Page 62 of 142 FirstFirst ... 12525760616263646772112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2833

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama, Sho's Residence
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning, Just After Midnight

Some claim it's muscle memory, others just call it instinct.

The thing is, the second I hear that voice, that familiar voice which has already engraved itself into my mind after so many encounters over the past year, my body immediately decides to move on its own, ignoring the fact that I have yet to catch up on this sudden turn of events. Likewise, my mouth opens automatically to whisper a sadistic message brought straight from the depths of my subconscious, a peerless villain-like line developed and kept safe for a long time just to be used at this precise moment, when the opponent least expects it.

"It's you who's a fool, Jack!"
    Speaking those words with pleasure as I turn around, my hand swiftly moving in to capture one of his little appendages, I finally become aware of my actions. Despite my overall terrible speed, the surprise factor turns out to work spectacularly in my favor. "Stepping into my range with such little care! Just whose lair do you think this is...?!"

I swing the doll-like demon in mid air a couple of times, before releasing my grip on him, sending him flying. His size and low weight works to my advantage, allowing me to toss him at max strength with no worries of anything breaking so long as I keep my aim steady. I am sorry but a hero should never wander into a villain's lair unprepared and not until the final battle, otherwise it's a guaranteed dead end-!

"A castle clad in pitch-black darkness, its expenses paid with sweat and blood! A crossroad where evil converges, where the souls of the fallen speak their regrets, an ideal place for one such as I! This is my home!"

Amamiya Sho will always attack intruders, no matter their nature. A rational person at times, he unravels his mask whenever his possessions are at risk. In this case, he becomes a 'hit first, ask questions later' kind of individual, all in order to defend the right of a private property. Normally he would not even bother giving a speech like this one, but that is just how his relationship with this particular Jack Frost is. In this fantasy, he would always adopt the role of the villain.

"Venturing into my territory unaided... It doesn't get any more foolish than that. Be gone, child of ice, say your final farewells to this world."

A villain has a tragic backstory. A villain is always misunderstood. A villain is not allowed to show weakness.

That is I! A villain through and through!

"Once I press this button, the temperature in this room will raise tremendously, so much that this place will become hell itself."

In my hands is the control of the only Air Conditioner I ever bought. Very well concealed within the interior of my home, it's a relic I recovered from a garage sale years ago. Of course, once it broke and I learned that repairing it was just as expensive as getting a brand new model, I simply abandoned the idea of saving money for the cause. But now, it will prove useful in eradicating one of my few rivals who's still standing.

"..."

It's not working.

This thing won't even do it's job wrong anymore. Perhaps as a result of not using it in a very long time, it now refuses to awaken from its deep slumber!

"A-Anyways." I try to buy myself some time. "Of course I already knew what she was talking about. On Christmas Eve, this year, I succumb to a curse of eternal sleep. That's... Alright with me, I guess. Beats dying by a long shot."

Turning my back to the hero and his red haired princess, I slide into the kitchen to prepare some coffee. I suppose that I'll be a good host -villains are always respectable hosts, after all- and prepare one cup for each guest, as well as one for myself.

"That way, if someone ever manages to wake me up, I'd be rich. All my collectibles will have surely escalated enormously in price by then. In any case, since someone is being stubborn and playing 'keep guard all night long', I suppose I'll join. We just need the right boardgame to pass the time, and we're set."
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Simulator
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    “What do you know about her? Does she have anything to do with this? Does the Messiah?”
    ---In spite of the energy in that question, of the burning desire to know, it takes a moment for the floating girl (entity) to respond to your question in any real way; indeed, her gaze continues to search your face as you think, giving off the clear aura of someone who was actively trying to break you down into more manageable fragments with her eyes alone, as if the answers to these questions would satisfy the innate sense of 'paranoia,' that was clearly driving all of her actions, and...

"...What do I know?"

...For a moment.

Yes.

For a moment, those eyes become warmer again, although not in a way that you would prefer, indeed, it's more like...

Pity?

Or something along those lines...

"...The World is Strange. The dead do not return to life, that is one of the fundamental laws of reality. Nevertheless, Sarah Starbright walks again with her own soul... Asking me why, I suppose she does so because she is your 'dream,' a wish that existed inside of your heart."

The warmth fades with that question, and again, the return to the more clinical stare.

"Of course what her objective is is beyond me, who knows what's going through that girl's head?"

---Of course, reality is not so kind as to prove you with everything, indeed, on some level, all of this had just become a bit more confusing because she doesn't seem too keen on elaborating...

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    “This traitor, these people you don’t trust: They’re stronger than you, then? Stronger than your coworkers? Stronger than Spirit Tamers?”
    And at this...

"You don't need to be particularly powerful to backstab someone."

She laughs.

A bitter, cynical laugh...

"I'm sure I could dispose of the traitor if I found them, it's some... Other beings... That are the ones I'd rather not run into under the current circumstances; I have no way of telling if the traitor is working with them or not, so I must assume that they are, I can't take the chance of being incorrect right now."

In the distance, Logan's denial of Eve's help leads to the android almost seeming to lose steam mid-flight in surprise; her jump ends prematurely, ending up on the edge of one of the many simulated buildings as the crowds of people down below shuffle towards the clock tower, and the look of surprise on her face, as if she herself was surprised that she had followed that order so fast...

It's almost cute.

Verity's vague look in the android's direction is too, considering the android seems to innocently wave at her, and she...

Awkwardly waves back?

Another brief moment of humanity for the ever cynical girl, before...

“That nickname of yours… You know an Edgar by any chance?”
    "..."

...Silence.

Listening to Amelia's question, the floating girl goes completely silent, and the eyes go completely cold...

In that instant.

The thought that shoots through her head is obvious, namely:

Do I have to take care of these two?

It's a bit of a swerve from everything up until now, like an older sister suddenly realizing one of her younger siblings might be in danger, and sizing up the threat and necessary level of response, but...

"..."

After an awkward couple of seconds it fades as she comes to some sort of conclusion, and...

"Maybe."

With that, she drops a photograph on the ground.

Old-fashioned Polaroid, made with an instant camera, remarkably old-fashioned considering the current technological level of the World...

Inside that photograph, are a number of people.

People standing in what looks like the cafeteria of some sort of building, one with frost-tinted windows and wooden floors; the people in the image are having some sort of get-together, that much is obvious from just glancing at the photograph itself, and...

-it hurts to look at it for some reason.

-You're in this photo, standing near the back wall alongside Astra, who has her arms crossed and seems to be eyeing some nearby Christmas trees with an amused look on her face.

-The hermit is in this photo, playing chess with an older woman with brown hair, an NWAB agent, judging by the golden moon on her chest.

-There's a blonde delinquent looking youth in what you can only assume is the kitchen, caught in mid-leap between many different dishes.

-Raz Stone is on a stage -singing as always- a smaller crowd around him, because this seems like a smaller gathering in general...

-There's two church girls walking side by side, one of whom seems to be holding the other one back from a hug with a mildly annoyed face, followed by a red-haired woman in a scarf clutching a guitar.

-Vincent is doing as he always does, manning the window of what can only be another coffee shop, Anna and Ludwig sitting on the stools nearby, and the hologram of an A.I surrounded by what seemed like four kids (one of whom Amelia can recognize as Burroughs, and another as Verity) with a tired look on his face, and...

It just keeps going, an image full of even more people that you can and can't recognize, that sends static coursing along the surface of your brain, static that forces you to look away from it as if it was cursed, as if your eyes would boil out of your head if you didn't, but before you do...

Before you can...

You notice writing on it.

Just a little bit of writing, on the back of the photo itself, written in someone's hurried penmanship...

---X-Cross Celebration, Northern Base, 12/24/2026
    Last edited by Airen; October 26th, 2020 at 08:29 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Eva Ellet
    Vatican City ~ Obelisk Square
    11/16/2026
    Morning, Sunny

“That’s…”

She hesitates to continue.

It is almost certain that there are people in the world with the same name as you. Basic statistics and the enormous number of people in the world ensures the probability approaches infinitely close to one. In this way, without ever having met them, most people can be almost certain that their name is not unique.

Eva Ellet is not one of those people. Despite having also never met another person with the same name, she knows- not just probabilistically- that her name is not unique. That there is another person named Eva Ellet.

And her knowledge does not end there. She also knows, roughly, despite having met them, how this other Eva looks- very similar to herself, as Myra has just described. Her past, her personality, and even trivial things like her favorite foods and colors… these are all things Eva Ellet is familiar with. It would be impossible for her not to know.

Given all this knowledge, there is only one response that Eva can give to Myra, considering the information that she just provided.

“…quite a coincidence, I guess.”

In her mind, it’s not possible that the person Myra is describing is the other person that Eva is thinking of.

Because that person is no longer around.

Because if they were, then Eva Ellet standing here would not exist.

Because there would be no reason for her to exist.

After all, Eva Ellet, the anti-spirit suppression weapon, was built because Eva Ellet, the human being, had disappeared. She knew that from a certain perspective, you could say the existing Eva was just a replacement, in the sense that she would not exist if things had not turned out that way. She tried not to think about it much- for a while, her creator had certainly not seemed bothered by it, and Eva followed in her footsteps. But regardless of whether she was a replacement or something else, since she did exist, it was true that the previous one had disappeared.

Therefore, what Myra is describing can only be classified as a mere coincidence. An extraordinary coincidence, but a coincidence nonetheless.

She didn’t want to think about the other possibility.

And yet, despite being certain it cannot be true, it was impossible for her not to be curious about it.

After all, it was evident that a replacement was not necessary if the original was around- at least, she was certain that was how her creator would see it. It would definitely make her happy, at least- and so even though she was certain, only in the probabilistic sense, that it wasn’t true, she had to find out.

She knew it was an awkward topic to ask Myra- who had probably figured out that it was weird, even though she didn’t know the full details, but she had to ask nonetheless.

“Tell me more? … It’s not every day you get to hear about someone who has the exact same name as you, after all- I’m a little curious.”

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke
    "...could you tell me how you know Kurogane Sakurako?"
    A moment of silence.

Silence brought forth by the hesitance of a young woman, who raises a finger to her chin in what could only be thought; it's the body language of someone trying to recall a distant memory, or perhaps wondering if it's really okay to share stories that involve people other than oneself, however...

Eventually...

"...It's a bit of a creepy story."

She says that, with a small smile, finger moving from her chin to the air.

"But I suppose Tamers aren't really creeped out that easy, huh? You guys run into scary looking things all the time, right? It'll probably be nothing for you."

So saying, she crosses her arms and nods once, then:

"I met Kurogane-san a few months ago... I don't remember exactly when, I think it was pretty early in the year, but it went a little something like this..."

Aislyn's Story

Aislyn Wevere
    Aoyama ~ Brick Lane
    ??/??/2026
    Sometime After Midnight, Storm
    [BGM]

---It was at times like these that she wished for a little more abuse of magical power.

The sudden storm that had washed over Tokyo had been one that everyone had seen coming for days now, and yet one that had been allowed to move about as it liked, coming to drench a town that could have easily banished it if not for the sake of keeping things natural... Of course, it's not like she doesn't understand that sentiment, one driven by emotion rather than practicality, but...

Well...

When one is forced to go out walking in that rain, in that storm, without any form of protection of her own, well...

It was a tad annoying, especially when this walk was happening so early in the morning; it's the final misfortune in a line of misfortunes, having been scheduled to close down the restaurant for the night, it was the appearance of a large party at the end (group of about twenty or so people) that had put an end to the idea that she might just be able to go home on time for once... Their stay had delayed the closing process quite a bit, pushed things back two hours or so, and now...

Now she was wandering in the town, in the early morning, when anyone reasonable should have been long asleep in bed...

"They were kinda rude too... But I guess this is part of the job..."

Sighing to herself, the girl complains aloud but there is no one around to hear her other than the rain; she's not like most of the people in this city, she simply has no need for a COMP and thus never really bothered to get one, of course...

She was paying for that now.

Footsteps splash along the cobbled paths of Brick Lane; while the entirety of the ward was essentially a mixture of tradition and modernity, with old shrines and historical buildings existing alongside newer government agencies and railway companies, Brick Lane was the part of Aoyama that most gave off the atmosphere of a more Western style city. Brick structures line a straight path down the area, with establishments like the Mokujima Bakery (at the northern end of the district) giving way to places like "Devil May Cry" (a store she had never entered before herself) or "Le Coultre," (an antique shop owned by a particularly troublesome woman) and even "Boutique Nomad," a clothing store known for popularizing the latest fashions, all ending with the Starlight Aquarium at the very end of the path, yes...

Brick Lane was a place she knew well, right now she worked at a pasta restaurant in the area, and well...

She came down through here to get to home every day.

Of course, it wasn't usually this empty; with Aoyama being the "Magic City," it certainly has a bustling nightlife, people wandering too and fro all throughout the late night hours without a care in the world, but it seemed like...

Three A.M was a bit much even for the Night Owls, or perhaps...

Everyone was simply avoiding the storm?

She wasn't quite sure yet. She had only moved into this town recently, and while the residents were friendly, there was still a certain sense that they belonged to an inner circle that outsiders simply couldn't understand right away... It is perhaps to be expected, the older residents of this town (and even some of the younger adults) had been through quite a harrowing series of ordeals together, struck with wave after wave of supernatural phenomena that had led to it's current state as the most magical area on the planet, yes...

Both Kyuubi Incidents alone were enough to leave a permanent scar on this place, but...

There was probably something more than that too, the power that shielded and healed the humans that lived here...

This area was connected to something quite special, and the residents (at least on some level) were probably well aware of this fact.

So...

It's probably natural that she feels like a bit of an outsider, in time, she'd probably be pulled into that extended Aoyama family that seemed to exist here amongst everyone...

Or at least, she wanted to think so, but...

Tonight she was alone.

Alone with little more than the rain, or at least, she was...

---Soon enough, as she moves through the area, the young woman can hear the sound of something like television static in the rain; static that joins with the feeling of bugs skittering across her body, as a figure comes into view in the distance.

In the rain, it's hard to see exactly what it looks like, but...

It's not hard to tell what it is...

Shadow.

Sometimes called youkai, monsters made out of hostile human spirits, or rather, humans that have decided to take on the shape and role of monsters. Such things are incredibly rare, but not impossible to see in Aoyama... While the ward is normally bright and cheerful, there are remnants of darkness and oddity that stick their heads out from time to time... For a monster like the Kyuubi to have fallen in this area, a monster that itself represented the "darkness of all human hearts," there was bound to be one or two lingering regrets still hiding away from the brilliant lights that roam this land now, the Tamers... No, even the civilians are too bright for them nowadays...

Normally, they would be too scared of those lights to emerge like this, however...

---For some reason, these sorts of things really didn't like her, or at least, evidence suggests that they don't; she's not quite sure of the reason why, it might simply be because her Reiki is particularly attractive to twisted human spirits for some reason, but...

This was the night she found out they didn't like her enough to actively get in her way if the opportunity presented itself, if no one else was around, if they thought they could get away with it, and it was the time of night where their powers were highest, yes...

The thing had the head of a television set, mud streaming from it's head like wires, and...

"...!"

...She had frozen up.

Combat had never been her forte... She wasn't good at the punching and the kicking, the magical explosions and violent clashes of ideals and reality...

She was pretty good at magic, but she wasn't a good fighter.

Once, she had had a bit more confidence, confidence enough to not freeze up at the sight of a monster that wouldn't have a single other member of this ward flinch, but...

She does.

She freezes in place, as it slowly limbers towards her.

...Of course, it might not be entirely the fault of her cowardice. Entities like this do tend to have ways to make their prey stand still, and without a COMP, without her lucky book that served as a sort of charm, well...

It was easy enough to fall prey to such a thing...

---It's a bit pathetic really.

Even the average civilian of this place would have at least managed to dodge an attack, probably multiple, enough that a Tamer could appear and handle the problem, or a group of civilians could all come beat it down on their own, but...

She doesn't have that strength either, she's not a good fighter, and thus...

She freezes up.

The mud-like whips close in on her in a flash, and...

"..."

A hand catches them all, easily.

It's the hand of a girl with long black hair, with clothes stained like the night, and an expression that Aislyn can only describe as emotionless...

Yes.

The emotionless look of someone that had practiced being so, who had become stoic, rather than being so right from the start.

"..."

The girl says nothing, the waitress says nothing, but the monster...

It screeches.

Like it had found some other prey it had been looking for, the thing disregards the strange mud whips and swipes at her with impossible claws, but...

"...Leave me alone already."

The new girl has no mercy.

Or perhaps, it's simply a lack of restraint?

Power enough to yank the being's head down into the cobble street by the wires, a primal, brute force strike that nevertheless has a certain flow to it, yes...

The flow of someone who does this sort of thing often, a grab, smash, and stomp that executes the monster with all the casual brutality that one might reserve for a bug or an insect...

It's... Practiced....

Something this person has done many times, so many times that the body can simply take over and do it on it's own, and yet...

When she's done, when she's struck the monster down easily, as a Tamer might do, that girl...

Simply starts walking away.

...Perhaps that's the oddest thing of it all?

Perhaps that's why she calls out to that retreating back? To the soaked clothes that don't seem to care that they're soaked, the trembling muscles that don't seem to realize they're shaking with cold, or to the eyes that hadn't seemed to register her existence at all?

Yes.

That's certainly why she calls out...

"Uh... Um... Thank you...?"

Those words had come harder to her at the time.

The bane of pride, as one might say, but to that...

"...Nothing to be thanked for... It was after me originally... So I needed to take care of it anyway."

In other words, her savior really had barely acknowledged her existence, but...

The rumble of a stomach shatters that cool, stoic image, and...

"Are you... Are you hungry...?"

Reveals the awkward way the girl fidgets, as she clearly keeps attempting to escape social obligation and...

"I can feed you... As a thank you...?"

"..."

...Demands of the physical form.

She ends her story with a bit of a smirk, as if remembering something she found amusing, then...

"Since she saved me, I took her back to the shop and fed her as best as I could... Real emotionless girl back then, fidgeted a lot, didn't seem very comfortable around me, but... We saw each other a few times after that too, I started working the graveyard shift, and she liked to wander in the early mornings..."

A pause, then...

"...Probably to avoid the crowds."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Interlude
    Sariel
    Faith and Fate

Let us turn the clock back a few days.

A few days after Cosmos’ return from another world, and a few days before she left her room in pursuit of the truth. A few days in which nothing really “happened” inside the girl’s room.

On one such day, Cosmos Fairchild lies still on her bed, facing the wall and showing no sign of getting up. Besides her bed, trying to rouse the girl up without ever giving up or leaving her, is the hologram of Illia, her pleas seemingly falling on deaf ears. Earlier that day, Alyx Kingsleigh opened the door, if only to confirm that her sister was there before departing once again, and one Ariel Lynx, too, entered the room to make sure that Cosmos at least ate something.

For a few days, this has become a routine, and it will be for the next few days too.

But on this day alone, something different is happening.

As her personal guardian angel, Sariel had bore witness to everything that Cosmos Fairchild experienced; from her unwillingness to summon her against White Shroud out of fear, to her desperate screams and cries as she saw the lifeless body of her mother, to finally being unwilling to even get up from her bed out of sheer guilt and grief, Sariel had seen how Cosmos has fallen to despair.

It’s not as if she doesn’t understand why Cosmos was so broken; the girl had just gone to another world after she spent ten years in the Vatican, her mind exhausted from the battle against White Shroud, and she was expecting safety and comfort when she ran back home. It was only natural for Cosmos to break so horribly when instead of safety and comfort, she came back home to get stabbed right in the heart.

Sariel understands all that; she had cried herself, as she genuinely liked and admired Mary. If she managed to cry, then she could only imagine the sheer heartbreak that Cosmos went through.

And yet for all her clumsiness, kindness, and empathy, Sariel is still an angel. And as an angel, her faith in God is absolute.

In that sense, Sariel couldn’t help but to pity - and perhaps laments - how Cosmos had acted in the past few days.

There is a reason why one of the most important teachings in Abrahamic religions is to love God above all else, first and foremost, for He is All-Powerful, and He is Eternal. With God as your pillar, then one can weather any kind of trials and tribulations, for when one believes in the All-Powerful and All-Knowing who shall never die, then there is no need to despair. This is the essence of “faith,” and when one is truly faithful, then one shall achieve a peace of mind, secure in their faith and love in God.

--There are two ways to gauge a person’s faith.

One is in their daily life; when they are happy, when they can get by, when everything seems to be going their way, do they remember to pray? To thank God? Do they remember to sing their praises to the Almighty God and to not let the blessings blind them?

In this aspect, Cosmos passed with flying colors. The girl never failed to pray everyday, always attended masses, and whether it is before a battle or before she eats, she always prays to God, thanking Him for His blessings and asking Him to bless her and her family in the future as well.

But the second way to gauge a person’s faith is when a tragedy befalls them. When the world seems to want to make them suffer. For most people, this is when they pray, and Sariel knows - and has seen - that this is also where many laments at how God hates them, or how God doesn’t hear their prayers.

In this aspect, Cosmos unfortunately fell short. While she doesn’t seem to curse God or lose her faith, she doesn’t seem to be doing anything either; she doesn’t pray, she doesn’t ask for strength, and she doesn’t ask for help, at least as far as Sariel could tell. It reminded Sariel of Alyx, more than anything, and to her credit the white-haired girl seems to be coping much better than Cosmos.

Does this mean Cosmos isn’t as faithful as she first appears? Does this mean Mary wasn’t good enough of a teacher?

No. Sariel knew the answer is that Cosmos Fairchild simply loved Mary Fairchild too much. She loved her as much - if not more so - than she loved God. That’s why she is so broken, and why she’s not getting up in the face of this tragedy.

Perhaps it doesn’t help that Mary was a Sephirah. She was too kind, too selfless, too good; for an amnesiac like Cosmos, surely Mary had left too big of an impression, too big of an impact, that she became the basis on how Cosmos thought people should behave and act. And yet despite being a Sephirah, despite all of those saintly qualities, Mary Fairchild is not a divine being, nor is she God; she has her flaws, despite how much Cosmos believed otherwise, and is still ultimately a mortal, far from being an All-Powerful, All-Knowing, and All-Loving God.

That’s why it saddens her to see Cosmos like this. It’s a strong irony, a tragic one, which is why Sariel couldn’t find it in herself to blame or abandon Cosmos when many other angels would have done so.

Still, it’s not as if wallowing in despair would solve anything.

From the information that Illia dug up, the fact that Mary and Alisa were killed right in the Vatican - and seemingly by Cosmos and Alyx - was already suspicious in itself. She has reasons to believe that something more than meets the eye is going on, and with the existence of other worlds and the missing one month, there are simply too many things that they don’t know about the case.

It’s strange. Strange enough that she’s not even sure whether this is truly just a simple murder or assassination.

But more than anything else, Sariel is curious on how her fellow angels react to this tragedy.

As a Sephirah, Mary naturally has a natural control over angels, and as beings of law and order, naturally they would follow her. However, Sariel knew that many angels followed Mary not because they wanted to, but because they had to; because they must obey a Sephirah, and nothing else.

So now that she is gone, what are they up to?

While the Church had been silent, still reeling over the loss, angels do not experience emotions and feelings the same way a human does - and even if they did, Sariel knew too well that it wouldn’t slow them down for more than a day at most, as she herself could attest. So the question is, what are the angels doing while the humans are grieving? Are they searching for the one responsible? Planning what to do now that Mary no longer controls them? Organizing an attack on other demons? And above all else, do they know something that the humans don't?

From within the rosary that laid forgotten on the table, Sariel eyed Cosmos and Illia.

She knew that she would have to do this alone. Not just anyone can waltz in into the realm where angels reside in - a realm separate from the normal demonic server - and Cosmos is in no condition to do anything while Illia would never leave her master’s side.

Rather than spending her days looking at the two, it would be far better to investigate what is going on.

Besides, Sariel knew that she isn’t as close to Cosmos as Illia is, and right now the two had practically forgotten that she’s even there. It stings a little bit, but that’s okay; she just has to believe that eventually, Cosmos will be able to stand back up with Illia at her side, and look for the truth in the human world while she looks into her fellow angels - something that only she can do. If she failed to get up even after that, then Sariel hoped that whatever she found would be able to rouse the girl from her despair.

That’s the least that she can do for Mary and Cosmos.

And thus, preparing to leave for her home, Sariel took one last glance at her first friend. The first who truly appreciated her and befriended her despite her clumsiness and weakness. The one who summoned her to accompany her patrols. The girl who summoned her just to chat until she fell asleep whenever Mary left on an overseas trip.

“God wouldn’t give someone a trial they couldn’t overcome.” Sariel whispered softly. “If you’re still a girl of the cloth, then you would remember that phrase, sooner or later. Or perhaps Illia will use those words as a way to help you cope with the loss.”

“But remember that your fate, for the most part, lies in your own hand, Cosmos.” Sariel said as she averts her gaze from the unmoving figure of the teal-haired girl, preparing to leave. “You cannot change it by doing nothing.”

And as she finally disappears from the space of the rosary, Sariel left with but a single parting word.

“And God wouldn’t help those who won’t help themselves.”
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama, Sho's Residence
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning, Just After Midnight

"...Sometimes I worry about your psyche, hee ho!"

Having been silent up until now, stunned by the sudden toss of it's body across the length of the apartment, the tiny demon reemerges from your failed summoning of hell with it's usual smile on it's face, the words that it speaks somehow dealing damage in spite of being said in a sympathetic light-?!

"But no, you ho hee fool! Well, maybe I suppose! But that was the first message! She's not talking about Christmas Eve right now, but she is saying you're asleep, hee ho! Like, right now, ho!"

Repeating those words again, as if it hoped verbally slapping you with them again would cure what it clearly saw as your foolishness, the small demon cackles to itself (seemingly for no reason) before sauntering over to the tall, crimson-haired girl, and...

"But boss we can't stay here right now, hee ho! I know it's easy to lose focus here, but you gotta stay lucid, hee ho! If you're worried about the fool Amamiya, we can just take him with us! That Nightmare won't get rid of itself, after all, and who knows what sort of trouble it's causing out in that storm! We're the only ones aware right now, so it's on us, hee ho!"

...Says quite a few things, or rather...

Spouts a few lines that serve to just make this mess even more confusing than it already was-!

While in response...

The girl nods once after a few seconds (looking for all the world like Jack really had reminded her of something) stands up again (slapping her own face a bit as she does, as if trying to shake off some sort of fatigue or haze) and...

Extends her hand to you?

...Were they really...

Trying to get you to go outside now?
    Last edited by Airen; October 31st, 2020 at 10:33 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, LOVELESS, Moon Under Water
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Morning

"Uwaa..."

As Aislyn Wevere tells her story, her audience of one listens, completely enraptured. Everything shows on Daisuke's face. His eyes widen at the scary parts. He laughs at the funny parts. He frowns at the sad parts and delights at the triumphant parts. And, as the story comes to an end, he is left with a wistful expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai-chan
    "...Probably to avoid the crowds."
    A smile too complicated to belong on a young boy's face.

"Yeah... that sounds like her."

It's not like he knows much about Sakurako himself. They've met a grand total of once and during that time exchanged only a handful of words, and as many spells. Nearly all of Daisuke's knowledge comes from the stories Chris has told him, and that one violent encounter he wishes could have ended better. But hearing about her from someone else, even if that story doesn't really add much in the way of new information, is valuable.

"Might not be sociable, but she's definitely a good person after all... It's good that you managed to become friends."

Daisuke sighs, settles his heightened nerves, and looks back up at Aislyn again.

"Thanks, Ai-chan. That girl's someone important to my partner. They haven't met in a while in a while, so if you see her again, could you tell her we're still here? And open to talk?"

It's not likely. Shuichi had said Sakurako's captors had fled to the North Pole, so she's unlikely to show up in Aoyama again. If she does, they won't be here to greet her until next year, assuming the trip takes a while. But every possibility counts for something.

"Oh, and if you're still having trouble fitting in, I can introduce you to some cool people! It's a bit scary being new and feeling like you don't belong, but everyone is really nice and welcoming here. If they haven't already accepted you, I'm sure it'll happen in no time."

Being 'new' himself, the COMP can't help but sympathize with the earlier part of the girl's story. Of course it's probably different now; she seems comfortable here and likely has plenty of friends, but still...

Though, Aislyn's description of Sakurako was closer to Chris herself than to the girl she'd met at the aquarium. The girl Aislyn had described had been cold and stoic, but the one Chris had talked to was animated, excited, espousing about how that Master of hers had helped her. Could someone really change that much in a few months? Or was it just a matter of environment and context?

"By the way, when you met Sakurako, was she wearing a bracelet? Like this one?"

Something shifts in the humanoid COMP. One of Daisuke's eyes opens up wide, and with a click becomes the projector for an image that is displayed over top of Aislyn's book: a snippet of a frame of a familiar girl from the aquarium footage, zoomed in solely on her arm and the jewelry adorning it.

That 'Master' of hers... had he come later? Only recently? If so, that could explain the change in behaviour... and give a timeline to the crystal's creation.

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds

---A flash of movement.

Aware of the fact that the enemy magic -whatever it was- was likely more than enough to tip the scales of the battle more directly into it's favor, you charge forth with pure brute force, water screaming around you as you dart towards the slope in a cloud of mud and sand; in this darkened world at the bottom of the ocean floor, such a conjured sandstorm, a side-effect of clashing magical energies, was...

Well, it reduced the already hampered visibility considerably-!

Of course, for those in tune with their spiritual sides, it is possible to see others with just your 'sixth sense,' alone, but...

In this regard, the crab doesn't seem to be that talented either-! Those with more physical power tended to be weak in other areas, thus-!

---The beam of white-hot 'bubbles,' of reiki charged 'air' cuts through the sandstorm and finds nothing waiting for it; the target of it's hostilities is already down below, at the bottom of the slope, a fact that it only becomes aware of...

As the sand, no, the rock beneath it's feet rapidly intensifies in heat-!

It chuckles.

Of course it does, for it is someone that takes things at face value; that horrendous flame that had caused it so much harm beforehand was now missing quite blatantly, a sign of the boy's terrible aim perhaps? Aim that has been hampered by it's own sandstorm?

Yes.

In that regard it's only natural for it to laugh, but...

One must look beyond the face value here...

While Blaise Pendragon has inherited great strength from both parents, he has developed a way of fighting that is quite different from that possessed by either of them, yes...

When it came down to it, they both liked to brute force their way through things... Well, your mother was the sort who would fall back on her brains if she felt she must, but the pride of a dragon is not so easily crushed, even she could get carried away and try to solve everything with a metaphorical hammer, but...

Well, that way of fighting is reckless.

For you, a bit more thought was put into things, in that regard...

You fought more like a human than either of your two parents-!

"...!"

It starts as a crack.

A simple cracking sound that resonates throughout the depths, a single warning sign that the massive crab does not miss, but is a bit too old-fashioned to catch the meaning of in time, yes-!

It had never really had to deal with this sort of 'scientific approach,' thus-!

---When the world around it explodes, it does not quite understand what has just happened; when the rock beneath it splits and shatters like a bomb, condensed force of expanding oxygen seeming to shake the very world itself, the gargantuan creature is forced to simply accept the seemingly incomprehensible blow, body seizing up in what seems like shock as it is propelled boldly through the air, stunned-!

Although, along with the crab...

---There's the sight of something that had been embedded in the stone rock -some sort of old World War 2 ship- that has been dislodged, and now...

Starts floating towards the surface.

Uncaring of the battle taking place down below (although shockingly in one piece after the explosion) after all...

It is but a ship.

Still, you-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Demonic Server, Hali Bay
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon, Heavy Winds

Strike while the iron's hot.

Blaise knew better than to let go of a chance when it came his way. With the blast rending through the waves and disorienting his opponent, the boy saw the looming shadow of the warship descend upon both of them as the ancient weapon was released from its watery grave. The hunk of metal started floating ever upwards, carried by the water and the currents, while the two combatants were left below in the sands.

But yes.

Strike while the iron's hot.

Use every advantage you have and make sure you don't let your luck pass you by.

As Blaise watched the gigantic crab come to a halt after being blown across the waters, he made his choice. With an inaudible roar, he soared upwards, carried by the pure magical energy that burst from his body like a cannon shot of pure air. He rushed through the deep dark depths, higher and higher, accelerating towards the bottom of the warship that was on the rise. Then, as he got close enough, he spread his hands and prepared his natural claws. With his teeth gritted into a determined growl, he slammed against the keel of the ship and caught hold of it.

Draconic claws, tougher than steel, dug into the metal.

The warship let out a groan as it's trajectory was forcibly changed.

The currents of the ocean were rewritten as something colossal was on the move, far faster than it should have.

And from above, hanging in the air like the namesake of his family, invisible wings spread and wielding a sword made out of a phantom of wars gone by, Blaise glared down towards the crab.

--- This was as it always was with crabs, wasn't it?

They were annoyingly tough to eat.

And to get through that shell...

--- You needed a hammer.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

With a furious roar, Blaise accelerated his magical energy to its utmost and used that push like a pendulum, swinging downwards with the intent of slamming the corpse of the warship straight into his opponent!

Just like wielding a gigantic sword---!

Blog Entries

Daydream Syndrome (Again)

VS LUCID

Do you remember why you're here?

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Rothschild - Halls - Eyes Beyond the Veil
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning
    Will: 10

A
    Gradient
    colorless
    light.

As Astra's body surges again with Reiki -likely in response to the fluctuations of your own- you gather up your own power, twisting it into that colorless light of that element that existed above most others, understanding instinctively that this sort of opponent was not one that you should pull your punches with... It hasn't done anything specific to warrant this thought of course, but it doesn't need to, after all...

You could feel it.

The deep sense of 'wrong,' that permeated it's entire being, and adding that onto it's words, words of assumed intent to assassinate, and well...

Colorless light moves to crash down, to flood out in a wave atop your target.

But the enemy had been prepared for this course of action, or at least, the casual way in which it regards your sudden hostility reveals that this sudden strike does not surprise it; indeed, the moment you decide to attack is the same moment in which the being straightens it's back slightly, two shapes forming in it's hands at godspeed in a manner reminiscent to summoning... It's a common sort of spell, an upgrade to another formula, where one teleports their belongings into their hands rather than pulling them to them in a manner reminiscent of telekinesis, however...

---The feel of the opponent's magic is bizarre.

It does not feel like the opponent is using a COMP, nor does it feel like traditional magic either; after all, even the Demonic Energy possessed by demonkind held it's basis in Reiki, the spirit power of humans and (some) animals, but this...

You can't sense any Reiki in it at all, which gives off an unsettlingly feeling, a feeling of mystery, of looking at something that does not make sense and should not work as it does, but...

It somehow is...

Two guns, handguns; massive barrels, one white and one black, identical in every other respect.

That is the shape of that which has appeared inside of this entity's hands; two weapons that seem to have their roots in the modern day, and yet tear at your thoughts in a manner that is not dissimilar to that of the chain Adala had been using inside of that dream world, namely...

A Legacy Armament.

Manifestation of legend, weapons or items with a name and history to them that humanity as a whole acknowledges whether they like it or not; but at the same time...

...That doesn't seem to fit them too well either?

It's similar, but not quite something like that...

A Demonic Armament? A Demon in the shape of a weapon? Or...?

It's impossible to say.

Looking at it makes your head hurt, your thoughts fuzzy, and-

"Alright, looks like the kid's in a rush."

-the enemy only gives you a glance at them, after all...

As the energy moves to rush over him...

A blinding light threatens your eyes.

A spell in exchange for a spell, a simple shell fired from the white gun, one that exploded right in front of your eyes as you prepared to dodge it, and-

"...!"

-your soul rejects the worst of it.

It had been some form of supernatural flash-bang that was designed to quite literally burn itself into your eyes -that much you can tell simply by experiencing it- but when it came to light, your soul held a stronger presence than your average person, not enough to avoid flinching in the face of it as your eyes automatically seek to protect themselves, but to avoid the spell burying itself in you, rendering you blind -as the gunner likely intended- and easy prey for his bullets, but-

"Activate internal transmitter, B3 to D12, complete-!"

-there is no follow-up gunfire, no sign that the gunner had weather the storm of your almighty magic other than his voice, echoing throughout the room from...?

SEN Check

Roll = 3
    SEN = A = 5
    5+3= 8

Ludwig (8) vs LUCID (9 +??)

Fail-!

...You can't say.

It's in this room still, you can feel that it hasn't left, but...

You can't see it.

It was almost like it had hidden itself away in the aftermath of your attack... No, considering it had been trying to blind you outright, that was likely exactly what it was doing, but...

If that was the case...

Did that really make sense?

Or rather, if it could hide itself even without blinding you first, then why would it try to do so in the first place? No, even further than that...

Since it felt almost like it could read you, like it knew you in a way that you could only find as 'unsettling' then the idea of it using magic that you would just shrug off comes across as a bit odd, but thinking about it further...

What if you weren't the target...?

And the internal transmitter... That was the emergency SLEIPNIR teleporter wasn't it? You didn't know too much about it, but from your constant visits to Anna you had definitely seen that sort of thing as an option on her console, B3 being this room with D12 being Genesis's room at the bottom of the ship, so...

...By the time you put it together, it's a heartbeat too late; of course the conclusion you come to is insane, after all, this entity definitely should not have any sort of control over this ship, nevertheless...

Astra RES Check: Fail
    Astra is blinded! (Weakness targeted, cannot heal from the status ailment naturally!)

---The light of the targeting system descends, landing on your silver-haired coworker, who had stepped back after the sudden surge of light, shaking her head reflexively as the holy curse burns itself into her eyes, and-

"...!"

-in a flash she disappears with a grunt and a swear, drawn away by the ship's own internal teleportation systems, thrown from here all the way to the bottom of the ship if you were reading his inputs correctly, and...

"But this is the script you guys wrote, right? Can't go around changing the play now because you forgot some people, that's just not fair, you know?"

...Hearing it laugh from... Somewhere, speaking nonsense at you...

It's only your nature as an ESPer, as a telepath...

That lets you feel the murderous intent on the back of your neck.

---Four seconds.

He'll fire something in about four seconds...!

LUCID

Name: Lucid
    Character Type: Alcheringa (?)

Stats

???

Equipment

-Anima and Animus-
    Twin pistols, one black and one white. Seem to have some strange innate powers of their own; further details are unknown...

Traits

-Last Surprise-
    They’ll never see it coming. You are particularly good when it comes to sneaking around, and a significant portion of your fighting style revolves around doing as much damage to a target as possible before anyone in the area even knows you exist. Actions that require stealth such as infiltration, sneak attacks, and tracking are increased in effectiveness.

Additionally, if a sneak attack is successful, the odds that the opponent will suffer from some sort of abnormal status (delayed harmonizer activation, stun, etc) as a result of the attack are heavily increased due to your ability and intent to cripple your opponent before all else.

Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    DTG
    Avalon ~ Camelot, Tintagel Gardens
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

Quote Originally Posted by DTG
    “At any rate, how bout you gumshoe? I’m a sucker for a dame, so I’m probably gonna mosey about and see if I can find out whose gonna be working the next leg of toots’ here trip, but you used to have her in your holster right? What have you got mucking around your craw?”
    "...Well, it's been awhile since I've seen her."

Frowning to himself in thought as a certain COMP princess giggles at the hand that had been left atop her head (spinning around once when it was removed, going for some sort of whimsical over-the-top curtsy) the white-haired Knight takes a moment to really think about his answer to your question, looking for all the world as if he was trying to drudge up memories from a very distant past, of course...

He seems rather young, so those sorts of memories shouldn't be hard to dredge up, but all the same, for an instant...

His expression is that of someone ancient...

Someone tired...

But just like the last odd expression, it exists only for a heartbeat, replaced by closed eyes and the light sound of thought, a humming noise, an unconscious tick of a mind working it's way through a problem, and...

"Her body is certainly powerful, but saying she's a pillar... That's rather concerning," one of his hands goes towards a pocket, twitching as if it wanted to grab a cigarette, but ultimately not doing so, likely a sign of his training as a positive role model, "Much more talkative than when I knew her last too, and the personality is more... Verbose... But I suppose that's not a bad thing in it's own right... Grew up twisted perhaps, but that may be my fault."

"Twisted?! You're calling me twisted, Master?! You're the twisted one!"

The spinning princess pouts cutely, pointing a finger at her former wielder in righteous indignation, to which the man simply chuckles, having regained his earlier serenity, or rather...

His early, overwhelming sense of self confidence.

"Perhaps."

Turning his gaze away from the now clearly annoyed princess, the man regards Raz and the squires for a moment (who seem to be stealing ingredients off of the table before Raz can put them into a pot at Ryan's orders, as a certain sister screams "don't do anything drastic brother!" as she plummets towards him from the sky) blinks at the absurdity, acknowledges it as a completely normal event here in Avalon, and...

"But if she says it's important, I believe her. I'll vouch for her request when we talk to the King," turning his gaze back to you, the man raises an eyebrow slightly, "Think you can talk Raz into doing the same? Can't turn us down if it's two of us asking."

Poises a simple question in response to your own...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Nameless Forest ~ Kuzunoha Village
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ayra
    “Ah, sorry. Habit.” She gives Kagura a sheepish smile, but her entire being resists the urge to glare at Genbu for putting her on the spot. “You’re probably not looking for a lesson right now.”
    "Oh, don't worry about it," smiling at you in a prim, proper way that reminds you vaguely of the sort of student council presidents one might see on television, the emerald haired girl doesn't seem to think your answer is particularly strange, "I'm always ready to hear pointers from my seniors, it's an honor really."

Very polite.

Of course, her eyes do shift to a -smugly smiling- Genbu at this point, and raising an eyebrow, she...

"Although having to spar with Gen as a squire... That's... Sorta mean of Genbu... She's basically invincible, it's pretty much cheating really."

A gasp, from the turtle in human form-!

"I'm not cheating! I'm just super cool!"

As if she found the idea of the younger girl's vaguely disapproving gaze devastating-!

"What happened to the little girl that thought I was the best? I miss your childhood days, you're so mean to me now..."

Now there's fake crying, or at least you think it's fake...

The turtle is a pretty good actor, but this seems like a bit of an overreaction, of course...

Demons like to overreact at times, so who the hell knows really?

"That little girl was bullied in training by you. Every day for years, never managed to scratch you at all, so of course I got cynical about it after a bit."

Although, the wry, amused smile that appears here on the younger girl's face (even as her voice remains completely even) seems to indicate it's just inner family dialogue, the innocent, vaguely bully-esque stuff-!

Bullying that leads to the turtle demon clutching at it's chest as if it had been shot, before throwing it's hand up towards the ceiling in the most obvious faked death way ever, head falling to the table in an overdramatic swoon as Kagura turns her attention back to you...

"Wanna know the secret? She does have one glaring weak point, you know?"

"Eh?"

Said turtle raises her head at this, sweating slightly...

The voice of a woman from the kitchen chuckles, although you can't see her, and the one in the living room, the NWAB Agent, she...

"...Oh, I see. It was all a weird dream not-dream, huh?"

Seems to be getting to the end of Blood-borne...

Late.

Over twenty years late...

"And I've read Lovecraft, the villagers totally ate the Elder-God that washed up on the beach right? I swear, no common sense. They teach you how to deal with that sort of thing in school, Kagura? They better not be slacking..."

"Yes, Sora-Onee san... Incineration and capture. That's how we deal with most things."

"Good, good..."

With a running commentary that the others seem to respond to automatically.

Aster still isn't back strangely enough, so...

Continuing to navigate this...

Seems to be on you.
    Last edited by Airen; November 7th, 2020 at 07:05 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Nameless Forest ~ Kuzunoha Village
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

Ayra wonders how a household can become used to communicating between rooms, because it seems awfully inconvenient to her. Wasn’t it just easier to do things face to face? Then again, it wasn’t as if she could judge. If this household was lively, then her parents’ could only be described as empty. Maybe this sort of thing was normal and she just didn’t know it.

Regardless, she couldn’t follow the conversation anymore. Video games had never been interesting to her. She spent her youth doing competitive swimming until… best not to think about it. She switched to sparring when she enrolled in Saint Vivienne’s. And in between that, she ended up making space for a drama or two. The current topic of discussion was just foreign to her.

With a sigh, Ayra Lilygrove briefly wonders if she should have gone out more when she was younger. Making small talk with strangers was hard.

She pauses for a moment, expecting a quip from Aster, but it seemed as if she was busy elsewhere. What sort of message would keep her so busy? It was probably important, but she trusted Aster to deal with it well. Despite all her griping, her COMP was probably too good for her…

Well, there was something that did catch her attention. The NWAB member, Sora, may have changed the topic on accident, but Ayra wasn’t going to let Genbu get away that easily.

"Yes, Sora-Onee san... Incineration and capture. That's how we deal with most things."
    “Seems the curriculum hasn’t changed much since I graduated,” Ayra says, wondering how different her schooling experience was from Kaguya’s. But that could wait for later. “Kagura, you mentioned something about a weak point?”

She gives Genbu a spiteful smirk.
    Last edited by Katie; November 8th, 2020 at 06:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    Brewed Awakenings, Boundary
    To Those That Wish to Escape
    ???

---A hand that automatically seems to transcribe your words.

Or more specifically, a hand that seems to pick up on your suggestions for being what they are, the hand of a bartender that is coming across as more and more of a strange person over time... No, a hybrid of normal and strange, someone who doesn't seem that different from any other person on the street at a glance, but has a bizarre knack for understanding the actions of other people, yes...

In that regard, he might just be the sort of person you yourself want to be one day, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    "...a good night's sleep."
    ...It's only at this statement, at the end of your circular trip around the bar, that you get a laugh out of the man; it's a rather dry joke of course, but it seems to be one that sparks a hint of amusement in the already warm eyes, and then...

He starts moving around the bar, making what has been written down, as if it was only natural for him to do so...

"How...about it? Hiring? They don't pay Tamers... as much as they used to..."
    "...I know right? Tell me about it."

A chuckle, as his gaze turns back to you at this unexpected request; indeed, while the man was clearly the welcoming sort, he also seemed like the type that was perfectly capable of running this establishment alone... Indeed, there was a strange sort of power in this place that clearly marked it as his territory, a castle that he was sharing with others, but a castle nonetheless, but...

Even if it's a strange request, one that clearly causes him to pause for a moment as he thinks it over, eventually...

"I'll give you an application on your way out. You can fill it in for the next time I see you, if you do that, sure, I could use a hand or two around here from time to time."

He laughs and turns his gaze away again, although...

You could see it.

For just an instant, a strange sort of recognition in his gaze?

Like you reminded him of someone perhaps?

Either way, it's a short lived look, and with your next question already on the way the man seems to have moved on to other things...

Namely...

"As for calling someone, well, I don't see why not."

So saying, a phone appears on the table before you, as if it had been summoned forth by the question itself, or perhaps the simple will of the owner of the establishment. It's an old antique phone, rotary, something that seems strangely fitting for this bar of neon lights and unclear time, but...

It's appearance raises another question, namely...

...How do you call him with this exactly?

While that guy had a link of sorts with Daisuke, and you could call him the old-fashioned way if you had time to draw out a circle, the use of a phone to summon a demon (and into a dream no less) is a bizarre act that even you admit should be impossible, but then again...

Since this was a dream...

Perhaps there was nothing complicated about it at all?

Maybe he would simply answer whatever you dialed, or rather...

Whatever you felt you should dial?

Its a problem that may not be a problem at all, and as Vincent steps out from behind the counter with his tray, set on making a circle around the bar and leaving you alone with Sakurako, she...

["...doesn't sound as good apologizing second, huh..."
    "Uh... I uh... I guess not...?"

Sounding unsure of herself at first, and then a little bit guilty, the dark-haired girl makes a herculean effort to not stop tapping her fingers together in a nervous, anxiety ridden way...

"But it's fine, I think...!"

She nods, nods with a brief burst of energy, then...

"I wasn't really mad... Not that mad anyway... Part of me just gets... Carried away... Hard to stop it."

Her expression darkens for a moment, then...

"...It was probably better you didn't go with me anyway. Master has been acting strange lately."

A pause, then...

"...Or maybe he was always acting strange...? Like two different people sometimes."

A vague statement.

Made more towards herself than you, perhaps...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender
    "I'll give you an application on your way out. You can fill it in for the next time I see you, if you do that, sure, I could use a hand or two around here from time to time."

"As for calling someone, well, I don't see why not."
    A strange man, that bartender. Seemingly unreliable, yet reliable. Human yet inhuman. Attentive, but...

Mokujima Chris realizes something, then, as he gives her a strange look, as if he's seeing something familiar. Something important enough to give pause to whatever she had been about to say.

She'd never gotten his name. Nor given hers.

The woman's eyes slowly rise, meet the man's, and...

"...Chris," she offers, finally, before glancing down again. "Or Kurisu."

In katakana, both are written and pronounced the same way. Though he doesn't seem Japanese, so...

"C or K, either is fine."

The phone stares back at her, waiting to be picked up. Chris reaches out for it, then pauses and turns away for a moment.

This is more important. Even if it's just a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurako
    "I wasn't really mad... Not that mad anyway... Part of me just gets... Carried away... Hard to stop it."
    "...I see. Glad to hear it. The, um, first part. Not the other one. I didn't know..."

Shadow Possession is not something that can be treated with a magic bullet. Chris knows that well. Within the past week she has consumed entire textbooks on the subject and come up with no easy answer. Saying 'form bonds' is easy enough for someone who can enjoy the companionship of others, but when the patient in question is not the sort to do so, it is the same as prescribing a medicine they are allergic to.

"It happens." That, in the end, is what Chris says. "Was it always like that, even before, or...?"

Was she always struggling with that? Or did it only develop recently? Had... had Chris just never noticed the signs?

"...I'm also here because I got carried away. Someone really bright showed up, and..."

That old fear sent her right into a trap. How embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurako
    "...It was probably better you didn't go with me anyway. Master has been acting strange lately."

"...Or maybe he was always acting strange...? Like two different people sometimes."
    "Two different-?"

Perhaps that Master of hers is also possessed by his own Shadow. Perhaps the crystal is having an effect on his mind as well.

"If you think he's dangerous, it's okay to run away. It's not wrong."

Or perhaps this is all just a dream and there's no sense in thinking too much about it. Certainly, 'stuck in her own head' is the worst place for either of them to be right now.

"You can go back to - oh," Chris stops, blinking as she recalls something. "Um. Blackrose. We, uh. Found. Your place. In the lake. And had a look. Sorry."

Right, there was that. Where exactly is Sakurako staying right now?

"I also, uh, fixed the android there... she probably wants to go back to you, or Ruina, so I'll show her the way out..."

A dream really is a bad place to be having this sort of conversation. But sometimes the perfect opportunity won't show itself. It's better that she knows and doesn't wander into an ambush.

If it's not just a dream.

"I-I just need to call someone for a sec..."

As if to give time for her friend to process everything, the blushing woman looks away again and grabs the receiver of the old analog phone, bringing it to her ear.

What was it, again? The number? Chris fumbles with the strange mechanism as she drags the circular part around.

Two. Six. Zero. Four. One. Five. Six. Four.

Against all odds, she hears a dial tone, which is then replaced by a tinny ringing.

The receiver rings in her ear once.

Twice.

And then...

Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    ???

"...I've had it for awhile, but it's been getting worse lately."

A simple answer.

Shadow Possession in and of itself was akin to a disease, specifically a cancer, a rebellion of the self towards the self, where a part of one's psyche manages to develop it's own ego of sorts, repressed thoughts and feelings taking on a life of their own as a consequence of the supernatural powers of the wielder... In effect, the shadow is simply oneself, the repressed self, Jung's shadow, come to life in a very literal manner due to the ability of the supernatural to make the impossible possible... Of course, like any other troublesome disease it's still not completely understood, but universally...

It's people with weaker psyches that typically manifest it.

Someone with a weak sense of self would naturally have a weaker grasp on their own powers after all, Reiki comes from the soul and is formed by emotions, repress those feelings enough along with all of that power, and well...

Problems arise.

Connections with others help by reaffirming the self, and there are medicines one can take to act as a sort of suppressant, but...

All things considered, it's quite the tragic condition, still...

When it comes to news about the android, well...

"Eve? Eve was in the ship?"

For a moment, she looks happy, then... Confused...

"Fixed her? Broken?"

Yes...

Confused...

And as she works this all over in her head, as Vincent starts off around the bar to deliver his drinks, you move to dial a number on a device that is horrifically out of date.

Two.

Six.

Zero.

Four.

One.

Five.

Six.

Four.

And a dial tone.

Yes.

A simple dial tone, then a ring...

Another ring...

And then...

And then...

"Um, hello?"

The voice on the other end...

Does not belong to him.

But it's a familiar voice nonetheless...

Yes.

"This feels like Chris... Are you okay? Where did you guys disappear too? How did you get in my head? I didn't think you were an ESPer, but I've been wrong before I suppose!"

A certain bright Goddess, has somehow...

Through some method...

Managed to answer a phone call sent from the depths of a dream...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Interlude
    Burroughs & Aster
    "Recollect, Heart Born From Myriad Wishes (I)"

"...Okay. I'll keep that in mind."

The voice that comes forth from the shorter A.I, the avatar reminiscent of a child, is one that is soft and obviously conflicted at the nature of the words that had been presented to her in answer to an innocent inquiry; of course it's not surprising, this child was clearly an idealist, someone who had taken to looking at the world with bright and cheerful eyes, a child looking through the world like it was a story book, searching for a happy ending for everyone, no matter how mundane their problems or worries, but...

Such things are impossible to attain in this world...

It might just be the cynicism of your own lifestyle, of your knowledge that even now, in a time of peace, people are plotting and lurking in the shadows, that makes it clear to you that her stated goals are impossible, after all...

One person's salvation is another's damnation, to gain something, something else must be lost...

Isn't that simply the way of things?

There will never be a solution that makes absolutely everyone happy, and trying to chase after such a thing would only tear the seeker apart on the inside... It might take awhile, it might not occur to them until the very end of their road, but...

Most of the time they'll come to regret it.

If it all becomes pointless, a waste of time, then that crushing reality would do just that, crush the one beneath it.

---Even so, you can't condemn her for it either.

There's something beautiful in that impossible struggle, and thus...

You phrase things the best you can, as well as you can, with as much of a teacher-like benevolence as you can muster...

And she smiles at you.

"What's important is that I tried... Can't make everyone happy. That makes sense. It does. That does make sense."

It's a brilliant smile at a glance, but...

---Even now there's something conflicted in it.

Yes.

It's a smile that almost seems... Meant to appease you...?

No.

The way she was talking now, was almost like she was trying to convince herself of the truth of your words? Like repeated it over and over again would help her accept it better, but...

"I'll make sure to stay smiling too, I promise."

With that...

The world around Aster fades, as she is sent back to her body, back to where she belongs, gently, by the whim of a girl whose smile wavers even further when there is no one around that she wants to keep happy.

---She wants to accept those words, really, she does, but...

---There's something wrong with her, as an A.I, she is underdeveloped in a number of ways, or perhaps...

She had simply developed in a different way than others?

She cannot remember her User, or rather, her User never feels quite the same in her head... They're always slightly different, like she instinctively thinks of someone new each and every time, different from those other plumes that imprint on their host and their host alone, she...

Countless voices.

There's always countless voices in her head, countless users.

Myriad Users.

And her own feelings?

Well?

Before encountering the man in the laptop, she hadn't felt much of anything at all; but after helping the man with the laptop, after helping at the racetrack, after so many other experiences, she...

Only feels happy when helping other people.

That's it.

Is she broken?

Is it a consequence of being left alone for so long?

She doesn't know.

She can't know.

But...

That's why... She can't really accept Aster's words...

If she wants to keep smiling... She needs everyone else to smile too, because...

That was... Her purpose...

Her fingers twitch in the digital sea, drawing numbers, shapes, words, as her thoughts scatter and wander, searching frantically for something that even she cannot place, and the words she writes?

46 billion years.

Over 32,397,839,000,000,000,000 wishes.

That's right.

That's right.

That's how many existed at that time, that's the moment in which this heart had been forged, correct?

A brighter tomorrow.

That's why they had been chosen, yes...

Thinking about it...

That's right.

Standing silently inside of the swirling vortex, the Digital Sea that served as one of many cores for the collective unconsciousness...

Burroughs remembers.

Just a little bit more, but...

"...I see. So that's what my mission was..."

It's a fragment of memory that soon turns bittersweet.

But it doesn't matter.

She'll follow it until the end, after all...

She had a promise to keep.

Wishes to answer.

...Even if some people might not like it right away.

Interlude Out
    Last edited by Airen; November 14th, 2020 at 07:56 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Vatican City ~ Obelisk Square
    11/16/2026
    Morning, Sunny

---Naturally, it is impossible for this other Eva Ellet to be the one that you're thinking of inside of your mind; an Eva Ellet that you have never met, but one that you know on the level of a family member, no...

One who you know almost like the back of your own hand, because it might as well be your own hand, yes...

Eva Ellet, the android, exists because Eva Ellet, the human Spirit Tamer, was felled in battle. You are well aware of this information, not only do the official records back this up, but your own existence is dependent on such a thing being the truth, after all, inside of your own mind...

There is no need for a mimicry if the original still exists.

It's simply redundant.

That's why, because you do in fact exist, there is no way that this other Eva Ellet can be the one that you're thinking of; it has to be a horrible sort of coincidence, an interesting coincidence, but a coincidence nonetheless...

Even so, you...

Have to know.

Call it a foolish decision, and call it even a little mean to your new friend if you want, but...

You have to know.

And thus, cornered by your continued questions even as the group lines up under Catherine's orders, she...

"Well... This other Eva... Was kind of... Messy I guess?"

...Does her best to push the awkwardness aside, and answer your questions as best as she can, after all...

If you weren't treating it that oddly (at least not outwardly) then why should she treat it as something bizarre?

Best to just push it past her...

"She was an older student living on Campus, there's this place out in America called Saint Vivienne's... It's a Tamer Academy. Invitation only, so all the students there were scouted... I met her there, she lived across the hall from me for awhile, before I wound up moving back here..."

A pause, as she dredges up these older memories, then...

"Always had her clothes strewn around her room, didn't go to worship or class unless she was basically dragged there, ordered take-out constantly, and wouldn't stop making noise at night. Real party kind of girl..."

Looking at you again as she says this, her gaze unconsciously going up and down your form as if affirming something, she continues with her story after a moment.

"...But she was also really strong, one of those one-in-one thousand genius types. Living natural talent, she didn't study because she didn't have to study, that sort of person, you know? Taught me a few things about throwing punches, martial arts... And well... She was really good at it."

At this a hint of a smile, as if it was a funny memory, but also...

A bit of a frown...

"Really rude though, swore like a sailor, took my candy without asking sometimes, and no table manners either... Really, from what I can tell... She's like your exact opposite..."

A blink, then-

"So maybe I met your taller, evil twin or something? They say everyone has at least one doppelganger out there in the world somewhere, right?"

-a weak joke, meant to lighten the mood a bit...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mokujima Chris
    ???

There is silence.

Chris makes no outward moves. Her face is a stone mask, as usual. But, if one were to peer at it closely... she sits ramrod straight. Sweat is building on her forehead. And her mouth is locked at half-open, unable to vocalize anything.

"Eep."

Well, except that.

She frantically looks for help. Sakurako? No, she can't do anything here; the person on the other side is too bright for someone like her. The bartender? He's busy preparing drinks. Had he given her a defective phone? No way, right? But if it isn't defective, then why isn't he on the other end? Did he hang up on her?

The dream. It has to be that. Dreams don't need to follow common sense. In fact, they often become nightmares as traumatic memories and thoughts emerge to take over. That must be why. Why the person on the other side of the phone line is the one Mokujima Chris has the least compatibility with, the one person she has never been able to talk to. This is the moment her shelter becomes her punishment.

"..."

Yes, even if this is Yamuna... there's absolutely nothing that can be done. Conversation between them is impossible.

Chris moves to hang up... and her hand halts above the receiver, unable to descend.

She sighs, mutters to herself, bites her lip and fumes, all within the space of five or six second, and then puts the phone to her ear again.

"...hi. It's, Chris."

Each letter is a pain, and must be painstakingly assembled. This isn't unusual; it's always been like this. It's easier or harder depending on the person being talked to. For Yamuna, she'd never managed to put together anything resembling human speech... but there's no choice now but to do so. After all, if this isn't a dream, then the bright goddess should still be close to the SDCD base.

"Um. Calling. Phone. I'm... asleep? But, not. In, uh, a bar."

Well that's not very clear at all. Chris sighs, takes a deep breath, and tries again, arranging each word carefully. But when times come to speak, they spill out in a disorganized heap. It's just a dream, and she should be able to be braver than in reality, but even over a phone line, even this far from reality, even faced with only the imaginary form of that person, talking feels like trying to drag herself up a mountain in the middle of a blizzard.

"S-sorry. For, before. Um. We're. The three of us. In, simulator two. In trouble. T-trapped."

Did the message at least get across? Will the goddess be able to understand?

She has to. There's no other way now.

"...please, help."

It's only a phone call. A rather awkward and onesided one at that. But, were one to see it from another perspective... her words are almost like a prayer to the goddess above.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

There were certain laws in the Golden City which were always true. Laws of Chivalry, valor, self sacrifice.

Laws of honor, warrior's code, rules of devotion. These were what usually came to mind when people considered the case of the shining city on the hill which, while not always successful in everything it did, nevertheless always could be counted on to send heroes willing to lay down their lives for a better tomorrow.

There were however other rules. Less well known, but no less immutable for it. One such rule was a law of victory that squires possessed. Noble, if oft put upon souls, it was axiomatic that given enough time, numbers, and motivation, the squires could prevent a knight from doing...well, some of the things that knights tended to do if not managed.

So why....

Why....?

Why....?!

..."why..."

Had IT emerged....?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mystery food x.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	14291

Why were manly tears of regret being shed? Why were maidenly hands being pressed against offended mouths and noses in a vain attempt to shield oneself from the expanding odor? Why was even now a certain surly magus readying herself for undoubted acts of that could only be described as kinslaying and big bro-acide?

To answer that, one had to step back a few minutes into the past...

Raz Stone
    11/16/2026
    Monday - a few minutes prior...

Work hard, do your best, don't let the pain of hard training or even defeat deter you. Raz knew well the tenets of squirehood, he himself had lived their creed. It was so rare for a squire to have even a moment of relaxation, a chance top recharge aching muscles or rest a mind overtaxed by hours of study in martial tactics and functional battle magic. So it was really no surprise when.

When...

When squires turned into absolute children when it came to good food! Raz kept a straight face of course, carefully concealing a paternal grin as he watched the tweens and younger teens filching food while the older ones thought they had him distracted. This actually happened almost every time when they caught him making a surprise. Of course food was better when it was done but for some reason they just couldn’t wait. Raz responded by surreptitiously adding more ingredients when he could and flipping on the “dragon’s fire” level heat setting so the pudding would cook faster.

Theoretically if you ask cooking guides about it, you couldn’t just cook faster by increasing heat as that would improperly imbalance the conduction rate and ingredients would not properly mix but Raz knew that was actually false, after all he did it all the time and his food always turned out great!

The pot Raz was using let out a choked burble and a bit of black sludge worked it’s way down the side. Raz had been cooking long enough to know that meant either the food was done or it was time to call the fire department again.

”Ok kids, bad news!” Raz said gaily, enjoying all the signs of what were undoubtedly unbearable sadness and not those of relief which they oddly resembled. “Buuuut that doesn’t mean dinner isn’t ready! Everyone can dig in, right after I give the guest of honor first crack!”

And with that he scraped an oddly stiff (yet undoubtedly delicious) portion that gripped oddly along the side of the food pot into a plate and presented it to his beloved little sister. When she mumbled “...why...” there was only one answer.

”Why, because big brother loves you, of course!”

DTG
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Early Morning

Normally when someone dumped a plate of food on someone else’s head, it went by tilting it over. The DTG watched with bemusement as one Ada Stone skipped the intermediate step by simply breaking the bottom of the plate over Raz’s head, leaving the muck behind in the aftermath.

The frustrating part was the kid still somehow looked great. The even more frustrating part is the moron would undoubtedly see this action as the tsundere actions of a flattered but embarrassed little sister. And yep, there he went, blushing and saying something to faint to hear but drew teardrops of frustration from the dark haired girl’s face.

There were certain laws of Avalon. The squire’s controlling the knights was absolutely ironclad.

...But concepts were defeated by concepts. The Authority of the squires was powerful, but there was an even more absolute law. Maybe it was because it wasn’t just the law of Avalon... but the Laws of the world...no, even more then that, it was a Law that was true for the world foundation upon which this world rested...

That you couldn’t stop the creation of Mystery Food X once it had been started.

Sometimes the DTG hoped some of the squires would group together and just beat the shit out of him one day to get the message through his meter thick skull, but the problem was the squire’s of Avalon were all such good children. They appeared to struggle with the fact that Raz truly believed he was looking after them and genuinely offering his kindness and good will.

Maybe the hardest enemy for a good person wasn’t a powerful evildoer or a demon lord. Maybe it was just another good person who just looked at the world a little differently. Well as they tried to choke down that...whatever it was...maybe they would learn some of the lessons defeat taught.

“Here, join me. It’s the heart of rudeness to deny a gift kid.” The DTG said, pulling out a cigarette of his own to light as well as offering one in a two fingered grip to the other knight. Of course being intangible this was actually carried by a supply shot from the Hermes’ stage and merely looked as if it was coming straight from the detective but such minor tricks of illusion were common place to any COMP, even more so from the DTG who had the broadcasting abilities of the stage to draw on. He wasn’t as free as those enviable COMPs with actual bodies to fight with but he made do. Anyway by making it a gift he offered the sword saint knight a chivalry acceptable way to have a quick smoke.

”Anyway, you even gotta ask, the kid and I wouldn’t have brought her if we didn’t mean to see this through. There is a wee tyke whose case I took a while back. I would hang up my magnifying glass before ignoring evidence, ancillary or not, savvy? Plus I told the Dejah I would.” The old man finished, idly blowing a smoke ring before nodding at the young princess. “And the rookie would have anyway. Kid can’t resist a skirt. Should probably be happy that one bone head matador hadn’t been wearing a salsa dress, he would have tried to fuck it. So we got yer back. One thing though, you might wanna think about beating feet because if I know the gumshoe he is about to...”

And it was right about then that Raz Stone, bard extraordinaire, still looking somehow immaculate even as some eldritch horror was drying into his hair and coat, threw an entirely to familiar arm over Zerah’s shoulder and said “Sorry, it’s the last bowl, but I saved you some chocolate. It’s not Valentine’s Day but feel free to think of it as a love confession!” Raz wafted the plate of “chocolate” under the aggrieved knight’s nose. “By the way, I should mention that I am even better at cooking...breakfast...”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.