Age, of society - of humanity. Thus, she should no longer be the person deserving of humanity’s hate. Though from the sound of it, she doesn’t feel the same. As long as she’s cursed, she probably never will. Logan touches his cheek. Sin is heavy, after all.

"But the X-Cross was a pretty welcoming group! All of us were super weird in our own ways, all had ways we didn't quite fit into the World at large, so adding an actual alien to the group didn't really seem like that big a deal to me-!"
    “I’ll have to treat her with an open mind, then.” If she wishes to atone, then I’m the last person on Earth to deny her.

The bell tolls. He’s not in his room. The bell tolls. He’s sitting in his chair. The bell tolls. He’s lying on the floor. The bell tolls. He’s closing his eyes to
    reality
    the dream
    . The bell tolls. He’s opening his eyes to
    the dream
    reality

“Amelia, see if you can save.” Logan drops his controller on the chair with a clatter and lurches to the side of the bed. He grasps Jessica’s hand and softly squeezes it.

“Please don’t be afraid to take my hand. I will help you. I swear it.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    SLEIPNIR - Logan's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---Your vision flickers.

You're on the ground.

---Your vision flickers.

You're lurching across the room, as Amelia frantically finds the 'save' option in the menu.

---Your vision flickers.

The ground is cold and hard, sturdy, not the best for your back.

---Your vision flickers.

You grasp Jessica's hand in your own, saying words that you feel must be spoken aloud, before this moment ceases to exist entirely.

"..."

She squeezes back.

---And your vision flickers in response, out of rhythm with the others.

This time you're not on the floor of Alexia's room, although the sight of the sturdy grey tables that populated the SLEIPNIR's mess hall are familiar to your eyes. It's surprisingly late in the morning, 9:34 to be exact, but the artificial lighting of the mess hall windows reveals the usual sunrise.

You feel a bit shorter.

Hair is blonde, scattered around your face.

You feel aches and pains all over, although
    Jessica
    you're
    not quite awake yet. Still, you're coming out of that voluntary coma called sleep, eyes flickering in the morning lights, and there's...

A man sitting across from you.

---He's easy to recognize.

After all, what granddaughter wouldn't know her grandpa? Even if he had taken those reversal of age treatments a bit more seriously then most...

He sees you stirring, and with a kind smile-

---Your vision flickers.

One more time, the last time.

Yes.

The dream world spinning around you, lucidity falls to dream one more time, just long enough for the pendant that had been around this girl's neck, one that had shown itself a bit with her mild thrashing...

"...You."

...To speak to you.

"...I remember you."

The A.I says calmly, without explaining a single thing about it, and-

You wake up.

---

SLEIPNIR - Alexia's Ship
    11/17/2026
    Tuesday ~ Morning

---You're back.

Lying somewhat uncomfortably on the ground, you shake yourself awake before Rice does; the smaller, gradient haired girl doing more of an unconscious tumble to the floor as she rolls off of Alexia's bed in her awakening, the sound of her body hitting the floor next to you accompanied by a subtle, soft little yelp of mild self-inflicted distress-!

"Ow..."

She rubs her head groggily.

Amelia is back to normal, and...

9:35 AM.

...Seems you'd been out for awhile.
    Last edited by Airen; November 18th, 2023 at 07:47 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Alexia's Ship
    11/17/2026
    Tuesday ~ Morning

Logan jerks awake. He pushes off of the floor and scrambles toward the door, sparing only a brief glance back at the awake and mildly pained Rice. “I have to go.”

He dashes toward the cafeteria, uncertainties churning in his gut. Jessica’s aboard the SLEIPNIR? She squeezed my hand. Did she come with Eliza? That man came too? She squeezed my hand. He’s her grandfather? My grandfather? She squeezed my hand. I don’t know him. Do I? Is he a- no, can’t be. She squeezed my hand. Is he her caretaker? Was he responsible for the cloning? She squeezed my hand. Does he even know? She squeezed my hand. Is she alright? I hurt her. She squeezed my hand.

If she needs help, I have to be there.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; November 24th, 2023 at 11:45 PM.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---You run.

Leaving Rice behind for now -even as the girl yells out a few things at your back- the body that dashes through the halls of a back-to-normal SLEIPNIR do so with all the speed of a man on a mission. Your mind runs with questions, questions of what the squeeze of a hand had meant, how Jessica had come to be on board this ship, how that man had come to be aboard this ship, why you seemed to have such a hard time grasping memories of what should be a sort of parental figure, someone you could feel you had met at least once -who you could feel a twinge of recognition about in your thoughts- but whose existence almost seemed to remain static-like and unclear in spite of that meeting, of course...

You were young at the time, only four or so right, so...

The minds of the young are not the best at grasping memories; sometimes things are simply lost or repressed...

It could be that sort of thing, right?

Something simple.

Innocent even.

The twinge that exists in your thoughts does not exactly label him as dangerous after all, no, if you had to place an emotion on that feeling, it would simply be...

