Page 115 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1565105110113114115116117120125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2833

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Saint Vivienne ~ Ayra's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Night

"Still, I know what you're thinking? So what, right? Everyone has secrets right? Is this whole alternate world thing relevant? And of course it is! We were supposed to go over there and help them, as a means of helping ourselves! Something about weakening some entity that gets stronger off mass suffering... If she knows the way to one, then that makes the job a whole lot easier!"
    Is she always this… insightful?

She’s extremely skilled at reading your mind, yes.

“‘We were supposed to go over there?’” More questions. Ayra supposes that it’s not really Aislynn’s fault that she can’t explain anything in a straightforward manner, but by God this was annoying. Like being fed bit by bit, except every morsel was just more outlandish than the next. To continue this horrendous metaphor, she was losing her appetite. Her will to follow along.

But as that irritating girl says, it’s her duty to be a heroine of justice. A dream she set out for herself—no flaking. Stay serious, Ayra, even if this girl is trying to make you lose your mind.

“Alright. So, there’s an entity that affects multiple realities, ‘we’ were tasked to stop it by intervening in other worlds… But this world, or rather, this reality, it’s just a dream, right? Because someone is trying to correct some sort of mistake. Wouldn’t this ‘world traversal’ remove us from the dream?” She needs an explanation on this metaphysical bullshit. Or maybe she’s been misunderstanding the entire time? It’s possible. She’s received a summary of something completely absurd.

“Also, what are we fighting? What entity is so powerful that… Let’s just make this simple. Who is ‘we’, and ‘what’ were we supposed to be fighting?”

Maybe it’s related to X-Cross? She’ll bug Laplace about this later. That woman was undoubtedly better at sorting this convoluted information than she or Aster ever could.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Night

"Hmmm..."

The young woman (?) makes a thinking sound as she stares at your face, those strange crimson orbs peering at you in a way that seems slightly... Off? Yes, there is still something vaguely inhuman about the way Aislynn looks at things, like a mimicry that's only about 90% complete, like a robot that doesn't quite get exactly why people behave the way they do on an emotional level and has substituted it with logic instead, nevertheless...

"Okay, from the top!"

...She pulls a white-board from nowhere, along with a colorful assortment of what seem to be markers.

It really is from nowhere too, looking for all the world like she just pulled it from the nothing just out of the range of your peripheral vision. On this board she draws a circle near the top of it labeled "Us," then turns back to face you with a pointer stick in hand...

"I'm aware it's a bit confusing, heck someone seems to have gone out of their way to make the exact details of why we're here as unclear as possible... But I can probably explain some of the good old-fashioned metaphysical bullshit, even if there are still some gaps in my memory."

She jabs at the "Us" on the screen, keeping her eyes locked on you the whole time.

"Ordinarily, we exist in the real world, material reality, we have a physical presence in the universe. That wasn't always the case however," so saying she sighs, as if she realizes this part is the beginning of a crazy part, before continuing on, "Back until near the end of what we consider to be 2008, you guys only had a... Spiritual presence... You were a paracosm of sorts, a world that could only exist in imaginary space, like uh... Characters in a story, I guess you could say? Or the inhabitants of a Dream World? But then there was a big event -one that's a bit too complex for me to explain right now- and during the course of surviving it, you all somehow manifested yourselves in material reality as actual people. In retrospect it shouldn't have been a surprise, reality is what humans dictate it to be, so if enough imaginary people decided that they were real when confronted with the 'reality' that they were not, it's only natural that they forcibly made themselves physically real, but I digress..."

She jabs at the "us" a few more times.

"That is your circumstance, this world wasn't 'real' until it suddenly was and your subsequent appearance inside of actual reality was taken as a threat by your creators. They wanted humans that were just half-real, people that could feel enough to generate reiki and serve as batteries, but not so real that they could ever actually break free from their imprisonment in the unconscious. Just minds and souls. These people are the 'entity' that is currently barreling towards us, or maybe they already reached us? Hard to say!"

So saying, she draws a bubble next to the 'us' labeled "Arcadia" before turning back towards you.

"We called em Arcadia. Guess you could say they're aliens? Well regardless, their whole civilization runs off draining the reiki from beings like you, so they made dozens of these 'imaginary' worlds filled with these 'half-real' people, put them in traumatic situations so the reiki generation is at max, and just constantly loop it over and over for their personal benefit, it's kinda gross right? But they're heavily dependent on the stuff, so if the flow of it were to slow down they'd be weakened by that, and this world is living proof that the 'imaginary' worlds can in fact become real if properly stressed, so the idea was to help the others become real, weaken the enemy, and gain allies in the process. One of those really morally correct wars you know? Hard to argue it's a bad thing to overthrow a society that literally feeds off suffering, right?"

She chuckles.

"However the problem is, those worlds aren't real in a physical sense. Their minds and souls certainly exist on some level, but there was no physical way to reach them... Or well, not one that we knew of, some of them managed to get to us just fine, but we couldn't figure out how to get to them in the same way, after all the physical can't just become imaginary... But then someone had the idea of using dreams as a medium to do it, dreams are a fantasy after all, and all you humans -even the half real ones- are connected via your weird collective unconscious, so symbolically it works out like dreams = fantasies = imaginary and thus, it became possible for us to reach them, in theory, while we are asleep. Dropping down to lower realities through sleep. The people that are supposed to do that were the X-Cross, and they were chosen as such because of... Preexisting connections to these doomed 'imaginary' worlds, which would make it easier for them to both get there themselves and bring others there with them... I think..."

She frowns.

"It makes logical sense anyway, at least as far as magic can be logical... But the exact circumstances of why we're here... I can't remember exactly who flipped the switch... I figure we got put in the 'past' to give us more time to do it, weave us saving the other worlds into our timeline so the world can't reject it, but all I can remember is everyone discussing what the plan was, not actually carrying it out... There's a big blank before I woke up in here with everyone else, like it happened without warning, so honestly..."

"The plan doesn't seem to have gone to plan. People's memories were blatantly tampered with as soon as we got inside, the option to leave is gone, time doesn't work right anymore, weird dream beings started going after us and I haven't been able to find Burroughs or the other two brats at all..."

---

Eva Ellet
    Saint Vivienne ~ Strange Manor
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"..."

If she took offense at you blatantly avoiding the question, she doesn't say so with words...

No, her cat-like golden eyes simply peering at you through the darkness of the hall, the shadow tilts her head to the side in a way that was also much like a cat wondering what the human it's staring at is doing, but...

"Heh... I see..."

In the end she just makes that noise, before doing a slow turning examination of the room...

"Well, if we're in her head... A lot of stuff in here should mean something, so... If we could find her bedroom maybe?"

She frowns, before knocking on the immovable door.

"I sort of doubt this is where she slept... Or well, with all the bad vibes this door has, I hope for her sake it's not where she slept..."

For once, rather than giggling about some horrible trauma, the shadow actually seems to be sympathetic about it?

"Of course we don't know much about her, just like you said... So it'd be a bit of a blind search..."

So saying, she raises an eyebrow, and...

"We could split up and look around the other rooms? Meet up back here in say fifteen minutes?"

----

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Sofia's Lab
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

Some time and a somewhat deja-vu inducing car ride later, you once again find yourselves inside the depths of LOVELESS, a structure that seems to have taken a remarkably large position in your fate. Unlike the last time, Daniel doesn't stop to cook lunch at one of the smaller shops inside the mall, no, the man doesn't seem to be quite as worried about your health this time (after all, you're a bit more stable this around) and thus seems a little more willing to just lean on a certain rich friend of his when it comes to those sorts of matters, yes...

