Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 135358616263
Results 1,241 to 1,258 of 1258

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

  1. #1241
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,117
    Blog Entries
    5
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds


    ---In the end, as much thought as you put into things, the Pendragon Way was still to smash the opponent with pure force. Of course you had used your head to open up this possibility in the first place, attacking in a bizarre manner with what tools you possessed as a fighter, but there can be no mistake for what this moment is, this moment of sheer physical might, of swirling water and reiki, magical energy continuing on as a hammer that relentlessly pounds at the World around yourself, and propels a warship downward in that most absurd of sword strikes.

    Yes.

    ---This is what it means to participate in a battle of the supernatural, this is the 'reality' that the humans of this era live in, and one that Tamers have submerged themselves in to the point where they will likely never be 'normal,' again, indeed...

    This world is one with a damaged common sense, where magic and science coexist and affect the World in their own ways; it is both a step forward in the Age of Men and a regression to the time of the arcane, a reawakening of sorts of the ancient humanity in the modern day, that lived and breathed the supernatural in the same way as the other beings of their age did, the time of Gods was the same era as that of the Heroes after all, and...

    ...Scary.

    In that regard, modern day 'humanity' is a force that some might find frightening; Heroes are born within it's depths constantly, and this sort of scene, this chaotic storm of destruction, of sheer physical might, is not one that you find to be particularly odd, after all...

    This was just how the Server was, this was just how the World was, and being able to have that sort of thought, yes...

    Perhaps the inhabitants of this world are, by the standards of any other, all a little insane?

    But no matter.

    ---A makeshift hammer descends, the phantom remnant of a war long past. It's in remarkably good condition for something of it's size and apparent age, of course some items are known to actually get stronger over time in a supernatural sense (such items typically being something with a specific name, a label, something that can be noted in the collective unconscious) this particular ship doesn't have a recognizable name at all, or rather, considering the situation, you can't tell much about it other than the fact that it's some sort of German Destroyer, your hands are having a difficult time tearing into it directly (meaning it's at least enchanted in some way) and that it also hadn't taken any notable damage from being right inside of a literal explosion earlier, nevertheless...

    You don't care too much either, at this point, the ship is effectively a hammer-!

    One that comes crashing down without mercy upon the body of a particularly obstinate crab, and-!



    ---Another crash, as the massive crab is struck head on, force shooting down through it's body, an audible cracking sound ringing out even through the depths of the ocean as the remainder of the force -unresisted by the entity- shoots down into the sands below, sending massive shards of rock shooting out throughout the depths of the bay.

    Considering the weight of the bludgeon you had used, this blow is a singular one, no, not just that...

    ---A lot of the force you had used had shot back up your own arms, like suffering a bad hit in baseball, the ship vibrating violently as -unlike the crab- it does not give or bend at the impact in any way.

    ...This itself is strange too, considering a ship made back in the non-magic era should still show more obvious visible signs of damage, but...

    Down below, amidst the still swirling sands, the crab's gaze turns back towards you, and...

    Unceremoniously, in an almost coward esque manner, it seems to have a eureka moment of sorts and starts moving away from you in an obvious attempt at fleeing...

    Ordinarily, you might just think this is because it is clearly heavily wounded, but...

    No.

    This time around, as a ship starts floating back up towards the surface once again...

    Your sixth sense... Working for once in your life...

    ...Is warning you about the ship for some reason, as if your little stunt of using it like a sword...

    Had... Shaken something awake?

    Something the crab saw fit to run from?

    Either way, you...
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

    Tell me.

    Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?


    What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.


    Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

    Will they be able to show it to me?



  2. #1242
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,117
    Blog Entries
    5
    DTG
    Avalon ~ Camelot, Tintagel Gardens
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning


    ---Surprisingly, the silver-haired man seemed right at home with a cigarette between two fingers, as if it was a long lost habit that he had finally found a way to indulge in once more; indeed, the movements of the (seemingly most pure) of the current Knights of the Round were somewhat reminiscent of a punk rather than the knight in shining armor he portrayed himself to be, and nodding in understanding at your words, you again get the feeling that you're seeing a somewhat more rare side of this particular knight, or rather...

    His less savory habits.

    Ones that had nothing to do with his current status as a knight, hell, ones that had probably existed long before that, and...

    "..."

    ...Blowing out a cloud of smoke up into the perpetual golden skies of this island, the youth that seemed far far older than his appearance suggested, simply chuckles in the end at your warning, as if the idea that Raz would wander over here (rather than fall in a desperate last burst of effort from the squires to avenge the purity of their early morning air) but...

    He does.

    ---However, the reaction is not what one would expect, or perhaps, if thinking about it for more than a few seconds, it is actually exactly the reaction that any sane human being would have to this current situation, namely...

    He doesn't react to the flirting.

    Not at all, oh no, instead...

    Eyes lock on the abomination before him.

    It's screaming, it's literally screaming, it's somehow screaming as it's existence becomes a manifest sin, a blight on reality, a swirling curse that had to actually exist within the collective consciousness, considering how "Mystery Food X," always came out in this sort of form regardless of the ingredients used, indeed...

    Screaming is something it also always does, because it's existence is misery, and even it knows that to be the truth of the matter.

    It's a low energy scream, but a scream nonetheless, one that all of Avalon's inhabitants can hear and be saddened by... It's truly a tragedy, some of the squires had been lost in the battle, their consciousness giving out in the face of such a horrific evil... A lot of them were simply children after all, and this is not the sort of thing that just any child could handle, even one that was training to be a Tamer, but...

    ---Even the Tamers can't handle it well, hell...

    Even the Knights... Can't handle it too well...

    "..."

    Eyes bulge out.

    A cigarette almost seems to shrivel up in the presence of this 'chocolate,' and...

    Zerah sprints away, towards the door of a Throne Room that is now opening now, opening because the King must have sensed something was amiss outside, but more concerning than that...



    ...Is how a certain vampire, Isako, dips her finger into the screaming chocolate (for some reason she doesn't seem to comprehend that it's screaming, or she doesn't seem to care) and after doing the impossible and voluntarily tasting it after that, she...

    "...It's not so bad, what's everyone screaming about?"

    Oh no...

    ...Another one...?!

    Well, putting that impossibility aside...

    Seemed like it was time to go see the king...
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

    Tell me.

    Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?


    What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.


    Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

    Will they be able to show it to me?



  3. #1243
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,420
    Blog Entries
    71
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds

    "...?"

    What was this?

    When was the last time his sixth sense had warned him like this? Blaise didn't know the answer, and he didn't exactly want to know. What he did know was that he shouldn't ignore a warning like this. Ignoring his instincts usually came at a cost, and if there was one thing Blaise wasn't, it was stupid. Thus, he needed a new plan - and fast. The metal behemoth was rising towards the surface, rising towards him once more and with it came the further sense of danger that just kept rising.

    So if it was rising as the vessel was rising, there was only one thing to do---!

    "Hrrrrn!"

    With a straining of his muscles, Blaise spread his arms and struck the water, sending himself downwards - towards the ship. With the vibrations still running in his bones, he couldn't completely trust his hands. But as luck would have it, he didn't need to. For this, his legs would suffice. And the good thing about raw power, utter strength when it came to humans limbs was...

    Legs were more powerful than arms.

    "HAAAA!"

    With a ferocious roar that was made inaudible by the waters pressing down on him, Blaise pulled up his legs, hovering for a moment in the air as the warship barreled up towards him. He focused his physical might into his lower body, becoming for a moment like a bow pulled back to the utmost. A string so tight that it no longer even quivered underneath the strain.

    In terms of kyūdō - the art of Japanese archery: Kai, the full draw of the bow. Tsumeai, the constructing of vertical and horizontal lines of the body. And Nobiai, uniting the expansions of the body.

    And then... Hanare.

    Release.

    "--- AAAAAHH!"

    Letting loose all his magical power in a flash of power, Blaise shot his legs downwards like two piledrivers. At the same time his magical energy activated, the dragon jets roaring to life once more. This time, however, they were concentrated on two specifics spots. The bottoms of his feet. The water bubbled, boiled and evaporated from the heat generated, surrounding the young man in an aura of a storm. The feet crashed against the deck of the ship with a massive sound, using it as a springboard for what Blaise was about to do. Yes, this was like delivering two strikes from battering rams, wielded by an army hundred strong, just for the sake of distancing himself from the danger. Now, in the truest sense, his magical power became a duo of main thrusters of a spacecraft that would send him to the orbit - or in this case, to the surface.

    A magical blast of pure power, accompanied with a double-kick that had all of Blaise's strength behind it.

    And the ship was the launching pad.

    From there, Blaise would shoot straight upwards, towards the air and the surface, breaking free from the combat and hopefully putting enough distance between himself and the ship!

    Meanwhile, the ship would be sent crashing down towards the ocean bottom, creating even more distance between himself and the present danger!

    In other words, he wanted to put himself in the most advantageous position for whatever was about to happen.

    And the icing on the top...!

    "Take it. My farewell gift, food thief," Blaise's cold voice rang out under the water, his eyes squarely focused on the fleeing crab.

    Blaise's aim with that kick?

    The target of the ship he'd sent hurtling downwards?

    ----- The fleeing demon!


  4. #1244
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,117
    Blog Entries
    5
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds


    ---Time to go.

    You didn't have the best sixth sense so in the world, so when it went off, that meant that you were either lucky, or something seriously bizarre was going on; trusting in that reality, and perhaps a bit paranoid from the last encounter with a certain bizarre species of cat, you gather up all your power to rocket forth from the bay, shooting down the ship at a fleeing crab that clearly felt the same sense of 'wrong,' from the ship as you did, and...

    ---You emerge as a geyser.

    Rocketing forth into the air, losing sight of the final moments of the continued exchange between ship and crab, your brute force leap carries you far out of the depths of the starlit waters. It had already been sort of dark here, with the waters a clean but persistent black, but your almost desperate rush from the area carries you all the way to the beach, a beach where Tsukiko is already mid-stride back towards the water, the massive tuna having met it's fate near the bonfire with a casually sitting Tony, and...

    "...Eh?"

    Still clad in her swimwear, the dark-haired vampire responds to your bizarre retreat with a tilt of her head, and an almost audible question mark as you land next to her... In the distance, Isamu maintains his magically assisted use of the fishing rods, a bit too far away to see the expression on his face, but calling out with a "what's up?" all the same as he notices the speed of your retreat, after all...

    It's not really like you to run, still...

    Before you can really answer...

    ---There's a sound like a cannon going off, just a single shot, a single piercing crack and then...

    Silence.

    ...Silence as the ship slowly emerges from the depths of the bay with all the slow energy of the ghost ships of lore...

    Looking at it now...

    Or rather, looking at it now with Kaguya's help...

    It was definitely German make, specifically a Z1 Class ship, 1934 style of German Destroyer... There were a number of plantlife growing off of it, so it was difficult to get a look at any of the more distinguishing aspects of it's existence at first, but...

    Z3 Max Schultz...?

    It's old.

    Considering the style that much had already been obvious, but information from the database seemed to be saying that this was the Z3 Max Schultz, built shortly before World War 2, and sunk in 1940... Considering the nature of demons as conceptual entities, it was possible that the reason you had felt a burst of danger from it was because the ship itself was a demon, but...

    Only 1940... That felt a bit too recent...

    It's entire crew had went down with it, so maybe it was just a haunted ship...?

    Those sorts of things could pop up in the Server too, but even so, you had dealt with ghosts more than a couple of times in your life, and this...

    This still makes you feel a bit uneasy.

    It's not as bad now as it was a moment ago... And you can't quite place why it feels off at all, other than the fact that it might have just fired it's own cannons off a second ago... But...

    "...What the hell?"

    Eyes flickering with suspicion at the sight of the ship swaying (seemingly peacefully) in the bay, Tsukiko...

    "I was gone for like... Thirty seconds... Did you go treasure hunting without me? Beat the crab that fast? I was coming back to help, you know?"

    ...Doesn't seem to be quite as worried about it as you, which is a bit concerning, considering...

    You were pretty sure her senses were better than yours...
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

    Tell me.

    Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?


    What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.


    Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

    Will they be able to show it to me?



  5. #1245
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,117
    Blog Entries
    5
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning


    "A bracelet?"

    Peering over the counter at the image, eyes narrowed slightly in obvious focus, the dark-haired woman again makes an obvious effort to recall more distant memories before:

    "No, I don't think so... Sakurako-chan always seemed to do her best to avoid drawing attention to herself, something like jewelry... That doesn't really fit the girl I knew, don't think she'd wear something that extravagant..."

    Of course, at a glance it's not particularly flashy, but...

    It was obvious what she meant, the bracelet clashed with her choice in style... Sakurako was clearly an all-black, Gothic sort of girl, some sort of flashy crystal didn't really fit the image she was trying to give off with her clothing, but...

    This did mean the crystal might be responsible for her change in apparent personality, the difference between the Sakurako of Aislyn's memory, and the Sakurako that had met with Chris at the aquarium, yes...

    The Crystal had seemed to have a sort of hypnotic quality to it... Perhaps her Master had given it to her as a bizarre sort of medicine for her Shadow Possession? An item that would constantly work to undermine the symptoms of her other condition? It would be much like treating an illness with an illness but it wasn't impossible, of course, that also dragged the morality of her apparent Master into harsh scrutiny too...

    If someone really wanted to help her, shouldn't they convince her to seek out professional help?

    Rather than relying on what was seeming more and more like some sort of cult leader?

    Nevertheless...

    "I'm happy to see she seems more animated nowadays though... She always seemed like she was struggling to me, repressed, during her best to keep her own feelings locked down, like she thought some sort of monster would jump out of her if she wasn't careful..."

    Smiling sadly, the waitress shakes her head after a moment.

    "If I see her again I'll tell her your message, although she hasn't really been around here in awhile... I could keep a look out for her at night, if you want?"

    Nothing you hadn't been able to figure out on your own, but...

    ---In the distance, you can hear the sounds of chattering laughter and wings...

    Yes.

    It seemed like the fairies were approaching...

    And when they got here... They were definitely going to...

    Assert their existence in a way that would probably bring an end to this morning...

    "Just need your RAILS number, and then I can send you anything I find out~!"
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

    Tell me.

    Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?


    What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.


    Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

    Will they be able to show it to me?



  6. #1246
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,420
    Blog Entries
    71
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds

    "... There's something wrong with the ship."

    Blaise's answer was short and to the point.

    The reason for it was simple.

    He had been the one who had suggested this trip in the first place, and dragged these two with him. More than that, it had been his idea to go here, to the beach. Meaning that he was, at least in his own mind, responsible for the safety of those with him. While he had no doubt that Tsukiko could handle herself just fine, Blaise was still the reason as to why she was here. Which was why he had to act as the responsible party here.

    In other words...

    "It was enough to get even my sense to warn me. Keep your guard on. Whatever's up with that ship was enough to make the crab flee, and I just... well, shot that ship at the crab. The boat is probably none too happy about it," Blaise continued to explain, keeping his voice calm and steady while his eyes scanned the warship in the bay. "And be ready to evade if those cannons start firing. Judging from the sound, they're fully functional. Just like the ship. It was... resistant to my strength. That should say enough."

    Having said that, the blonde boy turned towards the pier where he saw his other friend.

    "Isamu! Get back to the share. Don't take your eyes off that thing," Blaise gave a loud order, motioning the boy to retreat. "We might have trouble."

    Yes. Blaise was getting worried. While the warship would most likely not prove a danger to Tsukiko, Isamu was a different thing. He wasn't as strong as the glasses-wearing girl, and if those cannons took him as a target... that would definitely be on Blaise.

    He couldn't allow that.

    More than that, he couldn't allow his friend to get hurt - no matter.

    "Ya heard the man," Kaguya announced on the pier, motioning Isamu towards the beach. "Lesgo, Mophead!"

    As this was happening, Blaise kept most of his attention peeled at the ship in the distance. The moment it would do something, the moment it would aim those cannons, he would move. Back on the land, his options were more varied than underwater, and he could pull some tricks up his sleeve when it came to defense. Thus, he decided to play the waiting game for now. Observe cautiously and be ready for anything...

    --- And if it would attack, prioritize protecting Isamu and Tsukiko.

    With his own body if he had to.

  7. #1247
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,117
    Blog Entries
    5
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds


    ---What a bizarre situation, a sudden, unexpected swerve in this otherwise happy-go-lucky adventure at the beach...

    "Keep my eye on it? What do you think's gonna happen? Nazi ghosts?"

    Indeed, much like Tsukiko, Isamu doesn't seem to feel the same sense of urgency from the ship as you do; while he had heard the sound of it's cannon going off (or at least what could be assumed as the cannon going off) those sorts of noises were commonplace in supernatural battles, he had heard more than one sonic boom going off over the past couple of minutes, seen the roaring of waves and his friends diving into and out of the pitch black lake with a strength that he might actually find envious, so...

    To him, this is likely just more of the same.

    "...The ship isn't happy about it?"

    Meanwhile, a vampire narrows her eyes at it some more; almost as if trying to pierce through it's hull with her vision alone...

    "...The world got really weird when I was away huh? Lost German ships arising from their watery grave... That's the sort of thing you would have seen in stories back in the day, on the television, or in a manga..."

    Of course, the vampire has old fashioned sensibilities; in spite of her own innate nature as a being of the Supernatural, her soul is clearly that of someone from the pre-magic era, that much had become clear with hanging out with her over time... She was still adjusting to what is considered 'normal,' in this society that has submerged itself in the depths of the Spiritual Sea, and so her reactions to things aren't always on point, or rather...

    She takes cues from others on how to behave, those that would know better than her, and on this...

    Because you seem to think the distant warship is dangerous, she lets her own suspicions flare up and follow suit, eyes slowly moving from where Isamu is walking back towards the group, and up to the AA cannon on the deck of the ship, as if waiting for them to twitch, just like you...

    Yes.

    Much like you, it seems she was taking a defensive stance on the matter; if necessary, she would probably jump in the way of whatever attack might appear towards the distant boy, after all...

    ---Even if no one said it, the group did know who the weakest link amongst them was...

    But the ship doesn't twitch, beyond the motions it makes from being brought up to shore, from drifting on waters that were still shaking from the residual battles that had taken place beneath it, it doesn't move, almost as if it knows it's being watched, until...

    Until...

    Until...

    ---It makes a noise.

    Not the sound of guns being prepped, or an engine coming online, but the sound of a radio, of static squeaking out through speakers, and...

    ---Reflexively, Tsukiko claps her hands over your ears because she knows she won't reach Isamu in time, as a certain sound -a sound that she won't let you hear- emerges from within the depths of the warship, broadcast out from it in a manner that allowed no true evasion, a phenomena delivered at mach 1, that sends ripples sounding out through the water, that blows sand off the beach, draws a bizarre, almost blank look across Tsukiko's face for a moment (before she grits her teeth and seems to literally shake it off) and that has Isamu pause in place where he is at the pier, and...

    Almost instantly...

    Has him sprinting -fast, jets of reiki propelling him forward- in the other direction, not towards the group, but rather...

    Towards the ship itself...?

    And as he goes...

    Yes.

    As he goes, as the sound cannon stops and Tsukiko lets you go, muscles shaking like she had been shot with something...

    ---You...

    Think you can see a flicker of movement from on board...

    Like someone in a dark cloak, slinking around atop the ship like some sort of long lost ghost...

    One that disappears into it's depths before anyone can get a good look at it...

    New Ability Witnessed!


    Spell


    -Pied Piper-
    Type: Psy (?) / Sonic (?)
    Rank: C
    A bizarre spell that charges the air with Reiki before releasing it in the form of soundwaves, soundwaves potent enough to manifest as physical shock-waves; those that are able to hear this sound are assaulted with a hypnotic suggestion of some sort, a command that they must obey if they are unable to resist the initial blast, further details are unknown...

    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

    Tell me.

    Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?


    What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.


    Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

    Will they be able to show it to me?



  8. #1248
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,420
    Blog Entries
    71
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds

    "Damn it...!"

    Sonic attack? And one that had caught Isamu already?

    There was no time to lose.

    Every second counted at this point, both for their gang's third member, and for catching the culprit responsible for this. Luckily, as Blaise looked to his side, he saw that Tsukiko had been able to resist the sound that had washed over the beach and was almost recovered from the staggering effect. This meant that they now had two pairs of hands to work with. And while she had been able to protect him, Isamu hadn't been as lucky. Meaning...

    Yes.

    They needed speed.

    Neutralize the enemy, restrain Isamu.

    Those were the two main objectives.

    And that being the case...!

    "--- Get Isamu!"

    Barking out that singular order, Blaise sprinted towards the water while leaving Tsukiko to do things as she saw best. While he didn't know if the girl had any abilities that could get her over to the ship, he did know that he himself had no way of restraining Isamu without knocking him out physically - and he'd rather avoid that. Maybe Tsukiko did, and if she did, great. If she didn't, well... in that case the situation was same whichever of them it was. Meanwhile Blaise... he had a way of getting over to that ship.

    Fast.

    Fast enough to perhaps even catch the slinking shadow that was retreating to the lower decks.

    [Kaguya!] Blaise roared a mental order as he dashed towards the ocean. [Get ready! If the enemy uses that sound again, activate Dragon Step towards the source! Drown out the sound with the hypersonic boom! That should buy me some defense!]

    The COMP AI, who was gliding over the waters towards her owner, nodded sternly.

    [Right-o, Banchou! Ya can leave that ta me!]

    And then.

    On that second.

    Blaise reached the edge of the water, dug his heels into the sand and jumped upwards - high as he could go, getting as clear of a view of the ship as he could.

    And with his draconic eyes blazing an inferno, staring down at his target...!

    "--- Not fast enough, bastard."

    He became a comet streaking down from the moon!


  9. #1249
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,117
    Blog Entries
    5
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds


    ---Two streaks, one red, one blue, erupt over the starlit waters of the bay.

    The source of those streaks, those comments of reiki, come from two who are using similar ones; while your own approach was through that of the spell that might as well have been your signature, it's something of a surprise when you sense a similar 'detonation,' erupt around Tsukiko in an obvious mimicry of your own spell... Indeed, considering the girl wasn't even a COMP user, instead relying on her own innate supernatural existence to cast magic, she must have more or less put together how your spell worked simply by watching you do it so often...

    But there's no real time to dwell on the perceptive abilities of a certain vampire; where her detonation has her cascading off towards the sprinting Isamu, trying to catch up to him before he does whatever he's being compelled to do, you...

    ---Approach the ship as a shooting star, no, you approach your enemy as a falling meteor-!

    For that is what this existence is, a figure cloaked in black robes, whose face and limbs cannot be easily discerned; indeed, the person was practically invisible when it came to your supernatural senses, the only thing that told you they existed at all was that your eyes declared that they did, that you could see them descending ancient rusted steps with a casual ease that hinted at a great amount of arrogance, and...

    "..."

    In response to your approach, the figure turns slowly to regard you, again with that arrogant, casual ease that doesn't bother resorting to the same sonic attack as a moment ago, and...

    It's the turn of a person that isn't particularly worried about the situation around them, indeed, gazing up at your approach with a face that does not really seem to exist at all, the figure raises a hand in what can only be a token effort at defense, arm rising up at the last possible instant to stop your fist from plunging straight into their face, a sort of insanity, considering how physically strong you were, but...

    ---When your fist meets his hand, you stop. Magical energy is roaring at your back, reiki surging to propel you forth with all the strength of the dragons of old, swirling torrents of energy staining the perpetual night sky of this area a dazzling azure, but...

    That energy makes no further progress.

    As if a single arm was all it took to hold you back, to completely stop your meteor-like charge, the figure lets out a sound like a surprised chuckle, a "well what do you know," as if they themselves hadn't actually expected things to go quite that well for them, before-!

    ---The sound of something, no, the smell of building ozone-!

    You try to move back.

    Throwing yourself back out of the sudden sense of danger, a massive bolt of lightning tears through the skies, and-!

    Strikes you head on; it's a feeling that lasts for but an instant, a short burst of heat and light and pain that would've left a weaker person shaking, spasming as their nervous system is stimulated by an outside force, but...

    You shake it off.

    If there was one thing Blaise Pendragon was, it was resilient, still-!

    Who the hell was this...?

    "...This is what it feels like, huh? God, you people really are freaks."

    That voice serves as your only clue.

    ...It's a voice you've heard before, of that you were certain...

    Who was it...?

    There was a sort of undercurrent to their voice that you didn't recognize, like there was someone speaking right along with them, but the main voice...

    Wasn't that...?

    No...

    You couldn't say for sure.

    It felt like the memory simply drifted away from you before you could grasp it, but...

    Whoever it is...

    They seem to be awfully pleased with themselves right now, in that regard they comes across as someone rather inexperienced, but even so...

    ---The same sense of danger remained...

    Perhaps, because of the voice beneath the voice?

    Either way...

    "Can't say the power doesn't feel good though, nice role reversal we're gonna have here."

    ...The main voice, the clear one...

    Seems remarkably...

    Petty?

    Like you had pissed him off somehow?
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

    Tell me.

    Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?


    What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.


    Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

    Will they be able to show it to me?



  10. #1250
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,420
    Blog Entries
    71
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds

    Hmm...

    That was strange. A voice that sounded both familiar, but also inexperienced and petty. Those two didn't exactly go together in Blaise's world. He had more or less found himself in the company of those stronger and more experienced than him from the very start, so that made the short list of possibilities even shorter. But right now, that wasn't important. What was important that this person had the strength to match him, and could wield it with relative ease - even if they weren't used to it.

    That's right. There was his chance... so to speak.

    From what he could gather, this person probably wasn't completely aware of what they could do, or they were still testing things out.

    A possession?

    Possible.

    What he needed to do now was to keep this guy on his toes while Tsukiko dealt with Isamu. Once that was done, it'd be possible to tag-team this opponent and ease things that way.

    But for now... he needed to keep him unbalanced, unnerved and to make sure they'd have problems adapting to the situation.

    Therefore...

    [Kaguya. Switch to Regeneration Field. Once that's done, and once the guy starts attacking, strike him with Debilitate as soon as you can. We'll try to upset the limits of his strength, keep him second-guessing himself,] Blaise gave a mental order. [Meanwhile, I'll test around his defenses. He showed he's good with physical stuff. Let's see his spiritual guard.]

    The COMP AI gave a wordless affirmation.

    [Roger!]

    With that, Blaise turned his eyes towards his opponent and readied himself - both hands clenched into fists and in ready position... even if he had no intention of getting into a further fist-fight for now.

    "... No. I'd say the only freak here is you. Borrowing someone else's voice is bad manners," Blaise curtly replied, intentionally trying to push those petty buttons in his opponent to spur him into reckless action. "But what else can you expect? If you're talking about role-reversal with such glee..."

    He snorted, playing up his natural villainous mannerisms and looked coldly down on the hooded figure.

    "--- You just out yourself as a loser who has to rely on power not their own."

    Then, without waiting to see if his taunt worked, Blaise let out a draconic roar and plunged his head downwards, opening up a pit off moonfire that ran across the scenery like a flash-inferno. It coated the deck below him and spread out as far as he could make it. For after all, Blaise intended to set the whole stage on fire. Not only would a field of flames prove to be his natural home turf, it would possibly put the enemy at a disadvantage, and...

    ... Well, the ship was made of metal, wasn't it?

    Metal melts easily with hot enough fire.

    The opponent clearly needed a ship, or else he would have attacked him straight on in the water.

    That's why Blaise would just take the ship away from him.



    The inferno was everywhere.

    And from within those flames, Blaise shot a cold, unimpressed look at his opponent to stoke the fires within him.

    "--- Well?"

  11. #1251
    el bolb Bloble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canadia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,280
    JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    5
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

    "Hm... so she didn't have it then... and she changed in that time..."

    A timeline is forming in Daisuke's mind. He pins events in their locations and draws lines between them, connecting them to each other to form the beginnings of the story of what happened to Blackrose. Then, this Master is someone who appeared afterwards, and she was initially unconnected to them... which means there was a third party even before.

    "Ah, don't worry too much about Sakurako, Ai-chan. Sure, you can tell her about us if you see her, but - she'll be fine. No monster will jump out. Or, well, if it does, she might save you from it again. Because she's a good person who protects her friends."

    The last part is what some might consider a blind, hopeful guess. Daisuke has only met the girl in question once, for a short time, and it resulted in a violent altercation. But he would say it is a deduction, born from detective's instinct.

    "But until then... um, here! You can put it in if you want..."

    The tip of another finger unfolds, and from within... a slip of paper comes out. Or rather, upon closer inspection, it's a two-part clear sticker that can be peeled off. One of the stickers has one of Daisuke's RAIL numbers, and the other his signature, stylized in the same way as the others in the book. Chris sure had installed some strange things in him...

    "I'll let the folks at the base know about that television-head that attacked you, Ai-chan. It might have something to do with your abnormal reiki... my sensors were going a bit crazy too, to be honest. Feel free to call if it happens again, okay? If I'm not there, a Tamer should still be nearby. Or wait, actually..."

    The printer in his hand whirs again, printing off several more stickers: several small, shiny golden badges with 'SDCD Deputy' written on them in small letters.

    "You think fairies like to play sheriff?"

    Maybe those chaotic beings about to descend upon the bar could be directed to more productive endeavors. They are everywhere, after all.

    Maybe the sun could rise in the north and south simultaneously, too.

    But in this world, there's no such thing as impossible!

  12. #1252
    Konkon Kitsune~ Kuroyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Virtual Tokyo
    Posts
    1,607
    Blog Entries
    3
    Hiyori
    SLEIPNIR - Bottom Level, Genesis's Lab/Engine Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

    I fed it! Without thinking about it, I fed this weird, mysterious furnace that came out of nowhere! I can only imagine what Rossweisse would’ve said if she was here. Probably something like ‘Hiyori?! Why did you feed the mysterious furnace instead of reporting it to the commander?!’ I think the only thing she would have approved of was the fact that I didn’t immediately throw myself into the furnace itself. Despite everything, I am a Spirit Tamer! While I may be impulsive and not that smart, but I know better than to trust an unknown thing!

    Actually, I might have dove in if it told me I could get some free video games… But if it’s promising power or nothing without saying anything. It’s suspicious! Even if the best merchants or power-up givers are the suspicious ones, about a quarter of them will cause something horrible to happen. Like locking you into a certain ending or causing ugly cosmetic changes! No to ending locks! No to ugly cosmetics! So when the whispers stopped coming from the furnace surely I did the right thing! I definitely didn’t route lock myself just yet! Definitely!

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    "Mysterious app you say?"
    Looks like Genesis can’t hear it either seeing as how he’s focusing on the question we asked earlier. So I definitely did the right thing! When he started doing the chuuni villain posing, I had to wonder if this ship was cursed or something by a chuuni curse. Like the only people unaffected by it seemed to be Lucia who is the rival character and people like Rossweisse and Anna who are too tired to be doing stuff like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    "It is not a problem, little one. I am both the hardware and the software technician, it is my job to investigate the many mysteries of our data-based compatriots, yes? Just come sit down over here and I will take a look at whatever seems to be ailing you-"
    I lazily flew over and made a chair out of an aura shield.

    “Ah, it’s going to be a full on check-up? In that case doc, I think I’m using some more energy than I should in this power-saving form. Think I’m producing… 10% more heat than usual. Actually, on second thought, I think I’m going to put that repair on hold until after Winter. Could always use that heat to stay warm... So yeah, let’s go straight to that weird app thing.”

    I look to see Genesis instead looking at the furnace instead… Geez, I might give this place a one star rating on its COMP inspection service. Wait what’s that in front of the furnace… A marble? No wait… That marble feels weird like it’s… Yup like the aura shield I just fed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    "...It can imbue items with elemental properties? No, refine spells into items...? Ah of course, it waits till other people are here to show a part of it's hand! A shrewd furnace! Or perhaps it is merely another trick to be fed... Yes, almost certainly a trick to be fed, it must want to prove it is useful in spite of being a trespasser! Very well, prove your worth to me ominous inferno!"
    ...Refine spells into items?! At that news, I flew up from my aura shield couch and started flying next to Genesis.

    “...I wonder if it’ll accept another spell right now? If it does, what do you think we should try next? Another aura spell? Maybe we should try something like Diarhan. Also how do we feed it another spell like Phantasm Step? The person might actually get eaten by it like it wants… Actually! How do we add these refined spells to items now? Do we have to specially create items from scratch or can we somehow activate the spell again?”

    If Genesis was easily distracted by mysterious things... I might also have issues as well.

  13. #1253
    Imperial Princess Satehi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,203
    Eva Ellet
    Vatican City ~ Obelisk Square
    11/16/2026
    Morning, Sunny


    “That’s…”

    Eva had trouble finding her next words.

    There was something very familiar about the individual that Myrh had described to her just now.

    Her exact opposite – it was an expression that would have been appropriate to describe the original. She was messy, rarely cooked, not particularly fervent about the faith, and the type to coast on her natural talents. Exactly as Davis had described- the opposite of Eva, who always cleaned, often cooked, thought of herself as a faithful devotee, and had no reservations about putting in effort. There were probably a number of reasons why they had turned out so different, but the primary one in her mind, was undoubtedly, because Eva wanted to make her creator happier- believed that without these bad habits, her creator would be pleased.

    They weren’t.

    But at the same time, the thought that the original Eva Ellet was now living a relatively normal life as Davis described, a happy carefree life, one that did not seem to involve any worries or concern for a family that might have thought her deceased…

    Even as different as they were, personality wise, she did not think that was possible. Perhaps it was naïve, but she did not the original she was intended to replace was so... cold.

    But a completely unrelated person with the exact same name, appearance, and even personality traits… she knew that was a stretch. She just didn’t know how to make sense of it. And so, as her processors go through many cycles trying to figure out just how to fit together all these incongruous facts together in a way that makes sense without any success, Eva eventually comes to a decision…

    “… That’s pretty weird to think about. Wonder if I’ve ever met any doppelgangers of anyone I know?”

    … to stop thinking about it for now.

    Without the ability to make sense of it, she decides to put it off- and so, returning her attention to the conversation she was having with Davis just now, she responds to the girl’s lighthearted joke with one of her own.

  14. #1254
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,117
    Blog Entries
    5
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Nameless Forest ~ Kuzunoha Village
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning


    "Oh yes, the weak point."

    A smile, as the green-haired girl raises a single finger in the air; it's a look reminiscent of a teacher pointing at an imaginary blackboard, a sort of unconscious movement that made it clear this girl was probably some sort of tutor herself, or maybe, considering her mannerisms...

    Student Council President?

    She had that sort of air around her, and you had heard those sorts of positions were still big in Japanese schools...

    "She burns through reiki like crazy, all of her barriers are full force all the time, it's like she has no sense of scale at all!"

    She laughs, as Genbu starts to chuckle nervously...

    "Combine that with the fact that she really doesn't have any good attacks either, and you can tire her out just by plinking away at her with weak attack spells! She uses up more energy blocking it than you will casting, keep that up for long enough and she starts to run out of options..."

    Of course, Genbu had had a bizarre sword with her at the time of your duel, but thinking back on it...

    The sword had been doing an awful lot of the offensive part of the battle itself, so...

    Had she brought it purely to make up for the fact that her own offense was rather lacking?

    Possible...

    Course, not like it helped you now, but...

    Maybe a good note for later?

    Never knew when you'd get a shot at avenging yourself after all, still-!

    "No sense of scale? I'll have you know I've fought things that would make your generation weep young lady! I'm not over-tuned at all, the world just got weaker! Don't listen to her Ayra, it's all nonsense, I could tune down my spells as much as I want, you know?"

    -it's a bizarre feeling, especially because of your own nature as a workaholic.

    This sort of lively household was strange in a number of ways, everyone was relaxed, no one was practically killing themselves in an attempt to get a hundred other things done at once, killing time with things that ultimately didn't matter in the long run like videogames, it was...

    Strange.

    ---Aster might have some biting commentary on that if she was here, but-

    Oh, wait.

    ---Quietly, your A.I returns to your side.

    Or rather, from your perspective, it's more like...

    She becomes receptive to your words once again, still, even as Kagura laughs at a Genbu that's clearly failing to be an effective parent, the voice from the kitchen, the voice that had laughed earlier...

    "Alright guys come on, quit messing around out there, breakfast's ready."

    ...It's the mom of the household, or in other words...

    It's probably Laplace herself...

    ...Mealtime with an NWAB agent, a Demon that had beat you up, and the second in Command of Joker's entire operation, it was...

    Quite an approaching event...

    ...What had you gotten yourself into here, really...?
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

    Tell me.

    Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?


    What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.


    Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

    Will they be able to show it to me?



  15. #1255
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,117
    Blog Entries
    5
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning


    ---Perhaps it's because of your nature as a detective that you see it.

    Yes, it's almost certainly because of your nature as a detective that you see it. The moment in which Aislyn's face changes slightly, not in the smooth way that it usually does, from a smile to a laugh, or the almost flirty brushing of hair out of her face, no, this...

    It's surprise.

    Yes.

    For some reason, the moment you mention that your sensors had treated her as strange, the girl regards you with something like confusion for a moment... It's a confusion that's a bit hard to place, after all, her own story had mentioned such a thing as a possibility, but with the way she's looking at you now...

    It's almost like she's surprised you had stuck around, having felt that aura of hers, but, after a moment...

    That surprise turns to... Gratitude?

    A warm smile.

    "Well, I know Jack Frosts love to play hero, so sheriff might not be too out of place for them."

    Yes.

    She smiles happily, and accepts your sticker, automatically moving to place it in her book alongside all the others; it's a movement that's not particularly practiced (after all, the others had likely written it in there themselves rather than had her transfer it for them) but the young woman gets it right after a bit of fiddling, your name moving to the bottom of a list of others, and...

    "But I guess we'll have to see, huh?"

    Closing the book, she winks at you again as the fairies burst into the room...

    There's dozens, a couple of dozens, they must have gathered troops on the way here-!

    It's an explosion of wings and laughter that marks the end of a peaceful morning, that has Shuichi and Sofia struck from the side by an avalanche of tiny fairy bodies, of hee ho's and ho hee's, and fairies grabbing your body and flying you around the room in a manner that normally ends with them danging you by your foot over a nearby fountain, but instead has you trying to convince them that they should totally be sheriffs for a bit, deputies of the law, and...

    It's fun.

    Good old fashioned, light-hearted fun, and that's why...

    You don't notice until it's over, until almost an hour later, when you finally peel yourself away from the fairies, and when Aislyn has left, escorted away by a girl with long silver hair...

    Yes.

    You don't notice the paper in your pocket until then...

    It's a page from Aislyn's book, or at least, the font and design seems to be the same, and written on it in someone's handwriting (hers? It was hard to tell) was...

    Acquired Aislyn's Note
    I'm a little curious... If you wanted something, anything at all... What would it be?

    You know, sorta like a wish?

    What would you wish for?

    -Ever Curious, Aislyn Wevere

    P.S: You don't have to answer right away! This page is part of my good luck charm, so if you ask for something, you just might get it! I don't normally hand these sorts of things out, you know? But I had fun talking with you, so it is what it is~

    Hope it helps!


    A note.

    One with a simple (if a bit strange) question and...

    A place for you to put an answer...

    ---An enigmatic woman until the end...

    Aislyn Wevere...


    --}i{--
    Last edited by Airen; November 22nd, 2020 at 07:37 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

    Tell me.

    Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?


    What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.


    Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

    Will they be able to show it to me?



  16. #1256
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,236
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Logan Starbright
    Simulator
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning


    Don’t look at me like that. Like I’m some kid who thinks his dad will wake up any day now and come back from the war. Like I’m a parapelegic with leukemia and more curses than days of my life. Like I’m a crazy, pathetic fool. It makes me sick. And so what if it’s a ‘dream’? I’m a Spirit Tamer; I make dreams come true. I’ll do whatever it takes to make that happen. That’s the only reason I’m here.

    "Of course what her objective is is beyond me, who knows what's going through that girl's head?"
    Well aren’t you useless. Back to glaring at me like I’m code missing a semicolon, at least.

    "You don't need to be particularly powerful to backstab someone."
    What ugly laughter. Is it mocking herself more or the expression of merriment it’s perverting? Logan can’t tell, but it doesn’t really matter. It just means that she’s in this moment overwhelmed; not with joy, but with the cruel absurdity of the world. Besides, she’s right. One weakling in the wrong place can ruin everything.

    "I'm sure I could dispose of the traitor if I found them, it's some... Other beings... That are the ones I'd rather not run into under the current circumstances; I have no way of telling if the traitor is working with them or not, so I must assume that they are, I can't take the chance of being incorrect right now."
    So there are people stronger than her. Not that I have a full grasp of her abilities, but Amelia might. I don’t think she’d react like that just because the enemy has superior computational capabilities.

    As their encounter continues, Eve halts suddenly and exchanges awkward pleasantries with Verity. Good, she’ll be safer away from this. She responded rather quickly to my command, though; is she naturally servile? There might be some unpleasant directives in her logic centers, so I’ll have to have her looked at. He briefly recalls the grumpy brunette. Hopefully she’s alright. Though so far Verity hasn’t taken any offensive actions, which tracks with the reports Amelia managed to find-

    At Amelia’s query, Logan immediately raises his arms to guard while tensing his legs to dodge an incoming attack. There’d been a part of him, small but present, that decried his consistent activation as a foolish waste of energy before an important mission. That part is gone. Verity’s gaze makes it evident that she’s no ally.

    Seconds crawl by through furrows of sweat drawn on Logan’s skin. Thoroughly honed reflexes strain themselves to the utmost to detect the breaking point in her bloodlust that heralds conflict - and slowly detect a decrease as one of her robed arms rises lazily.

    "Maybe."
    A scrap of white and color falls from her outstretched hand like a feather of truth to the scales. Logan’s gaze immediately flicks to the photograph, and

    there’s quite a few people there, 50 at least, all gathered within a wooden structure that shelters against the cold

    unlike the people milling around the bottom of the tower below without heed for any sort of harsh climate, their revelry is warmth enough -

    an attitude that the people gathered likely share, that’s definitely a party of some kind judging by the tables of food and how they’re gathered around

    the tower, looking up with joy and glee at the sparkling colors of the fireworks above

    unlike Astra, who’s staring at the Christmas trees with mild amusement along with him, did those use to be ents? It’s hard to tell, the edges of the photo look a little

    red, like a sky bleeding from a scouring with smoke and pollutants which is a bit much isn’t that, that’s just a Catherine Wheel near the

    moon shining on the chest of Mokujima’s opponent in chess. She’s deep in thought over her next move, but since she should be able to capture her foe’s queen in three moves she’ll probably be fine

    unlike here, where there’s no sign of her. Strange; with how she reacted to Eve I figured she’d be heading here in

    hey

    a flurry of motion like the rough-looking blonde in the kitchen who’s balancing countless plates of roasted duck and stuffed mushrooms and perfectly sliced cubes of tuna glistening a brilliant

    red and black swimming around just out of sight the moment he shifts his gaze, but they come back each time a brilliant star carves an iridescent wound into the dusky sky and his eyes are practically bulging out of their sockets to take everything in as

    the Raz Stone puts on a concert, for even without his signature stage he’s got a charisma you just can’t

    look away

    from the enemy, who’s staring at him with an expression he can barely make out amidst all the

    red hair of the woman with a guitar walking behind two girls, one looking to the other like she was quite the

    pain smashing against his retina and ramming it into his cornea as his brain tries to slam its way out of his skull through his eyes fixed on

    the familiar sight of Vincent’s coffee shop, with Ludwig and Anna chatting on the stools. He’s never seen either of them make that sort of face before, which awkwardly makes him wonder

    what should you be looking at right now?

    Sweat pours from Logan in a torrent as he rips his gaze from the barbs of the image, red and black and static blurring into the tears swimming in his aching eyes. He realizes, suddenly, that his hands are empty. Chains clatter against the side of the clock tower as they plummet to the ground while the photo slowly floats down. It’s within a few feet of him. He can easily grasp it with one hand while maintaining his grip on Amelia with the other.

    The photo falls past him, sinking into the fog. He’d seen all kinds of people in that
    future
    moment
    , but he doesn’t know who’s missing.

    Logan addresses Verity again, trying to ignore how his soaked clothes cling to his skin like a thousand leeches and his blood thrums through him like a flood of acid. “What do you mean by ‘other beings’?”

    Amelia
    Strange City, Simulator
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning


    Amelia groans at the massive onslaught of junk data that rampaged through her systems like a stampede of exploding bulls. What the hell was that? Even maintaining short term data logs is a pain with how each file tries to delete itself or corrupt everything else around it. Can’t be just a simple virus or memetic hazard. If Spearmint wanted us dead we’d be fighting right now. So what, did she throw a tantrum ‘cuz someone else talked to her little sister? And why a Polaroid? If she actually wanted to be retro she should’ve gone with an oil painting or something; Polaroids are way too mainstream.

    A photo’s a mostly precise record of an event. You can edit photos and leave things out of photos but people generally assume that a photo tells the truth - especially an older kind of photo like that. Plus there’s the date of Christmas Eve, which isn’t our time. Memory errors and photos “from the future”… it’s a real stretch, but was that some sort of future that didn’t happen for some reason? There’s a theory that life forms constantly observe themselves to make a record of events in their body, and that something messing with that would mess with their timeline and existence. That’s ridiculous, but Burroughs had bypassed every defense to talk with her, all while monitoring an entire planet and interfering with that mysterious Tower. And if Spearmint’s to be believed, she’s incapacitated… or worse.

    Kid, just what are you involved in? You alright?




    Spoiler:
    Auto-Skill: Revitalize
    Spells Set: Astral Chain, ???, ???, Eye of the Fates, ???, Phantasm Step
    Heat: 0/10
    Stamina: 14
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  17. #1257
    Inspired Pervert hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,368
    Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama, Sho's Residence
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning, Just After Midnight



    "...!"


    It feels like taking a huge twenty meter leap but, in truth, I've only taken a single step back in disbelief.

    There is weird and then there is plain wrong. It's hard to imagine that I would allow Jack of all people to enter my dreams but with fairies you can never be too sure. They always find a way to intrude in other people's matters. That said, I find myself accepting this outcome rather easily considering my overall personality. Perhaps it is because it's a dream and that's simply how dreams work... Or is it the fact that this situation is so absurd that a dream seems like the only logical explanation? Regardless, its plot line seems to be moving faster than my own train of thought. What is the purpose of this vision, of this strange visit...? A part of me wants to know, and yet...

    "N-no way!"
    A part of me refuses immediately as it hopelessly clings to the last of my common sense. "Are you crazy? Don't you hear how heavily it's raining outside? And you won't even pause for a moment to pick up an umbrella or something?"

    Moreover, does she really intend for someone such as myself to be seen walking alongside a girl completely drenched in water at this time? And in a dream that no longer feels private, of all things...? I don't know if there is anything beyond public enemy number one, but for all I know this could be some wacky experiment with the school faculty pulling the strings... I certainly wouldn't put it past a mad scientist such as Irmina-Sensei.

    The mere mental image of others trying to hold their laugh as I attempt to explain my reckless decisions inside a dream is enough to wake up whatever part of me has been caught up in all of this. Shuichi, Lianne... Even Claire?! Damn it, this has to stop!

    "You better give me a good damn reason for us to leave the house with this weather. I don't want to be held accountable for anything, you hear? Besides, if this is a dream, we can probably find something that will make the trip safe, if you really can't take this silly quest of yours out of your mind."

    What can be said...?

    Deep down, Amamiya Sho is just that stubborn kind of man.

    The kind of man who won't understand until a message is properly and clearly delivered.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

  18. #1258
    men are men; the best sometimes forget Katie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    kerokero
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,584
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Nameless Forest ~ Kuzunoha Village
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning


    “So I had the wrong approach, I see…” Perhaps it was the blade that made all the difference, then. Genbu certainly did hit hard during their confrontation, but how much of it was her Harmonizer’s inherent weakness to Ice spells, as well as the sword that assisted her? If what Kagura was saying was true, then that idea of pulling off Galeforce twice wasn’t necessarily incorrect, but the utilization was all wrong. Instead of trying to repreadly bash at a point to create a chink in the armor, she just needed to permanently force Genbu on the defensive and ideally grind her out, although that was probably much easier said than done. Still, things to know for the future. “Thanks, that helped a lot.”

    Ayra smiles, covering up that the current scenario felt too laid-back for her tastes. Obviously, not everyone lived like her, but without something to do, she felt like she was wasting daylight. Not that it mattered, too much. In England it’d be about late evening, if not night… This was just a late dinner, something she was rather used to.

    Aster: It’d probably help your metabolism if you ate earlier, you know.

    Oh, you’re back. What happened? You usually don’t… leave me like that.

    Aster: I was verifying an anonymous tip. They didn’t want to discuss who they are, but some of the details we can check with Laplace.

    Weren’t you the one who lectured me about checking suspicious messages?

    Aster: That’s why I did the vetting this time.

    Ayra resists the urge to click her tongue in annoyance. Something about Aster is off, and she can’t quite place it, but if someone is willing to message them anonymously, she may as well bite. Investigating who they were would be another mystery she’d have to put on her endless to-do list.

    "Alright guys come on, quit messing around out there, breakfast's ready."
    It’s so surreal.

    Aster: People have ordinary things to do, if you haven’t noticed.

    Really though, breakfast with her family?

    Aster: Take it as a sign of trust, I suppose..
    [Feb/Wed/04|07:00:04] <Lianru> it's ok with each stalker call I feel like we get a little closer
    [Feb/Wed/04|07:00:06] <Lianru> never give up

    asians before testing week

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •