Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    SDCD Dorms - Chris' Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

A string of curses and childish anger streams down the screen. Words that Mokujima Chris knows very well the appropriate response to. It's worrying, that such a person is in charge of such power. They need to be set straight before further foolishness.

She cannot respond, though. The laptop now lies atop the bed in a corner of the dimly-lit room, its cursor blinking slowly. Another situation has taken priority, one that Mokujima Chris cannot afford to approach one-handed, so she has set it aside for the moment.

The arm that had been holding up the machine now slots the last Agilao bolt into the crossbow, just as the mirror image of its wielder draws an intricately decorated gun from its holster. Both weapons are simultaneously raised, pointed, and-.

A pause. Two identical pairs of eyes look at each other.

"..."

"..."

It's impossible to know what someone else is thinking, without some sort of magical ability. That also goes for doppelgangers, especially ones with such clear differences between them. But it's possible to guess. In this silence, both must be wondering the same thing: What is she thinking, and how long do I have?

Taking in the others' appearance. The similarities and differences. Turning them into a story. A theoretical history, accounting for the differences between them.

The other self is in a better position here. She wields stronger weapons and a plethora of support items, most of which Chris had only wished she could build. Without Daisuke there to take up most of the time and resources, had she spent them on strengthening herself instead? Against that unknown, the only real weapon Chris has is her crossbow, which pales in comparison. She'll have to somehow score a debilitating injury against a superior version of herself, with nothing more than a D-rank Agi spell.

Tricky, but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokujima Chris?
    "...Lock Primus? Neat."
    "...need to change it. Wasn't meant for this."

Her doppelganger at least seems more amenable to conversation than Logan's. Unlike his it didn't go for the kill immediately, initially avoiding combat instead of attacking from his blind spot or going after Aleta. (Possibility of Aleta actually being Aleta's doppelganger, and the others buying time for her, is non-zero.) However, Mokujima Chris knows better. Words are a weapon. One she does not often use, and only after firepower has failed. Her leg throbs and trembles, muscles aching as blood drips onto the floor. Had she been a split second slower, her knee would be completely gone, Harmonizer be damned. That was an ambush meant to mercilessly cut off means of movement, not a warning shot. The other Chris is not soft.

Is it possible that they need not fight each other? Yes. Especially if the other Chris is a unique individual with her own thoughts and motivations.

Is there a way to come to an understanding without putting someone's life in danger? Unlikely. Blood has been shed and trust cannot be built.

Is it worth giving that unlikely opportunity a shot? Perhaps, perhaps not. Especially considering all the enemies she has already accumulated today.

Power to the room was cut off, so it is lit only by dozens of small, flickering power lights from the electronics scattered about, as well as the screen of the laptop and the half-closed door to the outside. It is like they are both amidst the stars... if 'the stars' includes several pieces of Raz Stone memorabilia, lit up by display lights that for some reason she'd decided to put on a separate power grid.

The Chris emboldened by song voices her decision first.

"I'm bringing you in."

Battle is unavoidable. Defeat is unacceptable. She has to win, here and now-!

Yet, though her muscles tense, and eyes narrow, and she prepares to recklessly dive into melee... the arrow remains nocked. The trigger has yet to be pulled.

Mokujima Chris narrows her eyes, her senses on high alert, ready to move the moment the other woman tries anything funny. Until then, or at least for the next few seconds before the inevitable bloodbath, she won't shoot. She won't charge in on her aching leg to fight the opponent up close.

Because there's something important here. Something so important she can't cast it aside, even if she wanted to.

"...how's Blackrose?"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Tokyo, Aoyama ~ Brick Lane (Rooftops)
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"Mmhm. Got it. Sniper. Won't turn anything off. Eyes wide open."

Daisuke carefully lays Lexie Davis down on the side of the roof, crouching down by her side. All traces of uncertainty have vanished from his movements. His expression, once nearly twisted with rage, is now exceedingly gentle. He speaks as if to a patient. No, a hero, an ally who's doing her best to be brave in a bad situation where even her COMP has been afflicted by some sort of electronic lunacy.

Eyes scan her form. Taking in all the blood and wounds and building a mental profile of her condition. She said regular healing wouldn't work, so switching to the Dia line, even if possible in this state, would likely be ineffective. That leaves her in a precarious situation, all the moreso with the cause of the problem still nearby. Fortunately he can split his attention between her and the surroundings.

At least the rain has stopped.

"You did great, Lexie." The humanoid COMP's remaining hand gently pats the girl's head as he decides what to do next. "And you were super cool, too. Now, next step. This'll be an easy one. I'm gonna do something about those wounds. In the mean time, you gimme a sitrep, okay?" Can't let her lose consciousness, not while bleeding out like that. Keep thinking, stay alert. Gather info. Stabilize. "This won't hurt. Might tingle a bit, though."

Daisuke raises up his remaining hand... and it starts to crackle and glow.

"Zio."

The shining fingers swiftly dim, however. "Setting intensity - five percent. Loading Manuals: Electrocauterization. Electrotherapy. Transcutaneous nerve stimulation." He won't need much. This is a matter of positioning and proper application, not power. He can monitor her condition and modulate their shared Harmonizer field through Active Sync. If magical healing won't work, then he'll just have to do it the hard way.

Daisuke extends his finger towards the site of the cauterized wound. He gently presses into the nerve around it, sending a series of delicate electrical signals to cut off blood flow to the remaining vessels, stimulate release of local endorphins, and dull pain transmission towards the brain. For most humans it would be impossible to perform such a delicate operation, especially given the situation... but for once, Daisuke is glad he isn't a human.

"See? Doesn't hurt as much, right? I'm gonna do the others real quick."

There are numerous wounds in her legs, most of which are still bleeding. Daisuke pokes and prods the area around each one of them, following the procedure manuals to the letter while cross-referencing his knowledge of his ally's body and the signals being sent by the harmonizer field. Even if he can't heal the damage, he can at least stop the bleeding in a non-damaging manner using old-world medical procedures, while dulling the pain so she can think without wanting to scream. Better than just burning it closed or leaving things as-is.

Poke poke poke. Zap zap zap.

"Hey, haven't you've lost a little weight, Lexie?"

Of course, gotta toss in a bad joke too.

Finally, it's been stopped. All except for the last bleeding site. One that his partner showed him a memory of. Except then it had been closed and scarred over.

"Okay, last one. I'll need to get at your back. No weird touches, promise."

His hand snakes up the back of the girl's shirt until it has found the final and nearly largest wound, one that has painted the roof below it red. Why did the old scar open? Was the mere presence of the same weapon that had originally inflicted it enough to open up that old injury? A reactivation of a latent curse? Or is it simply the anti-demon energy wreaking havoc? All questions to answer later.

Fingers sizzling, Daisuke carefully travels around the perimeter of the injury by feel, closing the blood vessels that Lexie herself wouldn't be able to reach, one by one. As he does so he cradles the fallen Tamer to his chest, half out of fear that if he lets go of her again something even worse will happen, and half to calm her should her mental wounds have been opened as well. He does not want to imagine what painful memories have surfaced. Nor does he want his friend to experience them once more.

At last it is done, and the spell ends, hopefully along with most of the pain and bleeding, at least for the moment.

"Now... thanks, History-chan. I got your message."

There's one last thing to do.

Daisuke stands.

He points his hand straight up and calculates a trajectory. Time of day is inaccurate, so he'll need to use the rotation and gravity of the Earth, the visible sky above (accounting for the sun's light pollution), and every other numerical value at his disposal to pinpoint it - as well as the direction Lexie had been looking. Doable for a a COMP. A piece of cake for him.

"Show yourself! Thunder Break - Open Barrel!"

A wide blast of energy, imbued with a spell that eats away at the enemy's resistance, bores a hole through the clouds as it scratches at the sky.

It cannot reach the actual moon, of course - but the enemy may not be there in the first place. After all, if the sniper were firing from as far away as outer space, their shots would be easy to dodge for a Tamer even if they were high-speed railgun slugs or near-instantaneous lasers. Yet the moon theory holds water, and might explain how Lexie is so sure they're watching no matter where he escaped to. She is staring straight up, after all. Which means the sniper must be closer, much closer, close enough to be hit by counter-fire.

The false satellite that has turned the day mad will be felled, if need be.

Wise up!
    Auto-Skill: Active-Sync
    Spells Set: Phantasm Step, Zio, Thunder Break, Spider's Web, ???, ???
    Spells Used: Zio (Rank E), Thunder Break (Rank C) [in conjunction with Wide Shot]
    Actions Used: Wide Shot [D-rank Spirit damage AoE attack]
    Heat: 4/10 (reset!)

Active Sync - C
    An Auto-Skill that links Chris and Daisuke (or a willing ally) together, ensuring their statuses do not diverge. Whenever one of them sustains a condition or injury, it will either only be effective if both of them suffer the same condition (for weaker conditions), or its effect will be divided between them, hitting each for half strength (for stronger conditions). Additionally, by syncing their Harmonizer fields together, they can share their senses and achieve a higher degree of battlefield awareness than normal telepathy. Must be activated by touching a willing ally.

Blog Entries
    Hiyori
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ ??? Residence
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Early Morning

‘Yay!’

At those words, I flew away happily as the comforting fox-woman agreed to cook some hotcakes at my request. My weird longing feeling disappears at her words. While I was tempted to be near her during the cooking, I got the feeling that I would be bothering her as she cooked… If I was Ross, maybe I would’ve been comfortable enough to start cooking in an unfamiliar kitchen, but I knew better to mess with cooking! A single mistake was all it took to take a godly meal into mysterious food x! I wasn’t going to risk that. Nuh uh!

Since that’s the case that means, I should just be around Aunty Lab Coat and Alexia! I carefully and leisurely flew away as Aunty Lab Coat started talking about the actual Apathy Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty Lab Coat
    "Apathy Syndrome is a spiritual illness, I suppose you could say it's caused by the removal or suppression of one's psyche, the mind aspect of the Trinity of the Self... They dealt with it back then by finding out the phenomena that was removing it from people, and nullifying it. I'm not sure about dungeon crawling, but I've been told the culprit was a... Monster of sorts."
    “So I was right! I’m sure the people who took care of the monster had to go through several locations filled with enemies and traps to reach it!”

I’m sure it’s not as straightforward as investigate the big obvious dungeon that appears at the school at night for some reason, but if the case went long enough. I’m sure the monster was roaming all over the place and the people hunting it down had to investigate where it was going all the time.

"The current outbreak is different. Apathy Syndrome is characterized by apathetic or coma-esque behavior, people don't respond to outward stimuli, and while the current cases are similar, it's more like an uncontrollable urge to fall asleep at night. They wake up just fine in the morning, so it's quite strange, not to mention the conflicting reports about whether or not these cases are real at all... Seems to just be some sort of rumor going around, a medical prank, which sorta makes me angry... If it turns out to be a waste of time..."
    “It does seem to be a little weird, but then again rumors are the best ways to nip incidents in the bud before everyone gets hurt! So I think it would be worth the effort! And let’s say it is real, then you could come up with your own cool name for it like... Repose Syndrome!”

I start sagely nodding my head as if I said something significant to Aunty Lab Coat. In the middle of my sagely nods, I start processing what Alexia says.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia
    "Yep yep! Total pain! That's why the leyline method is so much easier, it's like being shot through a tube. No risk of accidentally throwing yourself through the atmosphere because you botched the calculations of the earth's rotation! It being down is gonna hit some businesses pretty hard, and now most long distance transport is back to being vehicle based, a real blast to the past!"
    “In my opinion, teleportation is overrated anyways, especially if it's combat teleports. For some weird reason, all of them keep teleporting behind you with some weird one liner. As for the Pulse Network… Sure it’s great for businesses and all, but if you’re traveling. Nothing beats a good old roadtrip, cruise, or flight! It’s the journey not the destination after all!”

I merely do a thumbs up to Alexia as she winks at me.

"Sucks that we can't help the SLEIPNIR, but eh, running out of fuel in Starnberg Lake might do those uptight kids some good... Won't kill them to relax on the beach for awhile, you know... Have a base that's actually on the ground for once? Not that I don't love the ship. It's my baby."
    Eh?! Whatever happened to the cross factional trip to the North Pole?! Anna wouldn’t disgrace the Roths in front of the other factions by running out of fuel mid trip. Well I guess if someone were to swap her coffee out with decaf for the whole tank, but surely she would notice if someone pulled that. Unless all of that coffee aficionado talk was all just a big bluff this entire time. I start nervously laughing to cover up for my confusion.

“Ahahaha… Knowing those power obsessed boneheads, they’re probably taking the ship stop as a way to practice underwater combat or something… Maybe Tamer Volleyball if they’re banned from that. But it’s still weird that they ended up running out of fuel of all things… Doesn’t seem like a thing Admiral Adala or Anna would forget.”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SDCD Base - Front Gate
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

---All enemy attacks disappear into the maw of Amelia's ability.

Circuits roar in triumph, a symphony of sparks, some of reiki and some of electricity, roaring through the air as you close in on your opponent. While the physical appearance of this other you has become even more divorced now from that of your own, the bizarre crystalline substance clearly adorning his weapon and wounds in some sort of bizarre form of spiritual symbiosis, the intelligent light in his eyes has yet to fade, and the hostility present in that gaze is so pronounced that even a child would be able to feel the disdain radiating off of him...

That's right.

The look on the young man's face holds an obvious distaste for you... While he had kept it sort of neutral to start with, it seems that something in this instance, about this charge towards his person, has incited some bizarre feeling of disdain from him to you, or perhaps...

Much like your earlier attack, you had simply broken through to his true face somehow?

Either way-!

Forward-!

Electricity crackles in your hands, a heavenly spear made manifest to run your opponent through-! Simulations of the future play out before your eyes in that ever-distorted way, the battle between two precognitive beings one that spit in the face of the concept of fate, but-!

The instant it leaves your hand to pierce your foe.

The instant you reach the side of your other self, wanting to be as close as possible to ensure accuracy, is the same instant-

"...Gotcha."

He sneers.

Light flashes before your eyes.

Not from any sort of stun spell your counterpart had cast, no, this light feels like an internal one, dancing across the inside of your eyes themselves.

It's bright.

A vivid flash, and then-

-your right leg is pierced a series of blades.

No, not blades.

Crystals.

Right leg has been disabled, actions that involve the limb in question may be disallowed or fail entirely.
    ??? Corruption

It's not an outer attack. The crystals that erupt from the wound do so from inside of your body, lances of gradient material shooting out from the limb with an almost manic energy, the scent of iron suffocating the air as the sudden injury throws you off balance, lightning spear discharging into the ground next to you as your counterpart grins and darts forward, batting your hand to the side as he does so, as if...

As if he had been expecting this...?

"Well, not that I can blame you for falling for it. Seems like you weren't paying attention-!"

His fist catches you in the face.

A personal attack, not one made for efficiency's sake, but simply to make oneself feel better by hitting someone you dislike, done with a fist not to end the fight faster, but because he could make it take longer this way.

It's that sort of blow.

Throwing you back into a nearby wall along with those words filled with mocking disdain, the pain of the impact is still nothing in comparison to your suddenly perforated limb; the crystals that have formed inside of it are feeding off of your reiki, that much is clear just from the waves of sensation that are rocking through your body, pain and some bizarre noise buzzing at the back of your thoughts, like a radio that hasn't been tuned to a proper station, but-!

How-?!

When?!

Unless...

Was this a trait of his reiki?

A form of poison...? Introduced when you had absorbed it into yourself...?!

"Don't assume I'm like the monsters. It's still us in here, at least for the most part."

He chuckles.

There's no humor in it.

"Time to focus on me, me. Don't look away. No time to worry about anyone else."

He starts walking towards you.

Slowly, casually, as if he is certain you can't actually get away and...

Amidst the noise at the back of your thoughts, the static flowing through your mind from those strange parasitic crystals...

Hey.

You hear another sound, quiet but familiar.

That of the girl from the simulator room.

Take out your COMP's plume right now. The more you struggle here, the more that stuff is gonna spread, understand? We gotta force it out in one go.

She makes a quiet demand in a soft voice, then...

"..."

Makes one more demand afterwards, one only you are allowed to hear, and one...

That typically results in the death of the fool that tries it.

That would overload your body.

No doubt about it, but...

Logan (?)

Blue of Soul

-Fluorite-Shifting-
    A spiritual mutation acquired due to the presence of ???, taking the place of the original Blue of Soul possessed by Logan Starbright. Turns one's reiki into a corruptive force, capable of settling itself in the body of an opponent through use of direct attack magic or the opponent themselves voluntarily absorbing these spells. This corruptive force feeds off of the reiki of the host in order propagate further, often resulting in painful physical mutations to the target. Use of magic speeds up this process. In the case that an opponent directly absorbs the magic [further details unknown.]

Last edited by Airen; August 20th, 2021 at 01:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Obake-Baasan's Bathhouse
    11/16/2026
    Night, Clear Skies

"...Makes sense."

Ultimately, the young man nods along to a good portion of your points, of the odd tendency for the deeper members of the supernatural world to veil their words in odd seemingly unnecessary ways... Of course, the people in question might argue that the mystery aspect itself is what gives the supernatural it's power, a grey zone that allows a number of phenomena to be born from the mists of the unconscious, but...

It doesn't change the fact that far too many people seem to act that way, that they've gone on to embrace the supernatural and abandon the mundane, at least in your opinion, but...

"Although I can't really say it's ever been that bad for me."

Eventually, the youth does speak up a bit more, voice echoing out a bit in the baths... The youth is taking your words surprisingly seriously, having pushed whatever weird thoughts had been plaguing his mind to the back of his mind, the slow slide into the water is one done unconsciously, muscles relaxing on their own now that he's not keeping them tense.

"But... Saying the World is incorrect... Well..."

He sighs.

"I guess things were bound to get weird, integration of the supernatural with the natural and all, a world where everyone can live together, at least, that's how my sis always described it to me. Some of the people out there right now aren't used to being human, not used to human society, and I think a lot of em are doing their best, and a lot of others are trying to meet em halfway."

It's not his type of speech, but he does his best to get his point across nonetheless...

"We're still in a messy transition era I think, people still trying to figure out the best way to make all of this work... It feels a bit incomplete now, but that's because it is a little incomplete now, new for everyone, exciting to a lot of people. Give it a few more years and everyone will probably mellow out some, until we hit some new discovery that shakes the World at least, like... Aliens I guess? That'd be the next one. Space."

He nods.

"The Final Frontier."

...And shamelessly quotes a certain old era show.

"Course, I can't say I've got the World figured out myself, bit too big a place for me to think I've really pinned down what it is and what it isn't... Haven't even left Tokyo before, so it's probably a bit too soon for me to be judging whether or not any of this is correct... But I can say some parts of it are annoying... Bah... Man, maybe I'm just bad at these sorts of talks, I keep going in circles..."

He chuckles.

"Well, guess I'm saying it might be too soon to call? We do live in the Magic City after all, so our experience isn't exactly the norm..."

Then closes a single eye.

"Although if you ever need to crash somewhere besides your super magical home, the base is always open, I already have one roommate, what's one more?"

He frowns.

"At least you'd have the decency to wear pants out of the shower, right?"

Eh?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Early Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    “N-no!I’mperfectlyfine! Icanhealmyselfwithdia!”
    "...You do know Dia isn't a cure all, right? The Common Cold can be annoyingly resistant to magic..."

Chuckling lightly at your reaction, but treating her own actions as if they aren't anything particularly noteworthy or embarrassing, the woman nevertheless raises an eyebrow at you as she pulls back and stands up to her full height. She's tall, taller than a lot of guys her age, and while she's clearly older than you, the hands that have come to rest on her waist carry a certain youthful energy to them...

Of course, her eyes have also become rather inquisitive, because...

"Well, I guess Irmina got here after you did, but didn't you arrive with Alexia yourself, kiddo? I seem to recall you asking if she could spend the night, she's like... One of your bosses, right?"

...It seems you should know who the guests in the house are-!

"...Maybe you are a little sick, should I carry you back up? You don't have to help me with this if you're not feeling okay, you're at home for once, so feel free to relax."

----

Hiyori
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Early Morning

“It does seem to be a little weird, but then again rumors are the best ways to nip incidents in the bud before everyone gets hurt! So I think it would be worth the effort! And let’s say it is real, then you could come up with your own cool name for it like... Repose Syndrome!”
    The woman in the lab coat chuckles.

"Well, that's certainly not a bad name..."

She flips a few more pages, albeit, in a more absentminded way than before...

"Although I'm not sure if it's a tranquil sleep... Some of the reports say it is, but one or two... Almost sound like they're suffering from REM Sleep Behavior Disorder... It all revolves around an unconscious state, but..."

She trails off, her mumbles becoming more to herself than you, as...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiyori
    “Ahahaha… Knowing those power obsessed boneheads, they’re probably taking the ship stop as a way to practice underwater combat or something… Maybe Tamer Volleyball if they’re banned from that. But it’s still weird that they ended up running out of fuel of all things… Doesn’t seem like a thing Admiral Adala or Anna would forget.”
    "Considering little Adala is the ship's fuel, this is a bit of a bizarre occurrence yes."

Alexia remains cheerful in spite of your lack of a return wink-!

"I couldn't quite believe it myself when I got the call, but it seems she's having some trouble with her spiritual connection to the ship. First time this has happened since, well... Since I can remember, basically! It's probably some issue on the hardware side of things, Anna's a smart girl when it comes to the SLEIPNIR's maintenance, so I'm like, 80% sure she'll be able to figure it out without me!"

A pause, then...

"Although if they do somehow break that ship's engine I'm gonna be mad... Took me a year to overhaul that thing back in the day..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SDCD Base - Front Gate
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

He doesn’t seem to like me much, does he.

That’s an understatement, really. The enemy’s looking at Logan like he’s gooseshit on the sidewalk. It’s a sentiment Logan understands. Even after a year, he still wants to punch himself whenever he looks in a mirror. But seeing his own face and body pocked with that unsettling void, fragmented in that way, is…

Viscerally disgusting.

The influx of spirit power from his opponent’s miss further boosts his rush, and within an instant he’s at the enemy’s flank. Energy courses through him as Amelia surges with crackling lightning. He just needs one more strike!

: Logan, something’s off! The conversion process finished, but there’s still something weird abo-!

"...Gotcha."
    Logan’s vision of victory disappears in a blinding light and an intense agony. His soul lurches. His body lurches next, crumpling to the side as the crystalline void erupts from, no, overwrites his leg. The light fades, revealing the disgusting sneer of his enemy as he swats Vajra into the dirt, rupturing the earth like a cannon blast.

"Well, not that I can blame you for falling for it. Seems like you weren't paying attention-!"
    Logan barely manages to pump enough spirit power into his face to avoid a shattered jaw. He skids along the earth like a thrown stone before crashing into a building wall, stone and spine working to shatter each other in equal measure. Dust pours into his eyes, blood and saliva pool in his mouth, static rattles through his brain, and humiliation scorches his face but none of that matters because the crystals are drinking his soul and eating his leg and it fucking hurts.

: “LOGAN!”

“Don’t worry, I’m- Ghk, Kuhaa---!”

Logan needs something, anything, to distract him from the agony, so as he spits out a clump of bloody dirt he wracks his brain for when the hell those crystals landed a hit on him. Was it the laser that tagged his leg? Don’t tell me---!

"Don't assume I'm like the monsters. It's still us in here, at least for the most part."
    Logan grimaces as he beholds the man partially eclipsed by the void. He’d believed that his adversary was a person impersonating him for whatever reason, but he can’t deny the
    fiction
    reality
    before his eyes any longer. The man sauntering toward him was made from Logan Starbright as a base. So it’s only natural that he’d have a Blue of Soul!

"Time to focus on me, me. Don't look away. No time to worry about anyone else."

“Who the hell is anything like you?”

Logan tightens his grip on an uncomfortably hot Amelia and tries to stand, and SHIT GYAGH THAT WAS A MISTAKE grits his teeth as fresh spikes of pain chew through his injured leg. His whole body quivers like each muscle is trying to tear itself off the bone and his gaze sinks to the crystals inexorably crawling from his leg like maggots from a carcass and the notion that a parasite is festering inside of him joins the agony churning his stomach to the point that it’s a miracle he hasn’t hurled. Pathetic! How can you save others if you can’t even save yourself!

: Dammit, your spirit power’s still dropping! Just tell me what to do and I’ll do it!

He exhales, deliberately, with a hiss as his toes clench and unclench. Pain’s no excuse for making others worry about him. But what can he do? Dia won’t fix this. It’s spirit power pollution; t̵̲̤͓͊h̸̹͕͛͆̏e̸̤̽ ̶̫͔̠̟̩̂i̷̡̨̨̞̫͐͒͐ṇ̷̮̳̣̺͆̈̃j̵̧̺͈̹̮̃̀́͠u̶̢͍͕̎͒͌͌͘r̶ ̘̜̐͠ͅỷ̷͚̟̼̯’̵̻͉̤̫̝̋͑́s̵͇̈́͝ ̸͕͚͗͘j̴̜̗͚̲̀ṵ̷̥̇̓ś̵̻̝̗́̈́t̴̪͋͑̌ ̶̠͕͕̃͛̐̍a̶̟̋͑ ̴̼̳̑̂s̶̖̱͊̿̏́y̸̩̩̳͋m̶̲̃̒͗͌́p̴̛͇̫̐̃͗̒t̶̙̳͎͐̂ö̸͕́m̵̓ ̤̖̗̟̪̍͊̑͠. Should I amputate? N̵̻͍͓̔͂͂o̸̗̻͕̘̽̽̾̆̇ͅ,̴̧̮͍̻̠̽́ ̸̙͈̰͓̗̺̄̊͆̄̚͝ͅt̴̝̭̻̼̄͒̐̈́̾̕ẖ̴̳̥͓̽̈́͊̿͝â̶̼̬̭̩͒̇̀t̸̕ ̮̅ ̶̛̱̱̋͋͗̉v̸͉̰͖͍̩̊͂̎̚ͅǫ̸̞̲̻͔̙͆̇̓͜͠͠ȋ̶̭͙̫̤̗̞d̵̞̘̎͂̎ ’̸͕͇̲̑͂͆̽̏̎́s̵̪̱̭̟̗͙̃̚ͅ ̸̨̝͖̤͚̖̾̀͋̀͗ͅa̴̩̖̟̳̠͗̃͒̒̕͠l̴̘̪̣̰̳̟͔̈́r̸̠̙̻̎̏e̸̊̆̒̃͠ ̢͈̪̞̹̯ͅà̸̧̡̹̱̈́̀̅̒͌͘d̶̙̻͈̓̋̋ỵ̷́́͊̊͠ ̵͔̪͚̝̇̊̏̀̚c̶̹̪͇̩̽͑͗̈į̶͎̆̑͛̀̈́̿r̶̙͑ç̴͇̳̓͆̓̈́̎̐͑ü̶̻ l̵̯̝̤̱͈̀̔́́a̸͍̺̬͓̠̦̐̀͛̑͐̃̚t̴̡͙̬͉̱̹͔̾̎̏ė̴̳̋͋͊͛͝d̴́ ͎̰ ̸̤͙̱̪͖̓̆̃͝͝ẗ̷̜͉́͂͝h̵͎̜̼́̀̎ṙ̷̢̨̙̭̘̲̘̌ó̸͚̙̠͇͕̭͙͑u̸ ̧̤̣̣̗͓̲̓͐̀̔͑͛͘ģ̶̟͇̘̙̖̾̑͌h̷̻͎̻͐̍͒̓̊͠͝ ̷̧̲̩͇̰͕̝̀̐̉̒̾͠m̵͍̌̌ỹ̷͉̟̜̰̠̥͗̍̃͝ ̶͉̪͔͖̓̾̓ͅͅb̵̪̦̽͆͗ó̵̮̯͓͍̘͉̄̃̕d̵̤̝̄̈̓̈́y̵̙̠̱̔̒̈́͌ ̪. It’s just manifesting in my leg first. Amelia doesn’t have the l̸̢̰͈̮̩̘̆̐̆͛̐e̴̜͎̼͕̦̜̭̍̄͆̽̆̚͠ē̶̛̻̳̩̖͎͈̖͈̜̓͆̊̓͂͑͌͝ w̵̠̠̜͖͇̤̦̰̩̉͒̑͘ͅa̶̤̱̫̭̔͗͛͛̆̍͛̉̐͝͠y̷̢͈̬̜̏͆͊͌̀̋̌͜ ̙ ̶̹̩͔͕̎̅͑͘͝f̶̹̗̦̉̀̇̊̍̍́̀ö̸̢̯͚̻̗͈͉̦̯̣̲́̐͂̓͋͛r̷͂͌̉̑̄͑ ̛͈̻̬͛̐̽͛͠ ̶̤̌͂̅̈̿̓͋͗͌̿͝͝ś̴͕͐͒̎̿͂̄̈́̇p̶̱̹̟̱̟͚͎̣̬̘̜̆̏ë̶͛͗̑̊̀̂ ̧͔̫̼̫̖͎̽͐̒̓l̷̞͍̈̆́͂́͝l̴̮̙͓̬̭̜̳̭̤̼̗̾͛̆̿̓̚s̷̗̆͋͐ ̘ ̷̼̹̳̠̹̩̤͓̟̀͛̀̑͂ͅͅr̵̨̡͉͚̰̝̺̫̘̳̀̃į̷̘͍̞̬̲͖̻̈́͂̿̾͆̄̈́ͅg ̷̲̰̩̥̳̪̞͈̝̫̃̑̏̄͐͗̈́̚͜ḧ̷̰̜̦̜̰̠̌̇̐́̽̌t̵̻̪̩̘͚͖̪͓̻̙̅̚ͅ ̜ ̸̡̥̫̠̯̜͔̭̱̦̮͗̈̈̉̀͐͝͝n̵̼͉̈́̋͋̍̓o̴͇̘̩̍̀͗̒͑̌́͜ẅ̵͙̩̮̪͛ ͙̟̟̘ ̸̡̻͓̣̟̭͉̦̼̬̓̔͗̽̄͋͘a̶̦̙̹̞̖͎͍̞̻͇͔͛̄͑͌͗̊͌̕̕ṋ̵͔̣͙̰͋̍͜ ̧̟͓͕y̵̧̦̳͌͆̊̉͊̔̅̕͠w̸̻͖̝͝ą̶̳̤̱̮̖̟̬̖̘̪̄̎͘y̵̨͕͆͌̓͋͋̚ s̷̨͕̬̥̞̱̘̟̱͌̎͆͛͘͘.̷̦̩͔́̂͛̕͘͝͝͝ The enemy continues his jaunty saunter. Can I finish him? D̵͈͙̯̮̫̜̠̜̟̃͐̾̉̋̄̊̿̓̈́͜͝ỏ̶̡̼̜͈̜̭͍̘̈́̀̿͝͝u̵̗͋̈́̑́͐̚͝͝ ̧̡̼̙̱͍͚̮̳̗̬̩b̸̟̼̳̊̐̄̎̆̍̇͌̈́͠ṯ̵̨̡̖̘͈͚͓̱̊̀͛͂ḟ̴̖̙̐̀͌ ̧ū̴̡̜̘̖͖̺͈͎̦͙͍̞̙̪͆̽͜ͅl̵̞͓͌̇̇͐͊̓͗̔́:̶̨̨͎̹͎̬̠̫̪̀̎͗̓ ͓̼̳͕͜ ̵̡̛̛̗̖͖͙͎̦̱̞̩͊̏͐̔͑̈́̿͊̇̅͜͝͠ĥ̸̛̻̜̫̘̟͍́͆͗͑ȩ̸̝̩̣̣̝̫͗ ̘̼’̵̢̢̦̞̗͉̣̤͙̮̬͕̤̹͆̈́ş̷̗̣̻͈̪̱̩͓̼̀͌̏̆̿͘̕͜ ̶̹̦͈̞̞̦̩̺̖̋̀̄́̋̿̆̓̅͋̀̕̕ọ̷̢̢̗̦̣̳̤̥̲̥͍̫̘͙͗́̈̒̕͜ń̷͍ ̹̼̠ ̴̢̛̬͔̟̫̜̝̙̪̣̯̩̻̰̘̽͜m̸̢̢̺̜̰̯͙̪̥͎̞̬̱̀̾̂͐̇́̎̌́̿̒̍͒̏̈̈ ̙͜͜y̴̨̛̗͉̮̹̺͍̭͍͛͒̊͑̀̍̈̀͗̈͑̀͝ͅ ̸̡͉̠͇̥̟͑̈́́͋̔͊͌͜͝ͅͅļ̷̗̱̈́̃́͂̽̾̕̕͝ͅe̷̢̧̟͈̦̐̏̈́́̚v̴̚̕ ̣̙̫̮͉̝͠e̷̡̳͖̟̖͍̻̲̥̻̠̞̬͒͝ͅl̴̞͇̗̭̳̿̈͆̀́̋́̊̎̾̓̚̚͘͝͝,̸ ̨̛͍̻̖̳̞͙̯̰͖̟̘̝̠̭̘͌́͌͑͐́̄̎͘͘͠͝ ̴̳͔̗͎͖̯͎̉̀̈́͆̊͝I̵̤̽͋͌̃̆̈͛̀͌̓͑͗̎͘͘͝’̶̡̡͖̦͈̘̤̩̹͍͎̆̈̀͊ ͎͎m̷̡͖̘̙͖͚̩̦͇̺̌̀͘ ̶̨͔͉̘͍͍̻͍̻̝͇̬͔̈́d̶̛̛̖̬͒͊̌̓̿̀̃̀̽̃͠͝o̸͍̤̹͇̻̦̳͑̓͋̎̈́̇̾͠ ̡̨͈̺͙̙̥w̴͈̳̻͍̱͖͒͒͒́̏̿̒̂̐̄̓̾̂͝ͅñ̶̛͖̜͍͇̗̅͂̿̄̉̏̃̌̄̽͝ ̨͍̖ ̶̘̿̈͆̔͂͊̀́͛͝͝ä̶̡̡̛̹͉̬̗͔̟̰̩̺̔̒̓̾̂̐͊́͝͝ ̶̡̢̢̛̖̩͍̻̭͖̝̖͔͍̫̘̞͌̿̈́̒̄̀l̵̘̖͙͒͛̚͠ê̷̢͚̦̱̻̱̖̺̝̓̈́̊͠ ͇g̷̢̯̮̗̖̗̬̳̹̬̬͐̐,̵̛̛̺̩͎̤̲͓̱͖̱̫̭̙̏̀̾̍̂͐́̄̓̽̕͜͝ͅ ̸̧̤̞͚̻̲̦̤͚̟͕̠̮͉̄̋̇͋̐̏̐̔̍̿ş̴̟̯̦͉͈̦͒͊̌̆̎̀̏͒̊̏̍̕͜͝ͅa ̷͎̼̰̼̯̤͍̜̮̣̫̈́̑̅̃̐̂̊͛̋̔͛̑̒ns Eye of the Fates̶͕̠̠̰̝̮͔̒͒̔̏͆̀̐̒̎̆͑͑̂́̆̒̋͋̌̃̈́̐́̍͘͘̚,̵̘̳͉̝̄̊̈́̅ ̢̠͙̻̩̫̳̬͕ͅ ̶̢̦̈́̈̎̔͊̑̊̈̈́̅̉̐͊a̶͔̺̖̹̙̗̹͎͎̝̹̻̜͈͎̲̘̰͙͑̈́͛̄͋̌̚n̶̛̅̾͝ ̢̳̱̤̘̟͓̊̃͛d̵̡̨̻̱̝̺̹̬̬̱̺̟̬͉̦̥̊̑̆͛̑̓̅͌͊͛̅́̏̿͌͠͠͝ ͜ͅ ̷̡̪̣̝̩̯̮̬̣̲̝͖̮̱̱̜̳̲͛͌̇̋̍̅̔̃̈́̾̀̃̓̎̍̇͠͝͝͝h̸̒̓̒̔͋́̄̑̕ ̞̱͍͖͈͔̱̿̐̕ẹ̷̛̠̟̤̣͓̱͎̘̈́͋̇̂̒̈́̈́̈́̓̅̒̑̓͑̍͐̈̌́͗̕’̷̓̓͑͋́ ̮̘̖͈̲̰͕̭̜̥́̌̿͘͠s̶̢̯̭̱̭̲̝͕̰͖͇͉̳̻̮̹̠̠̯̫̺͔̽̿̐͒́̀́ ̥͓ ̵͔̯̰͓̂̉͒͒͊̑̐͘͝͠a̴̢̧͔̯̼̼̹͎̓̍͂́̌͆͋̈́̓̾̄͊͌͑̅͛̒̊̂͋͗̅̚͜͝ ̢̨̥̭̤͈̼̭̲l̷̨͇̼̻̭͓̭̙͖̹̝͌̋̋͂͐̍͒̿͐̃͌̃͆̋̈́̿͒̎̔͌̃̅̇̈́͑́̐͝ ͓r̸̻̯̈́́̇͊̀̇͐̐̈́ͅę̷̢̗͈̗̮̪̙̝̖̘̮̰̘̲͖͂̋̍͒̀̇̒͐̽̂͒̋͂̔͌͜͝ ̧͙̠͚͈̯̝̙ͅa̶͖̤̙̝̳͚̩̞̞͍̠͖͉̜̙̠̗͕͑̾͊͊̏̍͛̓̎̉͑̀̊̀̓̎͛̅͘͜͠ ̧̧̠̟̣̟̼̤̠͎ḑ̴̬̱̹̼͗̀̍͂̒͂ỷ̶̨̨̤̱̘̻͈̘̜̙̺͚̚̕̚ͅ ̵̛̯̙̙̞̙̘̖̬̞͙̣̜͉̗͍̻̥͍̳̃̍̉͂̈̑̓̓͂̈́̽̐̄̒͊̃͂̒͛̉̕͝à̷̉͂̍̽ ̛̬̹͚͙̞̈́̓̍̃͒̊̚d̴̨̧̦͇̦͍̺̤̦̫̮̯̠͎̓̀̓̈͊̒̍͂͜͝ĵ̵͉̥̗̫̋̏͘u ̸͈̔̿́́̉̋̅͐̏̄͛̾͛͒͒̒̆̓͂̏͗̓̂̀̒͝͝s̶̈́̈͌̍̾͛̀͐͌̋͐̒̓̆̕̕̕͝͝ ̨̧͇̫̰͖̖̜͍͍̤̺͎͔̞̪͚̞̬̜̔t̷̛̛̟̯͓͇̤̘̓̾̅̒̉̎̈́̃̀̋̎̄͛̐͒̕̕̕͝ ̢̘͓͓̘͜͜ͅe̶̢̞̝̱̫͈̼̦̗̥̟̫̪̭͈̟̦͓̲͔̎̇̿͐́̐̓̽͗̾͗͑̈́͛̃̿͆̕͠ͅ ̡̮̯̳̦̪̠̤d̶̡̨̖̞̗̺̰͓͖̟̣͓͚̩̬͎̮̗͇̰͕̙̅̊́ͅ ̴̢̨̬̮̜̠͎̖̞̻̼͇͖̮̣̩̪͛ͅͅt̶̛̰͔̤͇̐͑̄̈́̀̍̈́̃͌̉̄͑̃͐̆̃̓́̅̚͘͠ ̲ͅo̶͚̫̯͇͓̬͈̦̫͈͉̭̙̼̦̣̓̑̈͊̒̓̋̆̈́͋̕̕͜͝ ̷̢̛͎̬̱̞̪̭̯̻̘̩͈͖͈̱̞̰̲̑͗̂̂͐̍̏̋́̅̚̕F̷̻̣̦̬̻̀unhous e Mirror. Logan furrows his brow. Ţ̵̹̻̳͓̮̭̙̟͖͂̅͑͛̒̈́͑͑́̽̾̃̀̾̋͂̀̃̐̇̍̽̔͛̑̎̄̒͛̚̚͘̚̚̕̚͝͝ ̧̭̮̦̲̬͚̘̙͙̫̫͓͕̩̪͈̥̜͓̜̼͎̪̘͍͜h̵̉̓̿̎͋̏͒͂͌̅́͆̈́͋̿́̾̚̕͝͠ ̧̙̤̞̪̞̦̣̯̹̼̘̯͍̪̬͈͕̥̻̥̘̼͎̼̱̤̒́͐̉͗̑̎̊̍̌͐̈̀̑̑̋̉̾e̵̛͒̕ ̢̛̝̤̭͍͖͕̹̗̳͉̯͚͒̊̆̋̐̎͂̈̀̃̀͗̔̏̐͑̔̾̀̔̅̀̈́̈́̂̃͆̕͘͘͘̚͜͜͠ͅ ̢̭̬̙̣͚̹̹n̵̲̳̮̥͇̘̅̓̾̿͝…̸̛̛̼̦̏̾͑̊̃͋̓͌̆̃͐̈̓̈́̇̂̀͒̐̌͐̇̕ ̧̧̤̹͙̳̩͚̙̪̱̥̗̤̪̦̗͚͚̟̤͔̭̮͍̣͈̟̼̬͍̹̲͎̠̲̫͕͜ͅ ̸̡̬̥̗̠͓̭̥̝̼̞̺͎̝̟̼̬̖̫̦̪̭͈͆͊͐̋̽͗͛͐͂̃̿͆̀̈́͗͗̄͂͂̚͜͝͝͝͠͠ ̢̨̜͙̞̮̱̫̙̣̲̩̘͈̹N̸̨̨̖͕̻̺̬̭̲̩̦̣̱͕̘̪͉̍͌͊̉̿̀̊̅͘͝o̵͌̊̑̇ ̡̠͕̫̙͖̰̗͙͇̝̥͍͊̇̃̿̿̂̒̔̋̅̍́͋̄̔̋̄̎̈́͛̃͊͗͂͛̏̽̇̐̎̒̕̕͝͝͠͠ ̧̬̯̗̗̼̫͈͓͙͉̹͓̠̝̰͚̖̺̫͜ͅ,̸̍͑̄̀̒̈́́͌͐̓͋̽̍̈́̅͂͆́̏̐̒̐̉̉̽̍ ̙̩̱̰̖̒͐̔̀ ̵̡̭̗̰̜̫̗̝͉̝̏͛̃͋̓̂̆̄̏̏͗͋̓͆̾̋̒͂͒̆̀͐̃̎̒̂̃̅́͌͌͌̄͘̕̚͝n̸ ̛̬̜͌́͌̋̔̊͒̿̐̈́̾̈́̓͋̄̂̓̾̌̾̃̈́̏̍̀͒̈͐̓͌̊̈̉̾͋̚͝͝ó̶͂̽̋̅̈́̀ ̨̢̯͙͚͈̱̱͙̙͎͚̥͍̳̦̳͍̪̮͇̹͙̼̝̬̥̗̈́̃̈͗̅̊̈́͛̑̐̔̋̿̕ͅͅ ̸̢̡͚̠̦̳͍̞̤͓͇͎̺͉͔̻̹͎͔̱͙̙̞̔͛͋̈̃͐̇̿̽̋͋̆̓̈̐̊̒͒̅̓͝͝͝͠͝ͅ ̨͔͜t̷̨̨̡̧̡̛̛̹̬̪̰̟̯̬̟̳̯̟̳̮̱͓͙̪̯̗̥͑͋͒́͒́͛̈̅͛́̈́̃͘̚͜͝ͅ ̠̝͈ḩ̴̪͔̝͎̼̟͉͈̠͔̠̯̱̠̥̩̐́̀͑́̃̅́̉̈̀̇͂͂̈̀͂́̽͘͜ả̵͋͂͆̕ ̛̼̈́̊̓̀́̄̉̎̉̈̒̓͛̿̾̾́̔̀̒̀͌̽́̒͗͒̑͘̚̕͝͠͝͝ṫ̸̿̎͐̉̂̈́̏̒͠ ̡̧̢̭̖̥͍͈͚̘̦͎̪̤̼͉̹͉̺͕̱͕͚̗͔͉̽̅͋̔̎̅̓̊̃͂͗͑͊́͋̑̏̀̀̏͘̕͝ͅ ͕̝̱ ̴̧̡͓̠̙̱̬͈̳̙͎̲̬̥̳̙̻͔̘̰̺̜̃͊́̓̄̌̿͆̃̔͐̒͊̈́̀̀͌͆͐̋͆͒̈̈́͘̕̚ ̮̱w̵̧̢̳͕̮͚͇͓͖̥̱̤͖͈̎͂̓̒̏͐͋̉͌̇̋͊͒͗̔̆͛̈̎̂͌͂̈́̊̅͂̂̎̀͋͜͝ ỏ̵̡̡̰̰̭͖̭͎̄͝͝ư̶͓̻͈̗̻͆͒́̈́͆͑̅́͊͒̿̇͛̇̀̍͊̈́͐̅̄̿̀̐̚̕͠͝ ͚̳̮̖͓̠͔̘̠̤̟͖͉̲͙̳͎͜ͅl̶̪̞̈̂͛̽̄̄̉͂̇͂̀̀͝d̶̛̛́̈́̎̈́̈́̈͌́̿͝ ̡̡̧̧̘̮̝̯̦̟̞̤̘͎̩̳͓̜̘̼̰̉̆̏̄͗͑̓̃̃́͌̀̏͐̀̒̆͛͊͛̂́̒͆͐̽͠͝͠ ̧̯̩̺͕͍̫̺͇̘̞͖͙̗̝͚͍̻͕͜ͅͅn̸̢̮̤̜̞͔̗̙͇̝̫͔̓̆̈́̇͋ͅ’̵̒̍̽͗́̚ ̢̧̧̲̜̤̻̣̗̼̪͔͇̻̱̥̻͔̮͚͎̲̊̌̄͒̈́͋̂͌͛̈̇̈͆͋̃́͊̆̑́͌͒́̕̚̚͜͜ ͕̘̤̣̩̤̫͕̮̟̖̜t̵̛̛̛͓̯̎̃̂͛̆̈́͋̔̋̈̌̈́͂͐̆̎͂̀̏̊̑͂͋̃̃͒̕͝͝͝͠ ̻̣̺̙̟̘̝͎̮̘̻̦̭͍̯̘̝̖͍͜ͅ ̷̢̬̣̼͕͇͕̳̖̳̙͖͖͍͔͔̩͎͔̣̪͇͛̈̐͌̃͆̌̃͘̕͜c̵͆̾͗̿̐̂͌̀͑̏͆͆͝͠ ̢̻͎̜̳̲͓̙͙̻̗̂̓̓͌́̒͋̓̽̓̐͌̃̄̔͗̽̈́͂̚͜͝͠͠͝͠h̷͐̃͗̽̀́͒̎̈́̒̂ ̢̢̡̨̢̛̰̞͚͈̹̤̻̲̠͇̝̠̺̲̫̘̻̬̦́̑͐̄̋͗̇͑͊͊̽͂̋̋̓̊̅̆̈́͛̚̕͜͝͠ ̡̝̲̳ą̴͎̱̖̄̂̽̄͌̂͐͑̏̽̈̈́̄̐́́͐̓̓̎̎͛͐̉̈́̇̾̏͆̀̇̽͂̏̈̚̚͝͝ͅ ̨̢̮̼̹̙͉͈̼͓̬̮̮̳n̵̛̒̇̅̓̓͛̌̀͌͒̑̍̐̾͗̄̌̂͆̊̑́̔̎͋͒̈́̍̑̊̕͠͝ ̢̡̡͚̻͙͉͉̩͕͇̱̗̩̱̞̥͕̘̱̙̬̠̟̣͇͚̩͚̹̜̗̿͜ͅg̷̓̌̈̾͌̀̐̌͒̍̽͘͠ ̨̨̰͚̭͚̤̩͈̼̞̣̝̭̥͔͍̱̮̮̦̝̬͎̣̣̠̮̳̜̬̬̲͎̥͖͎̟̣̹̮͒͒͊̇̂͜͜͝ͅ ȩ̴̧̹͙̪̗͓͉͉̻̠͕̫̫͖̬̞̗̳̭͍͂̒̓̋̄͐ ̴̨̨̧̡͎͉̺͍̱̦̤͔̮̠͓̤̱̬̯̞͎́̑͆͋͒̈́̄̀͑̔͛͗̽́͊̋́̒̎̄͂̕̚͝͠͝͝ͅ ̢̡̧̗̣̖͓̦̠̞̝͉̗̹̯̘̘͙̺̩͓ǎ̷̧̲̦̖̣̜̞̻̞͉́͗͐̀̽̊͒̔̉͌͑͘͜͜͜͝ ̨͔̣̤͈̮͎͚̜͜n̸̞̤̖̝̞̦̞̗̋̔̔͌̀̈́̈́̄̏̆̾͂̔ỷ̸̇͂̓̒͆͂̇̍́̓̉́͝͝ ̧̢̡̛̮̜̦̜̙͉̹̩͙̣̫̩͓͕̻̠͔̥̘̱̼̙͕̳͚̣͍̩̼̬͔͖͇̘̦̬̟̋͒̑̓̀̉̔̋ͅ ţ̷̧̡͎̱͖͓̣̬̹̪̞̙̝͕̦̞̟̮̮̳̱̠̞̦̼̣̻̿͋̍͒̀͆̈́̽́̀̄̓͗̑͗̓̓̍̕͠ h̶̨̧̡̡̹̟͈̠͍͎̗͉̞̲̗̝̦̟̠̱̖̼̙̺̣̲̼̝͔̞̘̖̱͇̠͙̬̀̾̄͜ͅì̷̛̋̚ ̢̧̧̢̺̬̪͈̹̩̪͓̭̘͉̞͈̦̰͎̤̠͎͙̥̺͍̩̮̙̰̯͉̘̜̳̜̭͉͗͂̋͛͊͝n̴̒͆̔ ͎̊g̴̛͙̼͎͉͍̰̪̘̠͚͋̉̇̔̃̆́͑̊̀́̒̌̀͋̑̇́̃̓͑̈̐͑̄̇͂̋̒͆̈̕͝͠͠ ̢̥ͅ.̴̛̛̖̙̦̲͕̫̫̲̉̇̀́̾̉͋̈́͊̏̆̔͐͗͌̋͐͌̆̈́̾̉̂̉̏̓́͊͋̒́͘͘͠ͅ ̡̧̢̢̧̢̣̙͕̜̺̰̟̖̙̥̤͓̥͕̯͍̫̣͉̹̯̰͈̬͓͜ͅͅ

Logan’s left hand clenches in the dirt as he futilely scrabbles for options. His head aches. Static drowns out his thoughts as his synapses blow one after another from relentless waves of excruciating torment. He can’t retreat. He won’t sit still. He has to fight. He has to fight. He has to fight, even if it kills him, and yet-

Hey.

That quiet voice cuts through the static more smoothly than any blade.

You’re the truth I heard, from the depths of my soul.

Take out your COMP's plume right now. The more you struggle here, the more that stuff is gonna spread, understand? We gotta force it out in one go.

What? What does that have to do with anything?

She answers his question with a truth he can’t comprehend.

*~*~*~*~*

Amelia chews her lip. It’s shameful, but she’s relieved. Who wouldn’t be happy to receive a helping hand when they’re helpless? But even in this situation, she can’t help but doubt. Assuming she’s reading this plan right, that’d kill Logan. That’s unacceptable. And yet…

She sighs, rubbing at reddened eyes before setting her face. Hadn’t she already made her choice? The only thing left was to answer that person in kind.

*~*~*~*~*

That’s crazy, that’d kill Amelia.

I’ve made up my mind. What’s your decision, Logan?

Obviously, that’s-

Logan pauses. That’s not like Amelia. He reviews the information he’s received, compares it to the theories he’s already drawn, and reaches a conclusion.

...Amelia, you really shouldn’t be so hasty to strap bombs to your heart.

I’m just being myself, Logan.

...You sure are, aren’t you.

In which case, it comes down to him. Verity’s all but asking him to tear out his own heart and hand it to her. Does he trust her with his life? Does he trust her with Amelia’s?

He’s not sure.

But if he had to decide, if he had to think of the girl who coolly looked down on him, who pitied him, who feared lurking shadows, who watched a world without allies, who in that one little moment of truth looked so terribly tired and alone, then...

COMP and Tamer speak in unison.

““Alright, I trust you.””

Logan swings his left leg up and smashes it into the earth, blasting dust upwards into yet another cloud. His hands slide along Amelia’s surface, breaching insulators and protective layers until the puzzle box is opened and his spirit sense thrills at the unbridled brilliance of his partner. Amelia shivers as Logan reaches toward her, and arcs of spirit power hop between the two like columns of lightning leaping from the heavens to the earth. His heart is pounding and his face is grinning because no matter how many times he sees his partner whenever she shows herself he can’t see anything but her. The walls of skin and steel provide form and comfort and respite and protection and without them she feels terribly small in front of his presence, like she’ll be devoured. He reaches out to touch her, and it’s like he’s holding the sun in his grasp in a bead of gold, incredibly hot and incredibly heavy. His hand is shaking. Man was not meant to touch souls. One mistake, and she’ll scatter into dust. One mistake, and she’ll burn him to ashes. Every cell in his body and every strand of her plume shudder on the verge of sublimation as both near certain destruction and unrivaled harmony and they feel terror and elation in equal measure as boundaries evaporate until finally---

They unite.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; January 21st, 2022 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SDCD Base - Front Gate
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

Administrator Access - Sefer Yetzirah Code

Administrator Access Confirmed - Prime Observer Declaration

Singularity Project

Reverie Complex Source Code Open - Anti-Observation Field Online

Dimensional Interface Field Deployed - Accessing Current Forecast

Warning: Cognitive Dissonance Impact above 0.1%

Warning: Observed Phenomena has a fatality rate of 99%

Admin Access: Overwriting Probability

Reality Overwrite Confirmed

Actualizing...

OK!

LET'S SURVIVE
    !

---Full Sync.

Theoretical spiritual phenomena, also known as 100% Sync, Full Drive, and Unison Form. Directly uses the body of a Tamer as the host for a Plume, maximizing calculation speed and response times, reiki amplification, physical and spiritual endurance, amongst a number of other theoretical effects. Of course, theoretical phenomena are theoretical for a reason, while you are certain it is something that has probably happened within the World at some point, the realities of such a phenomena are not so simple to implement; Plumes are ultimately powerful spiritual amplifiers, prolonged direct contact between oneself and the User would thus result in the overload of both entities if the body can't handle it properly, leading to the self-destruction of both parties, a sort of dual-suicide where each soul winds up accidentally destroying the other one.

That is the risk the girl in blue had asked you both to take.

That is the risk you had both chosen to take.

---Was it a mistake?

It's impossible for you to tell right away, after all...

Traditional consciousness had evaporated the moment you had stabbed yourself with it, not just for Logan, but for Amelia as well; it's like someone had simply flipped a switch on your senses entirely, those things that should be separate instead converging into a single static-filled whole, like a broken form of synesthesia, data can be tasted, sounds give off visual indicators, and colors ring vibrant in your ears. It's a confusing mess of sensory input, one presided over by the voice of that girl from before, the usual flares of emotion she was known for instead completely calm, like a computer running down a task list and executing programs, but...

That too fades.

Time slows down, or perhaps it freezes entirely?

You can't tell, after all...

---Azure runs through your veins.

In spite of everything else coming to a sort of stop, senses fizzling out, a calm voice chanting commands and code, you can still feel a sort of blue pulsing through your veins; for one of you it's a feeling that comes across as both familiar and unfamiliar, after all, one of you is not used to having those veins, those biological spiritual circuits, and yet-!

It explodes after it makes a full circuit throughout a motionless body.

Explodes into the form of broken memories-!

"The Arecibo Message got an early answer..."

"America was always in the lead when it came to extraterrestrial life, METI International knows far more than they're letting on..."

"What happened in Revolution can be blamed on Polybius."

"Messiah Foundation International... That's a joke, right?

"The calamity isn't a meteor."

"The fourth administrator is hiding in plain sight."

"It's like this Logan, the Alchera are the active will of the previous era... A sort of cognitive virus..."

"Beware the imaginary beings."

"The North Pole can't be observed, no matter what happens this base should remain-!"

"Anyone can become a member of the X-Cross."

"The plumes...? They're simply attempting to return to their original forms."

"Um... Nice to meet you, welcome to the X-Cross Base."

"I'm one of three A.I that take care of administrative duties in this facility. The well-being of the X-Cross is my mission!"

"My name? Um... Well it's Rice..."

"I hope we can be friends."

---

Broken memories.

Voices you can't clearly recognize, information that comes at you in an infuriatingly broken and cryptic manner, and then-!

Your consciousness clicks back on.

"...The hell...?"

It's the voice of a Logan, but it's certainly not you.

Ambient electricity flickers at your fingertips, sparks of lashing reiki that appear and disappear almost randomly, like a battery discharging it's energy into the air around itself; the intense feelings of pain, of the void eating at your body and spiritual power are gone, banished entirely, and while the wound remains, well...

Looking down, the both of you can slowly see it closing entirely of it's own accord, yes...

You look together.

---A unified will, almost disorientating to experience, it comes with unified thoughts... Of a sort, you can still separate yourselves there if you put some effort into it, but the feeling of a physical body is tangible for the both of you, familiar and unfamiliar, a contradictory existence that is two that have momentarily become one.

Reiki so thick it's visible, almost like an eclipse user.

It comes in waves, and while you can't feel the usual hum of your harmonizer (it seems both it and your auto skills are offline) you also don't feel particularly vulnerable either, no...

There's something... Strange about the shared body...

Clearly supernatural, yes...

Not entirely... Human...

Still-!

"Ah, looks like it worked, cool."

Floating at your side, a certain blue-haired girl makes this comment... Mostly to herself.

A somewhat concerning comment, if you really think about it, but-!

"Verity...?"

The other you questions the girl as he rises to his feet (had Verity knocked him down?) the hateful gaze falling away to a confused one, as if he was looking at some sort of ghost, and...

"Ehehe~"

...The girl, perhaps missing the almost sad look on his face, just makes a sort of laughing sound, and-

"Not the only one that can cheat! I can buff people too!"

-cackles, almost in a villainous manner, before she pats you on the head and disappears...

Or rather...

Returns to where she had been before, and...

"What are you...? How are you...? If you were alive why didn't you do anything?!"

The other Logan yells out, rage overtaking sadness for a moment.

A brief flash, before...

"No... No... Not my focus."

His eyes flash back to you.

---That sarcastic grin returns.

"Almost out of time, got an asshole to kill."

The eyes flash, glittering like crystals, and...

"Come on then, let's see if someone managed to bail your weak ass out of the fire again-!"

He makes a "come on" gesture, obviously intending some sort of counter play, and you-!

Full Drive

In the "Awakening State," enables the use of "Full Drive/Full Sync." A powerful once-per-day super mode where the full power of the User-COMP Bond can be made manifest by using the body of the user as the host of the Plume. In Full Drive the following effects activate:

-Character Type is considered to be "Plume." Tamer is considered to be innately supernatural when it comes to battle (stats, personal resistances, etc)
    -All stats increase by a single rank, all negative magical afflictions are purged from the body at the moment of activation.
    -Character is considered to be "Neutral" against "Void" Element Attacks.
    -All Physical attacks deal Spirit-Type Damage.
    -Fusion Spells between the COMP and the User become possible to learn and cast.
    -Gain minor, passive HP Regeneration.
    -Heat resets to 0 at the end of every turn instead of the end of every two turns. (Damage dealt to max heat still applies.)
    -All spells known by the User are considered to be equipped by the User.

However...

-The character is also incapable of using their Harmonizer, Spirit Commands, or Auto-Skills in this form.
    -Status increases gained directly through this form cannot be shared with others.
    -Upon reaching the turn limit of this form, both characters (AI and User) succumb to spiritual exhaustion and collapse for the rest of the battle.

Current turn limit for Logan is three (starting his next turn.)

Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Early Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Flame-Haired Woman
    "...You do know Dia isn't a cure all, right? The Common Cold can be annoyingly resistant to magic..."
    “...I know but Dia and Baisudi fix lots of issues.”

I bashfully responded to the flame-haired woman and her simple observation… Also It was interesting how magic could replace missing limbs, solve previous medical emergencies, and even stop people from aging effectively. However, no one could solve the common cold or the flu. Some way and somehow, they’ve gained the ability to resist magical healing techniques and infect supernatural creatures.

"Well, I guess Irmina got here after you did, but didn't you arrive with Alexia yourself, kiddo? I seem to recall you asking if she could spend the night, she's like... One of your bosses, right?"
    The flame-haired woman started saying a few names casually as if I’ve met them before. However, there was one thing off about that. I don’t know these people casually. While I’m semi-aware of both of them. Irmina… If I recall correctly, she was one of Dr. Xavier’s acquaintances that showed up on his Dreamweave application. Alexia took a bit more time, but there was only one that I could say was my boss. Alexia Wright. NWAB Spirit Tamer.

“Kind of? In the sense that all NWAB personnel are my boss?”

However, something felt off about that. Why would I be friendly enough to spend time with Alexia and to the point that she listened to my words about spending the night here apparently?

"...Maybe you are a little sick, should I carry you back up? You don't have to help me with this if you're not feeling okay, you're at home for once, so feel free to relax."
    I looked at the flame-haired woman with surprise. I was home? While it’s true that I never got lost or could easily give directions in Aoyama… I just thought it was just by coincidence or because I was a tamer. I never considered that maybe before my amnesia that my home was in Aoyama. I always thought it was somewhere in Europe thanks to my name. However with the room and constant feeling of familiarity…

“No, I’m fine. If anything, it’s because it’s been awhile that I should help. It’s not often I can help out anymore.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Xavier
    “You've been asleep… For at least a year and a half at minimum...”
    Especially since I haven’t been here for at least two and a half to three years…

Hiyori
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Early Morning

"Well, that's certainly not a bad name… Although I'm not sure if it's a tranquil sleep... Some of the reports say it is, but one or two... Almost sound like they're suffering from REM Sleep Behavior Disorder... It all revolves around an unconscious state, but..."
    ‘Oh? Then what would you name it then? Assuming it’s not Apathy Syndrome. Also isn't it weird that only a few people are suffering from REM Sleep Behavior Disorder, but everyone isn’t? Do they have something in common like having a persona or being an ESPer?’

I let Aunty Lab Coat think a bit about what she would call it… And what the two people had in common. But mostly the cool name! If you’re going to have some major incident with some kind of weird magical affliction or disease, then at least give it a cool name!

"Considering little Adala is the ship's fuel, this is a bit of a bizarre occurrence yes."
    ‘Wait she is?! I thought the ship ran on like the magical energy everyone let off in the sims!?! They certainly throw enough magical energy to power a small city with how often they’re in the sims!’

The fact that Admiral Adala was powering all of that by herself was amazing. If this was an anime or something, you would’ve had to be like one of the chosen few with extraordinary magical energy capacity to even run it for a second let alone all day. Even then they would be stuck to like some kind of chair as some living battery.

"I couldn't quite believe it myself when I got the call, but it seems she's having some trouble with her spiritual connection to the ship. First time this has happened since, well... Since I can remember, basically! It's probably some issue on the hardware side of things, Anna's a smart girl when it comes to the SLEIPNIR's maintenance, so I'm like, 80% sure she'll be able to figure it out without me!"
    ‘...Yeah that sounds like Anna. Like if it wasn’t for the fact that she was flying the ship all the time, I’m pretty sure she would be a great ninja tamer maid. Like have you seen her sleep?! I’m almost tempted to say she has learned how to make shadow clones or she has a doppelganger!’

“Although if they do somehow break that ship's engine I'm gonna be mad... Took me a year to overhaul that thing back in the day…”
    ...How would you break the engine on the SLEPNIR anyways? Like if getting hit with like three C rank spells doesn't even dent the armor plating. What kind of thing would disable the engines? I mean I'm not a mechanic or anything, but unless the engines were like a gigantic weak spot like in a game. I can't see anything damaging it by accident. Shoot I'm sure there would've been armored guards watching it if it was that bad.

‘...Is it even possible to break parts of the SLEPNIR? Like I’m pretty sure it’ll take like something serious like a kaiju, some space-time attack, or some world ending threat. Which I think everyone would notice right?’

...Well actually... I might one event that would cause the SLEPNIR to possibly crash. But that would've been days ago.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Obake-Baasan's Bathhouse
    11/16/2026
    Night, Clear Skies

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu
    "At least you'd have the decency to wear pants out of the shower, right?"
    "... Yes."

Blaise nodded, stoically.

"I do have common sense."

That was all he was going to say. After all, at that very moment, his instincts were screaming "Don't ask, don't ask, don't ask!"... and he truly did not want to go against them. Whatever lay behind that incident that Isamu had mentioned was better left for the other boy to know. While he could sympathize with his plight, Blaise certainly didn't want to share in the trauma...

... He had enough of those already.

"... But, yeah. Thanks, bro. If I ever feel like I need to, I might just take you up on that offer," the blonde youth continued, meaning what he said. "Though... I better not do so every time I feel like abandoning that house. Otherwise I'd be crashing at your place constantly. Or, at the very least until high school's over. After that, I could start properly looking for my own place..."

His own place, huh?

True, it wouldn't be too long now until that time would come. And once his days filled with freedom (thanks to him not giving a rat's ass about school in the first place) came to an end... what would Blaise do then? Would he continue in his usual way? Would he search for other ways he could help out Aoyama? Would he try to work something out with his... mentor... and try to apply himself in that line of work?

... Would he even remain in Aoyama, in the end?

"--- But you're right. It might be a bit too early. Just gotta give it some time and see how things pan out. However..." Blaise turned to look at Isamu. "... We might be able to expand our horizons a little bit before that time. After all, we've got the winter and spring holidays coming up, and then there's the big batch in summer... taking a trip might not actually be a bad idea. Maybe not in the way I said earlier but..."

He leaned back in the baths and stared up at the sky, and at the stars blinking in the darkness.

"Y'know, like an actual trip. With the whole group. We could maybe hit Okinawa, or Hokkaido... or maybe even go beyond the borders," he suggested. "Europe or America might be interesting places to visit. From what I understand, my dad's side of the family comes from Wales, so..."

He left the suggestion hanging in the air.

That being said...

... He might not mind seeing Wales at some point.

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Rooftop
    12/22/2026
    Evening

---The response is immediate.

The instant the bizarre mechanical giant recognizes the existence of an attack targeting it a shining azure barrier springs to life around it. It's a decisively over-kill response, a sudden barrier so thick, so absurdly dense with magical energy that it goes from being impressive to being almost revolting to behold, an instinctive kickback effect from seeing such a blatant disregard for conservation of spiritual force. The smell of ozone becomes unmistakable, the early outpouring of fog rising up to engulf the city as a whole in a manner not too dissimilar to smog in the Industrial Revolution, your attacks crashing uselessly against a barrier of energy so thick that you were sure even subatomic particles would fail to pierce through it's barrier, and yet-!

In spite of this overkill-like response, the entity does not show immediate hostile intent to you.

It's clear enough why, blocking such a weak attack clearly didn't mean anything to it, it was much like having a fly attempt to ram a human with it's body, something that might be mildly annoying if seen, but also something that could go completely unnoticed if one wasn't paying attention or simply didn't care, and in this case...

It seems to be the latter.

While it's apparent desire to not even allow a pinprick to strike it is strange, the lack of care it shows you is about right for something of it's size and apparent strength, or at least, that is the impression you get at first, when your attacks fizzle to nothing and there is no response from the mechanical horror, but then...

But then...

---You feel it.

The moment in which something inside of that entity's consciousness clicks, and an attack that was determined to be no harm to it, also draws it's attention entirely to the caster as if it had realized something about you because of it; with that attention comes an overwhelming sense of malice, one so tangible and heavy that it almost threatens to sink your flying form with that alone, but-!

Why?

Your brain calls out on it's own, perhaps to Preciel, perhaps to your own subconscious, and in answer...

It remembers us.

Irrational hatred.

...You get that, a simple, easy statement, before-!

-an attack fills your vision in response.

Intense heat, overwhelming light.

Instant retaliation, a high rank manifestation of magical energy meant to wipe you out in an instant.

---You can't dodge.

---Instinctively you know you can't dodge, barriers won't work either, and-

Death.

-it feels like Death, even though something like this shouldn't be inherently fatal to a Tamer, there's something about your instincts that tells you it's game over if it hits, and yet there's nothing you can do to avoid that outcome-!

Your body won't move properly, as if the World itself was denying your efforts, barriers flicker in a way they should not, as if some foreign power was crashing down on them and robbing them of their strength...

It's a bizarre phenomena, one that doesn't make sense in the slightest...

Until right before it lands.

Something clicks right before it lands, but it's too late...

This is the end, felled by an incredibly unfair ability before you could even hope to mount a proper offense, but-!

Right as you think that-!

"...!"

Scattering black feathers, glowing a dark violet amidst the oncoming azure light.

"Tch, close-!"

A heavy kinetic force comes crashing into you from the side.

Different from the oncoming mass of apparently unavoidable magical energy, the feel of the thing that has crashed into you is that of a person, a woman, a familiar young woman, one whose face is enclosed with silver hair, and whose eyes are flashing a concerned crimson amongst the blue that passes overhead easily, as if she hadn't been the slightest bit inconvenienced by the same phenomena that had been seemingly determined to hold you in place-!

"Geez..."

Yes.

That face is familiar, so is the voice, but...

Wings.

Energy wings, interlocking black and white, like some sort of teenaged angel...

And indeed...

There is the feel of an angel here...

"Every time I see you you're in trouble, you know? What's up with that?"

Alyx Kingsleigh's face is a tired line, even as, in the distance...

The entity begins it's process anew.

Insight from Preciel

Abilities

-S.T Field-
    A special defensive barrier utilized by the Sefirot, although the exact power and mechanics of it are different dependent on which of them it is; in Chokmah's Case, all attacks and spells of C-Rank or lower are negated by the barrier regardless of their element, up to and including Almighty and Void Spells.

Additionally, while the barrier is active, Chokmah is considered to be resistant to all elements, and gains immunity to any ability or attack that has already damaged it once; however, because of the strength of this barrier, it seems that Chokmah cannot actively attack while it is up...

-fun10 × int40 = Ir2-
    The equation that destroys the World's Possibilities, a logic matrix that utilizes the original laws of reality to crush all resistance before it. Comprehension of the method is impossible, as the humanity that defined those laws disappeared long ago, nevertheless due to their status as the originals, their interpretation is seemingly unbreakable...

While the method is impossible to comprehend, the effects it can have on the World are known to a select few, and revolve around the destruction of possibilities and thus the selection of fate. In battle, Chokmah typically uses it in the follow way over the course of six turns, representative of it's six cannons powering up, weaving a decisive conclusion for it's opponents through the Logic:

1.) My opponent cannot dodge my attack.
    2.) My opponent cannot use physical or supernatural barriers against my attack.
    3.) My opponent cannot withstand my attack.
    4.) My opponent cannot counter or overwhelm my attack.
    5.) Humanity's Observation cannot interfere with my actions in any way.
    6.) All who oppose me are considered my opponents.

Because of the nature of this ability, Chokmah cannot take other actions while attempting to utilize it, and will be forced to start over if it is forced to retaliate against it's opponents early, however, combined with it's S.T Field...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Rooftop
    12/22/2026
    Evening

For a few moments, Cosmos was speechless as she stared at her sister.

It's not as if Alyx's appearance is completely unexpected; Sariel has told her beforehand that Alyx is one of the few people left in the city after all. No, what is surprising and made her speechless was the different-colored eyes, and the black and white energy wings...

An angel?

Her sister?

And yet, another thought also occupied her mind at the same time.

Fear. Hopelessness. Resignation upon recognizing just how absurd of an opponent Chokmah really is. A part of her mind wondered what did Cosmos Semesta Preciel do to earn the ire of such a powerful entity, but just as quickly those thoughts were cast aside because of one simple fact.

She's supposed to be dead by now.

If not for Alyx's intervention, Cosmos Fairchild would have died without being able to do anything about it, all of her preparations and contingencies rendered null and useless.

But even if she survived for now... would the end result be any different? Against such an overwhelming enemy, could she or even Alyx make a difference?

However...

"... Thank you."

Such thoughts are useless in battle.

Genuinely thanking her sister for saving her without any of her usual bite or banter, Cosmos refocused her attention on Chokmah, ringing the bell on her staff as she did so.

'Illia, open a channel to Miss Sofia. I'd like to relay information to her and Alyx at the same time.'

'... understood.'

Alyx's heritage and angel form, Chokmah's overwhelming strength, her own mortality... what-ifs and distractions have no place on the battlefield; she could mull on all of these later. What is important is that as disastrous as her attempt was, she managed to gain some vital information regarding their enemy.

With information, plans can be made and executed.

With God's will, anything is possible.

"I have determined the nature of Chokmah's barrier." Cosmos began as looked at Chokmah preparing itself, silently thanking her past self for giving her such valuable information from a single exchange. "It nullifies all C-ranked spells or lower. It becomes immune to whatever damages it. It cannot attack while its barrier is up." She aimed her staff towards Chokmah. "Additionally, its attack has... six steps, so to speak, and it can unleash its attack at any point during the steps."

Cosmos took a deep breath.

"The one that Chokmah targets cannot attack, use barriers, withstand the attack, counter or overwhelm the attack, use Humanity's Observation to interfere, and all who opposes Chokmah are considered its opponents. In other words, if it unleashes its attack after all six steps are done, the battle is over." Cosmos took a glance at Alyx. "It's a race against time... but as long as it has yet to reach step six, then another person can help you; Alyx tackled me out of the way just now, so having another person nearby might be ideal."

In other words, if Sofia were to attack, it'd be best to do so with Daniel by her side. And hopefully, as long as Sofia has yet to attack, then Chokmah would only focus its attention on herself, Alyx or Sariel.

With that in mind, Cosmos gave Sariel a look. Makarakarn is going to be mostly useless, and healing spells would be irrelevant if getting hit by the attack means instant death... It would be safer for the angel to retreat back to her COMP, but...

"I-I can help!" The angel said resolutely. "My barriers and healing might not be that useful here, but... our speed is about the same, and I'm more used to flying, so I can help to get you or Alyx out of the way while the two of you focus on the offensive!"

It's true that having as much help as possible would be vital, and Cosmos couldn't find it in her to deny the angel's resolve. So she nodded, fully knowing that if Sariel gets hit, then the possibility of it being more fatal than death normally would for a demon is quite high...

But against Chokmah, against a Sefirot, risks would always be ever-present, and Cosmos steeled herself for that fact.

She could only pray she wouldn't regret the decision.

Looking back at Chokmah, Cosmos pointed her staff at it.

"With Bell Charge, I have three B-rank spells to be used against it." Cosmos declared, directed more at Alyx. "But the time needed to charge it means realistically I only have two spells. If you have any idea or a plan, I'd be glad to hear it!"

Because right now, her only plan is to bombard it with B-rank spells, a rain of stars falling unto the massive Sefirot as she casted the very same spell that she used in Ruina-!

"Aster!"

Turn Action
    Cosmos: Aster (B-rank)
    Sariel: preparing to tackle Cosmos or Alyx out of the way, or cast Makarakarn if the attack is fired before step 2!

HEAT: 8/10 (refreshes to 0/6 Next turn)
    Bell Charge: 0

Cosmos and Sariel's AGI: C
    Last edited by palad1n; August 27th, 2021 at 01:06 PM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Intermission
    Raz Stone & Aoyama Residents
    'Aoyama'

At a glance, Aoyama had always seemed like the least defended home base of the main four Tamer Organizations, a simple ward inside of a bustling city, a place of beauty and spirituality to be sure, but not one that seems intensely guarded at a glance. In comparison to an isle that only heroes may enter, an ancient warship that seemed to hail from the stars themselves, or a town whose citizens held the loyalty and protection of most of the heavenly host, Aoyama seemed incredibly simple in comparison, a city of humans and demons, but simply a city nonetheless, and yet...

If you were to ask almost anyone on the planet about this particular topic, well...

The response is a simple one.

Aoyama is not a ward to be trifled with.

The moment the townspeople realize they are under siege, is the same moment a different sort of power comes rumbling to life at the heart of the city. It is a power of vivid blue, something that is far different from the gradient colors of the World Wide Concert, or the Golden Light being given off by the bizarre creature, the mechanical monstrosity internal thoughts declared to be a Sefirot...

No.

It's a vivid, but clear blue.

A deep azure, like the blue of the sky ripping through the darkest of nights.

Aoyama is not a town to be trifled with, not in the slightest.

The townspeople seem casual enough if you talk to them, a bit friendlier than most other populations perhaps, but the real steel will of the inhabitants is something that a casual visitor will probably never see, a sort of open secret amongst the populace that only comes out in times of strife. It's a power they acquired over a decade ago now, when a prophesied apocalypse had fallen on the World, casting the planet into shadows, and a battle for the continuation of human life was fought right here, right on top of the soil that these people called home.

A battle against the Kyuubi, the Nine-Tailed Fox of myth and a manifestation of the darkness inside of all human hearts.

Aoyama had fought it here.

They had struck it down here.

Not just because of heroes, but because the fighting spirit of the town itself was a bizarre miraculous power, one that could literally manifest in reality as a sort of Guardian God, a being of collective will and force that moved only to the whims of the townsfolk, a sword and shield of almost unparalleled strength-!

Yes.

Aoyama is not a town that takes well to being threatened, they don't really get scared, not in a way that matters... The things they've seen over the years have burnt out most of their fear responses, and even when something gets to them, really digs under their skin, well...

That doesn't matter.

Fear is something they've conquered before, they'd just do it again; hell, when it comes down to it, rather than run away, almost every person in town...

---Would fight you in the street long before they would ever run away-!

Those alive during the Kyuubi Incidents chuckle, those who were not fall momentarily silent, feeling the warm buzz of a power both familiar and unfamiliar, that rampant blue light that becomes like a compressed sun, shooting out of the depths of the memorial park and exploding out into an azure horizon-!

==Miura-No-Suke==

It'd been some time, since this power was used last.

A deep chuckle reverberates from the figure that had appeared in the center of town; it's massive, easily comparable in size to the monstrosity that had appeared from the cracks in the sky, and it's voice is that of the town's residents laughing to themselves as one.

It's figure shimmers, a thing of liquid blue fire and rampant reiki; the form of one of the two samurai of legend that struck down Tamamo-No-Mae, the Nine-Tailed Fox herself, and a symbolic representation of this town's role in the annals of history.

They seemed like the least guarded, but in reality, they may just be the most.

Aoyama blocks the path to the Soul Sea.

The people are it's guardians, and they do not fail.

Not now.

Not ever.

The samurai raises a hand to it's kabuto, it's face is indistinct, a towering behemoth of magical energy that seems more like a living furnace than any human being, but it nods to a certain stage as it passes, a respectful nod, one that does not ask for help, but acknowledges that it is being given anyway.

It's only polite.

But once that moment fades, well...

It's gaze fixes on the strange alien being, and that is what it is, alien, otherworldly in a way that even Demon kind was not; it's unfamiliar, they cannot place it's origin, although this feeling of wrongness reminds them of the Devourer, a hazy, long forgotten battle that had taken place in the depths of space, and...

"..."

It matters not.

A hand falls to a massive, ethereal blade, and...

Aoyama
    Miura-No-Suke
    steps forth to strike it down.

Last edited by Airen; August 27th, 2021 at 08:21 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ Skies
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

---An incredibly dense barrier of magical energy erupts to oppose the dim light of a passing star.

It's a simple attack, albeit one made with all the momentum of your stage behind it; still, while your opponent was of a massive scale, the kinetic energy behind such a blow, especially when aimed at what one might call a weak point, should throw some caution into the body of a monster, after all...

A supernatural opponent is still a supernatural opponent.

There is no such thing as an invincible entity in this World, the World is simply too vast for that, both the supernatural and the banal far too deep to allow a completely invulnerable enemy to exist; simply accepting the attack of any individual while understanding this law would be grounds for arrogance, and indeed, judging by the sheer power that the entity puts into it's barrier, it's not quite that arrogant...

That being said...

It probably still finds the result surprising-!

"...!"

A sizzling sound, like glass melting into a mold-!

Your senses on overdrive as you pass, as that barrier that should have been more than enough to deflect your attack instead shatters completely in the face of it, torn apart by some bizarre, innate aspect of the World Wide Concert, you can hear the sound of clinking machinery inside of the entity for a moment. It's just a moment, a moment of moving pistons and engines, of bizarre circuitry and something golden flowing like blood, before-!

It lets out a sound, a horrendous, ear-splitting screech-!

Was it out of pain? Or out of anger?

Confusion at a strange power that had undermined it?

Either way, it hurts to listen too; like the information it represents is antithetical to life forms, as if some power was being made manifest through it, but-!

It's not given much time to screech, considering the figure of the giant samurai that has crossed the city at remarkable speed; it's footsteps are silent and harmless, it's reiki-based form seeming to consciously avoid damaging any of the buildings below as it heads straight for the bay, straight for the opponent, as fearless a charge as what it had made against a God of Darkness long ago, and-

-a merciless lunge, the bridge-like blade cutting a dexterous line through the air as the entity moves with shocking speed of it's own-!

The samurai pursues, flames roaring ever higher as fighting spirit reaches it's apex, water and wind roaring all around you like a storm as the entity dodges this second blow as well, the force of it's wing-beats sending waves crashing against the distant shore, and-

-a third, decisive blow, as the samurai leaps up to reach it's retreating opponent, blade moving like a fluid whip as it tears through the skies and-

==Da Capo==

Eh?

Something strange happens in the literal blink of an eye, a transition without apparent cause, the sight before you moving from a samurai cleaving it's blade straight through the mechanical body of a monster, to...

The moment before the Persona had even attacked at all?

It's back where it had been in it's initial merciless charge, lunging straight at the butterfly that has also returned to a previous position, and-

-it dodges easily, twisting above the head of the samurai, before-

-raining down what seems like lasers from the tips of it's wings, eliciting the raise of a shielded arm as the persona covers it's body and falls back, the sound of many voices grunting in mild discomfort coming from it's lips as it reorients itself against it's opponent, while you...

Yes you...

Still flying your stage on the arc you had left it in, well...

"A lively song, not bad at all..."

You hear something strange...

Your own voice, coming from somewhere above you, and well...

There is someone there that resembles you, sitting calmly atop the lights in spite of the high-speed movements of the stage; he appears to be tuning some sort of guitar, a calm, easy smile on his face, and while you had encountered something like this before just a few weeks prior, well...

This one doesn't seem to be a complete copy (he is still dressed after all, although he is still giving off a lot of power) no...

But all sensors say...

It's you all the same-!

Analysis Result

Direct analysis of the entity proves to be difficult, but, somehow, someway...

It seems you already have a file of sorts on it...

Although even with the World Wide Concert...

Decoding is strangely slow...

Current Progress: 25%

Codename: Tif'eret
    Entity Type: Sefirot
    ID Number: DEUS-EX-000-06
    C-Scale: ERROR
    Suggested Handling: Extermination

Abilities

-S.T Field-
    A special defensive barrier utilized by the Sefirot, although the exact power and mechanics of it are different dependent on which of them it is; in Tif'eret's Case, grants resistance to all elements while the barrier is active, the strength of the barrier itself has been compromised in order to allow greater speed and flexibility for this unit.

-End Gazer ~ Butterfly of Death and Rebirth-
    Ability to give physical shape to culled possibilities. Entity appears to be able to draw out and give shape to seemingly hypothetical (or possibly parallel universe) beings through some means or another, although complete analysis of the ability itself is proving to be impossible due to the possible manifestation of memetic hazards. What is known however, is that the entities born from this ability often have some relation to the entity's opponent.

Raz (?)

Abilities

-Da Capo-
    Element: ???
    ???

Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Blueberries are sweet and best when they’re firm. We like peeling them so they’re green, like grapes; would we still call it a blueberry after that? Oh, it’s like that. Was it like that? What’s that? Really, it was like that? Oh, that. Did a report on them once. Well, that’s not a good thing. At least there were fireworks. How’d it go again? Where others see coincidence, I see Providence. Maybe we’ve met already. Write down all the clues we find in our handy-dandy notebook. We still haven’t forgotten about nyaa.exe. We apologized, didn’t we? It was supposed to be a research file. Again with the keywords. Again with the observation. Sapphires are a 9 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness; only diamonds are harder. Before you are two doors: each has a guard, but one guard only tells the truth and one guard only lies. We remember this one, we’re supposed to ask what the other guy would say right? Water seems like it’s clear and pristine, but secretly it’s a little bit blue. Us too. It could be anyone. Anyone could say they’re on our side. The cicadas cry out to the boundless sky, affirming, lamenting, chittering, living. Some philosophers state that regression is a sin, much like pity or comparison. Depressed guitar, 12 steps of song.

It’s nice to meet you too. Thank you, we’ll try to make it easy for you. Basmati or jasmine? Sorry, ignore that. It’s very cute. I’d be happy to.

There used to be a smile there.

STARBRIGHT
    SDCD Base - Front Gate
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

The asshole’s flat on his. Leg wound’s healing, corruption’s all gone, all systems green, we feel great, better than in ages really, whoops a bit of spirit power just crackled into the bush there. No Harmonizer, not like we need it really, this is great stuff, you really are a miracle worker, kid!

"Ah, looks like it worked, cool."
    Perhaps we were a bit hasty in trusting this sassy, smug child. Well, if it hadn’t worked we’d be dead, so I guess it worked out? Yeah, sure, let’s go with that, no time to think thonkworthy thoughts.

"Ehehe~ Not the only one that can cheat! I can buff people too!"
    She’s cute, so it’s fine! More important things to deal with anyways. Ah, there she goes. Leg’s a little itchy, guess Dia and such always feel like this. Yup, those are fingers curling and uncurling alright, and that’s spirit power surging through our circuits, no, not those kinds of circuits like an ocean through irrigation channels. We’ve never felt anything like this.

"What are you...? How are you...? If you were alive why didn't you do anything?!"
    What, is that how it was for you? Sure lost a lot, didn’t you? Well, too bad. I’m not the one to make you happy.

"No... No... Not my focus."
    Besides, you’re already lost, aren’t you. Those eyes of yours won’t ever see the future you seek.

"Almost out of time, got an asshole to kill."
    “Look in a mirror lately? Or did you already break them all?”

That’s a relief; we won’t have to see this asshole’s ugly face much longer. And it’s not like we’ve got much time left ourselves, so we’ve gotta make this count.

"Come on then, let's see if someone managed to bail your weak ass out of the fire again-!"
    “Fine by me. After that baby slap of yours someone’s gotta teach you what a real punch feels like!”

Not.

We immediately Phantasm Step away. Yamuna’s spent way too long on her own, so we need to check up on her. But since we’ve only got so much time, may as well clean up a bit of the chaff first! Lock onto each and every one of those dots from Chris’s program. Hit all of them at once, and pierce through any obstacles to blast them to bits!

Maeigaon + Vajra:

FUSION SPELL:
    JUPITER’S ECLIPSE CROWN!

The full-force attack flies out to obliterate the unwelcome peanut gallery, paying no heed to the broken kaleidoscope in the dirt. There’s nothing to spare for unimportant matters.

And yet, a single strike of electricity and darkness zips toward his chest.

...Okay, maybe just one shot.

Spoiler:
    Spells Used: Maeigaon, Vajra, Phantasm Step
    Heat: 8/9
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; August 1st, 2023 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Eva Ellet
    Saint Vivienne ~ Academy City - Brewed Awakenings
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

"...Your friend, right?"
    “….mm!?”

That was not a response she had expected. When she had left the latter half of that sentence incomplete, she was waiting for something among the lines of “a coworker in the Rose Cross”, or perhaps “a new teacher at St. Vivienne”. This choice of fill-in-the-black though… it was very blunt. She had no idea how to respond.

"...You
    are friends right? Not just too polite to ask her to stop?"
    But since her lack of response wasn’t going to stop Leah from asking more questions here, she had to come up with something- and so, while hoping it wasn’t too off base here…

“Well… I don’t know.”

… she decides to answer with the truth that she remembers.

“I’ve never really asked her. I appreciate her company and advice, and I think she has many admirable qualities.” Her ability to speak her mind freely in a variety of social situations and apparent lack of hesitation over her decisions and future were ones in particular that Eva wished she had. “But I don’t really know how she thinks about me. If she just likes having someone around as a sounding board, that’s fine with me…”

Honestly, this topic was embarrassing to Eva to discuss, even if it was her mother asking. But before shutting up and retreating to the easy silent excuse of eating, she had to add one more thing.

“It’d be nice if we were friends, though.”

"Ah. Eva. Ms. Ellet."
    …?

"You alright?"
    As she prepared herself to get through a conversation with a seemingly familiar Catherine- from how Leah described their relationship, anyways- she receives an unexpected question.

"Never asked about that tumble you took at the Vatican. Myra really ran you over the other day, huh?"
    …???

… it had only been an hour or two at most since that happened. Naturally, there was no way Eva had forgotten - what she didn’t expect was that Catherine remembered. That event happened while they were getting ready to board the SLEIPNIR, on a mission that didn’t seem to exist anymore. And from the few bits of conversation she had heard earlier, it didn’t sound like Catherine quite remembered being on the SLEIPNIR…

.. or maybe she did, a little? She wasn’t sure.

But she couldn’t deny that she was curious to find out.

“Yeah. I’m fine. You’re talking about what happened the other day when we were waiting to leave, right…?”

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Morning

“No, I’m fine. If anything, it’s because it’s been awhile that I should help. It’s not often I can help out anymore.”
    "Fair enough."

---In the end, her inquisitive gaze is overtaken by the light of amusement.

"No one can say I didn't try to let you slack a bit~"

One hand goes to her waist, her body turning away from you to regard the flowers again for a moment with a contemplative smile. Considering the freshness of the soil around the flowers, it seems that the garden itself was a relatively new addition to the house, which explained all the dirt she was having you lug here from the shed, but...

Your eyes take in the rest of the yard, and...

Willow trees?

Relatively but large, already making it's way up and around the right side of the house as willows are wont to do, the notoriously disease-prone species of tree seems to be doing fine nonetheless; the soil around it has been meticulously supported, mulched and irrigated to promote it's healthy growth, and while it's getting close to winter, it seems someone has been painstakingly removing all the leaves from the ground for some reason... Perhaps as a defense against some sort of fungal disease? It's the sort of meticulous over-care that almost seems questionable, but...

Some people just really like gardening, perhaps?

This woman certainly seems too, judging by how she's doing everything by hand instead of falling back on (admittedly probably wasteful) use of supernatural abilities...

"Go ahead and grab the shovel out of the shed then, we're gonna have to transplant this... Bit too close to the house, grew a bit too fast, but this is Aoyama I guess, these things happen..."

She says, with a sigh.

---So you do.

You wander back into the metallic shed, one that's clean and orderly in that way that only gardeners seem able to make it, and...

"...?"

...Wait a second, are those...

Footprints of some kind? Going into the shed?

They look like the prints of some sort of small animal, and they certainly hadn't been in here the last time you looked, so...

Instinctively, you follow their trail into the darkness the morning light has yet to pierce, and-

-you see it there, in the darkness.

A... Children's toy...?

A stuffed animal...?

Certainly, it stands somewhat menacingly in the corner of the shed, intelligent eyes peering out at you from the darkness, before...

One hand slowly goes to cover it's eyes in what could only be called a poor attempt at a jojo pose, considering it's lack of fingers, then...

Yes, then and only then...

"Gardening, huh?"

...Do you hear the deep, deep voice of Dr. Xavier emerging from said bear as if this was a completely natural series of events-!

"You sure do have bizarre priorities when you wake up."

It sounds unimpressed, and somehow...

With the cute bear body... The doctor's deep (annoyingly pleasant) voice is just...

Somehow unfitting...

...No wait!

In the first place!

What the hell?!

Probably the better thought.

Hiyori
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Morning

"Nightmare Syndrome, perhaps?"

Irmina says in a matter of fact sort of way.

"Or perhaps... Noctambulant Disorder? They all seem to believe they're in danger during their... Episodes, their physical movements are battle-like in nature, at least, according to these maybe-doctored reports."

She grins, but there's a hint of annoyance to it.

"As for things in common... Well, not that I can see so far, no links on a physical level at least."

As for Alexia, well...

"Well, some of the reiki generated in the simulator does go to backup power, but... I suppose you could say that Adala's signature is what's necessary to get the ship to run. No matter how much other fuel is there, if hers isn't present, it simply will not work properly. It's a defensive measure we put in back in World War 2, to make sure no one got any funny ideas about glassing other countries with alien technology... We had enough problems when Hitler managed to somehow get his hands on the Longinus, didn't need to add world-ending warships to the list. "

She laughs, as if it's almost a found memory.

...The hell happened in World War 2 though? That doesn't sound normal at all!

"Although, when it comes to breaking the SLEIPNIR... Well, it's not exactly of this World, so things of this World have a hard-time affecting it... That being said, the longer it stays here, the more... How should I say, nativized it becomes? It's slowly being adopted by humans, so it's not quite as impervious to damage as it used to be... Course, it still has plenty of mystery shielding it, but it's not outright invincible like it used to be... Probably for the best, honestly."

She sighs.

"An invincible weapon is a mistake. You never want to make something you can't destroy if you have too... Sounds cruel, but it's a necessary safety measure for these sorts of things. Not that I made the SLEIPNIR, but the principle is still the same~"

A pause, then...

"...But yeah, I think a space-time attack would do it. Or a full power Divine Spirit. Kaiju... Would depend on the Kaiju..."

She narrows her eyes, as if putting an excessive amount of thought into this, and...

"Hmm..."

Yep.

Definitely a weirdo.
    Last edited by Airen; August 31st, 2021 at 02:24 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    STARBRIGHT
    SDCD Base - Front Gate
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

---A hell of black energy forms at the points of impact.

A lance of black lightning arcs into the buildings where the bizarre puppets giggle to themselves, making a horrendous screeching sound like hundreds of birds flying out from the darkest pits of a burning afterlife; it's a rare sort of magic, a combination of elemental energies that do not typically mix well within any single being and yet the darkness that goes crashing through everything in it's way could only be described as hungry. It is cursed electricity, a manifested phenomena that moves to draw things into it's grasp, that seeks pain for the sake of pain and strikes with all the swiftness expected of electricity, smaller arcs shooting out from the larger whole to pierce the bodies of the puppets and drag them along with the mass to the final devastating moment-!

In that sense, it's something similar in nature to a certain cursed spear from the Land of Shadows, and-

-in the face of it, the puppets offer little resistance.

Bodies are pierced by arcs of black lightning and drawn into the screaming crashing abyss that was the impact zone of your attack; fusion spells were always known to be somewhat superior to their mundane counterparts regardless of their technical rank, but the sight of such things is somewhat rare to you as a member of Rothschild...

Still-!

While almost all targets blink out of existence in the aftermath, this cannot be said for all of them, namely-!

One puppet and the asshole version of what was apparently yourself...

You don't see it happen admittedly, but the make-shift radar made by Chris confirms that one of the 'puppets' or at least something bearing the same signature as the puppet, had made an extreme effort that none of the others had managed in order to get out of the way of your attack. They were the only one left now, a single red Dot that was moving rapidly down the streets of the city now, as if they had leaped from a window and started sprinting down through the empty town-!

As for the other you, well-!

He had batted the part of your magic that had come for him away as if it was entirely inconsequential, face set in a borderline growl as you dismiss him, a feeling of deep, deep loathing readily apparent even now that he is down below and you have moved to the top of a nearby building through Phantasm Step; if looks could kill you would probably be dead, but thankfully he doesn't seem to have that sort of magic, so the glares don't actually mean anything to you in the long run... Of course, you half expect an attack to follow said glare, and indeed, for a moment you can almost see his muscles tensing to go after you, but...

"..."

...After a split second, he seems to think better of it.

His muscles tense for a Phantasm Step of his own even as the sense of hostility towards you falls to zero, as if he had determined that something else was more important in spite of his personal grudge, and indeed...

He takes off after the fleeing puppet.

Or at least, that seems to be where he's headed, according to comparisons from the radar...

Meanwhile, in the other direction...

Two Goddesses stare each other down in what seems like complete silence; they have moved away from the buildings, coming to stand over the famous Starlight Lake the ward was known for, but...

Other than the rampant waters churning beneath their feet, it seems that they've come to a sort of... Stop...

Why?

You're not sure, you're not even sure if it's an actual stop or simply them having some sort of mental battle with each other, but...

Looking back and forth at all the different developments, well...
    Last edited by Airen; September 2nd, 2021 at 09:44 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    SDCD Dorms - Chris' Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

"...how's Blackrose?"
    "..."

---It's the first thing you say that gets an actual rise out of your apparent doppelganger.

Having kept a completely motionless expression even as you declared your intent to bring her in, even as her damaged arms sparks slightly with what must be at least some pain, it's only the usage of a forbidden but familiar name that pierces through her emotionless facade.

Even then, it's not by much...

The tightening of her mouth and the slight narrowing of eyes... They are so slight they might as well be imperceptible to a normal person of course, the sort of microexpressions that leave one wondering if perhaps they had simply imagined the change in their conversation partner's face themselves, but no...

You're sure you had seen it...

A brief flicker of... Something, before-

"...In a box."

-she gives you this as an answer.

Naturally, it's an infuriating sort of answer, the sort drowning in the double meanings and foreshadowings that are so annoyingly common to the people of the supernatural community, and thus, the sort of answer that you know that she knows you would find a bit annoying to hear, thus...

"..."

After a moment...

"...Trapped in hell might be a better answer."

She seems to relent at least this much, although her eyes focus hard on you afterwards as if doubling down on her search of your expressions, her grip on her pistol unshaken, meanwhile...

Behind her head, at the behest of what seems to be a purple laser pointer that Aleta (or at least what you assume is Aleta) seems to have found in Lexie's room...

... .... . .----. .-.. .-.. / -- .. ... ... / -.-- --- ..-

A single message, over and over again on the wall behind her head...

Although what she means by that, well...

Is sort of unclear...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    SDCD Dorms - Chris' Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Chris?
    "...In a box."

"...Trapped in hell might be a better answer."
    The quiet answer rings clear in the dark, silent room.

Chris nods, as if it's what she expected to hear. From herself, to herself, there can only be one meaning to those words. No matter what 'possibility' lies before her, she is sure that all the worlds in which Mokujima Chris finally steps out of her room are to help a friend in need.

Given that, there is only one appropriate response, from herself, to herself.

Raising her free hand, she slides off the redundant sunglasses, revealing a pair of eyes behind them, tired but not out. They are swiftly covered by her usual spectacles.

"Then hurry up and save her already."

A leap forward.

Pushing off with her good foot, Chris accelerates from a standstill in the blink of an eye, launching herself straight towards her double. Her form shrinks as she becomes an arrow flying forward-!

---one shot.

Reloading is too slow an option. She only has one shot at her disposal. Either it will disable the enemy, or it will fail and she will be taken down in turn. Against herself, that means a direct hit to the head, one the Harmonizer won't be able to dissipate into a mere flesh wound. Conversely, all the enemy needs to do is dodge or mitigate that one shot. From this distance, with her speed and perceptive ability, that's all but guaranteed.

Thus, the only option is to get close and find a perfect angle to launch an attack that can't be evaded. To charge towards the mouth of the gun and reach past it. To dodge what's aimed right at her and then counterattack from up close, where she is at her weakest.

It's not as if she trusts Aleta's message and believes her opponent will miss. There's no way she'll rely on someone she doesn't know, especially a civilian who should be under her protection. Rather, Mokujima Chris had planned to do this from the start, even if it meant taking a bullet or two to her vital organs.

Her arm is raised up. The arrow gleams in the dim light, pointed towards the enemy's head, setting off both of their danger senses to the highest level.

Regardless of what happens, 'she' will not be stopped here-!