"She can buy us lunch."

...In spite of everything else that seems to have changed, Sofia and Daniel's bizarre friendship seems to still be entirely intact; he doesn't seem to doubt for a second that she'll agree to such a thing, just as how he walks straight to her office the same way he had done the last time, ignoring all the spatial distortions and reality warping, like he just inherently knew the right way to the princess's laboratory and indeed...

...You find yourself in the same security room as before, although just like last time, you can't help but think it's really just Sofia's laboratory.

But there are some differences.

Unlike the last time, the walls aren't covered in photos, newspaper clippings and maps... The walls are as clean and tidy as the floor this time around, although there are a few extra machines, not computers, but rather...

"Daniel."

Grunts Sofia.

...Exercise equipment?

A certain blonde princess is hanging from a pull-up bar by her legs, letting out small grunts as she does upside-down sit ups, a shockingly toned stomach and arms much more prevalent in the gym clothes she was wearing now than they had ever been in the much more princess-like clothing she had been wearing the last time you were here...

"And... A mystery person?"

She stops to look at you, smirks, then...

"Oh my, the day is already going in a strange direction..."

Keeps up her exercise routine, arms locked behind her head, but eyes looking back at the both of you each time she descends.

"I'm not sure what business the pope's daughter has with me, but let's hear it, what can I do for you, Fairchild Girl."

Well...

Even if she doesn't seem to remember...

She still seems to use the same term for you...

---

Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"V-very nice?"

For some reason, that particular comment about her legs gets a strange reaction out of her-! She seems to smile in a nervous sort of way, like she appreciated the comment, but the words that come out next are both whispered and well-

"But it's always seemed like guys don't like muscular girls..."

-filled with a strange sort of hesitance, or embarrassment-! Of course Yuriko has it all wrong, that's not how it is at all-! The thing that scared the other students about her was her resting I'm about to snap face, like she was pissed off all the time, but you knew that actually wasn't true at all-!

Another victim of judgement by appearances-!

Indeed, the look on her face now is pleasant enough-! Nervous in a cute way, hint of red, like she was feeling embarrassed for some hard to define reason-! She definitely had her cute sides, if other people couldn't see that, well, other people were just blind-! Still, she seems to take your assessment of your news to heart, stepping back and letting you into the main building, where a number of make-shift blanket tents seem to have been propped up in the living room around the television set, like the kids had been having some sort of movie night before falling asleep in the living room, a practice that was somewhat old-fashioned nowadays, but that was still alive and well in this just-as-old-fashioned building-!

Yeah...

It was a western-style mansion, a massive building of three floors that had been taken from the United Kingdoms under certain circumstances, or at least, that was how your old man had vaguely described it back in the day. There were a number of defensive enchantments on the building -enough that calling it a fortress might be just as appropriate as a mansion- but they weren't the sort of enchantments that saw you as a target of any sort, if anything, the warm feeling that washes over you as you enter is one that immediately pulls you into it's protection...

A home that watches over the young, a nest that can't be breached by those with malice in their hearts...

It was that sort of thing, but the inner workings escaped you.

Still-!

"Keep it quiet, they're still asleep."

Moving through the living room and up the stairs, Yuriko whispers this warning to you like she thinks your hyperactive self might burst into song and awaken the children-! Of course you probably didn't intend to do that, after all it would be a lot easier to say what you needed to say if the kids were asleep-!

No chance of being overheard then, this makes sense-!

Yes-!

Stairs lead to a familiar hallway, although that hallway...

...Leads to an unfamiliar bedroom!

Although of course it's unfamiliar, you're not the sort that makes a habit of going into girl's rooms-!

This would be a first actually! If you didn't count the gang's shared space as a certain vampire's room anyway-!

"Here."

Upon entering, a towel is already being thrown towards your head...

"You look like you've been out in the rain awhile, no need to catch a cold."

Says Yuriko from what looks like the bathroom attached to her bedroom.

Ah.

Thoughtful!

"So..."

Although once she's done that...

"What's this... Thing for my ears only...?"

She seems to get nervous again for some reason-!
    Last edited by Airen; June 14th, 2022 at 07:39 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"Ah, thanks."

Hm? Right, he had ran through the rain to get to the orphanage. Guess it would make sense that he was a little bit wet! Taking the towel to his head, Blaise started vigorously drying himself up, focusing mostly on his long blonde hair. As he did, his energetic eyes scanned the room that he, come to think of it, had never really seen. In fact, he had never really been in a girl's room before! Huh, first time for everything, right? And looking at this place... well, it certainly seemed like Yuriko's room alright. There was a certain sense of the girl's rough-and-tumble personality shining through, but even so...

"Hm. It's a cute room," Blaise commented, matter-of-factly.

After all, it was!

Almost made him think that, right, Yuriko was a girl too! And she was! Though saying it out loud would have been rude, so Blaise refrained from it.

Instead... ghhh... damn this hair...

The boy grunted and opened up his hair that he usually kept on a lazy ponytail, letting it run free and flow around his face, wet as it was. It was definitely easier to dry this way, and would take less time. A towel couldn't do everything, after all.

Besides, getting to the point...

"Anyways..."

Blaise's eyes locked with the girl's.

"Yuriko."

He needed to make sure the girl understood how serious this was.

"... I've been thinking about this for a while. A long while, in fact. And last night, well... I came to a conclusion that it was better to just come out and do it," he explained. "Better to do it and possibly regret the outcome, rather than regret never doing it at all. So... I'm just gonna come out and say it. Like a man should. No beating around the bush. This is too important, after all."

With a brisk, determined stride he crossed the room over to Yuriko, laying his hands on the girl's shoulders and giving them a slight squeeze. This close, he could stare deep into those eyes, lock his gaze with her and make sure she didn't do that weird thing she sometimes did where she looked away after a while - like really, what was even up with that? For a kouhai she was strange at times, not that Blaise minded.

But, more importantly.

"Yuriko..."

He searched for the right words.

"Yuriko, I... I need you..."

Hm, was this the right way to say it? Yes, she should understand how important this was. Blaise couldn't leave this task with just anyone, he needed someone he could trust and who he knew was powerful - and the girl before him certainly fit the bill.

Ah, wait.

He had stopped sorta halfway into the sentence, and the silence that had followed had gotten awkward.

Better clarify things.

"--- Yuriko, I need you to look after Aoyama while I'm gone."

Blaise said with a satisfied smile and a nod.

"I'll be going on a trip for a while."

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Sofia's Lab
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

It's been a while since she last stepped into Sofia's lab.

Of course, factually speaking that isn't true. She'd only entered it once, and even then not more than a day had passed since her last visit - if it even reached a day at all - but nevertheless it felt like it's been a while. Reinforcing this notion is how different the lab looked; there are no scattered papers, photos and maps pinned on the wall, and there is an exercise equipment that clashed rather horribly with the aesthetic of the room that the LOVELESS princess is currently using.

But seriously, why does she exercise in her lab? There is a gym in LOVELESS, isn't there?

Privacy, maybe?

That... actually makes sense, I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sofia
    "I'm not sure what business the pope's daughter has with me, but let's hear it, what can I do for you, Fairchild Girl."
    Hearing Sofia's voice broke her out of her musing with Illia, and Cosmos cleared her throat to ease her nerves; hearing the familiar way of how the blonde addressed her, even when she'd forgotten, made her feel happy and hurt at the same time. Nevertheless, she must carry on, and maybe steeled herself for the inevitable skepticism and probably dozens of questions that the princess would ask.

"Greetings, Miss Sofia. I'm here today to both ask for your assistance, and because this place is supposedly quite secure." Cosmos began, giving a small, brief bow as Sofia descends from her pull-up to make sure the blonde saw the gesture. "I must confess that what I'm about to tell you might sound unbelievable and outlandish, but I assure you that it is the truth."

Cosmos took a deep breath, and with reassurances from her COMP, she dropped the bomb.

"We are currently trapped in a dream, and this is not the first time I've met either you or Mister Daniel. In order for everyone to wake up safely, I need to go to a military base in the North Pole, find the main computer, and look up information about the X-Cross. There are beings who will try to stop us in this endeavor, including but probably not limited to cognitohazards and the Sefirot." A pause. She realized she had yet to tell Daniel about Chokmah, but decided she'd answer any questions if either he or Sofia asks. "I... we need your assistance, Miss Sofia. Can you help us?"
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Hangar Bay (Inside Alexia’s Ship)
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

“Unconditional love?” spits Logan. “I lost the right to that the moment I got Sarah killed!” His fiery gaze clashes with Alexia’s icy one. “Don’t project your problems onto my mother! I’m---” His body shakes with such emotion he can’t express it with words. His arm rises into the air, tendons and muscles quivering as they strain against pale skin and knuckles popping as he glares at Alexia, and-

It falls to his side.

“I’m the one at fault here.” Logan bites his lip. “I couldn’t be a single thing I was supposed to be. I got my sister - her daughter - killed. I failed, again. Because I was weak.” He’s not even looking at her anymore. He’s too busy suppressing the pathetic heat behind his eyes. “And now you expect me to torture her again, to disappoint her again because I forgot something?”

What an ugly sound he makes at that.

“You’re not funny.”

All of that anger and hatred and sorrow seeps back into Logan, sending him staggering back before he practically falls onto the bed, bangs hanging over his eyes as he leans forward with elbows on knees. One hand holds a cheek that still aches.

“It was my fault.”

“No, it wasn’t.” Amelia sits next to him, leaning a spectral head on his shoulder. Her frame pulses with warmth in his pocket. “You’re wrong.”

After a moment, Logan sighs. “Not now.”

Amelia raises an incorporeal hand to rub his shoulder. “But you are. You became a Spirit Tamer, didn’t you?”

Another pause. Another sigh. “Anyone can do that, Amelia.”

“But you did. No one can deny that. Not even you.” She smiles softly.

Logan takes his hand off of his cheek and reaches into his pocket to pull out his partner. He sits in silence, running his fingers along her warm and golden surface until his breaths slow and his shoulders sink and his face stops trying to grind itself to dust.

“I want to know about who I’m fighting.” His voice is low and tired. “Tell me about the Alcheringa and the Sefirot.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening
    Weather: Snowstorm

"..."

Silence.

Even in the face of accusations and veiled insults, of an outpouring of resentment, distrust and even self-loathing, Burroughs had just stared quietly at you, eyes aflame with an emotion that is difficult to place. It is not something like fear or anger, the stillness of that body do not betray such negative emotions, nor is it something like regret or acknowledgement, because those eyes never leave you for a second even in the harshest parts of your speech, so...

What was it?

Resolve?

Exasperation?

"..."

She doesn't speak, so her words offer you no clues to go on, so...

The silence is awkward, silence of a person who is standing at your back right now, staring at you like an adult might stare at a child they were looking after... It's a look only Lydia sees, an adult-like exasperation, an annoyed sort of frown, like some part of the smaller girl wanted to get mad at the verbal lashing you had went at her with, but didn't think it would be proper to do so for some reason, like...

She understood where this was coming from? And thus couldn't bring herself to snap back at you?

Something like that, but, regardless...

*huff*

...In the end, she makes a sharp sound, a tired sort of sigh. The sigh involves her whole body, a single deep breathe that runs through the girl in her entirety, like she was drawing all the strength she had in her body to do what she was about to do, and then...

"Follow me."

...she says this, as she grabs your wrist.

It's an instantaneous movement, exactly like teleportation... A single step that has her crossing the distance between the two of you and grabbing your wrist with a surprising amount of force. Her body is small of course, so the nature of her strength pretty much has to be of a supernatural nature, but...

"Don't struggle. I'll just drag you if you do."

When a rather frail-looking girl that can't be any older than twelve starts to do it, well...

It's surprising-!

Still, having seemingly given up on dialogue for the sake of what appears to be brute force, Burroughs certainly has started pulling you along with her, although her apparent destination is...

The door leading out of the hotel?
    Last edited by Airen; June 17th, 2022 at 06:12 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"We could split up and look around the other rooms? Meet up back here in say fifteen minutes?"

Eva hesitated for a little.

“… Sure.”

Considering that the nightmare was still after them, Eva wasn’t too enthused about splitting up. Being here was, well, scary… but if shadow Catherine suggested it, it must not be as risky as she thought it was. The fright from earlier was just getting to her, she supposed.

This course of action was more logical, in that case.

Before they went their separate ways, though…

“… sorry.”

Eva felt the urge to say something. The way which she had avoided the question was rather blatant, after all- and considering what shadow Catherine had to say earlier about human nature, it felt rather offensive.

“About not telling you. It’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s just… well, something I’d rather not talk about. If I ever feel comfortable about it, I’ll tell you, okay?”

Not that she knew when that would ever happen.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????
    Afternoon (?)

You know, there had been a time where a broken bone was worth then a headache.

Raz closed his eyes, waiting for the placebo of caffeine to soothe some aching muscles. It was true, magic through certain expectations out of joint. Exhaustion, healed naturally, only took a night or two. Whilst burns or broken bones should take weeks or months. However magic changed the equation.

A skilled healer, or even a mediocre one could reduce anything short of immediate death to a temporary setback. There had actually been several missions Raz either heard about or even volunteered for where in defense of the City or one of its protectorates, knights had attacked in waves. fighting for as long as possible, only to withdraw to receive temporary healing and then back at it. In jobs like that, you learned how critical an hour or even a minute of rest could be when entire campaigns ended in victory or defeat depending on when people started to collapse from sheer sleep deprivation.

That was when you started to lose people. Friends.

Raz had actually heard once of the "Boss." a legendary figure whose coffee was good enough that it actually possessed a rejuvenating effect. Might have been myth, might have been real. Anyway, Raz didn't have that level of skill, if it was even possible.

So Ada's statement made sense. Raz was slowing down. Willpower was an amazing force, but it had limits. Raz could have handled the physical injuries. If nothing else once the Song of Battle started they would heal on their own even if he didn't do anything. And fighting several battles, even being knocked unconscious a few times well...

...A day in the life, right?

No, the problem was the World Wide Concert. Nobody could hold the power of a world. It was impossible. Performing it anyway was therefor a miracle. One bestowed by the World onto a person, because a Hero was someone who did what couldn't be done.

...Maybe that's why he and Dejah had been able to get along so well. He and the world had a working relationship.

At any rate, its invocation was euphoric, majestic, empowering...but he still had to live with a body which had functionally done the work of Atlas, carried a planet on its back. Some knights, at least supposedly, were creatures of such prodigious Strength and Endurance that they could simply stoically overcome such a burden, but Raz was not that impressive.

So from a tactical standpoint, again, have the squire investigate while he attempted to gather himself, at least for a bit. And Ada was no push over.

He actually wasn't sure of her exact combat abilities, but she was the only squire of the freaking knight of flowers. Raz once more had a chance to see the famed magic in action had he not? His fears about Lied Ortus had been entirely unfounded. Despite the obvious dangers of mixing harmonics, the glowing golden blade had adroitly handled the discordant melody. That could only be testament to the skilled working of the magician.

Who knows, Ada could, might very well be more of a threat in battle then Raz was. So as long as he didn't mind letting his little sister go alone into an alien and likely hostile environment while he stayed behind where it was safe, her suggestion was without apparent flaw.

"Darling... heart of my heart," Raz said with a laugh, "when have I ever been accused of being a reasonable man?"

"And besides," The black haired man said, walking beside her and adjusting the lacquered sheath at his hip, "any man, reasonable or otherwise knows exactly when he is beaten, with his little sister at his side and back."

"NEVER!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

The grasp of the small girl is surprisingly more powerful than it has any right being. Naturally it is supernatural as befitting of her existence, and yet the grip and pull of it aren't meant to drag the boy by force.

---Not just yet anyway.

Instead the girl retains a certain gentleness and kindness... but why?

Because she was placed in charge of the X-Cross?
    Because she feels miserable for what has happened?
    Or is there another goal in play here?

The ESPer doesn't know, and she refuses to answer any of his questions in full.

And so, while initially being taken aback and being pulled along, once the ESPer regains his footing... he resists.

"Don't bother."

A dangerous move, all things considered.

"I can see myself out. You have to remain impartial remember, and dragging me back out into the ship will only put you into Binit's crosshairs."

Despite letting his distrust be known, even Ludwig would rather she remained safe. It's a strange gesture perhaps, showing a modicum of care for the maiden he berated a moment ago. Yet placing this girl in danger would not do, so naturally her sticking with him for any longer is a no-go. Even moreso if such behavior could only be a violation of her duty as Observer.

Perhaps if she had chosen to split off a fragment of herself, with the core of Burroughs ceasing to watch over Ludwig. However she herself had denied that offer already.

No, instead she and Marlene both would watch. Look on without interference one way or the other as the boy would struggle and toil as he tries desperately to overcome the myriad of obstacles in the way.

The Sefirot, the horrors of the Kakera no Umi, the Savior.

He would either rise up until victory was achieved, or he would fall until even his stubborn persistence would reach its limit.

The world would either dream on without issue, or awaken to a reality indistinguishable from said dream. The innocent and ignorant needn't be roped in, let them live in bliss for as long as they can.

Besides, there are others for this Administrator to aid.

"Plenty of other X-Cross members are out there. You have your hands full don't you? So just... stop."

He balls a fist, nails digging down deep enough that the skin nearly bleeds.

"You've yet to answer any of my questions properly... just let me go. Don't foolhardily try and involve yourself with me, it'll only cost you."

Inner ugliness bubbles to the surface.

"If you refuse to answer everything else then at least tell me this. Why do you persist? Why care, there are others out there are there not? Tamers just as willing to fight the course of this world, that would actually listen to you. So..."

A warm hand rests itself upon the boy his shoulder. A reassuring gesture, as if to urge him to spill it all out. Gently guiding out thoughts that have been clouding him.

...Because she believes that this tiny girl is able to mend his wounds, even if it'll only be the first step.

As expected, even now Ludwig continues to rebel. Holding back pains that should remain locked away into perpetuity. His teeth grit, even as his ice cold gaze remains. Eyes refusing to break, holding out as his expression swiftly morphs back into his mask.

"...I'm not worth helping, girl. Return to your post."

Stubbornly holding out.

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"..."

Silence.

Indeed, the young woman seems to believe that this is the best way of handling you. Even as you prod her with more questions she says nothing, even as the darker parts of your personality slowly begin to seep through, the silver-haired maiden still doesn't say anything else to you. She listens certainly, those eyes that flicker back towards you every once in awhile are ones that are certainly paying attention to what you're saying, but all the same, the sheer sense of sudden resolve that has manifested itself in the smaller girl shows no signs of going out.

"..."

At the door, thanks to your resistance, you manage to stop her from going any further forward... Of course, considering what sort of entity she appeared to be, it was probable that she could increase her strength more than this and see this task through, and yet she doesn't do so...

Not yet anyway.

"..."

"...I'm not worth helping, girl. Return to your post."
    "..."

A sigh.

"That's dumb."

Before she states this a second time, a simple observation of your actions and words.

"Not up to you to decide if you're worth helping or not, quit forcing your opinions on other people."

She says bluntly, eyes flickering back towards you once more.

"Why are you humans like this? So many of you just hate yourselves so much, it's just...Nonsensical."

Small or not, short of stature or not, the young girl lets out a very adult-like grunt of annoyance.

"I care about all of you because I care about all of you."

A simple answer, one that claims the act alone justifies itself.

"I persist because I can't win otherwise, obviously."

You can't win a game that you surrender, or something of that sort...

"I'll talk to the others when I feel like it, my hands aren't so full that I need to abandon people."

One hand goes up to the exit, pushing it open slowly, a blast of cold-air pushing through the oak doors of the strange multidimensional hotel...

"...And I never said I was pulling you to the ship. Just because the door leads there for you doesn't mean that it leads there for me, I'm not like you humans in that regard."

So saying...

A much more powerful grip starts to pull you into the light of the outside.

---

Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????

"...Hah..."

Ada sighs.

"The vote of confidence is nice, but you do realize sibling teams lose all the time right?"

---Then snorts once, as if this was what she had expected you to say... Indeed it probably was, the look on her face isn't that of someone who was surprised at your answer, no, it's the simple exasperated look of a sibling that just wants to shake their head and mutter how dumb their kin is under their breath...

And it's...

Perfectly sincere?

For the DTG, perhaps this is strange? While Ada's appearance here was odd, while her existence as a whole was something that doesn't actually hold up logically, the young woman isn't showing signs of any sort of ulterior motive... The look of an exasperated sibling on her face seems legitimate, there's no sense that she's hiding something from you or lying, or even has reason to believe that you find her existence suspicious, which is, well...

Strange, right?

As far as your records show, Ada Stone...

Does not exist.

And yet...?

"Ah well whatever, just stay behind me then..."

She doesn't seem to have gotten the memo on that one...

Does she really believe it herself?

"Mom would throw a fit if I let you die for real, she'd never let me hear the end of it."

She starts off along the mud sea, clearly expecting you to follow behind her.

"...Having to pick up the payments on the stage would suck too, gotta keep you alive till then at least."

Ah.

Tsundere...

Although speaking of the stage, now that you were so close to it...

All systems were still green?

Well, items that belonged to you always did seem to handle impacts pretty well...

---

Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

It seems that when she can't do that weird thing she does with her eyes, that little look to the side that always seems to follow prolonged eye-contact with you, she instead takes on a rather notable shade of crimson in the face and neck. Indeed, the color the girl has taken over the course of the past few minutes is far from her usual sorta-pale look, a sign that she wasn't getting enough sleep perhaps? Or was this a mark of the storm that had been going on last night? She had been sleeping in awfully late this morning, so it was possible she had had a late night, right?

Those sorts of things make it much easier to catch colds-!

Alas, there is no time to get to the bottom of this particular mystery. Indeed, having come here to say a message and say that message loud and clear, you give it with all the gravitas suited for such a grand declaration, the passing of the torch of Aoyama's guardian from you to her, the obvious heir to the hypothetical throne so to speak...

Yes.

It made sense to ask Yuriko to do it. She was Aoyama born and raised just like you, didn't spend all that much time at the school in comparison to most students, was more than strong enough to hold her own against pretty much everything you had seen recently (maybe not Anima, but Animal was getting less and less scary as time went on) and well...

This is the task of a kouhai right?!

It makes sense!

Yes!

Even though your delivery had paused for a moment around the "I need you" line, a moment in which the girl's already crimson face had shot a very strange scarlet, her eyes opening wide in what was certainly surprise at the massive amount of trust being placed in her, you had gotten the whole thing out in the end as clear as day!

A message that cannot be misconstrued-!

Yes.

Beaming, you wait to see her response, and...

"..."

For some reason, she's looking a bit to the side again, expression lost in shadows, and... Trembling a bit at the touch? Shaking?

"That's it, huh?"

Her voice is pretty soft too... A whisper really...

"...Hah..."

Followed by a sigh, the brushing of hair from the face, then-

"Why are you-"

-arms wrap around your waist in a sudden grapple-! Gravity inverts, the world going upside down for a moment as she swings your body up, and the both of you start to fall backwards towards what seems to be the bed and...

Wait...

"-so needlessly dramatic about things-!"

Was this preperation for a suplex-?!

"LEADING GIRLS ON LIKE THAT IS WRONG-! WRONG!"

What?!

What?!

Why was she suddenly angry?! What had you done wrong?!
    Last edited by Airen; June 20th, 2022 at 09:07 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Hm?

Err, what?

Wait, this was a German suplex wasn't it?

"Wait, Yuriko, I---"

Whatever else Blaise was about to say was swallowed by the world tumbling around him and the following crash into bed. It was a beautiful suplex, it really was! Perfectly executed, a proper angle and arc, and lifting with your back, not with your legs! Of course, Blaise would have much preferred if it wasn't aimed at him for reasons unknown, but he had to applaud Yuriko for the performance.

Of course, he did not say this or applaud aloud.

He got the feeling it would have only made the situation worse.

"------- Ow."

Rubbing the back of his head, Blaise figured it was best to wait for the girl to calm herself down before untangling himself from this mess - in case he wanted to visit further violence upon him.

He could take it, to a point...!

At least if he had (for some reason) deserved it?

"... I'm not sure what I did wrong, but clearly it was something," Blaise finally spoke up fromt he bottom of the bed where he had been thrown. "I... I drank some tea earlier this morning. It was made by a fae, and... I admit, I've been feeling a bit loopy ever since then. So, um, sorry if I did something strange. Or bothered you with this request."

He didn't feel like he did anything wrong, though?

Though now that he was thinking, the hit did feel like it jostled some cobwebs out of his head that had been there since the tea...

"So, uh. Sorry again," he repeated, just in case.

However, that didn't change the fact that he had been completely serious with his request.

"Still... I meant what I said. Out of all the people I know, you're the only one I can trust to handle Aoyama in my absence the same way I would," Blaise continued. "I don't have many people I know and can trust in general, so... please. At least consider it, Yuriko."

His speech might have sounded more convincing, had the boy not been buried halfway into bed with his ass hanging up in the air.

A moment of silence followed.

Then...

"........ Am I really that dramatic about things?"

Not to mention, he hadn't led her anywhere!

If anything, she had led him into her room, and then into her bed!

But perhaps it was best not to argue that point.

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---Nonsensical.

Words that shatter expectations.

To the boy that stubbornly continues to resist, it is an answer he has trouble accepting, precisely because there's nothing to latch onto.

There's no greater reasons, no hidden motives, no over-complicated means. Caring simply because she does so, it truly is quite child-like.

And that's exactly why it's so hard to fight against, to refute, to deny. It's a true good, a cause that needs no further justification. Innocent and pure, untainted by the trappings that older minds are prone to fall into. It's foolish, caring for someone like him... and yet, what can he do?

She refuses his words, his unspoken plea to leave him alone. To leave him to his own devices, without meddling of Administrators.

But that's not all there is to it, no. To the boy that grew up with death and misery around him, it's a defense mechanism to send others away. Because all those he's cared for, all those he held dear, have all been swallowed up by the great equalizer. To bond with him, to care for him especially in times like these, would be tantamount to self-harm.

And causing others to hurt for him... because he's not strong enough to carry the pain of others. The thought alone freezes his heart over. So let them dream, let them help others, don't go looking for him.

A corpse should be left well alone, let alone a dead man walking to his grave.

Yet, that very mindset is what's being denied. The twisted mindscape of the ESPer formed from his troubled youth is looked upon by the Observer, as she beholds a boy clad in thorns of his own choosing.

...And she chose to pierce those thorns with such an innocent hand.

......Is it really okay to reach out to it? To trample over those familiar thorns, feet bleeding as they stumble into the unknown? To open oneself to pain once again, in the faint hope that it'll end up alright?

The hands on his shoulder urge him forward, his eternal companion giving her own blessing to this step forward. Even in such a daunting scenario, it seems she knows the best answer. To way to the future they both crave for.

...So perhaps, it really is fine?

His resistance wanes, placing his trust in the girls at his front and back.

Through the door.

Into the light.

The cold burst of air makes Ludwig close his eyes in reflex, however strangely the winds are familiar, somewhat nostalgic even.

And so, he opens his eyes once more. Taking in this new view in full.

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Night

“Oh, so you do know Burroughs,” Ayra responds, as if that’s the only thing she has gleaned from the conversation. Of course, she’s been following along, but the more Aislynn talks the more nonsensical it all sounds. Unfortunately, she can’t disagree with that nonsense, especially considering what she knows about cognition. Even if this is a pointless endeavor, pursuing it is better than not.

You’re just gonna roll with it?

For better or worse, Aislynn is our only lead.

True, true. But what about Miss Yonagi, huh?

I’ll talk to her.

Ayra sighs. Leave it to having the fate of the world rest on her shoulders for her to actually get the courage to confront her ex.

“In that case… Do you mind helping me corner Tsukiko, then? Or do you want one of those special custody deals where you’ll be placed under Tamer protection and all those other ‘perks’?” Unlikely, but hey, might as well offer. “Honestly, if the world, or rather, worlds, depends on it, would it kill her to communicate? That sort of responsibility isn’t something someone should bear alone.”

Can’t you give good advice that you actually follow?

I can’t tell my coworkers I’m a terrorist, you know.
    Last edited by Katie; June 21st, 2022 at 05:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????

“If a sibling team lost, that just proves their bond wasn’t strong.” Raz bantered back easily, mentally forcing his exhaustion into a locked box in the back of his mind where it could be ignored.

It sounded like a simple platitude, but what probably annoyed his sulky little sister was how obviously Raz actually believed that. In other words, a bond of sufficient power could overcome anything.

Maybe that was the mindset of a Wishing star wielder, who held the truth in his hands.

…Or maybe…maybe it took that way of thinking to master the Art in the first place.

At any rate, Raz did not of course, walk behind her. However he also didn’t feel the need to walk in front of her either. No, his sister was incalculably precious, and certainly he would die for her. But quite frankly, he would have done that for anyone. No, what made her different was what was revealed as he walked at her side.

Ada didn’t need his protection. At most, she needed someone at her back. She had been held back by her own laziness. But to put that another way, she had depths of power even she herself probably didn’t know about.

There was a small part of the knight of song which thrilled at the chance to have an adventure with her. He had offered before of course, but she always said no, even when he sent the invitation with home made chocolates.

“It’s actually deeded to you, you know!” Raz said after a moment. “I guess you could sell or return it, but I think the correct move would be to learn to sing! I would be your biggest fan!”

That wasn’t a lie. Raz’s mother didn’t need a stage for a dynamic entry and his father wouldn’t need it in the first place. The hard had no intention to die of course, but he knew it was a possibility. The Hermes’s stage had been left to his sister. She might use it differently then he did. Maybe just a simple mode of overland flight, but a young squire should have her brother’s steed, should the worst occur. She probably could even use the Shine in the Moment harmonix, if nothing else.

Speaking of, it seemed a bit of unexpected good news had developed. At first glance, the initial impact appeared to have rendered it as little other then a large paperweight. However, he had forgotten one important quality.

Like all of the highest quality bastions, the Hermes’ Stage possessed one great power.

The ability to independently repair itself if not completely destroyed.

Passed a certain point of creation, magical vehicles stopped being defensive armor’s and turned into weapons in their own right. Because of this, overall survivability had to be taken into account. At lower levels, it was enough to harden the exterior and add some defensive spell work.

But the next step was regenerative magics capable of restoring functionality.

Raz had always felt it somewhat fitting that both he and his conveyance had the natural ability to heal over time.

That ability had now shown its worth, as the Stage, not idle in his absence, had apparantly restored itself enough to return to basic functionality. The black haired knight wasn’t sure it was yet up to a full battle…

…But now he and Ada didn’t have to walk.

When the checkered surface rose into the air and shook itself, looking all together like a faithful hound kicking off an afternoon’s dirt and grime before gamely returning to its master’s side, Raz hopped up and turned to offer his sister his hand.

And then… a fun thought popped into his head.

”Say…would you like to drive?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

"No need to apologize to me."

No hesitation.

"I was just curious, it's not like it has all that much to do with me."

---And a voice that has become a bit closer to the usual Catherine, somewhat more emotionless and stoic, although the bizarre half-smile that this shadow always seems to wear remains on her face, a Cheshire Cat-like look for a girl whose smile no longer reaches those eyes, no...

"I just wanted you to think of it is all, whatever thought crossed your mind... If it's bad enough that you can't even talk about it out loud... It's probably the sort of thing that'll come crawling out to haunt you in a place like this."

...She's being uncharacteristically serious.

"The annoying part about dreams? The human brain loves it's symbolism, and robot girl or not... That applies to you too."

She chuckles.

"Places like this love to twist stuff, it'll show you things that might be buried deep inside of you... But it'll be distorted, like light through a prism..."

She turns away.

"Sometimes it's hard to recognize. But if you have an idea of what your fear is, you might be able to..."

Here she pauses, hesitates, as if the thought she had wanted to convey was something that she didn't have complete faith in... For the normally unshakeable Catherine it would be strange, for this bizarrely competent shadow it seems almost out of character, but in the end...

"...Recognize it when you see it. Won't get caught off guard."

She simply says this, raises a hand, and...

"Anyway, doesn't matter I guess, just run along now."

...Throws something for you to catch?

A whistle?

"Something's following you, right? So probably best for you to check the second floor," nudging her head towards the stairwell to your left, the shadow snorts as if to break apart the serious air, "If its following our trail exactly, it'll come in the way we did, so I'll look through the rooms down here, see if I can spot it."

She waves a hand lazily, as if brushing this strange statement aside.

"If you get in trouble or find something interesting, blow the whistle. If I find something, I'll blow my whistle. That'll be our signal. Easy, right?"

---

Ayra Lilygrove
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Night

"...Everyone has their secrets, I suppose."

Sounding like a normal person for the first time in awhile now, the woman's response to your words is filled with a strange emotion you can't quite place, some bizarre feeling between sadness and amusement...?

"Some run off to other worlds while no one is paying attention, others put on a conceptual mask and play Batman, completely ordinary hobbies."

Considering her previous crack about you being the sort of person that was destined to be a Phoenix Ranger, this little line of hers could be seen as an extension of that, but considering how much she seemed to know about Tsukiko...

Did she know about the Joker deal?

Regardless...

"But hmm... You want me to help you catch her?"

She seems surprised that you had even asked her this...

"I mean, it's probably something I could try and do, but..."

Again.

Instead of going off on her bizarre tirades, the woman instead just tilts her head and looks at you, eyes lit up not with amusement, but with a pure sort of curiosity, like all of this was a response she hadn't actually expected to hear, or perhaps, she simply saw all of this as being a bit too easy? Like she had thought it'd be harder to convince you?

Either way...

"...I think you'd need to stop her from stabbing me if I do. Feels like the kind of secret she'd stab someone over, you know?"

---

Raz Stone
    ???
    ??/??/????

"Me? Sing? You've gotta be joking, right?"

Ada snorts dismissively at the idea, a vague air of amusement lighting up her usually broody voice.

"I couldn't handle the paparazzi, would make day-to-day life way too much of a pain." She smirks, eyes following you as you climb up onto the stage, "Not that I don't think I could do it if I wanted too, I could totally do it, but I enjoy my privacy a bit too much to give it up."

"I'm more of a guitar girl anyway."

Ah.

There it is, another constant of her behavior...

The casual confidence beneath the brooding sulking self, the sort of person who complains about life while also being perfectly capable of conquering it's challenges with the proper motivation, a lazy sort of genius who hated even leaving her room, yes...

Now that you thought about it...

She was a perfect fit for being one of Merlin's students, huh? The Court Mage was a bit of a shut-in herself nowadays, bringing people to her rather than coming to them, a side-effect perhaps, of all those years spent trapped in a tower in the fae realms with only herself for company...

That, or she just preferred her own residence for those... Activities she always got up to...

Was a decent spot.

Nevertheless, when it comes to your offer to drive-!

"Drive?"

Ada blinks mid-lift up onto the stage, her ebony hair waving in the heavy winds that seemed to coat this area. She looks around the place soon after, eyes scanning the floor, the backstage, and even the lights above with mild suspicion, as if she thought this was the start of some sort of prank on your part, then...

A guitar -her COMP- appears in her hands in a flash of light.

"Sure."

She smirks.

"But won't that upset your partner? I feel like driving is usually his job, no?"

---

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---Familiar.

Yes, this scenery is very familiar, a lone castle out in the middle of an eternal snowstorm, a place of rippling winds and cold that could be both playful and bitter, depending on the time of day.

Yes...

It's the Karlfeldt Residence, a place that you've returning to for the second time in a month now...

Or have you?

Certainly it looks and feels like the Karlfeldt Residence you know, the nostalgic feeling in your chest has heightened considerably, but...

Unlike the last time...

You can hear... Laughter nearby?

Yes.

It's the sound of familiar voices, one lower and deep, another much more high-pitched, and still two more... One cool but stoic, and another cool but amused...?

The sounds draw your attention to them, to the land past the iron bars of the gates that separate your side of the grounds from their side of the grounds, and, as you peer through...

"Ha! You're all far too young to beat me at making snowmen-!"

You can see a familiar someone rolling a massive sphere of snow along the ground, someone with long-black hair, a familiar raven bomber jacket, and piercing silver eyes...?

Yes.

It's Lara Karlfeldt, tall as always, laughing aloud and rolling a snow sphere along the ground...?

Towards a distant group of other people, ones that are harder to make out with your eyes, but that seem to be gathered around a makeshift igloo and a fire pit...?

As for Burroughs...

She seems to have vanished into thin air the moment she had led you through the door.

---

Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Hangar Bay (Inside Alexia’s Ship)
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---No response comes to your demand.

When the world stops spinning around you, when the crimson-rage stops flowing through your veins, when your labored breathing returns to quiet breaths, when teeth stop grinding against each other...

You get no response.

No answer.

At least, not from Alexia.

"...She vanished."

Says Rice after a painful silence, and indeed, looking up from where your gaze had dropped to the floor, there is no longer the figure of that strange fae-like Tamer, the one who had seemingly been intent on poking at sensitive topics that other people might avoid, as if she thought that avoiding it would be a disservice to both sides of the conversation...

That blunt, uncompromising person...

Has vanished?

Indeed, she's nowhere to be found anymore, the computer is still on but the woman is nowhere to be found, instead there's simply Rice, staring at you with troubled eyes, a similar expression to the one Amelia had seen on the boat, the face of a young girl who doesn't quite know how to comfort the person in front of her, still...

After a moments thought, she...

"She can be sorta blunt, huh?"

...Says this apologetically.

"I probably should have said more... That woman doesn't really believe in tact. She says what she thinks, no matter how it might make the other person feel... A painfully honest person, really..."

Her gaze drifts towards the computer.

"Although she's not the type to just run away either, I figured I'd get the chance to interrupt her next tirade..." She sighs, "Maybe she finally felt bad about running her mouth too much...?"

Shaking her head, the younger girl starts over to the computer, sits down in the chair and starts going through the files on it, not even bothering to touch the keyboard, her gaze alone seeming to just cause the screen to flicker through a number of different folders and files... It's not quite as ideal as having someone answer your questions of course, but now that the weird pseudo-ghost Alexia is gone, it seems like the girl is just going back to her old plan to find the answers you were looking for, but now that you were watching her do it...

For one reason or another...

You find your gaze drawn to the time, the simple number at the bottom right corner of the screen, and...

12:00 AM.

...That didn't seem quite right...

---

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Sofia's Lab
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

"...Eh?"

The natural response.

"We're... Stuck in a dream... And this is not the first time we've met...?"

Still hanging upside down from her bar, the woman's movements nevertheless stop at the end of your story, as if the sheer absurdity of the things you had said had thrown her for a loop. She looks to Daniel after a moment, her current position meaning that her raised eyebrow is actually aimed a bit more towards the floor instead, but the man simply smiles mischievously back at her, his eyes lit up with amused lights, and then, slowly...

"Okay... This is a strange story..."

She gets off the bar, spinning backwards through the air and landing gracefully on her feet.

"I don't much feel like I'm asleep, but Daniel isn't the sort to bring people here for pranks... Or is he?" She eyes the man cautiously, although he just continues to smile, "And a military base at the North Pole you say? I could... Probably find a way to Longyearbyen at least if I wanted too, but this is... Hmm... Yes, this is a strange tale indeed..."

She peers inquisitively at you, brain clearly spinning away at the story you've presented her with...

But finally, after quite the awkward silence...

"...Well, one thing at a time, I suppose. LOVELESS is quite secure, so you have plenty of time to convince me further, no one can overhear us here, we're in our own little... World."

She laughs, clearly in a much better mood than the original time you had met the woman...

The reason why of course... Becomes obvious in retrospect...

If all the papers were gone... That means her friend hadn't died, right...?

So naturally... She'd be in a much more positive state of mind...

"Does anyone want lunch? Coffee? Tea? Exotic fruit juices?"

So much so that she's offering to pay for meals-!

"See?" Says Daniel with a smile, "I told you she'd feed us."

"...If you're just using me for free food, I'm gonna hurt you Proctor."

Ah.

Well at least their bickering style relationship hasn't changed-!

----

Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

End of Rev.

The strange file you had gained back in the Simulator along with Logan, and one whose name could end in quite a few different ways. What did it stand for really? Reverie? Considering all the people going on and on about the Reverie Complex, it seemed like a natural assumption to make, but then again...

It wasn't ironclad either, still...

The file wasn't encrypted either, whoever had named it that had simply named it that, with no other clues to go on... Not a big deal of course, you'd probably be able to figure out the gist of it simply by watching through the video in it's entirety (or at least you hoped you'd be able to) so nothing for it but to hit play and try to block everyone else out, let Rice handle the bright people (who gasp when they see her and hear her shaky "hello") while you filled a very empty stomach, and-

"..."

-these weren't bad actually.

Thick and fluffy buttermilk pancakes, what seemed like a jar of homemade strawberry jam (with lemon zest even) and perfectly crisp bacon, it's...

Not as good as your mom's cooking, but really, who could live up to that? That woman had traveled around Japan for the sole purpose of getting better than everyone else at that particular skill, as she had always liked to brag to you and the other kids on the block-! It was her best mom skill, what made her unique amidst all the other somewhat strange adults that populated Brick Lane-!

Still...

As far as the video itself goes...

...It shows a familiar city.

The one you had been trapped in alongside Logan, a place that looks sort of like a fog-enclosed London, with people of varying races and cultures wandering around in what seems like a strange sort of haze? Of course it's hard to tell from a simple recording, whoever was holding the camera didn't get too close to anyone, indeed, whoever is holding it seems to be making an active effort at staying away from others, moving up a fire escape to go up towards an empty roof, then looking out from the roof to what seems to be a sort of tower?

It's tall.

Tall enough that you can't see the top of it at all, a point that the camera holder also seems to go out of their way to make clear, looking up into the sky before aiming back down towards the ground, to the base of the tower, where...

A crowd has gathered?

There's a dark haired man covered in wounds (like he's been beaten) and bound to what seems to be some sort of cross? Like you were looking at the sight of an execution of some sort? And in front of him...

...A strange man with a spear...

No... A lance...

Long golden hair and a lance, lance that... Even in a recording...

You can recognize as abnormal, a supernatural weapon, no, an Ethereal Memento... A manifestation of a legend, and one of the more famous ones too, one of the ones everyone learns about in Tamer schools, namely...

Longinus?

The God-Killing Spear? One of those items that was up there with Excalibur in terms of fame?

Considering the context of the scene... Not something that seems to be going in a particularly positive direction, but...

"Sooooooo...."

...A certain reporter appears behind you.

"Whatcha watching?"

Extroverts.

Every time.

----

Blaise Pendragon
    Brighter Days ~ Yuriko's Room
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"Should've known better, of course it was all in my head..."

Muttering some strange things to herself as you untangle yourself from the beautifully performed suplex into a bed that is probably gonna have to be repaired with magic now, the young woman seems to be doing her best to rub away a headache with her hands, face still lit up that strange scarlet color from before...

"Guy just talks, he's like a neutron star, you should know this Yuriko, come on-!"

...It seems a bit dangerous to interrupt, so you wait to do it until she's recovered somewhat (at least from a visual perspective) and...

"Of course you're over-dramatic! Who looks a girl in the eyes and says they need her so seriously when what they really mean is they just want her to guard the town! Mixed signals! Mixed signals!"

Again, showing that strange habit of repeating her last phrase twice for emphasis, the girl points an accusing finger at you here, as if she wanted to burn this point into you...

Before she deflates.

Visibly just deflates, a sigh echoing throughout the room...

"Geez..."

She shakes her head.

"Ah well, whatever... Sure, I'll watch the town."

She grunts.

"The hell are you going, anyway? And why are you drinking things a fae gave you?"

...Seems like she's not gonna comment on the suplex at all...

---

Rossweisse & Hiyori
    Tokyo ~ JAXA
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon

A challenge shouted into the nothing, towards a specter that only one of you can hear, a disembodied voice that hasn't shown much of substance until now.

Of course even ghosts have substance.

With a strong enough sixth sense they can be perceived, and with the world the way it was now, it meant that most of the populace could see ghosts, so the fact that you couldn't see whatever this was, well...

It was a bit alarming.

Then again... It doesn't seem to do much either...

Hiyori's voice echoes out into the void of the room, Charlotte is looking around the space a second time with narrowed eyes and a set jaw, as if preparing to swing a fist at the first person or thing that comes at her, but no such thing happens...

No.

For ten seconds nothing happens, then for twenty more, still nothing...

Then...

"...Sure."

Suddenly.

From Ross's perspective...

The room flips 90 degrees.

The door slams open as if someone had kicked it in, and she falls towards it, gravity pulling her out into a hallway that seems far more coated in shadows than it should, and yet...

Neither Hiyori nor Charlotte follow.

After all, to them, no such thing occurs, in fact...

From their perspective...

It looks almost like something invisible has just violently pulled the girl towards the open door...!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

End of Rev.

Chris' eyebrow twitches as she reads the title. Right, of course. Rev could stand for any number of words. Revolution. Revival. Revenge. Just to name a few. Where had 'Reverie Complex' come from, then? She's never heard that phrase in her life. Another trick of her misbehaving mind, no doubt. More vigilance is needed.

Yes, she needs to be careful, she thinks, as she focuses in on the shakycam video of a giant tower in London and the rather tacky biblical reenactment going on at its base. Hadn't the people been cheering last time? With fireworks and everything? The scene painted here is hardly one to loudly celebrate-.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reporter
    "Whatcha watching?"
    The laptop lid is nearly slammed shut in an instant, with only a gamer's reflexes stopping the screen from breaking upon the keyboard.

"Classified," Chris says without missing a beat.

She pauses, searching for the solution to the radiating beam of light behind her shoulder, whispering "BE NOT AFRAID" with its very presence.

"The pancakes," she continues, eyes glued to her plate. "Were good."

A pregnant pause ensues.

"Still classified."

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

"Oh, really?"

She beams, completely unperturbed by the fact you almost shatter the laptop screen out of reflex.

"That's good! I tried pretty hard! Figured we could all use a bit of a pick-me-up after... Well... Whatever the heck was going on back there!"

Like most bright, friendly people, it seems that she doesn't take offense to awkward or blatantly secretive actions. Indeed, the woman simply smiles at you, taking the long pause in a stride that only the socially talented can do, those people that could be airdropped to any point on the planet, and have a group of friends around them by the end of the first day...

In other words.

A very radiant beam of light, lingering over your shoulder.

Not as bright as the Goddess, but enough that you can practically see it in tangible reality.

"But classified huh? Sounds interesting! Like, super secret spy documents? Conspiracy theories? Proof of the Hollow Earth? The fake moon landing? The identity of the person that shot JFK?!"

Somehow or another, she seems to be finding things to talk about in spite of the colder, to the point treatment she was getting...

Maybe she just doesn't understand what classified means?

She is a reporter after all, they never listen to things like that-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    ???
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---Home.

While it count not be denied that Ludwig subconsciously had begun to feel at home in the SLEIPNIR, that much is now denied, given the nature of the entity who had seen fit to make his room her personal hangout.

And so logically, the boy should fall back onto the Karlfeldt estate as his home. It is where he was raised after all, but...

Even if his mind actively acknowledges this place as to where he hails from, and as such is tied to, his heart has never truly felt such a sentiment. The estate is a cold place, but not only due to the temperatures and weather ranging from chilly winds to unforgiving winters, but also due to the events that transpired and the way that those who owned the estate had treated him and the others.

And so, this display of joy and happiness on the face of the sister that had been robbed of this place so long ago now... it's a strange sight.

Albeit not an unpleasant one.

Still, it doesn't take long for the ESPer's mind to begin deconstructing the vision before him.

It wasn't too long ago that Alexia had conjured up some sort of dreamworld in which the boy was to fight alongside Adala to aid her in sealing away both Fenrir and Loki, a reality that he had discarded surprisingly quickly due to his need for proving his own strength.

And considering that Lara by all accounts should be on the SLEIPNIR with Adala at this very moment, this place was most likely a similar deal. A dream of sorts, close enough to reality to be tangible, but a lie in essence. Or perhaps it's instead a mental landscape, working in the image that the Heir of Unity had just spoken off.

A visage of Lara and LUCID, capable of enjoying their lives without fear and worry. A happy little dream of ignorance, that if left untouched would leave them in this joyful atmosphere.

---The iron bars before Ludwig are only too apt then.

Outside, behind the bars, the boy stands alone. A barrier that underlines that his place is not with them. He looks in with the ghost of a smile only for a short time, separate from the others.

As it should be.

The man without a home.

He turns his attention to the estate, in the faint hope he could learn something before the forceful little princess got started again.

Only...

Lydia isn't quite as cooperative in this instance.

"No, this is most likely a recreation of the past. The one that Marlene would push, the world where no one died. It's not my past, and this is as close as I'm likely to get to the Imperator."

The AI raises her eyebrow.

"Even you don't believe that Lud... Sigh, you're forcing things too early lil B. Time is frozen still, you have the time to indulge in your heart's desire. So just keep looking, alright, even if it's just a little while longer."

"...Fine. You're still here aren't you, Burroughs. So, for what purpose did you drag me here?"

Cosmos Fairchild
    LOVELESS, Sofia's Lab
    Monday - Noon
    11/16/2026

Normally, Cosmos wouldn't want to waste time on something mundane like lunch when she's on an important mission. There are so many things to be worried about, so many things to consider and so many plans to be made...

And yet, seeing Daniel and Sofia bantering like she remembered brought a small smile to her face.

It's absurd if she thinks about it. She doesn't even know them for a full day yet, but seeing them like this made her feel like reuniting with old friends. Seeing Sofia in a much better mood, knowing that her friend is alive and well, made her happy too.

And the lunch offer... well...

"I... suppose I'll take your offer on lunch and tea, if it isn't too much trouble." Cosmos said after a few moments of hesitation, looking between her feet and the blonde princess. "I can answer any questions that you have as we eat. Oh, and anything is fine for me, I'm not a picky eater."

Because they're still in the dream, being too paranoid and thinking on worst-case scenarios too much is actually dangerous; eating will help her to take her mind off things while relaxing in a relatively safe environment. At least, that's how Illia helped her rationalize this decision.

Or maybe she's just hungry.

She hadn't eaten in a while, after all.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Himawari ~ Dirac Sea
    ??/??/????

"Yes," Chris manages to say, beads of sweat running down her neck as Aleta looms over her shoulder. "Sort... of."

What is Verity doing? She was supposed to be a distraction! A sacrificial lamb so that Mokujima Chris could eat breakfast in peace! How had she failed to hold the reporter's attention for longer than a minute!?

There is no escape, Chris realizes. She has to endure this somehow. A steadfast approach is her only option. She will stay strong. Stubborn. Like a rock in the ocean - wait.

Wait a second.

Who shot JFK?

"...wasn't that... Oswald?"

Furthermore.

"We... literally... have... a moon base..."

What's with these retro conspiracies?