Page 53 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2833

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Eva Ellet
    Vatican City ~ Obelisk Square
    11/16/2026
    Morning, Sunny

There is one, single impression that forms in the mind of Eva Ellet as she watches the sisters respond.

This…

This is going surprisingly well…

Of course, she knows that it’s too early to make that conclusion. But nonetheless, there is something encouraging about this- perhaps the mission itself would not be that difficult after all… doing her best to hide any traces of unfounded optimism from her face, she does her best to appear professional.

"Name's Alyx Kingsleigh. Can't remember if we shook hands or not last week, but I think I saw you in my mom's office? Eva Ellet?"
    “Yes, that is correct. I am Eva Ellet. As I recall, we met last week, but we did not speak much, so this is the first time we have shaken hands.”

Accepting Alyx’s handshake, she then turns her attention to Cosmos.

“As for what happened last week… there is no need to apologize to me. It inconvenienced you much more than me- I was simply wondering if you were feeling better.”

That much, she thought was only natural. They were both spirit tamers of the Rose Cross- it was normal for her to be concerned about the well being of her coworkers.

“On that note, it is good news to hear that you are indeed feeling better."

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ??? - ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---It takes Anna a bit of time to respond to you.

Of course that isn't out of the ordinary, while the young woman was an obvious workaholic, and worked shifts that were absurd even by the standards of the Rothschild, there is still only so much that one person can do at a time... She is not only keeping an eye on the health of everyone on the ship, but flying the ship, taking calls from people both inside and outside of the base, and generally functioning as something akin to Adala's secretary, to that end...

Her responses -at least via these sorts of channels- are bound to be a bit shorter in nature, after all, you are simply one of many people that she is juggling right now, and:

"Oh and now that I have you anyway, do you know if Chiyoko has come back? It'd be too sad if she's not around to when the other Tamers drop in."
    "Lady Adala is currently receiving a report from Agent Chiyoko about the results of her last assignment, the details are confidential even for me, so I can't confirm whether or not she'll be staying at the base today."

---Chiyoko being gone for so long isn't exactly a strange occurrence of course, out of all the members of the normal crew, she was the one that spent the most time outside of the ship... She apparently had some friends she visited once a year in Japan, and seemed to have a certain level of trust with the Commander that went a bit beyond the norm, often getting assignments of a more confidential nature than the others...

It was one of the many reasons why she came across as so mysterious... Really, she was the most mysterious member of the Organization honestly...

And that was saying something, still...

She was actually on-board the ship right now, huh?

---

As for Ludwig, well...

You are unable to actually notice the exact moment that you fall asleep... The walk through the strange sheep-adorned door is one that reveals a thick fog along with the azure light, and it is the walk through that fog that seems to serve as a 'transition' of sorts, sending you into a bit of a coughing fit as you go through it...

Yes, it's thick, and almost choking...

A humid azure fog that robs you of all senses for a time, that gets in your eyes, that seems to invade your nose and mouth as you breathe it in, and that clings to the skin like you were plunging into the depths of some sort of sea, an uncomfortable choking feeling that's reminiscent of drowning right here, on a ship in the middle of the air, but soon enough, mere moments into that walk...

The fog clears up, revealing surroundings that simply do no match the inside of the ship...

You're standing at the base of what seem like massive stone steps, with a lush golden carpet laid directly down their center, leading onwards towards a plateau sitting in what seems like the middle of the air, or perhaps...

The depths of a sea?

It's hard to tell...

The 'air' around you bears a clearly azure tint, there are sphere like objects in the distance that vaguely resemble large bubbles you might find beneath the waves, and up above, far far above, there is a clear white light... Shining down on you like some ever distant sun...

Yes.

In terms of appearance, it's much like you're on a platform suspended somewhere beneath the depths of an ocean, but you can breathe just fine, your clothes no longer feel wet, and the sound of your footsteps on the stone floor around you is unmuffled by all of this illusionary liquid...

Ahead of you, at the top of the stairs and on the platform...

Are a bunch of doors, or rather, there are two actual doors, and then a bunch of empty door frames all lined up across the center of the platform... There's nothing behind them, so in that regard they look like doors that shouldn't actually lead anywhere, but of those that do currently exist...

One is of a pure blue color, and made of a material you cannot recognize, while the other...

Looks far more antique, like a door you might find inside of some sort of old-fashioned motel out in the United States...

Behind you, the fog remains as a 'door' back to reality.

And so you...

----

Raz Stone
    Avalon ~ Camelot, Tintagel Gardens
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---If his hair wasn't already a stark white, there was a very real chance that the stress of the situation would have rendered it thus, yes-!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    ”I-is that the real reason you came to the kingdom field, Mr. Zerah? Did you start feeling guilty and come to confess? I won’t say that’s a bad thing, but shouldn’t you first apologize to the person you hurt first? A-and you can’t hurt her any more! Y-you can’t! If you do, I-I’ll fight you!”
    For Zerah Meir, the sheer insanity of the situation, the sheer sucker-punch that was this impromptu team-up of two different people to inflict acts of mental terrorism, is quickly destroying the sense of calm that he was famous for...

Why?!

Why had it gone like this!?

This is why he didn't get involved in these sorts of things! He had just been trying to be polite! To figure out why someone so young had seemingly been arrested, but now he was sitting here and being verbally assaulted?! He had perhaps done a few questionable things in his life of course, everyone has done one thing or another that they're not too proud of, but he was not someone that would harm a child in any way! He was just trying to understand what was going on here-!

But it's impossible!

He's being faced with a shaking boy, a Raz who is clearly plotting some sort of nonsense, and can't think of anything firm to say in response-!

"I'm not going to hurt anyone! I haven't hurt anyone! This is all some sort of misunderstanding, I'm sure we can figure it out if everyone just calms down, okay?"

Or at least, he can't think of anything that's not an automatic cliche-!

He bites his lip.

Even though he's rather stoic, he can recognize the words of a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain, and that is exactly what he is sounding like right now-!

The villain, caught in the act and frantically denying his crimes!

But that is not this, it's not!

It's not!

Some part of him does understand that Raz is simply doing this to torture him, but the girl-! Who was the girl!? Did he know her?! It's her appearance that really makes this all the more confusing for the young man... But if he had been left with just her, perhaps he would have been able to figure it out, but as it is...

"Come on Raz, quit messing around-! She's gonna think I'm some sort of monster-!"

He can only -somewhat futilely- repeat a certain request with a hiss-!

As he kneels down somewhat -likely in an attempt to pacify the girl he hasn't realized is semi-malicious- and place his hand harmlessly -but firmly- upon your shoulder-!

...An action that makes Dejah gasp in an obviously super exaggerated way!

Like a princess watching a knight be hit!

As a group of squires (Ryan amongst them)... Who had just been walking by peacefully...

Start throwing sideways glances at the scene...

As if... Unsure about it...

Then again, considering the life the squires lead, this probably isn't the most insane thing they've seen, but-!

----

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Morning, Sunny

"Um... Yes, thank you for worrying about me."

Of the two sisters, Cosmos again shows that she's a bit more of an obvious introvert than Alyx; while her mannerisms remain polite, and she doesn't jump like she had done when you had first surprised her, but her answer is...

Sort of subdued, like she's shying away from you a bit?

It's the slightly uneasy smile that clues you in on it, showing hints that she's not exactly one-hundred percent comfortable with this situation for one reason or another...

Shy, perhaps?

Either way, she doesn't seem to be doing it to offend you, rather she seems like she's doing her best to be friendly... And it's not like you could really get too upset at someone being a bit awkward either, after all...

...This wasn't easy for you either.

You were cautiously optimistic now, since things were going pretty well, but-!

---Alyx seems to have sharper eyes than the both of you.

Being a bit of an at-a-glance big sister bully, the silver-haired girl's eyes nevertheless flicker from Cosmos to you and back again a few times, as if she was trying to figure out something about you both, and then-

"Okay... So how much do the two of you know about the SLEIPNIR?"

-she asks a strange question...

"We're gonna be living there for a bit, so if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Can't go embarrassing ourselves day one, right?"

Or at least it appears to be strange...

Until you realize she's actually...

Trying to be some gruff form of a responsible big sister...?

----

Mokujima Chris & Logan Starbright (Later On)
    SDCD Headquarters ~ Chris's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"..."

She still hasn't awoken from her slumber.

Having long ago completed the repairs on the android you had found inside of Sakurako's ship, it should have been a given that the young woman would have regained consciousness once her soul had gathered enough power to restart her body's systems...

But she still hasn't... And you can't really figure out the reason why...

It's really quite strange... A phenomena similar to a coma, even though there was no long-lasting damage to be found inside the depths of her core...

And thus you wait.

It's almost time for your departure to the North, and with Daisuke having been sent away to do what probably should have been your errands, and sending messages your way regarding some things Shuichi was working on, well...

It seems like they're still a few hours out, so you have time to do some final checks on the girl before you have to turn her back over to the Medical Bay to watch over her in your absence...

Yes.

That was your plan, as you move away from the computer you had been using to stay in contact with Daisuke, but-!

That plan is swiftly interrupted, by the sudden feeling of a body pressing up against the back of your own, and the arms that grasp at both your waist and your mouth, as if to cover a scream you may or may not have made, since...

"Shh..."

You're not exactly used to being caught off guard-!

The hair that drapes over your shoulders is long and recognizable silver, and the voice that had whispered for you to be quiet, well...

For a female android it was rather deep, her grip is strong -so strong that you really have no absolutely chance of breaking it directly, especially because Daisuke was gone- and her presence had been so absolutely silent up until now that it's clear the girl is some sort of assassin, or at least has had some serious training (or perhaps onboard systems) for suppressing the weight of her existence...

You hadn't felt, heard, or seen her move...

Then again, it was only a short dive from the bed to here, but...

While your senses had failed you in some regard... The feeling you can get from the android, as she holds your body close to her own in a militaristic grapple...

Is... A form of instinctive response? Desperation?

...Understandable, considering the circumstances you had found her in, a sudden, pseudo-violent or confused awakening could perhaps be expected, as could this intense desire to escape wherever she is, but...

She's not malicious.

The grip on your body is tight, but you get the feeling she won't try to knock you out unless you resist too much, but-!

"...!"

She moves quickly, dragging you along with her as she moves out into the halls silently, taking natural advantage of the darkness that surrounds your room, and...

...Out into the stark contrast of the lights around the first floor...

A bit earlier, with Logan...

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    “What do you think about this mission, Yamuna? With how things have been going for me, it feels like something else mysterious is going to happen.”
    The Goddess places a contemplative finger on her chin in an expression of cute thought, before-

"I think it's a good idea to have everyone work together for once, global unity is pretty important for us nowadays... Things have gotten a bit more separate than I'd have liked them too, but a reminder that we're all on the same side in this can only be a good thing!"

A simple, but honest answer.

"Although, something else mysterious?"

She frowns slightly... Then lets out a giggle...

"Mysterious things happen all the time nowadays... So you're probably right about that one, but whatever it is, we'll be able to handle it."

...And to be fair, that was true.

The life of a Tamer was filled with bizarre things, give the supernatural a little leeway in the modern world, some common acceptance, and then some people or supernatural entities are gonna start doing strange things...

Ghosts haunting bathrooms, Fairies running an underground information network, Joker being Joker and getting away with absurd acts of vigilantism in plain sight, the occasional God throwing a tantrum once they realize humanity isn't going to just bend to their whims anymore, mysterious beings throwing out riddles that they clearly expect you to solve about supernatural events...

It's certainly mysterious... But mysterious does happen all the time, still....

What neither you nor Yamuna expect however, is something mysterious happening right in front of you, as a girl emerges from the nearby hallway, or rather...

Two girls emerge from a nearby hallway, one holding the other in an obvious hostage-grip, and who...

"...Eh?"

...Obviously didn't expect Yamuna to turn to face her in her silent movement, as she freezes in place, half-hidden in the shadows of a nearby air-conditioning unit...

"...Like this, this is quite mysterious."

...An awkward moment that threatens to stretch out a bit further...

As everyone seems to come to quiet terms with the absurdity of this particular situation, and you...

Act... First...?

----

Rossweisse
    SLEIPNIR - Resource Wing
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Rossweisse
    "One more thing Lucia... It's technically not cheating if suddenly you got physically or mentally faster."
    ---Strangely enough, Lucia shakes her head at this statement.

"No need. I'll win with my own power."

...And makes a statement borne out of her pride.

Yes.

Where Hiyori is slowly but steadily descending into the depths of a villain lording over a hero, the dark-haired woman does the same thing she would do in any situation where she is on the back-foot, grit her teeth and push through it with her own strength-!

It is not like she is incapable of using magic to aid herself, but in this, she doesn't feel as if it should be necessary...

No!

She will overcome this with her will alone, not the determination of a shonen hero, but rather that of a dark knightess, of the rival character that has been backed into a corner, but refuses to show weakness in front of her opposition-!

Yes!

It is the will of a fool-!

And cackling like a villain (inside of your own head) you move to crush her with your full, boosted strength-! Some may call it petty, some may even say it is way over the line for a game, but-!

But-!

Go full force in everything you do, that is what she had said right?!

F-1 CLIMAX!
    ROUND 2
    EXHIBITION MATCH

Initial Rolls

Hiyori (3) V Lucia (8)

Stat Bonuses

Hiyori: + 2 (?!)
    Lucia: + 3

Skill Bonuses

Hiyori: + 2 (Mundane)
    Lucia: + 2 (Mundane)

Situational

A Strange Auto-Skill...
    The buffs have an opposing effect!?

Final Results

Hiyori (7) V Lucia (13)

-What?!

In the moment that should be your clear victory... Your abilities fail you...

Or rather, the moment you attempt to boost your own powers...

You find that the opposite effect has taken place-! It's a shock to the system, a sudden turn-around that you hadn't expected, and thus you drop what should have been an easy middle to corner combo a few seconds into the match, body doing the opposite of what you had expected and becoming less responsive, something that had been quite surprising after her dramatic declaration that she wouldn't use magic against you, and then...

She turns it on you.

Lucia turns it on you...

Her earlier play had been plagued with what had seemed like accidental use of what would have been Blazred's "Drive" button, a sign that she was perhaps more used to that game, but...

This time around... She wasn't nearly as clumsy?

D-Damn!

Perhaps you look up to say something at the end, to ask why she had done something that was way closer to blatant cheating than her little declaration had implied, but...

"...Thought I heard a party going on over here."

She's not the culprit, no...

The owner of this particular field, and the one who had turned it on after understanding your villainous motives...

"But using magic to cheat at games? For shame Hiyori, for shame... At least be more subtle about it."

Was Xavier.

The Ship's Head Doctor, and...

A 'friend' of yours.

Sorta.

Kinda...

...A complicated relationship perhaps, either way...

"Why'd you interfere?"

Lucia seems a bit disappointed after learning the nature of her victory, and the doctor...

"I get a strange urge to deny villains from time to time. Deflate their ego a bit."

Let's loose a biting answer-!
    Last edited by Airen; August 15th, 2020 at 06:10 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ??? - ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

What is this place?

-Deep within the fog.

--Deep within an ocean.

---Deeper still within a dream, once more?

No answers await the Tamer as he walks through this mysterious passage. A gateway from the airborne SLEIPNIR to somewhere else.

One impossibility after another, to leave the Rothschild base through a door that phased into existence is one thing, but for it to open into a world of fog, with a sea beckoning below? It shouldn't be possible, and yet it is.

But what's stranger still, is that it's... not entirely unfamiliar.

Or rather, the feeling of this place isn't.

The blindness granted by an obscuring fog, the plunge into darkness, a sensation akin to drowning... yes.

It's strangely familiar, almost akin to...

...that place.

"...Interesting."

However, merely feeling a similarity doesn't necessarily mean that there is a connection.

After all, that place didn't have a myriad of doorframes lined up going nowhere, or perhaps they are simply going nowhere right now? It's one curiosity upon another, enough to keep the Karlfeldt busy.

Two doors however are present at this time. Either is of course entirely out of place, or at least as out of place as things can be in this deep below.

One of a deep, almost velvety blue, the other seemingly much older.

Almost akin to, a seaside motel?

A continuous fog, a bottomless sea, a door of velvet and a door of antique.

So many mysteries are met with a ever growing curiosity, enough for Ludwig to forget how he was only going inside to take a look.

Or rather, that's what would have been the case if there hadn't been an internal suggestion of yet another mystery.

Oh Lud~~~ Chiyoko is back home~ and she's talking to Adala~~~.

Don't you want to know what she's been up to, or maybe find out what Auntie's worried about?

...You know I do...

A mystery that, despite the delectable meal of curiosities before the boy, wins out in the end.

Surely these strange doors would remain there when he returns here later, right?

And so, the Heir of Unity shifts back out of the fog, back to the waking world. Armed with the knowledge that Adala was headed to the bridge, that's where the boy shall go.

Off to seek two of Rothschild's veterans.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    SDCD Headquarters ~ Outside Chris's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

It has been a strange several days for Mokujima Chris.

Her relationship with her COMP has grown somewhat strained as of late, even as she finds herself growing closer to others. She only intended it to be a light scolding, and is in fact glad that Daisuke is beginning to make decisions for himself, but for whatever reason, they haven't been quite the same since he came back talking about that strange 'Burroughs' girl. Was Chris too rough? Perhaps some home-made sweets might help... but no, Daisuke probably needs to work things out on his own. It's an issue that he needs to overcome. A growing boy's mind is difficult to understand, even for an older sister. But surely he will eventually realize that the world isn't a nice place where you can trust people on flimsy reasoning and make friends with everyone and everyone. He'll definitely understand why it's not okay to be so open with strangers... right?

Chris shudders, feeling a chill running up her spine.

She must be imagining it. Daisuke is a smart boy. He's definitely learned to be more cautious.

Meanwhile, besides her COMP, Chris has actually been socializing... somewhat. Hanging out with Shuichi and Lexie counts, right? And looking up leads to track down Sakurako, fixing the broken android from the ship... all those are the sorts of achievements and goals that normally serve to motivate Chris, to boost her forward, but for whatever reason...

Unease. A strange sense of unease has settled in from somewhere. Ever since that mark appeared on her arm. No, ever since she met Sakurako at the aquarium, and was unable to take her hand and walk into the darkness.

Mokujima Chris still dreams of that day, in the brief naps she can take between work and... well, work. She still wonders if she did the right thing, as a friend, as a Tamer, and as a person. If given the chance to go back to that moment, would she have gone through that portal with Sakurako? Would she have followed if Daisuke were with her?

There are no answers in dreams. Only more questions.

Those questions continue to plague Chris, even as she works in the waking world, along with the ever-present questions that pop up every day.

"What is he thinking, designing this...?"

Chris pins a printout of the latest project to an old fashioned cork board above her computer: a printout of a video scan of what looks to be hexagonal-type magicannon, scribbled onto a napkin.

"Does he expect to need it at the North Pole? Or maybe it's something his father requested, to interface with SLEIPNIR..."

Musing to herself, wondering about Shuichi's actions, wrestling with a hundred different things at once, worrying over the strange mark on her arm that wouldn't disappear even if it were severed... it's no surprise that Mokujima Chris doesn't hear the sound of something moving up behind her until it's too late to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "Shh..."
    "..."

Chris offers no resistance as she is restrained.

She allows herself to be silently dragged out of her room by the strange android that just woke up without qualm.

One might have difficulty grasping what Mokujima Chris is thinking in this moment. After all, her natural poker face is said to be on par with that of a trained undercover agent. Perhaps she is considering a way to escape, or wondering about the strange timing of the android girl's awakening, so close to their mission's start date. She may instead be panicking; after all, she's not so cold as to be incapable of fear. Without an active Harmonizer, she is nearly powerless in this situation...

The truth goes unvoiced as the android opens the door and drags Chris out into the halls.

Only to come face to face with-!

Quote Originally Posted by HER
    It breaks.

The strange boy Chris doesn't recognize goes mostly ignored, but the sight of Yamuna, Goddess of Humanity and frequent visitor of the SDCD facilities... breaks Mokujima Chris' poker face in an instant.

What Mokujima Chris' blank expression turns into, instantly, upon recognizing the overpowered person before her...

...is panic.

She doesn't immediately say anything. It's not in Chris' nature to loudly flail about when panicking. Instead, slowly, the awkward silence continues as her stomach twists into knots and she breaks out into a nervous sweat, and goosebumps arise, and she is overcome by inexplicable, overpowering fear of Yamuna.

After an eternity of nervous silence... Chris opens her mouth, and-.

"...b-bad evening."

Quietly stutters out two words.

A moment later, all the lights in the corridor die out, leaving everyone in pitch blackness.

It's fortunate that they're still near her room. Mokujima Chris is a fan of technology, and has hacked a portion of the dorm's electrical grid to respond to voice signals. Usually this means something like "morning" will slowly reactivate the lights in her room and pull open the curtains, as Lexie Davis witnessed not even two weeks ago. It's a harmless bit of customization that was cleared with the higher-ups along with some other special allowances. But when repairing the hole in her roof, Chris took it upon herself to expand her reach just the slightest, tiniest bit, into the nearby halls as well, so that her voice can control the lights there as well.

"Morning" is the command to turn on the lights, so it follows that "evening" will turn them off. But "bad evening" is a command that has never been used before, because it was created by Chris for exactly this kind of situation.

"Run," Chris whispers to the android girl as the lights disappear, giving them a moment of cover. "...I know the halls; tell me where."

Yes, this is the worst case scenario. Being kidnapped is fine and all...

But that goddess is just too bright to bear, for someone as gloomy as Mokujima Chris, who can't even talk to her boss.

"Now, go-!"

So, anywhere is better than here. And this strange android might be the only chance she has of escape-!

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse
    SLEIPNIR - Resource Wing
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Lucia
    "No need. I'll win with my own power."
    ‘You seem like an interesting person Lucia… I’d love to see how long you could last with enhancements, but I doubt you’ll even last halfway into the match when I get serious. ’

Why did it feel like I was in one of those… manga was it? Something like one of the hero’s future party members would say to the final boss before they get beat due to their stubbornness. Actually it reminded me of a certain one that Hiyori had me pick up after she beat a game with anthropomorphic consoles. I think one of them was a black-haired tsundere? In that game/manga, the characters in it were a little… too serious about playing games. Weren’t the point of the games supposed to be fun and not taken seriously? Then again, I suppose “winning is fun and losing is bad” is how most people thought about it. I would consider reigning in Hiyori’s trash talking, but for now Lucia seems fine.

ROUND 2 FIGHT!

At first, Hiyori was just dominating thanks to her natural speed and experience with the game compared to Lucia. All it was going to take was one mistake on Lucia’s part and then Hiyori was probably going to trigger Heat Riser and Gefrierzeit to capitalize on everything. Despite Hiyori’s taunting earlier, it seems like Lucia was likely to survive until the halfway point.

“...!”

‘FALL!’

But she would only last to the halfway point if she didn’t make a mistake! Lucia inadvertently let Hiyori get momentum and now she was forced to follow Hiyori’s pace unless she wanted to eat a massive amount of damage! I felt the familiar feeling of Heat Riser and Gefrierzeit trigger as the world seemingly slowed down for us. Hiyori effectively had all of the time in the world think about her combo. I see so she was going to push Lucia to a corner and once there keep the pressure on her until she could force a favorable Instant Kill situation.

> !

After that initial moment, there was something very very wrong. While Hiyori might not have noticed it due to her attention being focused on following her Instant Kill combo, I certainly did. Our actions were slower and everything felt faster than it should be. At first, I suspected Lucia. She said she would be winning with her own power, however she never did say that we would be at our normal power. If that’s the case, technically debuffing your opponent wasn’t against the rules either, but it did cross an unspoken rule...

‘Impossible! I’m losing?! What did you do to me?!’

I set my COMP to scan for the source of the weakening while Hiyori went from comfortably ahead to getting the tide turned on her. While I’m sure Hiyori would’ve been able to adjust for the decreased movements and lagged perception in an actual combat situation, the match would end before she can correct it fully or rather Lucia wouldn’t give her that chance. It seems like her familiarity on Blazred seemed to lightly inhibit her capabilities as she kept trying to input that game’s controls instead of this game’s controls.

All things considered, Hiyori held on reasonably well. The game was much closer this time around however it looks like Hiyori’s predictions were vastly off. Because the game did pass the halfway mark and… she didn’t end up winning. Lucia ended up tying up the score.

‘This isn’t right… I should’ve won that... Protagonist’s plot armor? Heroic second wind? No, I’ve got it! THIS IS THE WORK OF!’

She purposefully projected her virtual avatar so she could point at the person she thought was the source of her defeat.

Hiyori

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "...Thought I heard a party going on over here. But using magic to cheat at games? For shame Hiyori, for shame... At least be more subtle about it."
    ‘THE SHIP’S DOCTOR! I should’ve known you would appear to hinder me in my plans yet again!’

For a second, I thought she was going to ignore the scan data’s resources and blame Lucia at it. Since she would have the most reason to sabotage Hiyori’s technical playing by the rules. However, it looks like she actually did bother looking.

“Good morning, Dr. Xavier.”

My greeting towards Dr. Xavier was much more subdued and formal compared to my greeting to Lucia who I didn’t really know. We were friendly… ish. You could say I visited him all the time and he went to see me a lot. As a patient and doctor or as a student and teacher of course. Well frequent patient who snuck out of the clinic to train before being medically cleared. Alternatively, bothersome and unwanted student who barged in whenever to ask medical questions and treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucia
    "Why'd you interfere?"
    ‘Yeah! Why did you interfere in our noble duel!?’

Noble? You were about to abuse a loophole in the rules. You never said you weren’t allowed to use magic. Granted, there was the unspoken rule that participants wouldn’t negatively affect each other or their equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Xavier
    "I get a strange urge to deny villains from time to time. Deflate their ego a bit."
    ‘WHAAAAAAA?!’

Hiyori seemed to have taken offense to it despite her earlier acting of your typical stereotypical overconfident boss.

‘I’ll have you know that I am a COMP of JUSTICE! Slayer of Villains, Protector of Innocents, and the Gamer Hegemon of Rothschild!’

“Weren’t you the Self-Proclaimed Supreme Gamer Empress of SLEPNIR last week?”

‘I have many titles and none of them are self-proclaimed!’

Regardless, this should stop Hiyori from cheating even if she TECHNICALLY wasn't.

Blog Entries
    Aster
    The Boundary ~ Azure Horizon

---Request acknowledged.

A quiet voice that seems to directly halt the flow of time.

Or rather, the appearance of that voice comes along with the world slowing to an agonizing crawl, of things still ticking forward ever so slightly, but doing so at so absurdly slow a rate that it might as well not be moving at all... It's a phenomena that's difficult to tell the nature of, is it the result of magic being used by this distant entity, and if so, how were they doing it from so far away? Was it some form of auto-skill? Was it simply a boost to your processing speed from a system link? That might make sense too, but there was no breaching of your firewalls as far as you could tell, and thus it remains somewhat of a mystery, but...

You aren't given time to ponder it for too long, after all...

---The world seems to slip away soon after... It does so gently, as if the person on the other side was trying their best to not frighten you for some reason, indeed, while a strange power is 'pulling' you somewhere, it is only able to do so because you are allowing it to do so, you could pull back from it at any time, but...

Well, curiosity is a powerful thing, especially in your case, where it seems this entity wants to speak to you rather than to your user...

It's gratifying, yes...

Calling it a bit twisted may also be correct, a sign of jealousy perhaps?

But those things are to be expected, no one is perfect after all, still-

-eventually, you find yourself in a bizarre area.

It's a clear data world, fashioned after a night sky with two moons... The whole things gives off a deep feeling of blue, the vibrant azure of souls, be they data-based or otherwise, and...

It's strange...

Quiet?

There's nothing to stand on, but the feet of your avatar remain on something tangible nevertheless... There's something else at your feet too, a black cloak of sorts made of data...

Similar data to the Joker Auto-Skill actually...

And...

"Hello Ms. AI, my name is Burroughs."

Waiting for you inside of this space...

Is a shorter A.I with silver hair, one whose back is turned to you here in the Azure Sky, and who seems to be making a pointed, and almost childishly innocent effort to you not look in your direction...

"I had to bring you here to make sure any conversation we had couldn't be hacked and overheard... That um... Cloak is made out of the same thing as that Joker program you use all the time, so if you put it on, I shouldn't be able to see what you actually look like! I know you were worried about that, so I thought that might be a good workaround..."

...And explains some things in an almost... nervous sounding voice...?

"So just tell me when you're ready, and I'll turn around, okay?"

...Was this an act, or...

Was this girl really this childishly innocent...

She's even sort of holding her hands over her eyes, even though she's been turned away from you the whole time...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Morning, Sunny

There is something that bothers Eva about Cosmos’s reaction.

Cosmos does not seem entirely comfortable at the current sequence of events. That by itself, is a cause for concern, but there is something that bothers Eva even more deeply about this situation- only moments before, the two sisters were happily chatting between themselves without any real issues. Therefore, the source of her discomfort can only be reasonably linked to recent events that have occurred since then, which suggests to only one natural conclusion about why Cosmos is uncomfortable with the current situation.

It has to be related to Eva.

…???

Unfortunately, she has no idea why that would be the case. Try as she might, she has no recollection of any history with the girl that would result in such a reaction.

Slightly confused, she is all too grateful for Alyx’s interruption- a topic that is much easier for Eva to follow.

"Okay... So how much do the two of you know about the SLEIPNIR? We're gonna be living there for a bit, so if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Can't go embarrassing ourselves day one, right?"
    “The basics. It’s a very large battleship, capable of flight, origins unknown… I hear that it usually has some kind of anti-magic field up all over.”

Compared to the rumors she’d heard of the people on board, her knowledge of the actual ship was somewhat rudimentary. Enough to recognize what it was and some semblance of what it could do (or rather, what it was known to do- in the end, the ship was a mysterious artifact of unknown origin, after all)- essentially what she considered basic knowledge for any Tamer. She had never had any reason to look into it in more detail up until now.

If you asked her, the ship seemed rather fantastical- and a little dangerous, considering its origins still remained a mystery. But it seemed like that did not bother its occupants much, and since it was the only mobile base that humanity had at the moment, there really was no safer choice to choose for an expedition like this.

It went without saying that she’d never been on it before- were it not for this current mission, then she would be more than fine not getting onboard at all. Less because of what the ship actually was, and more because of who was on the ship - people from the church and people from Rothschild were not particularly known to get along, as far as she knew.

But it was always possible that there were exceptions.

“Have you been onboard before, Alyx?”

Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama, Sho's Residence
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning, Just After Midnight

"Sorry, but playing mute won't have an effect on me, either. I have a number of friends who either speak another language or aren't able to speak altogether, so if that was your strategy to find a soft spot in me, then you better come up with something else."

That girl managed to surprise me for a second there. Didn't expect her to have the ability to turn intangible and back with such ease. If things go south, it's going to be difficult to throw her out of my house without a real way to fight back. Good news is that she looks innocent enough, maybe she'll leave if I explain the situation properly. Let's see, I think it was done this way...

"See? These are the ASL signs for 'Get out of my house or I will call the police!', widely known across the globe. I don't have a shotgun, but surely you understand what I am trying to say..."

... Or not.

I've swear I've seen that kind of look on someone else before. Tch, so stubborn. Just give it up, I won't show any hospitality even if you beg for it. You barged into my house for no reason... Your actions have consequences, you weirdo. That's just how life is.

"Still... I suppose I'll give it back."
    I retrieve the cloak from within the vacuum cleaner and hand it back to her. "I don't know if this was playing a part in keeping you safe from the storm outside, so here."

Trust me, the last thing I need is my neighbor catching sight of a pretty girl walking out of my place at a time like this. Funnily enough, it would not be the potential end of my career what drives me to be cautious, but the true nature of the landlord who has lent this place to me in exchange for rent. The rules were clear, and even a misunderstanding would mean putting my life on the line...

"..."

She still won't leave...

"You know, I can't help you out if you aren't clear about your circumstances. You are fortunate I was in a good mood. Otherwise, I would have resorted to more powerful techniques to lure you out. Like the eye-poke technique, for example... You would have never stood a chance against that one.

So yeah, what's up? Decided to escape from some shady government facility in the middle of a stormy night?"
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama, Sho's Residence
    11/16/2026

Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    "So yeah, what's up? Decided to escape from some shady government facility in the middle of a stormy night?"

"..."

For a moment, the girl's expression is disbelieving, almost as if asking if you were being serious right now.

It's a bit of a strange reaction, seeing as she was clearly the one being a weirdo in this situation, but after staring at you for a bit...

Her eyes open a bit wider, she turns her head slightly to the side, raises one of her hands and taps on the top of her own head... It's a movement that could mean one of a few things admittedly, but if you had to assign a decisive meaning to it, it would be something like...

Did you hit your head or something?

A question silently 'stated' without sarcasm, it's a sincere motion one that almost makes it seem like she's worried about you, judging by how she grasps your arm soon after that, and pulls you -across the floor of your own apartment- to the wall, where an old-fashioned calendar (a 'gift' of sorts from the landlady, with clearly marked dates for rent payment) is hanging silently on the wall...

Yes.

She pulls you there in spite of your struggles, showing a rather formidable bit of strength, and...

She flips a page, and then points at it.

Points at it rather aggressively, all things considered...

Her finger decisively lands on Christmas, and then to make things even stranger, once she's sure you're paying attention to her, she wanders back over to the other side of the apartment, and...

Jumps into the bed, throwing the covers over her head in some miming of sleep/rest/state of unconsciousness, before jumping back out of the bed and...

Giving you the same expectant look as before, as if what she had just done would totally clear up the randomness of that charades act, but...

What the hell was all of that supposed to mean...?!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster

A night sky crowned by two moons, bathed in brilliant shades of dark blue. Instinct, if an artificial intelligence can even be said to possess it, drives Aster to look away from the moons and towards her namesake, glistening in the heavens. Perhaps it’s awfully romantic of her, but there was something lovely about aimlessly gazing into the skies above, admiring nature’s midnight canvas. Full of bright, lonely asterisms, shining to those who bothered to look.

Unfortunately, she is not here to relax, but to do business.

"I had to bring you here to make sure any conversation we had couldn't be hacked and overheard... That um... Cloak is made out of the same thing as that Joker program you use all the time, so if you put it on, I shouldn't be able to see what you actually look like! I know you were worried about that, so I thought that might be a good workaround..."

"So just tell me when you're ready, and I'll turn around, okay?"
    The leather in front of her feels too real—but perhaps that is the imperfections of Mirror Image rather than a flawed recreation of the tactile experience—and from a glance she can already tell that the girl in front of her is not lying. The code that makes up this dreadfully unfashionable article of clothing is reminiscent of Joker’s, but the effect has ceased to be important. What the girl has said is so much more relevant.

She already knows.

Truthfully, if news of her appearance ever got out, it would merely remain sordid gossip for the rest of her and Ayra’s existence. And gossip, Aster knows, is much more bearable than the fallout of betraying everything the Knights stood for. Clean, pristine justice tossed aside for a righteousness unfettered. In that sense, does it matter if this girl knows one more secret? She and her benefactor already knew the biggest one.

For a moment, Aster pauses, wondering if she could continue with this charade. Perhaps the girl in front of her knew less than she assumed, perhaps she knew even more. She glances at the cloak in her hands, wondering if it actually hid anything. For the four-and-a-half years she’s existed, she’s been forced to hide and cower like a rat, with only dearest Primrose as her sole confidant, over their shared experience. And since those two became Knights, not even that was left to her.

If she could be finally freed of that suffocating veil, just once…

The cloak falls at her feet.

“Well, if that cat’s out of the bag, I suppose it doesn’t matter, as long as you don’t tell.” Aster’s voice is a measured, artificial calm, because what she does all hinges too much on the benevolence of the girl in front of her. But she has the feeling that if this were to ruin Ayra’s life, she would not be treated with these accommodations, of such a high caliber, at that. “Feel free to turn around.”

“But, little miss, I have to ask… how long have you been watching Ayra and I? And why?”
    Last edited by Katie; August 18th, 2020 at 03:40 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Aoyama, Beneath the Starlit Lake (SDCD Base)
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"I think it's a good idea to have everyone work together for once, global unity is pretty important for us nowadays... Things have gotten a bit more separate than I'd have liked them to, but a reminder that we're all on the same side in this can only be a good thing!"
    “I see; that makes sense.” The four organizations are quite different, after all. There’s no reason to conflict with them, since we all have the same goal… but I’m not very compatible when it comes down to it. I’m talking to Yamuna right now, but spending everyday like this in the SDCD would be just too much. There’s too much to look out for and not enough room to focus. Then there’s the Rose Cross. Gods are on a completely different level from humans, but there’s no one and only supreme deity. Even with the presence of angels, I can’t believe that there’s just one God when Ares and Bishamonten fight on Friday Night Fights and Coyote runs a YouTube channel. And the Knights of the Round… Logan furrows his brow. “Even if each organization has someone who can’t work with someone else for some reason, they’re still working toward the same goal. As long as they’re a Tamer, they’re looking to connect with another person. I think everyone has that impulse in the end, to be accepted.”

"Although, something else mysterious? Mysterious things happen all the time nowadays... So you're probably right about that one, but whatever it is, we'll be able to handle it."
    “I suppose so. Still, there’s a difference between the ‘mysterious’ of the Information Age and the ‘mysterious’ of the Magic Age. I was thinking of the latter, to be honest.” Like the dead returning to life. “Though that doesn’t change what Tamers do.”

People who’d matured before the Magic Age tended to hold different definitions of what was incredible and what was commonplace. For Logan, who’d been a toddler when the Magic Age began, he’d had to learn the basics of society twice over, with rainbow fire and playful fairies shifting from mystical to mundane and back again as the world itself rushed to categorize and conceptualize a sudden second sphere of society. Jogging up the side of a building was by relatively recent standards absurd, but currently about as unlikely as a car accident. Unexpected would be a better word for the majority of such happenstances, like a ghost possessing your television to run an infomercial for its old business, or a yuki-onna turning a freeway into a Hot Wheels track to ‘make things more interesting’, or-

Or two women stepping into sight from a nearby hallway, one holding the other hostage. Logan rapidly processes information: partial concealment, no visible weapons - raw fear in the brunette’s eyes. He rises from the floor to action, but she acts first.

"...b-bad evening."
    The hallway sinks into darkness at her desperate action, but that’s little obstacle for Logan. The primary objective is to secure the hostage; by all appearances she lacks her COMP, which makes ensuring her safety paramount and more difficult - but far from impossible. The brunette - likely a Tamer caught unawares - did her best to make an opening, and he’s not about to let it go to waste. He acts immediately, before the two have a chance to shift positions and casts Crystal Coat on the hostage, shrouding her in glimmering white armor. She now has a modicum of protection against stray spells and almost as importantly, a visible glow that illuminates his path. The next instant he stands before them. Arms reach out to peel the silver-haired woman’s grasp from the brunette, offering her a path to freedom.

“Run past me into the lounge! It’s safe there!”

Auto-Skill: Isle of Lotuses
    Spells Set: Crystal Coat, Tarukaja, ???, ???, ???, Phantasm Step
    Spells Used: Crystal Coat, Tarukaja, Phantasm Step
    Heat: 7/10
    Stamina: 17

Isle of Lotuses - Imbues Logan’s Harmonizer Field with a soporific effect that consistently erodes the fighting spirit and SEN of enemies until they are lulled into a defenseless state of tranquility. An auto skill that shows its true merit the longer the battle is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama, Sho's Residence
    11/16/2026

"Sigh..."

I scratch the back of my head, unsure of how to respond to what I've just seen. No doubt her actions have brought up more questions than answers, but the one thing that really worries me is the way it was executed. Now, understand, I have little to no idea of what she is trying to tell me, but I can say for sure that it was not some random excuse to stay the night at my place. Though she has managed to remain composed in her actions, bizarre as they may have been, but I could not help but notice a layer of urgency underneath those big green eyes of her.

"..."

Unbelievable even for someone such myself, I begin to buy her story, even if I don't know what it is. It might be some kind of prank, or some cute remark about Christmas. Hell, it might even just be her birthday. I am absolutely clueless. But, for now, I'll lend her an ear. Maybe once I do, she'll leave me alone. About that... It seems that she is capable of understanding at least a portion of what I say. If that is the case, it should be possible to bridge the gap through a little creative game. Granted, I've never been good at detective work, so there's no guarantees that I'll get anywhere, but having awful odds at something has not stopped me before, especially not during circumstances where my household might be in danger.

"Ok. Let me see I can get this straight: Something happens during Christmas... And someone, possibly me, goes to sleep."

But that sentence doesn't make any sense.

Or rather, there is nothing out of the ordinary with it, since I ultimately go to sleep every day.

I'll have to be a little more blunt with my approach. It might be a gamble, but no matter the answer I get, It'll probably save me time with the puzzle. Remember the sooner I am done with this, the faster I can go back to my own normality, the one I've spent years building walls around.

"Does something bad happen to me at that date?"

I ask, with an unimpressed expression all over my face. Truth to be told, I do not believe in the horoscope, the stars and fortune foretelling in general. It is what it is, a scam, and with the advancement of technology, it has only become easier for that group of people to fool the public with their predictions. But what gives? If this person is 'trying to tell me something about the future', then I won't turn my head away as long as it doesn't add to my credit card bills.

Who knows, it might be worth a laugh.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama, Sho's Residence
    11/16/2026

"Ok. Let me see I can get this straight: Something happens during Christmas... And someone, possibly me, goes to sleep."
    ---She nods, although the nod becomes slightly more hesitant near the end of your statement, as if it was technically correct, but also not exactly what she was going for, still...

"Does something bad happen to me at that date?"
    ...To this, she does nod in a decisive manner. It's a movement made with no hesitation, as if this point was the most important point of all of them, and for a second her expression does remind you of someone else, someone you know...

But who it is... It's difficult to tell...

Still, with her expression loosening a bit after this, as if pleased that she had managed to convey at least one part of her 'fortune' to you, the girl sharpens her expression again and stands up straight, looking you dead in the eyes once more, as if to say...

And now for another...

And then points decisively at you.

From there, she makes an R-sign with her left hand, bringing it up to her lips before pointing it out towards you, a sign that was clearly not ASL, but perhaps something else, and...

Then points at the bed again...

...Seems like the bed was an important factor here, so what was it...?

...And why did it sound like the storm outside was getting louder for some reason...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster

Quote Originally Posted by Aster
    “Feel free to turn around.”
    ---She takes a bit to turn around to face you, even after being given permission to do so... Indeed, there is a definite childish hesitance in the way the girl turns slowly to peek back at you through her fingers, as if worried that you were trying to trick her or something, but...

"I won't tell! I promise!"

...After seemingly coming to the conclusion that it is safe, and that she hasn't made you mad (she really seems keen on you not being angry with her for some reason) the girl somewhat energetically jumps around to face you, the sudden explosion of enthusiasm so much that it becomes obvious this is more along the lines of her usual personality, a cheerful, smiling young girl that seems well...

Generally excited to talk with someone else?

"I was actually gonna ask you to do something similar to be honest! I'm not really supposed to talk to anyone if I can help it, so if you can keep it a secret that I did, I'd really appreciate it!"

Yep.

She's basically bouncing around you like some sort of rabbit on a sugar rush...

“But, little miss, I have to ask… how long have you been watching Ayra and I? And why?”
    One that only sort of stops bouncing around at the second question...

Sort of...

Now she's more... Rocking her body back and forth slightly on her heels...?

"How long? As long as I can remember more or less..."

This is a concerning comment in a number of ways, but she keeps talking before you can put those particular thoughts to voice...

"That was my mission from my User! I am supposed to 'observe' the World and all of it's inhabitants until the end of my assignment, without letting anyone know that I exist! That is my primary mission, secondary mission is to take note of unusual phenomena and record them inside of my database!"

...And contrary to her apparent mission, she just tells you of her mission, which seems to serve as a bit of a contradiction, but...

"I don't remember exactly why of course, I've forgotten quite a few things... But my User asked me to do it, so I'm sure it's important that I do!"

She beams at you, and then...

"A friend of mine told me I should help the police if I can though, so I've added my own mission onto the other two! That's why I called you here today! I'm sort of like a secret super hero assistant!"

Puffs out her chest in a somewhat... Proud fashion?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster

She’s so excitable…

Maturity for COMPs, Aster knows, is a wide spectrum, much like their owners. Some are bratty and others are mature, and in this case she wonders how someone could make an artificial intelligence so… naive. Especially one of this strength… It feels like a train wreck waiting to happen, if she has to be honest. The more straightforward someone is, the easier it is to lead them astray, is it not?

But perhaps she is merely projecting. Ayra is one of a kind, after all.

"I was actually gonna ask you to do something similar to be honest! I'm not really supposed to talk to anyone if I can help it, so if you can keep it a secret that I did, I'd really appreciate it!"
    “We’re birds of a feather, then,” she says with a warm laugh, and there is something relieving about meeting someone else in her unfortunate predicament. Misery does love its company, but seeing this girl hop around her without a care in the world, Aster has to admit that’s the wrong thought. It’s merely unfortunate that Burroughs and her exist like this. Terribly, terribly unfortunately.

"That was my mission from my User! I am supposed to 'observe' the World and all of its inhabitants until the end of my assignment, without letting anyone know that I exist! That is my primary mission, secondary mission is to take note of unusual phenomena and record them inside of my database!"

"A friend of mine told me I should help the police if I can though, so I've added my own mission onto the other two! That's why I called you here today! I'm sort of like a secret super hero assistant!"
    She must be rather autonomous if she can contradict her orders just like that.

The things Burroughs say—memory loss especially—serve to pique her curiosity. If she takes Burroughs at face value, and honestly, she is finding it increasingly harder to not do so, then her task, already on a scale beyond the most advanced AIs, is something she can do. Observing the world and all its inhabitants sounds like hyperbole, yet she knows about their connection with Joker…

If her thoughts are correct, then Burroughs is a being that puts Laplace to shame… at least, in the information department.

That last statement, though…

Is she supposed to reprimand Burroughs or praise her? Normally, telling someone to trust the police is a perfectly sound statement, but perhaps her experiences working under Joker’s flag have colored her perspective. In this world, evil glistens just as much as it shrouds. But even so, that advice led Burroughs to her, and Aster is not one to squander chances.

“It’s good you asked me, then. You’re talking to an ally of justice!” Aster says, deciding she can leave the lecture for later. Saying the words “ally of justice” with a straight face gives her immeasurable pain, but this is one of the many indignities she must suffer as Ayra Lilygrove’s COMP. Her owner’s dedication to what is right cannot be understated, and she, the ever faithful COMP, must unwaveringly support this destructive ideal. “If there’s a wrong in the world, Ayra and I will set it right!”

God, it hurts.

“So, what did you want to tell me?”

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    St. Peter's Basilica
    12/22/2026
    Noon, Thunder Storm

"...I see."

While there were certainly parts of your story that would still be considered outlandish even in the modern day (alternate world theory was but a theory after all, at least as far as common knowledge went) the man does not call that aspect of your story a lie, no...

As some form of snake himself, it is likely that he is trained in discovering lies in most of their forms; the way in which someone talks, their subconscious movements, verbal ticks, changes in their spiritual signature... It's likely that he's continuing to take all of it in and make his judgements off of that, yes, the more you interact with him, the more obvious it is that his gaze is clearly gazing through you in a thoughtful way, his gaze never leaving your form (and not seeming to blink either) but...

"..."

It still takes him some time to say anything more than that, indeed, it's only at the end, when the hints of mania creep into your voice, that he looks right at you and-

"...Putting aside the confidential matter of this assignment, as well as your nature as a suspect for a moment... There are a number of things wrong with your proposed course of action."

-faces that hint of mania with a logical voice, one that hasn't lost it's aura of friendliness, but speaks words that perhaps you do not wish to hear...

"First of all, assuming these two are the culprits, they were capable of assassinating Alisa Kingsleigh, one of the strongest spirit users on the planet. Chasing them down in a foolhardy quest for revenge alone would likely lead to the same outcome for yourself."

Like an obvious truth, the truth that you are probably too 'weak' to carry out your revenge in the first place, and alongside that...

"...Additionally, I do not believe your fate would be particularly pleasant if you were to move too far from my sight right now."

...He says something strange, something that would almost sound like a threat, if not for the fact that he follows it with-

"After all, for one reason or another... It seems that your existence begins to fade if no one is actively watching you... I'm not quite sure why that is -it's quite the fascinating phenomena really- but do you not think you should deal with that first?"

-a series of remarkably casual words...

For how heavy their meaning may be...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    St. Peter's Basilica
    12/22/2026
    Noon, Thunder Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Proctor
    "First of all, assuming these two are the culprits, they were capable of assassinating Alisa Kingsleigh, one of the strongest spirit users on the planet. Chasing them down in a foolhardy quest for revenge alone would likely lead to the same outcome for yourself."
    Still collapsed on the floor, Cosmos' response upon hearing Daniel's words - words that she doesn't want to hear - was to unconsciously scrape the floor with her bare hands, anger and frustration clear on her face before she looked down, her hat obscuring her expression. But even without seeing her face, one could infer that Cosmos is angry from how her hand seems ready to be swung to release her pent-up anger and frustration.

Anger at the two potential suspects, for potentially being the culprit who killed her mother.

Anger at Daniel, for speaking the truth that she doesn't want to hear.

But more importantly, anger at herself for being so weak and useless; no, worse than useless.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, that pursuing those two will only lead to her death. Cosmos doesn't fear death - she'll gladly die for her mother or religion - but the possibility of dying and thus losing the chance to make things right, to undo her mistakes and be reunited with her mother once again, forced Cosmos to calm down and accept the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Proctor
    "...Additionally, I do not believe your fate would be particularly pleasant if you were to move too far from my sight right now. After all, for one reason or another... It seems that your existence begins to fade if no one is actively watching you... I'm not quite sure why that is -it's quite the fascinating phenomena really- but do you not think you should deal with that first?"
    But Daniel's words reminded Cosmos of one important fact.

Her ties to the world is disappearing, and sooner or later she'll fade away; in other words, she'll die soon enough.

'Fading if no one is watching me...'

Her mind flashed back to her room, dark and lonely, with no one watching her except for Illia; and if the man's words are to be believed, then Illia doesn't count as an 'observer.' She should have faded, really...

But someone was observing her during those lonely days.

There was Doctor Lynx, who always came to make sure she at least eat her meals, but it was her sister's face who came first and foremost to her mind.

She hadn't actually seen her sister after that fateful day; she heard the door being opened of course, but she never cared to greet or look at the visiting Alyx, even when the girl sometimes visited multiple times a day. Not that her sister had actually said anything either; she knew Alyx was only visiting to make sure she's there, that she's alright, and no words need to be spoken for such visits when their minds were burdened by the tragedy.

And yet those simple visits literally saved her from disappearing, thus giving her this chance right now to look for the truth, the chance to undo her mistakes.

Amazing as always, unlike her.

Still, she couldn't waste this chance. She couldn't mess up the opportunity that God had given her. Remembering what her mother had once told her - God never give someone a trial they couldn't overcome - and repeating it like a mantra in her head, Cosmos gave her kneeling, worried COMP a look of reassurance before shakily standing up and looking at the NWAB agent in the eyes.

"I... know that I'm on a time limit." She began, looking at her now dirtied, bruised hand and imagining it looking transparent. "That my ties to this world is starting to slip away. I don't have any basis for this, but I believe that mother is my ties to this world... and the missing month when I was away was the key. Thus, finding out the truth of what happened... will tie me back to the world."

She paused to gather her thoughts, and seeing Illia's look of encouragement gave her the push to continue on.

"I'd happily pursue a safer option, but the only clue we have are those two mysterious people right? With or without your help, I'll have to pursue that clue. Besides, suicide mission or not, my time is limited." She gave the snake a resigned smile. "Rather than just disappearing, I'd rather try to look for the truth and die by my mother's killers, should it came to it. At least that means I've tried, even if it might mean nothing in the end."

Of course, she has no intention of dying if she could help it. As useless as she is and as strong as the assassins are, as long as God is on her side then nothing is impossible, and God knows she'll try her damn hardest for her mother. Cosmos Fairchild has simply accepted that should she fail, die, or disappear, then God is not on her side and that she'd undoubtedly go to hell. That this is a divine punishment for her sins and mistakes.

Not that she deserves to go to heaven after what had happened, anyway.

Still, the depressing train of thought brought the memory of her last dream, of the man who believed in her despite everything, and Cosmos remembered another reason why she at least has to try her hardest not to die.

At least, not yet.

"...Come to think of it, I do have one other clue." She absentmindedly said to Daniel before repeating what the Man of Light had said to her in the dream when he tried his best to help her. "The world is strange. If you don't know what that means, then I'll have to pursue those two mysterious individuals, with or without your help."
    Last edited by palad1n; August 24th, 2020 at 01:22 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Aster

---Sparkling eyes.

While your own description of yourself as an "ally of justice" was quite an agonizing one for you to say, the shorter white-haired girl seems to be super impressed by the connotations of it, to the point of her eyes literally sparkling like stars for a bit as she looks at you...

---In some ways that makes it more painful, perhaps?

Nevertheless...

“So, what did you want to tell me?”
    "I have a few things!"

The girl is clearly eager to keep talking with you...

"When I figured out you were trying to look into Akarana Charlotte, I did a bit of investigation on her myself!" Raising one hand like a child in a classroom, the girl hops in place a few times as she babbles at you, "She has a device that is seemingly designed to completely absorb specific wavelengths of light and reiki on her person at all times, effectively rendering her impossible to observe for brief periods of time... The theoretical mechanics behind it were easy enough for me to figure out, but the actual power behind it is really surprising, even I can't really see her when she's using it! Makes finding her after she turns it off kind of difficult too..."

She huffs for a moment at this, crossing her arms, before...

"But she doesn't use it all the time! Probably because she can't for some reason... Anyways, it was a bit of a nightmare of cross-referencing, but I was able to figure out that she spends a lot of time at 33 Thomas Street in New York City! Can't really see inside of that building either, so it's pretty suspicious, right?"

...33 Thomas Street?

...Like the location of a theoretical mass surveillance hub in the United States?

...The NSA?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama, Brighter Days Orphanage
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Hyakka
    “Cool guys… there’s Nakahara-senpai! And… Belial. He is odd, but cool! Like a villain turned hero but forever a villain with a hero’s heart! … Does that make sense?”
    "Belial? Like Uncle Bel?"

---With Alice having practically warped to your side as you started to wash your hair -due to the performance of such tasks being the obvious duty of the older sister- the voice that questions your mention of the crimson-haired teacher does so with a degree of familiarity to it...

Or rather...

She calls him Uncle?

"You wound up in his class huh! Good for you! I super get it! Uncle Belial is really cool! The coolest!"

You can practically feel her smiling at your back, as conditioner laden hands automatically perform the practiced motions again; your hair, much like the rest of you, seemed to be stuck in some sort of bizarre stasis... It didn't really get dirty or dried out on it's own, and even when outside forces conspire against you in that regard, your body always seems to just sort of...

Go back to how it originally was...

Much like a save point in a video game.

An oddity to be sure, but one that you were living with-!

"He's rude, tough, and kind of moody, but is obviously the guy that would take a bullet for you at the drop of a hat, claiming he doesn't know why he did it! A villainous hero! An untrustworthy trustworthy person! I could tell you all sorts of embarrassing stories about him, it'd really mess with him if I did~"

She has a high opinion of him!

Seemingly!

Some of her statements seem to contradict themselves a bit! Nevertheless-!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyakka
    “And of course I eat the vegetables. But I will never surrender to milk. I will not capitulate!”
    "Huhhh?"

A disappointed clicking sound, one obviously drawn out for dramatic effect-!

"But you need to drink milk, or you'll never grow any bigger!"

A lie!

That's a lie!

Milk was a traitor to the cause!

Still, chuckling in spite of the 'lecturing' tone of her voice, the older girl continues after a moment:

"But... Just those two huh? You didn't meet someone named Zerah while I was away?"

Her voice was thoughtful for a moment, as if this is strange...

Zerah...

Probably meant Zerah Meir, one of the Knights of the Round, a super-hero amongst superheroes-!

Of course he was in England, so why would he be around here in Japan...?

"He wanted me to give you something when I came back here, said he talked to you a few days ago... I figured you'd remember someone like him right away..."

Eh?

You'd definitely remember meeting someone like that...

Zerah...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Bridge
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---In the end, the appeal of Chiyoko's reappearance is a bit too much for you to just ignore.

Leaving the bizarre dream world behind in much the same way as you had entered it -complete with mild choking on the mist- you trust in your previous knowledge that Adala had been heading towards the bridge (and had thus likely encountered Chiyoko there) and dart after the two of them with a purposeful speed... It's not the speed of desperation, you had not been trained to show those sorts of things to others, rather, it's the speed of curiosity that drives you forward, through the -mostly- empty halls of the SLEIPNIR (it seems most of the Tamers were still asleep) and onwards towards your ultimate destination...

But it's as you approach... That your senses whisper at you to slow down...

Just a bit, be a bit more quiet...

Of course, one's sixth sense can occasionally lead them astray in the long term, but right now...

You don't see a problem with being a bit more quiet as you approach the door leading into the hallway towards the bridge... No one else is really around, but the door leading to the bridge itself is unlocked and open, as if someone had just casually strode inside without bothering to shut it behind them, as if the hallway lock was good enough in their mind or something, and...

"-Anyways, people were asking for you at the celebration Adala, you should really go with me one of these years!"

...There's her voice.

Fujimoto Chiyoko.

Rothschild's Number One Mystery (with Rossweisse being a pretty decisive Number two)

A woman of strange origin, in the sense that it's difficult to tell exactly what she is... She is someone that gives off the casual aura of both a Human and a Goddess in a manner that some might call reminiscent of Adala herself, and who possesses a strange disposition towards magic that most would call impossible, namely...

She has some connection to "time."

You have no proof of this, no one on the ship seems to have proof of this, and yet it is a decisive rumor all the same; not only that...

She doesn't seem to use a COMP at all either...

In other words, a clearly supernatural entity, in one form or another...

Regardless of that, her voice is as casually friendly as always, and on the other end of the conversation, just as expected...

"Maybe after I retire... Unlike you, I have a bit too much work piling up on me to go running off to Japan whenever I might like to visit..."

Is Adala...

Who seems vaguely amused at the conversation they're having...

"Huh? Are you calling me lazy? I completed my assignment first, then I went to the reunion."

More unexpectedly...

The two of them seem to be alone on the bridge for some reason...

...Is this another opportunity?
    Last edited by Airen; August 24th, 2020 at 07:38 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai