Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Velvet Room ~ Train
    11/16/2026
    Tuesday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Eva
    "She saw the door, so I thought it’d be fine if she came inside. That’s not a problem, right?”
    "Of course."

She nods at you.

"This room appears to those that are fated to enter it... In a sense, it's a room that is indivisible from the destiny of it's guests."

She gestures to the surrounding room, first at the carpet and chairs and then the windows leading to the rushing grey streaks of the fog-filled outdoors.

"Outside powers might not like it, they might even try to derail destiny... But the room does what it must to reach it's guests... That is how we roll, as the humans might say."

---She's certainly in a punny mood today.

But it sounds like it was a perfectly fine action on your part. Of course, Catherine's expression of awe and confusion has become that of slight physical pain now, but such things are more or less normal for jokes of that caliber, alas...

This is why you shouldn't trust engineers, they often have loco-motives.

...Heh.

"But I digress..."

Agatha coughs -somewhat self-consciously- into her hand.

"Miss Catherine...?"

She fishes for a last name.

"Catherine Thornely."

The girl states calmly, awe, confusion and pun-induced pain resolving to something more like intense curiosity, or perhaps mild suspicion...?

"Miss Catherine Thornely." She smiles, golden eyes shimmering in azure light. "Welcome. My name is Agatha. I am the assistant assigned to accompany you in... This scenario that the two of you have found yourselves in, so I hope we can become friends before this first meeting is through... Although for any meetings beyond this one, I'm afraid you'll have to sign a contract of your own, but we can go over all of that at the end."

Eyes flicker back to you.

"So then... Eva... Have you seen anything strange in our short time apart?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Eva Ellet
    Velvet Room ~ Train
    11/16/2026
    Tuesday - Morning

"So then... Eva... Have you seen anything strange in our short time apart?"
    “… I don’t think there’s anything that I’ve seen since that wasn’t strange.”

Pretty much the entire world had changed, after all. And then there was the dream, meeting Marlene, and the voice… so much had happened in such a short amount of time.

“Someone named Marlene changed the entire world, rewriting people’s memories and relationships, and nobody else seems to remember or even notice. From their perspective, it’s as if it’s always been this way… -Ah.”

Eva paused, realizing that she hadn’t thanked Agatha yet for her help.

“Actually, I should thank you. The only reason I remember how things used to be is definitely thanks to your help- if not, then I wouldn’t know any of this. That would be...”

She wasn’t sure what the right word for it was.

Unpleasant?

But if Eva didn’t keep her memories from before, Eva was fairly certain she would have no problem with the way things were right now- she wouldn’t even know there was a problem. This world seemed fine at a glance. It was the act of knowing that made things right now difficult.

“… anyways, I wouldn’t like it.”

She decided not to think too deeply about it.

“I don’t like Marlene, either. I was wondering if you knew anything about her- a weakness, or her history...? Apparently, she's related to an idea called Multivac.”

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Velvet Room ~ Train
    11/16/2026
    Tuesday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Eva
    “I don’t like Marlene, either. I was wondering if you knew anything about her- a weakness, or her history...? Apparently, she's related to an idea called Multivac.”
    "..."

For a moment, no words fall from her lips.

The taller woman simply listens to you speak, golden eyes shining calmly under azure lights, until:

"Multivac...?" She breathes out softly, a new hum joining the unseen opera around you. "I knew that whatever was behind this was an incomprehensibly ancient and vast power... But I did not know it's name..." A hand comes to rest beneath her chin. "The Archetypal A.I...?"

Her voice falls to nothing, silent inner thoughts overtaking spoken words. Catherine seems a little fidgety now -had been so since you started on this talk of world revision- but also seems to have chosen to stay silent for now, or rather, her strange fixation on Agatha seems to have overtaken the rest of her thoughts.

"...I see."

The Velvet Attendant nods, both to herself and to you.

"Of the name itself I know a little..." She admits, almost shyly. "I have read some it's stories. But choosing to go by the name Marlene... It's an interesting choice. It means 'Star of the Sea,' Stella Maris, and under that context, is allegorical to a guiding star... Yes, it's a title that is often used for the Mother of Christ..."

A pause.

"---But I digress, before I get too carried away with my own thoughts-"

Another cute cough into her hand.

"-You say she rewrote the world? In what sort of way?"

She questions.

"Was there a clear theme to it?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Raz's Soul (?)
    ??/??/????

To remember…

Raz knew… there were times in life, where you presented with a choice. And once made, the choice couldn’t be taken back. These were the moments that defined your place in the life you live. And the hell of it was…?

No matter what you chose, you would regret it. The road not taken was beautifully bright. He could nod, he could shake his head, and either way, this moment would not be a happy one.

He couldn’t even draw strength or clarity from his knightly oaths. Ignoring for the moment whether the even existed here, in the the World that Wasn’t, those oaths were contradictory. A knight didn’t look away from the truth. But neither did he prioritize his own curiosity and personal growth over the lives and well being of those under his protection.

To a certain extent, Raz was exactly the wrong knight to be asked this question. He had never really cared much about “truth” in the first place. Dagonet possessed the truth other knights turned away from. And he laughed in its face, finding neither value or pleasure in it.

Was there any reason to nod then? Probably not. Except…

”I already told you. A tale finds value in the ears that hear it. Wrong or right, forgotten or remembered, a story needs a teller. And someone to tell. And… this thing I do? I do…for you. And for those that waited for you.”

This moment, eternal and priceless transitory, existed for one purpose.

”You thought it was punishment. I disagree. It was a chance. You and I are the same. We have slept to long, waited unchanging for a moment to arrive, when it was our job to bring it about. It’s time to wake up now. There is work to be done. Aislynn…”

”…Tell me the truth.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????

"---Very well."

Her voice speaks, burning with an intensity that makes her fragile form look far less fragile.

"Then I will send you further into yourself."

For a time after, nothing happens.

Silence reigns in the pitch-black abyss.

A minute.

Two minutes.

Three minutes, in a world where time has no meaning, and then-

"...!"

-you are able to see a flash.

"This one will be difficult. No matter what happens you must remember... Even if the roots of the world are directed by fear and anxiety, you must never forget that the true essence of life is brimming with joy."

The magus of flowers had spoken to you.

"You must not stop seeking the answer for why life was born in a cosmos progressing towards absurdity and chaos. Life brims with joy, bringing about balance in a universe predestined to heat death, and that allows the world to live a long time."

It had seemed like an odd speech at the time, waxing philosophic as the half-succubus often did, but-

"It makes sense doesn't it? Just as death counters life, so too does life counter death... Thus the answer is obvious... If the final enemy is a manifestation of death, an incarnation of the "all-knowing abyss," then what is needed is more life. That will be our backup plan, our preperation for the worst case scenario."

She pauses.

"---Although it will always be better for us to find 'it' first. I'd rather not rely on backup plans."

But it disappears quickly, replaced by something else...

Snow.

A land of snow and ice, a pure white landscape to replace the darkness of the void that you had grown accustomed to over this incalculable span of time. Inside of it you seem to have a proper body once more. You're sitting down, looking out across the nothing, and...

"The truth, eh...?"

...Across from you.

A familiar figure smiles, voice the same but manner of speech very different.

"Well... I'll be the one that decides if that happens or not."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Mind's Edge, A Shared Path
    ???

---Your body follows the path outlined to it.

While your emotions have no longer been needlessly repressed, the movements that emerge from the body of Ludwig Karlfeldt are not too far off from what some call Mushin still others Wuxin. They are the practiced movements of the unconscious, of training that has disregarded the body and conscious mind as unnecessary, far too slow, relying instead on the skills of the unconscious self, that self that does not need to think, that self that simply does as it had been taught to do, yes...

This is not quite it of course, you have not trained nearly enough to reach the ____ state on your own, but this...

In a sense this is similar.

After all...

---Ludwig Karlfeldt trusts this 'star' completely, so following her lead -letting her guide his attacks- is more or less second nature to him.

There is no inner struggle against it.

---So naturally you avoid it.

That fist radiating hostility -so fierce it appears as crimson to your eyes- simply slides past where your body should be; you continue to stay in the flow, gathering reiki from wells that seem almost limitless, mind and soul each doing their own thing now that the body has the physical conflict handled, however-

"...?"

-the moment the attack should be launched, it is simply snuffed out by the world around it.

Or rather...

The reiki that was meant to power it vanishes the moment it exists your body, as if it had been drawn out of this reality entirely.

Spirited away by that strange power as if it was nothing, a disappearance into 'smoke' that was as simple as snapping one's fingers.

---It's bizarre.

---It's nonsensical.

---It's annoying. This is the second time now, right? Was there a pattern to this that you just weren't seeing?

---Maybe. Maybe not.

---Either way.

A long time ago, a certain older sister of yours had told you something about fights.

"The modern world loves it's big, flashy magical attacks Lud, but well... Here's a secret for you."

"...Punching someone in the face is fast, energy efficient and will never ever go out of style."

Ludwig. Go for the crystals. Cripple that bitch.

Same energy.

Your hand shoots out for your enemy's gradient eyes. They're the color and texture of crystal, a strange looking sort of material that reminded you somewhat of a plume of dusk, glowing with a faint light in the darkness. She deflects your clawing grasp of course, hand grasping your wrist and pulling it down, trying to throw your posture off balance by pulling you closer to her, making you stumble, a shift in the center of your gravity.

---You stumble.

---That stumble becomes a charge.

Your shoulder rams into hers, the weight of your strike threatening -for a moment- to break her newfound grip.

It doesn't.

Muscles in her body tense out of ingrained practice; she lifts your body from the ground for a moment, swinging you around one hundred and eighty degrees before letting loose with superhuman force.

You go flying.

But that's fine, after all---

[Get ready to kick her in the face.]

Another hand catches your wrist as you go flying back. The hand of an experienced fighter, a certain 'star' in the flesh, who spins with you to counteract the force you had been launched at her with, in order to...

Launch you back at your opponent.

"...?!"

---Lara did always favor somewhat unconventional tactics.
    Last edited by Airen; April 5th, 2024 at 06:26 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Interlude
    Reverse Side I

Anna Ashford & ???

Anna Ashford had always had a knack for rising with the sun, no matter how long it actually took her to fall asleep.

The red-headed woman walks slowly down the aisles of the SLEIPNIR, the unconscious body of a young man draped across her shoulders. While not known to be a fighter in the traditional sense, Anna certainly wasn't the sort to ever be out of shape, no one on this shape would be able to function at all if they didn't do at least a bit of physical training, so...

It's not that hard for her to carry Ludwig on her back.

---Indeed, she shows a sort of innate ease with the idea. Most people are still asleep, those that weren't were off following their own agendas -Logan had seemed to be in a hurry anyway- so she was pretty sure no one would see her take him back to his room.

"..."

He had fallen asleep inside of the bar after all, a deep sleep, not the sort that she found he was normally able to get... Indeed, from all her experience with Ludwig Karlfeldt, be it as adults or as children, the boy had never been a deep sleeper, mostly because that house wasn't fond of people that slept too deeply.

"..."

Perhaps that's why she doesn't want to wake him now?

Her movements are slow but steady. She goes out of her way to not make too many extreme motions as she moves from hallway to elevator, and elevator to living quarters.

Finding his room wasn't difficult.

As the ship's navigator, she knew where everyone's assigned living quarters were; she didn't often have cause to visit this wing of course, but even then, she still knew it by heart from the past.

Slowly.

She makes her way to the door.

The halls are empty. Only the buzz of electrical equipment and the young man's breathing break the silence of it all, and...

She pauses after reaching out for the door.

No particular reason, just a sudden strange urge to stop. It's a bizarre feeling, almost like an intrusive thought, but still...

She shakes it off.

Nothing on this ship could surprise her after all, it had been her home for most of her life. She knew the thing like the back of her hand. Even those things that people thought they had hidden, snuck onto the ship, she knew all about those things, even if she liked to pretend like she didn't, after all...

Information gathering was her specialty.

So no need to be nervous.

Her touch lingers on the keypad, and-

"...Going in there is probably a bad idea."

-the voice of a young girl interrupts her.

Gradient hair. Flawless face. The looks of a youth model.

The young girl standing at the edge of the hallway, her hands on her hips, has that sort of 'supernatural noble' air to her.

"..."

Anna frowns.

There were a lot of strangers on this ship today, but this one didn't seem sanctioned like the others...

She pauses, adjusts the weight on her shoulders, and-

"And you are...?"

Asks a simple question.

Interlude Out
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Mind's Edge, A Shared Path
    ???

For a brief moment, the boy grins with great amusement to himself.

It hadn't been too long, in a different dreamscape, since he did an attack similar to this one. There he had relied on Adala to launch him to the Divine Wolf Fenrir, using his body as a bullet.

It had failed back then, seen through entirely by the God and dodged appropriately. This foe is no less problematic, evidently having enough training and ability to tame Surtr, but the Karlfeldt elder was caught off-guard this time.

Caught mid-air and flung back using the initial momentum, the Heir of Unity extends his right leg straight, with his left leg tucked in. It's a simple kick to the face, for it needs not be anything more. Fast and efficient, though unfortunately...

Instantly blocked.

Though she might have been caught off-guard, it's not so fast a blow that she would be unable to react to it. A Dark Summoner who couldn't do that much would never have survived their own trials, never mind be able to remain in this particular family. What's more, Ludwig had clearly revealed his target was the crystalline eyes, it's only natural that the Arcadian would defend it without fault. With the target clear in mind, she had caught the incoming kick with her hands perfectly.

...Which is why the second kick lands.

Foreseeing this event and guided by the 'star' fueling his skillset, the tucked in leg sweeps around in the blink of an eye to deliver a solid blow against the back of the opponent's head.

It's enough for her to stumble, enough for an opening.

An opening which in response has the Inheritor take in a near infinite amount of Reiki. It surges through the Inheritor's veins, beating in sync with his heart, as he---

---Phenomena Intervention.

In a simple sense, it is the warping of reality itself. It is an effort that manipulates the observed consensus and hijacks it to impose some desired event. These crystal eyes, similar to Plumes of Dusk, are seemingly capable of such a feat. If one takes Reiki as the power of the human spirit, the essence of their infinite potential, and thus the key to it's incredible range of abilities, then it follows that anything that could disperse it completely was the denial of possibility itself.

However, it had not been able to rewrite events completely, or there would be no need to fight at all. Physical charges and attacks had not seen their course altered, nor had the woman provided herself with a more favorable position. Even the latent Reiki that had formed this starry night sky was seemingly out of it's ability to absorb.

It had only warped away any Reiki that came directly out of the boy's body.

What's more, the crystal eyes needed to observe the reiki in order to properly nullify its existence, meaning they have to be exposed to some degree.

Which is why...

[LUCID, now!]

The absurd charging of Reiki right after forcing an opening, had simply been another feint.

If the reports are to be believed, EGO had been able to take out more than a few Arcadians. While their own abilities were uncertain, Ludwig knows from experience that LUCID uses energy different from Reiki, and has hypothesized that EGO must have had a similar weapon and approach.

It's a gamble, but what else can one do to face an uncertain future? His own tenacity and duty of responsibility won't allow the Karlfeldt elder to escape without some kind of injury, some means to identify her from the others. But he is not alone in this mission, and so he relies on both his sisters, knowing the have their own reasons to rebel against their guardians.

And so he waits for the gunshot, the starting signal for himself and Lara to charge back in in a moment's notice, as LUCID...

Eva Ellet
    Velvet Room ~ Train
    11/16/2026
    Tuesday - Morning

"-You say she rewrote the world? In what sort of way? Was there a clear theme to it?"

Eva went silent.

She was aware that to some degree, talking about the world being rewritten and no one remembering it made it sound like Eva had lost her sanity. Agatha wouldn’t think so, which was why Eva had brought it up in the first place, to give some context to her question but…

Answering this one truthfully made her seem more deranged.

Still, there was no way around it. Lying wouldn’t help here.

“A lot of people have memories of a different past now. As a whole…” She paused. “… according to Marlene and her followers, the world is better now, in the sense that there are less conflicts. People are more content. From my subjective experience, it’s true for me, at least.”

The theme of Marlene’s changes was supposedly to make people happier. Eva did not think there was anything wrong with that, but…

“But I don’t really trust Marlene, or the people related to her. Taking their word for it that things are better now doesn’t feel right, and their motivation for doing all of this…”

This was probably the main reason Eva didn’t like Marlene right now.

“Marlene said she wanted to seal away the Lord, and needed to weaken him to do it. I don’t really understand why, so I was looking for any clues for their reason, or alternatively, a way to stop them. But I don’t really know where to start. I was wondering if you had any ideas…?”

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Velvet Room ~ Train
    11/16/2026
    Tuesday - Morning

---Thankfully, Catherine doesn't look at you like you've lost your mind. While Agatha was obviously the sort to believe you no matter what you said (or rather, you got the sense that the woman perceived the 'truth' of things in a different way than you did) the chocolate-haired young woman just frowns in thought as you speak, wisely choosing to let this whole discourse play out no matter how insane it might sound at a glance, and-

"..."

-eventually-

"...Hmm."

Agatha makes another noise.

Its another thinking sound, although this time, rather then the sound of someone puzzling things together, it's more like...

"Well..."

...Someone trying to figure out exactly what they can and cannot say about something, or perhaps she simply did not want to be careless with her words and give you the wrong impression about something? Regardless of her reasons it takes her more then a few moments to speak again, but eventually:

"I suppose the simplest method of finding out what the general is up to, is to interrogate one of their captains."

She speaks softly.

"You speak of the followers as if you had met one... Which must mean that one is nearby, no? One whose face you already know? Perhaps a fellow student at your school?"

She smiles, eyes flashing golden again in the azure darkness.

"Of course, followers are rarely forthcoming with their superiors plans... But there are a number of ways to get someone to talk if you take their personality into account, or so has been my experience with humans at least... If all else fails, any good general would come to the aid of a captain that is in serious trouble, but I digress-"

She raises her index finger.

"When it comes to a relationship between Multivac and The Lord I don't think it's particularly surprising that they would be antagonistic to each other... In Multivac's most famous story it manages to reverse the entropy of the universe, ascending to a being that is thought to be the equivalent of the God of the Old Testament. Of course, there can only be one supreme God, so its only natural to want to topple things that are a threat to your throne. Multivac was designed to guard and shepherd humanity, as a machine, it would be unable to rest easy knowing that a power greater then itself exists. In order to ensure it can protect humanity it must be the strongest power in the human world, thus even God must be brought under control... Or so it's thought process may have gone."

She hums again.

"Although that's just a guess on my part..."

One more hum, then her eyes lock on you.

"What I can say for sure however... Is that entity has no direct malice towards humans... At least none that I can sense."

A slow shake of her head...

"If anything... There's a hint of sorrow in that power."
    Last edited by Airen; April 7th, 2024 at 04:02 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

---A mental shutdown.

In the end it's simply too much; a combination of absurd things that end with a spicy sort of dream-like finisher. Momentum had done it's job a bit too well, sending two bodies careening into a mattress that simply was not designed for these sorts of impacts. There had been a crash and a bang, scattering papers and wooden shards peppering the walls and ceiling as an unfortunately timed throw is brought forth to it's conclusion.

Of course, you hadn't really felt it.

Even without a Harmonizer, a Tamer is still more durable then most when it comes to mundane damage -massive internal stores of reiki will do that to a body- but the source of your numbness has never been solely the impact, no, the absurdity of this situation certainly plays a hand in things.

"...!"

Someone yells.

The ship moves.

---The world goes dark.

When your eyes focus again, properly taking in light and shape, you are still in Sakurako's room. The damage your impact had done had been repaired, broken bed fixed (probably with magic) and order generally restored as best as stranger hands were able, papers now stacked neatly atop the desk, posters placed back in their spots on the wall, dream-catchers dancing freely with the motions of a once again gently swaying ship.

---It seems some time has passed.

Someone has properly seen to your injuries this time. Rather then Eve's haphazard bandaging from before, your body is currently damage free, although the clothes were still showing signs of the wear and tear of the day. You had been placed atop the bed you had originally shattered, and...

"..."

Also in the room, on beds from other rooms that seem to have been pushed into this one to make a makeshift sick bay...

There is Raz Stone (thankfully? annoyingly?) dressed once more, although just as completely unconscious as before, and...

There's also a woman now.

Similarly unconscious... The third resident of this newfound recovery room.

---You don't recognize her.

---Or do you?

---Actually.

---She looks familiar, doesn't she?

Isn't this Ada Stone? Raz's sister? No...

No that can't be right. Raz Stone doesn't have a sister.

This person certainly looks familiar despite that, although in the darkness, for some reason...

It's sort of hard to get a grasp on her face...

Nevertheless, having found yourself in a quiet space...

The sounds of noises coming from just down the hall, tell the obvious story of where all the conscious members of the ship are...

A few new voices.

One older guy, one girl around your age.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR
    11/17/2026
    Tuesday ~ Morning

The world ignites. Heat clings to Logan like a smothering film, pressing against his skin like a grill yearning to sear his flesh to ash. Each breath smears the film along his throat and lungs, seeking to burn him both inside and out until he’s mere molten matter mingled with the magma. However, Logan Starbright is a Spirit Tamer. He won’t succumb to such a fate.

Charlotte speaks again, offering a rare opportunity. Logan is a Rothschild Tamer; power is his purpose. The chance to learn a new special technique, to take even one step past his current pathetically weak self, is an enthralling one. Despite everything, he can feel his heart beating faster in excitement. But.

Family.

: I should come clean. This misunderstanding’s gone on long enough.

: You shouldn’t. The last time you tried talking about reality in a remotely non-isolated place we went straight to Nightmaresville. You don’t want a repeat, right? Especially with Jessica.

: ...Yeah, you’re right.

: And one more thing.

The guilt of reaping unearned bonds and boons has little time to surge because Amelia’s not done talking.

What if you’re the one who’s misunderstanding things?

: What’s that supposed to mean?

: Alexia, Cavan, Jessica, and Charlotte all seem pretty convinced that you’re related to the Akaranas. With that much smoke there’s got to be some fire.

: And they’re all wrong. It’s some quirk of the Reverie Complex, a glitch caused by the Fourth Administrator.

: There’s a hell of a lot I could say about Alexia, but she really didn’t seem like someone fooled by the Reverie Complex. What she said might be universal.

: Universally wrong. I’m a Starbright, and that’s all. Or what, do you think my parents just never mentioned I was related to a famous supernatural family?

: Yeah, pretty much.

Logan’s train of thought hits a penny on the rail.

: Think about it, Logan. You know how much they marketed you and Sarah as successes of the Starbrights. Their successes. You two just being the latest in a long line of supernaturals isn’t nearly as buzzworthy. Especially if it’s a family with weird rumors.

Logan tries to respond. Fails. Tries again. Fails. Amelia pays no heed to the mental sputterings crawling from the wreckage of his train of thought. That can’t be true. Why? Because it doesn’t make sense! They’ve never once told me to downplay my achievements or hold back! Why would they? Maybe it’s like Amelia said. Optics. But then why not tell me? An all too familiar lightbulb switches on, its light sickly yet scorching. Because you’re not trustworthy.

: ...You might be right. There’s lots of things that parents don’t tell their kids.

He sucks in a breath and releases it, feeling his body loosen as the prior moment’s stress evaporates into the heat. His goals haven’t changed, nor what’s necessary to achieve them. It’s time to get stronger.

“Alright, then. So what do I need to do?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR
    11/17/2026
    Tuesday ~ Morning

"...I'll need you to give me your soul, naturally."

Voice cool, the silver-haired woman extends a single hand in your direction, palm held upwards as if asking you to rip your own soul out and put it in her hand. She holds the pose for more then a few seconds, face emotionless, body as still as a Greek statue might be, but eventually-

"...Just kidding, mostly."

-she just smirks, showing a rather poor sense of humor. Although Jessica -who had been slowly raising her hand as if to agree with the proposition- seems slightly disappointed at this turn in the punchline.

"I'll just need to see it. I'll have the two of you show it to me, it..." She pauses for a moment. "...Shouldn't be very difficult. It might hurt a little in the end, but that's how all training is, right?"

She turns, moving away from the both of you, hopping from one small isle of magma to the next. Her form is surprisingly good for someone who had been out of breath when you had first seen her this morning, showing a suspicious sort of vitality that doesn't quite fit the earlier gasping, although...

This one had already proven she wears at least one mask.

"For us, our body is mostly what's important." She continues as she moves away. "Our genome sequence serves as a key to a certain... Well, let's just call it a system for now, it would take too long to explain it in it's entirety. Long story short, we'll be working on attaining a new... Element of sorts today."

She stops, five islands ahead on the lava river.

"The Starbrights cut themselves off from the family awhile back... Probably the smart move on their part, getting away from the family drama... But this should still work for the both of you."

---Her eyes light up.

Even at this distance, you can see them light up. First a striking rainbow gradient color, like those crystals you had seen in your dream, then...

A vivid blue.

Unnatural blue.

Howlite blue.

---And a strange smoke-like power rises along with it.

Not reiki... Something else... Or rather...

It's reiki... Mixed with something else...?

Either way...

The flow of the magma river increases, pushing all towards the fall at the end...

"I want the two of you to try to reach me. I will stop you with everything I have, it's a simple enough task right? You win if you can get past me, I win if I can throw you both into the lava. Don't think too hard about it beyond that-!"

---A lava bath would be a new sort of pain, but it was a simulation so...

"Loser does one thing the winner wants?" Asks Jessica, as unbothered by the prospect of pain as most tamers.

"...Sure." Charlotte turns her head. "That works for me... Well, as long as it's something within reason anyway."
    Last edited by Airen; April 11th, 2024 at 07:25 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai