Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama, Soba Shop -Gen-
    11/16/2026
    Night, Clear Skies

"Uh, no. No way. Not in a million years."

It's like a verbal gunslinger drawing in an instant and shooting from the hip, clipping those sinful insinuations mid-flight.

"First of all, she's way too weird. Secondly, twenty-two or not, that's still older than me. She might not be as bad as those who keep their bodies youthful instead of aging respectfully, but I'm still a high schooler, gramps," Blaise continued, wearing the flattest face of being unimpressed. "I mean, honestly... the only 'girls' in my life are those with the minds of aunties or older, but with bodies of high schoolers or younger. I'm not going down that road, no way no how. Never. Never, ever, ever. It's a mess I never want to find myself in."

The blonde youth spoke this with such a conviction that he basically shut off all possibility. When he had been younger and more innocent, he had been burned far too many times by the strangeness that was Aoyama, and thus he had become more than a bit jaded regarding this subject - and his personal opinions had changed accordingly. Indeed, he had far more respect for those who looked their age, which was why he held his grandpa in such a high regard... though at times like these, he wondered if he would have to change his opinion.

But really, Blaise would rather run down the street naked than get into that sort of trouble with someone older than him who was wearing the guise of a younger girl.

Those were the kinds of dangers he would rather steer well clear of!

So uh-uh, no no, bibbity-bop, ka-zow! He won't be pressured, no way, no how!

--- He told himself that, like a mantra to retain his sanity.

"... I mean, I can't say the topic doesn't pass my mind from time to time. I'm still a high schooler, y'know? But uh... if possible, I'd like it to be a normal relationship. With a normal girl my age. Nobody strange, weird, odd, insane or hiding some deep dark secret that's going to get me in a whole lot of trouble. And maybe a year or two younger than me. But for some reason, that sort of normalcy is a rarity these days..." Blaise continued, grumbling the last words with a hint of bitterness to his tone. "... but ain't no way in hell that's going to happen. They all despise me back in school, so they can rot for all I care. And out on the streets it's not like you run into people like that."

He finished his words with a swig from his tea.

"... Not like I have time for relationships these days, anyhow. Too much to do. I've got Isamu and Tsuki to look after, and now there's that whole trouble with the kid..." Blaise added and sighed. "So yeah, if you're looking for juicy gossip, too bad. My life's devoid of that."

He set the cup on the table.

"As usual."

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama, Soba Shop -Gen-
    11/16/2026
    Night, Clear Skies

---That should put an end to it.

While Gramps is certainly the most normal of the house members, he's still an older family member, and those have the tendency to poke their nose into your romantic life whether you want them to or not... But you were trained, years of being burned by life in this regard (and confronted by certain family members) about exactly this sort of topic make your responses automatic, concise, and impossible to counter-!

You cover your bases.

Or at least you think you do, then...

"I see, I see."

The man with the starlit eyes simply says this, visibly resisting the urge to chuckle about something and in that instant...

---You feel it.

---Something is wrong here, you messed up somewhere-!

Had this been a jab to open you up for a finishing strike, was gramps that sort of guy?!

Perhaps!

"How about Yuriko then?"

A counter-shot is fired straight from the hip.

"Relatively normal, actually seventeen years old, don't feel any cryptic dark secrets coming from her, she already likes you and is used to taking care of children, so looking after two more teenagers and a kid shouldn't be a big deal right? It could work. Absolutely."

His hands are folded in his lap.

His face is dead serious, but the eyes are still sparking with laughter as if this is funny...

Because it is.

Because you had just told him exactly what your type was, and well...

That was valuable knowledge in the politics called 'family life.'
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama, Soba Shop -Gen-
    11/16/2026
    Night, Clear Skies

Yuriko...?

Huh.

Now that Blaise thought about it, she was a girl, wasn't she? And around his age, too. Now that he thought about, she ticked many of the boxes that indicated a "safe" relationship.

But then again...

"Hmm, Yuriko? *Snort*. Gramps, even you should know she doesn't see me like that at all. To her I'm just a convenient Senpai who helps out with the kids from time to time and brings along some sweets whenever he gets in the mood to make them. In other words, we're just two like-minded people who have pretty similar outlooks on life and morals, that's all," Blaise responded with a light chuckle. "Besides, she's a straight-forward girl. If she was interested, she would have just said it already. So yeah, not gonna happen. There's more it than just age and what-not. In the first place, the girl has to like you back."

Yeah, in all honesty, while Yuriko would have fit all the criteria, it was pretty clear she wasn't interested. She hadn't even brought stuff like that up, nor had she ever showed any signs. If anything, she was just one of the guys, and romance probably didn't even cross her mind. That's why it was never awkward when the two of them hung out, or worked together at the orphanage, or just met out on the streets and chatted for a while. The fact that they got along so well most likely meant that when interacting with him, the girl didn't even think about that sort of stuff.

Mhm, that's all it was. They were just friends. She was his kouhai, and he was her senpai - that's all there was to it.

Even if the boy had felt suddenly curious now that the idea was brought up, he was realistic enough to see that it wouldn't go anywhere.

For things to happen, both parties would have to be interested in the first place!

"So yeah, close but no cigar. She might like me, but not in the way you think, gramps," Blaise said with a little shrug and a shake of his head, sounding slightly amused. "I mean, you might be good at reading people, but not everything happens like in manga. There's not a gossip buried in every human relationship, gramps - geez. Even if it might be more amusing to you guys."

And with 'you guys' he meant the adults of the household.

Still, man... As said, Gramps might have known a lot, but he still had to learn about the hearts of teenage girls.

... Besides, knowing Yuriko, she was probably the type to go for one of those handsome male-idol type guys. Wasn't that what girls her age liked?

Eva Ellet
    SLEIPNIR - Common Room (?)
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

“…”

Put simply, Eva did not think she would get along with Evita.

If she were forced to give a reason, then it would be the girl’s less than pleasant choice of words and her overall attitude. Those may have been rather superficial things to point to, and Eva had little intention of acting directly on the feeling. But it would not have been strange if she had reacted more aggressively to Evita’s comment, which had seemed to be targeted towards her specifically: the main reason she didn’t was because it had an element of truth to it that she could not ignore.

Therefore, Evita’s response was… unexpected. It took a moment to even register that girl was, in fact, trying to console her: it was the last thing she would’ve expected.

“… Thanks.”

As far as she could tell, there was nothing insincere about her words just now. Evita did seem to genuinely mean what she said: that it was natural for a kid to care about their parents. It was a self-evident, natural statement- one that required no further justification. Eva only wished she could say that with as much confidence as Evita did. Not that she didn’t love her mother: she most certainly did… but she also knew that their relationship was strange.

The other things Evita said about Leah weren’t exactly new to her: but just hearing it come from a mind that wasn’t her own was reassuring. Comforting.

“… it’s weird, having to hear this from someone else. Even though she’s my own mom, and I should know her pretty well…” She looked directly at Evita as she spoke, head no longer turned away. “For some reason, hearing this from you makes me feel a little better. …So, thanks.”

An odd thought, when she considered she didn’t even know how familiar the girl was with Leah.

Honestly, there were a lot of things she didn’t know about the girl, but at least she had learned that Evita was a nice person. Someone that she could, contrary to her initial impressions, get along with just fine.

She paused for a moment, and as she realized just how upset she must’ve looked just now if even this girl had felt the need to console her and was calling her a kicked puppy…

“J-just a bit, though. I wasn’t feeling that down.”

… she began to deny it. The notion that her emotions had been so transparent was embarrassing: she certainly didn’t mean to make the atmosphere awkward by dragging her own personal issues into everything, and the notion couldn’t have been further removed from being a dignified and reliable Spirit Tamer.

If Evita was embarrassed at saying this stuff to her, than Eva was just as embarrassed for having shown a side of her that made the girl feel the need to say this.

“Ahem.” Wracking her brain for her best excuse, she decided to try her best at playing it off coolly. “If it seemed that way to you, then my facial motors must be poorly calibrated: I’m fine."

"Really.”

Blog Entries
    Hiyori
    SLEIPNIR - Second Floor, Hallways
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Hiyori
    “What Miss Smug is implying is that we seem to be entering some kind of different medium that causes us to refract and disperse… somehow or another at the same time… I think… Which means neither of us are both the original but not? Maybe? Am I getting that right Miss Smug?”
    "...Well, I suppose I should explain from the beginning, now that we're on the brink of a collapse anyway... Although even I don't know all the details I'm afraid~!"

Charlotte laughs.

Even as your apparent doppelganger goes on and on about how your use of the recessive genes phrase meant that you were absolutely the villain, and that the one with the recessive genes is obviously the hero (or something like that, she was talking so fast it was kind of hard to keep up while also listening to Charlotte) the platinum-blonde haired woman maintains her smirk, even as her other self simply scoffs at her words again...

"First things first, we are all currently under the effects of the Reverie Complex, a series of machines designed to manipulate the global cognition using 'dreams' as a medium through which to operate. Through use of the system, it is possible to replicate the events of the past inside what is essentially a shared global dream, using the fact that the populace thinks of it as 'reality' in order to anchor it as such... After all, you do not normally question a dream while you are within it, right? Through this principal, by convincing the entire world that we are living in the past, it is technically possible to alter the events of that time by doing them in a different way, replacing the World's memory of certain events in order to change them... In a sense, rather than the ability to travel through time, it is a system that seeks to alter the past through having everyone relive the events of the past, overwriting their previous memories."

She speaks quickly, in a very matter of fact let's-get-this-over-with sort of way...

"There are complications with this method of course, the subconscious is rather good at picking up on blatant contradictions, so the recreated World has to follow a certain set of restrictions or else it stops being 'reality' and returns to being a 'dream.' The World won't accept a story that doesn't make sense, if it's not a feasible series of events it'll simply be disregarded as fiction, so those seeking to change things in the recreation had to be kept to a minimum, that is what the X-Cross are... Or at least, that's what my research says they are..."

A pause, then-

"As for why the System was employed, naturally, it was apparently for the purposes of averting a certain calamity that was otherwise fated to wipe everything out, so-"

-she continues with returned gusto, although, as she goes on...

You can hear something strange.

You can see something strange.

---It's a static-like sound.

---It's a static-like sight.

---Yes, it's a curtain of something like static in the distance...

Eating away at the walls and floor.

---It's a loud, horrible sound, like a horde of locusts and...

Most strangely...

It seems like...

No one else can hear it or see it...

---Even as it comes rushing at all four of you from the far end of the hallway, swallowing up everything as it goes...
    Last edited by Airen; May 24th, 2021 at 02:49 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Tokyo, Aoyama ~ Brick Lane (Smokey Island Bakery)
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

---A single comment.

---A single comment in a new thread.

---A single comment in a new thread of a server that should not exist.

---A single comment in a new thread of a server that should not exist, that has become a sort of grand curse.

Yes.

Grand curse.

The moment you type out your seven words, the moment you really let them know you exist, a single voice that does not match the 'tone' of all of the other voices.

You-

---Are overrun by the sudden flood of attention.

A broken torrent of voices, of information, of numbers and data and screaming souls that collapse upon you all at once, a mix of magic and technology that could only exist in this sort of modern era...

That's right.

---You lose yourself in the flow of a Broken Dream.

Something cuts your soul from your body.

Or at least, you lose all ability to see out of your physical eyes.

Data pours down what can only be called a stream, a flood of hundreds of voices and comments tearing up the new thread as what seem like hundreds, no thousands, no, hundreds of thousands of people all try to answer your question at once; the thread basically explodes, the server should be forced to shut down from that alone, but in phenomena like this there's always two sides of a story.

The technological, and the spiritual, when it gets to this point---

Both have to be dealt with, or one will simply resuscitate the other; a technology based environment gave birth to a spiritual abyss, and now each can exist even without the other...

But you don't worry about that sort of thing, you can't worry about that sort of thing-!

The flood of voices are no longer coherent, you're being battered by them from all sides; an endless flood of data, typed words, physical information that has likely overloaded your body, and emotions, feelings, voices, a flood of spiritual 'data' that cuts into your soul itself, and-

"GetitoffGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOUTGETITOUT"

Their last view was that of that blue planet.

Unaffected by the crystalline menace that tore up their home and lives.

One that forces emotions on a society that had long forgotten how to deal with such things-

"..."

It escapes.

A cackling darkness at the center of their reality.

Bound by a seal that never could have held forever.

One that offered up a single life to bear the sins of everyone else-

"Don't worry... There's no need to think for yourself. You'll be told exactly what to do."

Absolute Control.

Live by the whims of the government.

Die by the whims of the government.

All cogs in the machine must do their part-

Bits and pieces.

You're able to put together bits and pieces, things that seem like they might perhaps go together, but-

That's all.

In the torrent of voices and data and souls all trying to cling to you for what seems like help, it's easy to lose your grasp on things.

No.

It's an inevitability, but thankfully-

"Geez, get off the kid... This is just... Unsightly..."

It does end.

Yes.

It certainly does end.

---A hand grabs you.

---Different from the blind grasping hands of the masses that were tugging at your soul, this hand seems to know what it's doing, it's no ghost, no leftover thought, no curse made manifest, just someone with a coherent will moving to pull you from the massive ocean of regrets you had unknowingly directed at yourself and-

Finally, it's over.

Or rather, pulled from the river of information, and also cut off from your body, you find yourself standing in a sort of datascape as an avatar of yourself, looking at the sea of data above you tearing at itself in a mindless attempt to get at the 'you' that is no longer there, and...

As for the person that pulled you out, or rather, the avatar of the person that pulled you out, well...

"...Boo."

An awkward existence 'stands' there, the owner of the voice from before...

"...Scary right?"

...labeled Blackrose.
    Last edited by Airen; May 25th, 2021 at 08:43 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Tokyo, Aoyama ~ Brick Lane (Smokey Island Bakery)
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Curse.

Curse.

Curse.

He is swarmed in it. A curse that transcends common sense. A swirling pool of voices, of broken dreams, scrambling, screaming, scratching, scrawling at his soul.

It should be mere data. Easily partitioned away into a subsector. If he had merely done that, then he would have only lost a small portion of his faculties. Instead, having torn open all barriers and faced the tide head-on with his whole self...

Daisuke is washed away by the tide.

Curse.

Curse.

Curse
    "Curse."

Chris tapped at the screen, the sole source of light in the dim bedroom. Beside her, Daisuke peered at it. The site looked strange. Some kind of message board. Very old-fashioned, almost deliberately so. Just as he decided to look it up, Chris continued.

"It's a place where curse accumulates," she said. "There are many elemental nexuses to be found in nature, but online is trickier. By its very essence, it rejects the natural elements. Curse, though... is the element most suited to the internet. It accumulates in deeper parts of the web, where those who cannot stand the brightness of society huddle together for comfort. That's why you shouldn't go looking, Daisuke."

"O-oh." He stopped the search, feeling like he'd had his hand caught in the cookie jar. "But, um, it's only data, right? I can just run a virtual machine."

"Maybe if it were the old world. But that won't cut it anymore. Sites like this used to be harmless. It's different now, though. The world is happier. Brighter. Kinder. Society has helped more people than ever... so those who were not helped are even worse off than they used to be. The shadows are deeper than they've ever been. Their resentment much sharper." Chris' fingers flew as she typed out a short question, attaching a picture of a character from an anime airing this season, before clicking submit. Soon enough a new thread was created before their eyes. "Curse is stubborn. And resourceful. Malice can go right past ones and zeroes. It'll hit you where it hurts; your heart. For us it'll hit harder than most. Because we can't reject it as easily as other Tamers."

A new post appeared on the screen. By someone that wasn't Chris. As Daisuke read it, his core began to spin up. "How could they say that?" he wondered out loud. "That's just - awful!" Another appeared. It was worse. As was the one that came after it. As the number of replies grew, so did his confusion. "Wha-? Chris, is everyone here like that?"

"Mm. Not quite. They're all their own people. Regular people. This site just tends to make them behave similarly."

"Regular people would say stuff like that?"

"Of course they would." Chris typed out a reply of her own, tagging several of the worst responses. Her cool-headed paragraph was like a beacon of sanity in the mess of nastiness. "It's open to the public. You can find it through a simple search. I used to post all the time, myself. Not as much anymore."

That single post of hers was swiftly drowned out by even more nastiness. Opinions Daisuke had never seen before. Graphic sentences that should never have been written. Vitriol and spite and hate. Simple words with no names or faces to attach to them. Yet he could imagine something much worse behind the text. He could almost feel it, looming over him. "Were you... like that? Like everyone here?"

Chris chuckled. She posted again, fingers flying. "Most of the time, no. But sometimes, yes. I had plenty of curses of my own. Mundane, pointless complaints, but to me they were more important than anything else."

"B-but you don't have any curses now, right?"

The screen filled up with textual pollution. Even though it shouldn't have been possible, Daisuke could feel his processes beginning to slow down just by looking at them, like a fog was descending upon his thoughts.

"No," said Chris, staring straight at the screen. "I still have plenty. I'm a human, after all. You won't find a single person whose heart is free of curses and wishes. If you do, they're either a saint or a liar. That's why this is important, Daisuke. Take a look. Don't avert your eyes; this is the darkness in the hearts of the people we have to save."

The buzzing in his processor grew as he stared. And stared. And stared, at the growing thread, at the numerous instances of awfulness that appeared like clockwork, one after the other. There must have been at least a hundred, two hundred people sharing their hate with each other. Eventually a beeping sensor in his skull started warning about an encroaching corruption threshold, and he was forced to look away. Only then did he realize that his Heat was near maxed, the room's temperature having risen several degrees.

"I... don't get it, Chris. It's so awful..."

A warm, comforting hand descended upon his head. If not for the Harmonizer field, the heat radiating from Daisuke's skull would've scalded her palm, but Chris didn't mind.

"It's not awful at all," she said. "They're helping each other out. Even if it means their curses pool together, they're able to not be alone for a while. It's relief, in a way, to be able to air out your grievances like this without constantly holding them in. It's not the best way to deal with things... but it's a way for them to keep going."

She forcibly changed it. The picture of a monster in his mind. Twisting it into something more sad than scary.

"Behind every curse is a feeling, Daisuke. A tragedy. A story of someone who needs help and hasn't gotten it. Even in a place like this... you can reach out. To the people behind the curses. It's not as if ordinary people are beyond saving. Just push it aside. Post something real. Even in a place like this, the darkness can be gently brushed away. These people want to be understood. To have someone care. Just by doing that, you can dissipate the concentration of curse and reach out to someone for real. I guarantee it."

She reached out, touching the screen, hovering over the last post before the thread was deleted. Two simple words from a complete stranger: Thank you.

Chris smiled. Then she closed the tab and started up a scan of the computer.

"Besides, even if it seems bad... it's really not," she said as she pulled open the blinds and let some fresh air in. "Those who come here are those who were fortunate enough to be able to. It's not like they're complaining about truly awful things. It's not like they're beyond help. These are regular curses any ordinary person would have. Jerk neighbours. Not being popular. Mental illness. Anxieties. A character in your favourite show not winning. The death of an author you liked. All ordinary. All manageable with a bit of empathy. The truly serious curses, those that come from horrific tragedies... well. Those are different. If a pit of curses like that existed, you or I would be dissolved by it in an instant. But what you saw? Well..."

"Just a mild curse."

He had miscalculated.

This isn't a place for mild curses. Not a gathering spot for those who lived away from society's brightness. There is no one on the other side of the screen to reach.

This is a Grand Curse, built up from countless tragedies far beyond what regular society can ever handle, a haunted server completely disconnected from the living world - or rather, from many worlds.

A nexus of malice for those who cannot be saved just by reaching out to them.

A pit of the damned who have nothing left but regrets.

A storm that slowly, surely, will tear him apart.

As his consciousness fades and he is torn away from his body, he wonders.

Is this it?

Is this as far as he could go?

Chris, there's no way to save something like this...

Then a hand reaches out and plucks him out of the sea.

It's finally over.

He stands, as an avatar of himself, in a blank datascape. The noise is gone. Only its memory remains... and below, the sight of the swarm congregating towards where he had been yanked from.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "...boo."
    "WAAAAAH-!"

With a high pitched squeak, Daisuke flips around. More? Is there more!? Did he just get tossed out of the frying pan and into the fire!?

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "...Scary right?"
    "IT'S ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING!"

No, not the fire. Just another avatar. And its username: Blackrose.

"Ah?"

Blink, blink.

Wait, is that? It is, right?

"Ah, ah? Blackrose...? Does that mean, you're, Sa-?"

It's unmistakably her. Or at least, someone using her appearance as the avatar. But that doesn't matter. Right now, she's his savior.

The memory of the screams lingers. The terror of being down there... even if he is separated from the curse, he can still remember it. Even his digital body can't forget. His avatar wobbles, unstable. Daisuke tries to pull himself together, and it is difficult. He feels unbelievably fragile. Like a single poke could break him into pieces.

Even now, staring at the mere image of that girl...

One final 'curse' wiggles its way out of his chest.

"I... I..."

Were he a real boy, he would be shedding tears instead of static right now.

"I'MSORRYFORTOUCHINGYOUINAPPROPRIATELYLIKETHAT ! ANDFORTRYINGTOKIDNAPYOUTHATONETIME! WEMEANTWELLBUTITWASSTILLANAWFULTHINGTODO!"

Daisuke's ninety degree angle bow nearly knocks him over. But he holds it, and then straightens. Sniffs, and wipes away the static from his face as best he can.

"Um.... t-thank you... for helping me... it was... really, really, really scary..."

Blog Entries
    Hiyori
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Smug
    "...Well, I suppose I should explain from the beginning, now that we're on the brink of a collapse anyway... Although even I don't know all the details I'm afraid~!"
    “Wait collapse?!”

While ‘I’ rant at me about being the villain since I started the gene rant from Rigid Rabbit, I noticed what my Miss Smug said about us being on the brink of a collapse. Wait wait wait! Isn’t that a bad thing?!

"First things first, we are all currently under the effects of the Reverie Complex, a series of machines designed to manipulate the global cognition using 'dreams' as a medium through which to operate. Through use of the system, it is possible to replicate the events of the past inside what is essentially a shared global dream, using the fact that the populace thinks of it as 'reality' in order to anchor it as such... After all, you do not normally question a dream while you are within it, right? Through this principal, by convincing the entire world that we are living in the past, it is technically possible to alter the events of that time by doing them in a different way, replacing the World's memory of certain events in order to change them... In a sense, rather than the ability to travel through time, it is a system that seeks to alter the past through having everyone relive the events of the past, overwriting their previous memories."
    EH?! This sounds like a plot twist from the Kokoro Empire series! The only difference is that the world is made out of dreams instead of data. Are Ross and I going to find out that our winter vacation is over?! Wait then who is the protagonist?

“There are complications with this method of course, the subconscious is rather good at picking up on blatant contradictions, so the recreated World has to follow a certain set of restrictions or else it stops being 'reality' and returns to being a 'dream.' The World won't accept a story that doesn't make sense, if it's not a feasible series of events it'll simply be disregarded as fiction, so those seeking to change things in the recreation had to be kept to a minimum, that is what the X-Cross are... Or at least, that's what my research says they are… As for why the System was employed, naturally, it was apparently for the purposes of averting a certain calamity that was otherwise fated to wipe everything out, so-“
    “Wait a minute! You’re saying we’re like in a Dream version of the WORLD and we’re reliving the past so we could change the future?! What kind of thing would require us to drop the whole world into a dream?!”

However, before I could get Miss Smug’s answer… Something absolutely wrong occurs and I don’t mean like “oh no I’m stuck due to a game glitch” kind of wrong! I mean like actually horrifying reality warping kind of things! In fact this is the kind of thing that even with Ross around, I wouldn’t stick around and try to hit head on types of things! I mean stick us against a big bad boss we can cut sure! We’ll get on that and beat them up in no time. But this creepy static wall advancing on us? Nope! Nope! It’s time to leave. We can worry about reliving the past in dreams later!

“Miss Smug I’ve got a plan! You and your doppelganger pick up Astra and then we follow my perfect plan!”

Wait, why is my doppelganger with an absolute shiteating grin to my thoughts?! Nope, now’s not the time Hiyori! We need to get out here with the power of the Star Family Technique! Surely she wouldn't take this opportunity to one up me! I'm the original!

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse
    SLEIPNIR - Artificial Park
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"E-Eh? You think so?"

---Her head emerges from her hands in a cute sort of way, like a rabbit emerging from the security of it's hole in the garden...

"I uh... I thought it might be a bit of a silly motive... Way too much like something you'd read in a manga right? The hero that saved you as a child that you can't actually remember, but... Heh... If you think they'd be happy about it... You're about the same age as she was I think... So I can trust that, maybe...!"

She seems pleased.

---Easily pleased, but that might just be the sort of person she was...?

The sort to run around skipping after receiving a metaphorical pat on the head, in other words, not a very fussy sort of person...

---Yeah.

Amnesia stories don't always have to have bad outcomes, even if you can only remember a little bit, something positive can come out of it, right?

---Well, there's still a pang of depression when it comes to your own case, after all, even your initial memories -your encounter with Dr. Xavier- were a bit fuzzy, like...

Sometimes...

The details shuffled around a bit...?

For instance, now that you were thinking about it...

That Day (?)

"...There was someone alive in here huh? Interesting... So that's what was going on..."

The Doctor chuckles to himself beneath the fluorescent lights...

Everything fades in and out, like an old television losing reception, static taking over for continuity...

"You've been asleep..."

There's the beep of magitechnology, endless tubes inserted inside your body, and...

"For at least a year and a half at minimum..."

"For at least one hundred years, sure took your time, didn't you?"

"It's 2025."

"It's 2125... Well, I guess something like that would take about that long, but...

"...Welcome back to the World of the Living, I guess."

...Things never quite line up clearly.

Still-

"...You okay?"

-seems like you zoned out a bit there, got a bit too caught up in bizarre flashes...

Myra is looking at you with some mild concern...

"Been staring at the table for like... Three minutes..."

Eh...?

Must have really been out of it then, strange...

But these sorts of flashes do happen to you from time to time...

But what's more strange than that even...

Is that you can sort of still hear the sound of static...

Coming from all around you...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ Brewed Awakenings
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

There was so much charm in a performance that was built from the ground up. There was much to enjoy in a melody created in seemless perfection to guide hearts to heights unknown. It was much like the enticement of a well planned seductions, delights made more delicious through expectations created and then and then fulfilled.

But just the same, there was also something special in the impromptu. Because improvisation was by definition chaotic, there was something amazing in creating art from whole cloth.

Put that another way, Raz was having the time of his life!

As expected, the matador was quite a skilled dancer. Combined Raz’s own play, with very little convincing the dark haired bard might have played through the dawn and beyond.

He might have even invited the muscleman to dance, and enjoyed a rare moment of comity with his enemies.

However...

The show must go on!

”Oh my, lady ibaraki, if you are as yet unable to crown a winner, I can only presume you require exploration of delights of a different type. Matador here surely looks like someone who can...throw a bone, as it were, and I will happily demonstrate a performance of a different type...Do you know what ‘Eiffel Tower’ means? If not I would be happy to demonstrate....”

However, Ibaraki had more to say, and a few things that were a tad...concerning.

Hey, everything ok down there?

Just cooling heels flatfoot. Waiting on your skirt to finish tinkering.

Tell Erika there is a demon named Ibaraki sneaking around. Are y’all getting into trouble without me?

Cant say as we have rookie. Ain’t been nothing worth flapping gums about in this end, but I’ll put her wise. You gonna need us to be bringing the car around?

Not yet.

What should I look for were you needing to beat feet?

Muscles. Lots and lots of muscles.

The bard ignored the rather expected grunt of surprise and annoyance. He couldn’t risk an internal dialogue for to much longer. Some people got over confident when talking to their COMPs. Yes such things happened at the speed of thought, but many things faced by Tamers existed naturally at such levels, they could occasionally spot a conversation in motion, and Raz was far to much a consulate performer to be done in by a simple mistake like that.

“Well,” the bard began, a slightly more serious smile on his face. “First I will announce myself as Erika’s knight. She is my squire and therefor if she has done something untoward, I take free and full responsibility for such. I saw her on the morning but have been bereft of her company since. I am not quite sure what she is doing now, I was under the impression she wished to tune up some of my equipment. Dejah I know. But I decline to speak about her as she has her own mission to achieve and I am not certain it would be appropriate for me to do so.”

Raz shrugged, and then cocked an eyebrow that on eyed several meanings.

”...Should you be interested, I will accept any punishment incurred by my apprentice. As a suggestion, might I offer the idea of hot candle wax and a riding crop? You seem to me as a woman who would be rather striking in leather....”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama, Streets
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"...Heh."

---A chuckle, as a number of different moves play out in the span of one or two heartbeats.

The allowance of an opponent to talk themselves into a bad situation, the decision to open with the strongest ability you have rather than playing around in the opening moments, and allowing her to get a grasp on you in order to allow these two other factors to fall into place, yes-!

"See? What'd I say? It's the ones calling themselves weak you gotta watch out for-!"

It's a combination of positives and negatives, the roll of a metaphorical dice in order to subdue an opponent that appears to be far, far stronger than you... No, more importantly, an opponent whose nature is difficult to grasp... Knowledge is just as important as power in a battle, just as a lack of brute force can prove detrimental in a number of situations, so too can a lack of information about an opponent lead one to a decisive defeat-!

Knowledge of one's nature may reveal weaknesses that can be exploited, knowledge of one's abilities may reveal paths to circumvent them, and knowledge of the battlefield can grant one the home field advantage-!

Some of these you lack, it is simple reality.

Regardless, you hope to make up for that with a sucker punch right at the start-! It's not exactly the most noble of moves, but at the same time, it is not your fault that your opponent likes to talk and taunt instead of make the first move; you had made your declaration of battle, and if she was unable to understand that, well...

That one's on her then, isn't it?

---A different sort of rain manifests, a mass of liquid magnetite -that substance which a demon's body is composed of in the physical world- joins in on the endless thunder and lightning, inky black shadows erupting along the ground as the mass flies, multiplies, gathers into a literal horde of half-complete demons, soundlessly screaming down at the woman like a desperate attempt to dive back into the depths of hell-!

"..."

---There's no escape.

If there's one area in which this person is weak, it is in her sixth sense, the third eye...

A blunt person, a runaway train, someone who decimates all in her path-!

That is the entity called Anima, and not only that-!

She has a promise she must fulfill too...

A deal is a deal after all, before she can strike back, she must become shadows... Whatever that means...

It is unclear what she gets out of this deal, but just as the flicker of a spell can perhaps be felt upon you touching her, some sort of magic also manifests the other way around, diving from her into you, and-

"Ah well, let's play then-! If I kill ya, I kill ya!"

In a fraction of a second, her arm goes from a pale tone to a deep, dark black like the night itself as the form changes to something similar dark, claw-like fingers dig painfully into your wrist, and even as the storm falls upon her-

---Naturally, for someone like you, the pain of this movement is immense. For a Tamer, one's Harmonizer is their ultimate shield, a bounded field that greatly reduces the effects of phenomena that target the user, naturally, for most beings, this includes a general resistance to the physical world itself, it is, after all, the most common of elements, and thus one most people's souls have at least some measure of how to defend against, but-!

You are an oddity.

For you, the physical world, the physical realm... It is a painful place...

Where you are surprisingly resistant to the supernatural, and even have a life force that rivals that of half-bloods even as a human, your power fails you against the most common element of them all-!

The air is knocked from your lungs.

A feeling like lightning shoots up your spine, and your nerves scream out at the sudden abuse, your entire body feeling the impact as the women mercilessly slams you against the earth...

---Pain is something a Tamer learns to deal with, even if a weakness is hit and one's soul has no choice but to flinch, flinch and recoil at the impact, being hit a single time is not enough to put you down for the count-!

But it is enough to stun you for a moment, three seconds or so?

But even as your brain automatically starts the process of cutting through the red haze, of returning to reality after the sudden onslaught of pain has ripped you from your senses entirely, you...

Feel yourself fall through the floor.

---Or rather, it breaks apart beneath you.

Like glass.

Or perhaps some form of physical illusion?

---There are certainly sewers beneath the depths of the streets, but this is not that... Your body breaking through the barrier called the 'ground' reveals nothing but crimson light and an endless void, a fall that has no bottom... At least, not one that you can see, and...

The entire street collapses around you.

Around you both.

Up above, the wolf-like shadow is swamped by the slimes and dragged down after you, cackling in a voice that is growing more and more distorted, but still at the heart of the storm, seemingly caught up in it's wake, while you...

Twenty meters below, a massive gap between you formed from the fact that she had literally thrown you through the ground, propelling you down through concrete and plastic debris, well...

You fall...

Anima (Shadow?)

Name: Anima
    Class: Shadow (Spirit/Youkai)

Stats

STR: C
    END: A
    AGI: C
    SEN: E

Abilities (Magic)

-Nightmare Fiction-

Element: Almighty

Concept Magic. Apparent ability to create and control dreams and nightmares, to the point of effectively warping reality. An innate ability shared by the Alchera. Only capable of truly affecting those inside of a dream, or who find themselves in a dream-like state, although it seems that the conditions for it's use are easier to fulfill if the victim in question has made any sort of deal with the User...

-Remember Me-
    Element: Psy

Requires touch in order to activate. Overcomes all natural defenses if any form of 'deal' with the target exists, although the victim cannot be forced into taking said deal and the user must honor their half of the bargain if they wish for the effects to remain active. Effects against the target unknown.

Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama, Soba Shop -Gen-
    11/16/2026
    Night, Clear Skies

"..."

---This time it must be a victory.

Explaining in a calm, not-at-all dense manner exactly why and how the older man's cold-reading skills were wrong when it came to this particular relationship, there is a moment of silence afterwards, as you ponder whether or not Yuriko liked the idol types (couldn't recall seeing any of those sorts of posters in her room at the orphanage, now that you thought about it, seemed to think celebrities were sort of fake) that the starlit nature of the older man's eyes doubles in intensity for a moment, before...

"Hahahaha, perhaps!"

He laughs.

There's a look of deep thought on his face before the laugh, deep thought that becomes a chuckle, chuckle that becomes a laugh that has him visibly rocking in his ever-old-fashioned wheelchair, but...

It's a good natured laugh, so...

"I am from a different generation I suppose, so perhaps I am a bit out of touch with the young-people and their methods of flirting these days."

A hand rises to his chin, as if to stroke an invisible beard.

"Yes. Certainly it was a mistake on my part. Confessions are a simple matter for the straight-forward types, not difficult at all for a teenager struggling with becoming an adult, not in the slightest."

...The more he says these sorts of things in a cheerful voice that is definitely agreeing with you, the more you're starting to think you're missing something here, but-!

Your logic is infallible-!

Yuri is just one of the guys-!

"I suppose Yuka will be disappointed," he continues, taking a sip from his tea, "She likes Yuriko. Always invites her in for tea from what I understand, something about her being a good influence on you..."

He chuckles.

"Still, I suppose the little one outside will be quite the gossip starter in her own way, even with your friends running interference..."

Then returns to his usual pose, fingers of his hands together in an unconscious, meditative pose on his lap...

"...Although considering this house... We might end up with another dragon after all, I suppose? A little sister?"

From the open window, you can still hear the whoops and cheers of the little girl being swung around by a certain older sister that has to be dizzy by now, along with...

Approaching footsteps.

Familiar ones.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

That thing should not exist.

That creature, that blade, that cancer cannot reach you.

That Void exists to reject everything you hold dear.

So reject it in turn with all of your might!!!

Logan spins Amelia like a fierce gale, the crashing of weapons drowning out the horrific discordance of the Void before he silences it with a floor-cracking stomp. He takes a deep breath. That iridescence is
    unlike
    the Almighty; negative to positive, light to pigment, an overwhelming absence to an absolute presence.
    It perceives him, and the cacophony begins anew, echoing from the shadowy stairwell. There’s no way to tell how deep that darkness goes.

You imbecile! You should’ve seen this coming!

He clicks his tongue. It’d take too much time to secure the area, so they’ll have to retreat. He’d wasted everyone’s time and Yamuna’s deteriorating health, so he at least needed to shut up this damn noise. Logan digs his fingers into the marble reception desk and lifts it with a grunt, wincing as potted plants and complimentary pens clatter to the floor. He hurls it at the stairway with supernatural force, sending the marble meteor crashing into the opening with a resounding boom - and blocking the stairway off from the lobby.

Logan retreats into the hallway to regroup with the others. “There’s too much of that Void to handle at the moment. I blocked off the more active parts, but that won’t last.”

He pauses at the irregular situation. The ever-observant Chris doesn’t seem to have heard him at all. No, it’s more than that; she’s singularly focused on something, to the point where she didn’t even spare him a glance in a combat situation. Which begs the question:

What is she looking at?

Spoiler:
    Auto-Skill: ???
    Spells Set: ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, Eye of the Fates
    Spells Used: Eye of the Fates
    Heat: 3/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

”...Should you be interested, I will accept any punishment incurred by my apprentice. As a suggestion, might I offer the idea of hot candle wax and a riding crop? You seem to me as a woman who would be rather striking in leather....”
    "...Well, making a man squirm is certainly an interesting proposition... But no, her punishment... Well, it would be more a stern talking too than anything else, getting put in the naughty corner for a little while... Something like that..."

---Certainly, there isn't an absence of a flirtatious nature in her voice.

While one hand remains clamped down on the still struggling remains of a meal that should not have been, the husky nature of this particular demon's voice was still ever-present, warm but with the smallest hint of danger, like a voice that had been drenched in some sort of Shōchū, or an American whiskey, almost hypnotic in nature, yes...

She doesn't seem to mind playing along, but all the same...

---There is a certain drive beneath it all that's quickly becoming apparent now...

"Apparently went on a bit of a vandalism spree in the local aquarium this morning, hexed the place into quite the state with some other squires... Nothing that can't be cleaned up in an afternoon or so mind you, but still, it's a little... Rude, to do those sorts of things in a foreign country, no? Caught right on the cameras."

---Of course, this doesn't add up.

You haven't been separated from her for long enough for that to be possible, or rather, unless she had wandered right over to the aquarium and started blasting things as soon as you arrived it was pretty much impossible for her to have done that sort of thing, and well...

The DTG hadn't seen anything like that, not at all, and it wasn't really in her character anyway...

But before you can talk about that, she continues, this time with a bit more obvious oomph in her voice, like that of an agent that is seeking to pin some sort of criminal to the wall...

It's enough to shift the atmosphere to the point where even Matador is forced to resume a more serious demeanor, as the skeleton had been off chuckling to itself at the earlier mention of the Eiffel Tower (in a shocking show of immaturity)

"As for Dejah... I'm afraid I must ask you to... Elaborate some more on her current location. This one was an alert order from the top brass, I'm supposed to bring her in by any means necessary, S-Class priority, fate of the world and all the unfortunate implications such a designation brings, so..."

She stands.

"You seem like a reasonable guy, cursed food aside... So mind pointing me in the right direction? It'd be much easier for everyone that way."

And the tension in the room spikes considerably.

---Her position is such that she can see everyone in the room, and her eyes...

She's watching your face...

Looking for tells...?

Either way...

---Something feels wrong here, no, something is clearly wrong here...

Like the once friendly city outside... Had suddenly become a bit more threatening in nature...

Outside lightning cracks.

The rain grows heavier...

And inky shadows start dancing along the walls...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama, Streets
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"Guaghh-!"

His back is slammed against the pavement with enough strength to immediately reduce a normal person to a mixture of crimson liquid and fleshy bits. Even with the harmonizer there to prevent that fate and him being in the right mentality before the counter-attack, the resulting surge of pain is so immense that it becomes less about resisting the ardor and more of a battle to retain consciousness in spite of the odds. Like the consequences of a simple kid bravely running into the sea to meet a giant wave, the outcome is one that does not infringe any norm. On the contrary, it remains loyal to what it's supposed to happen.

"Ack-!"

His eyes roll back.

Blood leaves his mouth.

All sense of balance is lost.

His perception is restricted to pain.

---No.

Not just pain. There is a voice calling in the distance.

It's gentle, warm, easy-going. The sort of voice that would set the hearts of children and men alike. It speaks of a safe future with no tragedies on the horizon. It wouldn't be a mistake to call it the voice of a hero, of someone who fights for the people, in order to bring happiness into their lives.

The boy cannot hear what it is saying. His hearing is not working properly at the moment.

And yet, his body moves, his body somehow finds the strength to move in order to swat that voice away.

Because Amamiya Sho hates that voice more than anything else in the world.

-------

I force myself awake.

I wasn't a hundred percent sure it would work, but I am glad it did. Ever since the first time Ibaraki kicked me, I've been wary of physical attacks that could kick the life out of me in a literal manner. I've learned to dodge those flying kicks by anticipating their presence, thus making up for the difference in speed. The next step was obviously to learn how to endure them. The opponent is a completely different one, but the principle to follow remains the same. When I grabbed Anima's hand and attacked, I knew I would be met with a swift retaliation. Hence, I prepared myself to be knocked out in one blow, allowed that hit to land and...

... Brought myself back from a prison of slumber a few moments later.

It was not just sheer force of will, the harmonizer field and my own COMP A.I. played a hand in the strategy. And, as I said, It was not immediate: It must have taken me at least a couple of seconds to pull it off. In other words, I have lost sight of my opponent, my teammates and my surroundings. A fatal mistake that could very well cost the life of a Spirit Tamer or worse, an entire team of them.

Well, there is no surprise there. I never considered myself a Pro. Trips and falls like this are a thing I'm used to.

---In the end what really matters....

"Right back at you... Shit... You hit like a goddamn truck..."

It's a seemingly bottomless pit that seals not just movement but also balance, all while making no promises of what lies at its deepest point.

The only spell available in my arsenal is Aura Shield. Using any other program will immediately cause my COMP to overheat, and even using that spell once would be pushing it.

The fee for using everything you got, right at the start...

It's is bad...

And yet...

"But..."

And yet about I am about to burst into laughter from sheer ecstasy.

---Is the end result...!

"You are also one big dimwit, aren't you---?!"

As if to support my claim, the slime covering Ms. Troublemakers body rapidly changes to a much more brighter color, a warning of what is soon to follow. By this point, even an idiot should get an idea of what is going to happen. Yes, the blinding light being emitted has one source: Electricity.

I don't even need to say that the one about to get shocked is the one-eyed ringleader.

Using "Slime C", I changed the properties of the magnetite that makes up Kyp's body, enhancing it's piezoelectric sensitivity. In other words, I made it so its body would generate electricity when subjected to stress. Then, by increasing its mass, I created a bigger source of electricity. It's true that a short bit after "Slime B" is used, the excess goo and loses the connection to Kyp's body, however, it is only after approximately half an hour that it dissolves, meaning, the properties of the original last for at least two to five minutes.

That's more than what I need.

The problem is that, Even with the rain there to be my perpetual 'on' switch, it takes times to charge as the momentum behind a raindrop does not produce the same effect a hammer swung with all my strength would. To add, even if I maximize piezoelectric sensitivity, the slime still cannot hold the electrical current for long, so a bridge is needed in order to connect the 'battery' and the 'target'.

But.

Under these conditions...!

These conditions she herself helped create...!

A five minute wait is reduced a hundredfold...

Powered up by the strong air current exerting resistance against our falling bodies, the result is an unavoidable, strong discharge.

Thank you, Ms. Troublemaker.

It is because of you that I was able to find the missing piece of the puzzle.

As a reward, let me show you how Amamiya Sho takes the battle to the next level-!

"Get SHOcked!"

-------

Wise up!
    Spells and Actions used

None.

But the C-ranked spell used last turn was... You, guessed it, Slime C! It was used to mimic a piezoelectric material!
    Slime ‘C’
    A spell that belongs to the Slime series that Sho has developed. Here, ‘C’ stands for both ‘Copycat’ and ‘Control’. It’s the bread and butter of Sho’s fighting style alongside his companion. It takes advantage of the slime’s natural ability to alter its shape by compressing and expanding, but most importantly of its innate talent to adapt. It’s a synchro-type spell which allows Sho to manipulate the slime as if it were a part of his body, effectively transforming it into a weapon. Though a slime on its own is seemingly harmless, by enhancing the image it has of an object, the slime can not only alter its shape to mimic that of the target but also to inherit a good part of its purpose. Through this, if the slime morphs into a blade, then it will gain cutting power, if it alter it shape so to imitate a rock, then they will become just as solid. It’s even possible for it to transform into a pair of wings, allowing the user to hover above the ground. Admittedly, Sho’s original intent was to find a way to use the slime as a pseudo ‘Skill Crack’ feature However, it appears it cannot yet reproduce complex forms such as those of spells or human beings.

And here is the skill that enables SCIENCE to be used:

Chemistry
    A necessary skill to develop the Slime series. Nothing that would exceed the knowledge of a college teacher, but shows promise, outstandingly so for a dropout.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Aoyama, Soba Shop -Gen-
    11/16/2026
    Night, Clear Skies

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuda
    "...Although considering this house... We might end up with another dragon after all, I suppose? A little sister?"
    "Gramps, I think this household has enough dragons as it is..."

To be frank, Blaise wouldn't have minded a little brother or a sister. At the end of the day, he was just as much a busybody as Aunt Yuka (perhaps something gotten from her, indeed), and the thought of getting to look after a new family member did bring a smile to his face. However, this meant that his old man would have finally returned, which... left him with complicated feelings. Especially considering the newest revelation that much hinted at infidelity - and that was a powder keg waiting to happen he didn't want to be around to witness. So yeah, there would have been both good sides and bad sides to it, but...

... Well, maybe he could have shown a younger sibling what to avoid if they wanted to fit into a place as treacherous as school.

Though then again, maybe they'd be loathed by association, and...

--- Hmph.

Now he just went and made himself feel a tinge of ager.

"Well, for any additions, we'd have to find that shitty old man first," Blaise eventually continued, snorting loud enough to cause flames to flicker from his nose. "... Not that the problem outside isn't most likely, well... his fault."

Blaise lowered his voice, just in case. His mother had a terrifying hearing when she wanted to.

"It's not the girl's fault and we should definitely help her how we can. I'd appreciate if you could keep the gossiping about her to minimum. I mean... even if that bastard caused this, she's still gotten lost from her mom," Blaise said, the icy coldness in his voice revealing just how low the stock of his father had dropped in his eyes. "The last thing she needs is to be swept up in our family drama. No, what she needs is a hot bath, a good rest and people willing to help her. Which is, the last I checked, exactly what we are, right?"

Yes, for some reason, the ragtag family of the Soba Shop really were the type to help out strangers in need, weren't they?

... There was one every year or so, now that Blaise thought about it.

"Speaking of which, sounds like the rest of the gang is here. I'll go let them in and pry nee-san away from the poor kid before she's been shaked-not-stirred beyond repair," Blaise concluded, rising up from his seat. "I'll make sure we won't be too loud to bother you either, so just continue whatever work you came back for. Oh, and if you need anything, we'll be downstairs... though will probably head to the public bathhouse at some point."

Blaise chuckled and flexed right his bicep, grasping it with his left hand.

"Spent practically all day at the beach, so gotta wash away the sand and the salt."

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse
    SLEIPNIR - Artificial Park
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Myra
    "E-Eh? You think so? I uh... I thought it might be a bit of a silly motive... Way too much like something you'd read in a manga right? The hero that saved you as a child that you can't actually remember, but... Heh... If you think they'd be happy about it... You're about the same age as she was I think... So I can trust that, maybe...!"
    Seeing Myra perk up at my words made me a bit embarrassed because it felt like I’m pushing my own thoughts onto her and the person who saved her. I hope that I’m actually right if she was to meet that person again somehow… I ended up looking towards the table to hide my embarrassment. At least in her case, someone made it to her on time… In my case…

That Day (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Xavier
    "...There was someone alive in here huh? Interesting... So that's what was going on..."

I woke up in an unfamiliar room… I looked around and found that a bunch of magitech equipment was attached to me with the occasional BLIP as they worked. I thought about removing myself from the various magitech, but my body felt like it was weighted down extensively. I almost laid back and started to familiarize myself with the room.

‘You need to make it.’

That idle thought came through my head and made me realize that I didn’t have that luxury to just lay back. I started struggling against this oppressive weight on me to remove some of the connected magitech, but as I was about to get the first one off… Someone came into a room. Their general demaneor gave me the feeling that they were some form of medical professional. At first, they merely looked at the magitech equipment before he said something.

"You've been asleep..."

How long?! I need to make it… to whatever it was… It’s important if it’s the only thing I can remember besides my name.

"For at least a year and a half at minimum..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Xavier (?)
    "For at least one hundred years, sure took your time, didn't you?"

"It's 2025."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Xavier (?)
    "It's 2125... Well, I guess something like that would take about that long, but…” “Welcome back to the World of the Living, I guess."

I was...

"...You okay?"
    “Y-yeah.”

I really wasn’t. But I decided to try and smile despite the depressive torpor that I almost went through. It’s been awhile since I’ve felt this bad to be honest since Hiyori was typically around to cheer me up with some corny line like ‘it doesn’t matter if you have amnesia. All you have to do is make happy new ones!’

"Been staring at the table for like... Three minutes..."
    Did I really lose myself in my memory that badly? But this time… It felt weirder. Especially since there’s no way I can have a memory that comes from the year 2125.

“Sorry… I was just thinking back to my first memory… It just felt weirder than usual because it was almost like two parts were playing at the same time. But that second bit couldn’t be true since it supposedly happened 2125… Unless I was somehow a time traveler before I got my amnesia...”

I nervously laugh. It couldn’t be true. After all, time was still an impossible magic to use. The closest thing I’ve heard to time magic was ‘the reversal of wounds’ and even then it wasn’t something you could just do. And the other reason was that the Dr. Xavier in 2125 looked worn out and even more irritated than the one I know… If that was the future… I didn’t want to see what caused him to be like that 100 years from now. I tried to emulate Hiyori a bit in order to get away from this awkward topic.

"Is there anything you like to do as hobby? Like play games or something?"
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; May 28th, 2021 at 09:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

“Would it be overly derivitaive to say I have good news, bad news, bad news, good news, and bad news?”

...Raz was still smiling. He was but...

It was a much more bitter affect. If the way he looked at women was flirtatious, if the manner he looked at Matador was challenging, even threatening...

...Then his current expression could only be described as “resigned.” He didn’t bother continuing to play his instrument. It seemed in short order an entirely different melody would be sung.

OK remember how I said don’t bring the car around?

You do something stupid gumshoe?

Pretty sure I am about to. Anyway finish up what you are doing down there. Not saying bring it yet but, you know, get the engine warmed up.

Roger that, standing by to pull your fat out of the fire. You know...again...

That was as much time as Raz was willing to spare.

One might have questioned why he didn’t reach out for clarifications from Erika. Even ignoring how hard he was working to not create gaps that Ibaraki would notice, the answer was simple.

A straight laced kill joy like Erika Winters would never voluntarily do something that fun in the first place!

Therefor either she had been compelled to do so against her will, which was unlikely due to her own combat training as well as the time constraints, ibaraki had been fooled, or Ibaraki was lying. Probably the second one. At any rate, that being the case there was no point in getting a statement from his missing apprentice.

Now Dejah though...? Well, that was a far larger question.

”See the good news is that, seeing as how I believe most of what you are saying, and the parts I don’t believe I think just makes you a sucker, I actually feel like my Orders require me to assist with your investigation. The bad news is that I also have direct orders from my liege lord to assist Dejah in her task.”

Arthur may have been a less then serious, kind, charismatic (and drop dead sexy...) king, that didn’t effect at all the Knight’s code Raz was sworn to, foremost of which was obedience to the lawful orders of the King.

”With that in mind, and the fact that is both of my missions have been classified as S-rank, this puts me in the very unenviable position of trying to figure out which code of chivalry I can’t uphold, and the next bad news is it’s the one that compels me to assist you. The next good news is personally feel I should be trying to think up some sophistry against that because I figure it’s about a 50/50 proposition that she is going to turn out to be the evil villain behind everything.”

The bard sighed at the end of this rather long winded explanation.

”The last bit of bad news is that doesn’t matter either. Orders aside, I just can’t turn over a girl under my protection. With that in mind, I guess what I am trying to say is, I do indeed have the information you seek.”

There was a noticeable Chink sound, the threatening ring of metal on metal, as Raz’s thumb struck the handle of Lied Ortus, making sure it was lose and ready for the draw of an iaijutsu practitioner.

Come and take it, if you can.” Raz’s last smile was, if not happy, seemed a slight bit more honest.

”Extracting information from the unwilling...I suppose we might still be set for that candle and riding crop after all!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

"...Heh, knights..."

---An equal sense of resignation from the other side of the room.

Things had been so jovial mere minutes before, with the sound of a harmonica blasting as a skeleton dances and a certain knight simply leaning against the wall, chuckling in his own amused way.

"Well, guess I can't say I expected any different... A knight that sells out a maiden deserves to get his ass kicked, right?"

Now everything is quiet but tense, the sound of the woman's deep voice, as well as the roaring cracks of thunder overhead the only thing that interrupt the endless dance of the raindrops, rhythmically bouncing off the steel roof of the coffee shop...

"But geez, the paperwork on this... International incidents are no fun, we're gonna be stuck in the courts for ages."

---It's inevitable.

In spite of the woman's clear hesitance to actually strike first, the inevitability of the situation is that she is going to do it; people have a tendency to underestimate SDCD members, thinking of them as members of a faction with only minimal standards, but the reality of the situation is that they are just as driven as their counterparts, just as capable of bringing down anyone they need to bring down, just...

---They do it in their own way.

---A way that can be shockingly brutal, if one is not prepared for it.

After all, the SDCD emphasizes teamwork, that can mean silly power of friendship speeches and bizarrely bent rules for fusion spells, but that can also mean SWAT-esque takedowns of whoever they happen to be targeting, a flurry of light, sound, and magic that has an entire team breaking into an area and neutralizing everyone inside with shocking efficiency, yeah...

You don't underestimate these types.

---Which means that now that you're thinking about it...

There is no way this woman is here by herself... She might have acted like it initially, might have even gone out of her way to appear to be so on purpose, but if she was willing to challenge at least three Tamer-level opponents by herself, then wouldn't that mean...

Someone else is here somewhere...?

It's not a thought you're allowed to vocalize in the end, after all...

It's a bit too late.

---You draw your blade.

It's not that Ibaraki has actually attacked yet, if that had been the case you would have been far too slow to ever interrupt her, but the sudden shift in atmosphere, that brought on by a body that recognizes conflict when it actually appears, your blade draws a line in reality, a flare of sunlight bursting out into the depths of this room that seems eager to be swallowed up in shadows, and-

-a devastating fist goes crashing against the wall next to your head, debris shattering in it's wake like so much dust in the wind-!

---A flinch.

The flash of light had thrown her world into chaos, but the woman had not ceased her attack; dashing forward from the doorway, the brilliant burst of solar fire had made her flinch, instinct forcing her to twitch out of the path of an unsheathed blade, prioritizing personal safety over striking you head on, and thus-!

This.

A trade of two indirect blows.

The wall behind your back explodes, the monstrous strength of an Oni crushing it in it's entirety even as the woman's other hand goes up to her eyes out of instinct (seemed like she was weak to light) a reflexive kick of her right leg at your last known position leading you to dive underneath it, appearing at her back, before-

"Namasaki!"

Your brain is finally able to catch up on all the chaos that had been happening around you-!

There had been new footsteps, as someone appeared from the shadows behind the counter; the sound of a table being kicked full force across the room as an impromptu projectile at Zerah, the white-haired knight cutting it in half reflexively even as the figure moves closer, blurred like an assassin, dark-hair and clothes, young, likely a university student, perhaps one of Ibaraki's apprentices, if she really was a teacher at the military academy here...?

---Regardless-!

---It's a horrifying figure, even if you can only see it out of the corners of your eyes as you dodge behind Ibaraki; in terms of martial prowess, Zerah was amongst the best of the Knights, after all, the man relied on his blade alone to defeat all opponents, and yet-!

A bizarre-looking knife buries itself in the circuits of Zerah's blade, the assassin-like youth going after his COMP before anything else-! Circuits fly, sparks light up the air as the white-haired man grunts in response, sword arm swinging left to wrench the knife from the young man's hands even as his right fist leaves the blade in order to catch the dark-haired youth in the aftermath of his lunge-!

"Tch...!"

His body is propelled backwards, up and onto the counter, where he grits his teeth and rolls to the side as Zerah leaps after him, the spearing of a damaged blade through the counter -as if to pin him to it- the mere prelude to a reiki-charged elbow to the man's face, followed by an attempted tackle through the wall, both men disappearing into the rain even as the sounds of an obvious conflict intensify, this whole exchange the reality of a mere three seconds, the same time as your own struggle with Ibaraki, and...

Matador?

As all parties exchange their opening moves, so too is the skeleton suddenly presented with an opponent.

A single round, the sound of a distant gunshot, or perhaps a horrendously powerful bow?

Yes.

Probably a bow.

The projectile that comes screeching into the shop from the outside looks almost like a feather.

A crow's feather?

Raven?

Regardless, it homes in on his head, and-

-explodes into a torrent of feathers as it is cut down, feathers that drift harmlessly through the air, a result of impeccable swordsmanship dicing it to pieces, and-

"...So it is a duel, then?"

The Fiend mutters to itself, before dashing forward, past you, out the now shattered window, past a crowd that seems to have scattered some time ago, towards...

...Some woman on the roof of the building across the street.

One dressed in garb reminiscent of an old plague doctor, although with some sort of crossbow in her hands...

...Yeah.

With everyone going off in different directions, and you left alone with an Oni (albeit a blind one) it seems...

...Everything really went to hell really quickly, huh...?

...Might be time to pull the car around after all...!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hiyori & Rossweisse
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"Eh? Plan? What?"

---In the end, the taller woman has next to no context for what you have just asked her to do; certainly she can recognize panic when she sees it, a sudden rush of something like adrenaline in that artificial body of yours, but...

That's all she can tell, at least at a glance, a simple skim of your emotions and words, but...

...Ultimately, she doesn't have time to try to figure out any other aspect of it anyway, after all...

The crimson flower that has bloomed at the side of her chest, the mark of a bullet that she just managed to step aside from at the last possible instant, serves as a deadly premonition of sorts.

A sign that things are bad, or rather...

That it was already too late from the start.

Had you not heard the woman herself earlier?

There's a full on collapse on your hands, of course none of you were actually going to get out of here in one piece.

How much time did you think you had?

Do you think things won't just collapse mid-conversation?

The End of the World isn't polite enough to wait for talking to end, you know?

Ah well...

Even from the other end of the hallway, static roars an inhuman, eldritch scream of something's end; it doesn't matter if you run away or not, because there's nothing to run away too, of that you become intensely, keenly aware...

It's everywhere.

Above you.

Behind you.

To the left and to the right, eating away at the walls and floor, an endless void-like phenomena that quite simply defeats everything around it.

Even so...

You look up ahead, at the shooter, doing the same as the other three as the roaring static becomes the only sound available to you, and...

There's a person standing there in the shadows, a single gun in hand, but head tilted down in a way that makes it impossible for you to make out their face... It's a feminine figure, one that seems to be chuckling to itself in the distance, but the sudden trembling of the walls and floor violently throw you and only you to the ground, a particularly amazing feat, considering that you were flying, but...

It's like the air itself is trembling too, flooded with shock-waves, reality determined to violently rip itself apart at the invisible seams.

"...!"

Even after being shot, the Charlotte that has been clutching at her newfound bullet wound makes a sound you cannot interpret, it's probably a swear, considering the look on her face as she glares at the distant gunman, but...

Personal vendettas are meaningless now.

Plans for the future are meaningless now.

There is no escaping the collapse of a World, especially when there is nowhere else for you to go...

Your gaze is drawn to the window.

Outside, there's an overwhelming burst of light, a flood-like phenomena that ruins your sensors and turns off all artificial senses one by one.

This remains true for everyone on the ship.

Or rather, everyone in the World.

A timer you didn't know was ticking down had run out, and this was the result.

Mercifully enough, your sense of self disappears before you can think too much about it.

---

For Rossweisse it is much the same, the sudden trembling and shaking of the ship, a trembling that only you seem to be able to feel...

"Sure I like games! Big sis was all about those when we were younger... Although, judging by her social media it's something she's still into now I guess-!"

At first, you simply think it's your brain acting up again, showing you those hazy static-like images, but...

No amount of shaking or willpower is able to banish the sudden static haze that has overtaken your vision... It's like the rest of the World is breaking apart at the seams, static becoming more and more pronounced in everything as you look around in an attempt to find something that looks normal, but...

"Hey, are you alright? You're starting to look kind of ill...?"

---No such things exist.

It's simply you in this static haze, clutching at your head in an attempt to get the world to stop spinning around in your view.

But you can't.

And it does not.

Eventually you fall and Myra panics, there's sounds from the cafeteria as everyone else notices your plight, but they themselves do not notice the static eating away at everything, eating away at them, and then...

A sickening cracking sound and a massive burst of light as the sky tears itself apart outside.

It eats everything alive.

The light and the static, and...

...Eventually...

Mercifully...

Everything cuts back to darkness.

Lucky you though...

Everyone goes with you.

The first collapse of the far-too-many possibilities.

Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai