Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2833

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds

---He neither flinches or interrupts in the face of any of it.

The almost shameless motions to retrieve the cigarettes and lighter that lead to a COMP screaming her virtual heart out into the sand, the somewhat clumsy words that appear in an attempt to compliment him, and the fist outstretched in a manner that you're not used to doing, yeah...

---To the first, he just takes it silently.

---To the second, he simply listens and accepts.

---And to the last, well...

"...Heh."

A fist meets a fist under the perpetually evening skies.

"Had to do at least that much, got hit with a mind whammy right out the gate, so it'd be a bit pathetic if I got nothing done in the end," taking a breath from the cigarette, the youth chuckles again as he exhales skyward, aware of the rarity and fragility of this sort of moment, and thus, unwilling to do much that would compromise it, "So it's not big deal. If there's one thing I can do in life, it's swing a bat."

He spins it once, and it fades away, reverting to low-power mode; the shape of a cell phone that he then pockets.

"You sure are a beacon for trouble though, not that that's a bad thing."

He laughs again.

"Makes life more exciting, way more exciting than under the old boss. Mind punches or no mind punches."

---And with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaise
    "... There's something over there that needs to be dealt with."
    ...He clasps you on the shoulder.

"...Good luck with that one."

Before marching off to intercept a useless 'guardian,' thus...

"..."

Time to see what sort of trouble the vampire is getting up to this time...

Her behavior is clearly strange, and that's saying something, considering she's probably the biggest weirdo you know; the posture she's taken by the fire is that of a cat who has frozen up after spotting it's prey, body preparing to pounce as it starts moving slowly, and to that...

You hurry up.

Who knows what sort of nonsense she might have caught this time after all?

Then...

She actually pounces?! Or as close as a humanoid body can get to pouncing, and...

There's flashes of something like white sparks, sand being kicked up amidst a struggle around the flames, and...

"Hey, hey, hey, Blaise!"

She seems to see you coming...

And she sounds way too... Chipper?

Way too youthful, like a young girl that has found a toy they have suddenly decided is cute?!

"I know I'm like, super behind the times and all, but this isn't normal for people nowadays right?"

And thus...

With those words...

She emerges, holding a struggling something to her chest with the sort of vigor one might use for a particularly loved stuffed animal, voice calm as ever, but face set in a girlish grin as the someone squirms in her arms, yes...

At first, you had thought it really might be some sort of doll, it was rather small after all, but...

No.

It's definitely a young girl, a little kid, one who is struggling a bit...

But only a bit...

As if she wasn't too offended by her sudden imprisonment in a vampire's hug?

"When I heard "Demonic Server," I didn't picture a place with wild fire-breathing children in it; that being said, this one is adorable, and I sort of want to keep her~ Is there a way to make that happen?"

...She must be joking, right?

Right?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama, Brighter Days Orphanage
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Hyakka
    “What did we do?”

Hyakka tilted her head in confusion, glancing around to follow the eyes of the panicked rabbit. Perhaps the Hare of Inaba was looking for that ‘he’ it mentioned.

“We took a bath.”
    "..."

The rabbit's eye twitches slightly at this, not to the left and the right as it had been, but rather in a strange way that made it seem like it was suppressing a scream again? Indeed, the look on her face quickly becomes one of disbelief, but all the same, it's also not like the rabbit would actually say anything to that effect, after all...

It panics too easily to really do so!

“But what a surprise to see you here, Rabbit-san! Is Onii-chan with you? And why are you on the moon? Do you live here? I thought you lived with Onii-chan, at that place he works.”
    Although at this, the panic starts clearly settling in again, in spite of her best efforts to hide it...

"N-No he's not here, I thought he might be with you-!"

Yes.

Trembling...

"But if he's not that's... Fine... I guess! Just gotta make sure nothing happens! You've lived through worse, Inaba, you can do it-!"

And self motivation speeches!

Complete with a clenched fist and closed eyes, as she does her best to convince herself more than anyone else, although...

"Inaba-san, don't ignore the second part of the question please."

...When Alice brings up that she ignored a good chunk of your actual question, well...

"Uh... Sorry... I uhm... No, I don't live here, I just uh... Visit, from time to time?"

As she speaks, you move towards the window.

...You can't see much, even after purposefully looking for this so called palace, but...

There is a definite silver glow in the distance...

And something that vaguely looks like the outlines of a city?

Although closer, and perhaps more notable...

Patches of some sort of glass like substance on the rocks around?

They look vaguely familiar, a bit like the gradient glass you had seen in those other dreams...

Still...

"This is the uhm... Dark Side of the Moon? I guess that'd be the most accurate thing to call it? It's a manifestation of the space humans couldn't see in their infancy... That sort of thing... Effectively another World entirely as far as humans are concerned, so you shouldn't be able to get here..."

She sounds nervous.

Then again, she always sounds nervous, since she basically always assumes the worst case scenario, so this is normal!

"You uh... You don't want to go to the palace though... It'd be a really bad idea!"

Although she does manifest some form of authority at this-!

"Lunarians don't appreciate outsiders, I'm not sure what Lord Tsukuyomi would do to you! Memory wipes! Launching you into space to drift forever in exile so you can't spread the secret! Launching you into the sun so you really can't spread the secret! Beat you up without listening to what you have to say! Send you home with a pat on the head! It could go okay I guess, but the odds that it would go bad are just so much more likely!"

She nods decisively, but...

That's some twisted logic...

As far as Alice goes, well...

"Oh boy, here we go again..."

Her head is buried in her hands, fingers rubbing her forehead to fight back the oncoming migraine...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

“Uwaaaah… it’s…” Grey, rocky, sandy. At the sight of nothing but the lunar surface, the girl’s voice began to get quieter, trying to hold onto hope that there might be… something. Something other than rocks and those gradient glass objects atop the rocks. “It’s…”

“The moon.”

“The moon…”

Hyakka let out a sigh, slumping out of the window. The scenery was truly that of the moon overlooking the blue and green earth. Perhaps that would have been wondrous in its own right, but she had set her eyes on seeing a palace. One with kings and knights and maybe a dragon coiled around a watchtower. A moon-dragon.

“Hm?” Her COMP called out to her. “There’s something in the distance.”

With godspeed Hyakka’s head jerked back up and she stared out into the distance.

“It’s…!” She leaned far out of the window, dangerously at risk of falling, even if there was no danger in such a thing at all. The girl narrowed her eyes and shielded them with her outstretched hand above. “A silver city!”

The girl pulled herself back in.

A silver city, and strange glass that reminded her of other dreams.

“The Dark Side of the Moon… what a mysterious place…”

“That raises another question. Book,” Tsubaki spoke up again, aiming her attention at the intelligent journal. “Honoka, correct? Why did you call this a nightmare?”

“Oh, that is a good question. Honoka-san, is the Dark Side of the Moon a place that exists in nightmares?”

Joining in, Hyakka held the book up.

“Rabbit-san sure does seem worried about that ‘Lord Tsukuyomi’… Could it be that the Dark Side of the Moon is a scary place?” She tilted her head. “But I don’t think they would have any reason to be mean to us. I’m good at keeping secrets!”

“…”

The AI said nothing to contradict the statement, but its silence could be felt with a shiver.

“I-I’ve never given away a secret before!” Hyakka spoke up to protest the chilly silence of her partner. “… Even if I’ve never had to keep a secret before either…

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---Again, attention is drawn to the enigmatic book.

Having been quiet for quite a while now, the return of eyes to the pages of the journal are ones that it almost seems to notice, empty pages drifting back and forth in a manner reminiscent of a nervous tick... Like someone tapping a pencil on a desk, or twirling some part of their hair while deep in thought, but eventually...

Honoka
    I referred to it as a nightmare because I sensed malicious intent.

Someone made a shift in the cognition around you, thus, we appear to have wound up on the Moon, or rather this... Dark Side was it?

I don't know if it naturally exists within nightmares, but every place I have been too so far has had the feeling of a 'dream' to it. This includes my journey with Lady Alice, the swirl of cognition is far too strong in the World for it to be 'reality,' thoughts are having too pronounced an effect... Or at least, that is the conclusion I have come too for now.

In essence, I believe everything I have seen up to and including now has been a dream.

That is worrying in it's own way, and means that someone is up to something absurd, but one thing at a time.

If everything is a dream, that would explain how you got here...

Worlds are normally separated by powerful dimensional barriers; your current society does not seem to have a way to brute force their way through them normally, but...

In dreams, these barriers are weaker.

It might be possible to 'slip' through them in that case, which would explain how you got here...

Someone threw us here!

Maybe!

I am not sure.

It is difficult to be one-hundred percent positive without a proper body.

...She gives a surprisingly verbose answer!

The writing is almost excited, like she is pleased to be useful, and unlike a lot of other supernatural entities, she...

Explains herself pretty clearly!

Or at least, doesn't seem to be purposefully trying to obfuscate anything...

As for Inaba...

“Rabbit-san sure does seem worried about that ‘Lord Tsukuyomi’… Could it be that the Dark Side of the Moon is a scary place?” She tilted her head. “But I don’t think they would have any reason to be mean to us. I’m good at keeping secrets!”
    "It is... Uhm, not that they wish to be mean per say, I don't think they want to be scary, but..."

The rabbit sort of taps her fingers together nervously...

"Where humans go, their "Logic" tends to follow; the Dark Side of Moon does not follow the same laws as the Earth, but if enough humans came here or learned of it's existence, they'd want to learn more about it, and their thoughts would start to warp it too."

She sighs.

"That NWAB base being put on the 'light side' was almost considered an act of war, although Lady Kagura made it clear after an investigation that the humans were unaware of it... It was ultimately determined to be fine, they can have the light side, their own 'Logic' makes it difficult for them to observe the Dark Side anyway, since it is a manifestation of the part they couldn't see... Conceptually, it has that sort of anti-observation barrier over itself..."

...And is surprisingly technical, all things considered?

Although Onii-san had always said rabbit-san was a "hero deep down," and had "seen some things," so...

Perhaps it's not too surprising, seeing that she's at least competent when it comes to the workings of magic...

"...I see. It's fine then."

And finally...

Alice speaks up again, removing her head from her hands.

"If we simply keep this knowledge to ourselves, there is no threat here right?"

She smiles.

"Your little rant before seemed to imply that this 'Lord Tsukiyomi' could send us home, so if we speak with him reasonably, I'm sure he'd be understanding of our... Current plight... However it happened... A problem for after we get home..."

And heads for the window herself, although...

"Maybe..."

Inaba says this in response, nervously biting at her own thumb and swaying back and forth, before...

"Although, the city has been getting hit by weird monsters lately, so... I'm not sure how friendly they'll be..."

...Weird monsters huh?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hiyori
    SLEIPNIR - Bottom Level, Genesis's Lab/Engine Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

---Your spell eventually breaks apart into spirit particles.

Watching it, the magic certain heads into the distance, a bolt of power that becomes a pinprick of light, but much like you...

It seems to be caught in this bizarre infinity loop.

It never reaches it's destination, it never reaches anything, because it is not allowed to reach anything...

Therefore, it's only recourse is to eventually run out of reiki and disperse; it's a bit of a strange sight, a thing that marks your situation as exceptionally bizarre, considering the fact that a Tamer Base should not be able to be compromised this easily (especially this one) and yet...

That seems to be the case.

Something very, very strange, and thus very very bad is going on, but...

Never surrender!

There are ways to do tricks like this with modern magic! There could be an armagus device you're tripping over and over again without realizing it, leading to you being in an infinite loop, or a bounded field made of runes that you happen to keep passing without realizing it, hell, if they were being particularly insidious, well...

All of this could just be happening inside of your own head...

---That would be the worst case scenario, and thus, one you push to the side for now.

For now, you check the hallway, at a much slower pace than before, much more meticulous, and...

While you can't find any runes or hidden devices...

You do notice that the hallway is an exact replica, that is, it is not like it is a hallway that changes as it goes on; it's more like someone is just copy and pasting the same eighty meters or so over and over and over again, to the point where even the weather outside continues to repeat, meaning that either the windows showing the outside were themselves an illusion, or some time manipulation nonsense was going on...

Considering looping a "moment" over and over again would be magic of the highest tier, it was probably safe to go with the "this is all an illusion of some sort" theory, which meant time was still chugging along as usual, you had just been trapped in such a way as to be unable to call for help or escape through normal channels...

Or at least, you couldn't escape through any of the methods you had thought of so far...

There were always tricks to these sorts of things, so a method probably does exist, but...

Thinking of it was proving problematic.

As for other changes, well...

There was one thing, or rather, one person...

The woman from before, the strange one, the stowaway.

At first she had simply closed her door and left you to do you, but as your meticulous search progressed, it seems that you had started to attract her attention again, especially when you wind up passing her door more than once, and...

As you do, she starts to more blatantly come out of the room.

First peeking at you, then standing in the doorway, and finally sitting in the office chair with one leg crossed over the other, watching you persist through this 'trap' with a hint of something like... Amusement on her face...?

Although when you directly look at her...

"..."

She just makes the motion for you to keep trying, along with a thumbs up and a smile, so...

...One of those annoying ones, huh?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ Brewed Awakenings
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

"Oho! You challenge me again, Bard of the Golden City?!"

---As expected, Matador is about as over-the-top when it comes to this mundane sort of work as it is when challenging Tamers to duels-to-defeat; indeed, the skeleton's hand had come to hover automatically over the rapier as you had gone for your katana, ready for any sudden strike that might come heading it's way, but at the same time, when your hand skips the blade and moves to your clothes, it's own hand goes to readjust it's apron-!

"Very well, I shall finish you here!"

Before raising it's own gloved hand with all the force of a lawyer pressing the culprit on the stand-!

That's right.

It just goes along with it, as easily as breathing... If it could well, breathe, which it almost certainly could not. Still, the demon's tolerance for insanity was delightfully high, while it's own presence here was certainly absurd, and it had probably wanted to explain the circumstances behind why it happened to be behind a counter in a coffee shop in the center of Tokyo instead of challenging squires to fights on the beaches of Avalon, well-!

It was challenged!

And challenges cannot be rejected!

That would simply be dishonor!

Thus-!

The battle begins-!

---Or it would have, yes, it would have...

"...Sorry to burst your bubble here, but..."

...If Zerah didn't point a certain flaw out right away-!

"You do realize we're supposed to be trying to avoid attention right now, correct? Do you want Winters to beat you up when she comes back?"

He's far too reasonable of a person!

Far too reasonable! Or perhaps simply obedient when it came to being ordered around by women?

Either way-!

"...There haven't been too many customers anyway, I think everyone is avoiding the rain."

He also points out another problem, namely...

That the customer base had been pretty spare today...

There had been a few drifting in and out, but...

Right now, it was almost dead silent?

There were no people out and about in the storm, although the lights of the neighboring buildings were on, and...

As it comes to attention, well...

It starts raining even harder.

"You two may just have to entertain each other for once..."

Although, strangely enough...

Zerah smirks as he says this...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ Brewed Awakenings
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

If there was one thing that Raz and the matador had in common, it was a belief in setting the stage. So from a very limited standpoint, Zerah’s objection was quite reasonable.

Indeed, even ignoring the practical difficulties have having a customer based contest without, you know...customers...

Well, another similarity between the bard and the skeletal swordsman was a very sincere belief that’s duel was best fought with an audience!

So certainly, as a chill rain kissed wind swirled through the nigh desolate shop, Zerah could be forgiven for reprising his oft held role as Avalon’s straight man. ...Incidentally Raz had been trying to stop being a “straight man” for years, but so far with little luck.

At any rate there was however a mistake that had been made, one Zerah had not yet appeared to process. And it probably was not the fault of the winsome young swordsman, as he chided the black haired knight who was currently tapping away at a small smartphone, rather oddly reminiscent of his young protégé Sara Cross.

No...the mistake had been made by...

Erika Winters.

She had worked with the bard on several missions, and likely was well aware that asking the black haired bearer of the HEAT microphone to keep a low profile was a fools errand. So presumably she had asked Zerah to keep a leash on the other knight (a thought incidentally Raz would have been entirely ok with, provided it was literal) but what she had actually meant was something like ‘when Raz goes insane, please try to mitigate damage.’

That however did not appear to be what the light haired knight had heard and expected. He seemed to actually anticipate at least of level of quiet, care, and sober reflection.

Moe.

“Zerah, my dearest...” the black haired knight said in reply, honey in his voice after tapping a moment longer on his phone.

”Have you ever hear the expression, ‘to light a candle is to cast a shadow’?”

Even Zerah, introverted and pure of heart, probably at some point or another would recognize on some level the threat the phone represented as a tool to reach the outside world...but he understood the knight’s heart well. Though Raz could have marshaled his fans by way of his fan site...doing so would arguably violate the knight’s code as it would likely give Raz an edge in the battle.

Now, it could be argued Raz would be within his rights to do so, on the grounds that he had accepted a major handicap fighting the matador last time, two in fact, one by declining to have the other squires participate in the fight and second but by not only engaging the matador on the matador’s home turn of a pure martial brawl but actually buffing and enhancing the matador out of fairness.

Buuuuut that would require forethought and a sense of reciprocity, and Raz didn’t have time fo’ that!

Therefor, Zerah had probably correctly deduced that his musical counterpart would never stoop to summoning a throng of fans to his side.

But...as if to mock his hopes...

”Being an idol is more about accepting the love of your fans...more then loving them in return. There would be no need for Tamers if it wasn’t for evil. Light is most precious when it is alone in the dark. Being an idol...means accepting hatred too! It means to take all the hatred and frustration that comes your way, accept it and love it till that love conquers hate. And as a knight...well...a real fight doesn’t start until your back is against the wall...!"

At that rather ominous prediction, Raz tossed the phone in his hand over to the matador, a bit of forewarning offered in the sense of fair play. On it was the fan site.

...But not Raz’s

Muscles, Yeah Yeah!!!
    (And then muscles took over the world)

Yup! The page was open to a popular forum where Tamers and meat heads alike congregated to share work out tips and commiserate over their love of a well developed form...and trash talk those who could not appreciate a manly physique...

Like for example, a certain knight whose difficulty accepting a body builder’s touch was well documented. There was a very new post at the top of the page.

That wasn’t the only page open. A brief skim over the recent tabs would have listed interesting titles.

Support group for men whose girlfriend left him after she had sex with Raz.

Support group for men whose girlfriend left him after he had sex with Raz.

Why today’s music is just noise, a forum for oldies, by oldies.

Yes...Raz would never afford himself an edge in an honorable duel by rallying his fan base. But that just meant he had to reach out to those who were t his fans, but would still heed his call. As an idol, it didn’t matter why someone was in the stands. He would shine so bright, and smile his heart out until he had won their heart.

”By the way, Zerah? Snookums? Just so you know...while it is raining outside...” there was an audible thunk as the black haired bard pulled a large jar from underneath the counter, set it up be the cappuccino machine and then rotate it so the words ‘protein powder!’ were clearly visible. “Well, you are hearing the rain but...that isn’t thunder.

And that was about the time when mostly empty, rain slicker streets began to fill. And what was approaching the small location, soon to be the sight of a duel...

were mostly...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	053504ba8173b679f9716013c58e1c3d--ken-street-fighter-my-hero-academia.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	14311

Muscle men!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Simulator
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

I guess she’s not ambidextrous.

Despite his curiosity, that thought worms its way through his head as he watches Mokujima attempt and fail to multitask. Sure, multitasking was a myth, but that just meant one needed to have enough capability to do every task at once. Sarah’d made it look natural; he’d never gotten to her level. He blinks, refocusing on the woman in front of him. Flickers of emotions assert themselves on her stoic countenance, granting Logan a rare piece of insight into the reticent Tamer. She doesn’t trust easily, does she?

"...exposed to mud. From Ruina."
    : Ruina? Eve mentioned that, said it’s where she was from.

: Should I ask more questions?

: ...Leave it, there’s bigger cows to grill.

The lull passes, and the brunette continues to speak.

"It's not an immediate threat. Lower priority. Spiritually, parasitic. A spell, or spell-like lifeform. Doesn't exert active influence, but... can't be removed. Yet. Separating limb... makes it appear elsewhere."
    Another blink. Then one more for good measure.

: Logan, this chick’s a few Pikachus short of a PokeDex.

“I’ve had it examined myself, not quite as in-depth as you have though due to the circumstances. It’s an ancient style of contract apparently, though I have no idea as to when I’ve accepted such a thing. It’s designed to funnel energy into the bearer; of what type, I’m unaware.” He brings his hand back to his side, unconsciously tightening it into a fist. Still, power is power. If it’s something I can use when the time comes, then I’ll use it. That’s the only recourse for a weakling like me.

"...and Chris is fine.”
    Chris Mokujima is a strange one. By all metrics, she’s the very opposite of super duper casual: she shies away from the brilliant, speaks haltingly to others, thinks nothing of grievously injuring herself, and shuts herself away from all outsiders. There’s not a single respect in which she matches his idea of an SDCD Spirit Tamer. Yet, she was one all the same. Why? The only answer Logan can think of is that-

She wants to change, so she went to a place that represented how she’d like to be. Like him.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Chris.” He walks toward her before extending an open hand. "I'm Logan. We'll be working together, it seems, so I hope things go well."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Simulator
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Late Morning

"..."

Chris stares at the proffered hand as if it's a sudden letter of resignation. She blinks, glances up at Logan's face, then quickly back down at the hand. Her expression is once again unreadable.

After a few moments, though, she shifts the phone to her left hand, takes a few steps forward herself, and takes his hand, shaking it firmly.

"Mm. Let's... get along."

Blog Entries
    Hiyori
    SLEIPNIR - Bottom Level, Genesis's Lab/Engine Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Deciding to stand still while my Kouha went off in the distance, I watched the light spell disappear off into the distance and go way tooooo far for it to hit Genesis’s door. I stood there waiting for it to dissipate fifteen seconds later. Endless going off into the distance… Ahhhhhh! I really really didn’t want to play spot the difference between hallway loops! It takes way more time and effort to figure out how to break out and every second is crucial when people are in trouble!

I started slowly going through the hallway a few times. Forward. Backwards. Flying right side up. Flying upside down. If it was normal magic, there should be something weird about this hallway! It’s more likely that there’s some piece that they left to let the spell automatically! Because the caster surely wouldn’t be dumb enough to center the spell on themselves and trap themselves in with their target. But! But! There wasn’t anything weird about the hallway just yet. In fact as far as I could tell, the hallway was perfectly normal! Nothing! Absolutely nothing weird or out of place!

Actually there was that one weird person, but if they were the villain. Then they wouldn’t just casually look at me while I went back and forth in this endless hallway without a word. In fact, they casually gave me a thumbs up once I stopped to think once more coincidentally in front of their door. The only fishy thing about them was just the sheer SMUG aura coming from them while I was trapped in this endlessly looping hallway. It was almost like they knew something about this that I didn’t know. Sorry for being a baka COMP! Not everyone was born smart!

Eventually, I just gave a sigh before lightly saying.

“I guess… It’s time to check the rooms. Maybe the thing trapping me here is in one of them...”

Blog Entries
    Illia
    LOVELESS, Vatican City
    12/22/2026
    Evening, Thunder Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Ilia
    "I'd never make a deal with someone who made Cosmos cry."
    Silence.

For just a moment, silence, and then...

"...Of course you wouldn't."

The clown speaks up, as gently amused as always, as if the patterns of human thought, the twisted loops that humans get themselves into, brought a smile to it's face. Because of course it did, no matter what anyone says does, it'll find some way to twist those actions and thoughts against you with words alone, effective mostly because it doesn't actually seem to do much on it's own, it just...

Pokes holes in the lies you tell yourself... Or, perhaps...

Just convinces you that that is what it is doing, either way...

"That's convenient right? I made the kid cry, so you don't have to do the thing you secretly don't want to do; lets you dress it up as heroic in your head, like you're doing the right thing!"

It giggles.

"It's like you don't want the issue solved at all! Because you don't! It's better for you this way! Or maybe... Maybe it just feels good to feel so special? Like everything revolves around you? Not just for you, but for the brat too? A twisted masochism?"

Empty eyes.

Masks are already a tool one uses to hide their true self from the world, and thus, the look of that entity is one that lacks a distinct humanity to it, like a toy had simply come to life and started trying to tear your brain apart, but...

For a moment, they do seem to grow colder, more empty.

"Always easier to cry than to act! Find someone to blame for everything, and the easiest target is yourself! Such a delightfully stupid-"

---Perhaps that's why, someone finally gets tired of it.

This cycle of malice, of listening to words that are designed to do nothing more than make someone drown themselves, yes...

A voice cuts through it all, a stern voice, noble enough...

"LOVELESS, cut power to the laboratory."

...Yes.

Sofia is certainly tired of listening to that clown cackle and screech and dance and have it's way with a child's damaged mind, so...

---Everything goes dark.

The clown doesn't get to finish it's taunts, and instead...

"Nothing worth listening to in all of that, just a beast screeching up from the depths, calling the world a nightmare."

...LOVELESS's princess...

Simply ends it in a literal flash, the room going dark just as that clown's face had grown to encompass the screen...

"Daniel, go check the outside if you would? Make sure he's not blaring his nonsense on anything else?"

She gives her orders.

---The fedora wearing man tips his hat at them, and then wanders off, while...

"...Can you stand yet, Fairchild Girl?"

...The taller girl kneels down at her side, expression kind enough...

But also firm...

Just like a princess here, as well as everywhere else...

"If not, I will sit with you until you can... Say as much or as little as you want."

...And then...

Silence.

Real silence, unbroken even by rain.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Vatican City
    12/22/2026
    Evening, Thunder Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sofia
    "...Can you stand yet, Fairchild Girl?"
    The voice of the princess was akin to that of a lifeboat when she was stranded in the midst of the sea of her own thoughts and dreams, where she almost drowned and never to resurface.

It was a funny thing. Cosmos didn't really remember what had happened or what she had dreamed, but she was sure she had accepted her fate. And yet when she found that lifeboat, she had immediately grabbed onto it with all her strength, and as a result, opened her eyes in reality, where she was hugging the blanket that Sofia must have provided her with at some point.

With shuddering breath, she rose, still hugging the blanket like an extra layer of protection, and she almost, almost lost her self-control and hug the girl just because of her dress and blonde hair reminds her of her mother, but thankfully she managed to rein herself in. Her eyes slowly looked around, taking in the surroundings and reminding herself that she is currently in LOVELESS, though it seems that the conversation with JESTER is thankfully now finished.

'... Illia?'

'Yes, Cosmos?'

Relief washed over her the moment she could hear the voice of her COMP, and she thanked God for the small blessing. 'Nothing. I just... just want to make sure you're here, somehow.'

"If not, I will sit with you until you can... Say as much or as little as you want."
    Sofia's words then turned her attention to the princess, and with red eyes, she looked at the girl in silence for a few seconds, before she managed to articulate her thoughts and finally speak them out loud.

"You are a kind person, Miss Sofia." She said, though it came out weak, more like a whisper. "Thank you for worrying about me." She managed to strain a smile before she started to wipe the remaining tears away with her sleeve.

"--It's silly, really." She started suddenly. "It was... Miss Sofia had lost someone dear too, right? And yet you are holding yourself strong, gathering all these clues and doing something productive. It's really admirable." Cosmos looked down to the floor, idly swinging her legs a little. "Meanwhile, I just... broke and mope around all day. Even though so many people were hurt, and so many people are surely having a worse time than me, they're handling it much better. Even my sister, I bet."

A mirthless chuckle. Or perhaps one that is directed at herself, before she face the concerned princess once again with a resigned smile, a smile of someone who seems to have come to an epiphany about themselves, before she got off and stand on her own two feet, shedding the blanket and folding it before putting it on top of the makeshift bed.

"Sorry you had to listen to that. I'm fine to go, now."

Somehow, it seems rather sad.
    Last edited by palad1n; February 23rd, 2021 at 12:52 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Nameless Forest ~ Kuzunoha Village
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

“It’s…” Ayra pauses, words hard to force out of her throat. Has she overreached? She shouldn’t let Aster have pressured her into doing this. In fact, it’s not too late for her to get cold feet and clam up. Isn’t she doing that at this very moment?

Yet, she can read the feeling in her own voice. A plea for help, as pathetic as it is. If she was stronger, more determined, she wouldn’t cave, even in a moment like this. But Aster has been the only one she has vented to this entire time, and she is just as much part of the problem as she herself is.

“It’s best if I show you, I guess.”

She adjusts the ring on her finger and prays.

Aster, Ayra realizes, has changed her sense of style since they’ve last spoken. Much more normal than before, which is a huge relief, but at the same time it makes it all the more irritating that she’s Tsukiko in all but mannerisms. Like staring into a warped reflection of reality.

Not that she can blame Aster for how she is. That’s her fault, after all.

Aster stretches, mostly theatrics. It’s not necessary for a COMP’s AI to do these things, but enough research has been done that makes the issue simple—the less human you act, the stranger it looks. And for her, having served as Tsukiko’s double for when she slept through class, well, this sort of imitation was second nature in her programming.

“It’s lovely to meet you, Miss Mikagura.” Aster gives a carefree curtsy, but truly, what bothers Ayra the most is just how polite her COMP sounds. She’s never heard Aster take that tone with her in her life. “I’m Aster, the manager of Ayra’s Twitter account.”

Ah. Nevermind.

Aster laughs at her own joke, covering her mouth with her hand in an attempt to seem dignified. She’s having too much fun, Ayra thinks, and she can feel her cheeks heat up. This is, without a doubt, the worst idea Aster has ever convinced her to do.

“As you can see, my owner has a much more emotionally vested interest than she let on,” Aster says, a wicked grin on her face. “Any good at relationship counseling?”

God, someone should just kill her already.

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Vatican City
    12/22/2026
    Evening, Thunder Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos
    "Sorry you had to listen to that. I'm fine to go, now."
    ---An arm ultimately stops you from rising.

Certainly, the blonde girl had asked if you were capable of standing on your own, implying that she wished for you to do so... But the reality of the situation changes in the end as she listens to you, a firm but gentle arm moving reflexively to bar you from going ahead, not pushing, simply stopping, and...

"Silly?"

A question, a serious question, made with clear blue eyes that still show the strain of fatigue...

"Why is grieving silly?"

---It's a question that doesn't have an easy answer, and indeed, after a moment, the girl simply shakes her head and continues after a brief moment of silence.

"Everyone does it in their own way. You say I look strong...? Perhaps I do right now... But a few days ago I was inconsolable, I locked myself in here and refused to eat, I snapped at the only person that came to check on me, sometimes I broke things just because they were around, I couldn't sleep because it was all nightmares, but at the same time I didn't want to stay awake, so here I am right now, somewhere in between..."

She's shockingly open about it.

Perhaps it's simply in her nature? Choosing not to hide her weakness outright?

Perhaps she thinks it has more control over her if she does? Or maybe she's simply trying to make some sort of point?

Whatever it is...

"Of course, Shuichi wouldn't want me to cry about it, and knowing that helped... But it can only help so much, you know? Sure, he wouldn't approve of me moping around, but the moron went and got himself killed... Still, he wouldn't approve of me lying around in bed all day, he definitely wouldn't approve of the crying, so I tried not to do that... It worked, a little, maybe a lot, if you're calling me strong... I'd say I'm simply putting on a good face."

Eyes close.

Another sigh, a brief shake... Like inner emotions surfacing for just a moment, traveling throughout the entirety of her body as she talks about them, then...

"I'm sure Mary was the same, those that are gone don't want their loved ones to self destruct... Why would they want that? Grief is a heavy burden, but death is something you shouldn't chase..."

A brief flicker of some emotion, a sad smile perhaps?

"Not that I'm a counselor or anything... Although..."

She shakes her head...

"The Kingsleigh Girl... She is the type who throws herself into work, but she isn't handling it well at all... She is like a corked bottle, desperately holding everything in so she can appear strong for others, but shaking the bottle constantly by doing so... And when the bottle inevitably breaks, she'll be in trouble, perhaps more than you might realize... But if you're family it should be okay to grieve together no? Before it's too late to do that?"

A sad laugh...

"Or at least... That's what I've been told you should do... I wouldn't know nowadays, really. "
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Vatican City
    12/22/2026
    Evening, Thunder Storm

When Sofia pushed her back down and started to talk, Cosmos listened obediently - or at least, it appeared as such. Certainly, the words entered her ears and is understood in her head, and indeed knowing that Sofia is not as strong as she appears to be in handling this sent some form of relief in knowing that she's not alone, but for someone whose mind has entered a self-destructive spiral, most of the words that Sofia has said are dismissed as the words of someone who don't understand, in the end.

But...

But...

"I'm sure Mary was the same, those that are gone don't want their loved ones to self destruct... Why would they want that? Grief is a heavy burden, but death is something you shouldn't chase..."
    The moment she said those words, it felt like someone had punched her right in the chest.

Because at that moment, Cosmos understood that, to some extent, Sofia understood.

"... So what did you do, then, Miss Sofia? To not chase death?" She quietly asked after the princess has finished speaking. "Do not misunderstand, I... I have no intention on chasing death, at least not until all this mess is finished, but..." She drew a sharp breath and and let out a heavy sigh. "I am a burden. I am not someone who matters. I am someone who, in the ten years she has existed, has only brought misfortune and tragedy to those closest to me. So really, me dying would be a great service for everyone involved." Another mirthless chuckle. "Mother is mother, so of course she wouldn't approve if I want to die, but that's because she cares about everyone." A pause. "I doubt she cared or loved me more than she loved everyone else."

"As for Alyx... Well, she is a good and strong girl. Should be better than me on all fronts, at least." She said with a sad hum. "And while you might have a point on grieving together, I... I don't think that it would be a good thing. My relationship with her is rather complicated, you see." She stared at her feet, once again swinging them. "And I don't know what I'd do if I meet her when I am like this."

And I'm scared to find out.

"So it's okay, Miss Sofia." She said, once again giving a resigned smile as she laid her hands on top of Sofia's. "It's okay. I'll be okay, at least until all of this is finished. And then... And then I'd finally do the right thing, and find peace at long last."

The implication is rather obvious.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

“Ah! So it’s like that! Thank you, Honoka-san, I understand everything now!” Hyakka said, not actually getting it at all. Even though, she enthusiastically nodded along all throughout. “It’s very kind of you to explain it all so simply!”

Even if, to her, none of it was simple. But it was true, a figure in her world that could speak clearly about the world around them was sorely lacking. She herself was one who knew little; her existence adrift in a corporeal plane to which she felt untethered, mentally, and physically. So too was her understanding of the world a shaky foundation of naively understood truths and simple acceptance of anything and everything.

But where her understanding wavered, her joyous smile was stalwart.

Except for the times she got scared.

“I see. That still leaves the mystery of that ‘malicious intent’ that was detected.”

The AI with far less joyous smiles commented on the matter. Now that the situation had fallen into one that Hyakka couldn’t keep up with, it was time for her to become more proactive. Unlike showering with dear friends, Camelia had more of a purpose in times like these. When ‘nightmares’ plagued her partner.

“For now, I’m in agreement with Alice. Our priority is to return to Aoyama. If this Lord Tsukiyomi can get us back, we should meet with them.”

“Yay!” Hyakka practically leapt with joy. “Moon Palace!”

No, she did in fact leap with joy. Both fists shot up along with the rest of her frame as she jumped in excitement, like a child that suddenly discovered they not only had the day off school, but was going to the zoo as well.

“Hyakka, you should treat this more seriously.”

“Huh?” The girl tilted her head, then glanced down at her glowing blue brooch. “But why? Lord Tsukiyomi isn’t mean on purpose, right?”

“Not them. Think about what the Rabbit just said. Recall the conversations with your classmates, that boy with the scarf. Look at the landscape.”

“Hmmm…” Hyakka crossed her arms, eyes closed in thought. Her lips sealed together just like her eyes as she deeply contemplated, until… “Ah!”

“It occurs to you now?”

“Monsters attacking a city on the moon! Lunar!”

“Very good. But that’s not all.”

“It’s not?”

“This situation is odd. The coincidences are uncanny. The Amala.net tagline was ‘Through the Looking Glass,’ a novel in which a girl named Alice,” the AI directed its focus on the tall girl headed for the window, “who finds herself in another world that she perceives through a mirror.”

“That’s…”

“Hopefully all coincidences. I would rather not be trapped in some ability that recreates the events of a story, forcing us into the roles of certain characters.”

“How does the story end?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t read it. I simply know of it, and I’m not sure why.”

“O-oh…”

“Either way, there are two ‘fictional’ scenarios that resemble the situation we’re in. Fiction is a nebulous thing. Too much widespread interest in a story from humans can make it more than just a story. We should be careful.”

“Then we’ll be careful!” Hyakka pumped her fist, the hazy outline of obsidian wings flashing behind her back. “And if this is Lunar, we’ll defeat the monsters and tell Nakahara-senpai all about it! This is now official Occult Club activity! And so that means…”

The COMP sighed, but were she to have a body, she would have had a faint smile on her lips.

“This is an official Hero-In-Training expedition! To save the Moon from monsters!” She extended a hand toward the Hare of Inaba. "Rabbit-san, let's go!"

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    SLEIPNIR - Artificial Park
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Eva
    “Well… on the bright side, you must be proud that your student has grown up so much, right?”
    "Ah, I suppose I am!"

---She smiles, eyes still sparkling with that mischievous light.

"She's a real big shot nowadays, has a fancy flying alien spaceship as her base, tons of political and personal power, saved the world a few times... As an apprentice of mine, she's a real success story, couldn't be prouder of her!"

These words are reasonable, almost sane, a simple observation of the unknown student that you were starting to suspect might just be commander of this vessel you were now in, but...

"But it'd be better if she was still cute, military life made her stoic, she never smiles or blushes anymore, it's kind of sad~"

It quickly becomes somewhat unreasonable again, still...

Quote Originally Posted by Eva
    “… sounds like an excellent idea, miss Alexia. Someplace quiet would be nice.”
    ...You manage to distract her with this easily enough, as her brief clap of the hands (and overwhelmingly bright smile) make clear to you-!

"Excellent, excellent~ Having someone with me will make me feel way better~"

---On some level, you know you've been had, but...

At least she doesn't feel actively dangerous...?

"We can go now~ Here, give me your hand, it's a bit easy to get lost in this ship if you're not familiar with it, you know?"

Although...

Offering you her hand now...

Was she... being serious about that...?

Holding hands was a bit much, no...?

---Brazen.

"We can... Talk about your dreams on the way! What do you want to be? What do you want to do? Anything else besides being a Tamer? I'm always interested in hearing what kids have to say about those sorts of things! You can ask me things too of course, I'd be happy to answer!"

Very forward...!

And Agatha...

"...Hmm. I definitely had them over here..."

Seems to still be thinking-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hiyori
    SLEIPNIR - Bottom Level, Endless Hall
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

---You do your best to avoid her room for as long as possible, checking every other one beforehand in an attempt to stave off the inevitable. Really, there's just something about the nature of the smug that makes people avoid them, that aura of I-know-the-secret-and-have-no-intention-of-just-telling-you that makes them absolutely insufferable, to the point where ignoring them is often one's only recourse, but...

The other rooms are blank, empty except for the usual bed, a base upon which a future member would build their own home one day, so...

You're left with her room as the last one.

The room of the smug woman, and yet...

"..."

When you go inside... There's no one in there...

---Of course the room itself is a bit interesting, more than the blank bed and empty shelves that had existed in the others, this one has a desk and desktop computer system, shelves packed with what seem like science fiction novels and engineering magazines (all pre-magic era at that), a half-open closet and even a small mini-fridge at the side of the desk, fridge stocked entirely with energy drinks and canned coffees of various brands, in other words...

It's the fridge of a caffeine addict...

Which sort of meant it fit on this ship, after all...

Everyone here was some form of stimulant addict, people barely slept, still as humorous as that might be...

There is a serious aspect to this room besides the fact that the computer was open (and unlocked even) that factor being...

---It's faint, but there are definitely the marks of something like fresh plasma burns on the wall around the desk, like someone had simply walked into the room, pulled out a gun, and opened fire on whoever had been sitting here earlier... The angles of the marks are a bit strange of course, implying that they may have been deflected by some sort of barrier or skill of the target, and there are even splashes of something like mud here or there, but...

What's worrying about that is you hadn't heard or felt anything at all...

Supernatural attacks draw attention, if one wanted to remain under the radar it might be better to use pre-magic era equipment, actual bullets instead of reiki rounds, but...

You hadn't heard or felt anything... Even with the walls being what they were (effectively invincible) sound should carry through at the very least, and even barring that, you had been wandering throughout this hall for awhile, it seems like you should have noticed if some sort of struggle was happening in the same area as you, right?

---It's enough to put you on guard, still...

The computer was open, so maybe it was worth looking at?

It's that thought that has you floating -carefully- across the room, and over to what seem like someone's attempt at reading old news articles on the computer...

Article #1
    Missing Year - An Incident Kept out of the Public Consciousness?!
    S-Rank Incident. A term that has not been used since the Second Kyuubi Incident all those years ago that kicked off the age we live in now! For our younger readers, such a thing may sound like a fairy tale, a designation of disaster so great that even if it is 'solved' it is likely to have lingering effects that shatter the common sense of the planet, in other words, an end of the world style scenario!

Such things have not happened since the Kyuubi Incident according to our Tamer Organizations, but this reporter has found the truth! If one asks around the world for exactly when the magic age began, answers can vary by as much as a year, a discrepancy that everyone seems to be willingly ignorant of, as if time itself had been flowing differently for everyone for a time; additionally, this reporter has it on good faith that a certain "Seal" in the Demonic Server has appeared, with no one being quite sure who gave the order for it's creation, only that the reiki involved in it's creation is equivalent to the rough amount possessed by every life form on this planet, as well as being certain that whatever is being held within "should not be acknowledged by anyone."

The recent NWAB Order that absolutely every copy of the "King in Yellow" should be burned has raised suspicions with this reporter, although-

This one... Was a bit strange...

Seemed like the author (an Aleta Gaumond, who seems to have written all of these) had been cut off halfway through, or rather, this seems like an article that someone tried to scrub most of... Everything after this is non-existent...

Article #2

TERRORIST ACT HALTS THE CONSTRUCTION OF "LUNAR PILLAR"
    In a shocking turn of events, the Xanadu Laboratories Orbital Elevator Project "LUNAR PILLAR" has been the victim of an explosion of unknown origin! As our readers well know, the "LUNAR PILLAR" project was designed as a method to facilitate future off-planet travel and material transportation, and serves as the basis for a number of the company's future plans for human expansion into the cosmos. As detailed in last week's report, the company had been celebrating the partial completion of the tower just last week, with a late night celebration being held up in the LEO (Low Earth Orbit) by certain members of the laboratory staff and construction crew.

From there the story gets hazy; according to part-time worker Sarah Starbright, a massive explosion occurred at the top of the tower at midnight, crippling the progress made over the last few months, and endangering the lives of those up in the LEO, although the automated defense systems and quick reaction of the on-the-scene staff ensured that there were no casualties amongst the party-goers. The explosion is believed to be reiki-based, and thus, an outright attack on the tower rather than a freak accident caused by a failure in the mechanics of the structure. When asked for more details on the story, Starbright was apparently quoted as saying she saw something on the moon "flash" momentarily, although she came to retract this statement some time later, claiming that she was misunderstood in the moment.

Until a culprit can be found and the safety of the workers ensured, the company has made it clear they will halt construction of the structure, being unwilling to risk the lives of it's workers. A full statement from Nakamura Megumi and Claire Mongeau, along with both Sarah Starbright's original testimony and retraction, can be found on the pages below...

There were a few pictures along with the article, namely that of the "LUNAR PILLAR" itself, a white tower that seemed to stretch endlessly up into the sky, as well as some images of various women (probably the ones mentioned in the article) but...

The link to their statements doesn't function...

Article 3
    Missing Child Found
    It is this reporter's great pleasure to announce that "Myra Davis," the most recent of the victims in the Aoyama Kidnappings, has been found unharmed within the city limits, specifically by the operators of the Mokujima Bakery in Brick Lane. While the girl has suffered no physical harm (and this reporter was kicked out of the store for even asking about it, even though she meant no harm and simply wishes to find the disgusting culprit!) it seems that her memories of the past week have been wiped or altered in some way...

The photo attached here was just of this "Mokujima Bakery," a simple two story place that seemed to be in good working condition... There were no photos of this Myra herself, for reasons that might be rather obvious..

Those are the three you get through before you hear something in the distance...

Yes...

The sound of footsteps in the hallway outside, and...

Warning
    DON'T LET HER FIND YOU

...A sudden warning, from what effectively amounted to a pop-up on the computer itself...
    Last edited by Airen; February 26th, 2021 at 11:43 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---You voluntarily plunge into hell.

It's a curse you know well, a pit of curses you know too well, an acidic pile of malice and hate that can do nothing but drown others in it's depths; it's certainly a familiar scene for Ludwig Karlfeldt, the origin point of what one might even call the trauma that remains nestled in his heart to this day, and...

You plunge into it.

There is no resistance, such things are unnecessary for you.

---If it's the same thing as back then, there is no need to panic... The primal fear will certainly take you, it will take you like it always took you, perhaps even more so now that you've gotten a taste of life outside of that darkness, yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig
    "If you'll show me how little the World matters in a nightmare, then I'll show you that any nightmare can be overcome. What you have become is a mistake, what you will become is but a memory."
    "Overcome...?"

Certainly, if nothing has changed from back then, then this nightmare is pointless.

A waste of time.

Because you will certainly crawl out of this hell of souls the same way that you always did, that you always will do, so-

"No. Not this time."

-perhaps the sound of a gunshot rings out as a surprise?

Perhaps it doesn't?

Either way...

---You feel it when it hits your heart.

It's a new pain.

A horrendous new pain.

A twisting crimson thing that digs deep into your body in a way that no weapon has ever hurt you before; it's the edge of a conceptual superiority, a thing that was attacking your identity as an 'ESPer' before anything else, a screeching twisting agony that shreds through your veins and arteries, twisting them up as they go, that sends your body into spasms as your own reiki too twists and detonates, a series of microscopic explosions that do not stop even as your head sinks beneath the mud, indeed...

It gets worse...

"There is no getting up this time."

LUCID's voice calls down again, quietly for once, calmly, no... With a hint of sadness to it...

The sound of an executioner that has already dealt a death blow.

"You really are an idiot."

It speaks, even as you writhe, reiki going out of control from the thing that has buried itself in your body; thing that is tearing up your spiritual channels, thing that is digging deeper and deeper into you as if it had a mind of it's own, detonating every last bit of reiki that reflexively moves to the scene to help...

"Jumping headfirst into the danger just to prove you could...? That's not heroism. That was never heroism. Heroes do what they have to do to save the day, even the impossible, but they don't go looking to test themselves on the edge... The motive was wrong from the start. You were simply acting reckless, reckless because there was something you wanted to prove... Yes... You needed to prove you were stronger now than you were before..."

It's words are cold, but the sad tinge remains...

"Do you take me for a fool? We know you would crawl out of there on your own, you and Lara always could, so that's why things had to change this time."

---In comparison to the bullet, the pain that comes from the mud is almost soothing, it's a horrific, acidic pain yes, but not one that has your body exploding on you from the inside... It is a nostalgic pain, one you've grown used too after years and years of torment, and thus one that you had been prepared to face with a determined glare, but-

-it's really tearing into you...

Your reiki is fluctuating so hard you can't control it anymore, Lydia has gone quiet, and even...

"Made in the early 2000s. Soul Fission rounds. Designed to tear apart ESPers. Starts an internal fission reaction, body tears itself apart with it's own power... Don't make any more nowadays, considered a bit too... Cruel... But if you're going to go and restrain yourself for me, well... That means this is it, really."

There's
    something
    someone
    clawing and screaming on your back.

Many hands on your legs and arms, dragging you down, intent on drowning you in spite of your resistance, but still...!

Still...!

Looking up at the skeleton, sitting on the edge of the pit now, looking down at you, well...

"...But I guess it'd be dishonest to expect you to do anything else. It was brave at least. I can respect that bravery no matter how stupid it may be, so... I guess I'll grant you one wish before you go... It was about the face, right?"

And just like that...

A snap of the fingers, no, the passing of a hand in front of it's face...

"I don't expect you to remember anything... But it'll all be over soon, big brother."

---And then, it clicks.

This person... No...

These people, were-!

"...Time to sleep... It'll be alright... In the end..."

Endure Activated!
    Awakening State Activated! All abilities enhanced-!

Restrained: Can't move your body!
    Soul Fission: Can't use focus abilities-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

---It hurts.

It Hurts.

It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts.

Pain sears into his heart, his skull, his very bones... everything is set ablaze in the fires of hell as the soul itself burns to cinders.

In this timeless place, a genuine nightmare, the existence of the Karlfeldt ESPer itself risks obliteration.

The Reiki within him twists, snaps, bites, sears, breaks, torments, destroys him, devours him, it's a cascade of pain that never ends.

Time and time again it tears him asunder.

To succumb to the pain is to fall. The story, your story, ends.

But... Ludwig Karlfeldt is a fool.

A fool that dares believe in something greater.

A soul who continues to reject fate even when it is inevitable.

He cannot accept an outcome like this, no human would.

There was but one simple reason why Ludwig could not allow this Nightmare to exist.

This World itself is a dream. A dream so real it may as well be reality itself. Such must have been it’s design.

Therefore, this nightmare too is reality.

And to accept that, a world in which reality is one of nightmares...

Such a thing, could never be accepted.

And so, within the depths of a nightmare... Ludwig Karlfeldt.

Awakens.

An impossible resolve manifests.

His Soul ignites.

And finally, that ever serene mask...

...is shattered.

"You're right, I'm no grand savior. I cannot undo the past. Compared to the others I'm weak, broken. Unworthy.

So go ahead, mock me all you like. Laugh at me, taunt me, hate me, ridicule me as you please. Do your worst LUCID.

Because you know what, what does any of that matter?

What does it matter that I'm weak?"

"What does it matter that I'm broken?"

"What does it matter that I'm only human?"

"Because at the end of it all, I will rise up again, again and again. As many damn times as it takes... That's all that matters."

He cannot give up here.

Not now that he's had a taste of this world.

A place to belong... lives he wanted to be a part of...

"This is not the end of me."

"This is the beginning."

No one notices the events leading to it, the hidden actions and secret plans made in the dark. No one questions the events of daily life until it is too late and tragedy presents itself.

What will happen, happens. Such is simply the nature of the world. Time is the companion of cruel reality, peace cannot last forever.

However, what’s important is that you won’t give in to it. You must continue to believe that you can get through it. It is only once you let tragedy win is when you are truly defeated.

As long as he can stand, as long as he breathes, Ludwig Karlfeldt will not give up.

Perhaps it is stubbornness, foolishness, arrogance.

---Even so.

Winds howl as spiritual power forms beneath his feet, as two pairs of Aura Blasts send him flying back up from the pit. The hands clawing at his back are forced away by the combination of his Personal Gale and his own Reiki, unable to grasp the shooting star.

No chains could hold the boy now, not after he's realized what he had lost... what had now returned.

Within moments he's already reached the surface again, reached them with a speed beyond what he could normally muster.

But what they see, those souls once lost so long ago in that cursed pit, it is not the face of malice...no.

The Heir of Unity, simply smiles.

Pain wrecks his body with every movement, yet still his body endures.

"...You said you wouldn't forgive me, right? Well... I forgive you, LUCID."

Another step forward.

"I'm sorry, seems even after all this time I don't have it in me to save you... I don't even wish to know the torment you all must have gone through..."

Anyone could tell that the timer has run out.

"It's going to be alright now..."

The fool painfully tries to wrap his hands around what he had lost one final time.

As his telepathic mind finally connects with his past.

And gradient light swallows the pair whole.

Wise Up!
    Minor Perk: Defiant Will
    Ludwig Karlfeldt operates under a certain set of ideas and beliefs, and thus he will always follow certain sorts of paths. It’s a strength of conviction that was forged in his younger years, during the Karlfeldt’s experiments made to create an ESPer capable of realizing their ideal. In order to forge such an individual, a force of will beyond normal humans is required. This tenacity and resolve to keep going where others fall, despite how foolish it is, allows the Heir of Unity to pour out reserves from seemingly nowhere. It's a cold resolve, one that no matter how dire the circumstances become, continues to believe in victory.
    A fool’s hope that rejects fate, even when it is inevitable.

Auto Skill: Personal Gale
    A strong wind current flows through the area centered around the User. The winds aren’t strong enough to blow anyone away, and are merely a mild inconvenience, but they do slow down and harassing would be enemies trying to get close, or in the air. Can also be used to enhance the speed of allies, if they have some affinity for wind.

COMP Heat: 0 -> 10

Spells cast: Megidaloan (2x), Aura Blast (2x)

Endure: Character will withstand any incapacitating or lethal attack a single time during a battle, the strength of their spirit keeping them hanging onto life by a thread.

Ignition: Character’s soul is temporarily strong enough to take more of the COMP’s spellcasting burden onto itself, without excessive negative effect to itself or the device. Reduce the heat cost of all COMP spells by two. A spell cannot have it’s cost go below one in this way.

Last edited by Zurvan; February 26th, 2021 at 11:06 PM.