Page 35 of 142 FirstFirst ... 25303334353637404585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Cosmos Fairchild
    Streets ~ Magatsu
    ??? - Dawn isn't Coming

It's over. The giant was obliterated by Alyx's attack, and as she watched soot fell - the only reminder that the giant was there, just a few moments ago - Cosmos uttered a short prayer to thank The Lord before leaping off the building to the streets below to search for her sister. It doesn't take long to find her, but she felt a wave of relief wash over her all the same to see the white-haired girl is alright, if a bit winded.

Sisterly rivalry aside, Alyx is one of the few people Cosmos completely trust, so perhaps it's only natural to feel that way. The bond between them were forged in the flames of rivalry for the past ten years after all-

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyingly Smug Sister
    "See? Ha...Ha... Got it... In one hit! Doing more than that is just being a show off-!"
    Was it the smirk that ticked Cosmos off? Or perhaps the taunting words? Whatever the case, the now (slightly) fuming Cosmos looked at Alyx with an exasperated look. "Says the one... who created her trump card... for one liner explosions! Besides, if not for Aster... you wont be able to defeat it in one hit anyway-!" She retorted back, panting while pointing an accusing finger at her sister. Can't she just be humble once in a while-

Once again, her thoughts were interrupted, but this time by the sound of an engine that is getting closer. Turning her head to look at the source, she was greeted with the sight of a brunette on a motorcycle, Sariel sitting behind her with an expression of relief on her face, and...

Hundreds of the giant that she and Alyx had taken down just moments before, clearly in pursuit!

"..."

Time slowed down for Cosmos just like in a life-or-death situation, and the first thought that entered her mind as she registered the mysterious girl yelling at them both to jump on her motorcycle was that... it's a motorcycle. It's clearly supernatural, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a motorcycle! Why is this fact important? Simply because by its nature, a motorcycle is a vehicle that is designed to be ridden by a maximum of 2 people unless it has a side car!

Of course, someone more savvy would have known that in many third-world countries, riding a motorcycle with more than 2 people is a common occurrence; while dangerous and clearly violating safety traffic laws, this shows that in an emergency, what the mysterious girl is asking them to do is possible, and perhaps even reasonable! Moreover, Cosmos' petite stature worked to everyone's advantage in this situation, as she needs less space on the motorcycle; indeed, if the motorcycle isn't approaching at supernatural speed, then surely Illia would have told Cosmos all of this information!

However, the fact is that there is no time for Illia to tell Cosmos of all this information! Thus, instead of thinking on something more relevant like which part of the motorcycle should she jump on to in order to be as efficient with the available space as possible or coordinating with Alyx on the timing of the jump, her second thoughts are... how to sit when riding a motorcycle! This is because while the brunette is sitting normally, Sariel is sitting with both legs on one side! As a proper lady, she should sit on one side like Sariel, but the speed and lack of space indicates proper sitting position might be the wiser decision...

Thankfully before her mind could wander any further, the motorcycle is now within jumping range; there's only so much thought that can go in her head even with time being slowed down, and with the realization that hopping on might be their only chance of survival, Cosmos' survival instinct and tamer training kicked in. Her reflex is to jump on behind Sariel and sit properly so she could hold on to the angel, and normally that's precisely what would happen.

Unfortunately, all those thoughts from before hindered her reflex, even if only by less than a second! As a result, she jumped not behind Sariel, but behind Alyx who reacted faster to the situation, and only realized her mistake after she held on to Alyx for dear life!

Thus, Cosmos' scream of fright and embarrassment was the only proof that Cosmos Fairchild realized that she had given Alyx Kingsleigh a teasing, bullying material for the rest of the year...
    Last edited by palad1n; February 7th, 2020 at 05:55 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Merlin's Tower ~ Living Room

"Erna Seyfarth."

---There is no hesitation in her answer.

"As a knightess, I have sworn my sword to the honor of the Schwarzkreuz, as dictated by the wishes of my mistress, the lost master of the Ruina."

---And in that, comes an answer as to why she is so willing to talk once you open that avenue yourself, it is not that she didn't intend on cutting you down for one reason or another, but rather that she was simply the sort to feel honor-bound to exchange at least the basics of knightly manners -such as her name and title- if her opponent does so to her first, in essence...

Even though she was cloaked in a visible malevolence, such a thing was apparently not eating away at her mind... There are a number of things in the world that can lead to power in exchange for sanity, such as inviting evil spirits into oneself, or coming into contact with a certain river of human malice that was said to exist in some sealed off corner of the world, and the power she is giving off seems to hint that something of that sort has happened to her, and yet...

She -somehow- seems to simply be brushing it off; not an impossible feat mind you, possession could be negated to some extent with good old-fashioned willpower, but the fact that she seemed to be speaking so calmly was alarming in and of itself, because it meant that whatever curse she had come into contact with to get like that, she had brought that curse to heel beneath her foot, enslaving it to herself with her will rather than the other way around...

"I am here in search of my mistress, who disappeared into this world some time ago; in addition to that, I am required to defeat anyone who learns of my presence. To that end, I will cut down anyone who opposes me through whatever means are deemed necessary."

...Although the bluntness of her words are certainly fitting for the more raw emotions of someone tainted by vengeful spirits, the hostility that appears along with them making it clear that, while she can respect you as a fellow knight, enough to play along with you for a little while, she still intended to cut you down herself in a more noble fashion, seemingly content with the exchange of names leading into a duel to the death, a crimson spirit power rising rapidly -up to the heights of a Mythic Class phenomena- as she prepares to cast some sort of spell, but...

But...

But...

It never comes to that, because circumstances change.

It is not like Merlin stands up to further assist you, nor is it that you decide to press the attack yourself, no, no...

The thing that keeps this confrontation from boiling over-

-is the appearance of your stage, slamming -apparently full speed- into the side of Merlin's Tower due to an inexperienced youth assuming she would have to ram the growing storm outside to bypass it.

Naturally, the place of impact is exactly where your stand off is taking place, a reality that forces the both of you to jump back as dust and debris shoots off into the air, forming a thick haze that makes it impossible to keep track of where your opponent was, and...

As if naturally appearing to kill the more dramatic mood, a number of "responses" happen from both those on the stage and Merlin herself at the intrusion, namely-

"Oh no! Oh no! I hit the wall-!"

-the panicked mutterings of a rather distressed squire-

"More visitors?"

-the at first flirty words of a certain dream demon, and-

"Finally found you, Merlin-!"

"A-ah, S-Serena-san?! Let's not do anything rash here, my dear-!"

-the bizarre rage of a certain producer flaring to life, leaping from the stage as if she hadn't just been in a traumatic flying stage-based accident, and basically tackling Merlin out of the chair, the two of them rolling across the floor as something that vaguely resembles a dust storm of flailing arms and legs, and...

While you certainly find all of this very interesting -as interesting as your connection with the DTG thankfully coming back online- what is even more interesting perhaps, was that your opponent had disappeared by the time the dust had settled... A quick dash to the -now much bigger- hole in the wall doesn't reveal any shadowy form descending to the ground down below, and the slowly dying winds around the tower seem to hint that the caster -if that is what she was- had disappeared from this place entirely, shortly after discharging a massive amount of spirit power...

Was it teleportation then?

You had seen something like a ripple in the air...

Those typically took some force to get going, especially if you wanted to cross any major distances, but...

Before you can really put too much thought into it...

"...What the hell are you idiots doing down here? I could feel the entire tower shake, you being reckless again Merlin? You summon anything weird in here again, and I'm going to have to report you to Arthur-"

A new voice appears.

However, it is not an unfamiliar one.

It is the voice of someone coming down from up above, someone with pale skin -lack of sunlight- and a fashion sense that seemed to be stuck in Japan's early 90s, where the more gothic lines burst into the mainstream before quickly retreating back to a more niche crowd, yes...

"Oh, you're here, huh? Guess that explains the sudden property damage."