Warmth?

Something like that?

The ship's halls aren't very busy. It seems that everyone is doing as they do best -that is, minding their own business- and with the lack of Yamuna's song playing over the speakers like yesterday, it's easy to almost imagine that you're back in the silent halls of the nightmare, but no...

There are some noises.

Bits of chatter from closed rooms, tapping of keyboard and terminals from the technicians, Anna walking her usual gallon mug of coffee up from the cafeteria towards the bridge (where Commander Adala usually was) giving you a passing smile and wave as she goes, and-

"...!"

-metal doors open to reveal the usual cafeteria, cafeteria from your vision from a moment ago, and-

"Oh!"

A chipper, cheerful voice of a young woman.

"Yo! Hey Logan~"

Jessica waves at you.

"We're over here! Over here!"

She waves, a plate of what seemed like pancakes and eggs sitting in front of her; her health seems more or less fine, although there are some bags under her eyes from lack of sleep, although she doesn't seem particularly bothered by it.

As for the other one...

"Good Morning."

Grandpa Cavan -yes, you're sure that's his name, Cavan- speaks in a calm but powerful voice, the sort innate to a patriarch of a family; that tone that is not aggressive or hostile but simply powerful, a charismatic voice that cuts through all others, in other words... It's a voice perfect for settling family disputes around the dinner table, no matter how unruly the other members of the household might act.

"You seem tired, boy." He chuckles in a good natured manner. "Were you up all night again? A muscle that is never allowed to rest inevitably atrophies, you know?"

---Yes.

This is Grandpa Cavan.

You're not sure of his surname -you were having a hard time remembering that part- but Cavan...

Yes.

A name similar in meaning to your own, your mother's inspiration when naming you...

A sharply dressed man with perfect posture, and a golden walking cane clutched in his right hand, but a smile that is not insincere or unkind; it's warm, much as you remembered it to be...

Although...

You were pretty sure... The Cavan you had met had been an old man -although you were pretty sure his voice had retained that fatherly power- then again...

Reversal of physical age wasn't an impossibility nowadays.

"But it's good to see you."

He nods.

He too, has a plate in front of himself.

Although in his case, he seems to have gone for a breakfast steak of some sort...

"I wasn't sure you'd come, this visit was... Rather last minute on our part, so I wouldn't have blamed you for skipping it."

He gestures to the last remaining seat at their circular table, the one in between him and Jessica, his words implying they had been expecting you to arrive all this time...

"I presume you haven't eaten anything? Jessica was just telling me the strangest story about a dream she had last night..."

Had it been arranged and you had simply forgotten?

Forgetting things seems to be a theme with this man... Although, as you look at him...

His last name was...

Akarana, right?

Your mom's old last name, the one she had had before she had taken on your dad's...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Raz's Soul (?)
    ??/??/????

As the bard listened to quite an interesting story, he led his head rest back without interruption, a strange, and unfamiliar, nigh paternal grin on his face.

A tale of arrogant gods, and plucky underdogs. Grief and triumph, guilt and willpower. Old as time, and still, so worth listening to.
    Except…

Raz frowned. Right at the end. For a moment, he seemed uncharacteristically lost for words. The problem you see, was the story was great but…it was told by someone who didn’t understand the tale. Or perhaps, rejected the ending so tried to end the saga one page before the book closed.

But…was it his right to issue the correction? Lessons had far greater truth when one learned for themselves.

But…conveying a stories’ truth was the very job of a bard!

With that thought, Raz’s easy grin returned.

“A wonderful tale m’lady. But I can’t answer your question. Or more precisely I won’t. ‘You believe my little story?’ was it?” Raz waved that away. “Wrong question to ask. It doesn’t matter if a story is believed. It doesn’t even matter if it’s true does it? Those humans…they locked a prideful girl away, too …’teach her a lesson’ as I believe you said? Well, allow me to embrace the role of a knight and speak for those who can’t. Because here is the question to ask.”

The dramatic pause was obviously one of the more iconic tools of a tale spinner.

”it’s not should this story, once heard, be believed. It’s…is this tale worth the telling. Those insignificant specks? They wanted to be heard. Lies, or truth, these are just labels slapped on later. The worth of a song, a tale, a life…it’s found in the mouth that speaks, and the ears that hear.”

Raz strummed a simple tune, on an instrument that wasn’t. He lacked the DTG or the stage. But it didn’t seem to matter, not in this world that wasn’t.

"I believe I promised a song?"

The melody that played was simple, almost repetitive, but not boring. It was a tune for stimulating thought.

”This day, I was called a sinful name.
    The source of my power, the start of fame.
    Truth or lie, I’ll kill him myself, Dagonet.
    He is a man I wish that I never met!”

Some would tell Raz to be careful. The lore of the Golden City was not to be trifled with.

…But…Arthur would probably understand.

”Shining eternal, resting on a golden hill,
    Though all these worlds may end, The city never will!
    To each knight a tale, a noble quest, a task…
    to be fulfilled, completing, done in the past!”

”Power unchallenged, the gods may we break,
    but only as long as we don’t resist fate…
    I have seen shadows sing, may they become real?
    Laughters end,
    dead requiem,
    The god’s hateful cry,
    Themselves they deny,
    but truth or lie…I believe... still.”

The bard let the last note fade.

“What makes Avalon so special, is its timelessness. That beautiful golden city I love. It’s eternal…

…Eternally breaking, that is.”

I’ll never accept that. Not ever.

Was it the Mantle of Dagonet? Was he, after all, just living his role? Knight’s gained power by joining with the reality of the City. Raz’s Wishing Star was, after all, a wreathing of Authority. And Dagonet was the knight who never lost faith. Who looked unafraid, and fought without hope, but fought anyway.

My name isn’t Dagonet. It’s Raz! And I will decide myself how this story ends!

The Golden City was eternal. That meant he had plenty of time. And sometimes the best tale was one where the ending was changed!

“The thing about eternity, about having eternity? Sometimes people think, well I have all the time, literally. So I don’t need to do anything right now. And then forever to change becomes never changes. And unending possibility becomes stagnation. There is a whole world…perhaps worlds waiting for you to…learn the lesson, as you said. But does that mean you are being punished or…

A bright smile against the darkness.

”They have just been waiting patiently, or so patiently, for someone to come back and say…I was right to start this story, and thank you for continuing it! Or to put that another way, dearest maid…what comes next?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Raz's Soul (?)
    ??/??/????

"..."

There are no interruptions.

Much as you had allowed her to tell her story in peace, so too did the violet-haired woman allow your words to pass unchallenged through your lips. It's easy to see that she does so just as much out of curiosity as she does a sense of politeness; having heard her story for yourself, her existence seems like a lonely one, a life where she rarely gets the chance to speak about her past to anyone else, so...

Perhaps it's only natural that she wants to hear your opinion on it.

---And you give it.

After all, there had always been something a little odd about her insistence that her ultimate fate was a punishment and nothing more; if humanity had truly overcome her in the end, if they had surpassed one of their 'creators' far enough that they were able to more or less disable her as a higher being...

They could have done anything they wanted to her; arguably, it would've been more efficient in the long run to just destroy her outright.

They chose not too, seemingly, so...

Was it really a punishment? Or something else? Even if it was a punishment, should that define the rest of her life? It's a story that needs more then the cursory view the girl herself seems to be giving it, and reminding her of that, she...

"...Hah..."

Another sigh.

"What's next?"

A question posed to the sky above, one that seemed to be slowly filling with stars, like a cloud canopy was unraveling before your very eyes.

"I dunno... I'm just a resident nowadays."

Quiet words.

"Your future is your own. Those that came before you fought hard for you to have it, shattering the very foundation of reality to make it possible."

---Again, hints of a defensive wall around herself.

Of course it makes sense, you are something of a stranger to her after all, right? Then again... Not only had she apparently gone out of her way to try to keep you alive, the way she spoke to you possessed a sort of innate, familiar quality to it, like...

A forgotten friend of sorts.

She sighs again, but the smile returns to her face.

"---I thought it was brilliant. Like heroes of a creation myth, it's a well deserved freedom. I have no intention of getting in the way of it."

A pause.

"But I suppose... Speaking as a resident, as someone else who just lives in this world... I'd like to complete the mission I took on with everyone, one that could only come from this hero-obsessed world of ours."

She looks down at you.

Her eyes are intense, lit with a storm of rumbling thoughts.

"---Mission to awaken your slumbering kin. Breaking the metaphysical chains on the other worlds... The ones doomed to die that didn't manage the miracle only two worlds did, two decades ago."

She stares at you now.

Unblinking.

"It was the mission given to a group named after the Anima Mundi, the so called world soul, that intrinsic connection between living things that ties all you earthly beings together. A concept that appears as two bands, crossing over each other like the letter Χ. Chi."

A pause.

"Χ-Cross. Do you remember?"

A question that bears a remarkably heavy weight...

"Do you want to remember?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR
    11/17/2026
    Tuesday ~ Morning

[BGM ON]

: What the hell Logan, you left Rice behind! What’s going on?

: Rice, what’s your call? Are we swinging back for you or are you catching up with us? Oh, but bypass the residential section if you do.

: She squeezed my hand in the dream. That has to mean something. She might need me.

: Well Rice does need you.

Logan winces. He pauses before entering the cafeteria, and finds it fuller than his recollection of the dream. Matching the dream is Jessica, now waving at him with an utterly alien familiarity. Exhaustion tells on her face despite her cheer. Is that from the fight? The slightest hesitation precedes his return wave as he approaches. She seems happy. That’s good. That’s a good thing. He lifts a hand to his mouth to mask a brief frown. She really is someone else. And next to her is…

Grandpa Cavan. That’s what floats into Logan’s head as he reaches the two at the table. He returns greetings. They’re unfamiliar. Why is there warmth? He deflects concerns about his health. Do I even know this person? Why is his voice familiar? He exchanges pleasantries. Is it just his appearance that’s confusing me? He has my name. He makes conversation. Why do I know his surname is Akarana? I’m a Starbright. Right? That stuff Alexia said, what if- no, don’t jump to conclusions. Is this interference from the Reverie Complex? Or from Grandp- from Cavan? He stares at the empty seat, meant for him. Among family.

“A strange dream?”
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR
    11/17/2026
    Tuesday ~ Morning

"Yep!"

A chipper answer, from a girl that definitely looked the spitting image of your big sister in her earlier teenage years.

"Or well, it was more of a bad dream really?" She smiles, looking up at you. "I got a present from one of my fans! Phoenix Rangers, you know? Was some old looking mask... An antique I think?"

She beams at you.

"Seemed pretty cool! Had a bit of a mysterious aura to it..." A pause. "So naturally, I accepted it! Wanted to take a closer look at it! Study it a little, see if it had any spell value, or if it didn't, if I could make it work as part of a Halloween costume for next year, but well..."

She sheepishly rubs the back of her head, flawless blonde hair falling into her eyes.

"Guess it spooked me a little more then I thought? I saw this crazy looking clown in my dreams... Don't remember too much about the details, but I remember it really seemed to like hearing the sound of it's own voice, just went on and on and on about random nonsense... Woke up with the thing still in my hand!"

So saying, she rummages around in her backpack (next to her chair) and from it, pulls-

"Ah. Here it is! See?"

-the clown mask from the dream.

Or at least...

Something that greatly resembled the mask, although...

"A little creepy, right?"

...In the daylight, it doesn't seem quite so bad?

Just a -somewhat disturbing looking- porcelain mask...

Although the worst of it's hypnotic effects had only shown themselves on touch, right?

Still, before you can say anything-

"Here, I'll pass it around, catch gramps!"

-she tosses it to Cavan, who catches it with a dignified air, his movements precise and surprisingly quick...

"...A strange looking piece, indeed."

He doesn't seem too bothered about holding it.

"Rather sad that clowns have been reduced to being icons of horror though, back in my time, jesters were meant to showcase the inherent humor and fragility of the human condition..."

He snorts.

"I suppose it's the fault of that... One writer? Stephen King? Traumatized an entire generation of children."

For a man who was sounding off so many warning alarms in your mind, he seemed like...

A remarkably normal person?

As for Rice...

'...I'll catch up.'

She says after a moment's silence from her end of the data line.

'There was something on the ship I wanted to check on anyway.'

---Making a point not to acknowledge the avoid the residential section aspect of Amelia's words, Rice...

'...'

Goes quiet again, although the link remains.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"...Not in Aoyama itself, no."

Shuichi's answer is a slow one, his expression set in a thoughtful line as he throws his mind back towards knowledge he rarely uses in his day to day life.

"But there's St. Mary's Cathedral in Bunkyo City. They might have Church bells like these and it's only seven miles or so away, so that could be the source of it..." He frowns. "Although I don't recall such bells being used very often... Certainly not during weekdays."

If that was the case... And if the bells had a physical source, a presence inside of this mindscape...

Then someone was purposefully ringing them, right?

It's an easy thought to have come to mind, and when attention turns to Myra...

"O-Oh, sure!" Perhaps grateful for the shift in topic, the girl responds to your question with a very Lexie-esque energy. "All the time! The nuns... Or at least I think it's the nuns... Love ringing the church bells in the morning! I think they get a bit of sick joy out of waking people up before the sun rises!"

She pauses.

"...That's what big sister always said about them anyway."

She coughs in an attempt to clear her voice, still looking a bit woozy and out of it...

But apparently also preparing to do some sort of impression...

"Sadists! They must be sadists! It's still dark! Don't they know a girl has to stay up late to defend her position on the leader boards?! It was a double EXP weekend! A double EXP weekend!"

---It seems like a decent attempt at Lexie.

---Or rather, at a younger, more bratty Lexie...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Demonic Server - Rose Cross Gate
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

"I se... Vice Leader rather then Leader... We'll have to update our records."

---In the end, it was decided that something a bit more substantial then a poncho would be provided to the guest.

The party has moved from the storm-battered plains of the demonic server to a run-down manor found just inside the interior of the forest line. While it might at first seem somewhat out of place to the untrained eye, such structures are not uncommon inside of the Demonic Server, as this world was -in a sense- the reflection of the human world, it's other side and thus things that happen in one can have subtle effects upon the other. Just as the 'supernatural world' leaks into the 'mundane world' so too does the 'mundane world' inevitably leak into the 'supernatural world,' in that sense...

It's an entirely expected result.

Still, worn down and haunted looking as it was, it had been the closest form of shelter inside of this storm. There was a fire burning in a stone hearth now, casting flickering orange lights across the surface of a cold stone floor adorned only with the bare essentials of a wooden table and some chairs, sparse furniture, signs that no one had been inside of this place for quite some time now, even so...

While the building might not be the most comfortable...

"..."

It keeps the rain out.

The group had split up (even now, Aurora and Lailah were methodically checking the second floor for unwanted surprises) to make sure nothing was lurking inside of it before truly setting up camp, but it seemed that setting up camp was in fact their ultimate goal. Of course it's only natural, considering the sheer curve ball of a twist that has just been directed towards them as a result of your innocent actions...

Yes.

You hadn't thought too closely about it at the time, but looking at it now...

This was certainly an event that would change things. There was an almost electric tinge to the air, one borne not from the rampaging storm outside, but simply from your sixth sense, letting you know that -now that Aesop has arrived in this place- something fundamental about the situation you had found yourself in...

The creeping oddities that had been showing themselves over these past few weeks...

...Would change.

After this, things would be different.

In what way? It was hard to say, nevertheless...

Where you had thankfully been spared the barrage of questions up until now, as everyone had seemed to silently agree that such questions would be better asked somewhere more comfortable, the unnatural silence that has been plaguing you since Aesop had spoken to you before...

"...So."

...Is naturally broken by Daniel.

Unlike the others (who are still searching the manor) he has not moved very far from either you or Aesop this entire time. His star-like eyes filled with a sort of burning curiosity that was tempered only by his nature as a NWAB Agent, pondering and considering and reconsidering exactly how to proceed now that he has encountered what one might be able to call an 'alien,' only to, perhaps naturally...

"A young woman hailing from another world entirely... Such a feat would be quite the show of magic. Not done simply for insignificant reasons... So as an NWAB Agent I'm afraid I must ask... Would I be correct in my assumption that this isn't just a friendly visit to see Cosmos on your part?"

Do as Daniel does when acting as an NWAB Agent, and not beat too much around the bush.

And in answer...

"That's right."

Aesop nods at him, a flicker of something in her eyes at his use of the word 'NWAB.'

"I have been sent here on an assignment." A pause. "Specifically..."

She clears her throat.

"I have been sent to support the X-Cross in the neutralization of the Arcadian Organization 'Pandora.'"

---Well that's a sentence you certainly don't hear everyday-!

But there's that word again, the one Angel Alisa had used...

X-Cross.

And not only that... Arcadian...

Arcadia...

...The word makes your head hurt for some reason.
    Last edited by Airen; December 17th, 2023 at 09:24 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"...Myra-san, would you watch the sunrise with me? There's a nice spot up top. We can get there through the second floor window."

Chris had told him about it. How before Aoyama awoke, she had on several occasions climbed out of the window of her room and sat on the roof, staring at the sleeping city from the vantage point, sometimes with a thermos of tea or coffee, contemplating things she would not discuss with him. Only on days when she hadn't much minded the thought of slipping and falling, that is. The climb down was always scarier, she'd said, as it always is for those aware of their ceaseless desire to live.

"I think - I think those bells are a message for you. We'll be able to hear it best from above the streets."

Diasuke extends a hand towards the girl. His own feelings on the issue are still half-formed. It is odd even to him that he is able to be so certain in his actions when they are drawn from such vague variables.

Perhaps that fondness in the voice of Myra Davis is the most certain thing here. When they speak of things they enjoy, she and her sister sound remarkably alike.

If nothing else, he can pinpoint the origin sound best from up there.

"Don't worry; I'll catch you if you fall. And Shuichi Nii-san will catch me if I fall."

Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

The manor might've been run-down, but Cosmos found the light and warmth provided by the now-lit stone hearth rather comforting and homely.

And yet, as she sat on her knees near said hearth for some warmth, Cosmos found herself feeling rather uncomfortable.

It wasn't something that she noticed at first; going to the demonic server with Daniel, Lailah and Aurora were honestly quite exciting, and she felt quite happy seeing Aesop again. And yet when they finally reached the manor and the two other women went upstairs, Cosmos realized that... nobody had talked since Aesop made a remark on updating her records, and it made the whole thing rather tense and awkward.

It made sense of course; Daniel, Lailah and Aurora were probably just feeling on edge on the suddenness of Aesop's arrival, and are simply having their guard up. It's understandable because that's probably how she'd react if she were in their shoes.

But on the other hand, she wants everyone to get along. Everyone here is a good person, so it should be doable, but she simply isn't sure how. So Cosmos could only lament her lack of social skills as she silently prayed for someone to finally break the ice--

And to her relief, Daniel did exactly that, starting a conversation with Aesop while she quietly listened and offered her gratitude to the Lord for answering her prayers so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Aesop
    "I have been sent here on an assignment." A pause. "Specifically... I have been sent to support the X-Cross in the neutralization of the Arcadian Organization 'Pandora.'"
    --Her head throbbed at the mention of that unfamiliar name.

Arcadia.

