Page 40 of 142 FirstFirst ... 30353839404142455090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Avalon ~ Medical Ward
    ??? - Morning

Pitch black makes way to sterile whites as Ayra finally wakes. The contrast in color makes her blink a bit, adjusting to the sight, before recollection of the events prior makes her force herself up. The motion is accompanied by a dull ache, but it’s not something that would keep her down. If she wasn’t used to the backlash to her signature move, then she had no reason to use it in the first place.

She glances at her hand, letting out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding when she sees the familiar obsidian ring is still there.

Everything fine, Aster?

Aster: I’m literally burnt out, but it’s nothing permanent. As for you, the doctors told me you need some R&R.

I’m afraid I’m going to ignore that suggestion…

Aster: This is why the medics are all fed up with you, you know.

Ayra sighs, but it’s the truth. Still, memories of what came before run rampant in her head, and the unfortunate circumstance of being stuck in a hospital bed let her thoughts run wild. God, if only she could get back to work. Self-reflection was her bane.

Should I have been more aggressive?

Even if they were outclassed, she should have fought for that, right? Even if swinging Aster would have been pointless, even if it was the easiest way to avoid a scene like the one that rendered her unconscious… it was the principle of the matter? A Knight should know when to pick their battles, but also to never give up, and…

She was thinking in circles. No point in doing that. At the very least, she didn’t feel terrible enough to stay bedridden, so she might as well check on her partner. Out of courtesy, of course. Not that she was dying of worry or anything.

Aster: Please don’t do this to me, Ayra, I barely have any working processors as is…

Sorry, sorry…

"Ayra-senpai! You're awake-!"

"Do you feel okay? Do I need to grab the doctors?"
    That’s a familiar voice. Only one person who’d ever call her “senpai” in the middle of England.

Ayra obviously knows the names of all her squires and their general personalities, but she has always tried to keep it somewhat professional. A bit of distance was important to concealing her identity as Joker and… Well, that was unimportant. She naturally had to keep people at a distance to ensure her life, as busy and precariously fragile as it was, would run smoothly.

Still, it was nice to see someone showing concern for her. And Asuka was always a nice girl.

“No, I’m fine… Maybe could use some tea or some water.” Ayra tries to ignore the discomfort of letting a squire see her like this—a little for her own vanity, another for the sake of being a good role model. While it was naturally a fact of life that all Spirit Tamers got injured, she couldn’t help but feel that as a Knight, she had to keep some air of perfection, or at least, to look strong.

Recovering in a hospital bed certainly wasn’t that.

“Oh, before you run off… do you know if Tsukiko is alright? It’s my fault things turned out this way.”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Sakura Tree ~ Evening
    World Designation [Ragnarok Retrieval Committee]
    ??? ~ ???

"Alright, this is the best spot."

---A Sakura Tree at the center of the island, about two hours after the bizarre encounter with "Burroughs" at the cafe.

Having provided your new allies with the apparent name of your world, Xanadu, both you and Alyx have been taken care for the purpose of being sent back home. While you had initially assumed something like having to go back the way you came would come into effect, it seems that the island's "Retrieval Committee" was capable of using magic to traverse different dimensions, rather than having to use any sort of predetermined gate.

Around the Sakura Tree, the beacon of light is shining up towards the sky.

Bits and pieces of the conversation between Aesop and Risu had implied that the one they called "Akio" was the source of the strange light, the pillar for this artificial space, but you can't see him with your eyes... There is a possibility he is inside the tree itself of course, but it's difficult for you to determine if that was actually the case, although you can sense a powerful soul residing inside of the tree...

The people here won't be able to go back with you.

Apparently, each of them had a different role to play in the maintenance of the artificial world, and things would start falling apart if the members left; Akio was the apparent battery, the pillar, while the others had hands in shaping the world's contents in some way...

It's like an elaborate digital simulation back home, a pocket world inside of another world...

As for the civilians, well, it seemed there were 'complications' with getting them out of here too, although they didn't elaborate, for now...

"I'll give each of you one of my cards so you can open a gate back, fill it with energy and it should activate."

...It seems they simply wanted to open up a bridge of communication between here and Xanadu; it would take a lot of communication from both sides to make a complete evacuation work, and telling the higher-ups at home about this (and about Burroughs in Ilia's case) is the first step towards resolving a number of problems, both personal and worldly...

Yeah...

This had been a bizarre case, and now...

A number of people stranded out in the middle of nowhere needed your help, it was a day filled with a number of revelations both good and bad, and yet-

"Got it."

-chill as ever, Alyx pockets her card -Universe Arcana from a tarot deck- herself.

"Alternate dimensions, world gates... Just Tamer life I guess. We'll report to the boss when we get back."

She says it with a tomboyish, devil may care smile...

It's the smile of a strong person, one who can face any and all aspects of life head on, and-

"Arcana Zero: Xanadu-!"

With a snap of Aesop's fingers, a roaring torrent of Reiki, and a vocal declaration that seems to shake the world itself...

A swirling gate of magical energy appears at the base of the Sakura Tree...

"We'll see you when you get back. It should manifest as a straight corridor, so just keep walking, okay?"

...And Risu brightly tells you how to use it.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, Lakeside (Lexie's Strong, Gallant Arms)
    ??? - Evening

"Hey, what do you mean, a kid's perspective?"

Puffing out his cheeks, Daisuke pouts at the remark.

"Maturity is more than just a number, y'know!"

As they reach the clearing, Daisuke is finally able to let go, and hops off, making contact with the soft grass. He stumbles, his internal gyroscopic balance taking a moment to re-adjust, but then stands proudly. He spins, turns to face Lexie Davis head-on, sticks out his hand, and then...

A puff of static-filled smoke obscures the transformation. When it clears, Daisuke is visible, both much taller and much more developed. This is his 'older' form. The full-power mode that's usually reserved for battle or other situations that would require it, and is rarely used for power efficiency reasons. Normally it's preferable to stay small, as efficiency is nearly the same in most circumstances. If he is here, now, like this, then it must be for an important reason.

"Young or old, my judgement is foolproof! Hours of investigation have led to one inescapable conclusion:

Lexie nee-chan, you're cool. Not just because of your stylish moves, but because you're a good friend and a good person. If anyone says otherwise, even if it's Chris or someone strong, I'll talk some sense into them!"

The young COMP's voice has changed. But his innocent grin and cheesy, straightforward bearing haven't.

A moment later, another burst of smoke, smelling faintly of flower oil and metal polish, heralds Daisuke's reversion to his smaller form.

"...although your pranks can be a bit much..."

Still, he can't resist a light admonishment for earlier.

"Now, where are we...?"

The COMP glances around and activates his sensor array. Glasses glint, eyes sparkle, and the tuft of antenna-hair on his head twitches. Is this clearing somehow important? Is it perhaps where the strange girl from his recording was headed? He hadn't known there was running water nearby, but perhaps it connects to the lake...
    Last edited by Bloble; March 22nd, 2020 at 07:22 PM.

Cosmos Fairchild
    Sakura Tree ~ Evening
    World Designation [Ragnarok Retrieval Committee]
    ??? ~ ???

As they walked into a beautiful sakura tree to go back home, Cosmos took a moment to admire its beauty.

She had never seen a sakura tree with her own eyes before. She had seen pictures of course, but it's different compared to seeing it with your own eyes; she idly thought how the petals are really pink, and that row upon row of sakura trees in spring would have make for a stunning view.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Aesop
    "I'll give each of you one of my cards so you can open a gate back, fill it with energy and it should activate."
    "Understood." Cosmos confirmed with a nod. "I shall try my hardest to convince them to help, so that the next time we meet, it is under a much better circumstances!"

Making acquaintances with people from another world... it's surreal, yet pleasant. Silently in her heart she once again gave her thanks to God; while the day have started badly enough, it only leads to something good for herself and her world. Truly, she is blessed to be given this experience.

If only Illia could have said the same...

Cosmos doesn't really know what happened during the time Illia went to investigate the mysterious Burroughs, as the AI promised to tell her later when they're back home. All that she knew is that despite her reassurances and smile, there are a mix of feelings churning within the AI - fear, relief, confusion, disdain, and guilt being among the main ones, something that Illia never felt all at once. Since then Illia had stayed quiet in the past two hours, saying that she's working to secure her database from potential threats in the future...

But Cosmos knew - and she has a feeling that Illia knew this too - that it is merely an excuse to take her mind off those feelings, from whatever she had encountered during her brief investigation.

Cosmos merely hopes that she could console and help Illia out when they got back home. The AI had done so for her numerous times in the past, so it is only natural for her to do the same. Once again offering a silent prayer to God to help Illia, and to give her the strength to help her AI, Cosmos watched as Aesop opened a swirling gate of magical energy at the base of the sakura tree.

It is time to say farewell, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Risu
    "We'll see you when you get back. It should manifest as a straight corridor, so just keep walking, okay?"
    "Alright. Thank you for everything Miss Aesop, Miss Risu." Cosmos bowed before giving them a smile. "We shall see you in the future, should God wills it."

Thus, after taking one last glance at the two women, Cosmos stepped into the gate before Alyx did while reminding herself to just keep walking straight.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, Forest
    ??? - Evening

"Hearing that... Makes me pretty happy..."

---It's a moment that lasts a mere handful of seconds, so fast that if one were to turn away from her at all they would have missed it; there is no teasing undertone in her voice for an instant, no, the 'relieved' smile that exists on that girl's face is far more maidenly than the norm...?

It lacks the tomboyish roughness, or the sense of innate cheer, it's just...

A sincere statement.

---But it's over rather fast.

Yes, Lexie certainly prefers being the knightess, the big sister, the source of endless cheer and thus-!

"And my pranks are fine, no one gets hurt~"

The bizarrely cute moment remains just that, a single moment in time.

"I've been out this way before..."

Walking side by side now rather than having her carry you, the clearing gives way to rocks and a riverbed, which themselves give way too...

A fountain...

Yes.

Water crashing down from above onto clean scattered rocks and glistening waters, it's a...

Fairy Fountain?

Yes.

Above the glistening waters are a number of spherical lights, fairies zipping too and fro above the head of the short silver-haired girl from your memories, the one you had only been able to recall through manual review...

Small and humanoid, the demons that are most likely to set up their own settlements right next to human ones, as they can't help but indulge in the act of pranks from time to time, yes...

They seem to be engaging in that right now, seeing as how they are passing what seems to be a necklace amongst themselves, back and forth, childishly keeping it out of the reach of the small girl that seems to be trying her best to jump up to grab it-

"Um, may I have that back please! It is valuable evidence! I know you must be having fun, but it is important that I retrieve it!"

-and failing, seeing as how her jumps were... rather sad, for humans of this day and age...

"Gotta take it back! Come on! Jump! Jump!"

It's a sad sight...

One that seems like it won't stop unless someone stops it, and...

As Lexie breathes in, likely preparing to do it herself, you-
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Akarana Corridor
    ??? - ???

Leaving the waving figures of both Aesop and Risu behind, you step into the swirling vortex of magical energy before Alyx, the sensation of submerging yourself in a deep water surrounding your body for a movement before fading away, revealing a world -or rather a corridor- that seems to exist in a space without color, a monochrome world that also comes across as eerily silent, a place where your footsteps are echoing, arching out into the grey world that seemed to stretch on forever, at least, if one were to turn their head and look at their sides...

If one were to look ahead, there was a light shaped like a door in the far distance...

The world beneath your feet looked like it was moving, like you were standing on a plane of glass above a rushing white sea, but no force exerts itself on your body; there is no wind here, no sun, just a dim light that seems to come from your destination, and distant platforms existing far above, each leading to their own destination, their own light...

Different worlds perhaps?

It's hard to say, and you can't count how many their are...

While four or five seem relatively clear, the nature of light in this area seems to hide things as it gets further away from you... A natural explorer's urge might have you wander off a bit just to see what you can see, but the floor you are on seems to stop a good hundred feet or so out, ceasing to exist, leading to a natural drop into that rushing 'substance' down below, it's...

Certainly an interesting sight...

And a bit...

Familiar?

"...Huh... Kinda cool."

Behind you, Alyx steps through with her hands still in her pockets.

---Like always, she seems to take things with a casualness that is difficult for you to match, although in her case, it might just be her usual disrespect towards things that seemed to be trying hard to be "awe-inspiring."

...Not that a place has a consciousness.

At least, most of the time they don't...

"Well, let's get moving then shrimp, before the door closes on us or something... Seems like it'd be bad to get stuck inside of here..."

With that, she makes an obvious effort to get ahead of you.

Naturally, you resist the notion...

And thus, the usual sibling rivalry falls back into place as you both finally, after a number of hours, approach that place you called home...

There was a lot to do once you get back, people you needed to talk too, people you needed to reveal, plans you needed to make, and revelations you needed to drop...

Nothing gets in your way to stop the march towards the end...

From the start there doesn't seem to be any sort of life in here, it's like a tunnel that connects 'dimensions,' thus it makes sense that nothing would be alive inside of here, it's not the sort of place that is really designed to support life in the first place, and...

The door draws closer.

It had started off quite a bit away, more than a couple of blocks, but you supposed that made sense considering what this trip represented, but now that you're getting closer, closer, within fifty meters now...

(BGM Off)

---Something comes out of your destination.

Or rather...

Someone comes out of your destination, out of the white door...

It's no eldritch monster.

It's not something you cannot understand, no, it's something that you know well...

Especially well...

Symbol of Church's inner conflicts, the Blade of the Wings of Judgement...

"Oh, what the fuck, seriously?!"

Alyx swears at the sight of it, one arm going automatically to shove you behind her back, and-

"Cosmos Fairchild, Alyx Kingsleigh, halt. Stay where you are."

-the enemy speaks, it's voice genderless.

Yes.

Even though it has just appeared, it is something that has to be an enemy, at least for the two of you...

Yes.

The one that has just stepped out of that door of light, into a world it should not know about, is...

Denier of the New World
    White Shroud

Last edited by Airen; March 22nd, 2020 at 08:48 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Akarana Corridor
    ??? - ???

The moment the figure shrouded in white appeared from their destination, everything stopped for Cosmos. Her
    childish
    sisterly
    antics with Alyx, her concern for Illia, her thoughts on the way to best deliver the information they've gained to her mother; everything disappeared to the back of her mind as she fully focused her attention on the person before her, even letting herself be pushed behind Alyx.

It is only natural.

If Illia is having the first crisis in her life, then the Whiteshroud represents the day Cosmos first had a breakdown of her own.

Namely, the day she first met a true zealot of the church.

Of course Cosmos had heard of the schism within the Church before that fateful day from her mother. She had been warned, but she was much more naive and foolish back then, dismissing the zealots as in the minority, and how her faith and stance would never waver against those who had stray from her mother's teachings.

Until that fateful day.

She could still remember that meeting as if it were yesterday.

It was a meeting that began pleasantly enough, but soon devolved into an argument on the current state of the church. It was her very first real, serious argument with someone else, and she had went into it equipped with her faith in both her mother and God. She expected to open the man's eyes to the light, to made him realize that what he believed in was wrong, but--

"If coexistence is fine, then why did He order Michael to stroke Lucifer down?"

"Why else would God condemn those who worship beings other than Him if they were not something that shouldn't exist?"

"You are correct in saying that these demons and pagan gods are created for a purpose, Sister Cosmos, and that purpose is to be exterminated by us, the believers of His teachings."

That man - Father Abel - didn't even raise his voice. He merely calmly, with a smile on his face, rebutted every single one of her arguments and words until she could no longer fight back, speechless and powerless in front of someone who had preached for her to join his cause a few moments before. He left with the same smile, saying that the doors of the zealots are always open should she change her mind...

That encounter permanently scarred her.

After all, that day Cosmos realized that the most dangerous enemy - people that she should be most wary of - are those who possess strong faith like herself, the tamers of the church. That these zealots are her equal in faith and belief. Just like how despite being rendered speechless Cosmos wasn't swayed - not even for an instant - to join the zealots, the zealots would never be swayed to join her mother's cause.

It was since that day that Cosmos truly became a recluse, and the day her paranoia for her fellow church tamers were born. She stopped trying to make friends, the few budding friendship that she had were left to dust, and other than her mother, her aunt and Alyx, Cosmos stopped truly interacting with her fellow church tamers - her supposed brothers and sisters. Always wary, always suspicious that anyone could be a zealot, always watching her words and action in the presence of her supposed allies in order to not give them anything to attack her mother...

And the figure standing before them is the embodiment of all that. A symbol that represent the zealots as a whole.

White Shroud.

Instinctively, she took a step back.

Quote Originally Posted by White Shroud
    "Cosmos Fairchild, Alyx Kingsleigh, halt. Stay where you are."
    She clutched her rosary, trying her best not to make it obvious that her breathing is quickening, and it seems Illia had noticed the situation they had found herself in, as any previous feelings that she felt from her AI were suddenly replaced with wariness and a fierce desire to shield her from the threat.

'Cosmos...'

'I'm fine, Illia... I'm fine. Alyx is with me, and they couldn't just finish us off... No, this is still a time of negotiation. Hopefully we can resolve this conundrum peacefully.'

Silently Cosmos prayed to God to give her strength before taking a deep breath, mentally thanking her sister's presence before staring down at the hooded figure before them.

"Alright." She began, and she's glad to find that her voice doesn't waver. "Could you please enlighten us as to what business do you have with us?"
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, Forest
    ??? - Evening

"W-well, if it makes you happy, then I'll save it only for when you need cheering up! And I'm sure History would say the same thing!"

Unable to handle that cute sincerity, Daisuke looks away, feeling his internal core spinning up again for no reason.

It's only a moment. Yes, it's an out-of-character moment of vulnerability, so he mustn't hold onto it. Even someone as naive as him knows that much. He'll simply... hold onto the memory of Lexie's relieved smile extra hard.

Following Lexie in silence, they come across a scene. An all too familiar scene. How many times has Daisuke seen such a thing? Nearly as many times as he's been part of it. All too many times...

"Stop right there, miscreants! Give that young lady back her necklace right now! Games that end in someone crying are no good-!"

Boldly striding forward without hesitation, confronting them head-on and demanding that they cease their pranks...

...is what Daisuke doesn't do.

His first instinct, which he very nearly gives into, is swiftly quashed. Not because it's wrong, but because the Daisuke knows it'll do no good. Those buzzing flying things would just laugh at him and make him their new entertainment.

"Fairies..."

For a moment, his expression is crestfallen, his voice tinged with absolute despair.

Daisuke is the definition of straitlaced and by-the-book, a COMP that takes his responsibilities much too seriously and doesn't compromise when he can help it. He can't stand pranks or innocent people being bullied. Thus, it's obvious which kind of demon he can absolutely never ever get along with. The eternal jokers, the elusive pests of the Demonic Server that are as numerous as they are energetic, are his absolute opposites. And, of course, with fairies, the more irritating they are, the more power they have over you.

Yes, the greatest mortal enemy of the young COMP has appeared. In large number at that. In all the times he has gone against fairies, he has not won even once. The record currently sits at 12-0. Usually, he would defer to Chris and let her take charge, but in this case she isn't here. His one fallback is gone, with only Lexie for support. Her nature can be fairy-like at times, so perhaps she'd have better compatibility here, but...

"....it's possible."

Even so.

Even though it's impossible, he can't back down! Not when there's a smile to be protected!

Striding forward, with purpose, Daisuke assumes his adult form, clenches his teeth, hardens his resolve, and, firmly, decisively...!

"That's no good."

Walks up next to the girl, completely tossing away the element of surprise.

"You'll never catch it like that."

A hand pats her head. Instead of scolding the fairies, Daisuke gently scolds the girl. A complete reversal of the 'Justice' that he holds dear. But, when it comes to fairies... one needs to adopt a different sort of common sense. They aren't human, so trying to solve this like a human problem is both ignorant and foolish. The discontent between species can only be solved by understanding... and though he had never intended it, Daisuke has been forced to understand how fairies think. Now, he will make use of that 'understanding'.

He kneels by the distressed girl and looks her in the eye with a gentle smile.

"You need that necklace, right? In that case, just take a seat by the fountain for a bit and enjoy the sight. Or if you want, join in. It's not every day you get to see fairies flying around all together like this, y'know. That sort of play is a sight to behold."

Then, Daisuke stands turns to the feisty fae. Yep, there are way too many of them. But that's fine. The more the merrier.

"And you." Accusingly, he points his fingers at the whole lot. "I recognize at least half of those troublesome pairs of wings. Repeat offenders, eh? Looks like it's been too long since you tasted the sting of Justice's hand!"

Crack. Crack. Knuckles crack as Daisuke loosens his bow tie and pulls up his sleeves.

"Alright then! I'll be your opponent once more! We vie for the maiden's treasured necklace!"

It's very similar to what he'd initially planned, except... no, it couldn't be more different. Rather than denying the fairies outright, Daisuke simply offers himself as a substitute for the young girl. Instead of 'this game is wrong', it is 'I will play your game'.

If rudeness to humans is inconvenience, then rudeness to fairies is boredom. Theatrical entertainment, love of life, and a keen connection to the dramatic, such are the traits of fairies. They are simply behaving as is natural. So, in accordance with the laws of the land upon which he now stands, the COMP follows suit, putting on a melodramatic performance that wouldn't be out of place in one of Shakespeare's comedies.

"But beware... though I cannot fly, my leaps will reach even the treetops. Flee, for if you fall into my hands, I will show no mercy! But stray not too far, for he who loses sight of this fountain is... well... a big dumb loser!"

Yes, it's just a game. The fairies just want to have fun chasing each other around, running from the big bad big person. They merely picked the wrong target. So, rather than spoiling this game by treating it as a grave crime, it's better simply to correct it. Then, when everyone has had their fill, it will end in laughter and good cheer.

For once, Daisuke will try it his way.

"Now, that necklace is mine-!"

Besides... after a day of boredom, even a COMP wants to stretch his legs a bit!

Eva Ellet
    Hollow Fields, Academy
    World Designation: Revolution
    Noon, Foggy

Confused. Surprised?

…I don’t know a better word to describe this sensation. Recent developments are occurring faster than I can keep up with- an overwhelming influx of information. In chronological order, there is still the issue of aerial maneuvering, the apparent ability of my opponent to scan me in turn and use my own weaknesses against me, the problem of whether or not to press the offensive or attempt avoid the incoming usage of Maziodyne, and most importantly the fact that Agatha has somehow installed herself onto my systems…

All in all, it’s a lot to adjust to, and so I am sure that my decision making is not functioning as optimally as it should be.

But in spite of that… it’s not unpleasant. If there are bad surprises like this encounter, then there must be ones that are good as well.

“…Understood. Please treat me well, Miss Agatha.”

It feels a little weird to say this to the same person twice in such a short period of time.

“I look forward to working with you.”

There’s more that I would like to say, but it will unfortunately have to wait until the target has been dealt with.

As for how to respond to the incoming burst of lightning… my choice is obvious to me.

Attack.

There is, naturally, some logic behind the train of thought. Maziodyne will hurt, even if I were to guard. There is no guarantee that my current anchor- the spirit chain that remains intact, will remain so. And if the opponent is capable of scanning me as well, then an extended confrontation will only make this battle worse for me unless I happen across a different weakness.

But more strongly than any of those, I feel confident- maybe even recklessly so, given the basis is weak, that with Agatha’s help, my blows will be effective. So there is no reason to hesitate.

The spirit chain that up until now has been tightly swung around almost seems to loosen, as its purpose in providing perpendicular thrust to avoid attacks is now unnecessary.

“Then, since we are in agreement about its weak point… I’ll be going on the offensive now. My apologies, if things get a little rough.”

With that said, I tighten my grip as I tug on the chain with all the might I can muster, both physically and spiritually. The original purpose of Spirit Chain was always to help close distance. Even if the intended effect is no longer the same given the tremendous disparity in our mass, in the lonely land of the upper atmosphere the difference between me pulling a target closer or getting pulled closer to a target is irrelevant- all that matters is that the distance between me and the core shrinks as fast as possible.

There is no telling whether or not I’ll get more than an instant to attack before Maziodyne goes off. An instant that could decide victory or defeat- the only thing I can do is hit it as hard as I can, and pray that God smiles upon me.

And so, I’ll do exactly that. I begin preparing a spell to smash into the core as soon as I get within reach-

-Auto da fé.

Translated, act of faith.

Historically, burning at the stake.

And for me, the name of a very simple custom spell- a variant of aura blade without any special effects or complicated tricks, one that exists solely to provide destructive power, and for its effectiveness in doing so, the spell I consider my trump card.

Wise up!

Name: Eva Ellet
    Comp Heat: 0/10 -> 7/10
    When Eva is in combat mode (ready to fight seriously and hasn't been caught off guard) she gains the passive stat benefits of all three COMP types, in essence, when fighting, her base stats are effectively:

Strength: A
    Vitality: A
    Agility: B
    Sense: C
    Resistance: C

Auto Skills
    Judgement
    Absolution

Spells:
    Auto da fe x1
    Spirit Chain x1
    Tarunda
    Kouha/Kouga/Kougaon
    Aura Shield
    Phantasm Step

-Auto-da-fé-

Element: Fire

Based off of Aura Blade, this spell manifests itself as a crudely shaped mass of fire over Eva's arm. Calling it a blade would be rather generous- the mass does not cut through anything, and it doesn't possess any structural strength worth speaking of. Instead, Stake detonates in the direction of a given target. The blast is propelled at the object in question and destroys it with a combination of physical force and searing flames- essentially a short ranged magic shaped charge. Objects burned by this spell remain on fire for a while, but are easily put out with some effort.
    The core of the spell is nothing more than raw destructive power, without any particular tricks to speak of.

-Spirit Chain-

Element: Spirit

A spell that shoots out a rope of spiritual aura from one of Eva's arms, and quickly acts to ensnare a target. It inhibits their movement to a degree, but is not too difficult to break out of especially given time- it's greatest function is largely to transmit force, as grasp over the other end of the chain enables Eva to toss, throw or pull herself towards the target. Against opponents of much greater stature, this can even potentially backfire- for such cases, her end can be detached.
    Although the end of the rope is capable of some basic movements such as those necessary to wind around a target, it's trajectory is very simple and its speed drops dramatically with distance. This makes it usually only suitable at close or mid range combat.

Comp Action:
    1.) Punch/Kick/Etc (Normal Attack): Deals Strength based damage to targets. Damage dealt to others can be voluntarily reduced by holding back. Can be increased or altered through the use of magic.
    6.) Recall Demon/Summon Demon (COMP Action): Summon Diari to her side through use of the COMP's Demon Summoning Functionality. Cannot be used if the Demon is bound in some way. Cannot be used alongside other COMP Actions.
    7.) Decode (Auxiliary-Type COMP Action): Concentrate on decoding any hidden attributes the opponent may have, such as encoded spell data or falsified physical parameters. Will not reveal everything at once -and can only decipher things that have actually been in use around it- but will generally become more effective the more times it is used on a single opponent. Cannot be used alongside other COMP Actions.
    8.) Fortify Body (Armor-Type COMP Action): Negate the 'stun' chance of successful attacks that would target a user's weakness on this turn.

?) COMP Action "She Who Resides Over Power" (Please use this Agatha)

Name: Diari
    Class: Demon (Angel)
    Weaknesses: Curse
    Neutral: Everything Else
    Resists: Light
    Stats
    STR: C

VIT: E

AGI: C
    SEN: D
    RES: D
    Spells

Magarula
    Element: Force
    Conjures up razor winds to attack a designated area. General shape and size of the air-blades can be decided by the caster, but the strength of the blades themselves are determined by how much spiritual power was put into them (the spell rank.)

Special Traits
    -Guardian Angel-
    Not a warrior by nature, these angels are those who are said to be assigned to humans at birth; as a guardian angel, albeit one who's a bit lazy at heart, Diari bears the ability of passively healing her Summoner over time simply by being present alongside her on the battlefield...
    In addition, status effects that would ordinarily require the direct intervention of magic to resolve (those inflicted via a weakness) become possible to recover from over time instead; those that aren't have their duration lessened by a single turn.

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Akarana Corridor
    ??? - ???

"Certainly. You have come into contact with Magatsu."

---The Entity cloaked in the zealot's garb takes a single step towards the two of you.

As it does so, it releases the restraint on it's Reiki, and it's presence comes to permeate the entirety of this empty space, the 'water' down below moving faster and faster, as if trying to get out of the way of the one whose presence has just been made so dramatically known...

While it's voice is genderless, that makes it no less intimidating; the grab of the White Shroud was similar in nature to the protection "Joker" seemed to use back home, in the sense that it was an outfit meant to hide the user's identity from disapproving eyes... While one could say that it was the garb of a coward for that reason, the calm voice that emerges from a face you cannot see is one that cannot be denied...

It booms, echoes with a deep strength that seems to shake you to your bones.

There is no ignoring this entity, not just in the sense that doing so could easily prove disastrous, but in the sense that it's existence itself almost seems to make the world scream...!

There is no way to know who is under that garb, even so, whoever it is right now...

---Must be some sort of aberration-!

"Magatsu?"

Even so, Alyx is not deterred...

While she has yet to summon her COMP to her hands, the expression on her face is naturally defiant; while she is not the firmest of believers in the Church, the ones that the White Shroud opposes are her family members, thus, it's only natural for her to reject that person's presence with a questioning growl, fingers waving in a way that makes it clear she'll start shooting the instant it shows any sort of true hostility, and-

"World of Shadows, Sin, and mud... Hell, in a sense."

-yet it's voice remains perfectly even, because such challenges do not matter to it.

It is a warrior of infinite willpower, it will always do as it must...

"This is knowledge that is not needed back in Xanadu, it will simply be the cause of great strife at the start of a time where such things may become our undoing; leave the damned to their damnation, it was a mud of their own making after all, it is not something we should get involved with..."

It's talking about...

The world you had seen?

Not telling the people back home... Leaving those people to their fate?

"Yeah, how about no?"

Again, Alyx is defiant, naturally so, after all...

A Tamer's duty is so protect others.

Leaving someone to a horrible fate -even if that someone comes from a different world- is something that a Tamer should disagree with, and yet-

"I am aware that you two will not do so willingly of course, even if you could bring yourself to do so, the guilt would haunt you both for the rest of your life, therefore..."

A flash of light, as a massive white broadsword appears within the shroud's hand...

---Unofficially, the blade of the White Shroud was known as the "Alka Regus," or the "Arc Trinity."

It was a weapon used by all of them, even if the world was certain that a number of people existed beneath that mask.

---It's a COMP.

An absurdly powerful COMP, recreation of ancient holy blade. It is said to sever immortality, render healing magics useless, be effective against all supernatural beings, and even possesses a special Auto-Skill that-

=="Lost Elysium"==

-weakens other Harmonizers without fail.

A massive Bounded Field settles over everything, mingling with the reiki from before as a manifestation of this person's "presence," and-

Auto-skills won't function-?!

-a massive 'pressure' falls on the COMPs as well as you and Alyx, as an overwhelming foreign power infects the world around them and you-!

"Allow me to remove all of those troublesome memories."

---There won't be any real negotiations.

One way or another...

It intends to do exactly as it has just said-!
    Last edited by Airen; March 23rd, 2020 at 04:49 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Akarana Corridor
    ??? - ???

"This is knowledge that is not needed back in Xanadu, it will simply be the cause of great strife at the start of a time where such things may become our undoing; leave the damned to their damnation, it was a mud of their own making after all, it is not something we should get involved with..."
    At the words of the White Shroud, Cosmos clenched her fist as she glared daggers at the cloaked person before them.

Do they knew, then? The zealots knew of the existence of other worlds - including Magatsu - and did nothing to help its inhabitants, leaving them to their fate just like that? Under the pretense that they are not worth helping?

It disgusts her.

Their casual way of dismissing those who don't belong to their group stood against everything her mother had taught her.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyx
    "Yeah, how about no?"
    "A Tamer's duty is to protect." For once, she openly voiced her agreement with her sister. "People's lives are worth protecting. Ignoring a cry for help because 'they deserved it...' and you call yourself a spirit tamer, a follower of God's teachings?"

Like Alyx, by this point Cosmos has grabbed her rosary in her hands, preparing to enter combat should it be necessary... and her prediction came true as a white broadsword materialized in the figure's hands before a second later, an enormous presence and pressure descends upon them like waterfall-!

--It's heavy.

Much stronger and oppressive than the mud giant, stronger than any Tamer that she had seen in her life... This is the presence that a White Shroud brings. Absolute conviction and faith in their mission turned their spiritual power into something that no other tamers have, an inherent edge specifically geared to slay demons and those they consider as heretics; coupled with Alka Regus and Lost Elysium, there is little doubt in her mind that this upcoming battle will be the hardest yet that she will experience.

However--

"Allow me to remove all of those troublesome memories."
    Cosmos Fairchild stood in defiance of that absolute conviction.

After all, she, too, has a duty that she has to fulfill; people that she wants to save, a memory that she wants to cherish, and a promise she intends to keep. Even with her auto-skill disabled, even with the knowledge that her opponent outclassed both her and Alyx, and even with this space not being an ideal area for her to fight, Cosmos turned Illia from a rosary into a staff and rang its bells.

She has no intention to lose.

After all, her faith and conviction definitely won't lose, even against those of a White Shroud-!

"And we have no intention of letting you do as you please! Kouga!"

A lance of light is shot at the figure as Cosmos began running to keep some distance, Illia silently casting a tetrakarn on her body as a precaution. Against such an opponent, melee is practically a death sentence, and her usual tactics won't work with her auto-skill disabled. She couldn't risk summoning Sariel either with Alka Regus in play.

That means she has to figure out the White Shroud's general parameters and resistances first-!

Wise Up
    Turn Action: Kouga, Tetrakarn

Bell Charge: 1
    HEAT: 5/10

Spell Slots: Aster, Plasmic Fire, Endless Nova, Kou Line, Tetrakarn, Debilitate

STR: E
    END: B
    AGI: C
    SEN: S
    RES: B

Perks
    Against Doubt
    Last edited by palad1n; March 23rd, 2020 at 08:29 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    DTG
    Some kind of school?
    Morning

Click!

The sound of his old zippo lighter popping open announced the projected A.I.’s manifestation. Using the Hermes System, he projected himself a few meters back, casually blowing a smoke ring as he fell into step beside Erika.

“Gum shoe? How many times have I told you to hit up the steeples and cross and give a prayer that you ended up with that Dame O’yours” the old A.I. drawled to the placid presence of Lucid, whose nebulous presence he easily felt. He didn’t get a response. Didn’t expect one either. Lucid was always more the silent type. Oddly enough the two COMP’s still got along all right, despite the fact that the DTG certainly didn’t mind the sound of his own voice.

He wasn’t quite as bad as his wielder but...well, what would you expect from a COMP that was a microphone?!

At any rate the threesome of Erika and the two COMPs fell into a pattern of watching the back of a knight to brash to watch his own. Wasn’t the first time they had been forced to do so. If the vampire chose to reveal her fangs, it wouldn’t be the first time such a preventive defense would turn out to be warranted either.

Raz continued to demonstrate an entirely unwarranted belief that his shiny pearly whites and a few bats of his weirdly feminine eye lashes were enough to keep him out of trouble despite his unerring ability to find the shortest path between his nose and something dangerous. A facet that revealed itself once more when Raz took the unprecedented step of looping his arm around the shoulders of Isako as the walked towards the cafeteria.

Such a maneuver not only presented a significant amount of physical contact between him and a woman who did not seem that impressed by his charms, but also put his neck within less then two feet of her nose that surely smelled the tantalizing pulse of his heart beat.

...However, in the midst of his action, the DTG felt a flicker of something quite rare from Raz.

Revulsion.

...No, that wasn’t it. This was more...

Fear. The primal terror and horror that a mouse would feel chipping at a sunflower seed and turning just in tone to see the hunting snake reared, ready to strike. Prey’s instinctive disgust for the predator that thought his life was worth no more then a meal.

If Raz has enough self awareness to recognize that...enough basic humanity under his knightly honor to feel a natural prejudice towards vampires then...?

No, the old detective thought, discarding the possibility that it was because she was a pretty female. For once he could feel through their bond Raz was not in any mood to flirt.

The lion and the lamb.

Came the bard’s sending to his unasked question. Neither Raz nor the microphone could be considered especially devout but that was obviously a reference to one of the tenants of the church. How did it go?

Yes, he remembered. It went: “and the day shall come when the calf the kid, the lamb shall lie with the wolf, the leopard, and the lion” or something like that. It was a promise of paradise for a day in which there would be...

Ah.

That was the point. Avalon was supposed to be a new paradise, a shining city of chivalry, nobility, and love. Isako had committed no crime. Wasn’t Raz a knight?

Had he not accepted a skeletal warrior, an undying abomination as a sparring partner and worthy rival? Had he not taken the very sword at his hips from the hand of a dream demon, and left the sister he loved before all things in her care? Thinking back, even when the shadow butterfly woman had revealed herself to Raz, weak and alone, he still had refused to strike immediately, offering a hand in friendship.

The renown of a knight. The power of having so many know your name, of being honored simply by virtue of the august company came with very strict rules. A code that couldn’t be broken even if it meant your life.

Each knight interpreted that code differently but...one of the premises that must have been a bedrock to the knight of song was that nobody was evil until they are evil. So he conciliatory pushed aside his own reflexive disgust towards a creature of the night and both metaphorically and literally embraced her.

”...The kid is full of surprises” the DTG said ruefully, to nobody in particular.

At any rate when they arrived to the cafeteria, the DTG has to add new information to his deductions. First, this building was significantly larger then he had first thought. Secondly, if it had ever held a robotic production facility, such likely hadn’t been online in some time.

Hopefully whatever renovations had inverted it from the home of a famed if reclusive robotocist to its current status as a school for...well, whatever it was a school for hadn’t accidentally (or intentionally) destroyed any of the evidence they were here to find.

When Raz espied a room filled with teenage girls, the older COMP had to move quickly to avoid a tiresome scenario involving his erstwhile owner clambering up onto a table and serenading all present.

“Nope! Remember kid, we got another concert next week, you gotta keep it fresh.” THE DTG said quickly offering the only argument likely to sway a man who never believed in not singing. The sight of the sullen pout that tweaked Raz’s puffy lips told the older man that the remark had struck home.

Still just a kid...

“Hey toots. You don’t gotta worry none that her up for bracelets, lady-o. You aren’t in any trouble and we don’t aim to be putting you or any of your birds in stir neither. We are just here to try to keep the peace. We would take it a kindness if you could help us to have a looksie with this here cathouse of yours. If there are any places that have recently been boarded up or anything that had been left behind when you got here, that would be more a worthy use of ticks and shadows then, for example, your bedroom.

...Flatfoot.”

The DTG finished irritably. It was pretty clear if today’s investigation was to get anywhere it was pretty clear the detective was going to have to take point. It did kind of amuse him that he ended up having to say almost exactly the same thing to Isako as he had to Burroughs. Witnesses were useful, but sometimes you wouldn’t get anywhere with them until you reassured them that they didn’t have to be minding themselves for mistakes that could lead to unwanted results.

This was always true for kids, but it seemed the lady of the night was likewise overly wary, which was understandable considering her status as a minority that was often persecuted. The DTG and Raz were of a kind on that at least, if Avalon was truly to be the paradise it heralded itself as. Old grudges had to be set aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Swimming Pool 4B
    4th Period Class, Phys Ed. Swim (Combined Class)
    Noon

“Swim…” The question ran a marathon within Hyakka’s head. One who peered into the abyss that was beyond her eyes could easily become lost, moreso than the small girl herself. Rarely was she given a question that would have her search her memory, but in the case that such a thing did happen, the result was always the same.

It was as if someone had hit the pause button on her. Hyakka simply stared into empty space. Even though she was facing Kaori directly, it was obvious that where she was looking was not at all within this world.

“… I don’t know.” Returning from the depths of her lost memories, a conclusion was reached. “I’ve never tried!”

With an uncharacteristic enthusiasm, starkly contrasting the sudden lapse into the void she had displayed just seconds before, she looked around the pool.

“I would like to learn! But, there is something I’m curious about…” Hyakka turned back to the older girl. “Senpai, the school gave me this ‘swimsuit,’ so I thought everyone else would be wearing the same thing…”

For a moment her eyes went downward, to the sleek, navy-blue one piece that she had been told to wear. Apparently, it was difficult to find one in her size at the academy, but someone had pulled one out at the last minute to save Hyakka being exempt from the pool.

“They said that it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to wear that kind of swimsuit… so why is senpai wearing one?”

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Swimming Pool 4B
    4th Period Class, Phys Ed. Swim (Combined Class)
    Noon

"Why?"

A completely natural question...

If one were to look around at the rest of the students, it would become quite clear quite fast that the Student Council President was easily being the most flashy -in terms of her swimsuit choice- out of the rest of the students here; the others are dressed almost entirely in trunks or one-piece suits like yourself, albeit, with some of them expressing their individuality in the form of vaguely different hues of blue or black, but...

In terms of flashiness, Kaori is clearly winning...

It's the sort of thing that naturally draws attention, a swimsuit that would take an absurd amount of confidence to wear in this sort of setting, and in answer to that question the girl looks down at herself for a moment, poking at her own -unsurprisingly defined- abs for a moment -even though that might not be what really stands out here- in thought before:

"Well, I figured I'd wear it so I stand out more."

---It's hard to tell if that answer is simple, innocent, or something else entirely.

Especially with you being the innocent sort yourself, it's a remarkable answer that sort of radiates confidence in it's own way-!

"Bright red in a sea of blues. I wind up supervising this class a lot, so I thought it'd be best if people could find me quickly."

---It certainly does stand out, at least to you...

As far as the other students go... They seem to be used to it?

At least, they're not paying it any undue attention (probably because she could beat most of them up if it came down to it)... That, or they've just gotten pretty good at hiding it-!

She frowns, then:

"Why? Do you think it's too flashy?"

...Does she...?

Does she not know...?

Is this a Knight's purity, the confidence that comes with letting people see, or...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Avalon ~ Medical Ward
    ??? - Morning

---The moment you make even a vague request for something to drink, the blonde-haired young woman darts off in a blur of supernatural speed, an excessive movement that makes it clear some form of magic -likely a modified Flash Truth, judging by the way she had gripped the ground with her feet before taking off- was being employed to fulfill a request that altogether wasn't really that serious, but...

While Asuka wasn't particularly talented per say, she had a tendency to go above and beyond to make up for that lack of natural talent; of course, the tendency to do so seems to manifest itself mostly around you for some reason (she didn't magically dash around for the other Knights) but that was likely just a consequence of her having been assigned directly to you...

Or perhaps, just the fact that you had used to go to Saint Vivienne's together...

Either way, the fact that she manages to return with six different types of bottled water -three normal, three sparkling- and two different types of tea -Darjeeling and Chamomile- before you finish your last request is a bit impressive...

Especially with how she got some sort of canned coffee on top of all of that too, a sign that she was likely aware of your somewhat traitorous feelings towards coffee over tea...

"Tsukiko-san?"

Spreading the spoils of a vending machine war across the table next to your bed, the girl doesn't show quite the same level of respect towards the other knight as she does towards you, after all, to quote her, "you can only really have one senpai-!"

"I was told that she's being treated for frostbite," frowning slightly, the girl pauses her otherwise energetic sorting movements, "Report says some kind of conceptual magic reflected her own spell back onto her or something? It wasn't one of the karns anyway."

She closes her eyes, then:

"Also, it's not your fault."

Says that after opening one of them again, then:

"If anything, Tsukiko-san was being inconsiderate towards you. Using an ice-based auto skill? What was she thinking...?"

A bit of a huff...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Nagatani Academy (?)
    Morning

"...Curious."

Ultimately, the vampress responds in a somewhat bizarre way.

With the DTG taking point on this particular case, the goal of your visit seems to become more clear; of course, it had probably seemed possible to the woman that you would use some other pretext to try to pin some sort of crime on her -which could be why she had shown you blatantly to the student body, as if telling them silently that someone else was here- the repeated insistence on seeing older areas, things that had been left behind by an errant roboticist and member of the Akarana Family, finally seem to...

"...Do you really not know?"

...Seem to bring something bizarre out of the woman, a realization that causes her to rethink everything up until now.

You're not quite sure what it is you've said to spark such a change, but...

She starts off again, this time at a more brisk pace, motioning for you to follow her.

"I don't know about robotics equipment, but there is one thing in here I suppose," letting out a sigh as she talks, a sigh as your group follows along after you -with Lucid making a slight head turn towards the violet haired girl in the cafeteria, who stands up -smiling mysteriously- to walk over to him and his User to seemingly engage them in conversation as you leave- "I'm not sure if it's directly related to this person you're looking for, but..."

A pause in the hallway, as she turns her crimson gaze back towards you-

"If I were to tell you... That I came here from another world, not your Demonic Server but a different place entirely with a different history... How bizarre of an event would that be by this world's current standards?"

-and drops a rather bold -perhaps a bit crazy- claim rather bluntly, as if she had gotten tired of beating around the bush of this particular topic.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Hollow Fields, Academy
    World Designation: Revolution
    Noon, Foggy

---Attack it now.

Every move it makes is one that seems to box you in more, and you're certain that if it's allowed to continue on for too much longer it won't end well for you; due to the nature of the Harmonizer, having your systems seize up due to magic targeting your weaknesses is an outcome that could easily wind up being fatal as it continues to batter your body on the way down...

No.

You have to finish it right here, right now, thus-!

Reiki gathers, flowing freely through your systems as it gathers at your bidding, helped along by a new presence whose power gathers in it is as well, spiritual power reaching a fever-pitch as a manifestation of a Mythic Class magic begins to take shape in the world, and-!

You pull.

With all of your strength, you pull yourself up towards your opponent-!

---The result cracks the sound barrier, but no one hears the crack of the air being torn apart, no...

Because the world is already screeching at the sudden conflagration, the explosion of flames, that erupts from your arm and paints the shattered skies a brilliant, flaming crimson-!

-Auto da fé.

Translated, act of faith.

Historically, burning at the stake.

---At it's base, it could certainly be called a sword; or rather, one could say that it's origin point lay in the art of forming one's power into a blade; however, while it might look like such a thing at a fleeting glance, in reality, it is simply a conflagration of flames that happens to resemble a sword for a few fractions of an instant...

Light and Flame.

The Church is known for heavy use of both of these elements.

Of course it is only natural, when the Lord appears within the holy texts he has a tendency to do so as Fire; descending upon Mount Sinai as flames to grant the Ten Commandments to Moses, or existing as the Light of Creation that gave birth to something from the nothing, an indescribable light that gave shape to the shapeless, after all, on the first day, there was the light, there was also the dark of course, but God himself, in the eyes of his followers, no, in the eyes of humanity as a whole, the God of Christian Myth is almost always...

A Great Light, or an Indescribable Flame.

Aur Ein Soph or Fire of Sinai.

---You are no saint, nor an archangel, even so you are a warrior of the Church, of the Rose Cross.

Perhaps it is fitting then?

That your "Trump Card" takes the shape of an indescribable mass of flames, an explosion in it's truest form, scattering your opponents not with tricks or self empowerment, but through the simple act of overwhelming them with power itself-!

---You'll shatter it.

---You'll shatter it in one blow, it will not reconstitute itself-!

You cross the distance like a shooting star, a wrathful guardian of the garden, swinging a flaming sword to repel the darkness born from sin, and-

"Wait-!"

-you hold your blow for a moment at Agatha's call, and-

"...!"

-it shifts away from you.

This time, you can observe the phenomena with your own eyes, even so, it doesn't make sense-!

Flicker of physical form, no...

Alteration of space?!

Rather than the entity itself warping away from you, it is almost as if the world itself -or some other outside force- carries it away, stretches itself to put it further out of your range, away from the girl that had launched herself like a sonic jet, whose speed was slowly but steadily shrinking as she is forced to recross space once again towards her opponent, and-

Cloaked in crimson, an odd form of a Maziodyne, of pitch-black lightning storm shrieking as it descends on the planet.

---The cause must be the entity itself, or perhaps the 'strange power' it was using? Whether it be through altering the original phenomena through additional spells or some other, innate property, the creature responds to your finishing blow with what must be a finishing blow of it's own, lightning that screams and shrieks as it descends like a crimson and black net at first, before twirling into a drill of crackling electricity, a 'hungry' power that you recognize as having similar properties to it's other blow, a power that seeks to invade and undo, and perhaps to do something else after that...?

...Yes.

The source of the oddity must be the power itself, innate spiritual mutation, but-!

It doesn't change anything, or rather...

You can't let it change anything, from the start, you really couldn't afford to get hit up here, and that's why-!

There's no other way.

No other recourse.

When faced with teleportation and a counter-strike, you raise the 'blade' of flames and have it become not a shield, but a sword that will tear through the opponent's magic as well as it's body, and-

---Two Mythic Class magics collide in the sky.

When magics of this sort directly collide, the one that comes out on top is the stronger of the two; there are a number of things that contribute to this sort of 'strength,' from how much power is diverted to how many other functions are present inside of the spell, elemental affinities, and even the willpower of the user, but-!

"Alright, go, go! Break through!"

---This time there is no question of who will come out on top.

It's a reckless confidence borne from the presence of someone who hadn't been there before, of the second 'power' that had flowed into this spell along with your own, yes...

While the clash of magics paints the sky violet at first, black streaking lines of lightning shooting off as the "storm focused into one point" clashes against an "inferno," there is a cracking, crashing sound as flames break through and devour electricity, rushing up to devour the aberration that has taken root in the atmosphere-!

You fly, up and up and up, past the outer shell, towards that violet core, swinging your fist with all of your strength, fist hitting something like glass and-

-boom.

Fire escapes the binds of magic and will as it roars forth as a Mythic Class strike, the detonation itself blowing you back down towards the earth, due to being unable to properly brace yourself against the impact mid-air; ash and flames rain down around you as you descend, figure of your opponent blocked by the storm of flames that seems determined to swallow it whole, and...

One more time.

A sound of pain that scrambles your vision one more time, as an entity that you can't see cries out in pain one more time, and then...

It's gone.

You don't know if it died... But you do know that it's gone.

Yes.

---The flames disappear, and nothing is left behind in their wake.

The cracks in the sky vanish, as if whatever damage had been dealt to them had disappeared along with it, and-

"Hah-! Caught you! Guess things got more exciting then we expected, huh?"

-Agatha catches your falling form in her arms, flying without any obvious form of external aid, and-

"So your best move is a fire one huh...? Interesting..."

-A.I Agatha talks separately, inside of your mind...

They really do...

Seem to be separate beings somehow...

Separate... But connected...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Aoyama, Tokyo (F-Zero Course)
    ???

The eye glares down at him. Divine power gathers at its whim to smite the heretic who dared profane its body by trampling upon it, striking at it, refusing to yield to its might and its seraphim. The air rattles with its spirit power and its hatred; this is no warning shot like before that can be dodged by a cheap trick. The utmost of the Almighty, meant to obliterate the most adamant ramparts and eradicate the most swollen hostile hordes, now aweighs for the sake of exterminating a lone pest defiling the most sacrosanct of temples.

Logan’s unflinching gaze pierces through the cruel light to gouge into the cracks in the core. He lacks the time to unleash a decisive assault before that almighty blow scours him from existence, striking at his very soul to judge him for his myriad sins. He lacks the privilege of the sovereign that scoffs at such desperate, arrogant blows, denying them with its own unbreakable power. He lacks the inexorable spear that strikes true through all bulwarks, carrying his utmost for the sake of victory. All that he has are the howl and wrath of the storm, the armor of bygone chivalry, and his own swelling resolve. Will that be enough? Perhaps. In such times where one’s heart beats the drum of battle and one’s blood courses like the most engorged rivers, even the simplest of blows become truly devastating. But that requires his borrowed armor, and-

I never want to see that
    Knight
    armor
    break again.

Logan clenches his staff and slams her into the floor below, leaving her standing as a miniature tower against divine wrath.

~Nine Months Ago~

Logan lies on the floor, gasping for breath. It feels like he’s been trampled by a stampede of bulls. Even if he was in the simulator, he swears bruises are blooming all over his body. Amelia hangs heavy in his hand and his lungs hang heavier in his chest, straining against the weight of expectation as they force life into his exhausted body.

“You alright down there? Need a lift?” asks Astra.

“I’m fine.” Logan squeezes Amelia and rolls onto his side, forcing himself into a crouch and then unsteady standing. “We can continue whenever you’re ready.”

“Hmm.” Astra looks at him for a bit, then continues. “Think you’re any closer to a breakthrough?”

Another ragged breath, then a sigh. “It’s not coming together yet. Maybe I should use Kougaon as a base, but that spell’s always been finicky for me. Maeigaon reduces visibility too much, so Garudyne really is the best option, but…” He grits his teeth. “I’m not fast enough to deal with an omnidirectional barrage. Or strong enough to force the wind around me.”

Should I just give up entirely and make a purely defensive spell? No, I can’t do better than Crystal Coat. If anything, I should try getting it to work properly, but I just can’t get it right. Like I thought, I really can’t be like Sarah…

“I think you’re thinking about it wrong. You’re better with precision than strength anyways, right?”

Logan snaps out of his fugue. “I suppose, but I’m still lacking in too many areas. I couldn’t sweep away all of those orbs and Crystal Coat couldn’t handle them. Whether it’s offense or defense, I can’t overwhelm anyone.”

“If you say so. Though in my opinion, your Vajra’s good enough already; both as a finisher and as a fakeout. Even if someone dodges it they’ll be paying less attention to the next attack, right?” Astra stretches, her fluidity a stark contrast to Logan’s stiff grasp on his staff. “Besides, it’s not like weak attacks work on you very well.”

“So I should work on my endurance then?”

“It’s not like that’s a bad idea, but it only goes so far,” says Astra. “If you’re worried about your offense but need work on your defense too, why not go with both? If someone’s stronger than you, just use their strength instead.”

Logan cradles his chin, mumbling to himself. “Like judo. Or spaceships slingshotting around Jupiter. Or that time Phoenix Red had to fight the Matador Train but couldn’t break its shell, so she dodged at just the right time so it ran into an orichalcum vein and knocked itself out. Or…” He raises his head and meets Astra’s gaze. “Thank you for helping me, Astra. I want to try something; can we go again?”

She smiles. “Sure! Let’s go for the collapsing battleship setting this time, I haven’t tried that one in a while…”

Logan Starbright
    Aoyama, Tokyo (F-Zero Course)
    Instant of Fate

Spirit power spills from Logan’s body into Amelia, swirling around her and Logan in a vortex of faint blue. Energy winds around them, forming an ethereal ring of unfathomable intricacy. The air itself dances within the swirl, dashing faster and faster as the periwinkle urges it onward to greater speeds and heights - yet it touches not even a hair on Logan’s head. For the briefest of moments, in the heart of hell and the seat of hubris lies a zone of peace, a hidden garden where one can rest and be calmed.

A Spirit Tamer is a being who faces heights and trials once lauded as mere myth. They must stand as a testament that humans, once mere storytellers and bystanders, can and will match even the greatest of beings step for step and feat for feat. Thus, they require the power to surpass logic and rules and tread into the realm of myths. As modern heroes, every full-fledged Spirit Tamer possesses a myth of their own, a legend that proclaims with pride that they too are fit to be tales of triumph. For example, a blessing of wind that seizes victory in an instant. For example, a stake of flame whose sincerity burns even the mightiest foe to ash.

For example, a vortex of energy that turns even the strongest strike against its wielder.

Against the judgment of the Tower of Babel, Logan brings his pride to bear. And against such judgment, his pride is no more than trash in a gutter. That is why in this instant, the glittering orbs of his ally’s aid rise from the floor to swirl around him, like the finest jewels in a legendary treasure chest or brilliant stars and planets amidst the dust and expanse of space. That is why in this instant, the moment his treasured partner casts his trump card Logan flings his arms outward. Blindingly bright blue lightning howls as twin bolts surge up his arms like twin dragons winding through the heavens and leap into the maelstrom of spirit power, swirling like comets among countless constellations. Spirit power shines and thrums as it accelerates into an incandescent streak of palpable might in the face of almighty wrath. Countless stars streak upward to destroy the core even as the meteor crashes down. He can’t stop the Tower’s attack. But at the absolute least, he’ll be the only one left standing!

x
    x
    x
    x
    x

“Swirl of Samsara - Keraunos Mandala!”

Spells Set: Eye of the Fates, Swirl of Samsara, Garu line, ???, Crystal Coat, Zio Line
    Spells Used: Swirl of Samsara, Ziodyne x2
    Heat: 10/(10 → 6)

Swirl of Samsara - Creates a vortex of spiritual energy around Logan that pulls in nearby attacks and flings them at a target he designates, adding his own spiritual power to the blow.

As Logan is a weakling, he developed this spell to compensate for his relative lack of power. However, its effectiveness is entirely dependent on the enemy’s attack, so Logan endeavors to pressure them into using their trump card through his foreknowledge of their actions and movements.

Foundationally speaking, there is no theoretical limit to the magnitude of spells Swirl of Samsara can redirect; however, Logan’s spiritual power, even efficiently cycled as it is for the spell, serves as a hard cap to its capabilities.
    Element: Spirit

Keraunos Mandala - A technique Logan devised after having Swirl of Samsara baited out and wasted during a training match, leading to a resounding defeat. He utilizes Ziodyne at the precise moment that Amelia uses Swirl of Samsara to avoid overheating her, then fires the accelerated lightning as a truly devastating blow. It seems the name changes when he uses other spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Avalon ~ Medical Ward
    ??? - Morning

Ayra grabs a water bottle with a surprised blink, as if she can’t believe what she’s seeing. Her brain only somewhat registers the other girl’s words as she takes a sip, wondering how exactly Asuka got so attached to her in the first place. Tsukiko was also her senior, right? Even with the “one senpai rule” being thrown around, Ayra couldn’t help but feel like the difference in treatment was a bit excessive. If anything, shouldn’t Asuka idolize Tsukiko more? She was certain the younger girl and Tsukiko had more in common, and Ayra was pretty certain she was not the kind of personable senior people could get attached to.

She’s always been like this, right?

Aster does not deign to comment, and in the uncomfortable silence Ayra takes it as a sign it’s on her to navigate the situation.

“I don’t blame her. The goal is to capture Joker, so slowing down their movements is a rational idea. If anything, I should have tried to act in a more supportive fashion. Using Galeforce like that, when I was already aware of the risks…” Naturally, camly, Ayra covers for Tsukiko without hesitation. Truth be told, she’d cover for any of her fellow Knights (as many things were her fault due to her own impatience), but she had years of practice when it came to Tsukiko specifically.

“Besides, I’m used to dealing with that auto-skill form back in the academy,” Ayra continues, her manner somewhat lecture-like. “If I can’t deal with it now, it’s a reflection on my training, you know? I just need to work and prepare harder to deal with it. Sometimes you just have to deal with less than ideal circumstances.”

Aster: May have said a little too much there.

Crap.

Amamiya Sho
    Xanadu Laboratories ~ Aoyama
    ??? - Noon

"What would you know...?"

A part of me feels satisfied, triumphant. Having proved my initial theory right, I can essentially consider myself the victor of this verbal debate. However, the words that come out her mouth right after that are not the ones I expected, nor the ones I want to hear. They are painful, even if she has spoken them objectively and meaning no harm. So much so that I cannot enjoy my victory for more than just a moment. A fail-proof mood-killer, in a way.

No, it's more than that. I feel like I could get mad at this person. I feel like I could yell at her and point out her hypocrisy. But the anger I feel, the anger I do my best to suppress, is not aimed at her in the slightest. It's aimed at society and the prejudice they put everyone through. And to that, my answer will always be the same.

'What would you know?'

You don't know my parents like I do. How can you say such horrible things about them?!

"You don't know Kyp like I do. You don't get to choose what's right for it and what isn't."

With those words I send a message. It's a clear, selfish message that's filled with cowardice. Stay out, stay away, we're fine the way we are. I don't care if things can be changed, if we are fine the way it is, then leave it that way. I can't afford to lose more than what I already have.

"..."

I create a pause. I summon the silence in search for tranquility and peace of mind. I've already deviated from my objective way too much. Time to deliver the package so I can get paid for it. Because I really need the money right now. I've got mouths to feed.

"And this Jack? ... Seriously?" Relaxing a little, I point my thumb at the snowman a few meters back, demon who still yells curse words as it struggles to break free from the spider-web that Kyp has become. "He's a prankster and a thief. And he'd sell you off first chance he comes across. If you need an assistant, I can't think of one more unreliable. But, fine."

I say, and I toss the package for her to catch.

The moment her attention moves from me to the package in the air drawing closer, I quickly raise my COMP and snatch a picture of her.

"Oh hey, Google thinks you are the right person, too. I can find only like, two images, though. I am guessing you don't go out much?"

What I say might or might not be true, but it should not matter. Nobody searches their own name in Google in this day and age.

So I think I am allowed to throw one more jab before I leave.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers