Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2345691454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Velvet Room ~ Stage
    Monday – Morning

"Of course. I help every guest to the best of my ability. You are the first guest I've gotten to greet completely by myself; that makes you special even amongst the other guests, so I'll do my best to be useful to you."

The moment your name is signed in full, the paper itself takes on a luminescent blue glow before beginning to fold itself from the bottom of the clipboard up, it's movements meticulous and precise as if some invisible hand was guiding it through the steps of a rather complex bit of origami... But soon enough, what's left hanging from the now barren clipboard is paper that has folded itself into the form of a key.

---Closer inspection reveals that it's surface feels metallic, and it's serrated edge seems to imply that it is some sort of skeleton key. Of course it is somewhat difficult for you to tell at a glance, after all, in the modern era most locks were of the electronic kind, opened and shut by either key-cards or COMP identification programs, but some people preferred the simpler times (or liked to have physical back-ups for worst case scenarios like the bedrooms back at the base) and it seems that this 'attendant' is one of those people...

"That is a Velvet Key. Specifically it is your Velvet Key. If you use it in any door with a keyhole in it the destination will change, and it will lead you back to this room. Upon leaving here through that route, you will return to both when and where you were; to make full use of our 'deal' I suggest you keep that key on your person at all times."

Like a flight attendant going through the rules, her speech in this instance is practiced and smooth, as if it was something she was used to explaining to others, and-

"If our contract is broken, the key will disappear. There is no direct punishment for violating the agreement beyond that, but I feel it is important to make these sorts of things clear to our guests. That one rule is all we ask our guests to keep, but it is one we take very seriously."

-With that, the more rehearsed air fades from her once more.

"Today's room is not quite ready for you, but the next time you come, both the Master and I should be here to greet you. At that time, I believe our services will become much more clear to you."

In other words, she needs a bit more time to prepare to 'assist' you on whatever your 'journey' was...

That part of the statement was one that she continued to remain vague about, but...

"But before I send you away so I can prepare... Do you believe in fortune telling? And if so... Would you like for me to tell yours?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    "Ultimately, I feel that I cannot trust most of them. There is a familial connection to be sure, they are certainly my kin, but their eagerness to claim the family legacy has caused them to taint themselves in a number of ways. They claim they wish to support me and help carry out the family duty, but I am more than certain they would plunge a knife in my back if given the chance.

"I cannot give them what they want; or rather, I suppose I should say I refuse to give them what they want in their current state. I will continue to do so perpetually, if I must."

"If that's an unfortunate answer in your eyes I apologize, but now that you're being used as their inheritor, these are the sorts of things you should know... My only advice is to do what you decide you want to do, rather than just doing whatever they tell you to do."

"That aside, the cooks seem to be showing off today. While I can appreciate generous meals, and it's certainly good for morale... I think fifteen waffles is a bit much for a single order, no?"

"Do you want half of mine?"
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR - Cafeteria
    Monday - Morning

"I'll gladly have half, Commander."

Without any unnecessary movements, my right hand moves to one of the waffles placed on top of a stack.
    One bite is enough to tell that they're expertly made. Soft and fluffy, yet surprisingly crispy in just the right way. All that's needed for an even better taste, would be something to function as a topping.

My mind however, is preoccupied with other thoughts than the deliciousness of the meal placed in between us.

How humorous, she tells me not to mindlessly take orders from the elders, while she herself expects a level of uncompromising obedience from her subordinates. I wonder if she herself is aware of that. Even if they're a branch family, some traits are alarmingly similar between them.

Still she's not wrong, the elders are far too secretive, their methods cruel. It wouldn't be surprising for them to be training new heirs at this very moment, while pushing me forward as for their goal.

"Thank you for the advice. You're not wrong, I don't really trust them myself. And worry not, I shall do my best to live life as I see fit to"

"However, their goals and ideals are something I too find worthy of pursuit. They have led me to this, awe-inspiring place, and I will continue to do my utmost to go as far as it takes to see that ideal realized."

Words of conviction, not a single lie or half truth was uttered. Not a hint of hostility or indifference, these words are delivered as calmly as Adala's own were.
    These are my real feelings on the matter, and not many things in this world are able to sway me from my course.

If there was anything, it'd have to be.... her...

Well, no point losing focus and lingering in the past, we're here now, the very SLEIPNIR ship that the Commander holds with such pride. That thought reminds me.

"There is something I wanted to ask of you, and considering the circumstances this might perhaps be the best situation for it."

"To me, the SLEIPNIR isn't just some price, some family legacy or some ship that's owed to anyone but the one most worthy of it. It is the ultimate training facility, a powerful weapon, a show of might and splendour, and a beacon of hope in desperate times.
    However you have been with this ship for far longer than anyone here, and have commanded it through many trying times."

"So, I was wondering, what is this ship, SLEIPNIR, to you, Comman---"

"That doesn't really feel right, does it? Only calling you by your rank as Commander while we're trying to be more familial with each other. Is there perhaps something you'd prefer to be called in situations like this, Commander?

Of course there's nothing else to call her normally, however, in times like these, perhaps a more friendly form of address can be established?

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Brewed Awakenings, Avalon Branch
    Monday - Morning

There were so many things to unpack, Raz didn't know where to start, mentally. First off was an almost reflexive distaste for the idea of an anti-press harmonix. Didn't matter what was the music, art was about putting your feelings out there. Self expression at its finest. A way to put your feelings and desires in a manner that gave others hope, joy, inspiration.

...but on the other hand, against that line of thinking was Raz's honor as a knight. If a warrior lost, he had a certain responsibility to listen to the victor. While he was not 100% certain that Cross actually had the harmonix she claimed, her actions up until that point actually suggested that she did. With that in mind, as Raz had been wrong about her having already exposed, you actually could make an argument that Raz owed her her something for that error.

Though perhaps, had she been given a chance to how she would like that debt to be paid, it was not inconceivable that she would have chosen a method that wasn't Raz reaching forward as she attempted to leave her chair, catching her by her collar in a manner that averted her forward motion so abruptly that both her legs flew out in front of her, quite erratically, and in such a disorganized fashion that had he not made a tossing motion that redirected her back into her chair she likely would have ended up face planting nose to floor in a reverse flip onto the ground.

At first glance, there were several puzzling parts to this action even ignoring motivation for a moment. First and foremost, Sara's speed did not lose to that of Raz. Sure he had training, but she had started moving before he had even thought to act. Considering that the two had roughly equal moving and reaction speeds, it should not have been possible for him to so easily pluck her out of the air. Secondly...

Raz was a singer, a bard. Though his knightly training meant he was no push over, when it came to Tamers his strength was also not especially noteworthy. Arresting so quickly and easily the maddened dash of another Tamer, even if it was a relatively light squire, might well have been outside his abilities.

...Though, a wary eye would note the presence of a subtle but visible multi-colored spectrum of colors surrounding Raz's hand, predominant of such was a vibrant green overlay covering the rest of the rainbow of light.

When he spoke through the magical computational field, his voice had a mildly sonorous, echoing quality. Considering who he was, this was likely intentional.

"Get me another cup while I am gone," Raz said rather conversationally to Sara, who was still in the grip of a twitch of surprise from her rapid shift in momentum immediately before. "Kona is always good."

Kona coffee was a well known crowd pleaser popular for its comforting flavor and top notch aroma. Kona beans were grown in rich volcanic soil and then starved of light by significant cloud cover. The decreased sun caused the beans to form slowly, allowing additional sugars to develop inside them that normally required much higher elevation. A rare cup that was (comparatively) cheap and yet had top grade flavor. Whether or not he legitimately had a craving for such or he was just being kind to the wallet of a junior knight, well, it was hard to say.

Seeing Sara's reaction would have to wait of course. Though he knew that her hair would be billowing around her face and attempting to follow the path of just about every lose napkin in the entire coffee shop as they were carried by his super human wake. Moving at speeds that could rival even a top grade Tamer, Raz actively had to manage waves of air around using the Hermes shades to avoid create a sonic boom with his moments. One of many advantages to owning such a high grade piece of equipment.

Speaking of quality equipment, at first glance, the probe that had overcome Sara's defenses appeared to be an impressive specimen. Even if she was just a squire, overcoming a military grade harmonix with the inverse matrices Raz assumed had been required was no joke. ...However, building something with that level of computational power had apparently resulted in some sacrifices being made elsewhere. Sara herself might have been able to catch it before it made its escape, it wasn't especially quick.

Presumably this was because it was supposed to...

Jam any signals it sends, I want both shortwave and longwave communications blocked on that thing. Boost the power, if it can break a harmonix, it presumably will try to break a hack. Most of the time Raz preferred to speak vocally to the DTG, but sometimes the efficiency and immediacy of a telepathic message made auditory communication inefficient.

Go teach your grandmother to suck eggs flatfoot, I have been clipping his phone lines since it started taking pictures. Raz's AI shot back through the link created by the plume of dusk.

...What, really? you knew I would decide I owed her one for being wrong? That legitimately surprised Raz.

Hell no, I just assumed you would take whatever mental gymnastics were needed that let you show off to a skirt and acted accordingly. Raz could almost feel the sarcastically raised middle finger. STill, the DTG was diligent in carryiing out his request, so there wasnt room to complain.

Well, without an ability to broadcast, the standard response would be to book it. And to its credit, the probe made a valient attempt. However, when it hovered higher in attempt to avoid Raz's closing dash, it inadvertently played into his hands.

...Perhaps it had assumed that like most COMP users, Raz would be trying to catch it by use of Phantasm Step or one of its close variants. A reasonable guess, accept Raz had no such spell. Raz had always held a certain amount of dislike for such abilities and thus had never learned one. They were quite useful, but Raz found their predictability and inherent flaws to b e to great of tradeoffs. Now when with the right mix of spell work, one could act without them with nearly equal speed and far greater alacrity and reactionary ability.

So instead of flickering higher and allowing Raz to bull rush by and perhaps buy itself a critical moment to escape or try to break through the DTG's hack and transmit data, all it really did was raise it out of the way of passerby whom Raz had been working to avoid smashing into in his brief pursuit. He responded immediately by leaping off a nearby light post and brushing the probe's spherical shell. Though it was merely a touch, sheer force transmitted through this shape led the probe to veer off into a careening spin as its thrust was suddenly employed in multiple directions. The onboard computer system showed admirable response time, correcting the flight path in nanoseconds.....but the brief delay allowed Raz enough time to catch himself on the side of a two story store, collect himself, and push off with purpose towards his target.

Though Raz was moving far quicker then the naked eye could follow, there was a way to follow what happened next. Raz flickered around the probe repeatedly, his afterimages appearing so quickly that he almost appeared to be surrounding it in a spiderweb pattern making quick motions with his hands. Though it was unclear exactly what he was doing, two things could be understood. One, that while his movements did not have the pure unfiltered destruction caused by the fists of a martial artists, his movements did have a certain chaotic rhythm, likely an off shoot of his dancing skills. and second, with each attack a certain very recognizable melody was created, one bar for every pass. culminating in the final bar blaring when Raz appeared directly over the probe and crashed to earth, his right arm outstretched.

...There was a moment of silence, during which the probe appeared to hang in the air for a moment, impossibly untouched.

Then Raz flicked a spot of dirt from his collar, only visible to him, and the damn thing exploded, accompanied by a glint of unnaturally white teeth.

"Sorry for the distraction folks, a knight's work is never done!" Raz stated rather grandly, to scattered clapping and the sound of several pictures being taken.

That was really the crux of why Raz had gone in the first place. Even with Sara's harmonix that blocked photography, she had said it herself. Her weakness was direct observation. If she went and blasted it out of the air in broad day light, she would cause more problems then it solved, and that ignored the possibility that it would simply upload its photos before she got there. It had after all, already once demonstrated ability to bypass her defenses. Raz could have gone with her, and in truth, had momentarily considered much, but that would have been even worse, seeing as how then she would not only be fighting in her rocker get up in broad daylight, but she would be doing so next to one of the most famous people in the city. Any benefit she gained by him preventing the photos being uploaded would be more then outweighed by that story making the rounds. No, the best strategy was for Sara not to go at all. Then all the focus would be on Raz.

...And of course, Raz liked attention

"thank you for your support, my lovelies. Concert tickets are available on my website, backstage passes are sold on a lottery system, join my fanclub, you will get a 10% discount!"

He had to shake a few hands and pose for a couple pictures before the crowd allowed him to walk off and dispersed.

Go ahead and send whatever data you picked up to Sara's COMP. judging from the fact that it was able to bypass her rig, I'm guessing it was actually for her, not me. Oh. and tell her to make sure she hasn't forgotten my coffee. After all that, a second cup of fresh coffee sounded delightful Raz thought, idly walking back through the doors of Brewed awakenings.

Wise up

Active spells, Sukukaja, Heat Riser
    Current Comp Heat 5/10
    Active stats: STR/AGI = ....pretty fuck'n high at the moment, apparently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Eva Ellet
    Velvet Room ~ Stage
    Monday – Morning

I give a nod at her explanations- more a gesture of politeness than of understanding.

That is not to say that I am not curious, but the knowledge that it will be revealed in due time is sufficient for me. All I have to do is keep this key on my person, adhere to the contract, and wait… I might even consider it a simple task. Being organized, following rules, and patience- all things I would say I’m pretty good at. In contrast, thinking hard about things that I don’t really understand… is not really something I am good at.

So, I’m more than fine with waiting until the time comes.

Though... the warning about breaking the contract does bother me a little. But asking about it would probably make it seem like I intend to skirt the rules, so I hold my silence.

“…Fortune telling?”

Although I can’t remember ever having any read for me, I’m familiar enough with the idea. It pops up in stories and books a lot- most strikingly when a prophecy or divination leads its recipients to struggle to avoid it, largely in vain. It’s a vehicle to describe the power of fate, but if you asked me it just means the value of prophecy is somewhat worthless…

Of course, that’s just in a story. In actuality the power to predict someone’s future would be incredible- if it were real. In truth, most fortune telling simply revolves around providing vague general statements that can be matched to any set of events. For example, if they tell you something good will happen to you tomorrow, then any of the numerous small good things that could happen to you tomorrow could then retroactively be matched with that statement and serve to confirm the prediction. That people will then give high credibility to the source of such predictions is a result of what’s known as the Barnum effect.

Logically speaking, what you’re often being told carries about as much information as being told the sky will be blue tomorrow- almost nothing. It’s usually an easy way to scam people out of their money. That’s my understanding of it, anyways.

But that’s probably too rude to put into words…

“Umm…” I try to think of the right thing to say in this situation.

“Up to you.”

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Neo Aoyama, Alleyways
    Monday - Morning

"...Forty, huh?"

While one of the many benefits of modern humanity's reawakening to their magical potential was an enhanced ability to read the auras of others, the sudden shift in the 'tone' of this particular conversation would have sent chills down the spine of even the most spiritually unaware human...

Yes.

While she had planned to simply listen quietly to your complaints before shooting them all down one by one once you got em off your chest, it seems that those last few words have awakened a different sort of 'demon,' as the older woman's eyes suddenly seem to disappear beneath the shadows cast by her hair. If one were a particularly potent sensor of spiritual power, they may or may not have seen a flicker of hypothetical purple fire around the woman, an emotional flame that does not actually exist, but somehow seems to drain the color from the alleyways all the same, and has even Kresnik slowly backing away from it's 'other self.'

---Perhaps Kaguya notices first.

There's a certain level of honest that simply cannot be allowed to manifest itself against older girls, in this woman's case in particular it was almost certainly a hidden sore spot of absolute proportions, but-!

It's too late.

The moment they were said, there was no longer any escaping this scenario.

The first step she takes towards you freezes you in place, and even the scattered thugs seem to stop moving around in their pseudo-conscious state, as if their brains had momentarily shut down from the unexpected appearance of a 'human demon,' yes...

No escape.

One step becomes two, two then become three, and after that it truly doesn't matter.

What..

What is she gonna do?!

As thin as her figure was, there was no underestimating this person-! She didn't look like it at a glance, but she was more than capable of pulling off a casual Falcon Arrow or Suplex on demons, hell, being a part of your bizarro family meant that she had to be a certain form of 'absurdly strong,' and considering Kresnik's presence, and her own knowledge of exactly how rough she could be without really hurting you, an outright Falcon Drop probably wasn't out of the question either-!

But-!

"...You're lucky I'm the one you said that to. I mean I'm younger than Yuka is, you know that right?"

Ow.

What had promised to be a spectacularly flashy wrestling finisher, is instead a simple poke to the forehead; mind you, it is a poke to the forehead with her fingers that actually hurts a little bit, as if years of her doing this exact same thing in the exact same place had left a lingering impression on your body, but that's not the case, no...

It's simply the poke of an older sister that's way way stronger than perhaps even she knows-!

"If she had heard you say that you'd be scrubbing floors for a month, and girls outside the family... Well, I'd come visit you in the hospital I guess."

Said with a good humor, the woman that has crossed her arms with a huff and a smile, leaves only one eye open to regard you with.

"Gotta cut him off earlier than that Kaguya, it'll be life or death one day~"

She says it like a joke, but at the same time...

She sounds deadly serious, still...

"But about taking you with me all the time... You're still a student, so no can do; can't have my little brother not graduate just because he was hanging around with me."

A surprisingly mature answer, but...

But...

But...

"...Besides, my body is still twenty. That's the important thing. I'll never become an old woman, so I have plenty of time for 'other things.'"

She always undercuts herself, even if only a little bit...
    Last edited by Airen; April 29th, 2019 at 06:31 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright & Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR ~ Cafeteria
    Monday ~ Morning

"That's not too surprising, all we had were rumors that the Commander was expanding the Culinary Staff, it was only confirmed this morning-!"

If there was one special ability Astra had, it was her apparent talent at inhaling cartoonish amounts of food while continuing to speak in a completely clear and concise manner; it's a talent born from little more than sheer practice, but also one that does little to hide her being somewhat more messy/less graceful than the other girls, seeing as how she seems to have spilt quite a bit of coffee on her shirt in her rush to put the new cooks to an ultimate test.

"It's pretty cool right? If she keeps up all these home-improvement projects this base will wind up being kind of like a miniature town! Or maybe an oversized mall?"

Yes, she certainly seems to be in an excellent mood today.

Of course her words are only a bit of an exaggeration, considering the fact that the SLEIPNIR was a few kilometers long, it was certainly possible to make something akin to a 'town' on-board it, but the idea of it being as happy-go-lucky as a mall, or someplace like Aoyama or Camelot with it's residents being the way they tended to be and well...

It seemed a bit unlikely, little more than some wishful thinking on her part, still...

It did seem like the Commander was making more and more of an effort to transform this place into something more than just a flying battleship, and the more jovial mood of the people in the cafeteria seemed to hint that those efforts weren't going entirely to waste-!

"The new rumor is that they're scouting for Italian chefs! Never really had much pasta, but I've heard good things!"

Although... All of this new cuisine seems to have put Astra in a rambling mood...

Meanwhile, with Ludwig...

"Something else to call me?"

Raising an eyebrow at the question, as if it was something she hadn't expected due to the more serious turn of the conversation, the silver-haired admiral closes her eyes in thought for a moment before responding, as if truly contemplating it, and:

"You can use my name if you wish, it may come across as a surprise, but I don't really mind being called by it while off duty."

---It's not quite as affectionate as what one would probably wish from an aunt, but at the same time, this 'familial' bond was still in it's infancy... For lack of a better term for it. Still, it feels a bit less stuffy than 'Admiral' or 'Commander,' so you can't complain too much about it, a tiny step forward was still a step forward after all-!

"As for what the ship is to me?"

Another pause, then:

"...It's a useful burden I suppose, something humans have to protect, but that will protect them in return. It's a weapon before anything else, so it's ultimately dangerous, but it's changed fate more than once, so it's also a necessary power. Of course I will not say I am not attached to this ship either, at this point it is more my home than Earth is, but-"

While it seems like you might just get a story out of that question, the sudden ringing of alarm, and the shift of the fluorescent lights from a clear white to a more murky gold...

Indicate a shift in the entirety of the ship's atmosphere:

The SLEIPNIR's alarm system had multiple aspects to it, but the color code had always been kept as decisively simple, uncomplicated, so that things could be understood about it at just a glance.

Green or clear lights were normal state of operations. Day to day life, no possible danger from outside sources.

Red meant that an attack was already underway, and that the ship itself had likely been breached by the enemy. This alarm had yet to be used within this ship's history as a Tamer Base, due to the strength of it's magi-tech barriers more or less making boarding it an incomprehensible task.

And yellow...

Meant that an attack was thought to be possible in the next few minutes. All staff were to report to defensive positions, with Tamers being conveyed more precise orders from the bridge...

This alarm... Was a rarity.

A yellow alert meant that the ship itself was unlikely to be breached or significantly damaged even in the event of running into the opponent. It was the sort of thing that typically went off when some poor fool attempted to attack the ship itself in some way, and was usually more precautionary than anything else, as most threats to the ship were actually incapable of doing anything serious to it, and were swiftly dealt with by Anna and her accuracy with the ship's main guns if they maintained hostility, or by the Tamers capturing the target themselves if it was necessary, but...

"Anna? What's going on? Speak on the Tamer's frequency as well, I approve it."

Cutting herself off mid-story, the silver-haired admiral raises a hand to her ear as if focusing more on an earbud placed there, and-

"Unidentified machines have emerged from the Arctic Ocean while en route to our destination, and are currently pursuing the ship. They are of unknown make and model, and do not match any of the machines in our database, however, our lock-on systems do not function on them, suggesting considerable cloaking technology or OOPart origin. They appear to be unmanned, and hailing attempts have so far been unsuccessful. Estimations of their battle power indicate they cannot damage the ship significantly, however they are also invading our air-space in spite of our demands to stop. Orders?"

"...We'll scramble, just to be safe. Reinforce the shields, give the gunners clearance to fire if they breach our airspace, and prepare the flight-capable units to intercept. Those without flight systems will take up defensive positions on the flight deck in groups of two. Our goal will be to capture their wreckage if possible, I want to know what exactly decided to attack us and why. Ludwig, you're with me on this one."

Just like that...

She jumps back into "Commander" mode, ordering you to come along with her even as the other Tamers receive similar orders to scramble, and standing up in the same instance, striding with long powerful legs towards the door...

...Drones huh?

Robot attack?

Ever since the start of the magic era, the appearance of OOParts in various areas of the world had increased significantly; magical artifacts from what seemed to be forgotten history weren't entirely unheard of, but...

Something deciding to chase the SLEIPNIR was relatively unheard of, considering how poor the match-up tended to be for most entities.

Even so, it didn't change much; if the orders were to break every piece of incoming aircraft that came in, then that was what you had to do...

Meanwhile, with Logan...

It seems you were being given a partner for this brief assignment.

Having been assigned Astra shortly after that conversation had been broadcast amongst the ship's Tamers, the girl seems somewhat heartbroken at the prospect of leaving bits of her meal behind, but...

"...I'm sure I can finish this in thirty seconds."

Orders were orders.
    Last edited by Airen; April 29th, 2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Neo Aoyama, Alleyways
    Monday - Morning

"GAH!"

Letting out an uncharacteristic sound of slight pain, Blaise recoiled backwards and immediately retreated a few steps from Noriko, hoping to put some distance between the two of them so there wouldn't be any more pokes to the head. Then, and only after making sure no more attacks were coming, Blaise allowed him to rub the spot that had been hit. A spot that had suffered this move many, many, many times in the past. Indeed, Blaise was pretty sure there was a slight depression in his forehead, considering his sister always hit the exact same spot.

Glaring at Noriko with annoyance, Blaise rubbed the spot some more and grunted... all the while Kaguya was doing her best not to look him in the eyes. COMP AI or not, respect or not, it would have come with uncomfortable implications if she had laughed at his misery... no matter how much she wanted to.

"Why... why do you always do that!? Stop poking that damn spot already, I'm not a kid anymore!" Blaise complained, something like a pout forming on his face. "Jesus, one of these days you'll be striking straight into my frontal lobe, I swear..."

Still grumbling curses under his breath, Blaise looked aside and continued with a quieter voice - one that was both trying to hide his thoughts about this all, but nevertheless kept at a volume where Noriko could not escape their implications. In other words, it was your typical little brother muttering thanks to an older sister bullying him.

"I swear I dunno what sort of weird hang-ups you have about my old man, but this is getting ridiculous..."

Kaguya rolled her eyes. As much as she respected both siblings, she could also recognize a sibling spat when she saw one... and things never ended up well for Blaise when there was a family-feud between these two. Mostly it was Noriko physically punishing the boy, and the boy digging his grave deeper with each word he spoke, because he knew they'd annoy Noriko.

"Banchou... whatever the case, Nee-san has a point. Ya gotta at least keep up with minimum attendance," Kaguya commented, hoping to guide the topic to less violetn waters.

Blaise folded his arms across his chest and snorted.

"Hmph. What's the point of graduating if I know it's not gonna help me one bit?" The boy grumbled some more. "Besides... that place is just a joke. From other students to the StuCo Prez and all the way to teachers. Just a bunch of overly self-important pricks."

The bitterness in his voice was evident.

"... I'd rather be useful than rot in a classroom."

Still, it was also clear that underneath that stoic exterior, Blaise also had another side -one much closer to his actual age- that tended to come out when dealing with his older sister.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; April 30th, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Rose Cross Headquarters - Inner Gardens
    Monday - Morning

"Well, I won't stop you from referring to me as Father, I consider it an honor... But don't force yourself to do so if it feels uncomfortable for you; I'm quite fine with you just using my name if you wish."

His voice was clear and warm, and while his gaze seemed naturally capable of looking completely through other people now that you're face to face with him, the gentle smile that crosses his face remains comforting in spite of this, as if encouraging you to not be nervous around him, but-

"As for why I am here, well... There are a few reasons."

-It's only natural for the leader of the SDCD to behave in such a friendly way. For an organization that relies on "connections between people," a certain ability to break the ice with strangers or potential recruits is probably necessary-!

"Even I get tired of paperwork every now and then, so moving around on the field myself is a nice change of pace... As far as reasons go, it's a surprisingly important one for me."

Wanting to get out and about himself is perfectly understandable, but knowing what you already know about the situation, it's clear that this sort of answer is merely a half-truth at best, nevertheless...

"But in this case it really did have to be me. Well I suppose Cross could have been sent in my place, but I am not simply acting as an SDCD representative right now, I am also acting as an NWAB member."

NWAB...

Or rather, the "New World Administrative Bureau, the highest ranking Tamer organization, or rather, the ones who could be said to guard the "planet" itself rather than a simple country or continent. Naturally, as guardians of the world itself, they are charged with keeping global order, monitoring especially dangerous individuals, organizing cross-faction efforts, and securing rogue COMPs, Tamers and unregistered Plumes of Dusk. While all Tamer organizations dabble in such things to an extent, the authority the NWAB members have extends all across the planet.

It's where the best of the best normally go, and while it's only ever been spoken of in hypotheticals due to the current status quo of world peace, the NWAB is said to have enough power amongst its ranks to defeat any of the lesser organizations if necessary, or rather...

It would take all four of the others working together to match it. In that sense, they are close to being invincible guardians of peace, and represent the "Strongest" members of humanity.

...That strength probably also exists to keep others from getting any chaotic ideas from the introduction of magic into society, but that might be the more pessimistic part of your brain acting up again, regardless, your mother and aunt were part of the NWAB, as were the other heads of the Major Tamer Organizations-!

Still, the NWAB only tend to act up when a global incident is heavily suspected... So was this about the city in the north pole, or something else?

"My first task was to make a certain request of your mother, it worked out relatively well," keeping it purposefully vague while still answering you, the older man continues with only the briefest of pauses, "The second I planned to take care of on my own, seeing as how you are notoriously overworked, but in thinking about it further... It might be in my best interests to borrow a temporary guide."

"Oh? What for?"

Even Mary seems surprised at this (although there was a possibility they were simply talking around you in code, as a spark enters her eyes shortly after as she seemingly realizes why) but-

"There is a certain patient in a Rose Cross hospital here that I wish to visit. Unfortunately, I'm afraid my mental map for this area is somewhat out-dated... Of course, that sort of thing also lets me stay on the field myself longer, so I don't plan on updating my maps anytime soon."

Yes.

Revealing a somewhat more childish motivation, there's still a certain seriousness in his eyes as he rises to his feet.

"Could you have someone meet me at the entrance? Since I'm already here, I might as well make a show of good will between the SDCD and the Rose Cross. Better for the media to think it's a publicity stunt than that there is some sort of investigation happening right under their noses; they invent enough nonsense as it is."

"Of course, let's see..."

While something does feel odd about this, at the same time...

This is also the sort of thing...

That Alyx would normally be summoned to do...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Morning

Cosmos can accept Mary and Kenji being secretive about the reason he came here - despite being Mary's daughter, it's not like she's actually high enough in the hierarchical ladder to know - so despite having curiosities of her own, such as whether the city in the North Pole is the reason Kenji came here, she can bury that feeling and accept that she wouldn't know more than what she already overheard.

But the moment Mary took a pause in considering who to call as a guide for Kenji - and one Cosmos knew would likely ended up being Alyx - she could feel her chest burning up, a strong feeling of envy flaring up as the face of her sister came to her mind.

It was always Alyx.

Despite the girl's stance on the church and her general behavior that doesn't reflect what a Rose Cross Tamer should be like, it was always Alyx that Mary relied on, whether to accompany her as a bodyguard, cross-tamer missions, or taking on dangerous assignments. Even though Cosmos knew that her mother meant well, that she doesn't want to see her get hurt or worse, sometimes Cosmos wondered what that meant for her; whether she isn't reliable or capable enough.

The fact that Mary would likely call for Alyx to serve as a guide - despite the fact that her sister had just started her patrol while she is right here - shows just how much her mother relied on the girl.

Cosmos Fairchild loves her mother more than anything else in the world. She is the kindest and most amazing woman in the whole world, the one she wished to emulate and faithfully follow, and Cosmos wouldn't hesitate to give her all for her mother - even her life, should it be necessary.

But sometimes she wished for her mother to rely on her more; to put more trust in her daughter. She can accept that Alyx is more reliable on dangerous assignments, on being a bodyguard, or even on cross-tamer missions - even if she'd never admit them in front of the girl herself - but she cannot accept this. True, she isn't that fond of interacting with other people and sometimes might be a tad too "preachy" as Alyx called it, but this is just giving a guide in a place she had been living all her life in. Surely she can be trusted to do that much?

'I'm here, mother. I can be the guide. You don't need to call Alyx, she had just started her patrol a few minutes ago. This isn't dangerous, I know the area well including all the hospitals, so I can do it...'

With those thoughts in mind, Cosmos took a glance at her mother... and felt a pang of guilt upon seeing her serene face. For all her good conducts and preaching to others to behave similarly, sometimes her mind doesn't reflect the same, like smiling at others even if she felt suspicious, or nodding in understanding when she felt frustrated within... And like always when she realized where her thoughts had gone in her head, Cosmos silently offered a prayer and ask for forgiveness of The Lord for having such thoughts within her mind.

'You should voice what you want, Cosmos.' Illia's voice suddenly resounded in her head. Cosmos mentally shook her head. 'And why should I? Mother knew better than me, so this isn't really...'

'As much as you idolized her, Mary isn't perfect you know; she cannot tell what you want if you keep silent and always follow what she asked without complaint.' Illia pointed out. 'Maybe she even mistook your silence as agreeing with her. So why not be more open and honest with her? It's not like what you want is wrong, and to be honest you've been bottling up a lot of things for a while now. Opening up will make you feel better, I promise.'

'... I told you everything though.'

She could hear Illia sighs. 'That's more like because we share the same mind space, and talking with me like this is different from saying it out loud to someone else. You trust and love Mary so much that I took after her form; if you can share everything with me, then you can do it with her too. Just do it slowly.'

'I...' She trailed off before mentally nodding; Illia does have a point. 'I'll try, I suppose...'

Deciding to heed her COMP's advice, Cosmos turned the gears in her brain. She had always stayed silent because Mary managed to recognize her silent pining to spend more time together, so she assumed her mother had managed to recognize her want to be relied on too - just that she didn't do so for reasons Cosmos didn't know.

But maybe Illia is right. Maybe her mother didn't notice her silent hints, so she should take the initiative this time... and perhaps she could be more honest and open with Mary if she does. Taking in a silent yet deep breath, Cosmos steeled her resolve and spoke up.

"Um, mother?" She timidly raised her hand. "I... I can guide Mister Kenji if the hospital is in Vatican. Besides, Alyx has just started her patrol a few minutes ago, so..."

'You can rely on me more.'

In the end, she wasn't brave enough to finish her last sentence.

Wise Up!

Intertwined Destinies
    Cosmos’ relationship with Alyx Kingsleigh can be aptly summarized as “the glorious war of sisterly rivalry.” Being the adopted daughter of Rose Cross’ top-ranked members, Cosmos saw Alyx’s behavior as unfitting, and potentially may bring a bad reputation to both Alisa and Rose Cross as a whole; not only that, Cosmos felt like they should serve as an example on how members of the church act, so the girl’s rather “whatever” attitude to the religion ticked Cosmos off, until one day a relatively brutal duel happened after a heated verbal battle between the two, forever cementing their rivalry.

???

???

Last edited by palad1n; May 2nd, 2019 at 07:48 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Aoyama, Chris's Room
    Monday - Morning

(BGM On)

"Share? Sure, here you go~!"

While you had certainly asked Lexie to 'share' that spell with you in the sense of using it together, it had perhaps, caught you off guard when she had simply presented you with a USB drive from her pocket without a single ounce of hesitation, as if she had been prepared to simply gift one of her formulas to you from the start. Of course, sharing spell programs wasn't an uncommon occurrence amongst members of the SDCD (as the process of learning them was typically simpler with a group working on it together) the fact that she simply had that sort of item already prepared in spite of not coming here for the purpose of group spell study or exchange...

Was a little strange...

Then again, with the way Lexie behaved towards her coworkers, it wouldn't surprise you if she was pretty generous with spell formulas, after all, even if there was a certain sense of pride in knowing spells that others do not, that is a specific sort of pride that this girl has always seemed to completely lack-! Yes, while it had always been rather difficult hard to tell exactly what was going on in her head, it was clear that she was not the type who would really go out of her way to hoard information she possesses from others, and-

"Ah, but I'm getting distracted here, I forgot the shop closes at 11-!"

-even as she passes the drive to you, the sound of her stomach rumbling soon reminds her of a sort of absolute desire for food that she had been putting off-! Yes, the sight of Daisuke's new functions had certainly caught her absolute attention for a few moments, but-

"...You know, it might be worth teleporting there actually, magic burns calories too! We'll just run back!"

-Her body's unsubtle reminder that she had missed dinner last night, ultimately re-centers her thought processes, or rather, makes her decide to throw exercise to the wind and cheat her way to her destination-!

"Both of you come here, grab my hands, it'll work this time-!"

W-Was her sudden sense of hunger that serious a problem?!

"...If it doesn't, I'll make sure to catch you."

Item Get!

Lexie's USB Drive: A gift from Lexie. Likely handed over out of a combination of generosity, and slight embarrassment from coming crashing down through your ceiling-! Seems to hold the spell recipe for the D-Rank spell "Structural Grasp." Use during a free phase, and you should be able to transform this into a usable spell-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster
    Akarana Estate ~ Second Floor
    Monday - Afternoon

Leaving your user to go through the front door on her own, you find yourself darting through the gardens with all the speed and grace this false construct of a body can grant you. While wide-open lawns are good for surveillance, those with money often find themselves incapable of decorating such places modestly, as the maze of rose bushes you snuck through can certainly attest...

Even so, it's not completely careless.

While you are equipped with the proper codes to keep it from going off, there was certainly a form of bounded field present on the property. Without actually setting it off it would be hard to say what sort of bounded field it was, but if you had to guess, it was likely something simple, clean and legal, like an alarm that would alert all the servants to the intrusion... It was a convenient facet of dealing with those that wanted to keep a good public image, they couldn't install anything particularly villainous without drawing undue attention to themselves, so considering how Laplace had stolen all of the codes earlier (how she did it was beyond everyone) this would probably be the easiest part of tonight's mission.

---Even so, you remain cautious.

While alarms are fine, the modern day human is not someone to be underestimated; today's humanity had both magic and the willingness to use it, and a millionaire's personal guards would certainly have to be around the level of a tamer to be successfully employed... That was something you had figured even before Laplace had confirmed it earlier, the idea that the servants would certainly be the obstacles tonight, so...

Quietly, you slip through the window upstairs.

"..."

Inside... Is something that is somewhat surprising...

There's certainly a maid in this room, but she's lying at the bottom of the windowsill. She has no obvious wounds, but the bottle of window cleaner and the damp rag at her side make it seem like she had simply fallen over and hadn't gotten back up...

---A quick check of the pulse reveals a strong, steady heartbeat. Without your COMP body you couldn't actually scan her medically, but while the scene had seemed almost murder-esque at first, the steady rise and fall of her chest, along with the fact that her COMP didn't seem to see a reason to activate and heal her, was enough to almost convince you she had simply fallen asleep on the job...

"..."

There's no one else in the room, and the door that leads out to the hallway is closed...

And even out there... There doesn't seem to be any sound, no footsteps, no gossip amongst servants, nothing...

...What was going on? Had someone else come through here already, or were they simply this careless? Was this some weird form of trap? Apathy Syndrome perhaps?

"..."

Whatever it is, it's certainly unsettling...

---

Ayra Lilygrove
    Akarana Estate ~ Indoors
    Monday - Afternoon

The door doesn't creak, not just because the Joker skill wouldn't let it, but because it was clearly of the highest possible quality.

Taking both paths at once had seemed the simplest solution, as one of you getting caught would make it much easier for the other one to get to where they needed to be, but...

Even though you were certain at least two guards would be on duty at the front doors, and had thus prepared yourself to cleanly knock the both of them out if necessary, the reality of the situation you find is about as bizarre as the one that Aster finds upstairs, namely...

"..."

They're both certainly there, two butlers, twins by the looks of things, both completely and utterly unconscious. But it's unconscious in a strange way, leaning back against the wall as if the two of them had simply decided to take a standing nap right where they were... In more humorous circumstances it might be an amazing ability, something surpassed only by the ability of a student to sleep through class while holding two buckets of water, but in this case...

It's just unnerving.

The house is silent, but it's not dark.

Electrical lights line the main hall every ten feet or so, their sparse light a clear indication that the residence as a whole was certainly operating under a night mode, leaving just enough lights for the servants to move about as they pleased to take care of their tasks.

But no one is moving. No doors open, no doors close. You can't sense anyone really hiding anywhere either, so...

"..."

The two don't seem to be physically hurt.

Up ahead, at the base of the dual staircase leading to the second floor, the mansion's elevator sits silently; using it earlier had proven that no key was necessary, it was simply an elevator that was called with the light push of a button but...

It doesn't seem like anyone is gonna get in your way...

The target is the home's hidden basement, but...

Uneasy.

The silence of it all is somehow more unnerving than being attacked at the door would have been; even so...

Perhaps this could be convenient in it's own way?

The path to the goal was remarkably clear after all, at least up here on the ground floor.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Neo Aoyama, Aoyama Gakuen
    Monday ~ Morning

By the time the two of you start along on your personal path, the other students have long since disappeared from the surrounding areas. Of course it's only natural, while Aoyama Gakuen is well known as the first Spirit Tamer Academy, there are a number of students that attend more for the sake of studying the magical sciences than becoming a Spirit Tamer, so the path those students took was seemingly of a more normal disposition, or rather...

They simply do not take the more extreme classes offered by the school; if one simply wishes to become a magi-technician, it's probably not entirely necessary to learn how to fight.

---Of course, to you that is a somewhat baffling answer.

A Spirit Tamer is an honorable position, the equivalent of a literal super hero within the Magic Era! Sure, the idea of getting hurt is kinda scary, but standing up and opposing an impossible opponent in spite of that, wiping away the blood tricking from the corner of your mouth while making a declaration of protection, is a romantic prospect that seems like a waste not to pursue-! Traditional studying was fine, a tried-and-true tested method of getting better at something, but you were going in the direction of what Kaori had called sparring, and didn't that just seem so much more exciting?

...Yes.

Those are the thoughts that carry you onward towards the sounds of crackling flames, explosions, and a woman's loud laughter and critiques. Of course, once you get behind the school it's easy to see where you're going; a distant field encased in a semi-transparent bubble that Kaori explained belonged to a special Harmonizer Field where people could practice combat maneuvers without actually getting hurt, as it is all essentially a fight using data-simulated bodies. It's apparently a super-powerful defensive field that only those affiliated with the Major Tamer Factions are able to utilize, and also a place where a tall dark-haired woman is facing off with a group of about twenty or thirty students by herself. It's the sort of scenario that seems destined to end poorly for the solo fighter, a grim last stand where the goal is to simply defeat as many of your opponents as possible before going down yourself, but-!

"Didn't I tell you guys already? Numbers alone won't do you any good!"

The woman's response is to simply slam the heel of her foot down into the earth, a crashing Axe kick that literally leaves a meteor-like impact in it's wake-!

With the ground they had once been using to charge towards her now literally exploding beneath their feet, the once organized class finds itself falling down into the depths of the earth, their apparent teacher already throwing out the palm of her hand even as they plummet, a crimson light dancing on the tips of her fingers, and-

-discharges a stream of fire into the crater after them.

From a distance it's hard to see whether or not the sudden wave of fire engulfs them, but considering the fact that they had just been thrown onto the mercy of gravity a mere instant before the second attack was launched, it was probably safe to say that she struck the majority of them dead on, indeed...

---If you hadn't been assured that no one was actually getting seriously hurt her earlier, you would have thought you were seeing a much more serious assault, even something close to a death-match, seeing as how the sheer force behind the flames was enough to send the fire spiraling into the air on the opposite side of the crater, guided by the now smooth plating of what is almost certainly molten rock-!

Even so, while it does look like the class as a whole had just lost their sparring match in about five seconds Tamers are superheroes, so-!

"Haaaaaaah-!"

When one bursts from the crater of flames seemingly unharmed with a roar, and is quickly followed after by two, no three more, you're not surprised at all-!

"Made it out huh? Not bad."

Even the teacher praises them for it, however-!

"But you guys still aren't working together-! If you're gonna rely on only numbers, then you gotta do it right-!"

Working together, and attacking the same target, are two very different things. While the first boy to emerge from the flames does so with his fist drawn back, the teacher shows no fear from facing it, thrusting her own forward to meet it even as two others close in from behind their classmate. As a tactic it has some slight merit, trying to get the opponent to block the attack of one while others close in on her, but-!

---It was all from the same direction. Perhaps something would have gone differently if the others had moved to more tactical positions, but to leap at her as one, attacking from one direction without their feet on the ground...

Even you can tell, considering her earlier show of strength...

They'll be blown away.

Absolutely blown away.

The clash of fists lets out a sound like a thunderclap, then-!

All approaching fighters are launched away from their sensei, the sheer shock-wave following behind her fist enough to send them rolling along across the ground on the other side of the crater-!

And with that, it seems like it should end, certainly no one rises to oppose the woman after those first few waves, and yet-

"...Ah. Here it comes."

-Of course it wouldn't end yet, after all...

One more had walked in during the exercise-!

It's something you realize only as the woman turns her gaze towards the two of you, and Kaori suddenly takes three steps forward while motioning for you to stop, placing herself between you and her even as her hand goes to her sword's hilt.

"One moment please Hyakka-chan, it seems I'm not exempt from today's lesson."

And indeed, the sphere of flame that is suddenly launched in her direction is all the confirmation of this that is needed, however-!

Unlike with the others, a single swing of her blade 'cuts' the sphere in half, the fire seemingly flickering to ash as ice crawls along it's halves and-!

In the moment of it's passing, a fist is already coming along behind it, closing in on the student council president-!

"...!"

Her blade is swept from her hands as she attempts to parry, but rather than panic or go for it immediately, the council president reads the flow of the older woman's movements, ducking beneath the kick that comes sweeping towards her side, but letting out a light groan as the teacher seemingly anticipates this too, her spinning kick diving into a leg sweep as the council president slams into the earth, but-!

Gritting her teeth, the light-haired girl puts her palms onto the ground without a hint of hesitation, and launches her body up towards her teacher in a rising dropkick that the teacher deflects with her arm, the sheet momentum behind it enough that the girl can flip backwards onto her feet, her sword moving seemingly of it's own accord into her hand and-

"...Not bad Ikushima. You kept your guard up, good work."

"I do my best, Sensei."

-Just like that, it ends.

Or rather, even though the pose they're in now is a student using all the strength in her body to keep her teacher from completing an axe kick down at her, the two of them seem to have agreed that the battle more or less ends right here, as the teacher withdraws that kick soon enough, the area around you seemingly repairing itself of it's own accord as a robotic voice claims that it's "resetting the simulation" over the speakers.

---In the distance, the once fallen students are already pulling each other to their feet.

In spite of being on the receiving end of a clearly one-sided beat down, the majority of them seem to be in a pretty cheerful mood-!

"But aren't you going a bit hard on the new kids?"

The president questions, and the older woman simply winks at her in response, with a light "not really," before turning her attention to you, a light smile on her face.

"So you're Hyakka-chan right? I've heard a bit about you from Sho."

She leans forward just a bit, head tilting slightly to the side.

"He didn't come with you today?"

...She acts completely normal.

Yes.

In spite of everything she had just done over the past thirty seconds, this woman talks to you as if none of this was actually out of the ordinary at all...!

...Then again, the name Ryuumonbuchi...
    Last edited by Airen; May 4th, 2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR ~ Cafeteria
    Monday ~ Morning

Logan once again found himself at the mercy of a stern complaint; but instead of from a person, it was from his stomach. He’d gone long enough without a meal that it had forgotten how to process such bounty, and thus he was rendered a modern Tantalus, doomed to suffer forever in a self-inflicted hunger for which abatement was just out of reach. Still, it would be rude to the chef who’d prepared his food and to Astra who’d offered him some if he did not eat, so Logan grasped fork and knife, sliced through the firm, fragrant egg enshrouding the cooked ham, mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach, mozzarella, and sausage within, pierced the separated chunk and brought it to his mouth to chew, savoring the flavors and juices as they ran over his tongue and sank into his body. The waffle, sampled shortly after, was crunchy on the first bite and chewy on the next, with syrup and strawberries providing a welcome spectrum of sweetness. With each bite, Logan felt himself come alive, his stomach gnawing itself apart as it hungrily broke down each morsel for long-denied energy; there was no denying the restorative power of a proper meal.

Or perhaps it’s merely due to the infectious energy of the girl across from him.

"It's pretty cool right? If she keeps up all these home-improvement projects this base will wind up being kind of like a miniature town! Or maybe an oversized mall?"
    An odd notion, certainly SLEIPNIR allowed for long-term survival, but it was hardly a home. The cold steel walls, frequent biometric scans, and constant pressure of the gravitational field from the golden warmth of Avalon, the friendly waves of guards as you returned from or embarked on missions, the casual chatter between fellows who all aspired to be someone greater, someone loved…

Logan blinked twice and stowed such thoughts.

“I have to admit, that’s rather hard to imagine. Before being a mall, let alone a town, we’d need a movie theater first, right?”

At any rate, the large line for waffles was proof positive that even the lone wolves here enjoyed their creature comforts. A little too much perhaps in Astra’s case, given the sizable stain she’d managed to make. He’d have to discreetly point it out later if she didn’t notice.

"The new rumor is that they're scouting for Italian chefs! Never really had much pasta, but I've heard good things!"
    Logan’s next words were a spur of the moment occurrence that had he been slightly less focused on ingesting his meal, which was occuring at a rate only slightly faster than what might be considered proper, or on his self-indulgent ruminations he may have reconsidered.

“Oh, I might finally get to have a decent pizza again.”

Perhaps luckily for Logan, the following proceedings were abridged by a shipwide alarm.

"Unidentified machines have emerged from the Arctic Ocean while en route to our destination, and are currently pursuing the ship. They are of unknown make and model, and do not match any of the machines in our database, however, our lock-on systems do not function on them, suggesting considerable cloaking technology or OOPart origin. They appear to be unmanned, and hailing attempts have so far been unsuccessful. Estimations of their battle power indicate they cannot damage the ship significantly, however they are also invading our air-space in spite of our demands to stop. Orders?"
    Drones, was it? How odd; it wasn’t often that a machine managed to surpass the SLEIPNIR in some fashion. Though as an assailant, it made more sense than a significantly more fragile living being.

"...We'll scramble, just to be safe. Reinforce the shields, give the gunners clearance to fire if they breach our airspace, and prepare the flight-capable units to intercept. Those without flight systems will take up defensive positions on the flight deck in groups of two. Our goal will be to capture their wreckage if possible, I want to know what exactly decided to attack us and why. Ludwig, you're with me on this one."
    Logan stood, the last of his bacon tragically abandoned on his plate.

: Nice, it’s clobbering time! I swear if I saw another training program I’d make Godzilla look like Mr. Rogers.

: Glad to see at least one person’s happy at the prospect of an enemy attack.

: What, upset you didn’t have more time to set up a nice mood? Besides, you need the vitamin D anyways.

: ...I’m not even going to bother with that comment. And can you really get vitamin D this high up?

: You get more the higher the sun is, so probably? Ooh, you’re probably getting a lot more UV rays too, being above the clouds and all. Think the Commander’ll let you put on sunscreen first? I knew you should’ve gotten that safe tanning auto-skill.

: Let’s just blow up some robots.

"...I'm sure I can finish this in thirty seconds."
    Logan turned back to see Astra staring mournfully at Carbohydrates Mons, now more of a Mt. McCarbs.

“You probably can. But getting a stomach ache in the middle of battle, and then explaining that to the Commander… I wouldn’t want to suffer such a fate.”
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; June 28th, 2021 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Brewed Awakenings, Avalon Branch
    Monday - Morning

Naturally, the moment this had become a battle, that robotic entity had never stood a chance.

While it had apparently been powerful enough to pierce through some of the protections offered by a COMP's auto skill, it had lacked the flickering sense of 'life' that COMPs possessed, and had thus been a piece of technology that was far inferior to that of a COMP, a long-range droid that was operating either via remote control, a much more rudimentary form of AI, or some bizarre system you weren't aware of, but...

The fact that it had exploded so easily really made you think it wasn't a particularly special bit of technology.

Either way, the clash of COMP and somewhat generic drone had ended with a decisive victory in favor of the DTG, it hadn't managed to send whatever information it had been trying to spread anywhere, and while it takes you some time to convince the nearby populace that you were unfortunately not able to wait till the magic hour for victory photos, the response you get from the squire that had ultimately decided to wait inside and let you do your thing, was...

"...That was you helping me right? Umm... Thanks."

Surprisingly sincere, or rather, it lacks the explosion of chunni mannerisms that her tangents so often seemed to explode into... Of course it's a bit surprising, while you hadn't bothered to explain yourself at the time for almost tripping her into the floor, and while the expression she had made in that moment had certainly been annoyed to say the least, that annoyance had given away to something like surprise, as if she had managed to piece together a certain earnestness from you even without you explaining it to her...

Yes...

Surprisingly insightful, in a way, it almost feels wrong that her response wasn't to just complain at you...

"...But do it again, and I'm gonna have to curse you for the sake of my pride."

Ah.

There it was, although even this was... Shockingly normal? While she speaks of a curse it's likely a literal curse, an actual magic program rather than some random infliction born from her wielding the pitch-black flames of hell, probably something aimed at your teeth if you had to take a guess, but...

All the same, since she seems to understand your motivation somehow, you're being left off the hook this time around, but this seems to be a glimpse at a more honest Sara, one who did order you that coffee in spite of her actions to protect her own pride, and...

"Seems like all it took were pictures. Me, you, the other patrons. Can't tell where it planned to send em, a lot of the data is corrupt... But I was planning on reporting this anyway, so I'll just ask the techs to look at it."

Cutting it off so fast had possibly made a lot of it's data unreadable upon destruction, although the possibility of it simply going out of it's way to erase it's own files for the privacy of it's user was also possible, either way...

"Anyways... That coffee is on me. So are any of the other ones you get today. I've already let the employees know, so have as much as you'd like."

So saying, she stands to leave.

Of course it is important to report things promptly, so it makes sense; but she could file a report from a distance through her COMP, so you also get the feeling that she just really wants to ditch the punk-rocker getup and get back into less secret identity incriminating circumstances, but...

"Still serious about that curse though, be careful Mr. Knight."

Just like that, she walks out the door of the shop, and her nature becomes quite clear.

---Both kind and honest to a fault.

While a part of you might not be willing to just let her escape your trolling antics quite so easily, an incoming message from the higher ups stops you could in your tracks. It's a pretty impersonal message all things considered, being a simple order to head to the forest and retrieve some lost squires because, according to the text, "Matador was at it again."

---While the implication that squires were being kidnapped by a demon would ordinarily be a cause for panic, it's actually not quite as terrible as one would first think; for one thing, while demons were pretty willing to beat humans up if they happened to need to do so, it's actually pretty rare for them to go any further than that in the modern day. A lot of demons were perfectly cordial even, stand-up members of society that sometimes put humans to shame, but amongst demons, there was one that had somehow found it's way to Avalon that had a particularly 'bizarre' personality (and that was saying something, seeing as how demons were all typically weirdos) namely...

Matador, a skeletal demon that enjoyed challenging others to duels. It would appear from time to time, and if someone accepted it's challenge and lost, it would hold that person ransom in order to draw others in, apparently craving the excitement of a good battle, but...

Even that apparently wasn't too bad, according to the squires it didn't even bother to tie them up in any way, relying more on the Knight's Code to keep them from going anywhere, in other words...

---It was really only everyone's sense of chivalry and -fair play- that really kept them from just walking away after losing, the loser should concede to the winner after all, and...

It seems like you had been chosen to play the game today, or rather, chosen to bring everyone back in time for lunch...

Sara Cross

Name: Sara Cross

Stats

AGI: C

Special Traits

-Receptor-

You are more in tune with the “feelings” of other people than most. An elevated form of empathy, heightened to the point where it is blatantly supernatural in nature, and is theorized as working by subconsciously ‘reading’ the “spirits” of other people or demons.

You can normally tell when others are lying, when they mean to do you harm, when they need help or feel afraid, as well as the general “mood” of certain areas, hinting at things that have perhaps happened there recently that you weren’t around to personally witness. However, this is an innate sense that you can’t really dampen, so be careful that you don’t get caught up and swept away by the river of others feelings...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Aoyama, Chris's Room
    Monday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Lexie
    "Share? Sure, here you go~!"
    "Wah."

The sound of dull surprise echoes through the room as Chris, still half-asleep, tries to catch the USB stick and ends up juggling it between hands for a good five seconds before getting a firm grip on it. She blinks, surprised and even a bit disappointed at how easily Lexie had handed over her spell formula. The tall girl opens her mouth and for a moment nothing comes out.

"Um. T-th-"

"Thanks, Lexie!"

Interrupted by her own COMP, who is beaming like a child at the thought of hanging out with friends (and forcing a certain shut-in to leave her room), Chris is left staring at the USB, wondering about all its applications in her various ventures, until Lexie reminds them that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexie
    "Both of you come here, grab my hands, it'll work this time-!"
    Chris blinks, hesitates, then grabs Lexie's hands.

"Owe you one," she insists. Perhaps it's mere posturing. One might even interpret that insistence on fair exchange as an insult, saying "can't friends do favours for each other" in protest. But it has been a point of pride for Mokujima Chris that she is no longer a parasite, and that she can provide and support others just as she herself is supported by them. So, in a sense, her true words are something closer to "please rely on me as well".

Her hesitation, though, was for a simple reason...

"Don't worry," Daisuke says, guessing Chris' thoughts as he also grabs Lexie's other hand. "Fresh air is good for you!"

"Debateable..."

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Aoyama, Chris's Room
    Monday - Morning

"Well, I figured I owed you one for breaking your ceiling, but okay~ Next time I have trouble with my university work, I'll call on this favor."

While she had certainly misread a few of your earlier signals, or rather your earlier words, it seems that she is somewhat more understanding when it comes to this particular aspect of your personality. It was important to you to not rely on others all the time, but her natural disposition had always seemed like that of a girl that tried to be everyone's friend -looking after others in her own way- and thus her more generous actions become troublesome for you to deal with from time to time, but...

When reminded of it, she takes steps to be a bit more selfish, accepting the offer of a future favor for what it was-!

"But you might be too quick on thank me here, I totally might still mess this up-!"

Then again, perhaps she was being so particularly nice today because she figured the possibility of the teleportation spell going wrong was very much present-!

Yes!

It's the complete opposite of her prior assurances that it would totally work this time, and a comment that adds to the initial hesitation you had about putting her hand in your own, but by the time you second-guess the decision, it's already far too late-!

It's a strange sensation.

While the theoretic of teleportation through magic theory were known to you, it was the sort of troublesome magic that most people wouldn't bother with due to it's complexity and spiritual energy costs. It involved the breakdown and transfer of one's body and soul as computer data, which was a mass of calculations all by itself, and then one had to take into account the rotation of the planet before reconstructing themselves on the other side... Even for a COMP A.I the calculations and on-the-fly corrections that needed to be made to the formula were rather immense, and thus specialized devices that used leylines as the transfer method instead, or only ever went to one specific area, were more commonly used when one really needed to get somewhere in a hurry.

But it's a strange sensation nonetheless, like the ground beneath your feet had moved rather than your body being moved by an outside force.

Of course, that is because the ground has fallen away from beneath you.

Yes, while a blur of color quickly becomes a clear blue sky, the sight of it quickly makes it apparent that the spell had placed everyone a bit too high up-!

"Wait, why am I down here?!"

Yes.

The formula had certainly broken down to an extent. Perhaps the addition of two more entities had been a bit much for it?

While you recognize the ever fresh feeling of sunlight and fresh air, Lexie's hand had slipped from your own somewhere along the middle of the transfer, and she had somehow come out of it a good ten feet beneath you, waving her arms somewhat comically as gravity finally decides to put on it's game face and drag everyone to the ground-!

Ah.

Part two of a meteor crash.

Perhaps you should have stayed in bed this morning? It's somewhat comedic to be sure, plummeting from the sky from a new spell gone wrong is something that happens to every magic user in the modern age eventually, but having to suffer the effects of it twice in one day just seems forced, like the universe itself is bullying you-!

But-!

If you right your body, you could probably make this a bit more graceful of a landing; Lexie was closer to Daisuke, so she'd probably wind up catching him rather than you, so you prepare yourself to do a bit of complex physical reorienting even while still in your half asleep stupor, but-!

There's no need.

Yes, this time around, no one actually crashes into anything on the ground-!

For Daisuke, the cause of that is certainly a violet-haired girl (who was breathing rather hard, as it seems the spell had taken a bit out of her) who had been intent on keeping her promise to 'catch' the both of you, but while she had meant to grab you as well... Someone had beaten her to it.

Yes...

"Are you alright, Mokujima-san?"

Having been walking around on his daily patrol, a certain "Ultimate Senpai" of the SDCD Spirit Tamers had leapt up to catch you out of what seemed to be sheer reflex, acting exactly like a knight protecting a princess in the fairy tales.

---In other words, through some bizarre twist of fate...

...You had wound up in the arms of the SDCD's Ace.

"Forgive me for touching you without permission, my body acted of it's own accord."

...He was as humble as always too.

The fact that he even knew who you were at all was...

Kinda baffling...

Lexie

Name: Lexie Davis
    Affiliation: SDCD

Spells

-???-
    Type: Spirit
    An apparently incomplete teleportation spell, while it can get in the "general area" of places, it seems to lack precision. Further details unknown.

Last edited by Airen; May 6th, 2019 at 08:25 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Velvet Room ~ Stage
    Monday – Morning

"My choice? Hmm, I see, I sense a bit of disbelief."

While you hadn't said it aloud, it seems that she was somehow able to pick up on at least a few of the thoughts that had run across the surface of your mind; of course you had done your best to come across as polite, and her realization of those thoughts doesn't exactly seem to bother her either...

"But that too is fine. The future is an ever-shifting thing, so readings only hold so much value... That is certainly true to an extent."

Yes.

Nodding, as if agreeing with your hesitation, she nevertheless...

"...Even so, I want to do it. It is a tradition for guests of the Room, and I don't want the other attendants to tease me for messing up."

...Decides to go through with it anyway, for a reason that can be decisively called "childish."

So saying, the woman snaps her fingers and a deck of cards jumps to life from the table behind her.

"Yes, it is certainly a power of arguable use, but I enjoy interactions with the tarot. Even though it is always done with the same deck, each guest's reading is different. I find that fascinating."

The longer you interact with her, the more talkative she gets; and the floating cards soon begin to shuffle themselves of their own accord, tilting themselves just enough that neither you nor her were able to see their faces.

Eventually they stop, two floating completely still in midair, and with some obvious gusto-!

"Hmmm... Tower in the upright position, I see. A potential misfortune awaits you in the near future. That seems rather unpleasant... Let's look a bit further ahead, shall we?"

You have no reason to complain, since you had left the decision up to her, and she doesn't give you a chance to defy it now anyway-

"And the Moon, also in the upright position... The Moon represents both hesitation and mystery... I see, I see. No wonder the Master has seemed to take an interest in you, that is an intriguing combination."

It sounds more like simple bad luck to you, but-

"It seems you will encounter a misfortune in the near future, and a great mystery will be imposed upon you. This next year is a turning point in your destiny... If you lose yourself in hesitation and do not find the truth in time to make a proper decision, your future may be forever lost."

A pause, as even she herself seems to realize this comes across as grim, then...

A warmer smile.

"Of course, my job is to ensure this does not happen, so please do not worry too much. If you ever find yourself lost, or simply wish to speak with someone, please do not hesitate to contact me."

The clarity of the dream begins to blur, and-

"But you are being awoken, so we shall attend to further details at another time. Until then, farewell."

---

Eva Ellet
    Rose Cross ~ Library
    Monday – Morning

"Eva? Eva? Are you alright?"

Shaking your shoulder slightly, a book on magic theory open in her left, is the dark-haired form of Catherine Thornley.

It takes you a moment to shake yourself awake again, as it seems you had fallen asleep during one of the girl's many lectures. Yes, now that you were conscious enough to really think about what was going on, the events that had led to your borderline nap become slightly more clear, namely...

Catherine had wanted someone to bounce program ideas off of, and you had wound up volunteering yourself for it by not putting up enough resistance to the idea... Of course, Catherine was also something of a reliable senpai of yours, so the idea of just listening to her go on and on about the nature of magic and practical combat theory wasn't exactly a disagreeable one to you, which is why-

"It's not like you to fall asleep on me, are you feeling sick?"

-rather than get upset with you (as she normally would those who ignore or abandon her) her first thought about the situation is that you must be either sick or completely exhausted, of course it didn't quite feel like either, but you had had a weird enough dream that it could almost be called a fever dream...

At least that's what you think...

Until you feel the recently acquired Velvet Room key in your pocket...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama Gakuen, Infirmary Building
    Monday - Morning

"You know, everyone goes through that school sucks and I don't wanna go phase, but it's a time of your life you'll miss later on."

It's clearly a speech she had put a bit more time into, seeing as how she had been close to silent after your last few declarations in the alley... Of course, because this is the sort of conversation you'd had more than once, she might just be putting more thought into her answers in an attempt to get through to you since her earlier explanations clearly hadn't worked as well as she would have liked, but...

Really...

In spite of what she said, was there really a point to finishing school? While she might imply otherwise, there was certainly a number of careers that could be pursued through strength alone in the modern day, and if there was one thing you knew about yourself, is that you were way stronger than your average person, hell... Probably stronger than most of those self-important students back at the academy, but...

"Putting aside the fact that you can't just go beating people up in alleys for the rest of your life, the teenage years are the best social years you'll ever get... It's important to make friends your age, that sort of thing gets way harder once you're out of school."

Yes.

Having forced you to help her carry the groaning gang members (and innocent students) back to the school's infirmary (with a reluctant assurance that she wouldn't actually force you back to class today, the two of you sit just outside of the nurse's office, joined only by the apparent second in command of the gang, who was staring mostly at the ground without saying anything at all... It seems Noriko wants to ensure everyone is actually okay before she leaves, and since she had basically told you you were stuck with her for the remainder of today, you were also stuck here until the nurse finished her examinations on the others...

Of course, you had never actually met the school nurse, but the occasional bit of empress-like laughter that erupted from the office every few minutes had already made you decide you would rather not actually see whoever happens to be in there, although you had caught a glimpse of what seemed like silver hair...

"And really, you're strong, I'll admit it. But school is where you go to learn to better channel that strength; I mean when I was a kid we didn't have magic battles on the schedule, so honestly the school you get to go to is way more fun than mine was... They might seem a little self-important at times, but I think that's just them taking their future seriously. They wanna be the best version of themselves they can possibly be, you know? At least, I'm sure most of them think that way..."

Yep.

Talking more and more, as if she truly intended to finally drill her way through what she must see as a thick skull, her words are also aimed somewhat at the formerly bat-wielding youth...

"So I think you should try to give them a chance again, you can't complain about how they behave if you barely see them after all, right? That's not a fair assessment."

The sound of a drill erupts from the nurse's office, along with what seems to be a student's shocked gasp.

She seems to choose to ignore this, and:

"That goes for you too kid, the better your education, the easier a life you'll have; that's true no matter the path you take in life. Understand?"

Aiming her words more directly at bat-kun, he...

"...I guess."

Gives a rather uninspired answer.
    Last edited by Airen; May 6th, 2019 at 01:25 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Morning

"I see, that is a fair point. Very well, if you would like the task, I will assign you to it."

---Those are the words your mother had used with a smile.

Of course it is not a big task, and it removes you from the daily meeting a bit sooner than you would like... But at the same time, the fact that she so easily grants the request feels good, because it confirms that she at least believes you to be capable of taking care of yourself, but...

"If you're curious, the person I'm hoping to see in the medical ward is an old classmate of mine."

But...

Such a thing has also left you more or less alone with Namasaki Kenji, the father of COMPs, creator of the Harmonizer Towers, and leader of the SDCD. While it's certainly a form of escort assignment, if anything happens, you can't help but feel more like he'd be guarding you rather than the other way around, but that too is a thought that can be pushed aside, yes...

The thought that is problematic...

Is that now your mother is not there to exist as a sort of conversational shield for you to use... While you would think of yourself as certainly friendlier than Alyx is, if there was one area that your sister was better than you in, it was absolutely her sense of self-confidence. She didn't cower or stammer in front of anyone, didn't look away from people's eyes when speaking to them, and wasn't afraid of coming across as "antagonistic" towards people that she felt deserved it. In that sense she was well-equipped to deal with strangers in her own way, but you...

You still got visibly nervous from time to time, although perhaps you manage to hold yourself together this time around? Regardless, while the walk from the gardens began over two minutes ago, it takes the young leader of the SDCD about that length of time to attempt to break the silence that had begun to form between the two of you, and...

"Her name was Fujiwara Miyu, and she vanished over fifteen years ago, a year after the end of the Second Kyuubi Incident... I heard a comatose ESPer had been found here matching her physical description a few days ago, so I came to confirm it for myself... The cause of the comatose state is also something I wish to look into myself, although that is more of a bad habit I haven't managed to shake. Doing things myself just has a certain appeal to me..."

...Perhaps in an attempt to make you feel less excluded from this scenario, the young Director informs you of a bit more of the specifics behind his actions... Of course you hadn't heard of anyone being found unconscious recently, but it wasn't like every rumor that went around managed to reach your ears anyways.

"Still, this is an interesting city. I haven't been here in a number of years... What about you? Have you ever left home? Are you interested in doing so?"
    Last edited by Airen; May 6th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Morning

It was only a few minutes after the fact - after the rush of excitement and adrenaline of being trusted to do something different wears off - that Cosmos realized that this might not have been the best idea.

While Illia disagrees, the AI isn't the one to walk with Namasaki Kenji, and the pressure is tangible when she realized that she really is alone with the leader of SDCD - a man whose deeds and accomplishment to the world made her truly felt insignificant. With her mother being absent to make small talks, the walk to the hospital was silent - and not in a good, comfortable way like she often did with Mary. It's said that the mark of trust is when one can spend their time with another in a comfortable silence, and this situation is certainly not a comfortable one as she keeps on thinking what she could do to break the ice-!

Her only solace in this predicament is the fact that at least unlike Alyx, she's quite sure she's not going to potentially offend Kenji and mar Rose Cross' name, though she wondered if that's any better if they don't even talk on the way there...

Quote Originally Posted by Namasaki Kenji
    "If you're curious, the person I'm hoping to see in the medical ward is an old classmate of mine. Her name was Fujiwara Miyu, and she vanished over fifteen years ago, a year after the end of the Second Kyuubi Incident... I heard a comatose ESPer had been found here matching her physical description a few days ago, so I came to confirm it for myself... The cause of the comatose state is also something I wish to look into myself, although that is more of a bad habit I haven't managed to shake. Doing things myself just has a certain appeal to me...
    So she's really grateful when the man finally breaks the silence himself. The fact that one of the reason he came all the way here is just to see someone who might be an old classmate says a lot about him as a person, one that doesn't really match her initial impression of the man, but perhaps she should have expected that much from the leader of the organization which placed such importance on the 'bonds' between people.

Cosmos has not heard of a comatose ESPer being found here in Vatican, but then again her social circle isn't that big - in fact, it's practically tiny - and looking for gossip has always been more of her sister's thing than her own, so she's quite curious herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Namasaki Kenji
    "Still, this is an interesting city. I haven't been here in a number of years... What about you? Have you ever left home? Are you interested in doing so?"
    "Oh..." Surprised that suddenly the conversation steered towards herself, Cosmos took a few seconds to prepare herself before answering, a mental encouragement from Illia easing her worry and nervousness.

"I've been living here all my life ever since mother took me in, and... I've never left home, if I am honest. It is incredibly safe here, and I suppose I've never really wanted or asked mother to leave... it is easier to balance my duty as a spirit tamer and trying to become closer to God here." Cosmos said honestly, and it is true; she doubts that there is a better place to understand God than here, and the time she spent alone had never felt like a waste or a mistake when the experience is so spiritually fulfilling.

But then again, the same couldn't be said when it came to the people...

"However, seeing my sister leaving often does make me curious on what the world outside is like." She continued, ignoring the thought that crossed her mind. "I've been building myself for the last ten years, so maybe it is time to put it to the test... To interact with people outside of Rose Cross and Vatican and beings aside from the heavenly host, though I haven't told mother about this. So yes, I think I am interested in doing so." She confessed, trailing off for a few seconds before deciding to continue.

"In fact, you are the first tamer outside of Rose Cross that I have truly spoken with... so..." She stammered, mentally debating whether to keep her eyes on the path or to Kenji before deciding that she should look at him in the eyes for this; summoning her courage, she managed to do so after a few seconds of silence, looking at the father of COMPs directly in the eyes with a somewhat embarrassed smile. "Thank you for giving me the opportunity, Mister Kenji." She managed to finish before once again focusing on the path they are taking to make sure she doesn't screw up such a simple task.

... Sometimes she envies Alyx's self-confidence.
    Last edited by palad1n; May 6th, 2019 at 06:30 PM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.