Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2833

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Eva Ellet
    Saint Vivienne ~ Dormitories
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"...Can't say that part sounds familiar."
    “Oh…”

Naturally, that surprised Eva. While it hadn’t been strong evidence, she had assumed from their earlier conversation in the café that it would be relatively straightforward to get people to remember the correct version of events.

Catherine’s response just now dashed that assumption to pieces.

Thinking about it as she accepted Catherine’s offer to have a seat at the kotatsu, it wasn’t really a big deal. She didn’t have any reason to want things to go back to the way they were before, after all- she simply wanted to know more about what was going on. And what happened right now had brought her at least a little closer- that it was harder to undo than how she’d originally assumed. In a way, since her current situation was looking very preferable, this could even be considered good news…

And besides, even if Catherine didn’t remember that particular detail, she did acknowledge the existence of the dreams. Even if a number of details were… different from how she remembered (certainly, Catherine seemed in a very different mood from before, and all the… Japanese? objects was a bit surprising) she couldn’t imagine that the girl had simply left it at that. If she remembered Agatha’s explanation, it was the memories that got jumbled up- not personalities.

“What do you make of your dreams, then? Surely you’re not thinking of taking a trip on the SLEIPNIR for no reason…”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"Well..."

The young woman sits down in a cross-legged fashion, golden eyes sparkling in the light even as an apologetic smile crosses her face.

"I'm not the best control group when it comes to dreams... That medicine over there," she nudges her head towards the orange bottles, again showing an odd lack of concern for what many might think of as a sensitive topic, "It... Well, I guess you could say it's a mind-altering sort of thing... Stops certain symptoms I get, but they have a lot of side effects too."

The smile falters.

"Vivid dreams, hallucinations and nightmares are a part of it, the least painful part of it to be precise... But point being, I've never put too much stock into those sorts of things, my subconscious is always a little mad at me, you see?"

---Was this the explanation for the slight changes to her behavior? Had she missed a dose? Or was this what she acted like while under it's influence?

"Although... I don't like giving these sorts of answers... You want something more clinical when you're talking to me, right? Sorry, sorry, little scatterbrained at the moment."

She leans back, arms resting on the carpeted floor; the world outside has grown dim, clouds covering up the burning orange that was the setting sun as the rhythmic sound of rain joins the sound of a bubbling kettle.

"God uses Dreams quite a few times in scripture to communicate with people, point them towards a certain sort of action... And in the less religious communities, dreams are thought to move your soul closer to the Collective Unconsciousness, which perceives time and space in a different way, and thus allow glimpses of the past or future or even alternate worlds... Basically, most sides of modern thought seem to associate dreams with prophecy, but I think sometimes a dream is just a dream, you know? But like I said... I'm not the best control group for this sort of thing, sorry."

A brief pause, then...

Slowly...

As if it had just hit her...

"Oh... I talked about the medicine..."

She blinks, then...

"...I'm uh... Not dangerous, I promise..."

...Seems to wither a little beneath your gaze.

...Yep.

Definitely a weird reaction for the girl that never seemed to get embarrassed or show weakness, but...

Perhaps perfectly reasonable for a teenager that had just realized she might be labeled as crazy.
    Last edited by Airen; October 8th, 2021 at 09:04 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Her friend had just said that they not only had frequent and consistent nightmares, but also admitted that she was experiencing other severe effects that were bad enough that she had started taking some less-than-ideal medication to suppress them- medication that evidently (whether with or without, she wasn’t sure at the moment) had severe effects on her personality.

What kind of response was appropriate in this situation?

“Well…”

Eva had no idea.

How long ago did this start? Had she been missing signs all along? Or was this something unique to this world after all the changes? Even if Eva’s situation had been nothing but improvements, there was no guarantee that was the case for everyone else, after all.

She felt kind of bad about bringing up dreams and the like for her own personal reasons- it was clearly a sensitive subject for Catherine. The girl seemed very… out of it, but clearly wouldn't have shared her story if she were more under control. She had never seen Catherine this emotionally vulnerable before.

It felt bad. Like it was her fault for stumbling on a secret the girl didn’t want to share- for good reason. What Catherine was describing was, by all rights, far enough outside of the norm that she could be considered crazy.

She didn’t know how to respond…

"...I'm uh... Not dangerous, I promise..."
    But silence wasn’t going to do her any good here. The girl seemed worried that Eva thought of her as dangerous or unstable- groundless fears, honestly. That her friend might be a little crazy didn’t bother Eva much at all- she was much more concerned that she only barely understood what was going on.

Hoping to reassure the girl that everything was still fine, she tried to explain her thoughts.

“I’m not worried about that- it’s just… it's a bit overwhelming to only learn all of this just now. How long has this been happening…? How bad is it…?"

And, most importantly...

"Is there anything I can do to help..?”

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Logan's Room ~ SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Noon

"No... More importantly, uhm... who is Verity? I'm Rice. You... Do remember that, right?"
    That’s not good.

“You mentioned two others who addressed you as such, but the name you gave me when we met was Verity.” Logan frowns. “Do you not remember?”

Seeing the girl in front of him fret and bob and mumble like a worried chastised child is… strange. Her unguardedness is fine for a child, fitting even for the person beneath the scars of betrayal. But where was the Verity who’d spoken truth, who’d offered a goal, who’d lived up to his trust? Come on. You’re supposed to work alone, aren’t you? Get it together.

Logan pulls Amelia from his pocket and twirls her in his fingers.

: Amelia, any useful readings?

: Nope. She’s definitely Verity, though.

: I figured as such.

The question is: Which Verity? Judging by Verity’s comments and his own prior status, this was - whether cognitively or physically - a different world. In which case, there was no guarantee that the Verity before him was the Verity he knew. Logan walks forward and crouches down so he’s at eye level with her.

“Does this mean anything to you?” He holds out his hand, displaying the crest still throbbing with lingering heat. “Do you remember the simulator in the SDCD? The photograph you showed me? Eve, Chris, or Yamuna? The joint mission? The X-Cross? The Full Drive?” He hesitates a bit. “Reverie Complex?”

Amelia makes her way over, still slightly unsettled. “Also I’ve gotta know, were you hiding out in here or something?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Logan's Room ~ SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Noon

---The young girl seems to recover from her bout of nerves relatively quickly, the unconscious swaying motions she had been making coming to a sort of slow halt as she listens to you speak... Of course, the Verity you had seen before had held all sorts of apparent answers, being the sort of entity that had clearly known quite a bit about the circumstances of your past situation, but this one...

"..."

...Doesn't seem quite as in the loop about things, at least, not initially...

While her gradient eyes do seem to flash for a moment at the sight of the mark on your hand, it's the sort of light that comes from curiosity rather than outright knowledge. It's the sort of reaction someone has when seeing something they find to be interesting, something that might look vaguely familiar to them, but not the sort of thing that brings about any clear recollections either, at least not from sight alone... Talk of the simulator and the photographs don't have her react at all, nor does X-Cross or Full Drive, but when you mention "Chris" and "Yamuna" her eyes do light up again, but...

Yamuna was a celebrity, so that didn't mean too much... Although the reaction to Chris is the strangest of them all, yes...

---She frowns.

An unconscious frown, but a frown nonetheless, still-

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    “Reverie Complex?”
    "...!"

-when it comes to the sort of reactions she had been hoping for, this one seems to be a bit more promising in nature. Her eyes widen for a second, as if she had just been slapped right out of the blue, and then...

"...?"

...shocked eyes become inquisitive ones.

They remind you a bit of how she had looked when Burroughs had been mentioned to her, although without the sudden wave of malice that had appeared the last time... It's a bit more of a guarded reaction, like this Verity wasn't quite as willing to just attack people right off the bat, but was also visibly concerned about how and why you had just mentioned those words to her, so...

"...Sure, I know about the Reverie Complex."

...the calculated, clearly probing voice that follows buries her more natural child-like reactions instantly, bringing her closer to how you had remembered her being...

"One of the big counter-plans for an End of the World scenario, theoretical in nature and still a highly classified document amongst government officials."

She blinks.

The silent question in those words is obvious, and while getting an answer to it seems like her current priority...

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia
    “Also I’ve gotta know, were you hiding out in here or something?”
    "...Well, I was hiding, but not from anything in particular... My protocol states I'm supposed to remain unobserved while outside of designated human interaction zones, I was outside of them, so I put up my AO Field... Didn't work on you though, which is... Strange..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Like a deer in the headlights, Aster freezes, the sound of her final footstep echoing across the concrete. Almost instantly she puts up damage control—her best approximation of Ayra’s poster-girl smile and a genuinely awkward wave, praying she can brush this incident aside. But as she looks at her surroundings, the still students coupled with the encroaching darkness tell her something much worse is happening.

Aster: Ayra, I think there’s a problem.

No response. Maybe she’s busy. Try again.

Aster: Ayra, this is important.

Again, nothing. Maybe she’s not emphasizing how bad things are. Ayra would never ghost her like this.

Ayra…?

“Fuck,” she says, her breath failing to make a puff of mist in the cold November air. The students are far away enough that it isn’t noticeable, but on closer inspection they will recognize she is a facsimile soon enough—if they even cared. Aster isn’t sure which is worse right now, but it hardly matters.

She runs.
    Last edited by Katie; October 10th, 2021 at 06:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

---You run.

While no one has moved to directly do anything to you just yet, the sheer sense of unease that has settled upon your chest is enough to convince you that you need to get out of here; the clouds up above have abandoned all former pretenses, the orange sky burying itself in a chaotic vortex of grey and black clouds, flashes of lightning heralding cracks of thunder as the very atmosphere itself seems escalate in an unnatural way.

The wind blows.

Students remain unblinking, their gazes following you silently, eerily, as you dart down the street as fast as your borrowed legs can take you; ordinarily retreat is easy, cutting your connection to this reiki form would simply send you back to your body, and yet you find yourself unable to do so... It's bizarre, like you're suffering from some sort of supernatural ability, and yet you can feel no signs that that's the case, no flares of reiki, just a world that seems to have gone completely mad the moment you had given into your impulse to run away.

Like it knew the game was up and had decided to stop pretending to be normal...

No one answers any requests for assistance. Dead silence from Ayra, Tsukiko, Primrose, even the RAILS network itself doesn't respond to any emergency signals you might try, an enforced silence upon this wind-stricken world, and then...

The rain comes.

Slowly at first, then faster and faster still....

It comes pouring down, the sound of something like footsteps becoming audible behind you soon after, and...

"..."

...Every glance back reveals the students are all still there, all still chasing you, although their movements are clearly nonsensical; they don't move anything other their heads when you look at them, but the space you're not observing quickly becomes scattered with them the moment you stop personally regarding it... It's nonsensical, like a horror movie monster managing to get ahead of their running prey simply by disappearing from the view of the camera, the street you were running down seeming to stretch on and on forever as if the exit itself was sprinting away from you, but...

"..."

...Eventually, your panicked run slams you directly into someone.

It's the result of a simple glance back at your silent pursuers, your body slamming into the rather petite form of a woman that does not move from the impact at all; she simply turns her gaze to you, purple hair and red eyes vivid even through the haze of the sudden rainfall, and...

"...I see."

...Eventually, she breaks the rule of no voices that has persisted until now.

"So it was you then, Aster."

Something about her voice invokes an emotion in you.

Although whether it's simple fear or an unexplained, primal sort of dislike and wariness...

Is hard to tell in this instance, still...

You do recognize that form, yes...

This is...

"...Still running around with a face that's not your own I see... How... Typical of you."

Encountered: Aislynn Wevere
    Last edited by Airen; October 13th, 2021 at 08:59 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Ludwig's Room ~ SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Noon

---Tap.

---Tap.

---Tap.

A finger dances lightly across the surface of the flickering table, the unchanging face of it's owner one that does not twist at all at your taunts or questions, simply waits with a small, amused smile, as if she found your bravado amusing for one reason or another, before...

"Rather than causes suffering... I would say it perpetuates a cycle of suffering, in the end, that thing is a Savior of sorts... Even if a twisted one."

She straightens her posture a bit.

"Make no mistake, it was their own choices that ultimately drove them to their end, the Savior merely makes it so that they cannot die. In a certain sense, it does save them. Places them in a box where they are neither dead nor alive, where they repeat their own cruel fate over and over again entirely of their own volition, unable to save themselves, no matter how many small changes the butterfly might create for them..."

A dismissive wave of a hand.

"Infinite chances. But all ultimately worthless... Perhaps it's trying to say something?"

She chuckles, her deep but musical voice so clear and piercing that it almost causes your bones themselves to resonate with it.

"But the cosmic chrome dome isn't something I care to truly understand, in the end, they'll simply feed on each other until the end of time. If you try to pull them from that infinite abyss, you will simply be dragged down along with them, victims of that strange hero-complex that's so prevalent in Xanadu."

---She states it in no uncertain terms.

"You will have destroyed yourselves, just as the other Worlds destroyed themselves. Poetic, no? A well-deserved fate, borne of your own actions."

Another chuckle, then...

"As for the rest of your questions, well... My mood isn't quite that good I'm afraid."

One eye focuses on you, the other closing in a perpetual wink.

"I am simply here as an observer, if you rely too much on me... Then well, what is the point of rejecting my world in the first place? I can only lead you down the path of my own answer, whether I ultimately intended to do so or not, I would simply consume your efforts in the end... For me only a single outcome is acceptable, all other endings will be met with overwhelming force. That is faith."

The smile widens.

"So run along, go stretch your legs a bit, figure out where to start in this mess. Stretch your wings and fly on your own."

Her hand returns to her teacup, and...

"I'll be here to catch everyone when they finally give up."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

After all this damned running, she bumps into the exception to the rule. Aster isn’t sure what’s worse, her unnatural isolation (what the hell is happening?) or that she’s met someone who is calm throughout this situation. No, more importantly…

“Why the hell does everyone know it’s me instantly?” If the jig is up, no reason in trying to pretend otherwise. Aster resists the urge to look back—if the crowd of students was going to maul her now, they would have seized the instant she bumped into Aislynn and stopped, for the briefest of moments.

“Whatever. If you have the gall to lecture me about pretending to be someone I’m not, can you explain what’s going on? Or at the very least, why the hell Ayra and I couldn’t even remember your name?” Aster doesn’t expect answers. Instead, her mind preoccupied on trying to find an out; where to move, what kind of spells she needs, if there was some way to break this distorted space (at least, that’s her assumption) from the inside. Getting any proper response is merely a positive.

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Ludwig's Room ~ SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Noon

The boy's eyes don't change this time. Leaning his back against the chair, fingers lightly taking hold of his chin, Ludwig simply watches the impossible existence for a moment.

"...Seems I was wrong about you. Your alliance lies with Xanadu, for better or worse, that much is clear yet..."

Unwilling to lose eye contact, as if afraid that in doing so this entity is lost forever, the Karlfeldt drones on about his own thoughts.

"You either didn't inherit the desire to see hope flourish like so many of this world do, or you have lost that sight after all this time."

Perhaps ironic, given his ability of Telepathy. Logically he'd simple share his sentiments and thoughts directly, rather than try and word it with varying amounts of success. Then again, there is ever the possibility that invading the mind of such a fleeting thing could prove too elusive. That it's mind is so vast with possibilities it'd burn the boy's mind.

Consuming an ocean through but one meager straw is a hopeless endeavor doomed to fail in the end.

But there exists a faint possibility too, that Ludwig simply does not wish to connect with Marlene and her True Faith outright.

"Perhaps such was my true role in this play? Inheriting the ideals and hopes from the previous generation, observe their merit until the end, and continue their wishes for the next generation...a progeny of values not my own."

The return of Lara showed a fatal flaw in the Karlfeldt Inheritor. Meeting the enemy head-on with a hug? Absurd, unthinkable for any Tamer, especially a Rothschild one.

The same flaw presented itself with Fenrir, as the Tamer's desire to face the Divine alone had left him without an answer when faced with an explosive end.

And in the end, as he embraced the nightmarish amalgamation of his childhood as gradient light eat away at them from all sides, it was that same flaw that had concluded in his demise.

---Awakening in a dream.

Regardless of whether is mind is clearer now, his focus is singular. Mind sharpened for only one goal.

Emotions no longer play a role. They are not allowed to interfere, for what lies ahead is far greater than a single individual could ever amount to.

"My apologies, I had no intention of relying on you Marlene. That said, I do hope this won't be our final conversation, at least before the end comes in one way or another."

Recognizing how in different circumstances these two might have been at better odds, Ludwig readies himself for Binit's departure.

His COMP AI doesn't share the same sentiment regarding this observer, yet she's socially apt enough not to voice such things.

"...Take care of LUCID. One day, I will come for them, but not until I can actually save them. Until that time, cherish them well."

A champion of hope... A beacon that people can rely on in times of agony and loss. A bringer of hope, even if despair is ever near.

---A guiding star. An existence of light clad in dark.

It won't always be bright, it doesn't give a path by itself. Enforcing but one fate is wrong in the boy his mind even now. A choice should always be made.

Of course, a single individual's resolve won't change the world.

Yet, if one could set hope alight in many, allowing them the choice to touch the untouchable, reach the unreachable, see the invisible, maybe, just maybe the impossible can be achieved.

"Oh, one final thing."

Once more, his soul shines past the boy's calm expression, a glint in the eyes of undying fire.

"Nothing is meaningless. I'll burn out my wings before I accept anything else."

And so wordlessly, the pair bid farewell to this incomprehensible avatar.

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Quote Originally Posted by Aster
    “Why the hell does everyone know it’s me instantly?”
    "...What kind of friend would I be if I didn't know?"

---A completely banal answer, albeit, one that also doesn't make sense in this scenario.

Friend?

What the hell was she even talking about?

Finding the answer to that question wasn't exactly your top priority of course, finding a way to get out of this alternate space (was that what this was?) was understandably higher up on your list, but...

---No good ideas come to you.

When you ran, it was like the World ran with you... Space stretched on along with time in a completely nonsensical fashion, roaring winds and lightning bolts tearing apart the sky in a manner that was actively dangerous, distant trees bursting into flames, loud cracks and booms, something like eyes glowing in the darkness, and the shadows of nearby structures almost seeming to wrench themselves from the floor, becoming something solid, something lurking and overbearing, a city of twisted oily shadows that contort along with the light show above, but...

"It's always worried you. The idea that you're just a copy, that you don't have your own face... So there's always a dissonance with you, a little bit of rebellion, just a hint of it... But that's enough to tell when you're wearing a mask. You know it's a mask. You know it so clearly... That it's only natural others could too... Simple concept, see?"

...the woman continues to say strange things, completely uncaring of the chaos around her, the leering eyes in the darkness...

"Or perhaps it isn't?"

She says it like a question, face expressionless but eyes bright and thoughtful...

"Maybe I just sensed the yearning to return to a human form... You plumes are all so straightforward in that regard... Or maybe I saw Ayra before I saw you, and just put the pieces together in the end..."

She chuckles.

"But what was the second thing you asked?"

Before starting a slow circle around you, pace even and calm, but eyes clear and hyper-focused, crimson gaze almost seeming to run you through...

"What's going on? Why can't you and Ayra remember?"

Another chuckle.

"Perhaps you two are simply awful friends? Unable to put names with faces, the embodiment of awful seniors?"

She pauses, her slow circle stopping with this oh so simple of answers, before...

"Then again, perhaps asking one to remember the specifics of a nightmare is too much?"

...Stopping behind you.

No one is blocking the way forward, but...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

“I didn’t ask for a psychiatrist,” Aster scoffs. Regardless of whether or not Aislynn was right, she would much rather have the other girl speak plainly. This indirect, holier-than-thou attitude was quickly grating on her nerves. “And don’t make assumptions. I’ve no interest in being human.”

Did she actually see Ayra? Or is that a bluff? God, she hates making decisions for herself. There is always the inherent thought—would Ayra approve?—that stops her from being as assertive as she likes. A second guess that plagues her at every turn.

"What's going on? Why can't you and Ayra remember?"
    “Ayra’s oblivious, so it’s up for me to remember the little details, and I’d like to say that as a glorified artificial intelligence, my memory is infallible, Aster spits. Part of it is pride, yes, but part of it is pure fear. How did she miss this info? Why did she miss this info? Her role is to keep track of things for Ayra. So why in the world can’t she remember someone Tsukiko knows fairly well?

"Then again, perhaps asking one to remember the specifics of a nightmare is too much?"
    “Excuse me?” Aislynn slips behind her, but Aster turns around fearlessly to follow. Whatever she sees, she will deal with it. “What are you talking about?”

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

“I didn’t ask for a psychiatrist,” Aster scoffs. Regardless of whether or not Aislynn was right, she would much rather have the other girl speak plainly. This indirect, holier-than-thou attitude was quickly grating on her nerves. “And don’t make assumptions. I’ve no interest in being human.”
    "And yet, the spiritual data inside of plumes only react to humanity... Although I am not really here to talk about that."

The slow wave of a single finger, the woman not taking any part of your annoyance particularly seriously...

“Ayra’s oblivious, so it’s up for me to remember the little details, and I’d like to say that as a glorified artificial intelligence, my memory is infallible."
    "Well, Ayra is oblivious yes, plagued with issues of a different sort than your own, but... Your memory is far from infallible, dear, deny it as much as you might like, you are a half-machine at best."

She chuckles.

"And even if you were a pure one, well... Even machines have limits in memory."

“Excuse me?” Aislynn slips behind her, but Aster turns around fearlessly to follow. Whatever she sees, she will deal with it. “What are you talking about?”
    "Just what it sounds like..."

---When you turn around, the woman is just standing there, a lone clear figure amongst the forest full of eyes gleaming in the darkness; the shadows around here are swirling and contorting, looking for all the World like they're clawing at her body, trying to drag her into the darkness of the area around her, but she doesn't react at all to the phenomena...

"The realm of dreams is beyond both humanity and machines, the information found in the subconscious stays in the subconscious, a nightmare is horribly vivid to you while you're having it, but give it a few moments after waking... And everything about it will have seemed to slip away, leaving only a hint of emotion, the memory of a memory, behind... There are some who defy this rule but you are not one of them... Or at least, you weren't before..."

Silence.

Red eyes sharply study your form for a time, then...

"Although, I suppose I could say... If you can see me, it means you're just as cursed as I am... Unfortunate."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Aster doesn’t have a retort for Aislynn’s words, so instead she grits her teeth and puts them off to the side. In particular, it does not matter whether she is human or not. Meaningless, pointless, useless discussion that has no bearing to what she does or why she exists. An answer that doesn’t help her escape from whatever this world is, where the encroaching shadows threaten to pounce on her only source of information.

“Tell me, then. Are you the product of the dream or merely caught within its grip?”

Aster hates how Aislynn dodges answers by offering information only marginally related, but the last statement deserves answers. She will get them, one way or another, through words or through violence.

“And elaborate on the last thing. The curse that we both share. And don’t give me any of this flowery crap.”

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

“Tell me, then. Are you the product of the dream or merely caught within its grip?”
    "...I exist."

---A simple answer.

One made without all the unnecessary flourish you were quickly beginning to associate with her, of course, there's a strange flicker of annoyance that crosses her face as she answers as well, as if the question had brought something she wasn't particularly found of to mind, but...

As if to banish those thoughts, the woman withdraws a small tome from her pocket, one that she flips open and rests a finger on even as you continue to speak...

“And elaborate on the last thing. The curse that we both share. And don’t give me any of this flowery crap.”
    "...But this is how I speak?"

A flicker of a smile, or perhaps a frown?

Her face caught in shadows as her gaze drops to the book in her hands, it becomes remarkably difficult to tell...

---

Of course, I go out of my way to hide my face. This world is pretty dark already so it's not very hard to do, but I can't help but feel offended at her calling my words 'flowery crap,' I mean, I'm going out of my way to be a helpful existence here, I could have left her to get eaten by her Nightmare, but being the decent person that I am nowadays I thought I'd drop by and help out a former classmate you know?

...Well that, and some curiosity about why the hell she's here...

Then again, I guess all the poetic speech comes across as a little annoying, but dealing with the most obvious tsundere of all time is a little annoying too, you know?

What does Primrose see in this one?

It's not cute to be so inherently bitchy, you know?

Well, she doesn't know, because I'm not going to say that out-loud, but I think she actually does know deep down, which is what makes it really annoying...

Very unhealthy personality type.

Ah well, what can I do?

She looks like she sorta wants to beat me up and getting into a fight is kinda counter to the whole point of showing myself to her, so...

Let's not get into fights with old classmates.

"...But very well, I'll talk more... Casually. You're cursed, that's probably why you're here... Something about you doesn't quite sit right with the World at large, so it's trying to get rid of you in what I'm sure it thinks is a discreet way."

I look up at her, smiling as a way to really annoy that voice I'm sure is going on and on about how evasive I am in the back of her head...

"My curse is... Something similar, but I doubt mine is exactly the same as yours."

I chuckle.

"Unless you ran into some kids who thought it might be funny to remove your existence from all possible timelines and worlds. Blacklisted by humanity. Fun times."
    Last edited by Airen; October 16th, 2021 at 08:38 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Ludwig's Room ~ SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Noon

---No answer.

While the woman's eyes do ultimately follow you on your path out the door, they do so without their owner voicing any more opinions; like she said, she was ultimately an observer, one that seemed to find watching the actions of others somewhat more exciting than actually participating in events herself, but...

She also shows no signs of leaving your room either.

Even as you shut the door behind you, the strange existence remains in view until the very last instant, showing no emotion other than a pure curiosity right up until the end...

A strange entity.

She hadn't even told you not to tell anyone about her... If she was just going to remain in the room, then it would be perfectly possible to simply inform Adala and the others about her existence right? It seems logical enough to you, a possible first step of sorts, but then again...

Her lack of fear about such a scenario, to the point where she hadn't even bothered to acknowledge it at all...

Does put it in a questionable light, still, for now...

You decide to do as she says, or rather, you decide to at least take a look at what's going on this "new world," even if you aren't exactly sure what that means, and...

"..."

Yamuna's song is playing over the intercoms all throughout the ship.

It's the only constant noise.

The gentle thrum of the ship's main engine is no longer present, a questionable factor that only becomes clear after a glance out a window confirms the ship isn't even moving anymore...

It's landed... Somewhere... Along some sort of lake?

And...

"..."

A certain familiar woman can be seen along the shoreline of that lake, but...

Why is the ship grounded?

What's going on?

---The first mystery reveals itself already, it seems...

Then again...

It's up to you to do as you will.

SLEIPNIR - Free Phase Event (Evening)

Lakeside

-Fujimoto Chiyoko

Bridge

-Adala Lagerkvist

Brewed Awakenings

-Anna Ashford
    -Astra Palesch

Medical Bay

-Xavier

Engine Room

-Genesis

Personal Rooms

???

Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Ludwig's Room ~ SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Noon

In the end, Marlene Binit never did vanish from that room.

With the event of the ship's teleportation being used against one of it's Tamers fresh in mind, Ludwig had speculated a certain possibility regarding this mysterious entity, naturally being met with no answers on the subject matter. But now, seeing the ever flying ship being stranded... that temporal answer seems more and more likely in his mind.

"Ludwig, we really need to talk. A lot of things happened after you... after we..."

"Yeah, we do. As strange as this may sound, it seems like you and I were both busy despite events. How did you meet this, Fourth Administrator?"

First things first, far too many mysteries are abound in the ephemeral time Ludwig's soul had left his body.

"Not sure! I sort of just woke up to her boss-lair, a place called the Astrolabe, seemingly carried there by Sarah and Lara."

...Mysteries that only increase as his COMP AI regales her side of events.

"We were confronted there by some labcoat-Admin-lackey-lady named Leah who went on and on about how 'Salvation' was at hand, real nutcase of a woman! Sarah and I confronted her... but ultimately I don't know what happened to Lara or Sarah... I sort of just, found myself before Marlene, in the guise of a sun."

"So that really was her back then. Back during my death I had entered LUCID's mind, walking their first memory... along with Her Eminence. Together we went to face the Single Will responsible for all the Acheringas... who appeared as a light strong enough to rival a sun."

Both sigh simultaneously, despite quite literally being at death's door the world had shown no mercy and displayed it's bizarre nonsense to the very end to both Tamer and COMP, even when they were impossibly separated.

"Lydia, the world we inhabit is one that's placed in the realm of dreams. It seems to be a global effort, using... I can't believe I'm saying this but, using the power of dreams to overwrite reality as it used to be. That's why the Alcheringa are free to influence it in some ways, why Vincent was able to use his powers freely, and why Alexia threw us in a dream herself."

Alexia Wright... another mysterious existence, one that had learned the nature of this world as well through some method, and had decided to hint at it through a rather unique way.

That, or she just happened to dole out a punishment that fit eerily well given the circumstances.

"Well, that explains Leah's words about 'making a world without suffering', but to think Marlene had actually overwritten the world as we know... Wait before all that, you met with Theresia, in LUCID's mind, what?"

"Nevermind that, I'll explain on the way. But first, tell me everything that Marlene and this Leah spoke off. And why Lara and Sarah were facing them."

...Silence.

An awkward, strained silence.

"...Ludwig. Ludwig you absolute idiot, why do you THINK your sister and her girlfriend were there! Y-you, you died! Of course your sister would be wrecked, planning to throw her own life away in the faint hope that she can screw over Marlene-! Don't you think for a second that you two are enemies or something stupid, she cares for you just as you do for her!!"

"..."

He stops heading for the Cafeteria for a moment, really soaking in what had all transpired.

Heavy emotions dwell up, painful ones, ones of relief, ones of grief. All are supressed. There is no more time to be persuaded with emotion, such immaturity can no longer be allowed in the Karlfeldt's mind.

"...I'm sorry I didn't ask until now but, are you okay Lydia?"

"I will be, just... I know it's my fault for readily agreeing with your insane plans... If I could've just protected you from that bullet..."

"Don't blame yourself. If anything I'm glad you trust me so, besides we both know there's nothing that'd have prevented me from doing what I did."

"Yeah. You're not wrong... So be it. Here and now Ludwig Karlfeldt, swear to me that you will never die again~! Maybe I'll forgive you if you do so sincerely~"

In the end, Lydia is both far more the emotional center of the two, but ultimately also far more childish than her younger brother. Perhaps it's only natural given her age, or perhaps it's more a difference of what she believes to be of more importance.

And so, the inheritor swears to somehow never die again. It's silly, more nonsensical than anything that this strange world has thrown their way even. Both know it's utterly insane to swear something so childlike, and yet...

...A silent resolve accepts those words all the same.

Heading over to Brewed Awakenings once more, Lydia on Ludwig's request sends out messages to two others.

Hoping to find Anna and Vincent there at least, the Commander is invited too. However, given the ship's current state, it's rather unlikely that she'll be able to afford a visit... seems her 'mundane' concern will have to wait.

Adala
    Commander Lagerkvist, I understand that the ship has utmost priority, however if at all possible I wish to speak with you. About the ship's state, your previous concerns from last night, as well as a... impossible existence on the ship.

As Lydia and Ludwig continue conversing however, the mention of 46 billion years causes the AI to remember her eavesdropping on Chiyoko and Adala previously, distinctly getting the impression --and mention of Chronos-- that she and time hold a curious connection.

Chiyoko
    Chiyoko, glad to see you back from your trip. Do you have a moment, it's rather urgent. Ludwig is downplaying the matter, Chiyo please come-!

One can only hope that they will be able to show, for whilst there's plenty of questions, answers are preciously few for the moment.

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

So Mikagura was right on the money, then. That Aislynn herself was probably an Alcheringa, or something similar to that nature. In the end, then, it meant that her and Ayra were normal enough for this information to slip past them? If the act of acknowledging their existence meant that there was something metaphysically wrong with them, when did they change? When did she change?

“I’d hope my circumstances aren’t as dire as yours, no offense.”

Aster sighs, before turning to look at Aislynn with a dour expression. One of them has all the answers, and probably much more, so there is only one thing she can really do.

“Somewhere along the line, the world decided I have to go? Is Ayra in a similar situation?” She prays that isn’t the case. Bad for her virtual heart. “Well, even if she isn’t, I still need to get out of here.”

“Are you here to watch me squirm and struggle? Or can we broker out a deal?”

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Logan's Room ~ SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Noon

"...Well, I was hiding, but not from anything in particular... My protocol states I'm supposed to remain unobserved while outside of designated human interaction zones, I was outside of them, so I put up my AO Field... Didn't work on you though, which is... Strange..."
    Amelia frowns in thought, cradling her chin in her hand. “Something to do with the Full Drive, maybe? Because I let you in? Hmm…” She summons a golden pen and starts twirling it between her fingers.

Logan chews at his bottom lip. She had a reaction to Reverie Complex, that might be the key. But then there’s that frown to Chris. He recalls the bloodied lump in Aleta’s arms. I should’ve realized she was in danger and protected her. Please, please let her be alright. If only I wasn’t so- shelve it for later, shove it down, shove it into the acid until you’ve settled things. See the mission through. He sighs.

“You frowned a bit at one of the names I said: Chris.” Logan meets her guarded gaze. “Chris Mokujima, an SDCD Tamer. She’s inscrutable and guarded, but fond of people she’s decided to protect. She’s skilled in regards to technology, and has a crest like mine.” As he speaks, he slides Amelia through the air precisely and swiftly, emitting spirit power from her tip. “Judging by her comments, she doesn’t trust you or your sister units. Does that sound familiar?”

An ephemeral portrait of Chris hangs in the air.

Amelia rolls her eyes in disgust. “The Reverie Complex stuff, should I handle that?”

“By all means.”

It’s Amelia’s turn to look Verity in the eyes. “You’re wondering why we know about the Reverie Complex, right? It’s because you told me, because it was used to avert an End of the World scenario.” Instead of a pen, she’s now holding an old-fashioned film reel, which she hooks with a finger and begins to twirl. “Do you want to see my memory data of the situation? It’ll explain faster than I can.” The inky black film peels a bit away from the reel, whipping through the air. “Though I’ll warn you; emotionally, it’s not pleasant.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Logan's Room ~ SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Noon

“You frowned a bit at one of the names I said: Chris.” Logan meets her guarded gaze. “Chris Mokujima, an SDCD Tamer. She’s inscrutable and guarded, but fond of people she’s decided to protect. She’s skilled in regards to technology, and has a crest like mine.” As he speaks, he slides Amelia through the air precisely and swiftly, emitting spirit power from her tip. “Judging by her comments, she doesn’t trust you or your sister units. Does that sound familiar?”
    "Burroughs is too cute, I'm a brat, and she just stared at Dejah for awhile like she was looking for a flaw but couldn't find one."

---A flat tone of voice.

Hovering quietly in midair, the girl's frown deepens the more she talks about Chris, although you're no longer entirely sure that these memories she's going on about are the ones from the World in which you were familiar...

"Of course I know Mokujima, she's the type who hyper evaluates others while hiding her own feelings and that's just annoying, can't trust it. Bad vibes. Bad vibes."

She nods, completely serious in her evaluation of the girl...

So far things seem to be going fine, in comparison to 'Verity,' this Rice was far more openly pleasant it seems, or at least, she didn't require the privacy she had required before to show the weaker parts of her personality, but...

It’s Amelia’s turn to look Verity in the eyes. “You’re wondering why we know about the Reverie Complex, right? It’s because you told me, because it was used to avert an End of the World scenario.” Instead of a pen, she’s now holding an old-fashioned film reel, which she hooks with a finger and begins to twirl. “Do you want to see my memory data of the situation? It’ll explain faster than I can.” The inky black film peels a bit away from the reel, whipping through the air. “Though I’ll warn you; emotionally, it’s not pleasant.”
    "..."

For a long moment, the girl does not respond to these words.

Her eyes have widened a bit, as if what you had told her was far, far beyond what she had expected to hear from you, then...

"So you're saying... The plan was used...And I told you this...?"

Immediately, a hand rises to her chin in thought; child-like eyes narrow in a somewhat cute way and the once gentle back and forth motion of her hovering form has become replaced by a far faster circular motion, looking almost a bit like a panicking cartoon character, but...

"Show me."

Soon enough, her eyes jump back up to you.

"It shouldn't be possible, but I can't ignore it just because of that, impossible things happen all the time."

This was going...

Surprisingly well...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai