Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"...I'm fine."

Clearly a lie, but one spoken with only the slightest hint of hesitation in her voice.

"Unfortunate soul or not... I always survive."

She chuckles, the sudden darkness in her tone so clear that you wouldn't have needed your ESP to identify it.

"Besides, you should be more worried about yourself than me. Don't think that you're completely safe just because this is a reflection of your mindscape, the situation isn't a normal one, " hands returning to her pockets (and notably pushing the key deeper into them as she does) the woman's voice shifts from dark reflection to simple lecturing at you, like an older student talking to a younger one, "Everything is closer together than it used to be, people and monsters of all sorts are beginning to dream walk because of Adam Kadmon's call regardless of their psychic potential... And not all of them are as friendly as me."

Her eyes sharpen as they regard you.

"You can be killed inside of your own head, never think for a second that you can't."

This warning seems serious, of course, it also fits the pattern of people who clearly know more than you being infuriatingly vague about those things, but...

"If you keep finding yourself back in this place against your will... It'd probably be for the best to barricade yourself inside the house."

Even as the annoyance starts to hit you...

"Not a perfect defense, but it should keep the worst of the outsiders out."

She casually starts to walk away, in an obvious attempt to just leave things at that...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

---Too much.

Just as certain high-pitched frequencies had a bad habit of sending horrific shivers down your spine in an instinctive visceral reaction, so too does a mouthful of soap overload those senses that exist beyond normal human limits. The taste of soap is already naturally unpleasant of course, it's numbing even for a human, the sort of thing that instinctively makes them want to gag, spit it out somewhere, anywhere, but...

The choking and the gagging impulse just lead to a stream of bubbles coming out of your nose in a stream that would have had children applauding, like a trick done by some sort of street entertainer, tiny sparks of white flame inhabiting each and every one of them and creating a field of orbs, gradient lanterns that glow with a mystical light for but a few moments before ceasing to be in a chorus of tiny pops. Really, it's actually quite the impressive sight to see, perhaps a bit embarrassing considering the nature of the current situation, but Yuriko doesn't seem to be paying too much mind to it, no...

She's listening to a dial tone, dial tone of a call waiting to connect on the other side.

"...Huh, no answer."

She says after a few moments, moments that you spend in recovery, even though it's far too late.

"Well, guess we'll just have to go see her after," Yuriko chuckles, patting you on the back in a comforting sort of way, like she meant to get the rest of the bubbles out of you, "Gotta be more careful when talking during a shampoo though, that reaction was pretty funny, but uh... It looked a little painful."

Not painful no, just overwhelmingly bitter really... The sort of bitter that takes forever to leave for those like you, another downside to being unable to 'turn off' a superhuman physique, but-!

No time to think about that-!

No time for anything really, because...

It's not that Saki Ryuumonbuchi -that is, Ryuumonbuchi Sensei- had slept through someone calling her phone (and it was a phone, she didn't give out her COMP number so easy).

On no, she doesn't do that, if anything-

For a moment, you hear the faintest sound of something shattering a few floors down.

-she had probably punched it in the same instant she looked at it, destroying it instantly, before throwing herself out of bed and on a warpath towards the one that had woken her up. Such things are her nature, after all, as someone who was once (arguably still is) a Yakuza Princess, having a good sense for the World around her had been paramount to her survival in her younger years, but...

She also had a bad habit of staying up late.

4 AM wasn't unheard of, hell, she might have been going to sleep as you walk up this morning-!

But...

None of that matters.

Ane-san is awake.

---You can feel it.

"Calling me... At this hour..."

She's fast-!

You can hear her voice from outside in the hall, groggy, obviously annoyed, but present all the same...

She was a teacher after all-!

"Someone better be dying..."

Out in the room proper, the door opens without her knocking on it. She doesn't slam it open either (as she might have if someone had bothered her at this time at her house) but the muscular woman that slowly strides into the room is one that had clearly just been yanked from the depths of sleep, slight shadows under eyes that have crossed into a narrowed glare, one hand massaging away what seems to be a headache, until:

"...Boy."

She addresses you directly, with eye raised and arm lowered, but only after a few moments of silence wherein Yuriko just...

Shrugs, before cheerfully continuing to mess with your hair.

"...Why exactly are you eating soap?"
    Last edited by Airen; October 3rd, 2022 at 02:35 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

As expected of her prior defensive stance, she's unwilling to let down any vulnerabilities. It's only natural, after all these two are but complete strangers.

However, whereas previously she was honest about the events taking place, what she spoke of now was without doubt a lie.

"...I see. Perhaps you are simply made of a stronger stock than most. Very well then."

Now Ludwig knows what she sounds like when she's honest as well as when she's lying, making easing his curiosity a much easier task. An icy glaze regards the blue-haired maiden who's all but too eager to flee this scene.

But that can't be permitted quite yet...

"Lara asked you before, but you didn't quite answer... nor do your actions fit with the scenario presented. If you did indeed receive that key, why would you leave the house? It should unlock something within the house, shouldn't it?"

Not until her behavior makes more sense. Regardless of the life the boy has had to endure here, he's not willing to let others get mixed up in their plans, nor is he willing to let others step in and weaken the family.

No one else can be allowed to suffer for their dream, nor should that dream be trampled.

---Not by any outsiders, at least.

"And you said you spoke to the woman at the top of the estate... I'm very curious to know what exactly she had to say... for various reasons."

Did she instill a similar kind of warning as the ESPer had received, back in LUCID's memories? Or did she appear more as an omen of death, finding interest in a girl that shouldn't have found her place here?

Or could it be something else entirely...?

There's something strangely familiar about her after all... but placing it has been impossible.

Too many questions remain to ignore this girl.

"And finally, you seem more informed about the collective unconscious than I am. Though you clearly seem to misunderstand something about the house" --as there are few things more deadly as barricading yourself inside the Karlfeldt estate-- "you seem rather certain that some outside force will show up. Why is that the dreams of others are so tangled up that it's possible to interlope so easily into their dreams? And what's this Adam Kadmon entity?"

The boy has some idea of just why this has happened, however...

...Few others should be aware of the star turning possibility into reality. Or the soul devouring Arcadians for that matter.

"Did some grand scale event happen recently?"
    Last edited by Zurvan; October 3rd, 2022 at 10:11 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Flight Deck
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

There’s something wrong. It’s not the roiling mass of pitch-black clouds above them, golden lightning coursing through it like veins in intestines. Nor is it the lurch in Logan’s stomach as he falls into the heights of the sky, the lake and SLEIPNIR following as his opponent tipped the cauldron over to ensure its contents were thoroughly crushed and churned. No, it’s-

A point-blank impact smashes into Logan’s forehead like a hammer, sending pain rippling through his face until it rests in his mouth with a grimace.

"...Decent pain tolerance."
    It’s his opponent. Logan clenches onto his once-illusive opponent with a grip that could shatter stone, yet the clown maintains its piercing gaze. It’s been staring at me for a while, despite everything. Analyzing me. Making those collected asides to itself too.

"Good, good, this might be fun for once."
    Don’t give me that. You don’t get to act like a worthy opponent. You don’t get to enjoy this. He can feel his molars grit. You’re one of the ones who hurt Yamuna. You’re one of the ones who hurt Rice. You’re nothing but a threat to purge. And I won’t let you pretend that you’re anything else.

A flash of lightning leaves a glimmer on the SLEIPNIR’s deck, and Logan rockets toward it with Phantasm Step with the clown in his clutches. First he’ll smash the pierrot into the deck face-down. Then he’ll turn that mask into a maracas with a point-blank Garudyne! As Logan puts his plan and himself into motion, Amelia messages Rice.

This guy’s trying to do something big! Can you make that prick stay as it is?

Spoiler:
    Spells Selected: Garu line, Phantasm Step, Tarukaja, Eye of the Fates, ???, ???
    Spells Used: Phantasm Step, Garudyne
    Auto Skill: Revitalize
    Heat: 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

'Sleeping syndrome... the same one that Miyu had...'

She honestly had forgotten that after everything that's been happening, but with the knowledge that she'd gained, what does that sickness mean, exactly, when everyone is trapped in a dream? What are the implications that everyone is waking up now? And should she even worry about that when there's already enough on her plate as it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisa
    "Are you making work friends? Would it embarrass you if I go over to meet them~?"
    "Eh? Ah-- there's no need! I mean, erm, I wouldn't want to take any more of auntie's time!"

Caught off-guard by Alisa's questions (she should really stop letting her mind wander when she's speaking to someone), Cosmos quickly shook her head as she stammered an answer. She's actually not sure if she's embarrassed or not, but the way she answered that sure makes it sounds like she's embarrassed...

'Well, at least this way she'd likely leave you alone?'

'I suppose... Though you make it sounds like I don't want auntie's company, Illia.'

There's no need to get her aunt involved for now, at least not if she can help it.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"Blblblbl..."

Well. No getting out of this now.

That and many other words passed through Blaise's lips (perhaps), but in the end they turned into one last sigh of resignation that came out as a gentle stream of bubbles. Indeed, now that things had gotten to this point, there was not much he could do anymore. The demon had been awakened (literally) and what was gonna happen would happen. Ane-san couldn't be put back in the box after she had been taken out, so to speak. And while Yuriko was clearly playing naively innocent about this whole debacle, it fell unto him to deal with the fallout.

Typical.

The things he let his kouhai get away with.

"....."

Blaise took a moment to wipe his mouth into his sleeve, coughing up a few more bubbles, before shooting a slightly sarcastic stare towards the older woman.

"It's one of those kinds of mornings," he finally replied her earlier question. "Still, uh... good morning, Ane-san. I'd give you a proper greeting but, um..."

With his eyes, he gestured towards the hands of Yuriko still doing God Knows What to his hair.

"... That being said, if you wanna blame someone, don't blame her. I would have had to wake you up soon enough anyways. There's some... things we have to talk about," the blonde boy finally continued, locking his eyes with the older woman. "Firstly, I have some questions. I've been... remembering some things, lately. Things about my childhood. And that's made me... troubled. Along with some dreams."

The less said about those dreams the better.

"Not only that, but there's also someone I need to ask you about. About a certain maid of Ane-san's household," he added, remembering that strange connection he had made not overly long ago. "But, more importantly than that. Or rather, perhaps because of all that... because all these questions and things I've remembered have made me feel half-assed... not ready for what's going on around me, I... well..."

For a moment, he avoided his gaze.

There were many ways this could go, depending on how Ane-san took it - and the worst way was similar to Aunt Yuka's likely reaction.

--- Yet, even so, Blaise steeled his gaze and locked it with Saki Ryuumonbuchi's, unflinchingly.

"--- I'll need to leave Tokyo for a while, Ane-san. And I figured I should be upfront about it with you, after all you've done for me."

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Brewed Awakenings, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"...Off?"

Shuichi frowns.

"Can't say I do."

The sentiment from the others seems to be of a similar nature, with the shrine maiden miming that she felt completely fine and Vincent...

"Avoid the rain?"

The man simply tilts his head at your declaration, the repetition of the bizarre message Robin had sent you earlier... Of course it's a very human expression of confusion, the way one hand goes up to mess with his hair (now that Lexie is properly bandaged) evokes the properties of an unconscious tick, the sort of movements people make when they're thinking particularly hard about something, then...

"Ah, it wasn't supposed to rain today, was it?"

He says oddly, a frown crossing his objectively average face.

"But an illness in the rain...? That doesn't sound quite right either, I certainly would have noticed something like that..." His voice gets lower, gaze drawing inwards as his words begin to aim just as much at himself as all of you, "Then again, fae love to be over-complicated and obtuse I suppose... Avoid the rain to avoid getting sick... Perhaps..."

The frown deepens.

"No... Surely not..."

Raising an eyebrow at this -but not yet calling the older man out for it either- Shuichi instead turns his attention to you, and-

"...One thing at a time I suppose."

-decides to tackle a secondary issue.

"What do you mean by the worst fairy ever being on the loose? Who exactly is it?"

He asks innocently enough, until-

"...Wait, Robin?"

-his mind works on it a bit more, long enough to reach an answer on his own.

"Do you mean Robin Goodfellow? The faery jester?"

---You can almost see the slow path of the headache that is destined to come with this information traveling towards his brain...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

"Nonsense!"

---Fast.

One arm snakes around your shoulders in a supportive, big sister sort of way, as Aunt Alisa seems to almost warp to your side through sheer physical prowess alone?! It's one of those movements that would seem strange to anyone but those who knew her, the pinpoint precision of a blind woman that has suddenly found something worth putting in complete and total effort for, but even for your mental standards for the woman...

---Fast.

---Incredibly fast-!

"I always have time for these sorts of things! I gotta make sure these two treat you right, you know?"

She nods, with seemingly boundless energy.

"...And maybe take a few pictures of you guys together! I can't see em myself, but your mom would probably be mad at me if I didn't take the chance-!"

Another motive exposed-?!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

"Hyaa-?!"

Sometimes she forgot just how capable her aunt is, but the sheer speed at which Alisa snaked her arm around her shoulder far surpassed her usual speed, and Cosmos couldn't stop herself from yelping in surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Alisa
    "I always have time for these sorts of things! I gotta make sure these two treat you right, you know? ...And maybe take a few pictures of you guys together! I can't see em myself, but your mom would probably be mad at me if I didn't take the chance-!"

"...oh."

Now that Alisa brought up her mother, how could she refuse? And besides--

'Mother... would she be proud of me? Would she be happy to see me now?'

Cosmos knew that she likely would. After all, Mary was the one to constantly ask her about making friends, so seeing her with Daniel and Sofia would likely make her happy.

However, could this truly be called growth? The only reason she seeks Daniel and Sofia is because of circumstances, not because she suddenly wants to open up and socialize. One could even say she's just using them as a means to an end...

How would Mary react if she knew?

Would her mother still be proud and happy? Or would she be saddened but give a smile anyway, saying that she understands and that she had done her best?

How hypocritical of her to judge her mother when she still has a long way to go herself.

Realizing that she's getting distracted again and that she has yet to give a reply, Cosmos relaxes herself and nods.

"Well, if auntie insists and really has the time... then okay. Just make sure to take a good picture and show it to mother later."

And with that, she began to lead Alisa to where Daniel and Sofia sat.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"..."

For a moment, nothing but a tired, silent stare greets your words.

If one thought of your Aunt Yuka as a force of traditional order in your life, then Saki Ryuumonbuchi would more or less fill an opposite sort of role, a chaotic mentor whose reactions to things could never properly be predicted... Of course it made sense, she was an ex-yakuza princess, so concepts like laws as most people knew them had a much more tenuous grasp on her than they would on most, but all the same...

The Yakuza have their own codes, their own brand of chivalry, one that was quite a bit different from what your old man idealized...

"..."

So there were rare times when she would be a responsible adult, that was why it was a possibility that she could react to your words in a way that was similar to Yuka in spite of their outlooks being more or less opposite, but-

"...Alright."

-in the end she just grins, a tiny spark of life erupting in tired eyes.

"You're correct, it's best to be upfront about these sorts of things." Walking closer to the bathroom, the woman leans against the open doorway with arms crossed, amused grin refusing to leave her face, "Desertion would have been rather unfortunate... I'd have had to hunt you down, shonen."

She says it like a joke, warmth easily permeating her voice, but...

---It's probably not a joke.

Still-!

"But you have some questions about your childhood? When you were still clinging all cute to Nori's legs while she was lecturing me?"

The grin becomes an amused chuckle, as if the mental image brought about warm memories.

"Well if I can answer, I'll answer, information gathering was always a hobby of mine..."

The smile returns soon enough, still....

"And if one of the maids has been acting up, I'd love for you to tell me about it..."

The danger (for the maids) in those eyes was real-!

As for Yuriko...

"Clinging to legs... Cute... Kid...?"

She sounds out, in mild disbelief...

Well...

Yeah.
    Last edited by Airen; October 12th, 2022 at 07:43 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Brewed Awakenings, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

"..."

With the soft clicking of gears, the springs and locks holding Daisuke's neck at an odd angle manually unwind. He reaches up with both hands, grabs his head by the sides, and turns it back ninety degrees to its proper orientation. He replies, hesitantly.

"...yeah, that's one of his names."

He had forgotten something in the heat of the moment: that that guy wasn't an official demon partner. Most Tamers who want to team up with a demon must both form a contract and have it approved by the upper management. Sometimes, those requests are rejected. To Daisuke's limited knowledge, Chris has no demon contracts and never put in any sort of paperwork for one, nor does she go around announcing that there is a fairy hanging around her. In fact, most don't even know about that guy. He appears rarely on missions, when something needs to be done discreetly or messily, and is never mentioned on any official reports. In fact, when that guy deigns to show his face at all on a casual basis, it's usually to cause the sort of trouble most fairies get blasted for. Daisuke has never pried into the exact circumstances of Chris' relationship with the strange fae, though he's certainly wished to on more than one occasion. He knows bad news when he sees it, after all.

Still, bad news or not, there's no way he's going to get his buddy in trouble. Even if Shuichi is willing to keep things discreet, the two others might not share the sentiment.

In short, words must be watched, and this particular connection must be kept concealed!

"He's one of the fairies that hangs out around Brick Street. We've had some run-ins before," Daisuke says and signs, taking care to modulate his voice perfectly so as to avoid suspicion-arousing microsignals. "Well, lots of run-ins. He's a bit smarter than most of the local ones. Just a bit. I thought he'd calmed down and stuck to trolling on the net after last time, but it looks like he's up to his tricks again. Sometimes he sends me messages full of viruses just to mess with me, but this one was different."

No doubt that guy has made his move, now that his human handler is temporarily out of the picture. But the COMP known as Daisuke is already writing the complaint that'll bury that bastard for good. Just wait until Chris hears about this!

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Blaise, just for a moment, frowned at Yuriko.

"We all were kids once," he commented. "Don't pay it any mind. Just... focus on getting the hair ready, alright? It's starting to get a bit awkward."

Why did she even have that expression? Was it really that hard to imagine him as a kid? Sure, it's not like he had too many memories of those times... but he could still imagine it! No, more than that, he had pictures of it! It was proof! So why would Yuriko be so incredulous about it? It just didn't make any sense, it really didn't. Therefore, perhaps it was best to just ignore the whole bit of weirdness.

With those thoughts in his head, Blaise turned towards the yakuza princess... and tried not to hear what was happening behind him as Kaguya suddenly materialized silently.

"Girl, ya gotta see it ta believe it, I'm totes serious...!" The delinquent rabbit whispered to Yuriko. "Here, I got sum pics saved on my hard-drive, lemme just pull 'em up and..."

Oh god she was showing Yuriko his childhood pics wasn't she?

This betrayal would not go unpunished.

... But right now, it was best to focus on Saki nee-san.

"A... Ahem! Well, to start with..." Blaise began, locking eyes with the older woman. "I... don't think that maid has been acting up. Rather, I'm just trying to get a full picture here. See if something I experienced was real or not. Ane-san, do you still employ a maid with rabbit ears? Because I'm pretty sure I remember someone like that at your compound..."

He hadn't imagined all that, had he?

No, that couldn't be.

"The thing is, I met with someone who claimed to know her... or perhaps it'd be best say, someone who was akin to 'leader' to that maid and her kind," Blaise explained. "Or, at least I think I did. See, that's the thing. I'm not sure if I ever actually met this person. But if that maid exists, then most likely that person does too..."

The boy frowned.

"... And I'm not just going crazy."

It was, of course, always a possibility.

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Bathroom
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"Haha..."

In the face of Kaguya's strange enthusiasm for showing off your childhood photos (a betrayal that can't be allowed to stand, lest she make a habit out of it) Yuriko does make an attempt to play off not having an interest in it... She laughs a bit to herself, in somewhat of a strange way, then...

"No need to do something like that..."

Slowly...

Hands stop messing with your hair, her gaze in the mirror shifts slowly to the side, and...

"But if you insist... I guess I wouldn't mind taking a peek...!"

...She succumbs to a bizarre temptation, one that you can't quite understand yourself-! After all, what was so special about the childhood years?! Why did the women in your life always act so strangely about it when it comes to you?! Saki just teases you about it so you never forget it, Noriko and Yuka both lament the passing of your "more cuddly years," and even your mother-

"..."

-actually no, now that you thought about it, your mother doesn't treat you particularly different.

'You'll always be my little boy.'

---Perhaps that was a problem in it's own way, but it was best to focus on Saki now, who-

"Well, we're all a little crazy, boy."

-answers right away, hands resting on her waist.

"This town lost it's common sense some time ago, collectively embracing the absurdity that is life."

She chuckles.

"But yes... I do in fact employ a rabbit-eared maid, so this particular path to insanity is closed to you I'm afraid." Her smile widens, a mischievous light erupting in the depths of her eyes, "Inaba is her name, as granted to her by my ever loyal servant Phenex."

---The head maid.

Someone your old man had been strangely wary of when visiting the Ryuumonbuchi estate, occasionally muttering something about not wanting to be thrown out of an airlock...?

Was one of your weirder memories of him...

"Although the leader of a group of supernatural rabbits...?"

The older woman frowns.

"Now that you bring it up... That does sound sort of familiar..."

The frown deepens, almost like the woman was fighting something in her head, struggling to dredge up something from the depths of her subconscious and...

"...Didn't that shady doctor's kid have a bunch of rabbits that followed her around?"

She comes up with that, sounding strangely winded, as if even the act of remembering this much had somehow taken a physical toll on her, although she shakes it off soon after...

"What was his name? Iwa... Iwakasa...? Something like that."

She frowns.

"Strange..."

A comment made more to herself, than to you...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Saint Vivienne ~ Clock Tower
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Night

Having successfully escaped the awkward nature of your meeting with Asuka (who had ultimately chosen to read the message behind your eyes and not persist any further in her questions) the two of you had met with a smiling Emma down in the lobby of the now silent dormitory, and made your way together into the outside world...

The storm is still rather violent.

Semi-constant surges of lightning and roaring winds had accompanied the group on their journey, and even now, as you push through the oaken doors and step out into the heart of the structure for the second time today, the light coming from the outside is enough to frame the stained glass like scattered daylight, bursts of lighting illuminating the interior and casting writhing, oily shadows along the walls and floor...

They look sort of like snakes...

No...

Like grasping hands...?

Of course the atmosphere is one that leads to those sorts of thoughts, like the night one spends after watching a horror movie, with the thought of monsters you know aren't in your house continuing to bother you in spite of that knowledge...

Silly fears like that have their heart in places like this, still...

"Alright, we made it just in time."

Emma spins towards the ladder with her usual energy.

"Five minutes from now the bells should start ringing, twelve times in all, signaling midnight."

She whispers conspiratorially, like a teenager having fun with her friends someplace they aren't allowed to be...

"If there's any truth to the ritual, we should start feeling uneasy right around the sixth bell! A sudden primal urge to run away! The key is to ignore that urge and wait all the way to the end, and the sound of the thirteenth bell will open the door to the theater, or so the story goes~"

Yes.

You had talked about that earlier, still...

She seems excited about it, even if she clearly doesn't actually believe anything will happen...

"If anyone wants to back out, now's the time~"

Well, it'd look bad if you did that, so probably not gonna happen, still...

Five minutes...

Anything worth doing in that time...?

Emma seems rather cheerful, enough so that she might not think too hard about any small talk, and Asuka...

"..."

...Has kept glancing at you this whole time.

Mostly whenever she thought you wouldn't notice...

---It's sort of painful, really.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????

---At least this time, the toss had been of your own will.

Ignoring the shockingly feminine scream (and subsequent stream of curses) of a younger sister of yours as the stage spins you off of itself with absolute force, you give into the most common of Spirit Tamer habits, namely-

"...!"

-finding some absurd, convoluted way to gain momentum over long distances.

Everyone does it eventually, whether it be through propelling yourself with explosions under your feet, riding on a miniature tornado, turning yourself into some sort of throw-able object and having an ally toss you with absolute force, the ultimate conclusion of these matters is that Tamers can't help themselves, they will find some way to fly if necessary, and...

This was quickly becoming your go to-!

Still, in comparison to Ada and the stage, your momentum is ultimately faster, and to that end...

You rapidly approach your destination, the storm of blue and crimson reiki, only to feel something else encroach on your senses the closer you get...

A third energy source, but not reiki, no... This was...

Mana?

A strange form of colorless magical energy given off by a class of relic known as OOParts, items that didn't follow the 'rules' of the World, to the point of using an entirely different energy source (that is, Mana) to actualize their often conceptual abilities... They were rather rare, even the Golden Isle only had a handful of them in their armory, where they were poked and prodded by the local spirit smiths for the sole purpose of figuring out exactly how they functioned, so it was rare to come across one out in the wilds like this, but...

You've spent your fair share of time flirting with the lab geeks, so you know what mana feels like, and up ahead...

Up ahead there's a whole lot of it.

---Still, the imprecise nature of your approach also meant it was an imperfect one.

Your fall is amongst hills of mud, dunes in this desert of pitch black sand; in comparison to your violent entry into Merlin's tower this one is a bit less destructive, a mostly controlled crash into the mud that even has you landing on your feet, but...

It's a bit too short.

The battle you were trying to reach was just over the next hill, you can feel it more clearly now that you're this close, the clashing of two different reiki signature against a mana signature, Erika and the Matador against...

A giant of a man cloaked in the alien feel of mana, clad in a somewhat uncomfortable to behold uniform (was that the Thule Society of all things?!) standing at the very top of this 'sand' dune, looking down into the valley where Matador and Erika can be sensed but not seen...

"..."

One who has stopped to regard you, the one standing both behind and below him with a scowl, and the one...

"...More X-Cross."

Who simply grunts this at you, hands remaining curled into fists.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse & Hiyori
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon

---The moment you step forward, the armor physically tenses nonexistent muscles.

Reiki flows freely from you, an obvious sign of hostility, that you do not intend to answer it's bizarre and incomprehensible demands, thus the opponent prepares itself to make you comply by force. It's a simple enough reaction, the expected reaction from an entity of this type, a consistent trait of lingering wills that is easy to take advantage of, if you know about it-!

"...!"

Your speed is immaculate, as good as could be expected from any Tamer that bore the Rothschild name; your passing kicks up a gale, winds that tear apart the classroom and throw furniture all around, ripping doors from hinges and sending chairs through glass, the sudden explosion of sound and energy the mark of a battle that can no longer be avoided, but you had no intention of avoiding it-!

From the start these beings can't truly be reasoned with, they don't have a brain to comply with logical arguments, and deep down...

You feel like whatever it wants...

---Is something you can't afford to give it.

It's just a baseless feeling born from your sixth sense, but it's one that you heed all the same, thus-!

Straightforward.

Pummel it's face.

Your fist rockets towards it's intended target, the first of a flurry of blows against a target that is just standing there, that almost seems to have been caught off guard by your sudden assault, but...

"Give it back-!"

...No.

Reality is not so kind.

Your first blow is repelled by the determined shade, a hand comes up naturally to deflect it, striking just inside of your wrist and pushing it to the side as the stationary target meets your attack head on; the sudden shift in momentum doesn't catch you off-guard though, even though your first strike goes wide and sends you into a spin, you harness that momentum to strike ever faster-!

The second blow is also pushed aside, as if the knight had somehow seen your attack coming in advance; metal screeches as it collides with metal, sparks dancing across the room as your full force assault is met with a surprisingly well-thought out response, but the third of your blows still comes, a final jab meant to take advantage of the failures of the others, and-!

"...!"

This time it connects.

[???: - 40 HP]

A hollow knocking sound comes as a helmet without occupant snaps back at contact with your fist, but...

There's no time to celebrate that, after all, this seems to be 'you,' so...

[Ross: -40 HP]

The fist that has suddenly buried itself into your solar plexus, continues on in spite of it taking a blow to the head at the same time-!

It hits hard, not at the apex of a Demon-level entity, but hard enough that you can tell it's using the armor to surge as well, that it is somehow capable of piercing your natural resistances (much like you seem to be able to hurt it) and-

[Ross: -40 HP]

-then it hits you again, this time in the face, and you realize what's happening...

This feeling... You knew this spell formula pouring out of it... Wasn't this Gefrierzeit...?

If it was, then-!

A third blow was coming-!

And indeed, a third strike does seem like it will appear, the armor has shifted forward so casually you almost miss it, fist drawn back to follow up the haymaker with an uppercut, but-!

A gunshot rings out.

[???: - ?? HP]

It's head snaps back a second time, this time with so much force that if there had been someone inside the suit, their neck might have snapped from the impact-!

The cause is Charlotte naturally, wielding a revolver that frankly seems to have way too much stopping power, enough that, while there was no neck to snap...

The knight is floored by the strike nonetheless, thrown backwards across the room and landing momentarily on it's back-!
    Last edited by Airen; October 24th, 2022 at 05:43 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse & Hiyori
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon

As we got closer and closer to each other, we both tensed up and prepared to fight each other. No more words or negotiations. Even if I could reason with ‘me’, I just had this weird feeling. A gut feeling that what ‘I’ wanted wasn’t something I could or would give freely. If this was truly ‘me’ I was facing, then all I needed to do was… Act first.

As I surged forward, the building behind me was demolished. Seats and desks got sent flying everywhere as the backblast forced them through the glass and walls of the classroom. The open door between me and ‘myself’ were ripped off their hinges and then shredded from the sheer concussive force of my Spirit Armor surge. The sudden cacophony of noise signaled the start of our fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossweisse
    "Give it back-!"
    All ‘I’ do is stand there and ask for me to give it back even as my fist goes rocketing towards its face. However, despite acting second, ‘I’ casually deflected my fist to the side as if it was nothing.

As I was forced off target, I let myself follow the flow of the deflection to use that momentum to launch an even faster spinning backhand punch with my deflected hand.

However, despite that attack coming even more swiftly and smoothly. ‘I’ deflected that attack as well, however this one struck closer to home as there was the sound of metal colliding violently and sparks being created as my attack glided across their armor.

However, I’m not done yet! Even though all my previous attacks failed, all that meant you were open for my final attack. Surge Smash!

“SEIIII!”

Quote Originally Posted by Rossweisse
    "...!"

This time, my attack landed sure and true. It was the type of sequence of attacks that even if stopped one, it would slowly place you more and more out of position until you were forced to take a hit. However even as I landed my attack, I didn’t have time to celebrate as an uppercut landed directly in my gut. If anything it seemed to be waiting till I was done before it launched its own counterattack.

After that, they used their momentum to launch a spinning backhand. Were they using the same moves as me but in reverse as well?! As warning bells ring in my head, I realize there’s something else really familiar about this. They’re using Gefr-

As I prepare for the final attack aimed at my head… Instead ‘I’ was knocked off balance before it could launch its final attack, the sound of a gunshot coming from behind from probably Ms. Charlotte. While I would’ve normally questioned when or how she got it, but considering that she has her own personal submarines somehow stashed on her. A gun wasn’t the craziest thing, even if the shot looked like it would rip someone’s head off if it lands. As I prepared for round two against ‘myself’, Hiyori flew between me and ‘myself.’ As if to declare her will, Hiyori buried herself into the floor like the Sword in Stone.

‘Ross… While I love that you don’t want other people hurt, if you think I’m going to standby while you get the tar beat out of you. This COMP has another thing coming for you!’

While I was tempted to go past Hiyori, I already knew that Hiyori was going to get involved if I went past her again. So if she was going to get involved… I should let her.

“Alright in that case…”

I pulled Hiyori out of the floor and summoned her sheathe before sliding her into it. As I let my body instinctively set itself into a martial arts stance. Even if it knows the upcoming technique, it can’t return it, especially if we’re going to use the same spell and surge to match each other.

Actions
    Gefrierzeit
    Surge
    Raging River

Wise Up!
    HP: 420 / 500
    SP: 370 / 500

Minor Talents
    Swordsmanship
    Rossweisse, despite being an amnesiac, seems to instinctively use a predominately Sword-based martial art. While it’s more than good enough to fight non-specialists in a fight, actual martial arts practitioners can see how the movements aren’t planned nor controlled thus easy to take advantage of.

[Martial Arts Perk. Character suffers no speed penalties when facing another martial artist. In addition, Character is able to utilize “physical skills,” special techniques that focus on pushing the body past it’s limit to perform superhuman feats through direct use of "Reiki," which is otherwise known in the supernatural world as "Spirit Power." These techniques drain one's stamina like spells and are considered to do spirit type damage, but are not limited by the COMP system (instead using up attack actions) and are comparable to C-Rank Spells in effect.

You get two of these skills.]

Auto Skills

Strength's Obstacle
    Harmony Cost: 2

Rossweisse may not be the strongest of people… for now. When this auto skill has been activated, Rossweisse will slowly start to accumulate more STR as more turns pass by until it matches the strongest enemy’s strength. Rossweisse must be aware of them for it to take effect.

[Slowly increase STR Score to match the strongest person within thirty meters of Ross, increase is at a rate of 10 points a turn. If the opponent goes beyond this point, reduce strength to match the next strongest individual. If Ross herself is the strongest person on the battlefield, this skill has no effect.]

Actions
    Spirit Armor
    Activate Spirit Armor Form, encasing oneself in their battle-suit, completely closed off from any insidious effects that might seek to harm them. Drains 30 SP a turn while active, however, in exchange, the user takes no damage from environmental threats (magical or otherwise) and ignores the non-damage aspects of spells that strike them, even if that spell would target a weakness. Physical restraints may still work however.

Surge
    In Spirit Armor form, pay an additional 20 SP to increase Strength and Agility by one rank during the course of this round. Does not add additional heat to the system.

Gefrierzeit
    Cost: 30 - 3 Heat
    Spirit
    Sometimes Rossweisse needs even more time to think and react and this spell was her answer to that issue. This spell boosts her sense of time until she’s in what seems to be a temporary time stop. For the most part, this spell allows her to raise her parry chances and potentially allow her to counterattack.

[Support Ability. When used, ignore the "Godspeed" trait on enemy attacks. Additionally, after being the target of a close range attack, the user is able to attempt a counter on the opponent's turn. This counter does not use up the actions available in their next turn.]

Raging River
    Physical
    An iaijutsu move where the user waits for their opponent to enter their strike zone before striking. Since the move starts from a sheathed sword stance… It’s hard for the enemy to determine if Rossweisse is going to launch an offensive or a defensive move.

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Flight Deck
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---The clown begins to giggle again as you descend, the ear-grating madness of their voice a harsh contrast to their frozen porcelain face. It's the opposite phenomena from what you had observed before, where the clown had gotten more and more calm over time, it seems to be heading in the opposite direction now, descending back into the disconcerting lunacy that had marked it as inherently unstable right from the start-!

It's almost like...

There were two separate people in that body? Possession? No... The reiki signature stayed consistent in spite of behavioral changes, so perhaps just two separate personalities?

"..."

Whatever it is, the response from Rice comes across more as feelings than words, of a once-shivering girl that has gone strangely calm in the face of a rapidly escalating battlefield, where gravity can be casually reversed so cleanly that landmarks themselves have begun their ascension (descent?) to the infinite depths of the sky. It's a feeling of intense concentration, the sort of all-consuming thoughts that occupy the mind of someone putting their entire being into the completion of a single task, and-

"...Think I got that weird power figured out."

-with those words, the world snaps back to a more natural state.

Gravity begins to behave as it should, water that had been rising up slowly losing momentum as that which had been clawing towards the sky is replaced by mother nature's merciless grasp. It's a clean reversal, the somewhat horrifying implication of the young female A.I being able to make up personalized counter-spells for mythic-class magic on the spot, seconds after seeing the original phenomena, but for Logan...

"The personality thing is a bit more confusing though... Their soul is... Weird? It's not acting right. Like there's two of them in there, but not really? It's strange... I'll see what I can do, though."

It doesn't matter too much.

The clown again struggles in your grasp, one arm (clumsier than before, if also more slippery) slipping out of your grip and going for your throat, only to be caught and slammed back to it's side as you ram the SLEIPNIR with all the momentum your Phantasm Step could grant you.

The ship doesn't explode, crumble, or even dent, it is the SLEIPNIR after all, but that's fine...

It's inability to truly be affected by things like this makes it a perfect blunt force instrument, minimizing damage to the environment was a nice benefit too. Supernatural encounters could be quite destructive after all, and the fiasco with gravity randomly deciding to flip itself over has probably caused damages that aren't clear at a glance, but...

Doesn't really matter.

For once, you have a decisive upper hand in a fight; the clown is pinned to the deck beneath you, arms locked and it's head held firmly against the steel, making any non-magical escape extremely difficult, and indeed...

Raging winds equivalent to an F4 Tornado tear across the surface of the deck, mark of a personalized gale-storm that has descended atop that very same Pierrot. Razor winds tear at the body, at the obvious costume, sight of flickering crimson a sign that you are indeed doing damage to the being, but...

Reiki rises, a spell going off that has no obvious external tells from what you can see...

And it just keeps laughing.

---An unsettling, inhuman sound that, in spite of your current situation...

Makes you feel a bit uneasy.

Even more so when the laughter returns to giggles...

"...Do you wish to see my face, boy?"

And it poses that question at you.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Saint Vivienne ~ Strange Manor
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Quote Originally Posted by Eva
    “Um- if she broke anything, then I apologize. She’s not usually like this…”
    The maid snorts at this, a sound that's so crude but unrelentingly human that for a moment, all of her obvious inhumanity seems to fall away.

"Just a few locks, she seems to be... Breaking them out of spite, a bit of petty revenge against the one she can't kick down."

However, while she does seem to find all of this genuinely amusing, she still doesn't turn to face you.

"But it's fine, as I said, shadows are beings of impulse, doing whatever they like without regard for the consequences. Kicking down doors is only to be expected, and when it's the shadow of someone like her, so bound by rules and regulations and procedures, well..."

Her voice lowers and becomes darkness itself, cold, all-enveloping, a silk-like whisper that hides many truths...

"The heroic types always seem to jump to conclusions about finding the villain. Although in this case... I suppose the boy does look awfully suspicious from her perspective..."

Well...

That doesn't sound great!

---

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"..."

Again, you bombard her with questions.

Again, she seems to feel far too obligated to answer them, to the point where her retreat stops the moment you call out to her back. It's a different response from Tsukiko, who had rudely ignored you and just went along with her business, this seemed more like the mark of a kinder person that was putting on a tough front, one that has a hard time just ignoring people that are clearly in need of some sort of assistance, and...

"...The woman at the top."

She speaks slowly.

"...She wanted to know if I needed anything," she speaks slowly, refusing to acknowledge your first question and thus starting with the second, "Anything at all she said, something about looking out for me being a bloodline duty. Our families are close, she said... Or something like that anyway."

"It was a long time ago."

Snow falls gently, dancing on nostalgic winds.

Lara frowns, glancing up at the room at the top of the mansion, but ultimately staying silent.

After awhile, the young woman continues.

"...Adam Kadmon is... Well, I guess you could say it's the remains of a certain God's will, trying to infect enough people to be reborn through their faith... Similar to the God the Church believes in, but hostile, jealous..."

She shrugs, sighs, then:

"As for the key, I can't tell you-"

Suddenly-

"Obviously, she's trying to steal it so the door can't be opened at all... Symbolism and all that... Sort of clever I guess."

-a new voice cuts her off.

---You whirl around out of instinct, as does the girl, and the both of you do it for the same reason, namely...

The approach of the voice's owner had been dead silent.

Noiseless.

Reiki-less.

Like an assassin.

But the person waiting there, in the doorway of your mental home...

"But that's the church's hidden ace for you, real outta the box thinker."

Seems like a normal enough girl?

Or she would...

If not for the golden eyes, and this... Feeling...

Yes, as a psychic you knew this one rather well...

The feeling of an id that has detached itself from the ego and superego and become a pseudo-independent entity, often judged in the masquerade days as a sort of dissociative identity disorder...

Shadow.

"And a psychic too? Been doing a lot of mind probing, Mr. Classical ESPer?"

She smiles at you.

---It doesn't feel much like a smile should.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Eva Ellet
    Saint Vivienne ~ Strange Manor
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"Just a few locks, she seems to be... Breaking them out of spite, a bit of petty revenge against the one she can't kick down."

“Ah…”

Given Shadow Catherine’s rather… energetic behavior, it was an easy image for Eva to imagine. It was almost amusing to think about, if not for the fact that it was completely unwarranted property damage.

Thankfully, it didn’t seem like the maid was too bothered by it.

Unfortunately…

"The heroic types always seem to jump to conclusions about finding the villain. Although in this case... I suppose the boy does look awfully suspicious from her perspective..."

Eva could not say she felt the same. Catherine attacking someone that, judging from the wording, was actually innocent - that seemed very worrying. It was something she was certain the girl would have regretted if she had the time to think about it- but as Eva understood, shadows were not the type to sit down and think before acting.

So, it was up to her.

“Thank you for letting me know. I-I’ll go find her right away!”

With that said, Eva was off.