Page 122 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2272112117120121122123124127132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2833

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

A new voice instantly draws the attention of the ESPer. One that had gone unnoticed not just by him, but by his conversational companion as well from the look of surprise in her eyes.

Yet another stranger appears from the house. Most likely meaning another unfortunate soul and sure enough... those golden eyes alone tell a tale.

Wary eyes regard her.

"...Only when people are being unreasonably suspicious. Unfortunately there's no shortage of such people, and their secrets pertaining to this whole mess."

An honest answer, in a sense. Reading another's mind directly had certainly become a more and more prevalent habit of his, but given that it's paired with the number of secretive folk popping up it's understandable, if regrettable.

Still, no need to mention he's gotten lectured by a NWAB agent about this troubling habit is there?

Almost instinctively he had placed himself between this stranger and the 'church's hidden ace' their path. A choice he regrets as soon as he notices doing it, as now he can't quite tell what her expression is, or the actions she is planning on taking. Still, she doesn't seem to intend to do him any harm, whereas the Shadow may not be so kind.

That empty smile certainly betrays nothing good.

"And you are? I'll take it you're of the Church as well, but I really would have preferred names... if only to be sure neither of you are involved with the house."

If she's aware of the 'hidden ace' of the Church, chances are high she belongs to the church as well. Given what has to be something akin to assassin training however, it certainly seems to clash with the proper typical church personnel. A Tamer then, or perhaps an Executioner of sorts?

The words of Theresia echoing in his mind still, Ludwig keeps his eyes focused on the Shadow. His ears however are trying to puzzle together what the other girl behind him will do. Undoubtedly if her goal was to take the key away, then it's reasonable to guess that this girl is the reason why.

Which leaves only one question. One that the other girl could not allow herself to answer.

"And this door. Which one is it, where does it lead?"

A bad feeling begins to form in Ludwig's gut. He glances at Lara for but a brief moment.

'This could get ugly, be ready.' That is what his eyes say.

But surely there's no need for that just yet...

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"...Catherine."

The girl says with that same, strange smile.

"Other me would say Catherine Thornely, the old witch would say "Catherine de Torquemada," cuz her taste in names was terrible~! The truth? Who can say!"

She laughs, a sort of intense manic energy lying just beneath that stoic tone of voice. Of course such things are relatively common with shadows, in a sense, they can be thought of as exaggerated emotions... They are the part of one's personality that is suppressed as unacceptable: whether because it's personally repellent, because it's detrimental to their role in society, or because it's a part of themselves that simply runs counter to societal rules... But the act of suppression makes that part wish to rebel, refusing to face it ultimately makes it stronger, like air pressure in a sealed bottle threatening to blow off the top, so...

This one is a being of impulse, unlike people, it'll just do whatever it feels like doing without regard for the consequences.

This behavior would change if it was confronted with 'herself,' of course, it would focus all effort on tormenting it's 'real self,' but that person doesn't seem to be here, so...

Dangerous.

Definitely dangerous.

Like you, a being with high affinity for battlefields like this...

"De Torquemada? Inquisitor...?"

Mutters Lara, who looks...

A bit more solid now than before? Like other people being here observing her was... Doing something to her...

Still-!

"That would be Saria Justus~"

Catherine's shadow nods to the girl behind you, who still seems to be there judging by how the shadow is keeping her gaze fixed in your general direction...

"Church's hidden ace, secret goddess ancestry she thinks only Alyx and the heads know about," the shadow winks, "Sorry Sari! I'm really good at figuring those things out! Blame the old witch! Other me kept her mouth shut though, figured it would be awkward to bring up."

"...Cat-"

Starts Saria, an obvious sadness in her voice, but-

"As for the door, it's where the skull-mask wearing bitch went to," the shadow snorts, hands on her hips, although alarmingly (considering you had been staring at her this whole time) she seems to have picked up a hunting knife at some point in this conversation, "Real ominous looking door, life experience says it's the torture room, places like this normally have em~"

She winks again.

"On that note gotta say this place makes me real nostalgic, reminds me of granny's shack, same energy of latent despair, childhood frustration, it's almost like being back home~!"

---Suddenly, something strange happens in the world around you.

---Lines.

From the shadow's position, crimson lines run out and around her like some sort of magical pulse, xoating everything (including yourself and the others) in the appearance of... Cracks?

They were spread almost randomly, and they don't seem to hurt at all, but...

Everyone and everything was covered in them, and more disconcertingly...

You hadn't felt any Reiki being used here at all and no one else was reacting strangely to it either... It was almost like...

You were seeing something you weren't supposed to be able to see...

Something the shadow didn't think you'd be able to notice.

"So what's your name? I mean, judging by all the doors I've kicked in you're some Karlfeldt right? Should've figured your family had something to do with all this nonsense."

----}i{----

Eva Ellet
    Saint Vivienne ~ Strange Manor
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

---You run.

Out of the room and into the halls, motivated by a newfound implication that Catherine was not only in danger of attacking someone, but actually seemed to be in the process of doing so right now, you push your systems to their limit with the intention of reigning her back in before she does something her other, more stable self would regret, but...

"..."

...At the top of the stairs, you're forced to stop.

There's someone standing there, at the halfway point, the landing between the two sets of stairs...

A familiar silhouette, draped in shadows, long blue hair that was just like yours hanging from a head that itself was hanging down lifelessly, like a puppet whose head string was broken...

Yes.

---It was the mannequin thing from before, the bizarre, insulting entity that seemed to be someone's sick idea of what you as a 'puppet' would look like...

Limbs that are far too long but hang lifelessly around the body, incessant giggling, and...

Thick, oily shadows hanging all around you.

It's face is hidden by it's hair this time, but that hidden face looks up at you, giggles again, and...

Starts up the stairs towards you.

Seems like it had managed to slip by Catherine after all...

----}i{----

Daisuke
    Brewed Awakenings, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"..."

Shuichi frowns at you for a moment.

Had he seen through your attempt at obfuscating the truth? You were a pretty decent liar when you needed to be after all, those with a more machine-esque origin had a much easier time hiding human signs of lying, but Shuichi was the sort of individual that seemed like he just might be able to do it anyway...

Or so is the aura of an ace, but...

"I see."

In the end, he just lets it go with that much... Although whether or not its because you successfully held the truth from him, or he simply decided to go along with your lie is unclear...

"Well a fae's perspective on this could certainly be useful, the problem is getting them to talk, but..."

The frown deepens.

"If they bother to consistently pester you, they must like you. Fae typically don't remember individuals if they have no personal value to them."

He nods, then turns to Vincent and the shrine maiden...

"Guess we have to take this one, bizarre rain or not. Can I ask you two to watch Lexie for me?"

Complete trust.

Both of them affirm this with a nod, and Shuichi nods back before...

"...I'd go alone if I could, but if the one he likes is you, your presence might be necessary."

Aiming this apology your way.

"...I can't guarantee being able to drag a powerful fae back here either."

Powerful?

That guy?

Stronger than the normal town fae sure, but it wasn't like he was a Titania or a Morgan Le Fay, still...

Shuichi seems to think otherwise... For some reason.
    Last edited by Airen; October 31st, 2022 at 07:56 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"Ludwig Karlfeldt. Inheritor to their dream, if only by virtue of being the only one left, though that doesn't mean much anymore."

The ESPer introduces himself, uncertain of what his role would be now that LUCID and Lara never lost their lives. Given the hostility the Shadow is showing it'd certainly be better not to appear a lot less involved, but such things can't be helped. She must have gone through her own ordeals and 'experiments' that the Karlfeldt kids went through given her words.

And she is spot on, the latent despair is nigh palpable for him too, so this girl certainly seems to be quite familiar with such matters.

Poor thing.

"You're quite right, that does sound like the torture chamber of this place... As you can guess, I'm well acquainted with it. Makes sense LUCID is holed up there, I suppose."

The Inheritor looks at the lines emanating from the Catherine, casting everyone else in red cracks. It's no spell, it's too subtle for that so, a cognitive effect? A manifestation of her thoughts, perhaps?

Lydia, can you analyze these lines?

...Lud, I can't see any lines. And judging from everyone else's reactions, or lack thereof, neither do they.

Great....

However this Saria, I'm certain now, she's a Child of the Yamuna Project. Adala and Chiyoko were talking about it before, seems the Commander and the Imperator agree on their protection, which is bizarre by itself.

Yamuna Project...? Explain it later, sounds like you've been snooping.

Teehee~

"Saria." Ludwig addresses the girl behind him, still keeping his eyes focused fully on Torquemada. "Go. I have no desire to see friends fight."

Based on context, these two were well acquainted, but more importantly she was protecting LUCID in some way. At present, that's enough to take her side in things. She remains suspicious of course, --what reason does she have to shield an Alchera-- but she's proven surprisingly helpful.

Certainly couldn't hurt to help her out now, before this witch hunt draws its conclusion.

Separating those two now would perhaps be the most helpful. Not only does it reduce the risk of harm befalling the blue-haired church maiden, it also offers some additional insight in whatever dynamic is between Catherine and Saria. The actions of Saria, whether it's actually running away, or joining what seemed like a brewing fight on one side or another, would be rather telling. If she runs off she has a better chance of taking the key and protecting LUCID -if that is indeed her goal- yet... she doesn't seem the type to abandon a friend.

Luckily, while she may not be a very reliable ally in this instance, there was one right beside Ludwig.

Lara, I'm not sure what's caused it, but strange crimson lines have started eminating from Catherine. It doesn't appear to be a spell given the lack of Reiki... be on your guard.

His sister, who should have no issue in accepting her little brother's telepathic communication. The pair has done it so often in the past it has become second nature to them, and so even for this Torquemada it'd be difficult to realize any communication has transpired, even with her awareness that Ludwig is a mind reader.

"Sorry Catherine, you have my sympathies given what your youth must have been like... but I won't overlook your conduct. This family is crooked, beyond a doubt, but I won't have some stranger threaten my little sister, no matter how twisted she's gotten."

And boy, had LUCID turned into something twisted to the core.

"Tell me what you intend to do with the skull-masked girl... I may yet open the door if the reasoning is sound."

Saying thus, Ludwig's mind imagines a towering wall of ice and snow behind him, cutting off the two church girls. The crimson lines remain an issue, but if his mind is still the dominant one when it comes to shaping the environment things he and Lara should be able to restrain the Shadow.

Though really, he'd prefer if she didn't erupt into some battle frenzy... though his own behavior certainly isn't helping there.

Perhaps such is the price for inheriting a bloodline duty.

Spoiler:
    Ice wall illusion(?) SP cost: 30
    Last edited by Zurvan; November 8th, 2022 at 04:39 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Brewed Awakenings, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"Ah, um..."

There is a moment of hesitation as Daisuke looks back and forth between everyone. His gaze lingers on Lexie, left here in a tough spot. He really doesn't want to leave her. It is a realization that almost unnerves the COMP, sending a few sub-processes in his CPU spinning pointlessly with worry; this is the first time he has has ever felt so strongly about anyone besides his buddy, after all.

In the end, though, Shuichi is an ace. He trusts the people in Brewed Awakenings, and that means Daisuke trusts them too. Even if it's a course of action he himself dislikes, even if he's worried his damaged body will make him a burden, he will not disobey.

"Yes, Nii-san. I'm with you. We'll catch him and make him talk. Don't worry; he's not that big a deal!"

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Rooftops, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"I'd like to think that, but I can't help but have this feeling that we've stumbled into something particularly troublesome..."

Those had been Shuichi's honest words as the two of you departed from the cafe, stepping out into a storm that seems to have somehow doubled in intensity in the brief amount of time you had spent inside of a much warmer place. Of course such feelings are likely the exaggeration of the mind, the contrast between warmth and cold making both feel far more extreme to the touch, but the shadows that have taken over Brick Lane as you return to it are ones that easily hide not only the battle that had taken place before, but...

Also you and Shuichi too, to the point where you almost lose him a few times in the downpour, that same unconscious knack the young man has for erasing his presence making him an almost assassin-like figure in the dark, one noticeable only because he is actively trying to keep you in the same area as him...

"..."

Seems he feels bad about pulling you back into the darkness.

Still, the Pendragon residence could only refer to two different places; there was the Soba Shop -Gen- which existed just on the edge of Brick Lane, or their home in the residential district, both of which were known to be areas of high supernatural activity, something that the higher ups never seemed particularly bothered about, instead citing it as just the sort of luck that family has...

Of course, it feels like you'd have noticed if someone else had been wandering around out here during the battle, so it seems like going for the family home would be the smarter of the two options, and yet, as the shadows of the damaged streets fall to darkness behind you, as you get closer and closer to Aoyama proper, to the Soba Shop that has always straddled the line between the two...

"...I see two people. One fae, one that seems to be human. Follow me."

Shuichi's voice suddenly comes from the darkness, and his figure bounces up the side of a nearby fire escape with a silence that didn't require the rain to cover up; your own ascent isn't quite as graceful of course, but even with damage to your systems, a climb to the top of a building isn't anything too strenuous for a Tamer, and motioning for you to stay quiet as you join him up top...

"Recognize either one?"

He gestures over the edge, and peering over it...

Two people, as well as snippets of a conversation, become perceptible to you...

"So what now?"

The voice of the tall, green-haired woman from down below, as well as her appearance, bear a somewhat uncanny resemblance to Chris...

"Looks like it can't be ignored anymore right? Gonna take the fight to em?"

Meaning it's identity is rather obvious...

As always it's smiling, but the woman next to her -who is standing next to an inactive police car-

"...No other options. Should've done it a long time ago really, back when Med ran off to try and solve it by himself."

Doesn't bring any thoughts to mind...

She sounds a bit annoyed though, although this is perhaps understandable, considering the person she was talking to?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????

…It probably said nothing good that uncontrolled flight was starting to feel familiar.

…And also kinda fun! The flow of air and mana around him bouncing off his defense rakukaja spell added a dizzying feel of freedom and possibility as he buzzed through the air. He was moving quick enough he actually had to shape some of the purple flickering spell work into an angular point to reduce wind resistance.

He also tried rotating to see if he could confirm or deny any suspicions of a defensive target between the combat zones, but either through distance or waves of energy, he found himself unable to gain any new information.

Of course, somewhere between the glory of (kinda) flight and distracting his thoughts with nebulous tactics, in the back of his mind was the thought that…

You do realize how thoroughly screwed we are right?

The through crossed my mind, but I’m sure you will tell me anyway.

I don’t feel like wasting my time gumshoe. Look I know you love that girl and all but have you ever asked yourself what you would and would not be willing to sacrifice for her?

It’s funny? Actually I did indeed, once.

What did you come up with?

You’ll see.

Their discussion was distracted when the pair, nearly as one, turned their mental “eyes” and senses on a strange new feeling in the ethereal currents.

Raz wasn’t…completely unfamiliar with mana as a premise, he had even been thinking about it briefly earlier, since there was now some evidence that his stage was somehow able to convert it to useable reiki. That at least was one possibility for how it had been able to rework its regerative magics. Whether or not it had always been able to do this or it was an advantage offered by its recent upgrades, Raz didn’t know, even ignoring the possibility that there was a simpler solution for the situation, such as it had been able to make use of ambient reiki pulled in from the outside, even though this dead world had less of it.

However, has he controlled his descent into a skidding stop on the sides of his feet somewhat reminiscent of a surfer riding a wave, he was confronted with a dramatically larger source then he could ever recall being active.

Dark luscious locks. An immaculate military outfit that gave the air of careless competence and charisma, though Raz well knew the look of someone who actually had gone through a great deal of effort to get the appearance right, either through vanity or military bearing. Might have even been attractive if he wasn’t kind of bulky.

Also the asshat was presumably attacking Raz’s squire so had a beat down coming.

Ping Erika, get a SITREP. …Make sure Lucid knows this is one of those situations where one word answers are not appropriate.

Roger that.

“Now I don’t know if we have been introduced!” Raz said with a charming, if slightly toothy smile. “My name is Raz, this here is my COMP, and this sword is going to be lodged in your stomach in just a moment, so I hope you get along!”

Absent the stage’s projective abilities, the DTG eschewed his usual tip of the fedora. He needed his processing power elsewhere.

...The point of such, quickly became apparent as a rather, for Raz, soothing method began to resonate. Erika, heart of my heart, and Matador, valiant and true. I don't know what has befallen you, but never fear, I am here, and I'll be your shield...

At that, the swell of purple magics shimmering around raz twisted and were joined by a sharp green color, which briefly swirled around each other in a nebulous interplay of fairy magic before flying outward and towards his wayward allies. Enhancements to agility and endurance were the quickest way Raz had to refocus allies being pushed back.

Plus a cute guy Raz used to date said it was that mix which was the most invigorating. Sometimes a boost to morale counted for as much as actual statistical increases in ability!

Now, there was a significant problem. Very significant. As powerful as Raz was, his spell rotations that allowed him to both be a first rate support mate as well as a better then third rate attacking unit were carefully managed. They required synergy to function. And the most key component to that synergy was the Shine in the Moment Harmonix.

That was broadcast by the Hermčs’ Stage.

That he had just sent flying miles in the opposite direction.

Of course there was a reason for this. Combining armor and agility on top of some useful support magics, it offered Ada both protection and versatile options, protected her when Raz could not. But in so doing, Raz’s ability to do his primary job was crippled.

He had accounted for this a bit, by casting rakukaja in flight. He now added sukukaja. With the song of battle and his first encore utilized, he could now safely vent heat and start a new rotation, but his magic would now have to be absolutely precisely managed. He wouldn't be able to cheat like that again. Further, his two must useful Harmonix B required the stage to function. Raz was now reduced to using the third, which was highly situational.

The worst part? Even maintaining the Song of Battle continually would be impossible. Sweet Erika would be crushed, surely.

Surely.

Probably?

Raz grinned. Over the last several encounters he had been forced away from his primary role. Now he would shake the dust off with a handicap to boot, this was gonna be fun!

Heat usage

beginning heat: 8
    Song of battle 3
    Encore 2
    Sukukaja 2

Turn 2, vented!
    10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Eva had to pause.

The mannequin was a scary entity. The last time they had fought in the wilds, it displayed a plethora of strange abilities that all seemed very well targeted against Eva, it’s behavior and appearance was completely unnerving, and she had no idea what it was really after. As shadow Catherine had said, it was like a nightmare.

None of those facts had changed since the last time she had encountered it. In fact, she felt even less certain she could defeat it then she was before, now that she had a better idea of what it was.

Even so, what ran through Eva’s mind right now was neither feelings of fear or despair. Instead, it was simply-

-I don’t have time for this.

Fighting was probably futile, which meant she would have to avoid the mannequin. But she didn’t have time to take a long detour right now. If she wanted to satisfy both of those conditions, then there was only one option.

Force the puppet out of the way.

Having made up her mind, Eva readied herself for combat.

Preparing Flash Truth for the dash was to come, she fired a blast of Marabufula down the stairs directly at the puppet.

Eva was fairly certain she would not win a fight. But her goal was not to defeat this puppet in combat- as long as her attacks were effective enough that the puppet was momentarily distracted, or had to dodge out of the way, then it was enough-

- She’d use whatever window of opportunity appeared, and try to run past.

Wise up!

Name: Eva Ellet
    Comp Heat: 6/10 (Used Flash Truth, Marabufula)
    When Eva is in combat mode (ready to fight seriously and hasn't been caught off guard) she gains the passive stat benefits of all three COMP types, in essence, when fighting, her base stats are effectively:

Strength: A
    Vitality: A
    Agility: B + 1
    Sense: C
    Resistance: C

Auto Skills
    - Judgement
    - Absolution

Spells:
    Auto da fe
    Spirit Chain
    Agi/Agilao/Agidyne
    Bufula/Mabufula/Marabufula
    Aura Shield
    Flash Truth (Used)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Rooftops, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"That Chris lookalike definitely him, but... ugh, it has to be one of his pranks. If he thinks I'll hesitate just because he's impersonating my buddy, he has another thing coming. And why are they talking outside in the rain!? At least find an overhang or something!"

There is, certainly, only one being that can make Daisuke act like a petulant child instead of a dutiful one, and he is standing right there, wearing his partner's face. It's almost enough to make the COMP's wires fray from fury. After all their interactions, anger and suspicion have become his default feelings towards that guy, ones he only reluctantly suppresses while on the job. You could call it being close-minded, but when the target is usually up to no good, Daisuke prefers to think of it as having wised up.

"It's bait," Daisuke grumbles, leaning on the edge of the railing, looking at Shuichi. It does not even take him a second to reach that conclusion; he knows this particular prankster too well. "That lady there, she a local? One of the Pendragons or a police officer? If she's wandering around out here alone without being scared, she's probably strong either way. He's talking to her all out in the open so there's more chance of something interrupting. Maybe even us. I don't know why she'd need to see him, but he's probably the one bugging her. I bet he's hoping we'll jump in and demand explanations and say something like 'You want to solve this? Well you're not doing it by yourself. The SDCD never lets anyone fight alone!' Or something like that."

He leans against the side of the railing, staring down at the two. Surely she doesn't have a partner in wait, does she? If she's definitely alone, then... his CPU groans internally at the realization that Puck's theoretical plan is already working.

"What do you think, Nii-san? I think we should take the bait before something else nasty shows up. It's not safe out here, clearly. Maybe her past enemy is gonna show up next. Ooh, or I could blast him? Then we could get answers while he's stored as data!"

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Flight Deck
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

For once, it all goes according to plan. The enemy is subdued. The SLEIPNIR is beneath him. The world returns to normal, and his enemy bleeds. For once, Logan Starbright has the decisive upper hand.

That’s why it doesn’t matter that the clown continues to cackle. Whatever quirks the dream demon’s fractured existence holds can be determined after data capture. That’s why it doesn’t matter what sort of spell the clown tries to cast. He’ll use Eye of the Fates to react accordingly, stagger his offense, and tighten his grip. That’s why-

"...Do you wish to see my face, boy?"
    The steady crash of the lake into its own depths, the heavy thud of the SLEIPNIR beaching once more resounding in his stomach, the crazed cackling of the captured clown, the pungent stench of blood whipped up by the violent howls of his own wind: all of it fades into the background.

“The one person that could have tampered with the memory systems would be a member of the X-Cross, someone stabbed everyone else in the back, and I'm not sure who they are… Is it just one? If not, how many are there? What sort of people are they? Were they my friend once?”

Logan grits his teeth.

You said it yourself, didn’t you? That thing is incapable of creating anything of value. Actions, words: everything about it is meaningless. Grasp its identity on your own terms on your own time. Not that it matters. It’s an enemy that’s messing with reality. It made Rice suffer. It delights in misery. Its existence reeks of malice.

Spirit power surges within Logan, coiling a grip that squashes steel and molding winds that lash and roil.

That’s why you make it pay, here and now!

Spoiler:
    Spells Selected: Garu line, Phantasm Step, Tarukaja, Eye of the Fates, ???, ???
    Spells Used: Eye of the Fates, Tarukaja, Garu, Garula
    Auto Skill: Revitalize
    Heat: 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

"Okay~ Eyes or no eyes, I'm a master photographer~"

A youthful energetic voice, from a woman that doesn't seem to have much intention of breaking this familial shoulder hug she has you in... Had she sensed the flicker in your emotions? Being naturally blind, all of Alisa's other senses had always seemed amped in comparison to a normal person... It's a common enough story, it's said that all those who lose one of their senses have the others -including the sixth- enhanced as compensation, but being a Tamer, it seems that such a thing is more true for her than most, almost exaggeratedly so, in that over-the-top way that most things seem to be for Tamers, still...

"And don't worry so much, like I said," she ruffles your hair a bit, brilliant smile adorning her pleasant face, "I've got plenty of time~"

She nods.

"Your mother and I met on a job, you know?"

She starts up suddenly, as the two of you begin your slow descent towards the others.

And now that you think about it... You actually didn't know that. As far as you could remember Aunt Alisa had just always sort of been around, more or less attached with Mary at the hip, the best friend that moves into the house and helps take care of the kids, a friendship so close that -for a certain A.I- rumors of it having more of a romantic-leaning nature appear online from time to time, but...

How the two of them had met?

Strangely, no one had talked about it up till now... It didn't feel like it was something anyone had tried to hide, so much as it had never really been relevant to the situations at hand?

"Don't underestimate it. Lifelong friendships can start from things as simple as work... Even if that was no one's intention at the start." She chuckles. "Can't say it was mine back in the day either. I wasn't too big on the whole friendship thing in my teenage years..."

Teenage years...?

Actually...

How old was Alisa anyway...?

Lots of dangerous questions come to mind...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Alisa
    "Your mother and I met on a job, you know? Don't underestimate it. Lifelong friendships can start from things as simple as work... Even if that was no one's intention at the start." She chuckles. "Can't say it was mine back in the day either. I wasn't too big on the whole friendship thing in my teenage years..."
    Cosmos' pace slowed down even further as she listened to what Alisa said.

Why did her aunt bring this up now, when such topics had never come up in all the years they've lived together?

Is she... trying to teach her something?

Regardless, like a moth drawn to a flame, Cosmos braved herself to ask the red-haired woman a certain question that's nagging in the back of her mind.

"My mother... What was she like back then?"

She knew that the answer was probably "not like the mother she knows." If what she saw in Moon Under Water was of any indication, then Cosmos could hazard a guess that Mary in her earlier years was probably far from the woman that she knows and looks up to; she knows this, she knows that her mother isn't perfect by any means...

But despite how illogical it is, she's scared.

Because even if her mind knew, her heart had yet to truly accept that fact.

But she has to know, has to listen to the truth. Because nobody is perfect, and rather than loving an image of what she thought her mother is like, Cosmos wants to love Mary from the bottom of her heart for who she really is... and for that, she needs to know her mother better.

--She could feel her heart beating faster in anticipation of Alisa's reply.

Could her aunt feel it too, she wondered?
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

"...Hm."

A small sound of contemplation, the mind of the red-haired woman delving deep into the past for the answers to your questions. If Alisa could feel your pulse speed up through the skin-to-skin contact she doesn't say anything about it, her unseeing eyes simply close for a time in thought, like a habit born of old years when the world was still something she could visually perceive...

"Well, I guess that would depend on who you ask..."

Finally, she answers with this, her footsteps coming to a stop as she turns her head to regard you.

"I'd say she was... Strong-willed and confident. She was very curious about the World and wanted to explore it, but she also had an overwhelmingly strong personal sense of what was right and what was wrong... And was very vocal about it. Some people might describe such a person as stubborn and arrogant I suppose," She chuckles, "I certainly did at first. For a woman made of glass, she certainly wasn't afraid of letting other people know exactly what she thought about them if they made her angry. It was hard to get her angry, but if you did, well..." She shakes her head softly, nostalgic smile crossing her face, "She had quite the mean side hidden away... Or maybe mean is the wrong word? Blunt?"

She turns her face ahead, looking into nothing... Or perhaps just the depths of her own thoughts.

"...She was still a very caring person though, loyal, loved people, believed in second and third chances... Wanted to heal those in pain, spent a lot of her free time doing exactly that."

Another chuckle.

"In that sense... I suppose she actually isn't all that different now. She's a bit more socially graceful, has a better sense for how the World works, but that strong will of hers is still in there... Mean streak probably is too, if you somehow managed to dig down deep enough for it."

"Isaac used to call it her Old Testament mode. He stopped when she chewed him out. I didn't think it was quite that extreme myself."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

Stopping along with Alisa, Cosmos listened intently to what her aunt had to say with an anxious heart. Scared that what she's about to hear would shatter the image that she had about Mary, that her love for her would decrease or, God forbid, disappear.

Of course, she now knew that no person could ever actually live up to that ideal image in her mind, but still...

She prayed that her mother would remain the closest person to that ideal, and if not, for her to be able to love her all the same.

So she listened with bated breath, noting every detail of what Alisa said as her heart felt like it could burst out at any moment.

Strong-willed.

Confident.

Stubborn and arrogant.

A hidden mean or blunt side.

But also caring, loyal, believed in second and third chances, and wanted to heal those in pain...

And now, seemingly a bit more socially graceful and had a better sense of how the world works, while still remaining the same person underneath.

With that, Cosmos lets out a breath she doesn't realize she's holding as her anxiety bled away; hearing that her mother is still the same person in all these years had given her an immense sense of relief. Indeed, she was so relieved that she choked back a laughter when she heard how Isaac used to call her mother's mean side Old Testament mode - and how her mother had apparently chewed him out for it - as the memory of her mother raising her voice as she defended her against Chokmah was still fresh in her mind.

In hindsight her worry seems like an unnecessary one, but Cosmos felt herself tearing up all the same.

Because the Mary that she looked up to and spent time with wasn't a lie, because she wanted to hug her mother and tell her how much she loves her, and perhaps because she's not nearly as blind as she believed she had been regarding Mary's character.

"I... I see. So mother isn't all that different from how she had been in the past..." She finally said, her posture relaxing as she blinked her tears away. "I'm glad to hear that. Thank you, auntie."

She sniffed, giving Alisa a genuine smile before she hugged the red-haired woman to show her relief and gratitude. It was brief as far as hugs goes, but Cosmos felt that it conveyed what she felt for her aunt better than words.

Releasing the hug, she then slowly resumed to lead her aunt to her table, her steps light now that it felt like a weight had been lifted off her chest.

'Like mother, like daughter.'

'Illia?'

'A strong personal sense of what's right and wrong, to the point of being stubborn and arrogant... Sounds like you, no? The only difference between you and Mary seems to be in how vocal you are about it.'

Cosmos furrowed her brows. 'I couldn't see how mother could be considered arrogant for saying the right thing... and I'm not arrogant, aren't I?'

Illia hums in response.

'You avoided people either because they don't fit your standards, or if they seemingly could, because they might be a zealot. A standard which not even Mary could live up to, to the point that you felt betrayed over it. And you held on to that for nearly a decade. Is that not stubbornness and arrogance?'

Cosmos couldn't say anything to that.

'But you don't need to feel bad about it, Cosmos. At the very least, you judged yourself to the same standard that you set for everyone else... and I share the blame for not doing anything about it.'

'I suppose...' She mentally sighed. "Illia?'

'Yes?'

'Do you think I should go to therapy after everything's over?'

Her COMP snorted. 'Probably, yes. Along with a long talk with Mary, and a confession from me.'

She furrowed her brows. 'A confession? About what?'

'Not now, Cosmos. Not now.'

She mentally sighed for the second time before turning her attention to her other self.

'How about you, Ciel? Do you need therapy too?'

...They're close to the table where Daniel and Sofia sit now.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????

"..."

While the giant of a man doesn't say anything in response to your words, his aura shifts in a way that makes his feelings on this matter rather clear.

Hostility.

A pure malice, absolute intent to do harm, an existence that grabs at the primal part of the brains of others and declares that they are horribly, terribly dangerous, that is the feeling that washes over you as you step into the battle proper, sending support magics over the hill to where your companions are apparently struggling against this monster-in-the-shape-of-a-human-being.

Yes.

He's definitely not your type of guy, but you're having a hard time looking away from him anyway. It's like your brain itself is telling you it would be a horrible idea, no, not only that...

Cain.

His name... Is Cain...?

For some reason, that name comes to you naturally, from somewhere deep inside of your being, like a lost memory being jarred loose, or...

Something else?

Was it a thought being actively planted in your mind?

My name is Cain, I'm dangerous.

Regardless, considering you can't see anything around that your allies might be protecting here other than themselves, it seems that this person's goal was simply to wipe out everyone here, that was the objective, for some reason he wanted all of you dead and gone. It was his overall goal. People are lazy beings by nature, without some sort of motivation they won't do anything, it's the same principal for crimes, everything that happens in this world happens for a reason, a crime is done because the criminal gets something out of it, so...

What this person seems to want, is all of your deaths.

The aura around him makes that deadly clear, blue flames engulfing clenched fists as he turns his body as if to better keep an eye on both sides, and...

Even as your magics go over the hill, one comes back in return, an icy blue rather than your vivid greens and purples; it slams into you with desperate force, armor of ice growing over your body as a result of one of Erika's signature spells, one she had based off of the ability of a deceased knight, designed to grant total immunity to her favorite element: ice, but...

"His attacks 'end' anything they hit, don't let him touch your body, it's concept magic. The armor is a stopgap measure. Gives you a second to get away."

...A certain A.I that normally loves being strong and silent is instead speaking to the DTG through wireless transmission in full sentences, even without being asked to do so, another sign that this situation may in fact be worse than you had initially thought it was, and...

You had thought it was pretty bad to start with!

Still, you had a better resistance to concepts than your average person, but...

Was that still true in a place like this?

This wasn't your home, right?

"No attacks seem to work either. I'm sure there's a catch, but I haven't been able to figure out what it is."

"Erika won't flee from him. Pride of a squire and all that, the skeleton is also just a skull at the moment. He's the one that figured out the concept magic."

Either way...

Even as Lucid explains the situation to you...

"I know who you are, Raz Stone."

The monster of a man starts his approach, walking towards you in a slow, steady manner.

"I'll make this one quick, rather not have to listen to you for any longer than I have to."

Judging by his body language...

He doesn't intend to avoid anything you might try to do to him.

An opponent comfortable in his apparent invincibility.

???

Name: Mysterious Man
    Affiliation: Thule Society (?)

Ability

-Black Bible-
    ???

Erika

Name: Erika Winters
    Affiliation: KoTR

Spells

-Weißteufel - White Devil-
    Crystalline armor crafted from ice, designed as a defensive form to protect the wearer from colder elements, although a certain degree of physical protection is also granted to the bearer. Changes the target's Ice/Water affinity to Null while active. When used by Erika on herself [???]

Last edited by Airen; December 5th, 2022 at 08:20 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Rooftops, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke
    "What do you think, Nii-san? I think we should take the bait before something else nasty shows up. It's not safe out here, clearly. Maybe her past enemy is gonna show up next. Ooh, or I could blast him? Then we could get answers while he's stored as data!"
    Shuichi snorts, the first bit of true levity he's shown since Lexie had been damaged in the earlier battle.

"Just blasting away is a bit tempting I suppose, try and skip the usual vague fae nonsense." He shakes his head, a tired smile on his face. "Think we'd be in a bit of trouble with the woman if we just did that though, we'd come across as hostile. Not the greatest opening position..."

It was true enough, Aoyama residents had a tendency to be defensive of their own, human or tamed demon, it didn't particularly matter in that regard... Which means...

Falling for that guy's obvious bait?

There was no way it wasn't bait after all, if there was one entity that knew how to properly pull the strings of people it would be the fae down below, still...

Letting that fae flawlessly pull your strings left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth-!

"I suppose our best option is to take the bait," Shuichi starts with a sigh, amused smile back to the usual stoic line, a spark of annoyance in his eyes as he gazes at the fae below. "It's our job after all, protecting civilians from the dangers of the night... Although I can't say such blatant string pulling is to my taste..."

He sighs aloud, a distaste for being manipulated so obviously by the fae below clear on his face now, and...

"Come on down already!"

...As if to accompany that distaste...

"I know you're up there boys~!"

The fae calls out to you from down below, voice dripping with musical mischief...

No shame.

"Spotted...?"

Shuichi grumbles...

---

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

---You make up your mind in an instant.

A spell of frost tears down the stairs of the estate, the ancient stone used in it's construction blasting apart in it's wake. The passing spell becomes a literal wave of ice in the confines of this corridor, one that flash freezes everything in it's path, a traveling wall of white frost that seems like it would allow no escape, one that easily douses the flames of lit candles, freezes over doorways and sends a stream of snowflakes scattering throughout the area...

There's the sound of an explosion as the mannequin kicks at the floor in front of it, sending debris up as a makeshift shield, hiding it's form from the oncoming wave and disappearing into the hollow abyss beneath the stairs. It's a casual retreat, one that allows the mannequin to disappear from your sight, to exist somewhere inside the structure of the building, likely as the opening steps to some form of more proper ambush from it's side, but...

You don't care about any of that, after all, this was never meant to be a straight-forward fight from your end of things. Following after the wall of white as it descending, you do a rapid turn down the stairs, activating flash truth the moment you have a clear shot back down to the first floor hallway. It's a dash that ignores everything your opponent had meant to do (the limbs exploding from beneath the floor miss your ankles) and one that throws you forward towards the lobby, where the windows no longer show the darkness of a full moon night, but instead the clear white of a snowstorm, another mark of this being a bizarre mental world where things don't have to make sense, and-

"...!"

-towards what seems like Catherine's back, the young woman standing just outside of the main door.

Talking to...

Someone?

---

Ludwig Karlfeldt & Eva Ellet
    Outside the Karlfeldt Estate
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"I'm gonna knock her head through a wall."

Answers the shadow bluntly as Saria disappears into the nearby woods, the manic smile on her face widening as she answers you.

"She did the same to me earlier tonight, see?" She points at her head, chuckling all the while. "I was minding my own business trying to figure out this dream nonsense and she decided to just assault me out of nowhere, smashed my face into a wall, so I'm gonna beat her ass."

She nods.

"Pretty sure she was bullying my junior too, so I'm really gonna beat her ass. Won't kill her though, so it's fine right? I'm totally justified in my desires, right?" She puts her hands on her waist, leaning forward a bit as she winks at you. "Not that I expect you to get it. Siblings are always real protective of each other, even when they shouldn't be... My family, right or wrong... Something silly like that?"

She's very talkative.

Of course that probably made sense, shadows don't often get to do much, considering their own nature...

It's probably enjoying just existing right now.

Still...

Lines?

Lara's thoughts answer your own, her eyes narrowing slightly as the shadow threatens LUCID.

Perhaps her inner world is starting to infect yours. Although lines... Perhaps they're not lines but cracks?

The frown deepens.

De Torquemada... That name has certain... Connotations to it... A broken sort of mind would only be natural from the family...

She glances at you.

Best not to let her touch any of the lines on you. I'll engage her up close if she attacks, just focus on supporting me.

Or so she says, taking the lead as the Lara from the past had always done, but...

Before anything can go any further...

---A blue haired girl comes running out of the mansion, and with her appearance comes the feeling of something malicious and crimson following slowly from behind her, like a serial killer chasing after a fleeing victim.

"Ah."

Shadow Catherine's manic smile stops at the girl's appearance, although she maintains a grip on her hunting knife.

"Eva. What's wrong?"

From overwhelmingly hostile to the two of you to sincerely concerned about the girl that had just appeared, like someone had flipped a light switch inside of her head...

And from Eva's perspective...

Catherine had been... Getting ready to fight two people with what seemed like a hunting knife?

One boy, one girl, the boy with silver hair and the girl with black hair, the woman having taken a step in front of the boy as if to defend him.

Considering the words of the maid, this was probably a misunderstanding of some sort, but...

Behind you...

You can still feel the mannequin, approaching you in that same, slow methodical way it always does...
    Last edited by Airen; December 12th, 2022 at 11:34 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

Ludwig's earlier assessment is met with surprise, as seemingly the Justus girl does make her escape. Did the ESPer read their perceived friendship wrongly, or did she believe her task so vital that it had priority? Whatever the case, her disappearance makes the situation simpler. With Catherine's chances of getting to LUCID plummeting as the key eludes her along with Saria, the skull-clad family member is that much more secure.

Reiki begins to build within the boy, as his instincts warning him for an upcoming battle were quickly becoming a reality. However, that possibility dwindles almost instantly, with the appearance of another soul within this mental landscape.

...A girl that resembles a certain someone too much to be coincidental.

Lud, be on your guard. That girl looks familiar, if you can, find out if she knows someone named Leah.

Understood.

Had this encounter too been within Burroughs' planning? Did the Shadow's broken mind mean to illustrate the importance and danger of complete obedience to family, with her split psyche and peculiarly similar origins functioning as a warning for what lies ahead should Ludwig make the wrong choices? Did the little princess orchestrate a meeting with both Saria and now this Eva, who both seem more entangled into a reality-swallowing play than any normal person would be? Or did her intentions merely serve to remind Ludwig of the connection he and his sister had, that was now rekindled as if it never left.

Or perhaps, the Administrator's goal had yet to play out even now?

After all, something wickedly malicious is chasing the blue haired girl.

For now however, better to wait and see just what exactly happens next with this newfound presence, and the actions of this Eva.

Moving back in front of Lara, Ludwig addresses the strangers.

"You may want to step back... something is coming. We can resolve this later, and no, I won't permit you to bully my... sister."

...Even if she most certainly had it coming!
    Last edited by Zurvan; December 13th, 2022 at 02:21 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Rooftops, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"Ugh... there's no way she's a civilian, but..."

The young COMP is clearly not looking forward to must be done, even though the way forward is clear as day.

He looks up at Shuichi. Perhaps the older Tamer will know how to handle someone as troublesome like this. The thought would be comforting if Daisuke could bring himself to believe it. Rather, he is beginning to think that Shuichi is weak against strong-willed women. Not that the guy down there will ever be a girl in Daisuke's eyes.

"We just need to focus on the mission... don't give him what he wants... don't rise up to his taunts, don't praise or criticize him, don't engage with anything, just keep it business... if he steps over the line, I have a last resort."

Repeating the advice that has never worked a single time to himself more than to his companion, Daisuke leaps over the edge of the building into an experience that promises to be more frustrating than all the evils of the world.

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

While the situation was not great by any means- the presence of the mannequin at her back reminded her as much, the sight before her was a relieving one. From the looks of it, Eva had arrived just in time. As the maid had warned her, Catherine was indeed about to attack someone.

"Ah. Eva. What's wrong?"
    If she were to take the maid’s words at face value about how Catherine was attacking the wrong person, then the answer to that question was Catherine, for jumping to hasty conclusions. But that was hardly an answer she could give in this situation, much less to her Shadow- and besides, she was sure if Catherine decided to attack someone, there had to be a good reason for it (although perhaps not the correct reason…).

“I heard you were in trouble, so I ran over.”

Not technically wrong. It just omitted the fact the source of the trouble was Catherine.

“I’d like to ask about the situation right now, but…”

"You may want to step back... something is coming. We can resolve this later, and no, I won't permit you to bully my... sister."

“…He’s right.”

Eva didn’t know who this person was- in fact, it was surprising to see someone else here, but as he said… there was a slightly bigger problem at hand.

“I ran into the doll on the way here. Perhaps this could wait until we’ve all gotten to safety? Besides, I got information on what to look for, so we don’t have to search aimlessly anymore.”

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Saint Vivienne ~ Clock Tower
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Night

“Something on my face, Asuka?”

Aster: You are so messed up.

Look, I can’t just—She’s distracted and I have to do something.

Aster: Just promise me you’ll resolve this when things are less dire.

...I know.

Ayra does her best to look confident, unafraid, but she knows some of the worry must be showing right now. Whether the headmaster picks up on it is none of her business, but it pains her to be so open in front of Asuka. There is an image she must maintain as a Knight, the thing she feels Asuka is in love with, and betraying those expectations feels like betraying her student. Or maybe just the image she expects Asuka to have.

Nevertheless, it’s not a pleasant thought.

“You don’t need to always be looking at me,” Ayra says, words segueing from idle, unfocused thoughts. Glimmers of authenticity from a manufactured face for a knight. “You’re spectacular, you know that? You’re brilliant on your own.”

Aster: I WISH I COULD FILTER YOUR STUPID MOUTH

“But really,” Ayra says after a pause, wondering if those words have actually sunk in, “you don’t have to be so worried about me. ‘The mind may be clouded, but the heart is clear.’ Or something along those lines.”

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

[...What the heck is therapy?]

It seems that Ciel is, in fact, missing a few modern-day human concepts.

Her answer merely a brief questioning note before she turns back into the hum of your mind, the static of your thoughts, your approach to the table is finally noticed by the two who were still sitting at it. They turn in unison to regard you, a set of what seem like playing cards of some sort scattered across the surface of the table in a way that made it seem like they had started up some sort of card game...

Poker?

Spite and Malice?

Old Maid?

It was difficult to tell at a glance, especially because it seemed like they were in the opening moments of the game, but-

"Lady Kingsleigh."

-in a move that's both gentlemanly (to Alisa) and perhaps a bit rude (to Sofia) the man stands from his chair without hesitation, pulling out the seat next to him and gesturing towards it with the smooth tone one might associate with a butler, or some other servant of the old-fashioned nobility class.

"Are you here to join us this fine morning?" He does a slight bow, again showing the mannerisms of a servant. "We'd be honored to have you with us for breakfast."

Doesn't miss a beat this guy.

Alisa giggles in response, unable to see the chair, but likely understanding the gesture from the sounds and context alone anyway.

"If you don't mind, Mr. Proctor." She sits down in the chair provided, hands coming together gently on the table. "I've heard quite a bit of talk about our visiting secret agent man, but didn't get the time to interview you myself. I've heard you're taking my niece on some sort of assignment today?"

Here, Daniel glances ever so slightly at you, as if to ask exactly what it was you told her, but...

"And who is this fashionable young woman?"

Alisa continues on with the cheerful inquiries, glancing at Sofia, who...

Seems to making a concentrated effort to straighten out her back? Look like a proper noble woman at the table?

With the laissez faire way the girl normally portrayed herself, seeing her make an effort to... Puff herself up like a bird is...

Quite strange.

Then again... Alisa wasn't the sort of person people typically just run into on the street either...

- - - Updated - - -

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig
    "..."

Catherine frowns at Ludwig, her golden eyes seeming to pierce right through the boy.

"It's not bullying, it's justice. Punishment. Child correction. Spankings."

She lists bluntly, words lacking the manic energy from before, but still being remarkably brazen in nature...

"Someone's gotta smack her upside the head a bit before being bad, you look like the kind of guy who'd just coddle her. That's no good."

Yep.

Zero shame about any of the words tumbling bluntly from her mouth, still...

"But... The doll...?"

She turns her attention back to Eva soon enough, or rather, past Eva and back into the house...

"I didn't see it... Where is it...?"

It's an odd question.

The mannequin in question is quite visible to Eva herself, it's walking down the hallway towards the entrance lobby now, hair disheveled in front of it's face, obviously mechanical joints creaking and popping with each step it takes, a bold, blunt path towards it's target that doesn't even bother to hide itself from anyone, yet...

"..."

Catherine's eyes don't focus on it.

No flash of acknowledgement enters the golden spheres and a questioning look is stuck on her face, so...

Is she... Not able to perceive it at all?

It's a question that enters not just Eva's mind, but Ludwig's, who unlike Catherine...

Can see... Something inside the darkness of the house...

A humanoid figure, but one that looks almost like it's entirely coated in static? Like how the television in the mansion's living room (a relic from the 80s of all things) has occasionally been covered in radio noise, something the maid had often called 'snow' before smacking it with a graceful, closed fist to make it start working again...

Truly the older mansion residents had lived in a different age altogether, still...

"But fine, fine, I'll postpone my interrogations. Don't trust psychics on principal, especially not when someone is going around linking people's thoughts together, but if you want to run somewhere Eva, we can run somewhere."

Of course the problem with that plan...

Is where exactly to run?

The mansion was surrounded by trees, coated in snow just like the ground...

The path the two girls had taken to get here from the school no longer seemed to exist, and there were no other obvious buildings around other than the mansion itself, at least not to their eyes, so it seemed the only real option to flee would be into the darkness of the winter woods, but...

To Ludwig...

There was in fact a guesthouse out in those same woods.

Of course this being a dream of some sort meant that how things operated in reality might not mean all that much inside of here, but...
    Last edited by Airen; December 19th, 2022 at 10:54 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai