Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ ??? Residence
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Flame-Haired Woman
    "You did."
    As if on cue, I remembered seeing some kind of shrine in the middle of a forest. Just because I could remember visiting that shrine inside of the Aokigahara forest, it didn’t mean I was able to remember why I did it or the Davis sisters that I went with… I could chalk it up as childish curiosity or my lack of memories before the SLEPNIR… But it still felt out of place for me. Even with Hiyori egging me on, I don’t think I could justify my visit to such a dangerous place…

"Three of you liked to explore, did it all the time when you were over in America too. Looking for mysteries to solve, crimes to fight... Well, little Lexie always did like her anime... Could see where you all got the ideas from, can't say the way the world is really discourages it either."
    …I was in America with the Davis sisters? While it explained certain things like my weird familiarity with the country, I thought it was because I was a traveling independent Spirit Tamer. But judging from how the Flame-Haired Woman seemed to describe it, I was close enough with the Davis sisters to explore with them in the states as well. Maybe that explained why I started getting those intense memory flashbacks when I was with Myra. It’s because I used to play with them as a kid…

“...You’re not wrong. The world does seem to encourage it with the various mysteries popping up all the time. Combined with everyone being able to use magic or be supernaturally strong…”

"But yeah, into the woods you went, against every rule your mother and I had set for you... Said something about needing to find some sort of shrine inside it, one dedicated to some... Roman Goddess? Think it was like... Aurora? Something like that..."
    “Aurora? A Roman goddess? But I vaguely recall the temple being Japanese…”

My COMP pulled up an article on Aurora and I started considering why the Roman goddess of the Dawn was here in Japan. Could it be because Japan is the Land of the Rising Sun? But why would someone build the temple inside of the Aokigahara forest? It would’ve been better built on the Eastern coast of Japan, not inside that forest…

"But while you were exploring, you ran into some things and came out a little bruised up... Freaking out about ghosts, shrine maidens, endless paths and laughing lights... Poor Myra fainted outright. Naturally, I grounded everyone for the rest of the summer when you got back."
    “I’m sorry… I should’ve known better and stopped everyone from doing it.”

As if on instinct, I immediately bowed to the Flame-Haired Woman while saying my line to the Flame-Haired Woman as if I practiced the motion repeatedly. Even if I don’t remember how or why I ended up visiting the shrine… I felt really sorry for doing it. Like I should’ve tried harder to stop that from happening. From the sound of things, we came across a pretty scary mystery.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Starnberg Lake - Germany
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Afternoon

"...Maybe the Arayashiki? All COMP communications run through the RAILS network and the Arayashiki manages that network, but..."
    The Pulse Network, something possibly exposed to the Soul Sea, the Internet… No, I can probably discount the Internet. Probably. And then the Arayashiki. Logan frowns in thought. There’s too many candidates to follow up on. Something that many people pour their emotions into, though; that’s the critical part to keep in mind.

"Hard to say anything with any real certainty. Lots of hiding places are in plain sight, although, in other news..."
    Rice plops into the boat hard enough to make ripples, and Logan suppresses a wince. You might be able to hover, but I can’t. Her forehead crinkles as her eyes literally light up. Countless data flickers across her corneas as the telltale whirr of intense computation fills the air; it’s a stark reminder that despite her humanity, she’s still a technological being.

"There seems to be something... Odd... On the ship."
    “Odd? How so?” Of all notifications for process completion, a shrug is… an unorthodox one. It’s rather cute.

"In Ludwig's room. Something strange. Not sure if it's connected to any of this though, it's just... Sitting in there. He was talking to whatever it is an hour ago and didn't seem to be worried... So it's probably not dangerous, but it is new, wasn't here yesterday... And I think it's a woman."
    : “Oh~? So he’s the kind of guy who sneaks strange women into his room, huh. I see, I see, I’ll write that down.”

: “Ludwig’s not that sort of guy.”

: “At least, I don’t think he is…”

Circumstances differ in this world, so slight personality shifts aren’t implausible. Perhaps with his sister alive, he felt free to pursue romantic interests? Given his general maturity and ability to read minds, it’d probably be fairly simple for him. Almighty as ever, I see.

"With all this commotion, I figured it'd be best not to talk about anything strange in front of anything I didn't recognize, so... Keep an eye on him, I suppose. Can never tell what that guy's thinking."
    “Hmm…”

Ludwig’s a person of interest now. He encountered and may be harboring some sort of organism that Rice can’t get a solid read on. An organism that might’ve manifested around the same time as me. Is “she” involved? Should I investigate? Logan drums his fingers on Amelia’s surface. And then there’s Ludwig. It’s hard to imagine that he’d permit a hostile existence aboard the SLEIPNIR, let alone in his own room. Assuming that this is a matter of interest, did he determine that “she” wasn’t a threat? Are they collaborating?

An icy zephyr rasps against him.

Would he ally with a harmful entity? From what he said in the Demonic Server, he would have a reason to want to avert a tragedy, but he didn’t seem like the sort of person who would hide away in a dream. Let alone compromise reality. And then there’s that morning on the deck… The drumming stops as Logan pinches his forehead. I’m getting ahead of myself, I haven’t even confirmed the conjectures underpinning these conjectures. Focus on the concrete leads and the facts in front of me. Gain information on the situation and act from there.

“I’ll have to ask him at some point to see how, if at all, he’s related to this. But if whoever - or whatever - is in his room is something you can’t get a grasp on, then we should play it safe until we have more information. Let’s focus on gaining information from Alexia’s lab.”

Barring any other matters, it’s about time to return. The sun’s halfway set.

Spoiler:
    Spells Selected: ???, Eye of the Fates, ???, ???, ???, ???
    Spells Used: Eye of the Fates
    Heat: 6/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Hallway (Outside the Hangar Bay)
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

By the time you had made it back to shore, the sun had already begun to dip below the curve of the horizon. Crabs had scattered in your wake, running off and hiding themselves in the pale darkness of an evening sea, alongside a gathering of ducks, gently skating across the surface of the water.

---Things had seemed calm enough all together, even the restaurant boat in the distance didn't seem to feel particularly threatened by the approach of nightfall, but...

Back inside before it gets dark.

Perhaps a lesson that had been engraved in one's mind by their parents? The world becomes less certain at night, mystery more profound and thus the supernatural more active, although there are mundane dangers to wandering around on the surface of a lake at night as well, fatigue combined with slippery surfaces leading to unexpected falls and broken bones... Mundane concerns to be sure, not something a Tamer would have to worry about to any great degree, but...

Well, you had always been a little paranoid.

Fatigue is the great equalizer after all, mistakes that wouldn't ordinarily happen can happen in the midst of brain fog, but more than that...

There was a strange sort of feeling hanging over everything... Perhaps as a result of your circumstances? The World had already twisted and broken itself around you once today, so it's perfectly reasonable to want to go somewhere safer right? Someplace that could tank the damage if it happened again?

---Perhaps that's why you're back here now.

"I've paused the cameras in here. You two keep an eye out for anyone else, I'll have to devote all my processing power to undoing the locks-! Creator Alexia was always annoyingly good at making seals for things-!"

---Or perhaps, Rice had simply wanted more time to properly break into her creator's laboratory?

Indeed, the normally rather introverted girl had practically skipped back here at the idea of what was almost certainly some form of felony, let out a cackle once she found the room (it seemed her lab was attached to Alexia's personal ship in the hanger bay) before dramatically pointing towards the entrance of said bay and practically princess demanding that you keep watch.

Really, this girl might only be shy at first.

Now that you've been around her for long enough, she seems perfectly content ordering you around with that vaguely royal air of hers, the same sort of air Burroughs had possessed...

Was it a problem?

Well, that was up to you.

But as far as other intruders go, you don't expect to find much; while people occasionally linger in the living areas or outside of the simulators to take note of (or perhaps steal some spell data from if you were particularly paranoid) their fellows, no one really comes down to the hangar bay on most days, if you had to point the finger at someone that might it would be Anna, considering her ace-custom hover bike (or at least you think it's a hoverbike) lives here, but...

No one else really made a habit of flying vehicles in their spare time, much less when the ship was already grounded and thus transport to the ground via vehicle was more or less completely unnecessary.

Still, she had asked you to look out for others, and so you would-!

At least it would be simple.

Only one doorway would directly reveal Rice's position simply by walking through it, so all you had to do was make sure no one came through that door, easy, especially when no one really comes down here anyway-!

Of course, such thoughts are asking to be denied, and thus, about five minutes into your casual watch...

"...Why is this ship so big?"

A low, quiet, but somehow familiar voice reaches you from the end of the hall to your left, one that you hear only moments before that person turns the corner themselves and comes into your sight.

"Gives me a real Aoyama feeling, like the layout changes when you're not paying attention..."

Encountered: Eliza Cross

---Yep.

Familiar.

She hasn't seemed to have spotted you just yet (likely because of the shadows in this particular part of the ship), but more importantly...

...What is this person doing here?!
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Saint Vivienne ~ Dormitories
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

---In the end, the young woman just let's out a sort of strange chuckle at your answer.

"Not a complete sheep then, that's a bit surprising... A robot that's more reasonable than some people I know."

She stands up.

---The effects of the rain disappear with that motion, water-logged clothes again become impenetrable as if some sort of bizarre illusion had fallen away, and yet...

It almost feels like she approved of that answer somehow? Or at least didn't reject it outright.

"Well, I'll tell you this, following your analogy... If the World's a canvas then it was painted over by a Star, I guess you could call that Star 'God,' but it's not the God you're thinking of," she pauses, one eye closing as she regards you in the downpour, "Unlike the one you're thinking of, this 'God' actually does things. A bit of an improvement, no?"

Of course, even though you get the feeling she didn't hate your answer, her consistent shots at your religion don't seem like they're gonna stop...

Like she has some sort of problem with the Abrahamic God itself? Then again, a lot of her actions seem designed to be annoying to others, so this too might just be her pressing a button she noticed happens to annoy you.

"The old painting is still around underneath the new one but as long as the new paint holds, it can't come back."

She frowns.

---No, it's a scowl.

"If no one has a reason to jostle the painting, the new paint will eventually dry and completely replace the old. The old painting, God's Plan as it were, screwed over a lot of people, so I'm not a fan of it. If his plan for me was to toss me into a hell-pit and toss away the key, then well sorry, that God can fuck right off."

Her gaze focuses on you.

"Even if you can't agree with that last part, you should still think the same as me. You have a sister here, your mom is active and your friends are all better off in their own ways. Don't jostle the paint. Get it?"

---Shadows swirl around you both.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

It can’t be. That nostalgic voice squeezes his heart into triple-time. It can’t be! There’s no joint mission here, right!? This X-Cross focused on the Middle East, not the Arctic! There shouldn’t be any reason for her to be here!

And yet, she steps into Logan’s sight all the same.

: Logan, that’s Eliza! What do we do?

His breaths are shallow and rapid and his eyes are wide with a primal alertness. Ice squirms down his spine and on his palms as his heart spasms and his stomach churns. Why is Eliza here!? She’s supposed to be in Avalon, safe and happy with the others! Not here, and definitely not in front of me! Even in confusion, the blonde Knight’s gallant bearing shines brilliantly. His scalp itches uncontrollably and scratching it does nothing to cure the discomfort and unease and wrongness of the situation, because Logan Starbright should not be at a Knight’s side. I have to get out of here, I have to get away from here, it doesn’t seem like she’s seen me somehow what a miracle so I have to get away right now before my weakness gets her killed!

Logan turns back and sees the closed door and his breath hitches. Nails dig into palms as teeth strain against lips. His jaw clatters and his vision swims as he faces Eliza Cross.

What the hell do you think you’re doing!? Get out of here; you don’t belong by her! You don’t deserve it! He squeezes away tears and sucks in a thin breath. Yeah, I know! I failed! I ran away because I was too weak! I couldn’t even manage to say a proper goodbye! But there’s nowhere to run! And Rice trusts me! Eliza didn’t teach me to betray people’s trust! Another breath, a deeper one this time, and he can feel his white knuckles pop and then release as his fists uncurl. She still hasn’t noticed me. Maybe she’ll just go the other way.

If Logan wasn’t suppressing the urge to vomit he’d laugh his sides sore. Yeah, right. He wipes damp palms against his legs and tries with only partial success to unclench his jaw. I have to do this. I have to get her away from here. Just have to make it as short as possible. A deep breath. What if she hates me? She probably does. She’s not going to hate you. I deserve it, though. Okay, she’ll just be hurt and lash out at you because you hurt her, is that better? No! Logan gulps. Actually, how does this Eliza feel about that Logan? It must’ve been a cordial parting, right? Sarah never died here, after all. Just because one happy thing happened didn’t mean two did, though. Why on Earth did that Logan leave anyways? None of this makes any sense, dammit! The itch on his scalp returns, and he rubs at it instead of scratching; the last thing he needs is to start bleeding in front of her. Stop stalling for time and get in there, you coward!

Logan reaches into his pocket and clutches Amelia.

: Are we talking to her?

He pulls in a breath that no longer tastes of bile and feels his heart slow to double-speed.

: ...Yeah. We’re going.

Logan Starbright steps into the light. His gaze slides from her eyes to her nose as he rushes out speech. “G-Greetings, Lady Cross. How fare you on this fine evening?”

“Hi Eliza!” chips in Amelia, manifesting next to him.

Wise Up!
    Old Ties (Knights of the Round) - While you are Rothschild now, that was not always the case. Hailing originally from a different Tamer organization, the power that you gained with them was something that you kept even beyond your time there, and was almost a necessity for you to even hope to join your new team.

Due to extensive experience, you are able to possess two more custom spells of E-C rank in addition to the standard amount, as well as a second COMP frame that can be of a different classification (Weapon, Armor, Support) than your main COMP, although they share your A.I and spell library and you can only use one of them at a time due to them sharing a Dusk Core. In addition, due to possessing direct links to another faction, you are able to create an additional “bond” with a character from your former organization at no cost, as well as purchase traits that would ordinarily be locked to that same faction.

Logan Starbright first debuted as a Spirit Tamer at age 16 as a Squire of the Knights of the Round. He studied and trained under his liege Knight Eliza Cross until the untimely death of his older sister Sarah Starbright, at which point he resigned and joined Rothschild. His tenure as a Rothschild Tamer is currently slightly over one year.

The spells that Logan learned from his prior experience are Crystal Coat and Adamant Beacon, both inherited from the ideal he continuously strove for. The teacher, kindred soul, and friend he once served alongside he has not spoken to since he left. The glove he was entrusted with he is not worthy to wear.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; August 1st, 2023 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---A step that takes a shocking amount of willpower.

For those that do not understand the traumas lurking in the depths, the sheer avalanche of panic that had erupted in your soul at the sight of the blonde knightess would be bizarre; that woman is Eliza Cross, one of the daughters of Liana Cross and one of the more down to earth members of the Round Table, friendly enough in small encounters, but a woman who moved naturally away from larger crowds if she could help it, yes...

Eliza Cross is a strange one.

A charismatic and wise leader who doesn't particularly like to lead.

An incredibly powerful warrior who would rather not fight.

Has tons of fans, but is confused at this reality and doesn't quite think she deserves all the praise.

A teacher with tons of students, but who cares for all of them in a familial way in spite of the sheer volume of the task.

An existence that is a bit too close to Sarah Starbright in some ways, completely different from her in others. Perhaps that's the reason why, deep down, that panic erupts? Certainly there are other forms of stress at play here, stress and shame, the shame that comes with perceived cowardice, of running away from a friend without saying goodbye perhaps, of knowing you should call but feeling it's been too long for you to do so, so the gap simply becomes wider and wider and wider until eventually there's no comfortable way to cross it anymore.

Life sucks like that sometimes.

Humans are pitiable creatures in that way, knowingly digging themselves deep into outcomes they would rather avoid; conquered by fear instead of conquering the fear, yes...

---A perfect storm of human emotions.

For you, that's what it is, that is what must be overcome to take the step forward that you do take, however, for Eliza...

"...Ah."

A light sound, accompanied by the halting of footsteps and the single slow blink of shockingly vibrant emerald eyes.

"Logan, Amelia."

The woman smiles, unbothered by the task that you find so gargantuan and unshaken by your sudden appearance; her skin is still a healthy color, body unblemished, her clothes simple in the same way as her darker-haired sister, jeans and a dark-blue sweater, more about the pragmatism than the fashion but still making it work anyway, and-

"Figured I might run into you two eventually, but I'm happy it was sooner rather than later. This place is actually really big, isn't it? I mean it looked massive from the outside, but then you get in here and it's basically the size of a functional city... Kinda crazy, you know?"

She laughs.

"Was just looking for a good spot to eat, made a boxed-lunch this morning, didn't want to impose too much on the chefs," being a bit too considerate for her own good, the blonde woman raises the lunchbox in her left hand, a massive metallic thing that betrayed the hidden appetite that definitely clashed with her basically perfect figure, "Wound up... Wherever this is... Somehow... I guess Auntie Adala did something? Or maybe my direction sense is just... Bad..."

Her eyes go blank for a moment, caught in memories of forests full of fae.

---Forests that you remember well yourself, now that your past has literally marched out of the darkness to confront you.

"This doesn't seem like the best of places, but wanna eat with me here? Can probably make a decent set of chairs and a table out of these boxes, catch up on old times, that sort of thing."

---If there were more people around, you would definitely be getting glares right now.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

If Liesl was purposefully bringing up her religion to annoy Eva, then it was working. Eva was dissatisfied. Displeased.

Eva Ellet took her faith very seriously.

To her, her religion had not been a whim, was not some casual choice or fancy. In fact, it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that it was a core pillar that she depended on. It had shaken her greatly when she failed her original purpose of being a good daughter for her mother, Leah- and the notion that she was not completely without meaning, that there might still be room for her existence in some grander plan was one that had brought her no small amount of comfort.

That she happened to be tamer of the Rose Cross, the supernatural branch affiliated with that religion, a literal weapon for fighting- these things did not feel like coincidence.

But even though she felt quite strongly about the subject, she did not respond to Liesl’s provocation for one reason:

“… Sounds like you’ve had it quite rough. My condolences.”

Even if the other things about the girl seemed to be intended to get a rise out of Eva, Liesl’s description of her situation before this change did not. It seemed genuine, and thus evoked a little pity out of Eva.

While she would never have used such those words, and was thus unsure if their sentiments to how things were before were at all comparable in scale, she could at least empathize a little with the thought. And thus, she decided to let this latest slew of slights slide.

“Anyways… according to what you say, I don’t have any reason to jostle the paint. Reverting back to how things were was never my primary objective.”

Liesl wasn’t wrong in that sense. But this investigation was far from over, to Eva. After all-

“But that’s only true if I can trust what you’re saying- I haven’t forgotten how you treated my friend just now. Why the hostility? Why the secrecy? It hardly seems appropriate if, as you say, you’re just making things better for people.”

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"..."

For a moment, the young woman says nothing at all, although you get the feeling that it's less because she doesn't have a good answer for you and more like she's trying to figure out the best way to say it. This is odd all by itself, something that combines with the slight -ever so slight- softening of her features that had come along with your consistently level head, as if...

As if she was having a harder time keeping up the jerk facade in the face of it.

Still, after looking at you for a bit and shaking her head with a sigh, she finally moves to answer the question...

"There's a few reasons really, I know it might look like I have fun being an asshole and I sort of do I guess, but-"

Before she can actually get any more words out, a lot of things happen all at once.

Liesl's eyes widen out of nowhere and the words die on her lips. There's a bizarre creaking sound just beneath the rains, like something with broken joints was moving around in the darkness, and before you can get a grasp on the sudden heavy shift in the atmosphere, that feeling that appears when some sort of enemy launches an attack, the woman has already withdrawn her gun from it's holster in a blur of motion, a quick-draw so fast that she's already firing by the time you register she had gone for it at all-!

Three of a revolvers six shots light up the dark.

Each a flash of lightning of their own making, lightning and thunder, muzzle flash sparking brilliantly in the chaos as three crimson somethings shoot right towards you-

...No.

Your instincts hadn't fired off, weak as your sixth sense was, there was no way someone could just attack you mid-conversation while you were looking right at them, so-

"...!"

-behind you, the arm of the bizarre thing that had been quietly snaking it's way up to your back this whole time falters in a burst of scattered ceramic pieces. It sounds horrific, the same sort of noise as what one might hear during a hail storm, of something incredibly fragile being battered against the ground at high speeds, a brief symphony of broken glass, one that's joined by the sound of trees exploding from being far too cold, and... Wait a second?

Exploding trees?

Sudden cold?

You whirl around to face behind you and you see it.

A pale white arm, long, impossibly long, too long to belong to any natural being, go sliding away from you into the darkness of the trees, a strange blue-liquid oozing from the holes in it's ceramic flesh, holes provided by the bullets that had clearly been meant to remove it's wrist from it's body.

---You can't see the owner.

Although what you can hear... Is a giggle...

One that sounds just like you.

Lightning flashes again, and in the darkness of the bushes, for just a second...

You can see something with blue hair and red eyes, like a mangled, twisted version of yourself....

Gazing out at you from a break in the foliage.

Smiling with eerily blank eyes.

A doll's eyes.
    Last edited by Airen; January 4th, 2022 at 10:58 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"...Leah, huh?"

Chiyoko frowns, absentmindedly brushing her shining silver hair from her eyes.

When it came to your description of the bizarre dream castle-like place, there had been no sign of real change in Chiyoko's eyes, no sort of recognition -hidden or otherwise- just a sort of thoughtful gaze that was earnestly trying to figure out if she knew about anything like that, but that was coming up short at the end of it all, but when you mention Leah...

"Lab-coat... Did she have blue hair?"

She does make this comment, fingers drumming absentmindedly on the surface of the table, her gaze rising towards the ceiling in a thoughtful sort of way.

As for Chronos...

"We... Go quite a ways back, I suppose you could say."

Answers in a sort of vague way.

One that implies he's far far older than his youthful looks would suggest; not unheard of in the modern day of course, but you had more of a record of running into eternally youthful women than eternally youthful men...

Perhaps it's a bit of a shock?

Then again, thinking about it, most of the people in your life were girls...

Strange how that had happened, huh?

"Was quite the Demon Summoner back in the day, one with a hair-trigger temper and a lot of strong opinions on what she thought the World should be like... Real hero of justice type, liked to beat people up that didn't quite agree with her views on things, but old age mellowed her out."

Hero of justice?

...Well that doesn't really sound like her at all-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"...She did. Light blue hair, golden eyes. She was seeking a method to turn lies into truth, or something along those lines."

Looking at Chronos with minor confusion, ultimately it isn't too strange a tale to hear. After all, the existence that is Theresia Karlfeldt was one that was a mystery to Ludwig throughout his days.

An imposing figure, whose very gaze was enough to send shivers of terror within the young boy...

Really, what did he know of her in the end? Age is a strange thing, and even now the reaching for an ideal may have started as a strong opinion back in the days of yore.

Still, the visage of a young, headstrong Demon Summoner with strong opinions... how familiar.

"It would seem Leah found what she was looking for, made a wish upon a Star... is what she would have you believe."

It's true, Ludwig's life, albeit brief, saw more supernaturally young women than men, and Marlene was no exception.

"A wish that changed the course of the world, to an entity watching over the universe. A single will shining with the radiance of the sun, gifting herself a name that 'humans could comprehend'."

Marlene Binit, a name with implied meaning, and certainly there is plenty one could gleam from the name alone.

Having Lydia run some analysis on names and their meanings, two topics of interest sprung forth about Marlene. A name that holds meaning for Light, which certainly fit her motif as the radiant sun-like visage that burned Ludwig and stared down his COMP AI.

And another.

Star of the Sea. More than likely borrowing the aspects of Stella Maris, the star guiding those at sea...

Binit however, is more peculiar on its own, yet easy enough to fit with the context of all that's happened. It is a unit that describes two states within a computer system.

True, or false.

"Marlene Binit... The Star Guiding those Adrift at Sea, Turning Truth to Fiction and Fiction to Truth."

A false name, but in the end Ludwig Karlfeldt doesn't have much more on this ephemeral being. Only a weak connection, yet one deserving exploration...

An existence far brighter than a Star.

All the Inheritor can do is smile softly, as more of the insanity within his mind is illuminated.

"Strong opinions on what the world should be like... heh. Shame, would've been a most fitting mindset for what lies ahead."

Within his heart, his resolve burns a little brighter.

After all, is it not the duty of the new generation to rise as new heroes? To aspire to the height of stars, becoming a legend?

Or put differently...

To inherit the world.
    Last edited by Zurvan; January 5th, 2022 at 06:09 AM.

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

At the sight of what was in front of her, Eva leapt backwards.

Unnerved…

… or perhaps that was too mild of a word, to describe how she felt. Disturbed?

She didn’t know what exactly it was supposed to be, but at the very least, she could tell it- for reasons unknown- seemed to have similarities to her. An artificial body, a voice that sounded like her, and an appearance that vaguely resembled her. But that body, while not human and seemingly artificial in nature, was not hers. That voice, despite sounding like hers, was not hers. And that appearance, while containing her most basic traits, was most certainly not hers-

- she found the whole thing repulsive, more than anything.

Were it not for the fact that Liesl seemingly defended her from it, Eva would have assumed that this was some new scheme to bother her- attacking her own self-image, or perhaps making fun of her mother who had been the architect of all of her features. Considering her activities up until now, that would have seemed fitting.

But it didn’t seem to be the case. This… doll didn’t seem to be friendly- or at least, its behavior didn’t match any idea of friendliness Eva was familiar with. Liesl’s gunshots, as much as she didn’t want to think about it, had probably helped her out.

“… don’t expect me to thank you for that.”

If Liesl wasn’t around, she was sure that thing wouldn’t have been able to sneak up on her like that.

Still, even though it greatly disturbed Eva to look at- she wasn’t completely sure what to do. If it was made by Liesl just to annoy her, then her answer would have been straightforward- just break it- but since it wasn’t… she wasn’t sure what to make of it. If designing it after Eva was an intentional move to throw her off, then it was working. Did it have some relation to her? Was it safe to attack?

Bewildered, she decided against charging at a creature that had been doing it’s best to sneak up on her, and instead prepared herself for any sudden movements. She wanted more information before doing anything.

“But if you feel like sharing anything about what that thing is, I’m willing to listen. What is that...?”

Wise up!

Name: Eva Ellet
    Comp Heat: 2/10 (Used Sukukaja)
    When Eva is in combat mode (ready to fight seriously and hasn't been caught off guard) she gains the passive stat benefits of all three COMP types, in essence, when fighting, her base stats are effectively:

Strength: A
    Vitality: A
    Agility: B + 1
    Sense: C
    Resistance: C

Auto Skills
    - Judgement
    - Absolution

Spells:
    Auto da fe
    Spirit Chain
    Agi/Agilao/Agidyne
    Bufula/Mabufula/Marabufula
    Aura Shield
    Sukukaja (Used)

Comp Action:
    7.) Decode (Auxiliary-Type COMP Action): Concentrate on decoding any hidden attributes the opponent may have, such as encoded spell data or falsified physical parameters. Will not reveal everything at once -and can only decipher things that have actually been in use around it- but will generally become more effective the more times it is used on a single opponent. Cannot be used alongside other COMP Actions. (Used)

Blog Entries
    Aster
    Saint Vivienne ~ Nightmare
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

“X-Cross? Like the North Pole thing?” They way Aislynn implies, it sounds like they were on X-Cross, together. But that isn’t true, unless it is? But how the hell would both she and Ayra forget about going on a trip to the North Pole they both rejected? “We didn’t go. Unless you’re saying we did, in which case, excuse me?”

Aster sighs as she moves away more rubble. Aislynn goes on about their relationship—friends, a pact with Tsukiko she can’t divulge anymore information about, other than to “redo a certain day.” What day in particular? Their exams? Meeting Ayra? What she’s been told is so nondescript she could guess everything and anything.

“A very, I know what's best, so just stop questioning me and do what I say, kind of girl.”
    “That’s every damn Knight. All so stubborn about doing things their way. It’s what makes them marketable, and annoying.” Aster, in turn, rattles off her own opinion. What Aislynn is describing isn’t unique to Tsukiko, she thinks. It’s a systemic problem when you try to recruit driven, idealistic people. “But I guess she’s made some pretty unreasonable demands for you to think that way, hasn’t she?”

Ayra Lilygrove
    Saint Vivienne ~ Grounds
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Ayra blinks in surprise. It’s a pale reflection of the actual emotion she feels underneath, but one of the perks of being the face of any sort of organization is that you learn to conceal how you feel. Still, though, holy shit. Is that why Aster’s been silent all this time? Will canceling Mirror Image fix the problem? Or make it worse?

“I didn’t hear about that,” she lamely admits. She sounds surprised, but not panicked, which is good, because if it’s reflected in her voice she’s doomed. All her precious work for the greater good, gone to smithereens. Even if she’s about to lose it, she is beholden to the facade. She can’t let it drop.

“It’s definitely something I should check up on, though… If I really do have an imposter, I’m certain that’s a felony of some kind.” Ayra doesn’t like how Catherine is clearly gauging her reactions, because while she doesn’t show it, emotions are running high and she’s on auto-pilot, trying to make sense of things. Is she overacting? Underreacting? Is this how she cracks? Ousted by a teenage prefect at her old high school?

“If everything’s fine here, I’m going to check it out myself. Is that alright?”

She doesn’t know why the hell she’s asking for permission. She’s a Knight and can do whatever the heck she pleases.

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"Yes. The North Pole thing, you did go, you just don't remember it anymore... Or something like that, really, it's quite the bizarre mess we've all wound up inside..."

Should I bother to explain what I know?

Even I don't really get the specifics of how this whole Reverie Complex thing works, so it might just confuse her more, but...

"Or rather, I guess you can say you're still there right now."

I stop moving, let out a sigh, and then...

"We're all asleep. Like all the time. Replaying old memories for the purpose of changing them, it's a real backwards ass method of changing the past. Change everyone's memory of what happened and the world will shift to reflect it, paradox-free... In theory, anyway. There was some paper on quantum mechanics supporting it. But in practice... Things sort of seem to have spiraled out of everyone's control..."

I shrug.

"Guess that's what happens when people try to mess with the collective unconscious."

______

Ayra Lilygrove
    Saint Vivienne ~ Grounds
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"...mmm."

The girl makes a vaguely affirmative noise, chocolate-brown hair shifting slightly in the growing winds as she nods at you.

"Definitely a felony. Identity theft is a very serious crime."

In this regard, she is being rather frustratingly ambiguous; of course it's understandable for her to be curious, one does not typically see a knight collapsed randomly somewhere (unless that knight is Raz)but the incredibly stoic way the girl processes information just makes her difficult to read in spite of it all...

"You're not a student, so I can't stop you. Do as you like, Lady Lilygrove."

Nevertheless...

"If I may give some advice though..."

She frowns.

"...Shadow clones are probably best designed to disappear when captured, the knights have some... Extreme fans... As I'm sure you know. A girl's three sizes are a sacred bit of information, no?"

A flicker of sympathy passes through the stoicism.

...Well, at least she seems to think it's relatively innocent... For a given factor of innocent...

____

Rossweisse
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ ??? Residence
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    “Aurora? A Roman goddess? But I vaguely recall the temple being Japanese…”
    The woman nods.

"You guys picked up on that as kids too... Part of the reason you were all so curious about it, lots of little things didn't add up about it."

She frowns at this, as if talking about the memories was dragging some of her own out of the shadows of her consciousness; it's not enough to break her cheerful demeanor by any means, but there's a definite shift in her stance -weight of the body shifting from one leg to the other- as the woman's eyes narrow in thought.

"Weird placement, mixed up cultures, a ghostly woman with sad eyes and the mute shrine maiden who attended to her..."

She shrugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    “I’m sorry… I should’ve known better and stopped everyone from doing it.”
    You bow, instinctively.

"Stop it. It was ages ago, kid."

And she places her hand on your head instinctively, ruffling it -again- in a way that again hints at a natural sort of paternal intimacy...

"No one got seriously hurt, just a little spooked by spirits. It happens. Thought it was a good life lesson, although if you forgot about it, couldn't have been too scary, eh?"

She grins.

Ruffles your hair a bit more, and...

"Now let's deal with this tree business and go have breakfast, eh? Hiyori is probably freaking out about it already, right? Impatience of the youth~"

---Well, Hiyori did just send you a message...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Aster can certainly process the implication of Aislynn’s words, but the idea is completely, utterly insane. Their entire reality was a subjective illusion created to revise the real thing? A simulation that could, in fact, affect the outside. The idea is preposterous, but…

“So, if you're telling the truth, it’s a similar situation to another problem I’ve encountered,” Aster msues, reflecting on the problem of a “squire that only exists on Avalon.” Except in this case, rather than an island, it was the entire world being affected? Good lord.

Of course, this notion is impossible to refute, but she can’t help but feel that the name Alcheringa was less than metaphorical. If reality was a dream, what was this? The gaps in the prison made manifest?

Might as well keep asking for more information, even if she doesn’t believe it herself.

“Okay. I can’t say I believe it, but I’ll operate on the idea that what you’ve said is correct. In that case, you remember a reality different to the one I’ve experienced, right? And you’re akin to a lucid dreamer—aware, but not quite in control. Is that it?” Aster has practically stopped trudging through rubble at this point, fully devoted to computing the magnitude of the problem.

“Then, I have a question to ask. How far back were things different? The X-Cross mission is one change, but since people are attempting to rewrite memories to change reality itself, there has to be more drastic things altered than which group of tamers went on a certain mission.”

Redoing one day echoes in her mind. Aster considers the possibility, as crazy as it is. That in this “original” reality…

Things were never that perfect after all.

“Like say, our school days?”

Ayra Lilygrove
    Saint Vivienne ~ Grounds
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Ayra can only sigh sheepishly. She’s been caught red-handed, but at least this student in particular doesn’t seem to be eager to blow her cover. In that case, wouldn’t showing up reveal to the world that she does have a duplicate spell? On the other hand, she practically has to resolve this herself. Serena would be on her ass immediately, especially if she didn’t independently do damage control.

“It’s the first time there’s been a problem like this,” she admits, the truth being the best way to not have to reveal her hand. “I’m a bit worried.”

“As for what you’ve said…” Ayra can only imagine how thoroughly unprofessional one of those students would have to be for them to take her measurements while she, or rather, Aster, was on a stretcher or in an infirmary bed. Absolutely deplorable. Depraved. “You’d think one of those modeling outlets would have leaked it already…”

Truthfully, as weird as it is, she figures that kind of speculation is inevitable. God only knows she’s seen people’s scarily close approximates while ego-searching. The price for being a public figure was the complete, utter lack of respect people had for her privacy. It bothered her at first, but she’s spent four years living as a Knight. It’s just a bittersweet reality now.

“Well, I’ll take a look. I’d rather have tomorrow’s headline be about my botched hidden technique than about my sudden fainting spell. Thanks for the advice, though.”

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"Leah Ellet then, one of Alexia's kids."

---Again, both Chronos and Chiyoko seem to entirely ignore your comments on Marlene, to the point where you are growing more and more unsure of if they are actually hearing you talk about her at all; indeed, while they do seem to be following along with the conversation to a degree, it's only the parts directly relevant to Leah that seems to cause conscious recognition in their eyes...

"Kids in the student sense I mean, not kids like... Well, children."

The silver-haired woman explains herself with a chuckle, head falling into her hands and the smile on her face like that of a chesire cat...

"Top-Class Spirit Smith, genius student of the cognitive sciences, researcher on dreams and the collective unconscious... One of those, you know? The type that's most interested in those things that don't make sense... Probably because she has a firm belief that everything should in fact make sense, but... Turn lies into truth... Delusions into reality..."

She tilts her head.

"Sounds grandiose enough for her... Scientists nowadays love being a little theatrical in their work."

She makes a big sweeping motion at this, like a magician brandishing an invisible cape at a crowd, before...

"...Huh, guess their bodies finally gave out on them. Serves em right for abusing their bodies like they do."

Making a strange remark, as her gaze goes over your shoulder, back to where everyone else was...

"..."

...Asleep?

Casually, easily, without a single sign of struggle or outer cause...

The others had fallen asleep where they sat, heads on tables, or in Anna's case...

On the counter, hand still gently holding onto a drying cloth for the glasses...

Weird.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Aster
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

How far back?

Now that's a good question, and not one that I'm one hundred percent on myself when it comes down to it. I'm not like the humans, my curse explicitly bars me from being so, try as I might like to link myself with them as a whole it just doesn't work out... Of course this probably saved me from whatever method they used to hit everyone else through the unconscious, but...

"Well my own perceptions are a bit... Wacky..."

I admit, sounding a bit childish in spite of my best efforts to the contrary.

I mean really, wacky? Who says that nowadays?

"But yes, I guess you could say I'm a lucid dreamer, I've seen all this play out in... A few ways, honestly."

Of course that's not the part she cares about, I can see where this little mental thread of hers is going, and yeah...

Maybe.

It could be like that I guess...

"The actual specifics are beyond me, I don't think the system was activated properly, so how far back everyone got thrown is a bit... Questionable. The limit would be... Sometime in early 2009 I suppose? That's as far back as the digital records of the planet go and the big-shots wanted things to be as close to the original course as possible, with the exceptions of a few key events."

I start back up on my cleaning, moving down the halls and towards the stairs, swatting cobwebs out of my way as I go.

"Like the clock-tower here, at Saint Vivienne. Pretty sure it originally burned down, and that made the mission impossible for some reason."

I shrug.

"Probably because it's some sort of door. Something about it leading somewhere important, somewhere you couldn't get to in any other way... If you knew how to use it right."

My footsteps come to a stop on the second floor, as my musings of Aster's train of thought lead to me considering some things myself, and...

"Burned down while we were here the first time I think, so yeah... Guess it's likely we got zapped back to the school days. It all sort of... Blends together for me sometimes. Downsides of not being a part of humanity I guess, I go through all of this in a bizarre haze all my own!"

---

Ayra Lilygrove
    Saint Vivienne ~ Nurse's Office
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"I'd agree with that decision, less long-term damage that way."

It was those words of Catherine's that had been her farewell to you.

You couldn't really afford to stick around too much longer if you wanted to catch up to the kids who apparently had Aster, of course, exactly what you were going to explain to those kids was a question all their own, one that perhaps has your head buzzing with questions as you dart through familiar fields and stairwells and hallways, all in search of an ever-distant convoy that had apparently been moving pretty fast for a bunch of young adults in training, but...

...In the end, it seems that they had made it to the infirmary in one piece.

The nurse's office is just as you remember it, visibly clean, pristine and with that strong anti-septic smell that always seems to hover over medical clinics. You -or rather Aster- have been laid out cleanly atop one of the cots, the only patient in this room that had always been pleasantly quiet, and overlooking her with intelligent eyes, the only other person in the room, is...

"...Strange. No common drugs in the bloodstream or injuries of any sort, yet absolutely no response to outside stimuli..."

...A nurse you don't recognize from your own school days.

Or at least, what you can only assume is the nurse, given her lab-coat, ID Badge and quiet examination of Aster's (your) eyes, a small flashlight clicking on and off in a gloved hand as she mutters about her condition...

The kids from before are nowhere to be found, but this one...

Gives off the aura of a strict person...

Perhaps she chased them off after their delivery?

"Seems like I'm just destined to have interesting first days on the job..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---Alarming.

It would hardly be out of place for the people of the SLEIPNIR to crash due to their overexertion. Whether that'd be in Brewed Awakenings, where even the power of coffee wasn't enough to save them, or in one of the Training Simulators after spending their time there for far longer than is reasonable.

In this instance however, such an occurrence can only be seen as a manifestation of the supernatural. Were it only some of the staff, or even just Astra there would not be much cause for alarm. After all, from what Ludwig could tell she's always been eager to train further and further.

Perhaps she had something to prove?

Then again, Logan was much the same in that regard, maybe it was just a competitive spirit?

However, it wasn't just them that fell asleep...

Still clutching a drying cloth --a sign that she was busy right until the moment-- was Anna Ashford, the Queen of Coffee herself. The pilot of the ship that had been able to retain consciousness to the point of absurdity, yet there she lay.

And so, the notion that she along with her peers had simply fallen asleep? Preposterous.

The Karlfeldt eyes each of the sleeping crewmembers with a gaze that doesn't betray any of his inner emotions, then returns his gaze to Chiyoko and Chronos.

He had intended to share the information regarding the World, it's
    old
    newest
    Administrator, in the faint hope of a possibility.

An awakening to the truth, hidden behind the Veil of Cognition. Naturally stating these matters clearly would not do, but somewhere deep down Ludwig was aware of that already. After all, he had experienced the vague and cryptic ways of Alexia before. Even with Astra just prior he chose to remain more vague about matters rather than state them outright.

It had only been because of Wright quite literally throwing the boy in a dream world that he was able to realize that something was majorly off about his reality.

Instead, what seemed to occur was that statements and logic that defied the Common were filtered out. Given Marlene's confidence, it's hardly surprising.

...So then, what exactly caused this scene?

If it were due solely to Ludwig's meddling, then surely Chiyoko and Chronos should have fallen asleep as well, as neither of them gave any indication of hearing the more insane words the Inheritor spoke. It seems unlikely to tie back to the vague threats Lydia had heard of, the horrors in the Kakera no Umi or the invasion of the Sefirot. It only follows then that neither of them would have awakened to any sort of lucidity within this dream-reality.

Yet... they remained awake.

Did his ramblings have some effect after all, is it merely his presence that holds some influence, or are these two much more powerful existences that can weather the storm of the supernatural?

"...How unlike either of them."

There exists one more possibility.

Rising from his seat, walking over to Astra and Anna, Ludwig continues.

"This may sound strange, but do either of you recall any recent events that don't match up to how things should be?"

He gently prods one of the ship pilot her cheeks, without any real response.

"Maybe theApathy Syndrome...?"

Looking over towards Astra, for a brief moment the Telepath considers what happened previously with the pair. How she was agitated towards him, citing how his first response to strange events would be to take a look within the afflicted their mind.

Perhaps she was right...

How he relented, and slowly she spoke her mind instead... and all the revelations that followed afterward. A reunion of family both long-dead and living. A glimpse beyond the Veil.

Death.

A sane mind would not dare intrude...

Surely, surely there'd be defenses in place if this was the doing of Marlene, right?

Now that the idea of peering within this supernatural sleep has entered Ludwig's mind, it festers and grows. Curiosity overcoming caution. Curiosity has always been one of Ludwig's greatest faults, leading to various mistakes, especially on social grounds.

Yet, there are times when it is better not to know, especially when dealing with the supernatural.

It is a lesson the boy knows of, yet he has yet to truly learn it.

As for Anna's mind... perhaps it's peculiar, but Ludwig's mind doesn't even entertain the notion of invading hers as she is now. Most likely any mind that's trained to withstand prying won't fall simply due to being asleep, yet that's not the reason why.

It's much simpler than that, however he is unaware of it.

The boy sighs.

Just a glimpse.

That is all. Nothing more.

Ludwig...

I know, but... even you have to admit this isn't normal.

That doesn't mean you can just jump in as you like! I told Rhea that you'd be better!

It wouldn't be that bad, just a moment. Just to make sure that their sleep isn't putting them in any danger. Neither of us know what brought this on, or just what to expect.

...Hrnnng..... Only a glimpse! You check on them and that's that! I will personally launch you into a wall if you're overstaying your welcome got it!!!

In the end, Lydia lets her precious younger brother fall to his bad habit, good intentions or no.

At least he's aware of it now.

Lydia shifts from trying to get a read on Chronos to observing the vicinity.

While Ludwig---

"Chiyo, Chronos. Be careful, we may want to move away from here... to not disturb their sleep and all."

---focuses his mind.
    Last edited by Zurvan; January 19th, 2022 at 03:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    ???
    12/22/2026
    Evening

"...I see."

In the end, even her ultimate response to your words is an enigma.

No emotion arises in her voice, no change in her movements can be detected; the rhythmic taps of a staff on the ground maintain their silent vigil amidst the roaring winds, and...

"So that's the shape of your consciousness, then? Very well... I suppose that makes sense."

...Softly.

So soft that she almost can't be heard, that person finally speaks in a more asserting manner; the questioning tone fades away, the tapping stops, and-

"Then let me tell you this, for us, the moment death takes us is the same moment we commit our greatest possible sin."

-blunt words, filled with a clear -if grim- sort of determination.

"Did you not consider the enemy's actions? It has abandoned all attempts at defense in order to destroy this form, it seeks that outcome above all things."

A hint of a smile crosses her face, albeit, a bizarre smile. It's pained, like the woman thought these words were somehow amusing, finding some sort of irony in the situation that you can't quite process yourself...

"It is...More than willing to make the proposed trade, it for you, it's quite the deal. Like a... How do the humans of this time say? A half-off sale?"

---A chuckle.

Yes, a bizarre chuckle, a laugh at something that really wasn't that funny.

"We cannot afford to die. Not yet. That is what I wanted to stress to you."

She finally turns around, cerulean hair falling into vivid golden eyes...

"No matter what happens in the future. No matter how bad things look or become, you are not someone that has the luxury of embracing oblivion... For any reason."

She takes a step closer.

Eyes disappear beneath her hair, and...

"If your desire is to 'protect,' living is the best thing you can do. Do you understand?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

Just enough of a peek into the mind to make sure that everyone is okay, that this isn't the start of the same sort of nightmare that had ultimately led you straight to LUCID.

---It's a bit stronger than the usual pull, surprisingly so, like the moment you had opened the door into Astra's thoughts, something had grabbed ahold of your mind from the other end and pulled you a bit further than you had meant to probe into the depths of her consciousness...

Or at least, what you can only assume is the depths of her consciousness.

Light had blinked away, flickering off like a television set after the power button's been hit. It's not a long lapse in your sight, no, it's a short flicker that ultimately doesn't seem to change much around you... Yes, that's the strange part, normally a dive into the thoughts of others was more... Complex, a swirling sea of images and sounds that represent the chaos inherent to the human mind, but right now, peering into Astra's thoughts...

It's all...

The same?

The dim light of Brewed Awakenings is still present, you still seem to be in the cafe -albeit, 'standing' behind Astra's own eyes now- but...

"Looks like bold lover boy over there is out cold, man, your caffeine delivery skills are slipping Anna."

"Even caffeine has limits... And it's not like that-!"

...She's perfectly conscious inside of her thoughts, making a teasing poke at a certain pilot -who is still washing glasses- while flipping through the pages Alexia had given her, errant thoughts about it all being rambling nonsense running through the back of her mind...?

This was...

A bit too close to reality wasn't it?

Dreams are normally more chaotic than this...

And peering over at what they seemed to be talking about, you can see...

Yourself...?

Asleep on the table?

It's as disorienting as always, maintaining two different viewpoints at once, but...

Back with your body, Chiyoko...

"No need to run off, everyone on this ship sleeps like they're in a coma."

Doesn't seem particularly alarmed by any of your words, although her eyes...

Are sparkling in a strange way.

Like...

She was stressing not leaving as important...?

Maybe you were looking too much into it.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    SLEIPNIR
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

And so, a glimpse is all it is.

A short window into a scene that wasn't quite as feared. In actuality, remembering what happened due to the emergence of a nightmare has caused the boy to become too protective.

Paranoid, even.

Thus, despite the scene itself presenting nothing out of the ordinary, the ESPer's terror grows...

His mind letting go off the connection to Astra's consciousness he thinks to himself. Different world versions... is it another attempt to single people out like last time?

Or is this because I spoke her name... a more invasive correction to the Common?

If nothing else, it seemed like these two weren't in any danger, but---

"Everyone? All at once? And this... doesn't alarm either of you?"

--it offers no explanation for the events unfolding.

And those eyes... telling to stay here. The boy's paranoia grows without pause.

"Then... why aren't either of you two asleep?"

Was it because he had been conversing with the pair? Was their cognition not quite as filtered as previously assumed, was this pair simply more used to such inexplicable supernatural phenomena?

Or were they aware of something more than they wished to share?

If everyone is asleep, is it possible to speak more freely about the nature of this reality?

Perhaps we should stay. Moving about may cause some inconsistencies between both version. Well assuming Alexia-Nee's quantum simulations is spot on, that could be exactly what's needed in order to make people more aware of all this---

No... if Alexia's quantum simulation papers were any indication, Marlene simply observes the version that has us asleep.

Hold on, if this is Marlene's doing then why would she bother making a split in events at all?

...Maybe she didn't spare me at all back then. Maybe... something else is keeping this dream-reality in place. A place she can't reach from within here... Lydia, scan the environment for anything out of the ordinary.

For now, the boy leaves his hypothesis unfinished. Whether this situation will be the same as the LUCID invasion, or if it turns out to be something entirely will be experienced one way or the other.

All that matters now, is that he must not forget anything else.

He cannot perish seeking the truth anymore. For once, the boy cares about his own survival, a small victory perhaps.

But questions remain.

For now, he'll just continue conversing with these two ancient souls.

"Chiyo, Chronos... you know something, don't you?"