Blaise Pendragon
Demonic Server, Hali Bay
11/16/2026
Afternoon, Heavy Winds

---He neither flinches or interrupts in the face of any of it.

The almost shameless motions to retrieve the cigarettes and lighter that lead to a COMP screaming her virtual heart out into the sand, the somewhat clumsy words that appear in an attempt to compliment him, and the fist outstretched in a manner that you're not used to doing, yeah...

---To the first, he just takes it silently.

---To the second, he simply listens and accepts.

---And to the last, well...

"...Heh."

A fist meets a fist under the perpetually evening skies.

"Had to do at least that much, got hit with a mind whammy right out the gate, so it'd be a bit pathetic if I got nothing done in the end," taking a breath from the cigarette, the youth chuckles again as he exhales skyward, aware of the rarity and fragility of this sort of moment, and thus, unwilling to do much that would compromise it, "So it's not big deal. If there's one thing I can do in life, it's swing a bat."

He spins it once, and it fades away, reverting to low-power mode; the shape of a cell phone that he then pockets.

"You sure are a beacon for trouble though, not that that's a bad thing."

He laughs again.

"Makes life more exciting, way more exciting than under the old boss. Mind punches or no mind punches."

---And with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaise
"... There's something over there that needs to be dealt with."
...He clasps you on the shoulder.

"...Good luck with that one."

Before marching off to intercept a useless 'guardian,' thus...

"..."

Time to see what sort of trouble the vampire is getting up to this time...

Her behavior is clearly strange, and that's saying something, considering she's probably the biggest weirdo you know; the posture she's taken by the fire is that of a cat who has frozen up after spotting it's prey, body preparing to pounce as it starts moving slowly, and to that...

You hurry up.

Who knows what sort of nonsense she might have caught this time after all?

Then...

She actually pounces?! Or as close as a humanoid body can get to pouncing, and...

There's flashes of something like white sparks, sand being kicked up amidst a struggle around the flames, and...

"Hey, hey, hey, Blaise!"

She seems to see you coming...

And she sounds way too... Chipper?

Way too youthful, like a young girl that has found a toy they have suddenly decided is cute?!

"I know I'm like, super behind the times and all, but this isn't normal for people nowadays right?"

And thus...

With those words...

She emerges, holding a struggling something to her chest with the sort of vigor one might use for a particularly loved stuffed animal, voice calm as ever, but face set in a girlish grin as the someone squirms in her arms, yes...

At first, you had thought it really might be some sort of doll, it was rather small after all, but...

No.

It's definitely a young girl, a little kid, one who is struggling a bit...

But only a bit...

As if she wasn't too offended by her sudden imprisonment in a vampire's hug?

"When I heard "Demonic Server," I didn't picture a place with wild fire-breathing children in it; that being said, this one is adorable, and I sort of want to keep her~ Is there a way to make that happen?"

...She must be joking, right?

Right?