Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2833

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama, Brighter Days Orphanage
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

“Then Honoka-san is like Tsubaki… an AI…”

Hyakka could practically hear her COMP’s voice in her head scoffing at the comparison. ‘That thing is nothing like me. In the first place yadda yadda yadda…’ But it was the correct comparison to her, because she couldn’t tell the difference between the so-called old-fashioned tech and the technology of the current era of magitech.

“Uhm, I am doing excellent.” Sheepishly answering the book, with a noticeably forced straightening of her back, Hyakka replied. “Since Alice-chan is visiting I feel even better today. I sleep well… sometimes. Not as often, lately…”

Her voice trailed off for a second. But not wanting Alice to worry about her, she quickly turned the conversation another way.

“Honoka-san, you said it’s nice to finally speak with me. Does that mean you’ve been waiting to meet me?”

It wasn’t lost on her that this AI’s name was within the list of names that had written that message to her. Maybe she could get some answers.

“Did you… are you one of the ones who wrote that letter to me? ‘To those Living in the Future?’”

Blog Entries
    Aster
    The Boundary ~ Azure Horizon

“If it’s like that, then snooping around is good enough. There should be logs and the squires to go through. Not too much of a hassle to figure out,” Aster says, thinking about the matter of the fake squire. While it was true that any archives could be faked, squires themselves were supposed to be as straightforward and as honest as the knights they served. Not to mention that ultimately, being a squire was a role that was supposed to prepare you for the rigors of the spotlight—at least, theoretically. A squire that was essentially a ghost would be an enigma of sorts, drawing attention by not trying to do so.

"I can't remember my user's face, but I can sorta... Picture them sometimes, standing right here with me. Saying something like..."

"The mission will be a success, please watch over us until then, okay?"
    For a moment, Burrough’s voice changes into a cacophony of others, sheer content ironically harmonizing together to create a uniform sound. Aster felt as if she lacked the processing power to distinguish any part of the whole, yet there was this pang of familiarity, recognition, that echoed through her mind. Ayra was at the forefront, but other voices seemed to linger, like memory out of reach. A terribly human feeling.

And terribly unsettling, at that. Burroughs herself had to be right—just a glitch. Every complex program is subject to unexpected function.

"Is there anything you would like me to look into? I may not be able to contact you safely for awhile after this, but I'm trying to figure something out!"

"That is... Um... If you're okay with seeing me again?"
    “Considering you’re the second AI I’ve ever had a proper conversation with, I’d love to see you again.” Aster’s words are wistful and sincere, her voice carefully hiding that note of loneliness. “I think it’d tip my user off if our meetings were too frequent, but I’d gladly spare time for you.”

“And if you ever need any advice or help, feel free to message me. I’d like to do something more useful in my spare time than watch university lectures.”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Halls
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---It's a tactic that sometimes works.

Even if the Tamer themselves is upset, reaching out to the intelligence of their COMP A.I can occasionally yield better results; the personality of COMP and Tamer are typically complementary ones after all, if one is quiet the other tends to be more talkative, they fill in for each others weak points and thus become a more powerful whole, however...

"..."

Rhea is silent.

At least at first.

Not in the sense that she couldn't hear you (you were positive she had both received and processed the message) but simply because there is another innate aspect of the Tamer-COMP relationship that can rear it's head at times like these, namely-

"...If Astra isn't going to talk about it, then you won't get anything from me. I am her confidant."

-loyalty.

Sometimes you can get one to spill the beans even if the other has decided not to say anything, but it seems like Rhea is the sort that will support her User's decisions all the way through to the end.

She'll keep secrets.

Keep her silence.

In her 'mind,' that is likely what it means to be a 'confidant.' Since the members of the Rothschild are more inclined to shield their hearts than Tamers of the other organizations, it's only natural for their partner to shield that heart as well, in other words...

"I don't like what you seem to be insinuating though... What are you really trying to say here?"

...The COMP is in full on defense mode.

As for Astra herself however...

"..."

For a moment, she just listens to your explanation without changing the vaguely annoyed expression on her face, although...

There had also been something expectant there for a moment?

Like she had been bracing herself for something?

But the moment passes rather quickly.

Of course your explanation leaves much to be desired, it's easy for someone to simply claim that their intentions were a certain way, it wasn't like she was able to read your thoughts and find out how you actually felt about things... In fact, it's probably that exact gap, her inability to read anything out of you while the reverse likely isn't true, that has sort of set her off here...

And...

"...If it's classified, you shouldn't be over here either."

...This does look sorta fishy admittedly, even if you claimed you were leaving, well...

Psychic.

If she didn't know the limits to that...

It could be quite easy to come to some troubling conclusions, even so...

"If you want something to think about, then how about this..."

She closes her eyes.

"...How clearly do you remember last week?"

And asks something quite strange...

Quite strange indeed...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Halls
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    "I don't like what you seem to be insinuating though... What are you really trying to say here?"
    Like her User, the AI Rhea keeps her guard up and doesn't let any secrets slip.

Of course, hearing any secrets wasn't the intent here. Perhaps it's unusual for Rothshild members to show a caring side without getting something for it in return.

Or maybe the issue lies in that unchanging expression the Karlfeldt Tamer holds near constantly, words spoken without any proof or certainty that they're genuine.

Ludwig seems to think there's something that may be affecting Astra, but he's aware he stepped on her toes. So before he makes things worse, he send me in~!
    It's just a gut feeling on his part, and since Astra told him not to poke her head he's forced to do the actual human thing of talking and listening... Honestly that's something he needs to do more...

The more expressive COMP AI doesn't really have this issue, but she doesn't have much more experience than her User. Being able to hold full conversations is rather difficult when you sneak out of your shell to have them while remaining connected to that same shell. The further Ludwig moves away, the harder this connection can be maintained.

She doesn't fault her User in that, instead finding it rather adorable to see him struggle in conversations.

This wasn't one of those times however.

I'm not actually saying anything, well other than Lud having poor social skills. He means well, but his curiosity and eagerness to help is sending the wrong message. I'm sorry if that came across the wrong way.

Rather than play around casually too much, Lydia simply answers the question thrown to her and apologizes.

Ludwig meanwhile...

...doesn't realize what's keeping Astra upset.

---Surprisingly dense for someone that can gauge facial expressions and read minds.

"Huh? Of course I do, how could I possibly forget fighting against Lara? I was impressed by how well you and Logan fought together, which is part of the reason why you're looking at me like that right now."

Caught off guard by the seemingly strange question, the Karlfeldt Inheritor points towards the rather hard to forget moment that he and Astra should surely remember.

"After that I needed to have Lydia repaired and I talked to Anna the next day..."

But as soon as he begins to actively recall the events on each day, that bizarre question doesn't seem that strange anymore.

"Wait, was that the next day?"

Almost out of reflex his hand moves to his chin. A finger taps on his lips, pondering as the dawn of realization comes.

"When did I talk her again..."

Closing his own eyes in thought as well, his mind races for anything that defies the encroaching truth.

"...Huh... now that you mention it... I can't."

When did he forget?

Why did he forget?

How could he forget in the first place?

Ideas pop up and are shot down, questions run through the ESPer's head but no answers form.

The events are there, but on which day what occurred is somehow lost. Like pages being torn from a book, or black ink crossing through the crucial text.

Undocumented work, events happening without an observer to behold them.

Most curious indeed.

"I still vividly remember last night, but the other days are murky... It's strange, I remember what I did but... I can't recall when it happened."

More questions spring up, ones the Tamer considers with something akin to genuine worry.

What else have I forgotten?

And...

How much more will I forget?

The stoic mask cracks away bit by bit, as worry overtakes the usual serene expression.

"Is it the same for you? When did you realize this..."

Internally the little brother once again hopes his big sister can wave away this oddity.

Lydia, you still have that Anna recording right?

Yet...

I get that you want to hear her cute laughter but this isn't time~. It was recorded on Wednesday night so you don't need to lose more sleep over it!

Are you sure?

...Okay that's strange, I just checked and now it's on Tuesday?

...No such salvation arrives.

"...I can remember the events before this week though... before the SLEIPNIR was attacked... But this week specifically is vague."

The most confounding truth the ESPer realizes is that what transpired two weeks ago is clearer than that what happened mere days ago.

No answers are found racking his brain however...
    Last edited by Zurvan; September 24th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"...It's fine. These things happen."

While LOVELESS seems to be devoting the majority of his attention to keeping a firm eye on his mistress (as butlers are known to do, although he does give a simple curt nod at your admission) Saya ultimately just shrugs at your apology, her entire demeanor showing that she doesn't think of it as that big of a deal... Of course, the movements of ones avatar are almost always heavily calculated, so she may simply be trying to make you feel better, but...

"...Just don't tell Chris about it, it'll be fine."

...Perhaps a more mischievous side to her does exist?

Although perhaps more alarmingly, she seems to have a good sense for the thoughts of others...

Still...

With Shuichi and Sofia now looking over some piece of paper together (or rather, with Sofia jotting down a few things on a napkin with lightning fast pen movements while Shuichi watches and chuckles nervously) your attention soon returns to the violet-haired waitress before you, who doesn't put up much of a fuss when you tell her your destination is confidential, she just smiles and nods as you speak, listening intently, yes...

Quite intently.

---Although it is perhaps only natural for a waitress to be a good listener, considering the sort of restaurant this was, it was probably she had to work the bars later in the evening, and well...

The duty of a bartender is to listen, still:

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke
    "Could I come back here and order another coffee then? Maybe we could swap stories, Ai-chan."
    She blinks, just for a moment, then...

"Of course."

Smiles gently at you again, a perfect smile, one that banishes the rest of the 'noise' in the back of your head...

"Although, I'm surprised you seem to be so interested in this book," picking up her journal where it lays, the young woman just chuckles a bit to herself as she drags it to the forefront of the conversation, "I do have a few stories to tell of course, but I don't think I could really call this a journal... I sort of use it for everything?"

Another laugh.

"It's enchanted to never run out of space, so I can pretty much put whatever I want in here... I've got my journal entries of course, but there's also recipes, maps, some drawings... Heck, I even make notes of the sorts of things repeat customers order, so I can better remember them you know? Make em feel like part of the family. People like it when you remember them~!"

She winks at you.

"But hey, if you're that interested... Let's give a random page a look, a taste of the mystery~"

At this, she opens the book, seemingly intent on flipping to a random page, and...

"...Oh. This is an embarrassing one to land on..."

Akarana Xavier
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Logan Starbright
    Amamiya Sho
    Alyx Kingsleigh
    Saria Justice
    Mochizuki Noriko
    Akarana Charlotte
    Matsumoto Isamu
    Kurogane Sakurako
    Yoshino Takigawa

...It opens to a page full of handwritten signatures, different people's signatures, signatures gathered in the style of a guest book of some sort... The pages of the book themselves are ages quite well, a fine yellow color, something that you don't see much of nowadays in the magitech era, but...

There are also blue butterflies flying along it's background, like an animated desktop in book form...

Regardless, it's quite the list of names, and you can't even see all of them, but...

"I collect autographs as a hobby... Some famous, some people I just want to remember after we parted ways..."

But...

She seems embarrassed by it...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama, Brighter Days Orphanage
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---It feels a bit strange, talking to a book.

Even stranger still with all the people around you watching it happen, indeed, even as Tsubaki goes off on a tirade about how she was infinitely superior to those first generation A.Is (for a number of reasons that are only mostly petty), or as Alice smiles cheerfully at the knowledge that her presence was a boon to your mental health (before frowning at the implications of the 'lately') or even as Demon Alice moves out of the wall and into the ceiling, hanging by her ghostly legs with all the unnatural stillness of a porcelain doll, the situation continues to feel strange to you, nevertheless...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyakka
    “Did you… are you one of the ones who wrote that letter to me? ‘To those Living in the Future?’”
    You force yourself past that strangeness to ask a question, a number of questions, about this mysterious book that claims to have been waiting for you, and...

Honoka

Yes. I've been waiting a long time to speak with you!

This book is a peripheral memory storage device, I'm pleased that it managed to last all of these years.

The Doctor's Work is always flawless I suppose, but I can still say that I was worried about it, even as a memory form...

Well, there does seem to be some damage, but...

I can talk at least.

As for the letter... Yes, that was the agreed upon message I believe...

Although I can't clearly recall the act of writing it myself...

Still, it is nice to see you.

After all...

How did it go...?

I art thou, thou art I...?

...In response, the book says a lot of things, some of which almost seem to be rambling, but...

That bit at the end...

Was it saying it was you?

As for Alice...

"...Maybe not our tech then, what the hell did that guy hand me...?"

She seems to be getting more and more suspicious of the book by the minute...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright & Mokujima Chris
    Simulator
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

---Where one attempts to retreat into the confines of sleep, another makes a dash for one of the more obvious land-marks around this fog-filled city. It doesn't take much time to make the trip since the clocktower was so close to you, but it's only once you get up near the top of it, a bit above the thick haze of fog that you can really get a grasp at the exact nature of the buildings all around you, and they are...

Somewhat bizarre?

While the city had given you a distinctly London-esque vibe upon it's creation (and resembled it on a superficial level) there are a number of different building styles in place all around the city, a massive clashing of different cultures that had Japanese-style homes sitting alongside European style castles and everything in between, hell...

While the fog made it rather difficult to pick out specifics, you sort of thought you could see a building that resembled LOVELESS in the distance...

---Those malls are certainly everywhere nowadays, huh?

Regardless, the Tower itself seems like a possible focal point for this simulator (the heart of it on the inside as it were) and attempt to probe the firewalls to see if you can shut it down from the inside, hack yourself free as it were, and...

Well...

The attempt would be best described as a "mixed success."

The Tower certainly does prove to be a focal point of the simulation, you are able to access the system files from it to a degree, but only to a degree, nevertheless...

You are able to gain some things from it.

-First of all, the name of this particular file, the simulation around you right now, is "End of Rev."
    -Secondly, the settings of the simulator have it such that only minimal interaction is possible for you, in other words, everything inside of here is set to be unable to touch or hurt you and vice versa, meaning that this is a rather poor prank all things considered (if it was a prank anyway).
    -Thirdly, the simulation itself... Is an unusual one, in the sense that it doesn't actually seem to be a traditional simulation at all, it's not a digital recreation of a world so much as it is a video file, a VR-esque movie that is designed to play all the way through in a very specific way and then stop, letting everyone inside of it out, and lastly...

---When you move to access the system files further, really shut the whole thing down early, another presence inside of the system forces you out.

It's quite a strong presence, reminiscent of Burroughs, but not quite the same...

Yes.

Blocking access almost as quickly as it had been attained, leaving you with something of an incomplete hack, that same 'presence' also emerges from the system to confront Logan, the hacker perhaps?

Come to ensure the targets stay imprisoned?

Regardless...

As it is...

"...Aren't you in quite the rush?"

There's something like... A ghost girl...

Floating quietly in the air nearby...

"You humans are always in such a rush, slow down, take in the sights, you'll die young of stress if you keep this up, you know?"

Encountered: Mysterious Girl

Meanwhile with Chris and (part) of Amelia...

---Through the data-link, the android takes awhile to respond to your inquires.

Indeed, with Chris making her best effort to pass out on her back (in apparent defiance of whatever powers may be that exist) the android herself has taken to slowly exploring the surrounding area on her own... She doesn't go very far, as she is seemingly interested in whatever the result of Logan's expedition would be, but there was also an inherent curiosity in her eyes that explodes into full blown wonder as she looks around at all of the wandering NPCs, random people walking around a random city, almost like...

She wasn't used to seeing this many humans in one place?

Or even the imagery of this many humans existing in one place?

It's quite strange, nevertheless...

'...My designation is Eve. Portions of my memory have been damaged, likely due to prolonged exposure to a hostile phenomena, remaining files indicate my body was compromised for days, long-term damage to my cognitive systems was inevitable.'

...The android is a bit more verbose like this, in a data to data link, although...

Her code is quite strange... Different from Omega's even... Although you can still understand it...

Almost seems... Antiquated in a way?

Regardless...

"And Ruina...? Ruina is..."

She frowns, as if struggling to remember something herself, then...

"My home? I lived there with Administrator Sakura and... Some others... I can't remember..."

The frown deepens.

As for Chris, well...

The sounds of the NPCs moving around is rather... Loud... Of course, practice with living at the SDCD base (where people are often making abundant amounts of noise along with their friends) has led to a certain resistance to this sort of thing, but...

It almost sounds like a stampede...

Like everyone is moving in the same direction?

And indeed, they are...

For one reason or another, as dusk turns to night, everyone in the city starts heading for the Clock Tower and...

There's the sound of... Fireworks?

Yes.

The sound and light of fireworks, exploding far above your heads...

Rather annoying all things considered, but...

You can probably sleep through this if you really give it your all-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Simulator
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

She cannot do anything.

Trapped, without Daisuke, Mokujima Chris is once again a regular powerless human being.

In this world there are those who are strong and those who are weak. Right now she is weak. So weak that she can be defeated just by some loud noises and a sad expression.

The weak have no power to choose. All they can do is go along with the fate laid out for them. Yes, all Chris can do now is wait and observe, and accept this scenario and hope her captor eventually sees fit to let her loose. Because she is weak and cannot do anything, not even die.

Such thoughts do not cross her mind for an instant.

Weak? Strong? Those are just words humans and Demons like to throw around.

The fireworks? The noises and lights and sounds of the crowd?

They don't even reach her.

Mokujima Chris will never again accept a reality where it can't be helped.

She clenches her right hand tightly, so tight it draws blood, yet even that pain won't reach.

Center the mind. Create a space without, and place oneself within.

Reach it.

Reach it.

Reach it.

Get out.

Get out.

Get out.

Find the empty void where no thought can exist, pierce through the wall of cognition with a single-minded 'wish', and place yourself there.

In this world, data is everything. If the data where 'the mind of Mokujima Chris' should be is empty, then she does not exist in this world.

Then, there is only one world left for her.
    Last edited by Bloble; September 29th, 2020 at 11:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    DTG
    Avalon ~ Camelot, Tintagel Gardens
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---For now, a momentary retreat from the growing tragedy in the distance.

A tragedy that manifests as the movements of many squires, adrenaline shooting through their veins as cooking gear is produced out of nowhere, adrenaline that causes a number of different reactions to a situation that you just don't need to be a part of right now-!

Yep.

Turning your back on your user momentarily (after all, there is only one real way that situation ends) you march over towards the area where Zerah and Dejah are having their little chat, and...

Quote Originally Posted by DTG
    ”Ain’t rightly got a tongue to taste with and I am still beating heels. Sorry about the rookie, gumshoe,” the detective COMP said idly to the swordsman. “Ain’t no stopping him when he gets like this. Anyway, heard you asking how long the tyke has been batting her peepers ‘round these parts. Wouldn’t mind being out wise to that my self, seeing as how she kinda reminds me o’ someone.”
    "...It's fine."

Ultimately, Zerah just closes his eyes and sighs at his misfortune... It is not the first time his more naive viewpoint has been manipulated a bit, indeed, all of these social games are something that he was never particularly good at, getting to where he is purely through radiating a sense of pure chivalry about himself, a manifest knight of the old ages in the modern day, and...

"The squires will stop him in the end anyway, they always win."

...since he seems to understand that much, perhaps he's not quite as naive as appearances suggest?

Nevertheless...

Quote Originally Posted by DTG
    ”Ma’am.” The blond man added looking straight at Dejah. “Don’t reckon we ever got proper introduced. I’m just your average dick, but at your service anyhow.”
    "Yes, the detective, I've heard a bit about you."

Dejah's response is a simple curtsy.

The polite mannerisms of a noble born lady.

"But as for how long I've been wandering around, well... I suppose one could say I'm not wandering around at all," gesturing at her form, the girl's smile remains somewhat enigmatic, "This body is just an avatar. My real self is a sword you see, it lacks legs, makes it quite hard to move... That's why my old wielder here is confused about my appearance, I projected myself as a more humanoid form..."

A pause, then:

"...After getting cut out of my body by viral attack. To be more specific, I'm operating at around 10% capacity as a thought-form currently, a sort of data-ghost."

She doesn't seem particularly concerned about this rather extreme claim, but-!

"As a projection, I only have so much access to my own functions, so I came to see if I could recruit the knights into helping me find myself. My body can't be destroyed, just disabled, so it's more of a matter of just finding where it is... And since I'm here, I'm pretty sure it crashed on this island somewhere..."

Looking back and forth between you and Zerah (who lets out a vague hiss like noise at the girl's description of her circumstances) the girl cheerfully...

"...Not that I'm particularly worried about it mind you, no permanent damage can be done to me. It does, however, make accessing my directives sort of inconvenient... It seems I had some sort of ongoing task I hadn't finished yet at the time of being attacked, so going back and finding out what it was seems like it should be my current top priority."

She laughs.

"It felt like I should take the vampire along too, so I did, you see? Trust one's instincts, as it were..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Saya
    "...Just don't tell Chris about it, it'll be fine."
    "Thanks, Saya-san... but I think I'll have to."

While Daisuke is grateful that his mistake isn't being held against him, that isn't the same as letting it drift away.

"My sensors have never gone crazy like this over someone before. This whole time there's been data generated in abnormally large amounts, insisting that something's terribly wrong. But there's no basis for it in reality. If I'm malfunctioning like that, it's something Chris needs to know about, especially considering the mission soon. And besides, she's already disappointed in me after the last time..."

Maybe the young COMP is just cursed to have strange interactions with women, his buddy included. The past month has been a string of rocky encounters, ever since Lexie landed on him that one morning. Perhaps her weight had knocked something loose.

As he is about to continue his explanation, Daisuke's avatar pauses. It does not form a surprised expression; he is too actually surprised to send the code for such it. Instead he freezes in place, for several CPU cycles, as all of his processing power is suddenly used to comprehend the information before him. When he comes to, the shocked boy can only repeat a single name:

"Sakurako?"

Seconds earlier, as Aislyn flips open the large book...

"I'm n-not that interested in it... I was more interested in why you were carrying something like that around in the first place, r-really! I've got something similar, but it's all in here." He points to his head, where everything he sees and hears is stored and sorted as data. "But if it's just something like that, then it's... fine..."

Daisuke weakly protests. But his words are ignored as the pages settle on a list of names he can't help but observe.

And when he does, his mind momentarily blanks.

Why?

Why is that name there?

Was she a customer? That girl, who was antisocial and only came out at night, had come here? Or had it been a meeting under different circumstances?

His buddy had once said something nice and meaningful that might have been relevant here, but Daisuke hadn't bothered recording it at the time; even if it's a cool line, it stops being cool when you're just using it to complain about low drop rates.

"Ai-chan, it's not embarrassing at all. Wanting to make memories is a beautiful thing. Keeping them close to heart is even better. It's nice that you can do that even without a COMP, but..."

He looks up.

Daisuke's eyes are wider than ever.

Among the other names, some are familiar. Fairchild is the name of the leader of the Rose Cross, and Amamiya is someone he recalls in a few SDCD training sessions. But only this one captures his attention instantly and completely.

What had it been again, that Chris had said?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokujima Chris
    "Sometimes what you're looking for will drop into your lap. Sometimes a precious thing will vanish before your eyes. The cause of such extraordinary events can be either coincidence or the result of someone's actions. Sometimes those are your actions, or seem like yours, but sometimes they aren't. There's no such thing as fate or destiny, only action and reaction, regardless of what gods and demons and ascended intelligences might claim. So if it ever feels like there's some higher power guiding you, some hand pushing you forward along a certain path or arranging for an abnormal number of 'coincidences'... then there is, and it's not a higher power at all. Don't forget, Daisuke: such a force might call itself enemy or a ally, but in the end, it just wants to use you. Regardless of its intention, that force is not your friend. At best, it considers you a piece to moved along a chessboard. So if you're unsure, reject it. A choice you don't understand, a decision that's not yours - that's no choice at all."
    Coincidence or manipulation - it's still too early to say.

So he points, one finger reaching out and touching a single signature on the page.

"...could you tell me how you know Kurogane Sakurako?"

Blog Entries
    Hiyori
    SLEIPNIR - Bottom Level, Genesis's Lab/Engine Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

---In the end, Xavier is forced to retreat from the group expedition as well; getting a brief call over his COMP to move to the Command Deck at the request of the Commander, the blue-haired doctor had simply sighed aloud to himself, made some mutterings about 'what fool has hurt themselves now,' and excused himself with his usual firm politeness, the automatic mannerisms of a man who had been raised rather well, unconscious signs of nobility shining through when he wasn't purposefully messing around with you, and so...

Now, it's just you, Lucia, and her COMP...

...COMP who has manifested in a manner similar to you, a standby form that was akin to a small doll...

A small doll with blonde-hair, a witch-hat, and a super tiny broom...

Naturally, it is an adorable sight, it is also an unexpected sight. When Tamers are together, it is not particularly uncommon for their COMPs to keep to themselves at first, in fact, a large number of them won't even bother introducing themselves over the first or even the second meeting with someone, content to simply exist with their User alone until the other party proved themselves as someone that will be "hanging around for awhile," of course, you had also heard of chat rooms where A.I's simply speak amongst themselves but, well...

This was the Rothschild, it wouldn't be too surprising if their COMPs were about as reclusive as they their users, but...

"Haha! Shoulder ride!"

...This one is remarkably cheerful, almost unprofessionally so...

Indeed, sitting on Lucia's shoulder and kicking her feet in a manner similar to a small child, the tiny doll-esque girl waves at you after she appears, a tiny ball of energy that had clearly been suppressing itself up until now, and had finally decided to hell with such things, or perhaps...

She had been inspired by your brazenness?

Regardless-!

"Come ride too!"

She makes that declaration at you, a method of suggestion that basically comes off as a request, an aggressive form of befriending that is not dissimilar to kids randomly calling out to something they think is cool at lunch, and-!

"..."

That is how a sighing Lucia, one of Roth's many masters of the stone face...

Has two tiny dolls cheerfully riding on her shoulders as she strides into Genesis's Lab, or as many of the other agents called it...

The "junkyard."

Not because it wasn't the laboratory of a talented Spirit Smith, oh no, being one of the original sources of COMP technology, an android that had been found alongside this ship, and whose design was the basis for almost all Spirit Suppression Weapons that existed in the modern day, Genesis was certainly a genius, a one-of-a-kind individual, an OOPart who was effectively as valuable as the ship itself in a certain sense, but...

His room was a mess, his laboratory was a mess...

Seeing value in basically all discarded technology, the android is known to hoard things, hoard things so much that his -massive- room is effectively a junkyard, filled with towering scraps and random items galore, yes...

It's certainly a place.

Hard to find things in here, although when you do they might be rather interesting...

Of course, even though today is the day where he should be presenting himself at the meeting ground with everyone else, Genesis is still quite present in his lab...

"No. No more feeding scraps into you, you are an unclassified phenomena, yes? Show me something new, and perhaps this decision will change."

Encountered: Genesis

You can hear him before you can see him, talking to someone, or rather...

Yelling at someone, judging by the strength of his voice... Although rather than hear anyone talk back to him, you hear...

Flames.

Yes.

Just flames.

"No no, I do not care if devouring others is how you grow in strength, that is not an appealing factor to me in this instance... To be frank, that is actually what I'm wary of, yes? The others say they cannot understand your speech, but I can understand you quite well, flames of the furnace that has seemingly installed itself in my room. Are you attempting to hypnotize me into feeding you now? I do not succumb to mental interference, you will bounce off of me, I'm afraid!"

Because he's yelling into the open heart of a furnace.

A massive furnace, and one that you don't quite remember being installed here before...

Nevertheless... It is quite the odd scene...

Even more so when...

"Ah! It is Lucia and the little ones! Welcome, welcome! You are just in time!"

He turns to the three of you with open arms as you enter, Lucia's expression one of light confusion and worry as...

The android shows no signs of finding his conversation with a furnace alarming...

"The furnace is attempting to convince me I am malfunctioning, you see? But you can hear it too, no? I am not crazy, yes?"

...What.

A talking furnace?

Lucia's expression becomes even more concerned at this, as she glances at the flames, flames that are simply crackling and popping as flames are known to do, and you sort of agree with that expression at first, especially when her COMP jumps up and declares that Genesis "is in fact crazy," but...

SEN Check: Success

...Now that you were really listening to it, well...

There was a sound... Sort of like whispering... Coming from the flames, -something about wanting to be fed, and how you should definitely throw yourself into it- but well...

Getting involved with this sort of thing is often a ticket to a painful day, albeit...

Not an uncommon one for Tamers...

...Might be best to just ask him what you came for and then...

Leave him to...

Whatever this is...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    DTG
    Avalon ~ Camelot, Tintagel Gardens
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

..........The DTG was an existence entirely different then his wielder. When it came to the hard from whom an entirely unappetizing smell was drifting from the vicinity of, in defiance of the efforts of the squires and their assorted COMP supports, the DTG did not exhibit the same response to external stimuli.

To put that another way, when spoken to by the refined, if childlike apparition who dubbed herself a data ghost, it was a near certainty that the Kingdom’s Bard would have responded in some incorrigible, flirtatious fashion designed to charm and emotionally disarm.

The detective COMP?

*flick*

there was a metallic click as the white haired man popped a cheap metallic zippo and lit an even cheaper cigarette that lacked a filter and might well have been hand rolled.

There was actually a spirited discussion on Raz’s fan site about whether or not the DTG a having a smoke represented yet another one of his many “loading” prompts or if the surly detective actually drew some sort of computational pleasure from the action. Probably nobody knew for sure except the fedora clad man, and maybe his wielder.

After a moments thought, he turned and spoke to a much younger person...but it wasn’t the flighty yet dignified princess.

”First things first kiddo,” the detective COMP said, blowing an irregular smoke ring at the renowned swordsman, “ain’t matter to much how big a ruscoe you are shootin’ or how fast you can get it out of the holster if a two-bit dime-store candy-ass crooner batting his peepers can shake you up. You need some training rookie, and not the type that involves swinging around your pig sticker neither.”

”As for you toots, you ain’t on my case load, and I don’t work pro bono, so good luck to you...”

At that, the second generation COMP took a deep swag of his cigarette that may have been to conceal a self critical sigh of defeat.

“...Is what I would like to say. But your name has some strange similarities with someone else I know. Plus I guess I’m a sucker for a dame. So I guess I can’t act like you never put a shadow on my door, aye?”

At that, he couldn’t help but shrug.

”Well, doubt I ain’t telling you nothing what hasn’t already beat feet across your pretty lil’ head and all, but your hum dinger in crime over there, the one who I can only reckon’ is currently thanking the good lord that she don’t eat nothin’ what doesn’t come out of some sap’s neck came a rolling on in horse, saddle and all from a place that isn’t here right? Conservation o’ mass still applies to magic too. You can get around it but ain’t easy. Anyway, if I were to fire a blind bullet I might wonder if when she was comin’ through the door, that body of yours was goin’.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds
    Heat: Reset! Back to 0!
    Air: 4 Rounds Left!

---Once again, the eruption of flames beneath the surface of the once pitch-black lake.

Showing no hesitation in your movements, or perhaps, simply driven by the same sort of primal instinct that has mothers fighting to the death to procure nourishment for their children, you accept the inevitability of your opponent's resistance, and drive yourself straight towards the demonic crab like a creature possessed, a certain sort of madness in your eyes that some might say would be fitting for a half-demon, here in the world of chaos, where the rules of nature reign supreme, yes-!

Intent on following that primal rule to it's original conclusion, of the winner literally devouring the user, it's certainly a clash fitting of the Demonic Server, one that sends ripples and waves screeching across the surface of a lake that you cannot see, the clash of supernatural beings beginning to tear apart the world around them, as such fights are always destined to do-!

"...!"

Certainly, the giant crab is surprised by the brazenness of your approach; as a demon, as a crystallization of a concept, of a story that exists in the human unconscious, it sees itself as far superior to the simple wildlife in this world, it is a superior entity, a true supernatural being, and yet-!

And yet-!

That bravado is seemingly crushed under a reckless charge-!

The flames of a dragon seem to bathe the entity in it's entirety, and indeed, it does recoil from it; it's only natural, ironically enough, these flames that served as proof of your mixed blood, an inherent mark of your innate connection to Demon-Kind, are a power that itself rejects the supernatural-!

---In a sense, it is a flame that is at it's strongest against 'magic.'

An affinity granted by the father rather than the mother perhaps, but one that exists all the same-!

The purity of it's blood, it's existence as a demon, such things simply make it a more enticing target for them, one that they are better able to destabilize, and thus-!

The grasp of pincers that attempt to crush you, the brute force strength with which you resist-! With your body floating in the water as it is, it's difficult for you to brace yourself against anything to truly push back against the crab and it's (admittedly monstrous) strength, but even as that strength overcomes your momentum, swinging you around with reckless abandon, they are also unable to crush you.

Indeed, they are unable to shake you off either.

---So you pour the flames on.

Some say that crabs scream when they're being boiled alive, of course this isn't quite the case, it's simply air escaping violently from it's shell due to the temperatures, but...

You can hear that screech, or rather, that not screech, as the flames pour over it's massive body.

In terms of mythological presence, the crab known as Karkinos isn't quite that special... It had appeared against Heracles to aid the Hydra, and had been effectively stomped to death more or less instantly, far less of a threat to the great hero of myth than the gargantuan serpent with which he had been previously entangled, in that regard, this sort of one-sided battle is ironically fitting for it.

To appear only to lose instantly...

Yes.

One could be forgiven for thinking the fight would go that simply, that cleanly, however...

---Even blinded by pain, even while being burned alive, it's nature as a Demon is that of one that is not truly stopped by pain; the agony that crosses it's body is familiar, it's the agony of an eternal existence, of meeting it's end over and over and over again within this World, constantly brought back to life by the thoughts of humans. It's the 'immortality' possessed by Demonkind, a form of resurrection that will see them return to life so long as a single 'memory' of them exists, albeit, with the time it takes to do so dependent on a number of different factors.

But that is not important right now.

What is important on the other hand, is that this enemy is no stranger to pain, indeed...

It continues thinking even as it is being boiled alive, and it's answer-!

---A cold feeling shoots through your core, starting at the point of contact with the crab, namely...

Your hands.

There are certain forms of magic that require a physical touch to be successful, and in this case, when it can't shake your grip off, well...

It might as well take advantage of that same grip, that unwillingness to let go-!

[Debilitate! (Spirit Type Spell) Conditions Fulfilled!]
    [Natural Resistance Overcome! Blaise's STR, VIT, AGI lowered by one rank! (Three Turns!)]

---You lose power in your arms.

It's just a bit of power, a consequence of your supernatural nature being shackled suddenly, unexpectedly, by the binding magic of a demon, and-!

---It starts to overcome you.

If the two of you were similar in strength before, now that it had the edge, those pincers that you had been holding back suddenly become akin to guillotine blades once again, trembling arms threatening to give away, and-!

You retreat.

Automatically, out of instinct, to keep it from tearing into your body with those blade-like claws, you force your body down and away from the enclosing guillotine that you feel might just be able to pierce your skin -surging with Reiki as it is- and-

-the failed cut becomes an extended blow.

It doesn't hurt, not really.

As a half-hearted sort of attack, an extension of it's claws to hit you with something when it's pincers had failed it, it's the sort of blow that really only moves you away from it and little else, the laws of inertia slamming you into a nearby cliff face, a brief pang of pain erupting through your body since Kaguya was away, but-!

That's not the threat.

No.

What comes next is the threat.

Crimson light and surging bubbles.

A spell becoming manifest in the jaws of the entity, and one that, unlike the curse currently inhibiting your body...

You do not recognize.

But you do hear something like a laugh...

As a compressed crimson sphere -looking much like a bubble of swirling winds- is fired towards you with all the sound and force of a freight train.

New Abilities Seen!

Name: Karkinos/Carcinus
    Type: Demon, Beast

Stats

STR: A
    VIT: B

Spells

-Oxygen Destroyer (?)-
    Element: Wind
    ???
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Halls
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

"I noticed this morning, it just sort of came to me all of a sudden."

Astra's answer is a tired one.

The answer of someone who is just as confused by it as you, who doesn't hold any real answers as to the why, and can simply only confirm that the oddity was indeed a real one...

It is strange.

A week of time that is both present and missing, something that you could certainly remember living through to a degree, but where the placement of exact dates has become an impossible task... It's strange for a number of reasons, for one, someone of your skillset and experience should certainly not be having this sort of trouble with your memory, and even the worst case most paranoid scenario -that is, this being the result of someone doing something to your head through magic- is one that you're relatively resistant to, it shouldn't be easy to interfere with your thoughts, but...

Up until now, you hadn't questioned it.

Almost like it hadn't been a problem for you until just now, or rather, because you were incapable of noticing it for some reason...

Yes.

It's quite strange.

Quite strange indeed, and thus, you think about it harder...

Harder...

Racking your brains as if you could rip the answer out of yourself with sheer perseverance, and-

How strange...

---Well, it was certainly a plan, you could say that much about it.

It was crazy, completely over the top, dependent on a number of theories that were just that, theories.

The replication of a miracle.

Of course, it's not like there's much choice either.

Doing nothing certainly wouldn't help the situation, and this was crazy, but...

Xanadu had done crazier things.

Besides...

Isn't it a Tamer's job to save people?

...Some sort of memory does come to the surface of your mind, of course...

You have no idea what it is... Some sort of scene from a movie you had watched once? One of the many childhood memories you had blocked out? Some sort of residual memory from your mental contact with your sister?

Impossible to say.

Especially because that memory is fading away again as quickly as it had appeared, like water seeping through a sieve and returning to the bottle...

"...Of course, you're not the first person I've told, but they seem to have trouble holding onto the information."

Astra is still talking to you, so you refocus your efforts...

"I half expect you to forget I told you anything about it in a few minutes."

Although her words continue to be... Strange...

As for Rhea, well...

'...As you can probably guess now, she's bothered by this ongoing phenomena,' the A.I's mental voice is as calm and matter of fact as always, although the hint of suspicion has lessened a bit, 'It seems a fair enough reason to be lost in thought, no?'
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Simulator
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

The city is strange. It’s like someone cut up the world and stitched it together as a patchwork quilt. Or like someone heard of a melting pot but stopped stirring halfway through. He’d been in many a multicultural city, but never one quite so discordant upon getting a good look at it - not even when a gate to Hell had opened under New York City, forcing the President to play arcane 11th-dimension board games for the rights to its chronospatial coordinates. It’s an odd setting, but not one that he’ll be seeing much of much longer. Let’s get those two out of here.

Logan begins interfacing with the structure, attention focused on its digital depths. So it’s not a simulation at all, but a 5D video? That makes this safer than I thought, but seals off a lot of escape options. Normally I’d just access a menu, but there’s no software for that in this repurposed simulator, so I’ll have to manually shut down the file. ‘End of Rev’, huh. What does that stand for? Revolution? Reversal? Revile? Revoke?

Actualization of Reverie Complex.

Something to think about later. Let’s stop this replay now-

The wind tugs at Logan as he hangs from the clock face, kneading beads of sweat into clammy skin. He whips his body around to stare into the dusk, hands clenched and heart thudding like a brick in a washer. Fireworks erupt overhead, lighting up the sky like a meteor shower but Logan ignores them because once again there is someone behind him.

"...Aren't you in quite the rush?"
    : Logan, she’s the real deal.

There’s a spectral girl floating in the air of pale teal and brilliant eyes. Is she the one who overwhelmed him and Amelia just now? Is she the one who sealed him in this reproduction of an end? Is she the secret Amelia’s holding? He’s not sure, and that’s unpleasant. He’s never seen her before, but he gets the feeling that she’s different from other things he’s never seen before.

"You humans are always in such a rush, slow down, take in the sights, you'll die young of stress if you keep this up, you know?"
    Logan frowns. Hearing the same message twice is one thing, but he can’t feel the warmth that Yamuna had. He can’t get a read on this girl, so there’s only one thing to do.

“Who are you? Did you do this? If so, why?”

Amelia
    Strange City, Simulator
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

...My designation is Eve. Portions of my memory have been damaged, likely due to prolonged exposure to a hostile phenomena, remaining files indicate my body was compromised for days, long-term damage to my cognitive systems was inevitable.
    “Tch.” Of course it’d be hardware damage. So much for sending her a patch.

"And Ruina...? Ruina is… My home? I lived there with Administrator Sakura and... Some others... I can't remember..."
    “Tch.” Still, the damage is one thing but what’s with her protocols? Forget the Information Age, they’re practically Stone Age. Is this Ruina place some sort of weird-ass cult underground bunker? Did that hermit crab scuttle out of a sewer with Eve away from this Sakura into the SDCD by mistake? Amelia sighs.

“An Administrator? That’s a good sign; means that someone’s looking for you. People can do a lot when they put their minds to it, after all. In the meantime you’re here right now, so the smiths around should be able to fix what’s broken in you at least. Dunno if they can recover any lost files though. Here in particular is th-” Amelia pauses suddenly.

“Good news and bad news. Good news, this place is pretty much a video so it’s harmless. You can leave Sleeping Grumpy in a gutter somewhere and she’ll be fine. Bad news, think we found the jerk responsible for this and while no one’s slinging spells yet I’m not liking the odds.” There’s a softer sigh. “Your companion there wanted you away from prying eyes, so feel free to stay out of this if you like. But she closed her eyes to all of this, so she can’t complain if things don’t go her way.”

Spoiler:
    Auto-Skill: Revitalize
    Spells Set: ???, ???, ???, Eye of the Fates, ???, Phantasm Step
    Spells Used: Eye of the Fates
    Heat: 3/10
    Stamina: 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Halls
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---It doesn't make sense.

The memory that fades in and out, it's different somehow. If what the Inheritor faces is requires it, it's certainly not strange for Ludwig to act on a 'plan' based on pure theories. Nor is it strange for the boy to focus on the Tamer's task of saving others, last night's events showed both of these behaviors quite thoroughly yet...

The replication of a miracle?

Xanadu?

These two pieces of what is best described as an ethereal daydream, make no sense to Ludwig.

Neither the sword of the Messiah nor the designation of the world that carry this name are known to him, at least not at this time…

Which only leaves him with theories and suspicions, meaning…

…Nothing good.

"They lost their memories while you were still speaking with them?"

The silver haired ESPer raises an eyebrow out of curiosity. The more Astra speaks of this strange matter the more interesting it becomes, so this knowledge being lost within minutes shouldn't happen either.

"Well, I've been told rather often that I'm the type that can't let a mystery go easily... so perhaps I'll be fine. It does beckon the question, doesn't it?"

Without losing his stoic, serious expression, the Karlfeldt gazes in Astra's eyes. Eyes that show a glint of continued interest, unfortunately it isn't the kind of look that a boy would normally give to a girl he's interested in.

"How is it that you keep your memories, as others forget them within minutes...?"

But those eyes last but for a moment, as a softer and kinder gaze quickly overwrites that same curiosity. A sigh rolls on out as the boy closes his eyes in annoyance.

"Ugh, none of this is making sense, sorry. The only person I can think of that might know more is... probably hiding from me after last night's events."

As a powerful Demon and a Trickster God, Loki may possibly be aware that something is happening. Something that normal humans can neither notice nor remember suggests a certain phenomena is working against them.

Even lacking that knowledge however, Loki certainly seems the type to figure out what's going on before others catch on... even if he only would use this ability to prank unsuspecting victims...

"You'd better tell the Commander, although if I really only have minutes of remembrance left I don't want to waste time..."

'To tell you the truth Rhea, I don't like it when Lud gets some silly idea in his head. What I like even less is when his paranoid gut feeling turns out to be right...

Oh well, I'll give Ludwig an experience he won't enjoy after this given his treatment of Astra anyway~. These bad habits need some correction, at any rate you have my thanks.'

Hopefully with Rhea somewhat satisfied, Lydia slips in some thoughts in Ludwig's mind.

The big sister did after all just gain some insight into the mystery that is Fujimoto Chiyoko.

Lud, given that this seems time-related you maaay want to ask Chiyoko about this too.

…Why?

Would you trust me if I said it's because she smells of time?

…Very well, I'll try. Can you open a communications channel between Astra and me?

Request sent!

"...Race you to them?"

Loki would most likely not be able to help himself with the new Tamers coming in today, so he should be a lot easier to find once they arrive compared to now.

And Vincent the local dream expert also disappeared to somewhere, so asking him will also be delayed...

---A delay at a time like this however could mean that this memory too falls away, forgotten in time.

Lydia, make an admin doc for me will you... There's somethings I need to write down...

;___; Secrets from even me now huh...

You know it's just a precaution.

Daydream/Reverie.txt
    File created: 11/16/2026

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Halls
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

"...It does raise that question, yes."

When confronted with the idea that her own ability to remember is odd if everyone else forgets, the silver-haired Tamer simply raises her eyebrow in a 'duh' sort of way, as if what you had just said was incredibly obvious...

Of course, it was rather obvious, but...

There are times when things should be said aloud, and it had sorta felt like one of those times?

Regardless...

"Can't think of why that might be... Unless this is some sort of thing where you have to remember on your own or it slips away from you? Magic can be annoying like that at times, although something of this large a scale... Well... I don't know."

Naturally, since humanity has evolved their understanding of magic to the point where it is essentially a form of science -the science of magical theory specifically- the number of forms arcane phenomena can take nowadays are about as infinite as one's determination to make their formula work... It might take awhile, sometimes years even, but you could normally figure out how to do something if you were determined enough with common magic theory, barring particularly ridiculous phenomena that shattered the 'common sense' of the World completely, things like traveling through time for instance, or the operation of parallel universes, which -while proven to be possible- require factors that common magic theory cannot provide, and would require delving into the much more murky realm of conceptual magics, mass cognition theory (which itself was a form of conceptual magic) or brute forcing it with a non magical science...

...Point being, most things are possible, the idea of someone messing around with people's minds on a mass scale might be somewhat difficult, but it was by no means unthinkable, something could be going on here, and so...

...When it comes to a race, the girl simply motions for you to go on ahead of her and she'll follow. Considering the sigh she lets out before doing it, it's hard to say if she simply finds the suggestion itself childish or is simply continuing to be wary around you, but...

She does follow.

It's not that far of a walk either, you hadn't gotten too far from the room anyway, so it's a simple matter to turn back from whence you came, to at least warn two of the more decidedly inhuman members of the ship that something strange was going on, and perhaps get some guidance on what to do about it from them, report to one's superior officers as it were, but...

"...Didn't you say they were in here?"

...When you arrive, pushing open the door that was cracked in exactly the same way it had been last time, there are no more sounds coming from inside of that room, no...

It's silent.

Completely silent.

The lights are still on, everything seems to be in working order at a glance, but no one is home.

Not only that... It's not just this room either...

Now that you think about it, yes...

The rest of the ship has gone oddly silent as well...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Halls
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---It continues to not make any sense.

"...Astra, please tell me that the other people you spoke to regarding this didn't suddenly stop responding to you."

As Ludwig entertains a grim theory, his COMP AI Lydia manifests herself properly at once.

"Lud, no, bad! Use that head of yours and think of something else."

Her expression is as annoyed as Astra's at this stage, as she too realizes something is incredible amiss currently.

Because she was here mere minutes ago... and they went on to chat about personal matters.

They shouldn't have left so quickly, no even before that, the door is open in the exact way it was when those two still spoke...

It'd be extremely difficult to replicate that if they did leave-!

Or at least so the AI thinks to herself.

Meanwhile Ludwig's mind races, that ever serene ocean begins to see a storm brewing.

Lost in another Dream?

Stuck in Time?

A phase shift?

…Devoured?

"Astra I'm 100% positive that both Chiyoko and the Commander were here just a few minutes ago! U-uuu-uuh let me think..."

Somehow, even faced with what seems like a possibly dire situation the Karlfeldt Tamer's expression doesn't diminish for a moment. Coldly stoic he eyes his fellow Tamer, a different thought jumping in...

A rather unpleasant one, for her.

"We have a few options. First and foremost you should try and see if you can connect with anyone from the ship, but I'm not exactly hopeful.

Yes, outside communication would alleviate a lot of concerns currently running through the Inheritor's mind. However the phenomena in question that could have caused this... 'disconnection' are ones that Ludwig believes wouldn't allow this.

Of course, he doesn't know what's causing this, but his mind is resourceful and inquisitive enough to come up with a myriad of possibilities.

"I'd like to make sure a certain place still exists down in Brewed Awakenings, but before that... any ideas you may have?"

This situation really doesn't help the suspicions Astra may or may not have about Ludwig, so giving her the time to lash out seems only fair.

Somehow both have gotten themselves into something most mysterious after all...

"I'll be completely honest with you, while I haven't looked inside your mind out of respect... if this is anything akin to what Alexia did before I might need to make a connection to get at least you out of this..."

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Halls
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

"..."

At first, Astra says nothing in response to your words.

While the silver-haired girl lacks your extra-sensory perception, her sixth sense is still amongst the sharpest of the Tamers on this ship; yes, the girl has a knack for knowing when a situation is about to go bad... Of course, that sense is one that most Tamers develop over time, a subconscious reading of the world around them that manifests as bad feelings from time to time, and...

"...Rhea."

...In this case, when she senses it, the 'off' feeling, her initial response is to simply kneel down, placing one finger on the ground beneath her, a brief flicker of light erupting from the digit as she closes her eyes.

It's a common enough spell, one that you can recognize on sight...

Yes.

Structural grasp...

Right away, training taking over, her first move is to examine the structures around herself... No, it was more likely that she was looking for 'vibrations,' the slightest feel of footsteps, a sign that anyone else may in fact be around, and...

"...Tch..."

...Ultimately, it seems the attempt is unsuccessful, however...

"No. No one I told about it disappeared."

She shakes her head, dispelling the notion -or at least weakening it a bit- then-

"...Something is going on here though, the ship can't be compromised like this."

It's an insane notion, the amount of barriers on this place was insane, but-

"You got any shield formulas? Barriers? Auto-skills? Anything?"

-as if deciding that such a thought could be pushed aside for now, the girl turns her gaze back to you.

The tired look is gone, after all...

Fatigue could wait.

"If so, use them now. Considering the ship's layout... Straightforward attacks to take advantage of the hallways and the strength of the walls... Maybe some sort of gun... I'll walk you to the Coffee Shop if you want, but my head remains off limits."

...Seems like she's assuming worst case scenarios here...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Halls
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

"Understood."

There's no point trying to argue.

The Karlfeldt focuses for a moment as Lydia returns, his auto-skills firing up and---

--The air darkens around them.

Or perhaps rather than just the air... the world around those two shifts and changes. The walls erode away, the ground beneath them is lost as a murky dark liquid washes over it.

Light fades out quickly, devoured by a Virtual Shift.

One reality overtakes another.

"Don't worry, this'll only take a second."

Ludwig's face betrays nothing of his intent, no fear or hesitation can be found on that mask.

And as quickly as it disappeared, faint light returns in the distance. Tiny dancing lights fly and flicker in the distance, starlight enters the world as the nebula of the cosmos opens up, the stars of old overlooking and welcoming the new saviors and heroes, the champions of man.

They too swell in a growing light soon enough, as their very magical prowess covers their bodies in an effort to protect them from harm.

This is Ludwig's strongest Auto-skill, one he doesn't utilize often considering how draining it is...

But, if nothing else this may reveal that which the eye could not normally see...

Lydia?

Casting!

A secondary layer forms as the Karlfeldt Inheritor beholds his inner world...

"Nothing, as expected..."

With the dawn of... nothing appearing differently than it should, the world quickly fades.

Once more the silver haired boy looks towards his fellow silver haired companion.

"Alright, let's be off."

Wise up!

Spells used: Makarakarn
    Spells prepared: Megido line, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, Makakarn
    Auto Skill: Battle Aura (Sea)
    Rank B
    Further details of this ability are as of yet, unknown.