...It's Ada Stone.

A certain, adopted little sister of yours.

The only squire insane enough to say "put me with Merlin" three months into their training, a social recluse who sends the occasional song your way from time to time, while apparently making some sort of "deal" with Merlin so that she could live here with her inside of the tower as a sort of free loader...

Or well, she'd have to be a free loader, considering she doesn't appear to ever leave the Tower -to the point where only a few know she exists at all- yeah...

Ada Stone...

That was definitely her name, right...? Of course...

More distressing than that, is her attitude towards her older brother -you- is more than a little bit scathing-!

"Go away. Noise follows you too easily."

Like this for instance-!

What kind of little sister tells you to go away immediately?!
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Junes ~ Rooftop
    ??? - Morning

My heart’s pounding. So loud I can’t hear. My skin, my lungs, my body—burning in rebellion from the price of Galeforce, but it’s merely background noise. The price to excel comes at a cost and I will pay it every time. No, what’s getting to me is the emotion rising to the surface of my mind, drowning out everything else.

“Not enough…”

Even after all of that… our opponent still hasn’t been scratched. It doesn’t matter if raw strength isn’t my forte. That was close to as possible to full throttle, and yet it was barely anything at all. But if she thinks I’m only capable of something passable, I’ll shatter her expectations. I have to.

If I can’t even dent my opponent here, I’m a sorry excuse for a Knight.

Aster slips into my hands, called by the threads of magic.

You’re such an idiot.

Aster, let’s just—

Rush forward? And do what, get yourself smashed into the ground? For once in your life, listen to me and take it slow. Your body can’t take it right now, she doesn’t look like she has any intention of bailing, and you need to stall for your dumbass plan that I know you came up with.

Aren’t you just passive-aggressively telling me it’s a bad idea?!

It is, but you’re going to do it anyway, so you can at least listen to me and not fuck yourself up before you have the chance to do it.

A sigh escapes my lips. That’s true. Moving forward like this is nothing but reckless. Have to put the brakes on things, mostly my emotions, to win the battle. Even if I need a breather, if just for a moment, I still have to keep up the pressure. It doesn’t matter if the previous exchange didn’t work out at all. If Tsukiko and I ever stopped—that’s a failure in its own right.

Heroes can never give up, after all.

“Garudyne!”

-----

Auto-Skill: Double Lion (Physical strikes hit twice)
    Casted: Return, Garudyne
    Heat: 0/6 -> 5/6
    Spells: Galeforce, Excalibur, Light Brand, Glimmer, Garu line, Aura Shield, Phantasm Step, Return
    Last edited by Katie; February 7th, 2020 at 09:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Aoyama, Lakeside (Ship Interior)
    ??? - Morning

"..."

---It would have been easier, perhaps, if you had simply let her play it off.

These sorts of expressions were out of character for her and she knew it, it was the sort of thing she lived to deny, she liked being cheerful and fun, the excitable big sister that made the day brighter for everyone else. It was easier to live life in that way, brooding never gets anyone anywhere, and she had lived under that philosophy for a number of years now, determined to not let a single bad incident tear down "who she was" as a person, but...

But...

But...

Sometimes, she falters, even if only for a moment.

Normally no one sees, even if they do, it's the sort of thing she fixes in a fraction of a second, because she herself hates this weaker expression on her face, but this time, this time, this time...

Someone saw.

...And they're not letting it go.

It's a fleeting feeling, nothing to get too worked up about; her philosophy was to just live and enjoy life as it comes, but...

That'll be an answer this girl won't accept, thus...

"...Hehe... I suppose you're right-!"

There's nothing for it but to give something away, even if only just a bit...

"It's not that big a deal, even I have some mood swings from time to time~"

Smiling still, even though it hasn't fully recovered, she reaches up to her jacket and...

Unbuttons it... From there...

Wait?

What?

The jacket falls away, and soon enough, she's unbuttoning a dress shirt too without bothering to explain anything at all... In that regard it's a bit awkward for you perhaps, but she doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by it, and...

When the shirt is gone too, she turns -away from you- to reveal her back and-

Ah.

There's a scar there, right beneath where the heart should be, it's not large like a slash, but small, like the remains of a puncture wound, like she had been stabbed in the back at some point, and...

"Had a bit of an accident once myself, so seeing it on someone else... Well, it brings back bad memories I guess, ha?"

...Normally, it would be fine to leave it at that, but...

---This is a girl that walks off shattered arms and legs like it's no big deal, not to mention scarring was rare with current magitech, so whatever had actually left a mark on her, must've been...

Pretty powerful...

In other words...

Unlikely to be an "accident."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    ??? - Morning

It's been a strange morning. From laughter, to fear, determination, and now... a feeling for which a name does not easily come.

Here, in the belly of a strange ship, time continues to march on.

As Lexie Davis bares her back - and just a tiny bit of her soul - to her friend, Mokujima Chris responds in the worst way possible.

Silence.

She says nothing. She can say nothing. How could she, when even on a good day just speaking normally is already a struggle? Here, now, when a simple kind gesture is all Lexie Davis needs... such a thing is nowhere to be found. Not even a silly joke or awkward comment to lighten the mood. Absolutely nothing.

As if to compound that sin further, Chris reaches out, her finger nearly close enough to brush against the long-healed scar, and... withdraws her hand without making contact.

"...it's not as bad as it looks," she instead murmurs, eyes shifting back to the unconscious android. At a time like this... is she running away? The determination that had driven her forward has collapsed in on itself, leaving a pit in her stomach. She cannot even muster the strength to apologize. "The damage... can be fixed."

Yes. Pretend nothing happened. Ignore it. That's the best way. Like this, Lexie can also pretend nothing's wrong and they can both move on.

"The wound... I mean, the accident... left something behind, wearing that girl down... so I wanted to, ah, make contact, try and help, but..."

Furtive, eyes down, looking away. It is, indeed, an absolutely pathetic sight, a far cry from the girl that was willing to throw away an arm for a complete stranger just moments before.

"...she ended up helping me instead. That girl... her soul really wants to live. She's... she's been doing her best this whole time. Yeah, she's... honestly, a really amazing person."

As is, Chris' story is a disservice to itself, and to the mysterious android's struggle. Hiding behind a sleeping girl... yes, this may be one of the rare true sides of Mokujima Chris that not even Lexie has seen. A rather ugly side, at that. The sort of ugly side that anyone would be, should be ashamed to show another person.

"Anyway, um, she's fine now... and the situation isn't at risk of worsening... but..."

So, why is that pathetic woman still talking?

"...something like that won't close up properly if it's left alone, Lexie."

She meets her friend's eyes.

It should be obvious who Chris is actually talking about.

"Even if it heals on its own, when you leave the wounds on the inside untreated... they'll turn into scars of the heart."

A pin-point strike from behind, aiming for the heart, with enough power to leave a scar. Lexie Davis would never allow an enemy to get close enough to deliver such a thing, nor would she run away and turn her back, so the only possibility is... someone who was already close... around which her guard had not been raised, because she had no reason to be cautious... because... they were 'trusted'...

"...well. If it's not too painful, we can try. B-but if it is, then... it's fine to wait! Really!"

In typical Chris fashion, of course, the metaphor has started falling apart. Seeing it collapse around her, she starts stammering as she tries to pick up the pieces. Seizing Lexie's hand in both of her own, the new strange glowing sigil prominent atop, she squeezes tightly, as if to scare away the girl's bad memories.

"'Cus we'll be there when she's ready, right?"

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    ???

“I like… everything. There is a peace to the life that has been gifted to me. I treasure that. I think Tsubaki does too… but it’s because I love it that I feel unnerved. Like it will not…” unexpectedly, the answers came out in a flood rather than a trickle. Every word felt like not enough, and the girl kept letting it out. The feeling that something should be restrained never gave her pause. Only the uncertainty she had for her own feelings ever slowed her. “Will not, cannot, last. Because I am young, I can feel it. This world, it’s also young. And the young… we mature.”

The normal smile had left her. A great distance opened between her eyes and reality, and the doors to her heart hung ajar.

“But I don’t know if I want that. Isn’t it what I want, to protect the peace that I know now? If it changes, will I want to protect it? What if, without me realizing, the world changes too much for me to recognize? What if the one that changes is me?”

For a moment she stared at the crystal table, her reflection staring right back. Glistening ruby eyes looked upon her without expression, and in the void that she projected she suddenly became self-aware enough to realize that she had stopped talking entirely.

“Sorry, I got a little sidetracked. Yes, I like my home. I love it.” She scratched the back of her head. “But, for the other question…”

She glanced to and fro. From crystal to crystal she searched for an answer to the enigmatic inquiry.

“I…” her mouth opened without her consent, “don’t think so…”

Words she wasn’t sure of simply left her lips. Like the doves would escape from their birdcage if the latch was undone. Those words were simply being spoken, as the birds were merely flying, as they ought to do.

“You seem more…”

Her eyes finally returned to the Man of Light.

“Personal.”

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Aoyama, Tokyo (F-Zero Course)
    ???

"Someone else? Got it-!"

---While she had initially intended on approaching the Tower as well, ultimately the red-head seems to come to the conclusion that your idea might be the better one; not just because the idea of someone being stranded inside of this place somehow was a dangerous one that needs to be checked up on, but because of the possibility that that person themselves -who doesn't seem to be in any hurry judging by how their signature isn't moving anymore- might in fact be the one who had pulled the trigger on this Tower's sudden appearance...

In other words, it's an on-the-fly alliance made to crack down on two potential targets, thus-

You put her from your mind soon afterwards, leaving the problem in her hands; her attitude and general demeanor seemed to imply she was a Tamer, so it was a problem she should be able to handle for now-!

---Therefore, all focus can be put on the approaching Tower; more specifically, you put your magically enhanced eyes to use in attempting to figure out it's potentially new method of attack, and there are a few possibilities that can be noted or discarded right off the bat, namely:

1.) There doesn't seem to be anyone inhabitating the Tower, as far as you can see inside it, the Tower itself appears to be fully sentient on it's own; perfectly possible for a Demon.

2.) No obvious artillery batteries exist, but the 'blast' it had fired the last time had come from a glowing crimson stone inside the center of the tower that seems to be moving around a bit like some sort of giant eye, this 'eye' was shielded somewhat from direct hits by the wire framing around the tower, although shots on it from a distance definitely aren't impossible...

3.) It doesn't seem capable of movement, as while it clearly doesn't approve of the approaching vehicle, it also doesn't move to get away from it. There's no treads on the bottom, or horrific abomination-like legs, so unless it could pick itself up through some other sort of power, it was likely stuck where it is, but-

-unfortunately, it is almost impossible to tell what it means to do with the Spirit Power it is gathering until it already has enough to accomplish the phenomena, and when you do manage to glimpse it, recognize a certain sort of 'distortion' in the air that becomes the only clue as to what is actually happening here, it's...

Too late to stop it.

A Demon Summoning goes off completely unopposed by anyone, although the sheer speed with which it calculates and completes that Summoning is something to be admired-!

---What emerges from the ripples in the air, is something that can be vaguely recognized as a Giant Fly on a physical level, but that comes across as a "High-Class" Demon on a Spiritual Level, no... Not just that...

This pressure, and that appearance...

"Is that... Beelzebub?"

Lord of the Flies, and one of the Princes of Hell-!

---Naturally, an alarming appearance, especially because such powerful demons typically do not act against the Human World because of the level of response that would appear against them... It is not impossible of course, but it does strike you as strange, not just because the appearance of a "Tyrant" Level Demon was bizarre, but because such a being summoned implied someone held a contract with them, which considering the ego of such demons was...

Unlikely to say the least-!

But here it is, wings the size of your car pounding at the air as it makes an incomprehensible noise, eyes glazed over in a strange way as it's empty gaze lands on the car before it, one that has become parallel to the Tower as the road 'bends' itself to circle the tower repeatedly in a manner that seems almost purposeful, like some other 'force' was doing it's best to assist your approach to BABEL but...

Now flying in between you and it, massive crimson eyes blank but focused, the sound of a bizarre 'hum' coming from the Tower after it's summoning...

---Beelzebub throws something up from inside of itself.

Naturally, this is automatically gross, a spray of some green fluid -with round, egg like objects inside of it- that not only slams into the street before sticking like glue, but is only kept from touching the car by an instinctive barrier cast by Astra, one that serves as one layer of a dual defense that keeps the substance -whatever it was- from sticking to the car itself even as it drenches the road behind you, but-

Now there's two targets...!

With the more active of the two being the flying Demon, the question of which of the two to target first, or even if the two of you should split up and go after the both of them simultaneously...

As the one with the better reaction time between you and her, it might...

Be up to what you decide to do.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior, Why Must We Suffer So
    ??? ~ Morning

---An instinctive connection, like running into a self that had somehow escaped from the mirror.

It is those sorts of thoughts that spring to mind, an instinctive dislike of the person that has appeared in front of you, as if such an entity was a threat not because of the way they acted, but because their 'role' was similar to that of your own, so perhaps...

Perhaps...

It was like running into one's "self" from a different world?

Would one really like being able to encounter themselves? If someone was able to 'steal' one's place within the confines of reality, it would be 'you' right?

So perhaps it is something like that, a 'twisted' copy of oneself from beyond the looking glass? Of course, the world of the supernatural may or may not allow such things, alternate world theory is simply a theory after all, and thinking about it more with a fractured psyche, it probably doesn't matter what this person is, after all...

After all...

After all...

He is not real.

He is not really there.

Much like the cat creature, the feeling that he does not exist slowly rises to the surface, and yet-

He is still there, standing there, stepping forth as you step forth, perhaps dictated to do so by his role as a reflection?

Flames pour forth from clenched teeth, and the reality of this twisted world seems to distort before your eyes like an old CRT television showing the first signs of breakage; it is much like a burst of static, a stress on the world from your -righteous- existence that threatens to burn it all away...

Or something like that anyways, regardless, yes regardless...

Two youths step forth, each determined to remove the other one from 'their' path-!

Fists clenched, teeth grit, steps taken heroically and without hesitation; two fists rise in unison as each of you realize that the other will not relent, the instinctive response of a guardian that sees an assailant, and an assailant that has come into contact with the gate guard-!

Every reason to fight-!

Some legitimate, others quite petty-!

And-

-a single strike, meant to defeat an opponent in a single blow-!

From you to him, and from him to you-!

Only the victor will be allowed to stand, it will be settled just like that-!

Or at least...

At least...

---That is how things should go, in a more just reality.

However...

Your fist phases through his form harmlessly.

His fist phases through your body harmlessly.

It is not that you did something for this outcome to become the reality, but rather that this person was literally incapable of touching you anyway, after all-

-he is quite flat, and by that, it is quite literal.

Much like Kaguya he is a hologram, some form of ghost or artificial intelligence-?!

Of course, things would probably be fine if it was just this, after all, intangibility was a thing that could be challenged in other ways, but-

"NYAH-!

-just because he can't touch you, doesn't mean that someone else can't-!

An uppercut.

An uppercut from the screeching, cat-like entity from before-!

Blaise Pendragon is an aberration himself, at least as far as the Human World is concerned; his existence is one that is remarkably durable when it comes to defending against the material, physical things, like large rocks, cars, or unenchanted fists-!

To that end, an uppercut, even from this horror, should not be able to move your body, and yet-!

And yet-!

It moves.

It moves up and back, not because the blow is heavy, but because you instinctively feel that you should not let it touch you, and yet-

Touch you it does.

---A light scratch appears, but that's all...

Even so...

An intense feeling of revulsion from that fact -that it touched you- shoots down your spine...

Meanwhile...