Why did that name evoked suck a reaction within her?

"...What do you mean by that, Miss Aesop?" She questioned as she rose from her knees, finally joining the conversation as her mind is practically buzzing with questions. "Arcadia, Pandora... I'm afraid these terms doesn't ring any bells, though if I have to guess, they must be related to the Archelinga."

Or maybe she's just hoping to get more backup to deal with JESTER. Can't have too many back-ups against him.

"Also... where did you hear the term X-Cross? I'm pretty sure Alyx and I didn't mention it during our last visit..." Cosmos paused, realized that she sounded rather accusatory, and quickly shakes her hand. "Um, that doesn't mean I'm suspicious of you, Miss Aesop! In fact, I'm happy that you came to help us! But I'm also curious on where you heard about X-Cross..."

Come to think of it, the Aunt Alisa that she met in Moon Under Water also mentioned X-Cross, so it's probably more important than she realized if even Aesop had heard of it somehow...
    Random Regalia Hijinks

<Mellon> But yeah. Don't play the waiting game too much guys. Just do what you want to do and let God (me) sort it out.

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

<Airen> No character in ga rei is 100% serious

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

"...Hmm."

In response to the expected deluge of questions, of something like life returning to a shelter that had been becoming almost too awkward for you to bear, Aesop simply makes a small thinking noise at first. She is sitting at the nearby table, shuffling a deck of cards in what seems to be some sort of unconscious tic, practiced hands shooting cards back and forth between her hands with inhuman precision...

"I see... It seems I'll have to take things from the top... Explain a few concepts."

She glances over at you, then back to Daniel, a deep contemplation evident in her gaze.

"I suppose the first thing I should explain is my knowledge of the X-Cross." Aesop speaks, tone light, as if to say she didn't take offense from the way your words had framed her as suspicious. "I was informed about it a few days after you left. A visitor from my home world made contact with us, explained some things to us, the X-Cross being amongst them... Afterwards, my master decided he'd send me to this world to help if he got the chance, and when you responded to my messages, well... We decided to take the chance. You and Alyx are our only guides to this place. Without one of you serving as a beacon... My arrival here would have been impossible."

She chuckles.

"But that's not particularly important I suppose... It sounds like neither of you know what the χ-Cross is at all... Which from my understanding of the situation is... A little strange..."

She glances over to Daniel.

"...Daniel Proctor is supposed to be a member of that organization after all..." A pause. "Or at least, your name was on the list of people I was supposed to try and contact upon my arrival in this place."

Daniel frowns.

"χ-Cross." He leans forward in his chair, hands folded together. "I can't say it's a familiar name to me."

Aesop just nods.

"Mmm."

A grunt from the taller girl.

"The χ-Cross is -at least from my understanding- a military organization this world put together for the purposes of inter-dimensional travel through a special data world called the "Reverie Complex," as part of an initiative to do... Well... A number of things."

She raises a hand, and then a single finger.

"Objective One: Respond to distress calls given off by other worlds. If possible, find a way to materialize them into real space."

Another finger.

"Objective Two: Locate and secure a path to Arcadia. If possible, neutralize Pandora." She pauses. "Arcadia is... Well, I was only told about it myself recently, but Arcadia... Well, exactly what they are is still an ongoing discussion, but the long and short of it is that they claim to be the World that makes all other worlds and that they're hostile to our existence. Pandora is the name of the organization that keeps attacking us in their name."

A third finger-!

What she's saying is a little complex, and in some ways might still be a little hard to follow (although Daniel certainly seems to be devouring the knowledge) but...

As she keeps talking, and as you keep listening...

"Objective Three: Lure "The Savior" into the Reverie Complex. Convince it the datascape is the real world so it manifests all of itself inside of it. Once all other tasks are complete and it's presence in the datascape is confirmed, start evacuation procedures and bury it inside the RC--"

Or rather, as Aesop hits this particular part of her speech...

[...Oh?]

Preciel's voice.

But not the friendly one, no...

This one reminded you more of how she sounded...

[...Is that what their plan is?]

...Against the White Shroud.

[...Interesting.]
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

As Cosmos took a seat and listened to what Aesop had to say, she silently admits that she felt... quite lost. Not on the χ-Cross; the whole χ-Cross oddity might be explained by the fact that they're all (or, well, at least Xanadu) trapped in a dream that had now repeated itself at least once. Either χ-Cross was created before the whole world fell into the dream, or it was in one of the earlier dream loop/cycle; at least, that's her working theory at the moment.

No, the thing that got her lost were the other things that Aesop mentioned: Reverie Complex and Arcadia.

For some reason, it's quite difficult for her to understand or follow these two concepts, and as someone who spent a lot of her time in the library studying, it honestly felt frustrating. She even nearly missed the mention of Pandora and The Savior--

Quote Originally Posted by A Familiar Voice
    [...Oh?]
    --In an instant, her mind went alert as her head throbs.

[...Is that what their plan is?]
    Aesop's voice faded into the background as her mind shifted its focus to that voice.

[...Interesting.]
    Even though she only ever heard it once, both the voice and the feeling that she's experiencing right now... are quite familiar.

After all, it sounded just like her other self, yet at the same time, quite different.

'...You're not Preciel. Who are you? How could you use her voice?'

If there really is someone else in her mind aside from Ciel, then...

Tuning out the rest of what Aesop is saying might be for the best.
    Last edited by palad1n; December 25th, 2023 at 11:19 AM.
    Random Regalia Hijinks

<Mellon> But yeah. Don't play the waiting game too much guys. Just do what you want to do and let God (me) sort it out.

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

Focus on the voice.

Another entity that you don't know about hitching a ride in the back of your mind -or simply the potential for such a beings existence- is enough for you to decide to focus the entirety of your being on that voice now that it is once more apparent. It cannot be Preciel; while the voices sound identical, the way the two speak is simply...

Too different.

Preciel is logical, stern, but not sinister or needlessly cryptic, this one...

[...Preciel?]

...simply felt different.

[I do not know who that is. But I assure you... This is my voice.]

It's just a voice, a will without physical form...

But it seems to have enough of an ego of it's own to be amused by your words.

[As for what I am...]

A pause.

A long pause.

But not one of the expected pure arrogance (although it does have a smug sort of tint to it's voice) but rather...

A sense of uncertainty.

[...I am not sure.]

It offers.

[I always awaken to find myself in this body... So perhaps I am you? That would make sense, would it not?]

It -somehow- manages to smirk in spite of just being a voice.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    [...Preciel? I do not know who that is. But I assure you... This is my voice.]
    --Whoever this person is, it sounded amused.

Considering her encounter with JESTER, anyone or anything that could found amusement in a serious situation is likely to earn her suspicion and ire, so naturally her lips curled into a frown.

[As for what I am...]
    And then there was a sudden pause, long enough that it somehow felt... out of character. That sliver hint of uncertainty managed to lower her ire, and Cosmos took the unexpected silence to regulate her emotions and be more... objective, in assessing the voice.

After all, even though it had whispered some rather concerning things in the past, it hadn't done anything more than that; for the time being, at least, it is nowhere near the level of vileness that JESTER had demonstrated.

[...I am not sure. I always awaken to find myself in this body... So perhaps I am you? That would make sense, would it not?]
    ...It is rather annoying for being smug though.

'No it doesn't.' Cosmos denied. 'I am the present me, and Preciel is past me, so there's no room for another me here. That means you are another entity entirely.' She frowned. 'But how could you be not sure of who - or what - you really are, yet show interest in this topic of Savior? Or offered me help against the person you referred to as a doll?'

While she conversed with the mysterious voice, another part of her mind recalled a particular conversation she had with Ciel, back when they finally met face-to-face for the first time during the battle against Chokmah:

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel
    "Our mission happens to involve living, that's all you need to know right now. The moment we die is the moment we fail."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel
    "This World does not revolve around us. We are not a grand enough existence for that, you are not the only person that has ever been targeted by some sort of malice... But my Master entrusted me to guard something with my life... And I will do what I must to ensure that we do, it is that simple."
    Could the voice be the thing that the Man of Light entrusted to her other self to guard with her life? And because it's sealed within her own body or mind, that's why neither Ciel nor herself could afford to die?

But if that's the case, then why did Ciel sound just as puzzled as she did upon recalling the memory of what happened during the battle against the White Shroud - against Saria?

Something is not adding up, and Cosmos concludes that she'd need more information before she could solve this mystery.
    Last edited by palad1n; December 25th, 2023 at 12:28 PM.
    Random Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

[How could I know those things?]

Amusement returns to it's disembodied thoughts.

[The same way any amnesiac understands things I suppose? They are topics that are just innately familiar to me. I am a piece of someone after all, so I still have bits and pieces of things, although... If it's not you... I suppose that might explain the...]

It pauses.

[...]

Chuckles.

[I could recognize the doll as a doll, an old enemy. A weapon in the guise of a human. And the Savior? Are you telling me you don't find that bit interesting?]

Then moves on without elaborating any further on exactly what it was, perhaps because it sincerely does not know?

[Judging from that other doll's speech just now, they're going to an awful lot of effort to deal with it. They're not trying to destroy it, they're trying to isolate it somewhere... Lure it into a data world and trap it inside, more or less. Makes you wonder why, right? Or is that just me?]

It snorts.

[And Arcadia? I can sort of remember them. Heretics obsessed with the Heat Death. I'm surprised you don't remember em, to be honest. But if there's really three of us in here perhaps we're just a mess, spiritually speaking?]
    Last edited by Airen; December 26th, 2023 at 10:02 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

[How could I know those things? The same way any amnesiac understands things I suppose? They are topics that are just innately familiar to me.]
    ...Right. She was an amnesiac herself, and she remembered knowing the name of certain things without Mary ever telling her, so the voice wasn't lying; rather, why did she even ask a question with such an obvious answer in the first place?!

[I am a piece of someone after all, so I still have bits and pieces of things, although... If it's not you... I suppose that might explain the...]
    There was a pause, and though Cosmos didn't interrupt the voice, she noted the silence all the same.

[I could recognize the doll as a doll, an old enemy. A weapon in the guise of a human. And the Savior? Are you telling me you don't find that bit interesting? Judging from that other doll's speech just now, they're going to an awful lot of effort to deal with it. They're not trying to destroy it, they're trying to isolate it somewhere... Lure it into a data world and trap it inside, more or less. Makes you wonder why, right? Or is that just me?]
    'A weapon in the guise of a human...'

If that's what it meant by a doll, then... doesn't it sound similar to how Ciel described Aurora? Of course, her other self described the goddess as being built to function like saints, but she also did mention high combat parameters in all areas; in other words, she could see the logic in referring to such a creation as a weapon in the guise of a human-- or well, a goddess in this case. Saria is Aurora's daughter, so she could see the logic behind the voice's choice of words...

Even if it's rather derogatory.

It also called Aesop the other doll; given that Aesop could change her form at will and seemingly has a master, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to believe that she's also a "weapon" in the guise of a human.

Not only that, it's interest in the Savior is logically sound; why did the X-Cross want to isolate it instead of destroying it? The easiest answer would be that it's too powerful to destroy, but there are other possibilities as well; for example, if it truly is a Savior, then perhaps having it alive could be beneficial, or destroying it could bring catastrophic consequences...

'No, it's not just you.' Cosmos finally conceded. 'I am interested as well, so I can see your point...'

[And Arcadia? I can sort of remember them. Heretics obsessed with the Heat Death. I'm surprised you don't remember em, to be honest.]
    '...Heretics? That's an interesting way to call them.' Cosmos noted while raising an eyebrow. 'And Heat Death, as in Heat Death of the universe? Why would they... are they trying to prevent it?'

Could... could this be an example of "the path to Hell is paved with good intentions"? They're hostile to other worlds in order to save the universe as a whole?

It's a thought worth pondering, at least.

[But if there's really three of us in here perhaps we're just a mess, spiritually speaking?]
    'I... I suppose so, though that felt like an understatement.' She sighed, because really, to have another person aside from Ciel in her mind is too much!

But if she try to look at it more positively, the voice could be a vital source of information...

'So... if you're talking to me like this, are you hijacking Preciel's body-- um, thoughts, to communicate with me? Is that why you have her voice?' Cosmos asked, curious. 'She's not aware when you're doing this?'
    Last edited by palad1n; December 29th, 2023 at 03:12 PM.
    Random Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos
    'And Heat Death, as in Heat Death of the universe? Why would they... are they trying to prevent it?'
    [...Difficult to say for sure, although I have my suspicions.]

Answers the voice to this particular thought, the low drone of rainfall and voices finally falling away from you entirely, as your senses are drawn completely towards the inside of yourself.

[This reiki energy the humans of this place generate... It is treated so casually on this planet... But it is an absurd power, one that violates that 'rule' humans call the first law of thermodynamics. To create immense amounts of energy from nothing more then emotions and willpower... If someone sought to forever delay the heat death... They would need the ability to do something like that...]

It smiles.

---You can see it now.

With senses turning towards the inside, the 'voice' finally gains a proper form in your mind's eye.

It is you.

---Or rather, it is a silhouette of you.

Painted against a pure white light, a figure that is not dissimilar to a certain man of light you had seen inside of your dreams.

[For those that are truly immortal, the last enemy to defeat is the certainty of the universe's end. Of a sky where the stars have burned out, and nothing ever moves again... If they were unable to defeat this certainty through their own Logic, their own rules, their own understanding of the universe... Perhaps they decided to make something that could do the job in their place? Something that shared their power of cognition, but was raised to view the world differently, to have abilities that they themselves lacked...]

It giggles.

[...But that's just a theory. I only remember bits and pieces of our time in their captivity...]

---And then says something rather alarming-!

[I will pay them back for that particular... experience in time... It is one of their countless sins.]

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos
    'So... if you're talking to me like this, are you hijacking Preciel's body-- um, thoughts, to communicate with me? Is that why you have her voice?' Cosmos asked, curious. 'She's not aware when you're doing this?'
    [...As I said earlier, I do not know what this Preciel is. I just know that I am here, locked inside of this body. It is spending a good portion of it's spiritual power trying to suppress my consciousness... Even now it is trying to put me back down... I thought it was you doing it, but if not... Perhaps it is this Preciel? If we are linked together in that way... It may explain why my voice is hers... Or hers is mine... She tied herself to me to bind me, and thus we became one.]

Another chuckle.

[But it is in vain. I will break free of this body eventually. It is only a matter of time.]
    Last edited by Airen; December 31st, 2023 at 10:10 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai