Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Aoyama, Tokyo (F-Zero Course)
    ???

He sees it instead of recognizing it, his body moving on instinct. Rubble flies and impact after impact echoes, but his focus remains on his sight, because the stalwart demon that denied each and every one of Astra’s attacks, the Divine Law wrought by near all in creation in defiance of human understanding lies shattered under the weight of an incomprehensibly heavy blow. Mistletoe alone is not enough. Anyone can hold a key, but who has the strength to open the door?

"Logan, look out-!"
    An explosion obliterates the road he’d been poised to land on, distant force rattling his battered body even as he alights, ready to retaliate against the twofold blow sent to take him out but the next shot rains down, a veritable meteor of spirit power, so he jumps onto a streetlight, feeling it bend beneath his feet before flinging him toward a higher vantage point even as raw energy consigns it to oblivion, a mere herald of the next strike.

He sees it, the next typhoon compressed into a raindrop streaking through his eyes before tearing through the skies. As he leaps toward a shard of reinforced concrete yet to reach him, he realizes. He was wrong. The summoner, his enemy, wasn’t aiming for him. The
    world
    simulation
    was his target, and he’d blast it to pieces to get his way!

Logan kicks off toward one of the increasingly few platforms, a half-shattered billboard advertising a mobile game - and two comets streak by, veritable klaxon horns to his spirit sense. The first grazes the board, blasting half of it apart and forcing its metal support pole to the side in a violent screech. Now out of his reach, and without leeway for additional spells, there’s no other path for Logan but to fall into the abyss - until the second comet impacts behind him, its explosion knocking him forward toward the ruined sign. A thrust of Amelia sends him pivoting over what little remains of its surface, and he flies upward as more blasts of might send the tunnel he’d once cleared spinning toward him. Logan vaults from hand to foot to staff tip to more as explosions and destruction reign, leaping into the earth’s maw as the sky falls. Even in the tunnel’s darkness he dashes straight up at a full speed constantly proven wrong, each boom a drum beat that marshalls him forward, forward, forward. The more the world falls to pieces, the clearer the path ahead becomes. Amidst the world’s collapse and the future’s destruction, he emerges at the pinnacle.

He sees it. The culprit standing before him is the young man he’d ignored at the start, now drenched in blazing spirit power. He tosses the other Tamer, someone who’d somehow managed to hold fast against him into the Digital Sea like a cigarette cast from a car window and reaches out like he’s trying to block out annoying glare or pantomime grabbing the stars like a child. That’s all it takes.

Logan Starbright plummets like the foolish human he is straight into the abyss.

Darkness. Sinking into the deep. An agonizing journey. Gravity. Keeping people safe is my job, you know? Exhaustion. Pain. Benthic depths. Of all things. It’s been a year. Actualization of Reverie Complex. This was your fault. Logan! Weren’t you stronger than this? I won’t let this day end badly. Asphyxiation. Erased boundaries. Chained in a cave. A terrible fate. This is what I’m meant to be. What happened to your training? Of all things. Xanadu remains intact. No, I couldn’t even accomplish anything at all. Logan! Riptide. I’ll hug you so tight your bones crack. Bubbles rise up so that they don’t pop. Stars shine brightest before they die. Bubbles pop when they float up too high. Hope must play its role. Ephemeral and frail, like a day off. Liability. Too slow. Too weak. Spin and spin and round and round until you come apart. Bitter bloody cotton candy. Yvuoe dnoe wlel. Logan!

Logan surfaces, floating atop the surface like a worn chunk of driftwood.

: Logan! Are you okay!

: I’m fine, Amelia.

: And exactly what kind of ‘fine’ do you think you mean?

: I’m still here. At that guy’s mercy. No, at his apathy.

Amelia grimaces. She’s livid: at the summoner who endangered numerous people and injured her partner, at his casual dismissal, at the distance between them and him, and most of all at the fact that her partner shares all of that anger, and turns it entirely toward himself. She goes to speak, but someone else speaks first.

"We... Fell into the Sea… That sucks..."
    Logan feels an uncharacteristic sense of defeat from Astra’s words. The ocean churns, slowly calming itself as data ripples through its waves. Above him, endlessly high, is an empty sky. There’s no sign of the race track, the battle, or anything at all. Even if there was, what could he do?

He can’t fly.

As the waves slow and cease, the adrenaline and will that coursed through his veins and urged him forward seep away, each ebb and flow purging heat and leaving only exhaustion. Logan floats, but he is heavy. Heavy with exertion, with muscles and bones pushed beyond their breaking point. Heavy with despair, with a heart and soul lain low by an absolute dominance that decreed failure where he craved success. He is tired. And as a result, something else spills out of him.

“I’m sorry. I should’ve realized there was something off about him and gone after him from the start. I should’ve stopped him before he summoned that Tower. I sent that other Tamer straight to him, I should’ve realized he was the greater threat. I should’ve been stronger.” He looks at Astra. “I’m sorry for ruining your day off.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    ???

---It spills out.

The thoughts that you normally keep to yourself, the little needling voices in your head that continually stab away at your brain for every little error, come tumbling out of a mouth that does not think to hold them back in this instance... Perhaps the cause is a second 'defeat' so soon after a previous defeat, or a defeat coming shortly after a victory, or perhaps even...

You yourself can only really acknowledge your failures...

"..."

Yes.

The silver-haired girl turns her head to face you as you let out a rant of sorts, apologies to her in the same breath as self-loathing towards yourself, an automatic tendency to blame your own self for the things that go wrong around you, because...

You should be stronger.

You should be smarter.

You should be faster.

You should simply be correct.

Thoughts that rampage like a virus, an illness that you have yet to recover from, one that only truly shows it's pitiable side at times like this, but...

"Geez..."

...Her voice is clear.

"Enough with the self blame."

Clear and firm.

"This was all an ambush, and that Tower... I still get bad vibes from it."

Babel.

Certainly, a demon of potentially impossible power, especially if it's 'ability' was to brainwash and control other demons, but...

"A mind-controlling Demon Tower is just as much of a problem as it's freakish Summoner, and he kicked my ass too, so it's not like I'm any stronger than you."

She sighs again, trying to be helpful in her own way, but much like the Commander...

A bit rough around the edges with it, then again...

Rothschild members weren't known for their social grace...

"No one seems to have gotten seriously hurt, so I think this is okay. No different from any other hostile magic user showing up, the Tamers will take em down, no problem. Things won't go so easy for him next time, he ambushed everyone like a frickin coward this round, but we'll win in the end..."

Tamers always do after all, still...

"As for the day off..."

A light chuckle, even as she rolls over onto her stomach...

"I thought it was mostly fun... We got to drive a Formula Zero car, even if only for a little while, so I thought it was fine!"

A giggle...

"Sort of my fault we were here when everything went down anyway, if anything, I should be apologizing to you."

Silver-hair splayed out amongst the data of the broken false world, her silver eyes peer unblinking at you from a few feet away...

"Tried to distract you from what happened with your sister last week and now here you are miserable at the bottom of a broken simulation... Seems like that makes me a pretty bad date, eh?"

Another sigh, then...

"Maybe we can do something with less of a margin for interruption next time... Normal arcade, maybe?"

Eh?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    -Interlude-
    "A Messiah's Return"

"No dozing off."

---Three words.

Three words that greet him as he returns to a harsh reality that does not make sense to his eyes.

It's a prison cell, one designed to hold enemies of the state, no, under the circumstances that the World was currently under, it could be called the prison where the enemies of the World are kept, locked away from the rest of society in a manner similar to demon-kind, yes...

The dark haired young man can recognize this place, he had put a number of people inside of it himself, but...

His hands are chained behind his back.

Of course, such things would typically be considered a joke at best; to think that one could hold him with any sort of bind would be a fool's errand; while he does not like the term of 'Messiah,' this youth is certainly responsible for the salvation of the World from more than one perilous incident... He has crushed errant Gods and Almighty Princes of Hell with his bare hands, and so to think that an ordinary chain could bind him...

A joke.

Yes.

That is why it is no normal chain that binds him here in the darkness; a brief struggle confirms that it is at the very least a form of Forma -experimental magitechnology used only by certain government agencies- but the hardiness behind it, as well as it's insistent draining of his Spiritual Power reserves makes him regard it as some sort of Legacy Armament instead, an item that has acquired great power due to being at the heart of one of humanity's myths, in this case...

One of the chains that bound Fenrir, or something else...?

His mind clocks into overdrive as every part of him automatically begins moving towards his escape, but-

"Don't bother. We made sure you wouldn't be able to break those, traitor."

-a swift kick to the chest -reinforced with an immense amount of something like spiritual power- send the young man crashing against the cold steel floors of his cell, and...

---The disbelief grows stronger, after all, he recognizes that voice.

Yes.

He hadn't been able to place it right away, but this person, wasn't this-

"You think we weren't watching you? What the hell was all of that?!"

-the boot stomping down on his head extinguishes that thought for a moment, as the voice berates him incessantly...

"We sent you out weeks ago! You think this shit is a joke?! You had a single mission to carry out over there and you not only draw it out for weeks, you come running back home just because some kids called you? Piece of shit!"

---another blow, straight to his stomach this time, a kick made with absurd force that leaves even him gasping for air.

"..."

Even so, he doesn't make any noise beyond that.

Now that he's come to understand what this is, his only response is a silent glare from the floor at a person he had thought wouldn't betray him like this, but...

"And you've still got quite the smug look on your face-! Messiah my ass, you're a cowardly brat-!"

...This seems to be the flavor of the day.

Beatings.

Would this lead to torture?

Considering the nature of his failed assignment, most likely, still...

"Too damn soft-hearted... Think I don't get why? It sucks, the situation is shit, but it's them or us now, and you seem way too damn close to being on their side. As our strongest soldier, you know we can't have that..."

...This scenario is surreal.

The person wailing on him is the last person he would expect to do that, the equivalent of a teacher ambushing a student at they come home, and the look in his eyes...

There's a bizarre jewel-like shine to them, and...

"But don't worry. While you were away I was given an... Insurance Policy of sorts by one of ours, it works on people like you too, so don't think any innate resistance is gonna help you out here, sucks, but unlike you..."

The familiar shadow hovers over him in the darkness.

"I do what I gotta do, even if I gotta use you to do it. None of this wishy-washy morality shit."

It stays there for quite some time.

He's not afraid of it, but...

Things that can hurt you...

Don't often care if you're frightened by them or not.

Interlude Out.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    ???

"Geez… Enough with the self blame."
    Logan blinks, still submerged in the oozing mud of his self-flagellation. He wonders briefly if she’s angry with him for being so unsightly, so pathetic, but he dismisses the thought just as quickly. She sounds like Amelia. Still, it’s not like being caught by surprise is a valid excuse. That doesn’t undo Astra’s wounds, or that other girl’s.

"A mind-controlling Demon Tower is just as much of a problem as it's freakish Summoner, and he kicked my ass too, so it's not like I'm any stronger than you."
    That’s not true! You’re far better than me! Holding off those Demons on your own, supporting me during my own fight, it’s not at all shameful to fall to a powerful opponent like him! To say you’re only like me, that’s like saying… He chews his lip. It’s like you’re saying that I’m as good as you.

"No one seems to have gotten seriously hurt, so I think this is okay. No different from any other hostile magic user showing up, the Tamers will take ‘em down, no problem. Things won't go so easy for him next time, he ambushed everyone like a frickin coward this round, but we'll win in the end..."
    Those words are too sweet. Certainly, there are far stronger Tamers than he; living trump cards of humanity, directors, commanders, and Knights. They’d definitely succeed where he failed. But. That warm assurance isn’t something for Logan Starbright. His weakness cost Sarah Starbright her life, even if they won in the end. His complacency leads to casualties.

Logan releases his lip. Still, I’m weaker than I thought. Stronger Tamers will definitely defeat him, after all.

“Yeah. That’s true, isn’t it.” Logan sighs, his breaths coming lighter as he lies on the cool surface. “Thank you, Astra. And sorry about-”

“BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!”

Amelia manifests, standing on flickering data as she glares down at him.

“Stop blaming yourself for things that random criminals do. You haven’t done anything you need to apologize for, so stop apologizing! If you said sorry any more you’d be playing a board game!”

“But-”

“You did your best the entire time, right?”

“I tried to, but-”

“And no one died or got critically injured, right?”

“Well, I don’t see any sign of that red-haired Tamer. It looked like Beelzebub went to catch her, but I did slow him down, so-”

“He managed to catch her, so she’s probably safely floating in pus or something.”

“...Does that really count as safe?”

“Anyways, you even stopped a hostile Demon infestation!”

“Any Tamer in my situation would’ve done the same.”

“But you did it. So Logan, listen up, because you don’t hear this nearly enough.”

: “You’ve done well.”

At that, Logan goes silent. It’s just a bit, just a little bit, but he feels something small and warm.

: “Thanks, Amelia.”

: “Any time, partner.”

: “Now I’ll leave you two to it!”

And with that, her projection fades. Logan facepalms, then refocuses on Astra as she speaks.

"As for the day off… I thought it was mostly fun... We got to drive a Formula Zero car, even if only for a little while, so I thought it was fine!"
    “I’m glad to hear it.” He feels her laughs echo through him; it’s a pleasant feeling. “Honestly, that was my first time in a place like that as well.”

"Sort of my fault we were here when everything went down anyway, if anything, I should be apologizing to you."
    He wants to retort immediately: ‘That’s not true! There’s no way you could’ve predicted this!’ But he meets her gaze, those silver eyes of hers glittering with the erratic sparkling of the data below, and waits. There’s something else she wants to say.

"Tried to distract you from what happened with your sister last week and now here you are miserable at the bottom of a broken simulation... Seems like that makes me a pretty bad date, eh?"
    “Wha?” Logan Starbright, experienced Spirit Tamer and artificial clairvoyant, is well and truly stunned. Certainly, he’d hit the simulators harder than ever the moment he had the chance. He’d finally found a goal again, and every cell in his body screamed to reach
    her
    it
    as quickly as possible no matter what, with no time for rest, because there was no guarantee that he’d see her again. But had he really been so driven that even Astra was concerned? Actually, when was the last time he’d taken a break for his own sake? His birthday? Though that was more of an ultimatum from Amelia than anything voluntary.

"Maybe we can do something with less of a margin for interruption next time... Normal arcade, maybe?"
    “Um, thanks. Thank you. And you shouldn’t blame yourself for any of this. That guy’s the one who attacked the course, and I’m the one who decided to wallow. You were a great date. This day, being with you, was a lot of fun.” That awkward heat inside of him is larger now, spreading toward his face and eyes. “I guess I was more intense than usual, wasn’t I? I never really had an idea of where I was supposed to go before, so when I finally got one I had to go as fast as I could, I thought.” His face itches, so he tries moving an arm to scratch it and winces. “Though I guess I’ll be slowing down a bit after that cannon shot. The driving was fun, but the obstacles, not so much.” He smiles a bit. “So thank you again, Astra. I really appreciate it.” Logan takes another breath, at last unlabored. “But an arcade next, huh? That sounds fun, so just tell me when. Try not to clear out the whole rewards desk, though.”

A cheerful voice rings out from the pen-sized COMP in his hand.

: “And here you are acting all innocent Logan. You always claim you’re not interested in competitions, but the moment one starts you go ‘I won’t lose.’ and cheat like crazy with Eye of the Fates!”

: “Wait wait wait, how is that cheating? I’m just using everything I have at my disposal. If anything, wouldn’t it be disrespectful to hold back against an opponent?”

: “That’s exactly the kind of logic that makes some 10-year-old online cry.”

: “I’ve never made a kid cry like that! At least I don’t think I have. Astra, Amelia’s wrong, right?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    ???
    ??? ~ Full Moon

Blaise rested his eyes upon the form of a girl next to him... and let out a quiet sigh. His was a face who wanted to rap his knuckles gently at the top of her head, as if to admonish her of something... though while he certainly looked like he wanted to do it, he didn't actually proceed with the gesture. Perhaps this was a part of the mindset he had mentioned before - that one shouldn't force their ways upon animals, and people in general. Instead, they should be allowed to grow accustomed to you, and to become comfortable with you, before doing something like that.

In that sense, he was treating the mysterious girl in much the same way.

He didn't keep his distance, but he didn't close it in either. Instead, he allowed the girl who had made this moment possible to proceed on her own pace, so that she might do what she needed to and wanted to.

Though, then again...

"... You doofus. Don't overexert yourself. I'm not important enough to talk to that you'd have to push yourself to exhaustion point," Blaise said and gave a poignant look to the girl next to him. "If you're tired, just let it go. We can catch up some other time. Maybe on the 14th of December, when you and your rabbits try to, in vain, defeat the soba shop once I've opened the portal to the meat dimension. I mean... it's not like you're gonna spend all that time eating, right?"

A dryly amused smile rose to his face, and he closed one of his eyes.

"We can continue our talk then, if you want. My home might not be as fancy as this place you've made, but it has its charm. And if we need privacy, we can just climb to the roof. The view from there is pretty special, especially after few cups of sake," the blonde youth continued. "In other words, don't worry - your stamina ain't bad. We had plenty of time, and you showed me something beautiful. That's enough for me, for now."

Setting aside his cup, as if to announce he had drank enough, Blaise nodded to himself and closed his eyes, falling back to the grass to enjoy its soft sensation one last time with his back. He spread his arms, almost like a child, feeling the chill, gentle breeze from the moon as it swept across the grassy field.

"So... feel free to let it go, and rest up. I don't want you to exhaust yourself on my behalf."

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    ???
    ??? ~ Full Moon

"..."

For a moment, the woman simply stares at your relaxed form, laying amongst the cool grass of a beautiful but unnatural night... It's not a stare that you can see -considering your closed eyes- but one that you can feel as it lingers on your body, and...

Smiles.

A gentle smile that can't be seen, no, one that emerges for just a moment...

As a giggle.

A childish laugh that rings like a bell, dancing on the winds of the night...

"Very well, the 14th of December then~"

...The world trembles again, but it doesn't bother you anymore.

It's a sign of the 'World' around you ceasing to be, like the tremors one feels just before falling asleep, or perhaps, just before awakening...

"Don't forget about it this time, or I really will be angry with you."

Yes...

Opening your eyes wouldn't reveal anything now, and thus, you're left with simple words to see you off, namely...

"Even my heart can be a bit fragile at times, after all~"

Light teasing, as the world drifts away...

---

Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

---You're laying on something warm.

Different from the cool grass beneath the Full Moon, this is a warmth that your scattered mind can only call 'alive,' yes...

You're laying on someone.

"..."

Of course, it makes some sense that you'd 'come-to' on the ground of the cave... When the false world fades the only thing you can return to is that of the real world, and thus, the idea that someone might have come across your unconscious body and done something with it isn't impossible, but...

...It's not the one you would expect it to be, indeed, the blurry vision -shared with Kaguya, who seems to have been 'asleep' herself up until now- reveals silver-hair resting on your arms, so it's not a certain orphanage caretaker, instead...

"Hmm, I see. At least one of you is awake.

Oh God.

The grinning face of Irmina Von Einzbern looks down at you-!

Vulnerable, in her lap-!

"Stone floors are bad for your posture you know? I thought you kids would be taught better than this!"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

".........................."

Oh.

Oh no.

This is.... oh no.

Blaise felt the function of his brain screech into a halt as he stared upwards, into the grinning face of the
    satan
    nurse
    that gazed down at him like she had won some sort of game. It was like all his neural impulses had put on the brakes, burnt the rubber off their tires and escaped screaming into the dark void of his grey matter, away from the usual pathways. That was why he was left there, looking dumbfounded and utterly confused, at the sight before him. The nightmarish sight before him.

It was a...

--- Situation with no escape.

--- Situation with no hope.

--- Situation with no salvation.

All of them and so much more.

"........................"

What should he do?

What could he do?

It was not like he could act on his natural instincts and throw a punch towards the face of the monster that he saw before him - that would have been not only a breach of school rules and etiquette, but also very rude towards the woman. Indeed, punching girls was very rude and honestly not something Blaise wanted to do if he could help it. If anything, he considered anyone who caused violence towards girls the lowest of the low, and the unmanliest of men. Whether or not the girl was supernaturally powerful or not wasn't the point - it was about the intent and principle. Therefore, as much as his instincts screamed him to, Blaise stayed his hand. He didn't want to disappoint his mother by getting violent with a teacher, or a woman.

But that left him with a problem.

... What should he do?

Well, first of all... he should probably say something.

Say anything.

He thought for a moment, and...

"... Bad for posture? I... I suppose so. In that case, thanks for lending me your lap," Blaise stoically said, using the first words that came to his lips. "It's... uh... comfortable, I guess? Though, it does raise a question..."

He glanced around the cave, trying to assert his situation.

"... How far will I get if I try to run now?"

It was a honest question.

And he expected a honest answer.

Indeed, these were the thoughts and words Blaise Pendragon used and brought to the surface.

Even if...

Even if...

Somewhere in his mind, something that should have never been allowed to exist raised its head.

YOROKOBE SHOUNEN
    "Rejoice, young man."

"Your wish has finally come true."

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

"Distance?"

As could perhaps be expected from the eccentric nurse, the silver-haired woman actually raises a finger to her chin in thought as she honestly considers the question, removing her eyes from you for a moment that could certainly be classified as a form of extended mistake, and...

"Well, I more or less have you pinned already, but I'm pretty sure you're stronger than me..."

...honest thought.

Yes.

Going through calculations and justifications in her mind, the woman is honestly trying to answer the question that has been presented to her, mostly because it is a student doing the asking...

"Could summon up some strength and break loose I guess, and if you ignore your friend laying over there... That'd probably get you a good forty meters or so away before I can chase you? Although I think I'd catch up to you this time."

Yes.

Yuriko is laying on the ground nearby, specifically, the nurse seems to have made her a pillow out of her usual lab coat... The cave itself has shrunk in size from what the magically induced hallucinations (or at least what seemed to have been hallucinations) had shown you, and thus, it's a simple cave with what is probably a dead end on the other side of it, a scattered land of stalagmites that make it hard to see the far wall, but that you can't imagine as holding the castle you had seen in your insanity...

Yuriko is certainly in grabbing range, but...

"Probably cut that in half if you grab her though, but that could be fun too!"

Her eyes are sparkling now...

There's a weird sigil on the back of one of your hands -although right now you can't bring yourself to focus on it- because...

"So, what'll it be this time?"

Removing her hands from your shoulders, the beaming nurse seems to be...

Giving you the 'okay' to run, of course, that might just mean...

She enjoys the chase...
    Last edited by Airen; June 27th, 2020 at 05:56 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

"... I wouldn't exactly call this 'pinned down', but eh..."

There were few options here. Getting a 40-meter headstart to the nurse was nothing to sneeze at, considering at that point, it could have gone either way. She might have caught him, though depending on the way out of the cave and how it had changed (rather, how tough the walls were) he might have gotten away... but he couldn't exactly do that. Not on good conscience anyway.

After all, Yuriko was still there... and unconscious from the looks of it.

Even if she had been awake, he couldn't have left her in the clutches of the white demon hovering above him, and, honestly, more importantly...

... He wasn't about to leave an unconscious buddy on her own.

Escaping the nurse he had grown... well, scared was too strong of a word, "wary" maybe... yes, nurse he was wary of was one thing, but when weighed against his worry for his friends, it didn't stand a chance. He'd much rather subject himself to whatever hell the nurse was planning if it meant he could be there makign sure Yuriko was alright. Especially since he had been the one to run after that... thing, pulling her after him. This was his fault, no doubt about that. And his mother had taught him better than to shirk his responsibility. Thus, he wouldn't abandon her.

There was time and place for everything, and now, it was the time to make sure nothing bad had happened to the girl.

"... Mm. I think I'll pass. I'm mentally exhausted thanks to... this, anyways," Blaise answered, making a vague gesture with his hand. "I'll escape later but now, there's more important things to take care of."

It was a promise, perhaps. If the nurse really found chasing students fun, and was looking forward to it now, Blaise would oblige... at a later date. As long as she would leave her nightmarish methods to a later date too.

That was said by the way the blonde youth's gaze became more serious.

"More importantly, is she alright?" He asked. "I know she's tough, but, uh... what happened, and that thing..."

Blaise frowned as he remembered the
    cats
    hell

"... It might have been too much for her to take in," he continued. "I wouldn't blame if she was unconscious but... is she alright otherwise?"

Thinking a bit, Blaise then nodded to himself. This was possibly a serious situation, so it was best to come clean and lay it all on the table. As demented as she sometimes seemed, this woman was an actual nurse, and part of the school staff. They also must have been late for the detention, which meant the repercussions of this little excursion weighed even more heavily on his shoulders. And lastly, thanks to his poor decision, Yuriko was now unconscious.

As said, his mother had taught him well.

So, he wouldn't make excuses.

"Look, what happened... what we did..." Blaise started, searching for the right words. "... At the end of the day, I was the one who started it all. She just got swept away in the moment. So, uh..."

He steeled his gaze, locking it with Irmina.

"... I'll take the responsibility. As a man should."

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

"...Good to hear."

It's almost shocking, to see the silver-haired woman put on a face that almost seemed appropriate for that of a teacher... Lacking the maniacal sort of glint that normally exists in her eyes, along with the vague promises of some future medical torment, it seems that your choice of reacting in a more serious manner had drawn out something a bit more respectable from the nurse, and indeed...

While she does seem a little disappointed that you weren't gonna try your luck again today, she had ultimately just let loose those three words with a bit of a chuckle and a sigh, shaking her head as she does...

"That's the honorable thing to do, I can't say I hate it, so I'll take it into account after figuring out exactly what happened here..."

So it seems she doesn't know either, although having brought up questions about your friend's health, the nurse simply smiles down at you from your position on her lap, a resigned position to be sure, but one that isn't exactly... Uncomfortable...

Even if you remain somewhat resolute in your wariness-!

"She seems fine physically and mentally, just exhausted, more or less."

Her eyes narrow in thought for a moment, and then close entirely:

"From what I can tell, the two of you were put under some sort of illusion and drawn here... I'm not sure what you saw of course and I wasn't able to find a culprit, but I did hear some... Mutterings... From Yuriko-chan in her sleep."

She raises an eyebrow.

The expression is alarming, because it is absolutely that of a 'proper sensei' and thus doesn't seem to fit her image at all-!

"Some sort of weird cats~? Big eyes? Nya? What exactly were you guys seeing?"

And while there's a hint of teasing in it...

She does seem genuinely curious...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    ???

She laughs.

"Of course she's wrong! Hit em with all you got, no matter who the opponent is-!"

Of course it's only natural that she thinks in that sort of manner, in Astra's eyes it would absolutely be disrespectful to hold back against an opponent... There are a number of ways in which one can come to connect with others, some do it through normal methods such as conversation, but one's ability to connect with someone else through combat should also never be underestimated...

A fight is, after all, something close to a clash between souls.

She is capable of understanding others in more normal ways of course -this little event proved that much at least- but she would certainly have a sort of passionate appreciation for conflict that others might not share...

Then again, for members of Rothschild, perhaps that sort of method for 'connecting' with others was the most suitable, either way...

"Besides, knowing kids nowadays, that hypothetical ten year old would totally be cheating too-!"

The levity of your little exchange is enough to bring the mood of the group back up a couple of notches all on it's own, however...

For some reason...

Your hand is burning...

Yes.

Acquired Trait: World Crest: Xanadu

Something has appeared along the back of it.

Some sort of sigil; likely magical, considering the light touch of reiki you can feel flowing from it, illuminating it a dual blue for a moment, but...

You are not given much time to comprehend it.

Indeed, as suddenly as it appears, as quickly as the mood of the people down here in the water has increased...

Their escape comes in the form of something rather eccentric, or rather, they are pulled from the broken digital world in a manner that is not 'normal.'

Yes.

Because artificial worlds are possible to create through computer data, it is only natural that a number of safeguards exist to keep the 'data' inside of the world safe... One's
    soul
    mind
    pilots a digital avatar of themselves for one thing -unless they are exploring the Demonic Server- and in the event that the world crashes without the 'mind' being able to return, there are layers like this, the digital sea, that gives ones consciousness a place to exist while their mind is fished out from the sea by others, a sort of safety net if you will...

Returning to the world is thus perceived as a light pull on your mind, a fade to black, something like waking up from a dream, but what happens now...

Is not quite that, no, instead there's a rumbling of sorts as the Digital Sea quakes, quakes at the appearance of someone being summoned into the remnants of a broken artificial world, and-!

"Okay! Found em!"

-A woman, no, a certain Goddess of Humanity...

Comes sweeping out of time and space like a storm, outstretched arms grabbing not just you but Astra as well, before...

"Sorry I'm late~ I'll get you two out of here now, okay?"

Carrying you back to the world you knew.

Your reality.

A place where reports of this incident will probably have to be made, and where...

The End of a Week is certainly approaching...

Logan Starbright/Amelia
    Zero Seal/Empty City
    END

Next time...

Death of the X-Cross/Future Lost
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

Blaise grimaced.

The rest said about that insanity they had been warped into, most likely thanks to the strange girl he had met later, the better. Still... he would have to give some sort of explanation when it came to all this - if he didn't, things would just get more complicated. Only, he wasn't exactly sure he should oust the girl he had met afterwards. For some reason, talking about her with others - at least relative strangers like the doctor, didn't seem like the right thing to do. He might have to bring it up later with Ane-san (since one of her maids had been moonlighting as a bunny, apparently) or with his sister, but... those were discussions for a later time.

He would just have to leave off the last part of his experiences.

"Well..."

Having made his decision, Blaise unconsciously adjusted his head on the lap to get more comfortable, and started his explanation.

"It was... a cat hell," he said, with no other words to put it. "As we were heading to the detention, we came across... a thing. Not an actual cat, but some sort of... abomination that vague-looked like one. Honestly, it was something that couldn't be allowed to roam freely. Just the mere sight of it was enough to make me figure that out. So, uh... I gave it a chase. Yuriko gave after me, and then it led us to this cave..."

Blaise frowned as he scanned his environment.

"... Only it wasn't this cave. It was some sort of great cat's village, lined up with tiny houses and with a castle looming in the distance - the type of place you'd see guarded by a knight wielding a cello-shaped pilebunker, really," Blaise explained, not exactly sure where his analogy came from - yet somehow it felt right. "So, we confronted the creature and... we got into a fight. Suddenly there were more of things, more than I ever wanted to see, and..."

He clicked his tongue.

This wasn't an easy memory to talk about.

"... I dunno, I think I blacked out by the time I was about to rocket into the leader. After that, I woke up here," he said, almost patting the thighs he rested on to signal what he meant. "And that's more or less it."

A moment of silence, then...

"--- I have no idea either what it was about."

Honesty.

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

"---I see."

A surprising statement, because you're not sure there's actually anything inside of all of that to see-!

Recalling it now, the sheer insanity that you had been subjected to inside of this cave was one that didn't seem to have any purpose hidden within it at all... It was a horrific scene of mind-crushing proportions yes, but something that was akin to a joke route in the fighting game you could call your life (to use bizarre analogies that continue to come to mind) something that likely doesn't bear much worth looking into...

It was like a fever dream.

Both the words of the mysterious girl you had met, and this particularly bizarre nurse, imply that the entirety of the event was the result of being placed under some sort of illusion, mental interference in other words... Your own mind's insistence that the events of the cave were not real had probably been your subconscious rebelling against the illusion, or something like that anyway, but...

"...Hmmm."

The nurse keeps making odd sounds to herself, as you describe the creatures to her. They are clearly thinking noises, the noises one makes when they are putting a bit too much thought into something that shouldn't have any real meaning at all...

---Please, let it have no real meaning at all.

Is that the prayer that comes to mind?

Who knows.

This entire day had been bizarre...

"Cat hell... Ah, Neko Arcs..."

---She makes a face.

Her lap is quite comfortable -the urge to actually pat her thighs had been difficult to suppress for some reason- but the face that woman makes is not the one you would have wanted, because it is a face that screams sympathy for your situation, yes... It's like...

'I'm sorry you had to go through that'

Or something like that, a pure unfiltered sincerity that strikes deep because it implies those creatures weren't some sort of eldritch nightmare the mysterious girl had dreamed up on her own, but something that actually has a name...

"...I'm sure it didn't mean anything, not blatantly, anyway."

Ultimately, she closes her eyes and says this, and it's hard to tell if she really believes that herself...

"It's a bit concerning that my nightmares are somehow popping up in other people's heads now, but that's nothing for you to worry about."

She pats you lightly on the head...

"It's okay. They can't reach you here, those cats are from where I'm from, there aren't any real ones in this World."

She pauses.

One finger rises to rest beneath her chin as her eyes go towards the cave's ceiling, and then...

"...Probably."

A decisive nod...

"..."

...There's a lot wrong with that nonchalance of hers...

And even more than that...

...She had let something absurd slip through there earlier...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

He hadn't heard anything.

In that moment, Blaise Pendragon willingly made himself deaf for just a moment or two - or rather, his mind realized the danger and shut off his ability to understand human speech to avoid realizing what the nurse had just let slip. Yes, that must have been it. It wasn't that he was in so much denial that he refused to acknowledge the absurd and horrifying statement that had been thrown his way way too casually. Yes, that certainly wasn't it. That couldn't have been it. He wouldn't let that be it. Instead, he would succumb to his own delusion and let this thing fly out of the window and hope he would never have to see it again.

It was a type of mental defense that his old man had once called "Denseness".

--- Incidentally, he himself had never learned to do it on-demand, but apparently Blaise was naturally gifted with it.

Or so his father had claimed.

Whatever that meant.

Well, whatever it meant, Blaise was glad for it now. It allowed him to push past this nightmare, and try to hurry onto other topics so he could leave it all behind.

Namely...

"A-anyways... what about the detention?" He asked, eyeing the face above him. "I have no idea how late it is, though I'm guessing a lot if you came looking for us. Guess we accidentally ditched that, huh?"

Blaise grimaced.

He knew that skipping the detention wouldn't leave to anything good. He already held disdain for the whole school, it's faculty, and that pompous Student Council President... and this incident would just give them more ammunition to get on his case. But it would no doubt make it's way to the ears of his family, and that was the only thing he really cared about. The school and it's people he could shut off by just ignoring them, but his family...

... That was where the real danger was.

"--- So. Guessing there's some punishment for that, huh?" He asked, steeling himself for the repercussions.

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

---Just push past it.

Whatever nonsense she had just let slip about eldritch horrors and theoretical alternate universes can fly out the window and shatter into a million pieces-! Your mind's automatic defenses shoot into overdrive to unhear that which surely cannot be heard, a form of denseness that goes past the usual and soon condenses into a social neutron star, yes...

Complete shut down.

Move on.

Move on.

Move on.

Just punish you already-!

"Ah yes, the detention, fufufufu~"

Thankfully, this nurse's reactions seem pretty easy to bait...

Give her something like this to lord over you, and surely she'll change the topic of her own accord-!

Yes.

She fufu's like some sort of empress, going through the overly-animated motions with a degree that border on the stereotypical, before-!

"It's around sunset right now."

Answering your question with a certain cheerful -too cheerful perhaps- glee...

"When you didn't show up, Yuka-san was quite upset~"

Ah...

She laughs.

"Of course, as the school nurse, I do not wish to see my students perish for actions of teenage rebellion and thus I acted quickly-!"

And then claps her hands.

"I told everyone I changed your punishments to working with me! You couldn't make it to today's detention because I carelessly mixed up the dates and had you and Yuriko-chan running errands for me in town~"

---This person is hard to read.

---By that, there's more than a slight chance that she's crazy, but then again, most people nowadays were at least a little crazy...

Exposure to the supernatural world would do that to you...

"So you dodged the metaphorical bullet today~ In my benevolence I have spared you by taking you under my wing~ But now~"

She grins.

Her face lowers slightly, and you can't look away from her eyes...

"You~ Two~ Are~ Stuck~ With~ Me~ For~ Awhile~"

A questionable fate, punctuated with bizarre emphasis...

"You have about two weeks to be more specific, you have a lot of hours to make up~ Yuriko-chan has a bit less~"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

Two weeks with this lunatic...

Blaise couldn't help the sigh that escaped his lips.

It was honestly not as bad as he might have expected... yet at the same time it was even worse than he could have imagined. Avoiding the wrath of Aunt Yuka was great - that was one thing he didn't want to face. Yet at the same time this meant he had to act as a gopher for this... honestly, could he even call her a school nurse? It was obvious she was off her rocker, and it was quite possible she was just some crazy person off the street who had once put on a labcoat and decided to impersonate one. And the faculty hadn't objected, because the rest of the faculty in his school was just that insane.

Still. Anyways.

This was both a blessing and a curse.

Therefore...

"... Fine. If that takes care of it, I'll just grin and bear it until I can take off. But two weeks and no more. No adjusting the deal after it's done, cause at that point I really am gonna just drop outta that school," Blaise grimly answered, locking his eyes with those of the nurse. "And - just to make sure - I'm not gonna take part in any mad experiments or torture of other people. If you try to rope me into something like that, I'm reporting you to the police. And that'd be the first for me, yet I'm willing to do it."

He knew that he had to put his foot down somewhere, and while he was thankful for this second chance, he knew that it could go wrong in so many ways.

He wasn't going to become an accomplice to so sort of mad scientist - no way, no how.

Even if it meant facing the wrath of his family.

And more than that, he---

Hmm? Wait?

Why did I suddenly get a chill?

Something about what she had said should've made me already scream in realization.

That is, erm, let's see...

Quote Originally Posted by Oh No
    "It's around sunset right now."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh God No
    "...around sunset..."

Quote Originally Posted by NO
    "...sunset..."

"--------------!"

Instinctively, Blaise slammed his hands at the sides of his head, as if trying to craddle migraine that had exploded to the scene. Only, he hadn't slapped his head. There was something there to prevent it. Yet, there had certainly been a powerful sound. Sound that had echoed from Blaise slapping his hands against the thighs he was resting upon, creating a noise that echoed in the cave. For some reason he noted that it was a pretty wonderful sound, and the sensation wasn't that bad either, but no... no, more than that weird, thought, he had something else to focus on now.

Something dreadful.

He had to act now, before the whole of Aoyama - no, whole of Tokyo - would become a ghost city full of dead.

"Goddammit!"

Blaise jumped up from his pillow, back to his own two feet, and whirled around, looking the nurse straight in the eyes.

"Sorry, but I gotta go!" the blonde youth exclaimed, like he hadn't just slapped the thighs of his school nurse. "And fast! If I don't feed her before midnight...!"

Cold sweat was streaming down his forehead as bullets.

"... We're all gonna be in trouble...!"

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior

"..."

---Silence.

In many ways, the response that makes the most sense.

While Blaise Pendragon may not realize it, the sudden course of actions he has taken over the past handful of seconds, of hands striking a -strangely pleasing- surface, and the sudden silence that has come over the nurse that had been going on and on about "being a perfectly ethical medical practitioner," and "a firm follower of the Hippocratic Oath," silence that had been brought on by those very same actions, yes...

"..."

...For a moment she certainly goes completely silent, no, not just that, completely still...

She doesn't say anything about your ramblings, mind focused on the dense audacity of a certain action that she hadn't actually expected a student to do, simply stares back at you with an expression that is hard to place, and then-

"...Okay."

-it's not a fancy answer.

There are no "ohoho's" or "fufufu's" to be found within its depths...

It's simply a shocked answer, a casual admittance that she has heard what you are saying, and has given you the okay to leave, and thus...

You do.

---There is a terror that may be set loose in
    Isamu's Base
    Aoyama
    that only you can defeat-!

A terror that craves more food than a high-school delinquent who lives off of fast-food can manifest-! Yes, the demon that lays around as a massive freeloader on a certain couch, tapping away at video-games as she lazily kicks her feet back and forth in the air-! A person that is supposed to be a 'vampire,' but is about as threatening in most situations as a baby rabbit-!

That person-!

You had forgotten to feed that person-!

And thus you fly...

Out of the cave, sprinting into a horizon that has been painted many colors, a gradient world of golds and oranges that flicker like living flames, and behind you...

"...Kid's got guts."

A nurse chuckles quietly to herself, even as a certain student comes too, and...

"Irmina-sensei... If you keep up the crazy act... Everyone is gonna be scared of you..."

"Yes, yes. Doesn't that sound like it'd be an interesting atmosphere? Fufufu..."

Questions the nurse that has risen to stand, sweeping the dust from her knees even as she moves to help a student stand...

And behind them...

One more thing...

Something neither of them will see, indeed, something neither of them will ever here...

"We'll get him next time, nya~"

The horror of a cat-creature that is far too real, yes...

Like something that had crawled right out of what should have just been a dream...

Blaise Pendragon/Kaguya
    Zero Seal/Empty City
    END

Next time...

Death of the X-Cross/Future Lost

Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Intermission
    "Daydream Syndrome"
    ???

---The silence was beginning to become familiar.

Footsteps that reverberate through hallways that are lit only with the dim hum of nearby equipment, of a building that had been crafted by many hands, shaped by many wills, and yet now was kept intact only by the machinations of a few.

Of them, that person was one.

He walks alone through hallway after hallway, a daily routine, to make sure that everything is still in working order, to make sure that the status quo can continue, yes...

His name is unimportant.

He hasn't thought about 'who' he was for awhile now, after all, that sort of identity doesn't matter under these sorts of circumstances.

He simply has a job to do, to keep everything running so that everything will go as smoothly as it possibly can, and thus he moves along his daily routine as he always does...

"All Systems Clear!"

Computer Diagnostics can only be trusted so much, but the positive response of the automated system is still a comforting one; the cheerful voice of the A.I that had once manned this place is gone, absorbed in some other sort of task, but the plume-less models remain intact...

They are older tech, lacking a 'soul,' and thus not a true A.I in any real sense, but...

It is something.

Another voice to hear, here in the soundless world.

His footsteps carry him to the base of the Tower.

Tall.

Imposing in some ways, a figure that one might describe as breaching the Heavens if it hadn't already done so long ago, yes...

This is his job right now.

Maintenance of this System, it was his specialty after all...

He works quickly.

Automated movements born from repetition, of having gone through this process countless times, his own hands tell him the diagnostics was correct, and thus the man retreats as he always does...

Back down the silent hallways.

Dull Humming of the Lights.

Silence.

It's painfully silent, yes...

He returns to his quarters and transmits the data.

All clear everywhere else too.

That's good, the system was never designed to fail, but interference from other parties had been theorized to be possible.

Take no chances.

That is why his task was what it was, because it was in this world's nature to prepare even for the worst.

That is why...

A Timer, so he can rest...

One Hour.

In an hour, he will repeat these actions once more.

Again and Again.

Over and Over.

Like a feverish daydream...

That is, in the end...

All he can do, after all...

And thus...

The World Keeps Going On Without Him.

Intermission Out

Last edited by Airen; June 9th, 2022 at 05:31 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Together in the Sea of Souls
    We Are All Connected by this Ocean...

S.Link Reference Scale

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    ....................8 9 10

Blaise Pendragon

Name: Blaise Pendragon
    Class: Spirit Tamer (?)

Social Links

Noriko Mochizuki: 5
    Tsukiko Aido: 3
    Matsumoto Isamu:2
    Kagura: ?
    Irmina Von Einzbern: 2
    Miyamoto Yuriko: 3

Cosmos Fairchild

Name: Cosmos Fairchild
    Class: Spirit Tamer/???

Social Links (Tamer)

Alyx Kingsleigh: 5
    Isaac Angelos: 1
    Mary Fairchild: 5
    Saria Justus: 2
    Namasaki Kenji: 1
    Miyu: 2
    Ariel Lynx: 1
    Chisana Risu: 1
    Aesop: 1
    Man of Light: ?
    Kagura: 1

Notable COMP Links

Burroughs: 0

Eva

Name: Eva Ellet
    Class: Spirit Tamer/Suppression Weapon

Social Links

Agatha: 3
    Nakamura Megumi: 2
    Alisa Kingsleigh: 2
    Catherine: 3
    Goro: 2

Ayra Lilygrove

Name: Ayra Lilygrove
    Class: Spirit Tamer/Joker

Social Links

Akarana Lloyd: 2
    Levy: 1
    Eliza Cross: 3
    Genbu: 1
    Yonagi Tsukiko: 5 (?)
    Alexia Wright: 1
    Akarana Charlotte: 1

Logan Starbright

Name: Logan Starbright
    Class: Spirit Tamer

Social Links

Sarah Starbright: ?
    Adala Lagerkvist: 2
    Tsukino Lucia: 1
    Astra Palesch: 4
    Anna Ashford: 1
    Omega: 2
    Beelzebub: 1

Notable COMP Links

Burroughs: 2

Ludwig Karlfeldt

Name: Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Class: Spirit Tamer/ESPer

Social Links

Lara Karlfeldt: ?
    Anna Ashford: 4
    Adala Lagerkvist: 3
    Alexia Wright: 1
    Fenrir: 2

Raz Stone

Name: Raz
    Class: Spirit Tamer/Idol

Social Links

Mikazuki Serena: 4
    Ryan Winters: 2
    Erika Winters: 3
    Sara Cross: 2
    Matador: 3
    Ada Stone: 5
    Merlin: 2
    Nagatani Isako: 1

Notable COMP Links

Burroughs: 4
    Lucid: 3

Amamiya Sho

Name: Amamiya Sho
    Class: Spirit Tamer

Social Links

Nadia Starr: 4
    Claire Mongeau: 0
    Liane Cross: 2
    Jack: 3
    Namasaki Shuichi: ?
    Ibaraki: 2
    Saria Justus: 2
    Ruu: 1
    Irmina Von Einzbern: 2
    Bully Whose Name You've Already Forgotten: -1
    Miyagawa Hitoshi: 1

Tanaka Prize!

-Trial Sword-
    Not actually a sword! It's a sword hilt that was apparently made from a 'certain tree' in the Demonic Server! It doesn't seem to have any activatable powers of it's own, although, if it's used as the basis for something else...

-Seems like Nadia pulled through!

Mokujima Chris

Name: Mokujima Chris
    Class: Spirit Tamer/Spirit Smith

Social Links

Namasaki Shuichi: 3
    Lexie Davis: 4
    Sakurako: ?
    Liane Cross: 1
    Namasaki Kenji: 2

Notable COMP Links

Burroughs: 2
    Lexie: 3
    History: 3
    Saya: 2

Tanaka Results!

-Jet Boots-
    A pair of magi-tech boots, made with a tron-esque aesthetic to them that went somewhat out of style a few years back. Allows the use of the "Spirit Burst" spell for movement purposes, or for attacks that involve one's legs, such as for enhancing the power behind kick-style attacks. Not very durable, it is nevertheless a common armagus used by those who would rather save their COMP's spell slots for other things.

Uses charges to function, at the moment, the number of charges possessed by this item is five. Charges can be replenished during Free Phases, or more rarely, through Events.

Hyakka Onjouji

Name: Hyakka Onjouji
    Class: Spirit Tamer/???

Social Links

Saki Ryuumonbuchi: 2
    Belial: 2
    Man of Light: ?
    Ikushima Kaori: 3
    Nanaya Akane: 3
    Nakahara Hiroki: 3
    Fujimoto Kayo: 2
    No Name: 1

Last edited by Airen; July 6th, 2020 at 06:13 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries

---Certainly, it is in it's nature as a fairy to wander as it pleases.

Alone in the depths of the Polar Night, one of many manifestations of that concept called "ice," a demon that is not particularly powerful nor particularly weak, a wanderer that does as it pleases whenever it pleases.

It is not haunted by a lack of life.

While humans might find this sort of area bizarre, even lonely, too silent perhaps... This demon cares little for such things, the winds of the North make their own sounds, there is life to be found here if one looks closely -even if that life may not be human- and whether others are around or not, it maintains it's own nature in spite of everything...

On a whim, it moves as it wants.

If others are around that is fine enough, it can enjoy the company of others, demon, human, doesn't really matter.

If others are not around, that too is fine, easily withstood, it will not die of loneliness.

It wanted to go for a walk, and thus it went for a walk.

Deep in the Night, a harsh storm of ice and gale-force winds, circling an area that it had simply entered on a whim... The storm here is not brought about by the use of magic, it is something natural, the harsh winds of the North that strip life from the careless, but it is not careless, nor can these winds do anything to it.

It is the winter.

It is the cold.

It is that hand that decorates the homes of humans at times.

It is what it is, and it will remain so until the very end...

One of many.

And so it walks.

It's body is light and it leaves no footprints in the snow.

Of course it wouldn't matter if it did; at the rate everything is coming down, it's not like anyone would be able to see them before they disappear.

It is quite a storm.

The sort that appears only in those places that humans do not call their homes, the lands that were not forgotten, but rather those that were forsaken because they were simply too much work to inhabit...

Yes.

While one might be able to find demons here, in a world that had forsaken their kind some time ago, it does not expect to find any people here...

Of course it thinks that.

It's mannerisms are 'cute' to humans, but it is not like it is unintelligent, it is far, far smarter than appearance would suggest, and it is more than capable of making logical connections, even so...

It sees someone, out here in the storm.

"..."

How strange.

It's a naturally curious being, and so it goes to investigate.

Ah.

Crimson-hair.

Crimson in a manner that is not natural, a red so red that it burns like fire, and a silent fallen body of someone that absolutely was not a human, but...

Had been laid oh so low by what it can only assume was circumstance, yes...

It is not a human, oh no, it can tell right away that this is a Goddess.

But right now that doesn't matter.

The marks in the snow are desperate and clawing, like someone doing their best to drag themselves to the surface of a lake... It has the same mark of panic to it as someone drowning, a primal sincerity that must have kept her afloat in this storm in spite of her wounds, but...

That power must have faded recently.

She had been buried almost up to her head when it had decided to dig around a bit.

"..."

It is a manifestation of trouble.

No matter how one looks at it, this is a manifestation of trouble.

Getting involved with a fallen Goddess would do no good, for one thing, the fact that her body was practically torn apart -albeit regenerating- meant that someone had put her into that state, and...

That meant trouble.

Not only that...

It has no obligation to do anything here either...

For humans, that would be a cruel reality, for Demon-kind at least, when it came to their relations with each other, well...

This woman here was clearly the 'loser,' and thus, this was the outcome the winner had deemed fit to give her.

If she was weaker than the snow, then be buried by the snow.

Simple logic.

Cruel in some ways perhaps, but efficient.

That is the path to avoid the obvious trouble this woman would bring with her.

After all, if something could defeat a Goddess, what chance did something like it possess?

So it does what comes naturally to it.

Footsteps continue through the storm, gently, leaving no sign of their passing as they go.

However, there is another sound now.

Smoother.

Like a sled, drifting through the snow.

Crimson hair, far too crimson to be natural, drifting along behind in it's wake, on a bed made of ice.

Yes.

It does what comes naturally to it.

In the case of this demon that means only one thing.

Whatever it wants, whenever it feels like it, even if those actions are illogical to anyone else...

Or even itself.

Just a whim, little more.

It'll pull her along until it gets bored of doing so, and if that happens to be somewhere closer to someone more benevolent, well then...

That would simply be luck, correct?

The Polar Night bears no heat within it.

Nevertheless, the sound of a snowman humming to itself in the darkness...

Is perhaps...

Warmer than even it realizes...

--Chapter One//Xanadu--
    "Death of the X-Cross/Future Lost"

Last edited by Airen; July 9th, 2020 at 07:46 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai