Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124129132133134
Results 2,661 to 2,671 of 2671

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

  1. #2661
    Chasing Daybreak palad1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Empty SEKAI
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,035
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Rose Cross Base - Outdoors
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Afternoon
    Weather: Rain


    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Aurora
    "That's right. She's my oldest. We were... Separated by an accident when she was little, me, Saria and her sister, so I didn't get to do much of the raising myself."
    While Aurora's honesty and straightforwardness is quite surprising, that wasn't the reason why Cosmos had suddenly went still; like pieces of a puzzle filling up gaps in the larger picture, the goddess' revelation brought her back to an encounter that felt like a lifetime ago: Her encounter with the White Shroud in a corridor between worlds.

    The first clue was not only the revelation that Aurora was Saria's mother, but also that she has (had?) a sister.

    The second is Ciel's unusual behavior, almost as if she's ashamed or feeling guilty.

    And finally, Ciel's comment that Aurora was "built", which might make her daughter also considered to be an artificial creation.

    Indeed, when all these facts lined up in her head...

    Quote Originally Posted by Preciel?
    Dolls can't be allowed to rebel like this...

    I'll break it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by White Shroud
    "...Preciel... Is she talking to you? What is it saying? That it'll break me? Like they did my mother and sister? Just like that? Do you think I would have come here if I didn't think I could slay a disciple?"
    ...Then the possibility of Saria being the White Shroud made a startling amount of sense.

    Of course it's merely conjecture, and the evidence are circumstantial at best, but the girl is at least a strong suspect in her mind now; the irony that the one person she had allowed to get close outside of her family is actually a White Shroud isn't lost on her, and past Cosmos might have felt so utterly betrayed that she would have done reckless things...

    But now, that feeling is more subdued.

    Perhaps it's because she's literally standing before Saria's mother right now, and her saintly demeanor helped to curb her more negative feelings; perhaps it's because of how Ciel acted that she understood just a little bit on why the White Shroud had been so angry, why Saria might have chosen to don the mantle; or perhaps all of her recent experiences had helped her to become more mature, to process this revelation in a calmer manner than she otherwise would have. Whatever the case, she is thankful to God that this is revealed to her now, and not before.

    Of course, that doesn't mean the feeling is completely gone.

    Cosmos could feel her heartbeat beating faster and faster as heat rushed to her ears, and while she managed not to let any of this be apparent (at least outwardly), she wondered whether the goddess before her could see and hear her inner turmoil.

    She'd definitely need some time to properly process this revelation and come to terms with it later, but for now...

    "I... I see. Do you want to meet with Saria, then? I'm on a mission right now, but I can fetch her for you if you want." Cosmos offered with a (hopefully not strained) smile.



    "A mother-daughter reunion is a precious thing. I think the two of you should meet when you have the chance..."
    Random Regalia Hijinks

    <Mellon> But yeah. Don't play the waiting game too much guys. Just do what you want to do and let God (me) sort it out.

    <Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

    <Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

    <Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

    <frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

    <Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

    <Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

    <Airen> No character in ga rei is 100% serious


    Personal Compliments

    <@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

    <Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted


  2. #2662
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,972
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????


    "Bridge is fine."

    Eve nods at you.

    "The 'other side' is... Not ideal." A brief pause, as she considers how to properly explain why. "It's intended function is more like... A cage. Does not connect well to the vessel's systems. Would be dangerous if it did."

    Another nod, as if she felt this explanation was sufficient.

    So a cage, huh? You had found Eve inside of it, but did that mean the cage was for her? The android had seemed more or less benevolent so far, even to the point where one might call it gallant or 'knight-like,' so it seemed unlikely, which meant that if it wasn't meant to hold her...

    It had to be for the other occupant of the ship right?

    "..."

    Still, with Aleta in what seemed like deep thought, and 'V-V' only able to nod her avatar at you inside the depths of your crisis, you make your way back to the bridge as best as you know how with Eve following dutifully behind, a door that hadn't been here the first time you had come inside the ship (before you had used the password on the outside) leading to the room that you had earlier identified as the bridge of the ship.

    Much like the other rooms, it had been altered somewhat by the 'turbulence' the ship had experienced earlier. The nine sun and moon dream-catchers that had been hanging over the bed have tangled themselves together, some of the "Nightmare on Oak Street" posters have fallen off of the walls (they had been hanging on with thumbtacks alone it seems) and the laptop that had once been on the bed, has slid across the floor to the corner of the room, just below the console and old-fashioned style helm wheel. A number of different connection ports are easily visible on the console, and the radio -which had been turned on the last time you were here- still seems to be on, and...

    Just like last time...

    Through the static...

    "Well, I won't deny that I ______ her up there. _____ running away from home like she did..."

    "What sort of ______ would I be setting for everyone else if I didn't _____ little when she came back? It's _________ time out."

    "...So to more directly answer your _____ question, since what you seem to want is a confession... I did it. Jonathan R. Black."


    Come a series of quiet, broken words, spoken in the tone of an arrogant sounding man...

    Yes, the radio was making noise...

    Like it was picking up on some sort of distant frequency...

    Same channel as last time too.

    ----

    Daisuke
    Brewed Awakenings, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour


    Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke
    "...geeze. You're out of character, Robin. Or are you even him in the first place? It's getting harder to believe by the second."

    "Well..."


    The fairy smirks at you.

    "Don't get too used to this, I just happen to find this... Scenario... We find ourselves in so distasteful that I have no recourse but to be... As you humans say... Helpful."


    It frowns.

    "Once a story reaches it's conclusion and decides to go it's own way, no further harm should be done to it. At least not by the playwrights..."


    It chuckles.

    "It's a feeling like that... I don't expect you to understand it."


    A single finger.

    It extends a finger towards your face slowly, as if it was going to poke you...

    "Regardless... You are not incorrect. The distance between Ace and Savior is... Not that substantial, and going to the girl seems relatively pointless, of course, humans do pointless things all the time."


    It shrugs, that enigmatic smile returning to it's face.

    "I am here for two reasons, one: to keep my word to the summoner, and..."


    It trails off.

    But the implication...

    It's certainly the most Robin implication, that being...

    'To keep things interesting.'

    Something like that, still...

    "...Right. Pointless."

    Shuichi -who continues to maintain his bizarrely emotionless face- stands, and...

    "I'll go after the girl. The rest of you stay here."

    ...Starts towards the door.
    Last edited by Airen; September 16th, 2023 at 10:54 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

    Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

    Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

    In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

    Because of you.

    Please, remember it warmly.

    We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.




    Mugen No Sekai

    "The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

    Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

    Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

    For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

  3. #2663
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,972
    Blog Entries
    5
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Logan's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening


    “An order?” He pauses briefly. “From Alexia Wright?”
    "Mhm."

    A slow nod.

    "It's one of her theories. At the end of all of this, there needs to be an onlooker... Someone who can say to the World that this is what happened. To use an analogy... I suppose it's like theater? Without an "audience," the "story" doesn't mean anything, so I'm taking the role of the audience. Interfering too much would mean that I'm taking more then a step onto the stage and becoming an actor. If that happens... Then there is no audience."

    A pause.

    "Or rather... I suppose someone else would become the uncontested audience."

    A sad hum.

    "It's... Something like that. If there was someone trustworthy, an observer that fills all the requirements I do... They could take my place, and I could step onto the stage all the way, but..."

    She sighs.

    Ah, metaphysics, never easy to wrap your head entirely around...

    "But no worries!"

    Another pump of her fist.

    "You guys will do just fine without me! I believe in you! My sisters are less tied up this way, too-!"

    ---

    Amelia
    SLEIPNIR - Logan's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening


    "...Remember, Gods can be very proud, petty beings."

    While it seems like this Goddess is of the mischievous sort, the seriousness with which it answers the first of your words, is...

    Absolute.

    "Something that you saw as harmless, is something one of them could easily see as a sleight." She chuckles, as if aware of the obvious irony in her words. "The Greek pantheon was famous for it, no? So was the Judea-Christian God, real fire and brimstone type, Babel's a classic case, although I suppose humanity did have it coming that time..."

    Another dark chuckle.

    Of course...

    “Back at the SDCD, when Aleta landed in Logan’s arms. That was your handiwork, wasn’t it? I think I’m starting to gain an appreciation for your craft. Right now I don’t think there’s any opportunities for situations like that, but can I count on you in the future, oh Goddess? I like the cut of your jib.”
    "Fufu..."

    She makes an ungoddess-like sound soon after, so quickly that it almost becomes hard to take her seriously again...

    "My power may have been involved..."

    She admits it, looking around with sly eyes.

    "What's more looking then falling into the arms of a gallant young man?" She cackles. "Truly my blessing has led that child to greatness! Although it has also... Made her somewhat reckless I suppose..."

    Somehow...

    You get the feeling that she only realized that last part just now... Still-!

    "...Problems for another time."

    She shakes it off quickly-!

    "So long as it seems like it'd be entertaining, you can count on me. The dense humans are... Fascinating. Seeing exactly what it would take to get certain ideas through their skull is always an enjoyable sort of challenge."
    Last edited by Airen; September 18th, 2023 at 02:31 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

    Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

    Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

    In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

    Because of you.

    Please, remember it warmly.

    We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.




    Mugen No Sekai

    "The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

    Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

    Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

    For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

  4. #2664
    Vlovle Bloble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canadia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,770
    JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

    The first thing Mokujima Chris does when entering the bridge is set down the laptop housing 'V-V' and pin a fallen poster back onto the wall where it belongs. This place ought to be kept as Sakurako left it, she thinks.

    The crackle of the radio quickly distracts her from continuing the impulsive clean.

    "...right."

    It is not difficult. One end of the cord into the computer, and the other into one of the many connectors near the old-fashioned wheel. The kid will do the rest.

    "First task... strengthen that signal."

    The kid will figure that out, too, no doubt. Meanwhile...

    Chris moves onto the dream catcher, gently and patiently disentangling it. There's much to be set in order here. Best to start with the easiest task.

    "A cage, you said." The remark is directed at Eve this time. "For whom?"

  5. #2665
    Imperial Princess Satehi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,308
    Eva Ellet
    Karlfeldt Estate ~ Forest
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening


    "Would you rather I be more... Conventionally Godly? I could show you my true form and shatter your mind, if you'd like?"
    “… I think I’d prefer to continue conversing normally, without any mind-shattering. If I’ve understood what you’re saying, I assume you’d like that as well- otherwise there’d be no point in coming here to meet me, correct?”

    Eva considered what Marlene had told her.

    It was definitely a very ‘Godlike’ response… there were many supernatural entities who worked and acted in mysterious ways. For them, there was definitely nothing contradictory about giving an order that they purposefully contradict themselves later… as annoying as it was to try and understand.

    She had never heard of a goddess of possibilities before, but for one to act like that as well was not hard to imagine.

    “It’s not the most satisfying answer, since it just invites the question of what your actual purpose was in giving Liesl that order was… but I imagine we could be here all day if I were to ask every question that came to mind. So I’ll just ask the one I want to hear the most.”

    Not that Eva wasn’t curious- she would be lying if she said she wasn’t curious about what the actual purpose behind that order, or whether Marlene really knew the Lord, or why exactly Marlene had come out to talk to her, but if there was only one question she wanted answered at this moment, then it was undoubtedly…

    “--- Why did you do it? What do you get out of doing all of this?”

  6. #2666
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,972
    Blog Entries
    5
    Eva Ellet
    Karlfeldt Estate ~ Forest
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening


    Quote Originally Posted by Eva
    “--- Why did you do it? What do you get out of doing all of this?”
    "Why?"

    ---A slow, amused smile crosses her face.

    "Well because I like humans of course, I'd rather they be happy then sad!"

    A baffling answer, even more so when this 'Goddess' had just admitted earlier to saying what she feels she needs to say to get the responses out of people that she wants... They are words that make it difficult to trust this claim, even though her facial features and bodily movements all point towards her telling the truth...

    "It's super bizarre. You'd think for beings whose worlds are made out of thoughts human worlds would be happier, but no! All the little imperfections remain, almost like they want to struggle... It's quite strange, quite strange indeed~"

    She pauses, placing a finger on her chin.

    "Then again, asking me that kinda question sorta implies you don't believe I can just be a benevolent being, huh?"

    She places another hand on Saria's other shoulder, the girl unmoving now, expression completely neutral.

    "So how about this? Another layer of sorts?" She grins. "Not only would I rather humans be happy then sad, but there's a certain... Divine Spirit that I'm trying to capture; one that's a lot weaker when the masses are content."

    A pause.

    Purposeful...

    Almost heavy...

    "Yeah... I guess you could say I'm trying to put the thing calling itself the Big G, old Cosmic Chrome Dome, Mr. Fire and Brimstone himself into a small, vane-filled box. Or something like that, anyway~"
    Exodus (Complete)

    Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

    Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

    In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

    Because of you.

    Please, remember it warmly.

    We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.




    Mugen No Sekai

    "The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

    Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

    Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

    For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

  7. #2667
    The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39,303
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    16
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Logan's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening


    Logan smiles sadly. “You’re a kind girl, Burroughs.” Being the lone observer must be terribly lonely. “I’ll bring this play to a happy end so you can join us for the curtain call.”

    And with that, he makes for the door.

    Amelia
    SLEIPNIR - Logan's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening


    “I’ll remember that. Thanks, Goddess…?” Amelia trails off, realizing that she never got the deity’s name. Whatever she would’ve said next is mercilessly cut off by the sight of Logan’s avatar moving toward the front door.

    : “Wait, hang on! I haven’t talked to Burroughs yet!”

    With the barest hint of a smile on his face, Logan begins to count. “60… 59… 58…”

    : “YOUUUUUUU…! I’LL GRIEF YOU, I SWEAR!”

    Amelia rushes her character toward the library to say her greetings and far-too-soon goodbyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  8. #2668
    Imperial Princess Satehi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,308
    Eva Ellet
    Karlfeldt Estate ~ Forest
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening


    "Yeah... I guess you could say I'm trying to put the thing calling itself the Big G, old Cosmic Chrome Dome, Mr. Fire and Brimstone himself into a small, vane-filled box. Or something like that, anyway~"




    A deathly silence.

    Eva Ellet considered herself a devout member of the Rose Cross.

    Or more precisely, she was a tool. A combat android, who served the Rose Cross. She was by no means a mindless machine- she could think on her own and make her own decisions, but those traits themselves she did not consider particularly special.

    Rather, they were natural features to have. Waiting on orders before taking any actions would be horribly inefficient, and thus a degree of autonomy was useful.

    For example, as Theresia had mentioned, undeads were not looked at favorably by the Church. The fact that Eva had decided to cooperate with Theresia regardless in this situation was not because Eva thought that judgement was incorrect. Eva simply had the autonomy to recognize that it was unwise to prioritize that problem over the more distressing one of what the state of the current world was like. Once the situation changed, perhaps their truce would have to be reconsidered. This was how Eva saw things up until now.

    Tools existed for a reason.

    They were not like human beings, who existed by the grace of the Lord, and for whom it was fine to simply exist.

    Tools were made for specific reasons and existed to fulfill those expectations. That role was what gave them meaning.

    For Eva, she found purpose in her role as a member of the Rose Cross.

    One might think that since Eva didn’t join the organization out of her own religious beliefs but solely because she was made by a member of the Church, she was not a fervent believer. For her, it was simply the road of least resistance, and perhaps because of that, Eva had no real attachment to it… but if anything, the converse was true. It was because it was the natural state for her that she felt so strongly about it. From her perspective, it was not the road of least resistance, but rather the only road she had. She didn’t have anything else, especially not after what happened with her mother.

    So, she took being a member of the Rose Cross very seriously.

    And thus, to Marlene’s statement that was clearly blasphemous against the Lord…

    “If that’s a joke, Miss Marlene, then it’s not very funny.”

    Eva’s response was icy cold.

    Of course, it was possible that her statement was merely a joke. Her actions up until now certainly suggested that it was not wise to take Marlene’s words at face value. That uncertainty was one of three reasons that Eva did not take a more dramatic response.

    The second reason was the fact that if she really was who she claimed, then there was nothing Eva could do against her anyways.

    And finally…

    “If you’re just saying that because you’re offended by my question, then I apologize. It was not my intention to imply that you couldn’t be doing this out of the goodness of your heart. It is a bit…” She paused. “…hard to believe, but it’s not unthinkable. If I were forced to respond, then I would even say that is the answer I would like to believe in.”

    … the last reason was simple. Thinking back on everything she had seen so far and if she took Liesl’s words at face value, then one thing was clear-

    “After all, it’s true that you seem to have made things better… and if I were to take what others have said as truth, then that’s not just the case for me personally, but for many others as well. If that’s really true, then I should be thanking you, not interrogating you.”

    It would hardly be proper to attack someone to whom she technically owed quite a lot to.

    “However, that and what you just said, are two completely different things. If you are serious about what you just said, miss Marlene, then…”

    Her tone of voice, softened to apologize for her conduct earlier, once again hardened.

    “…I can’t let that happen.”

    Perk Reveal!

    -Zealotry-
    Cost: 3
    Restrictions: Rose Cross, Can’t take along with Sympathy for the Devil

    The church has gotten soft. With many of your peers relenting to the pressures of the new world order and allowing Demons to flaunt their existence in society, you, amongst so few, have kept your senses straight, recognizing the danger those sorts of monsters present to the world, and willing to act on it whenever they give you a reason or means to do so. The character is able to sense the presence of demons, as well as those who bear the blood of ‘inhuman beings’ in spite of how human they may appear on the outside.

    When battling such individuals, the damage you cause to them cannot be healed through use of magic due to the inherent bias your spiritual power holds against them, so severe that it is akin to a serious poison seeping into their wounds. In addition, an entity claiming to be “The Voice of God” will speak with you on occasion, but whether to trust it or not...

    That is up to you.

  9. #2669
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,972
    Blog Entries
    5
    Eva Ellet
    Karlfeldt Estate ~ Forest
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening


    "..."

    ---Everything stops.

    As if the world itself was holding it's breath, putting even the rampant dancing shadows to an unnatural sort of rest. It's the stillness of fate, of a moment of destiny, the appearance of a crossroads that you hadn't expected, a sort of 'truth' reached in the depths of a nonsensical dream, yes...

    The world stops to listen.

    To see what will happen now.

    "...Unfortunately, in this matter, I am deadly serious."

    The Goddess speaks calmly, her form no longer flickering, eyes no longer blinking, gazing across at you with eyes that no longer radiate humanity of any sort. Yes... You can see it now. The eyes that peer at you across the darkness do so with an alien sort of light; not like a human looking at a human, but a something else looking at a human, it's...

    It's not like a Goddess at all now, nor is it like a demon, it's...

    Unique.

    Alien?

    A gaze that embodies space itself, the cosmic void through which human thought shrivels up and becomes meaningless-!

    "I am sure you'll be able to understand. My pride is the pride of a tool, if such a thing can have an ego." She giggles, but the charm of it no longer seems to reach you, sounding almost machine-like, not an android, not something endowed with a human ego, a human view of the world, but some other sort of thing entirely. "...Even if it means burning myself to ash to do it, I will accomplish my assignment. The Ancient of Days will remain bound, until the very end of time."

    The thing tilts it's head at you.

    The smile widens, eyes mimicking human curiosity.

    "...Gonna try to stop me here?"

    ---It's quite the question isn't it?

    Considering what this thing is, is there a point to challenging it right now? If it was so strong that it could rearrange space and time to it's liking, then how much of a chance does a single person have?

    Yes.

    It's certainly a question, and...

    ---In the face of it.

    ---Be not afraid.

    A voice like fire treads on the surface of your thoughts.

    Each word it speaks bathes your world not a vivid white, but gold and crimson; the colors of that most holy flame that descended on that mountaintop long ago. For while the world often sees the creator as a figure of gentle light, white clouds and endless sunshine, the Lord is also a being of eternal flame, wrathful but righteous, that God that stands above all others, yes...

    Is this... A hallucination?

    That golden flame that exists in the mind's eye, a light so vivid that even as a thought you can't look at it or risk going blind, it's...





    “Hear me, child born of human spirit.

    Man is now a race of some power.

    You, daughter of man, must face the power you hold.

    And you must face your destiny as well…

    Though your days were peaceful, the fated time draws near. I am her judgement. I sundered the tongue of her fathers and shattered their arrogant power.

    So long as the lord does not live in them, all living beings hold darkness in their hearts.

    If you truly wish to be yourself, then rise and cast down the false idols.

    If you have the will to challenge your destiny of battle, daughter of man, state your name and step forth…!"





    Certainly something, but vision, prophecy or simply insanity, a mark of a mind you had always known was more then a little broken...

    Something awaits your answer.
    Exodus (Complete)

    Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

    Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

    In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

    Because of you.

    Please, remember it warmly.

    We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.




    Mugen No Sekai

    "The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

    Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

    Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

    For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

  10. #2670
    Vlovle Bloble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canadia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,770
    JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    5
    Daisuke
    Brewed Awakenings, Aoyama
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Dark Hour

    "...hmph. Humans do pointless things all the time, you say?"

    Daisuke's extended finger zooms right past Robin's and pokes the fae in above the chest in an accusatory manner.

    "I don't wanna hear that from the Demon who does nothing but pointless things."

    As Shuichi leaves, Daisuke is by his side, carrying an umbrella in his hands. In a puff of transformation smoke he rises to a height that lets him hold it over both of them. He looks back to Lexie and gives her a thumbs up... and then to Robin, at whom he blows a raspberry.

    "Besides, COMPs can do pointless things too! That's what Chris would've said."
    Last edited by Bloble; September 25th, 2023 at 10:12 AM.

  11. #2671
    The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Velvet Room
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,972
    Blog Entries
    5
    Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????


    ---Definitely an ESPer.

    Your wild swing had struck a body that was like steel, a physical form reinforced not with the gentle hum of a Harmonizer, but the reiki that saturated every cell of his physical form. While considered human-type entities, ESPers are without a doubt entities fully immersed in the supernatural world; considered a manifestation of the "immune system" of humanity's collective unconscious, they are almost more akin to ghosts then people, their physical structure so heavily reiki-based that an attack without real spirit power behind it should fail, so much so that they break down into spiritual particles upon their death, leaving no body behind...

    "..."

    The sharp-eyed man says nothing even as your blow lands, as his head rocks back ever so slightly from physical force that had exceeded what he had expected from you. While surprise does cross his face, the eyes that lock to you show not pain, but a fierce and spine-chilling intelligence, the look of a man that wasn't looking at someone he considered a human, but rather...

    A thing.

    Or perhaps an insect?

    Even so, there's a terrible sort of understanding that arises in those crimson orbs, a wicked-looking grin showing teeth shining like fangs in the darkness.

    Yes.

    The man seems amused for some reason, even if his demon seems much less so; the reaction of a demon upon their summoner being attacked is often enough to feel out what sort of bond they have... Those that are simply operating on a professional basis don't often emote at the pain of their summoner, after all, to immortal entities, most humans simply come and go through the endless song that is their life. It takes a special sort of bond for a demon to really show that they care, a mark that their summoner has become "special" to them in some way, and...

    "...Insolence-!"

    The Black Rider emotes, it's voice that of a promised grave.

    Even if it's face is but a simple skull, the empty hollows that regard you do so with a newfound sort of flame. It's hand dances briefly in the air before it, air singing, screeching as skeletal hands tear through the atmosphere itself, and-



    ==SOUL DIVIDE===

    -there's a flash of crimson energy, a blade of swirling demonic power, an immediate retaliation towards the one that had struck at it's summoner-!

    However-!



    ---Light shines forth.

    ---Light cuts through it.

    Zerah does not answer your message with words. The moment the Demon before him had attacked, the moment this battle had truly started anew rather then exist as a series of back and forth taunts, the man's mind had returned to that of a hero far removed from this modern age. The knight that had been out of reiki shows a burst of something strange from deep inside his being, a shining but foreign reiki that spawns a blade of pure white in his hands, a manifestation of some strange sort of energy that cleaves through the spell before it can reach you, energy scattering energy in a shining storm of sparks and stars-!

    "This is it."

    ---Even his voice changes, the normally laid-back knight speaking with a strange sense of finality.

    "This ends now."







    ---Light opposes light.

    --A blade cuts down magic again and again, as the white-haired knight closes the space between himself and his opponent at godspeed-!

    For you...

    There's no good opening, or rather, the knight has no blind spots in this moment.

    Much like you, Jonathan is hanging around behind his partner. The man has been watching you for awhile now, smiling the smile of the amused, as if more curious about what you were doing then what Zerah was doing, or perhaps...

    Having absolute faith in his demon to stop the knight's charge?

    Whatever it is, the two of you lock eyes, and-

    "...Hmm."

    -he makes a strange gesture towards you.

    "Keep your eyes up front."

    ---Behind you, instantly, as if summoned by that motion.

    "No one will be coming to save you."

    ---A wall of that strange black, corrosive mud -tall enough that it seems like it's scraping the sky- and wide enough that you can't see where it ends...

    Cutting you off from the others, huh?

    "So it's on you now, Dagonet. Are you human this time? Or trash?"

    His grin widens, as he calls you by a code name he should not know-!

    "I'm... Quite eager to find out."

    He's still playing around...

    Black Rider


    Name: Black Rider
    Class: Demon
    Demon Type: Fiend

    Stats

    SEN: C


    Spells


    -Soul Divide-
    Rank: C
    Element: Darkness

    Summon up one's power as a manifestation of "Death" and rend the target's soul, inflicting [????]. Further details are unknown.



    Zerah


    Name: Zerah Meir
    Gender: Male
    Class: Spirit Tamer/???

    Stats

    STR: A
    AGI: A

    Magic (?)

    -Fragment Blade ~ Lingering Light-

    Rank:

    Channel the power of the [_____] shard into a spiritual blade. Because the power comes from [???] rather then Zerah himself, it can be used even during times of spiritual exhaustion, or when separated from his COMP, however [Further details unknown]


    Jonathan


    Name: Jonathan R. Black
    Gender: Male
    Class: ESPer/???

    Stats

    STR: E
    VIT: C
    SEN: A


    ESP

    The Flow

    A form of hydrokinesis. Jonathan was originally limited to control over water, but extensive growth as an ESPer has stretched the domain of his control to anything he can perceive as a liquid...


    Exodus (Complete)

    Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

    Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

    In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

    Because of you.

    Please, remember it warmly.

    We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.




    Mugen No Sekai

    "The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

    Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

    Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

    For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •