Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twitter Syndrome

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I always chalked it up to everyone just growing up and lacking time. I've definitely seen it happen with people where, they used to write a lot, but don't anymore.

But on the other hand, looking at myself... I'm actually busier than most people I know, but I still do all the stuff I'm saying people don't have time for anymore... so, I don't know.

Maybe I just type faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I beg to differ. I make all those thirty-Tweet-long chains for you from my phone, and this is how I'm repaid.
    Wow, fine, I'll send you tweets of pictures of my new D&D bookshelf. Also a deep analysis of the conifers in the Neverwinter Wood.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It's probably not just a matter of time, but also a matter of interest.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purple_teardrops View Post
    More irony given this OP's size, but why do all current conversations on the internet feel as though they're too... Short?
    Extrapolating further, what's your opinion on why a long post has become a total exception, not to mention a nearly non-occurrance? Feels a bit like sephia-colored skies... I think i've seen about one such happening for each decade of life.
    With regards to you and your posting, its because you post esoteric, roleplaying faux-deep semi-philosophical bullshit essayposts that people would rather observe than engage in.

Please keep it up. This is the most fun I've had on BL outside of dedicated fanfic and RP threads in actual years.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Why tell someone in 500 words what I can say in 30?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

Well, it depends. 30 words to get your point across is good, but it has a different amount of satisfaction compared to 500 words breaking it down in more depth. You can't say the same thing with the same amount of thoroughness, like if you were breaking down what's good about an RP.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I definitely don't bother typing anything long on phone, it's just not feasible.
    I wrote my graduate thesis on my phone at a bar because every time I tried to write at my computer in my room or a cafe or the library I got writer’s block and just ended up staring at a blank page for hours

- - - Updated - - -

I think the constrained viewpoint of a phone screen helped mute the dread that I wouldn’t finish on time by obscuring how much I hadn’t done yet so I could just focus on the specific portion I was writing at the moment

Blog Entries
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

Well, it depends. 30 words to get your point across is good, but it has a different amount of satisfaction compared to 500 words breaking it down in more depth. You can't say the same thing with the same amount of thoroughness, like if you were breaking down what's good about an RP.
    Yeah but often times someone hands me an essay and at the end of the day nothing was communicated. Sure they might have had the same problem handing me two sentences, but then at least they only wasted a few seconds of my life.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Yeah but often times someone hands me an essay and at the end of the day nothing was communicated. Sure they might have had the same problem handing me two sentences, but then at least they only wasted a few seconds of my life.
    me reading this cpa text book

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I wrote my graduate thesis on my phone at a bar [...]
    What, really? That's incredible.