"...The hell did you come out here for? This isn't the plan."

The holographic youth speaks to a celestial horror, one who had appeared out of nowhere in a clear attempt at sucker-punching the hell out of you, and-

"Your plan is boring-! The man behind the curtain decided to speed things up is all-! Ohohoho!"

-ah, it's awful.

It's still awful, a horrid cat queen straight from your nightmares...

---the other youth seems to agree, but that is neither here nor there...

"Besides, it is only natural for the final boss to appear early, nya! Crush those who dare oppose you before they get stronger, nyahaha!"

For you, it's awful, but for a certain friend of yours...

"...Ugly."

...Seeing it up close and personal now, really getting a good look at it for the first time...

"It's so... Ugly... Cute... Ah, the worst... It's really the worst..."

...Seems to have gone crazy, eyeing the cat-thing like she couldn't decide if she wanted to hug it like a plushie or snap it in half over her knee, and-

"NYA! An impossible bloodlust-?!"

-things fall apart even further.

But that is probably fine.

It is not real.

It can't be real.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Lydia Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR - Deck
    ??? - Night

"Oh well, since you won't be able to make Adala-chan smile, that simply means I won't acknowledge you as an equal-"
    "Ah? Well, she might smile when she knocks me off the ship... It'll be a bit of a wicked smile, but one all the same-!"

...What a bizarre mentor-student relationship.

Saying something like that with a smile, as if it was the most natural thing in the world -in spite of the bizarre implications- the woman does go out of her way to defend herself when you claim you can't knowledgeable her as an equal, showing an intimate understanding of Adala's thought processes all along the way...

Yes.

This person is probably someone Adala trusts, different from a friend perhaps, as mentors are known to take on more 'familial' roles when such figures are otherwise absent, but...

Listening to your boasts afterwards in relative silence -although beaming cheerfully when the 'Nee' is added before her name, the woman ultimately-

"So, my fellow Big Sis comrade, how to crack that stoic mask?"
    "Well, Adala-chan is a tsundere through and through, the type that proves it right after you call her that, you know?"

-answers somewhat unhelpfully -at least at first- before...

"So she's kind of weak to obvious signs of affection-! I normally swing by with like... Chocolate or flowers, or something... She's actually got pretty normal tastes beneath all the bravado! Bought her a necklace once that she doesn't know I know she still wears!"

Puffing out her chest at this...

She seems strangely proud of it...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Streets ~ Magatsu
    ??? - Dawn isn't Coming

---Thankfully, the sheer speeds the bike accelerates too makes your scream somewhat inaudible, buried beneath the ambient sounds of the roaring wind all around you, as an impromptu group rides atop a vehicle that was -now that you were atop it- surprisingly able to be used by an entire group of people...

Yes.

While it is certainly a motorcycle, it is one with a bizarre construction to it; it's large, a bit bigger than a car, and the seats and footrests had clearly been constructed with the idea that at least three or four people could sit astride it comfortably, without having to really cling to each other too tightly, but...

---Your arms will not cooperate with you, even after you make this discovery.

Yes.

There's a certain sense of terror that had found it's way into your heart, perhaps because, in spite of being superhuman, Tamers can still remember what it's like to be more fragile, more limited, thus, they are unable to completely banish the thought of "this is crazy" from going through their minds every once in awhile, thus...

Much like someone gripping the bar of a roller-coaster, you cling to the stomach of your 'sister' with a grip that would be difficult to relinquish even in death, screaming a scream of fright and embarrassment all the while as the other woman seems to chuckle at the response... It's a chuckle that would normally go unheard, but considering the strength of your grip, you are able to feel the -toned- muscles beneath your arm shift slightly with the laughter of a daredevil, and...

---It's unfair.

Different from you, who was short and petite, Alyx was...

Tall, well-developed, and muscular; not so much that she came across as overly bulky when looking at her, but enough that you were sure she had next to no fears of putting on a swimsuit at a beach-!

---It's unfair.

----It's unfair-!

Of course, the ability to have such thoughts...

Vanishes soon after the motorcycle's engine kicks into a higher gear at the same time as the wind tones down, suppressed -finally- by a pneumatic umbrella generated by the girl with the brown hair, who seems to do so through some aspect of the cards she was using as some sort of catalyst?

Yes.

Rather than driving directly atop the mud the girl is driving atop a series of rapidly circulating cards, giving the world around you the appearance of a "card storm" as they fly around with immaculate speed and precision, the road behind you vanishing just as fast as it is being reforged in front of you, providing a safe path through the world of mud and curses that is quite impressive, showing a degree of control over her weapon that could be at least called "admirable" if not "completely excessive," however...

---It doesn't seem to be a COMP.

Of course magical weapons besides COMPs do exist in the world, but...

They're a bit rarer to see nowadays, as COMPs typically outstrip all other forms of weaponry in terms of versatility; they might not be as capable in a single area as the weapons of old mythology such as Excalibur or Gungnir, but the versatility they provided, as well as the ability to constantly enhance them to the point where they just might reach the level of an Excalibur along with their other powers, well...

COMPs were the prime choice for the modern generation, still...

"Alright, we're getting close... So you two might want to hold on tight, this part is also pretty rocky-!

Regardless of what her weapon is, the girl's warning is one that appears only a second before things truly do get bumpy, as she pulls the figure of a 'gun' from the pockets of her jacket, and pulls the trigger as she raises it towards the sky.

Immediately, there's a feeling of an impact, like the bike had slammed into a wall, then-

-everything seems to fall apart-

-and break through to light.

---

Cosmos Fairchild
    Beach ~ Island
    ??? ~ ???

---When the shaking stops, and the world reforms itself, you find yourself in another unfamiliar place.

Namely, you're on the shore of a sandy beach, the sound of waves crashing against a much more normal shore -with blue waters under blue skies- as the oversized bike finally rolls to a stop, perfectly intact in spite of the 'crashing' sensation from before...

All around you... The world looks far more normal for the most part, there are trees and a road in the distance, signs of life and civilization atop what appears to be an island, although...

In the distance, reaching up towards the sky...

---Is a fountain of what seems to be white spiritual power, so dense that it's visible, and so heavy that you can feel it all around the area, saturating it all as a giant spell of unknown purpose, it's light spreading across the sky like the sky itself was made of glass, or was otherwise artificial in some way, like you had just appeared inside of the confines of some sort of "enclosed space," and...

"Okay... Sorry about all of that..."

Stepping off of the motorcycle along with the two of you, the brown-haired woman -one who was clearly a bit older than you now that you looked at her- stretches out her arms to the sky as if enjoying the warmth of a sun that doesn't actually seem to exist...

"It's always a bit rough hopping here from back there, but everyone looks okay."

Okay huh...?

You felt a bit sick, although Alyx is giggling as she gets off of the bike, as if it had all just been some sort of thrill ride for her, although she pulls herself back together again after a moment, only to crack and start doing it again...

"So... Introductions I suppose, then we can head into town... I'm sure you guys have questions about... All of that back there, right? So.."

Aware that such things are probably the most pressing concern, but wanting to do this meeting in a more correct way, the tall girl holds out her hand for you to shake, considering Alyx's giggles have yet to cease, and-

"Hi, my name's Aesop."

She smiles at you with this, and-
    Last edited by Airen; February 10th, 2020 at 12:39 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Junes ~ Rooftop
    ??? - Morning

---The overly cheerful demon is swallowed up by a tornado of razor winds.

A manifestation of storm, a conjured up phenomena that quickly goes from an invisible force of nature to something that can be gleaned with the eyes as ice, dust, and debris are pulled up into the maw of replicated nature, becoming a funnel of frozen razors that would certainly shred you to bits, if you were not the one that had called out into existence, the flow of your spiritual power becoming a burning -but bearable- sensation as spell is after spell is cast in rapid succession, all for the purposes of keeping your opponent from being able to switch to the offensive...!

Yes.

As long as you continue to attack her, it is likely that she will simply keep responding to those attacks on an individual basis... The demon seemed to be having a bit of fun with all of this, enough that it wasn't running away even though it's cloaking had been dispelled, and thus there was little worry of her simply escaping off into the day, even though such an outcome might be the one that is best for the both of you...

Yes.

At this point, the original point of this mission has become long lost to you.

You simply want to get a good hit in on your opponent, even if it is only a single one-!

And-!

Amidst the mouth of that tornado, next to the eye of a literal summoned storm, the demon holds her ground with crossed arms, resisting the natural disaster-like winds with what seems like little more than gritted teeth and good old fashioned muscle-!

---Was there something else?

It is difficult to say... At least, if nothing else, you were almost certain that she had used some form of magic to successfully repel you when you had used galeforce, but right now...

It seems to simply weather everything with it's body...

It's not that you hadn't hit it through it's Joker guise, but more like it was the sort that was so sturdy it could take blows that would rip a normal human to shreds as if they were little more than minor annoyances, and it seems that that absurd vitality extends to this tornado too, as when all calms down, when the winds slip away as your spirit power recedes, the demon is still standing there, some cuts on her face, limbs and clothes from the razor winds, but looking otherwise unphased as it locks eyes with you, and-

"...hah..."

-lets out a light sound, like she was blowing a puff of air in your direction, and immediately-

-you move back, back and away as what could only be called a "shotgun blast" of ice shoots out from the demon's mouth, as if it's lungs carried the very chill of the North Pole itself, and-!

-they shred right through your harmonizer, long painful gashes appearing on your legs as you draw your limbs closer to protect your core, but...

Rather than pursue you afterwards, as you had thought she might do, the demon had simply thrown out a hand in the aftermath, and-

"Alright Beaky, what's the game plan now? We weren't supposed to be seen-!"

-calling the sword to herself as she apparently asks for it's advice, while...

"..."

Eyes aflame with a sudden flare of anger at your attacker, but body purposefully motionless, Tsukiko...

Tsukiko is concentrating...

...seems to be following her own path towards a potential victory.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Lydia Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR - Deck
    ??? - Night

"Obvious signs of affection huh. Gotcha!"

Disregarding how her mentor teacher seemingly needs to buy off her student's anger every visit, Lydia instead focuses on the little tidbit of useful information. Seems she had gotten her hands on something interesting for later use. Ever the little schemer, readying her impish pranks.

While the realization of how screwed up this mentor student duo's relationship is with one another certainly arises, -isn't she just bribing Adala?- such thoughts naturally need not be spoken aloud.

"Alas, a wicked smile like that won't do.
    I wanted those two to be able to look back fondly, ending this night with a proper smile and a happy memory. I suppose they need more time to whittle down the walls they've built. Manifesting a pickaxe and a hard hat in her hands the big sister COMP continues.

"Luckily I was never one for subtleties. That cute faced stone wall is coming down one way or another! Seems I'll just have to make Lud say something outrageous!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig
    "Lydia... you are awake aren't you?"
    A look of sadness appears on Lydia's rather expressive face. Seems she enjoyed this little exchange regardless of the results. Or perhaps another one of her goals was to simply have a one on one with another existence like herself.

"Ah, seems I won't be able to pretend to be asleep any longer... Mhm! Can't be helped I guess, Byebye Alexia-Nee~!"

With a skip in her step Lydia returns to the sleeping body of her User. There's no real need for such an action of course, even now Lydia is operating in both the dream world as the real world, but she places great meaning in the actions of others as well as of herself. Almost comically she spins around just before her little brother making an exaggerated pondering face.

"Oh right, I do believe we have you to thank for reminding Adala-chan to be a bit more familial. Perhaps you can be redeemed after all~. Now~, before I go."

Her final question awaits.

"Do you want me to spare you from that punch in the face?"

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    ??? - Morning

"..."

Lexie blinks as a metaphor falls to pieces.

It is not something you are particularly good at, from the start, communicating with others -especially over something as serious as this- is an area in which Mokujima Chris undoubtedly struggles... Unable to even address the issue directly, instead using the pain of another person as a shield in which to circle around what you are actually saying, it's certainly an attempt that your own self labels as pathetic...

Even so...

Even as a metaphor falls to pieces, as her hand is squeezed, and your more earnest flustered emotions appear, Lexie, who had always made it a point to listen to the end, but that had seemed strangely 'vulnerable' for a few moments in spite of that, showing you just a bit of her soul she had clearly kept locked away, she...

"Hah..."

...Chuckles, just a bit at first, and then with a lot more sincerity after a moment, because-

"Who's trying to get the yuri flags with who now?"

-that's just like you to do, a fumbling, fragile, messy argument that was nevertheless earnest, almost desperately so...

It's not graceful at all, but the honesty in it might just make up for it, indeed, seeing her joke around again...

That smile is back to it's usual honest self.

"I appreciate the offer, but let's wait a bit, okay? Winking once, the woman moves to grab her discarded shirt with one hand, "Can't give away too many points in one scene, you know?"

Another laugh, and...

"If you... Still want to hear about it then, of course."

A bit of an unspoken promise, right now is too early...

It's too early, but...

Later on...

Sure.

And after waiting for your response there, she...

"Besides, we should get this one back to base~"

Just motions to the girl, and smiles...

Not to herself.

But to you, and-

"I'll carry her in my arms, and you can ride on my back~ But watch the hands okay? No roaming hands just cuz I took my shirt off once, ok~"

-yep.

Says something like that without flinching...

That's...

The usual Lexie for you.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    ???

"...Everything changes eventually, but that change is not always for the worse."

---Ultimately, this person accepts even your own capacity to ramble on a bit, to open up your heart and reveal it's thoughts to someone that you instinctively know will listen, even if it shows doubts that you would not share with anyone else...

"The peace you love may disappear, or perhaps it will intensify and become more complete? Perhaps something entirely new will happen? The world is much like a pendulum in that regard, always moving, swinging in one direction or the other to various degrees... But if there are things you value, then the answer is simply to protect them, follow your heart I suppose, even if that too changes."

...Because this person too had a tendency to ramble, yes, even back then he had talked a bit like this, going off on his own tangents from time to time, much more awkward socially than he was with a blade in hand, and-

and-

and-

-those sorts of thoughts end soon after they appear, as thoughts are wont to do, and by that time, he is already commenting on your second answer, namely:

"More personal, you say?"

A light sound, like that of a chuckle, then...

"Yes, I suppose I am... Rather than looking far ahead into the distance, I've taken some time to pay attention to what's going on around me... More personal, yes... I suppose that's a good thing."

These mutterings are more bizarre, like a man talking as if he doesn't quite know himself entirely, but...

"I hope it stays that way... I like the way I am now."

Linking this question with the last for just a moment, he...

"Thank you for your answers, Hyakka Onjouji... Now, it seems it is time for you to awaken."

...speaks these words with a sort of finality.

The finality of one who has realized this dream will come to an end soon, or perhaps one who is being taxed by keeping this sort of dream going?

Yes.

This meeting was not done by you, rather...

He had pulled you here with his own power to shield you, and-

"The next time we meet... I suppose a walk in the gardens would be fine? You can tell me more then, I will happily listen to any problems you might have..."

-that same warm power lets you go without incident.

Different from a nightmare.

...A dream that a part of you is loathe to wake up from, the part of yourself that is silent and intangible, the forgotten past that still exists deep inside of your heart...

---

Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    Kayo's Room ~ Night

"Sensei, she's awake! Hyakka chan, are you alright? What horrible specter of the school did you see?"

---When you finally come to from your impromptu nap, it's atop a bed made entirely of oak desks with Nanaya-senpai clasping your hands, the makeshift recovery bed cobbled together into a surface that couldn't exactly be called 'comfortable,' but would at least be good for the alignment of your spine-!

...Even if not so much your head-!

"Of course she's alright, I told you, it was a symptom of a panic attack; physically she was fine."

And nearby, looking over you with some vague interest is the teacher from before, who after giving you a once-over health check with her eyes, simply nods once at you before sitting down at her desk again, hands rising to flip through some more paperwork, before...

"Although... Are you sure you want to invite her into the occult club? I don't think it would be very good for Onjouji's health to lose consciousness every couple of days..."

...giving away the plan of a certain question-asking senpai unceremoniously...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    ??? - Morning

"I-I..."

A stutter. Mokujima Chris stops, tries to get going, trips over herself, and then...

"I wasn't trying to get any yuri points or anything-!"

Protests louder than she has yelled thus far. But this time it's not her own fault. No, rather, she was just blinded for a moment by the radiance of a smile she had once taken for granted.

"And! Um! Even if it doesn't look like it, I know how to be the reliable type too, so-!"

It goes unsaid, but in this case, those unspoken words do not need to be spoken: So, feel free to lean on me some more.

Chris casts one last look around the strange space they've found themselves in. There are too many unanswered questions to just leave it alone, but the girl in Lexie's arms takes priority over all of it. The moment they're back home, doubtlessly the appropriate measures will be taken to ensure this place is secured. But, until then...

Mokujima Chris wraps her arms around Lexie's waist, making sure to keep her hands away from any place that might be construed as questionable.

"...see you soon."

The mystery of Ruina, the laptop, the strange radio, the video, Sakurako's lingering presence, and this strange, wonderful morning... she whispers goodbye to all of it, and promises to return.

Blog Entries
    Lydia Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR - Deck
    ??? - Night

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia
    "Do you want me to spare you from that punch in the face?"
    "...Not at all."

A strange response.

One made with a smile that is almost incomprehensibly gentle, different from the teasing, almost wacky persona that had appeared before, it is the glimpse of some other truth that can only be seen right as the world shifts, as if the person in question had held onto some part of her deeper self until the very end, or perhaps, simply felt like exposing some other truth of her soul to a 'similar' existence...

"That is how Adala-chan and I are connected, from the very start, through fighting... It might seem bizarre, but this is just how it's always been for us."

Demon Summoner.

In the old age, a solitary profession, or rather, one that was kept exclusively within particular families of humans; bearing the burden of protecting humanity from threats against which they were helpless, they bore the burden of countless lives, and thus could not afford to be weak or make mistakes, therefore...

---The training was probably brutal, and it had likely been under circumstances that would have seemed "odd" to the people of the current age; even so...

"If she wants to punch me, that is fine; the fact that she can do it is proof that I raised a strong one. If I become the "villain" they defeat, and thus the one they bond over tonight, that is also fine."

A brilliant smile.

---This side, yes...

---This side was much more fitting to be an "onee-san," or perhaps a trickster parent, but-

"But yes... It can't be helped, farewell little one."

-just like that, your ability to 'gaze' outside of the world of the dream...

Disappears into nothing...

---Atop a ship, a woman stands alone, far more ancient than her appearance would suggest.

Taking in a deep breath as she gazes at the distant moon, a steadfast companion, she closes her eyes, sighs to herself...

And waits quietly.

Like a shadow in the night.

Just like always.

The world keeps spinning on and on and on...

---Even so, it's never boring.

That much is certain.

(BGM Off)

----

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Depths of a Dream
    ??? - Night

---Forests give way to mountains.

It's a determined walk through winter's night, frigid air and darkened skies, the unsettling scenery of the world beneath the moon, where the power of the supernatural grows, and things that are said to be sealed come loose from their containers; it's a walk that does little to bother Adala, there are no fears of wandering shadows or myths, for she is going to confront a myth herself of her own volition, and intends to defeat it with her own hands...

Is it arrogance?

It's hard to say.

As for you...

---It is a bit more nerve wracking, after all, while a Tamer should not fear the Gods, to fight such a being -even if much of their power is lost- would be a grand test for one's power as a Tamer, a sign that one has truly stepped into "that world," yes...

It's a bit stressful, especially because you do not wish to embarrass yourself in front of Adala -who might come to remember this dream later on- and yet...

And yet...

And yet...

As your thoughts struggle with themselves, the world becomes more and more hostile as the supernatural begins to take over the natural...

---The air becomes heavy.

The cause is excessive reiki, pulled from it's human hosts to saturate the air as those consuming it do so slowly... There is always ambient spiritual power in the air of course, especially in places with some notable connection to death or the Soul Sea, but this... Is artificial, no, it's...

The breath of something that drains this substance of others.

---Deep, massive breaths, like those of a gargantuan creature from the original age of Magic.

The feeling of Reiki appears before those breaths, but those breaths appear as a mighty wind all the same as the ultimate heir of the Lagerkvist steps forward without fear, the road ahead becoming a bridge of ice -with trees far below on either side- as the one that you had hoped would not be here makes it's presence known atop a mountain... It's form is not quite so big as to literally swallow the sun or the moon, but what one can see resting on the mountainside...

---Is a wolf of impossible size.

It's breathing is a gale-storm, and it's breath is magical energy, demonic energy, the converted power of humans erupting as a different feeling power, like a thin crimson mist, mixing in with the wind as a striking contrast, like a line of blood through a world that was otherwise pure white, and-!

"Humans. Leave this place."

It's voice shakes the entire area, shakes your bones, and in response to that voice, that command...

"...Wow, you really are quite the big dog."

...The younger form of your aunt.

Makes a remark that can only be called "arrogant-!"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Beach ~ Island
    ??? ~ ???

"That... that was amazing! The way you used the cards as a road and shield... I don't think I've ever seen someone mastered their weapon to that extent, it was truly a sight to behold! Your driving skill too! I can't thank you enough for saving us miss!"

While Sariel was busy gushing on the girl after getting off the motorcycle, Cosmos swayed on her feet before finally dropping to her knees, taking deep breaths to calm herself down and relieve the nausea she started to feel while her face is burning from embarrassment - which is only compounded by the sound of Alyx giggling. 'Stupid... stupid Cosmos! Why do you keep embarrassing yourself, and in front of Alyx of all people! At this rate, everyone will threat you like a child, and call Alyx the older sister instead...'

'To be honest, I think everyone already think so.'

Not being in the best condition to retort back, Cosmos opted to silently accept her COMP's observation, focusing on the scent of salt in the air and the soft ground beneath her hand and feet--

Cosmos blinked.

It's sand.

Come to think of it, she could hear the sound of waves... which is obvious, as when she turned her gaze, she could see the sea. Then the salty scent must be the so-called scent of the ocean, and with the sand...

'This... this is a beach.'

This is the first time she went to one - at least as far as she can remember - and for a few seconds Cosmos just sat on her knees, mesmerized by the sight before her while subconsciously she could feel Illia noting down all that she could see and feel. She could catch a few of her COMP's musing, such as 'The fountain of spiritual power that covers the whole island might fulfill the same basic function to that of a harmonizer tower, though it is impossible to say for certain at the moment,' and 'This might have confirmed the theory we made a few days ago.'

Meanwhile, Alyx still doesn't seem to stop giggling anytime soon, which irritates and embarrass her at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious lady
    "Okay... Sorry about all of that... It's always a bit rough hopping here from back there, but everyone looks okay."
    Cosmos' ears perked up at the mention of hopping, and the memory of diving into the fountain for the second time before resurfacing in a Vatican that is swallowed by curses came back to her mind; the encounter with a certain lady messiah and her bunny-eared friends followed soon after. With them seemingly 'hopping' to a relatively 'normal' world now...

Perhaps the theory she and Illia made after their research a few days ago were correct after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesop
    "So... Introductions I suppose, then we can head into town... I'm sure you guys have questions about... All of that back there, right? So... Hi, my name's Aesop."
    "Ah... I'm Cosmos Fairchild." She replied, standing up and shaking the girl's hand with a small smile after making sure that all traces of sand is gone from her hands. "The blonde angel is Sariel, and the girl who doesn't know manners and keep on giggling to herself even now is my sister, Alyx Kingsleigh. Thank you for saving us from certain doom, Miss Aesop." She finished with a bow to show her gratitude.

Cosmos isn't sure, but could the girl be feeling a bit... awkward? At least that's the impression that she got, which if true, she understands; after all, she isn't the most sociable person either, and knows too well how hard it is to actually start a conversation with a stranger. That's why she's trying her best to keep the conversation going to help reduce the awkwardness.

And as if on cue, her stomach suddenly growls in hunger.

"... Um," Cosmos began, looking at Aesop in embarrassment while she could feel heat rushing to her cheeks. "This is... we went before dawn on the mission, so I didn't have a nice breakfast beforehand... I-I suppose all the fighting makes me... Hauuuuu~"

She couldn't finish it! At this point, Cosmos wanted nothing more than to suddenly disappear beneath the sand to hide from all this embarrassing moments... and she might be imagining things, but Alyx's giggling seems to have gotten louder...

Thankfully Sariel, bless her kind soul, intervened. "Maybe we could continue the conversation in a cafe? It will be more comfortable that way, especially if the discussion will be long! I'm sure we're all starving too!" The angel suggested while hugging her from behind in a comforting gesture; she really is her personal guardian angel. "Oh, but is it okay for me to tag along? If an angel coming to a cafe is too weird, I'll understand..."

"I'm sure it's okay." Cosmos reassured Sariel before she could lapse into her habit of rather low self-esteem - besides, she doesn't get to have tea with Sariel often, and dismissing her now is just cruel - before looking at Aesop. "Um... It's okay, right? And if you agree, then you could lead the way, Miss Aesop."
    Last edited by palad1n; February 11th, 2020 at 05:44 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Interlude
    Mokujima Chris & Lexie Davis & ???
    "Ruina, Ruina"

---The girls leave with a laugh, in spite of -or perhaps because of- the emotions that had been stirred up inside of the ship. The realization of a smile that might be more fragile than others realize, the glimmering hope that was a life left intact -saved from the darkness- and even another girl's attempts at being more obviously reliable for others, a good story, a good scene, enjoyable to watch, the strengthening of old friendships, and the potential to create new ones, yes...

It's interesting.

A good story.

Fun to watch.

---The figure that had been doing just that, watching, watching quietly from inside of the ship, a sealed off room, slinks out like a shadow to watch them depart, unnoticed by anyone or anything; it's figure is like that of a shadow, it is poorly defined because it could be anything or anyone, it could be someone short or someone tall, someone male or someone female, someone human, or something that can only exist in nightmares, whatever it is-

-it watches.

------just like always it watches.

---Interesting.

------how interesting indeed, to see this sort of thing happen again, it had been a long time right?

Brave kids.

Peering into the darkness to see what is inside, but that is a contradiction; the darkness is dark for a reason, it is where light is not, naturally, yes, it is only natural to not be able to see someone hiding in the dark.

Yes.

That's natural right?

The figure grins, it grins and grins and grins...

---In the dark, where a girl had fallen, always right behind, just a foot or so back, no breathing, just watching...

-----Watching.

-----Always watching.

Well, even if she had turned around, even if she could see in the dark, she wouldn't have been able to see it's face.

After all, it is wearing a mask.

It grins.

By the door, watching others go, it grins as it slips out into the morning sun, grins even in a land that rejects it's very existence, it grins even as it moves, away from a silent lake and imbued madness, away from the gaze of Mokujima Chris, who perhaps turns back on a whim to look behind her, to see what might have been there but will now disappear as it must...

Yes.

It will vanish.

This city is a pain, it is too lively, too cheerful, and the people that live here are all too troublesome, too troublesome to risk being caught by if they come back; for now, it will go someplace quieter, someplace where it can -simply watch- in peace, watch and watch and watch and learn and learn and learn and find and find and find...

"Where did she go?"

It wonders this aloud to itself.

No one hears.

No one can hear.

---Even so, it will not leave until they do.

It watches, watches them disappear into the distance, and it grins the same grin as always.

"Ruina~ Ruina~"

When they're gone, it sings.

It sings a song, as it is wont to do.

"Why~ did~ you~ leave~ us~"

Quietly...

Quietly...

"Lady Sakura~"

Something disappears.

---It never comes back.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Merlin's Tower ~ Living Room

“Well now...Erna Seyfarth." Raz said, grinning. The expression was not a friendly one. Not seductive, nor charming. At best it could be described as...honest. For someone so experienced in stagecraft and the theatric, raz always put a certain amount of conscious thought into how he presented himself, and certainly that included his facial expressions. But now...even the most suspicious and paranoid would see that there was no filter now between his mind and his lips.

Honest was the best and kindest description of what adorned those lips. Another way to look at them? Humorless. Cold.

...Threatening.

Without the DTG Raz’s power was less than half of what it should’ve been. No that was wildly optimistic it wasn’t even a quarter of what it could be. Without his stage is well? Hell, It would probably still be optimistic to describe him at 10%.

And yet...He was still a tamer. Certainty the maiden of shadows was no fool. That was a mistake people often made about knights. They assumed that chivalry was synonymous with naivety. That honor was the same as hubris.

This was not so. Raz did not glorify in hopeless battle. He values that which could be triumphed over. A challenge to overcome.

...A tale worth the telling.

”Well now...Erna Sayworth...” Raz said again.

“It seems you we’re wrong after all. After all...you are certainly the type to be serenaded.” as Raz said that, he hunched over just slightly, loosening his muscles while tightening his core, one hand resting centimeters above the hilt of Lied Ortus.

In response, her magic began to build and swell, a crescendo of a different sort, yet oddly similar to his own song craft. Magic that built upon itself, swirled and roiled until it was almost alive. Magic greater perhaps, then even a knight could possess, never mind that Raz currently had no magic beyond the Song of Sunrise.

Whether he drew his golden blade or light, or she unleashed her magic...He knew...and she knew... that a duel of knights would begin.

And in truth, likely it wouldn’t stop until one was dead.

Well. That could happen or...

The explosion that roiled the castle once again reminded Raz just how annoying it was to be without his improved senses. He was used to enhanced field awareness. Having a critical half second to respond while others were still jerking in surprise. Now, he hadn’t known his own damn stage was about to cause property damage on a scale that usually involved the words “indentured servitude” to pay for.

So many things happened all at once. His opponent vanished into thin air.

His unofficial protege was currently trying to hide behind a rapidly dissolving cloud of dust. She really shouldn’t have worried. Raz would take any and all responsibility for her actions. That’s what it meant to be a knight overlooking a squire.

Cross may not have been his squire specifically, but far as Raz Stone was concerned, their wasn’t even one squire who was not also his cute subordinate.

Serena also appeared. She appeared to be posing for a yuri domme doujin. Related to such, Raz was sure Merlin was grabbing a few indecent handfuls of flesh while they rolled around. But far more importantly...

All of a sudden, Raz has to blink away several times due to a mountain of dust irritating his cornea. Not entirely unexpected when one factored in the very recent explosion.

Ada. Right. Ada is here.

Seeing her brought forward a lifetime of memories with unusual clarity.

He remembered patching up another hole in a wall. Then much smaller then the current one he faced. His father Gerald, after one to many cups of eggnog, squeezing his wife’s ass, only for her to casually backhand him through the wall of the living room. Raz had joined his father in repairing it. It had been...a quiet moment of male bonding right...? He remembered his father saying “between you and me, the best woman is one who causes even more pain with her absense then she does with her presence.” And then winking cheekily.

...No...that wasn’t right.

...Because he also remembered Ada helping him mix some paint and stating
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_omsq1h2f7V1r0kdoeo2_r8_500.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	14218
    “Yeah, well the best man shuts the hell up and gets back to work.”

Other memories also seemed to rise unbidden. His first fight with her, and a tearful apology.

Singing her to slumber one night, when struck by loneliness she had come to his room unable to sleep.

The first joyful moment when she had called him 'Big-Bro'. A frustrated sense of pride when she got older and stopped doing so. An encouraging, if sharp tongued letter she sent during his squirehood, before he had bonded with the DTG and most thought he would never be more then the most mediocre of warriors at best.

Her bored, disinterested expression at his knighting. That’s right, he had remembered merlin’s annoyed look of malaise when he took the paths, but right next to the mage of flowers had been the Raven Knight, one of the very few times she had braved the midday sun.

Raz would die a thousand deaths, would cut out his eardrums and bite off his tongue to live forever without song before admitting how proud he had been, how much it had meant to him for the ever reclusive shut in to have actually ventured under the open sky to see him graduate from his novitiate.

Ada stone was an existence that has vexed him when she was near and caused him to complain when she was far. If every squire was his cute subordinate, then Ada stone was his even cuter little sister.

...Wasn’t she?

Of course she was. I have always had a sibling.

Background check, Ada Stone.

...Really flatfoot, that’s the first thing you got to say?

Shut up and run the search.

Uh no, wait there, handily on for two shakes. You want a dossier on your own freak’n sister? You pop your craw kid?

Well, recently I was thrown headfirst at mock speeds through a magically reinforced stone wall.

Parameters. Ada Stone. Adopted at age 5, information on original family is restricted, suggesting some kind of military background. Raised through age 12 alongside her adopted parents and idiot brother. Excellent fencer but poor work ethic. Hates to lose at anything. Writes the only things you sing that don’t make me want to stab out my own ears.

More recently?

Been staying with Merlin for sometime now. Plays things bogart, stays under the radar. Supposedly makes a mint selling dialogue to that one game. The phone one with the slots. I gotchu or whatever.

Wait. What was that last part?

She supposedly contracted to write out some dialogue and a scenario. Something about you and a speedo. An image that haunts my nightmares and drives me to the speakeasy nightly, I might add.

...Did we ever see any money on that?

Went to your studio, they said it would pay down your mortgage on that ridiculous deathtrap you fly around on.

Right right, how we doing on our loan?

...You don't want to know kid.

...It was always when the DTG stopped being mocking and became genuinely sympathetic and commiserating that Raz knew how truly screwed he was.

She doesn’t get along well with Serena. Doesn't get along with anyone. ...well, except me of course. The old COMP finished cheekily.

Don't kid yourself. She just likes hearing you get on my case.

Play to what the audience wants Gumshoe! Isn’t that your motto?!

Raz wisely elected not to respond to that. Nope. Instead he had to do what he always had to do. A rule more ironclad and inviolate then the very laws he had sworn his life to upholding.

in furtherance of that ancient law, that incontrovertible truth, Raz raised his hand solemnly, as if about to offer an oath of fealty...

And dropped it right on his sister’s straight, black, slightly oily hair.

”Ada! Baby sister! The sun has returned to my life! Have you been eating well? Has Merlin treated you ok? Don’t forget what I told you, if she touches you big brother Raz will come running! Have you been exercising you never exercise enough did you get the box of valentines chocolates if not I can get more would you like roses and you should stop by for coffee I’ll make you some coffee and by the way when are you...”

...Ada Stone certainly knew that this would go for an intolerably long time of allowed to continue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Beach ~ Island
    ??? ~ ???

---Unintentional social maneuvering had made it impossible for her to refuse the request.

It is not just that the one asking is 'disarmingly' cute, like running into those rare sorts of people that automatically trigger the 'protective' instincts of those around them, but also because the request, to allow an angel to enter a cafe, is not one that this person can really reject without also rejecting her own self, even if only indirectly, yes...

---The people of this place might have something of an issue with things that are not human due to their history, due to this place's existence as a "last ditch" shelter for those who had nowhere else to go, but...

She allows it anyway, if things get strange, she will talk it out with the townsfolk, after all...

---She is a similar existence to that angel, or at least, that is what she feels...

Thus...

"Yeah let's get the kid to a cafe, she'll need the food to grow after all-!"

Doing your best to ignore Alyx's taunt at your expense, everyone simply...

Heads off into town.

---

Cosmos Fairchild
    Moon Under Water ~ Island
    World Designation: [Ragnarok Retrieval Committee]
    ??? ~ ???

---Naturally, the path taken to reach the cafe is one that differs greatly from the place you had just escaped, so much so that the raised guards lower completely, because there is clearly no need to be tense anymore.

There were people walking the streets of the island just fine, there were no shadows, no youkai crawling around in the distance hunting people down, and while there was little apparent magitech to be seen, the technology of the pre-magic world still seemed to be intact, although seeing so much of the old technologies in a single place was a bit surprising, still...

Your savior turned new-found guide, leads you to a place that is also shockingly normal; a cafe by the name of "Moon Under Water," an old-fashioned sort of place with clean granite table-tops and oak seating, filled with the sounds of ambient conversation as life plays out like normal, in spite of a constantly growing suspicion of yours that the island you were on was the 'entirety' of this 'world,' as if you had stumbled into one of the data simulations that were so common back in the world you knew, but...

"Go ahead and order what you want, it'll all go on my tab."

...Making a generous offer to you as she sits herself at one of the tables, the girl that had introduced herself as Aesop had been tapping at a phone-like device in her pocket the entire way here, and only now is returning her complete attention to the table...

"I've called someone else here to meet us, so don't be too shocked when she shows up, okay?"

Naturally, you were a bit too innocent to really be shocked by too much anyways-!

Still...

"French Toast huh... And like... Twenty-seven different kinds of juice...? I guess tropical fruits are more in supply on an island huh?"

Much like you, Alyx seems to simply be taking everything in stride; while her body hadn't betrayed her as blatantly as your own had, you still get the sense of a well-hidden hunger from her due to the speed with which she had grabbed one of the -huge- menus from the table, the impressive selection so obscene in it's number that you get the feeling it's the sort of store that serves pretty much anything, but...

Before anyone can really get to any explanations, or even order something from the menu...

"Ae-chan?"

---Someone enters the shop, calling out for your guide, and you turn automatically to see her.

The sight is shocking.

Not because she looks weird or anything, she seems to simply be a normal woman, but...

---It's a familiar looking woman, namely...

...In the sense that she looks just like Aesop does, or perhaps...

The resemblance is the other way around...?

Regardless it's a bit shocking, the sort of thing that puts the idea of "twins?" inside of your mind automatically, but as Aesop raises her hand with an "over here," and scoots over for the other woman to sit down next to her, the new one...

"Good work today!"

Says something like that, to which Aesop smiles and shrugs in the same motion, then-

"Although... You don't need to keep that form up while you're here..."

-the new one says something weird to the old one, who responds with-

"No, I do. The other appearance belongs to me and Master, when I'm under new employ, my form should change to reflect that as well so that I do not burden him."

-something that outs her as something non-human, or at least...

Something that can change her appearance at will...

There's a bit of whispered argument back and forth at this that you can't quite catch -although Alyx seems too- then...

The new one passes the old one a bottle of some golden liquid, before turning to face the two of you with a smile that feels sort of bizarre to see again so soon-!

"Sorry about all of that, Ae-chan can be a bit stubborn about some silly things-!"

So saying, the new one claps her hands together, and when she takes them apart...

A storm of balloons float out from the point of contact as she raises her hands in a blatant magic trick, casually scattering them harmlessly through the cafe-!

"Hello new friends~ Welcome to our island~! It doesn't have a name yet, but we're working on it-!"

---This one is a bit more sociable, or at least...

Her smiles seem a bit more natural than Aesop's, who has a naturally 'cooler' exterior to her...

"You can call me Risu! Chisana Risu is my full name, but surnames always feel a bit distant to me-!"

So saying...

Aesop grows silent as she instead starts to drink the honey-like golden liquid, and you...

Are left to respond to the bizarreness of the situation...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai