• Housewife Emiya-kun

66 51.56%
  • Dead-fish-eyed Kerry-san

6 4.69%
  • Straight-faced Hakuno

19 14.84%
  • "Cardboard" Sieg

8 6.25%
  • Ayaka (or someone else from SF cuz Narita)

8 6.25%
  • Gacha Slave Guda

10 7.81%
  • Other

11 8.59%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Fate MC

死者 Corpse
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Huh I can see that Shirou is easily the most liked protagonist in the community, but most of non fans hated him. I guess it's because the anime didn't portray his character very well. Since fsn focuses on character's inner conflict. And anime watchers can't really understand him

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shirou is still my favorite protag and overal one of my favorite characters in general. Probs because i can really understand his desire to help everyone around him, maybe even to a worrying degree.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    The anime also obscures one of Shirou's most compelling qualities - his wit. Outwardly, Shirou acts like a complete doofus most of the time, so it is understandable that many people find him unlikable.

When you have access to his inner thoughts, though, you realize that he is actually quite intelligent - just not eloquent. He does not get too many chances to show that intelligence in the anime, sadly.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    It's surprising that more people vote to cardboard than Kiri
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Is it? Is it really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Is it? Is it really?

Sadly not. Generic-LN-protagonist-syndrome is generic for a reason after all; people like it.

The people are stupid and need to be reeducated

Forcibly, if need be
    Last edited by Benderesco; April 5th, 2020 at 12:05 AM.

>they think he doesn't mean that $playername is the better character

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    It always seemed to me that the Magus Killer fans are more prevalent in the "anime community" overall rather than in the Type-Moon crowd specifically; I guess the results affirm this observation.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; April 4th, 2020 at 11:45 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I honestly voted Guda because of the Learning with FGO manga. That stuff's hilarious.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    ^I personally cant stand it. Unfunny already when conceived, its the joke that got dragged way past its expire date to an obnoxious degree, and comes with an extremely toxic message to boot.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    NP skip
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    The anime also obscures one of Shirou's most compelling qualities - his wit. Outwardly, Shirou acts like a complete doofus most of the time, so it is understandable that many people find him unlikable.

When you have access to his inner thoughts, though, you realize that he is actually quite intelligent - just not eloquent. He does not get too many chances to show that intelligence in the anime, sadly.
    Lancer outright said that Shirou is a quick thinker based on his actions in UBW 2014 and even HF, something that the 2006 adaptation overlooked. UBW 2014 had shown Shirou to get something that he can strengthen and even used the poster as a shield. The ufotable adaptation of HF also had shown Shirou how he connects the dots of those incidents that happened with the Shadow. He even knows from the moment that he saw Sakura getting limp and dress soaked in blood one night that she is that monster and that he just denies it.

Those scenes got the "intelligent, not eloquent" part down pat.

As for protags, I would have to go with Guda. Since he is not trying to be a protagonist, but rather a spectator. He did not even ask to be put in that place in the first place.

And now that he is the designated villain, they only wanted their world back as their goal. He doesn't want anyone's world to end like their world did.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    It always seemed to me that the Magus Killer fans are more prevalent in the "anime community" overall rather than in the Type-Moon crowd specifically; I guess the results affirm this observation.
    Honestly I think Kerry is misinterpreted by a lot of anime fans. They see the trench coat, the smoking, the guns and they immediately assume he's the manly man western action hero who's a badass and so on. But honestly I think they miss the part where he's a literal manchild who puts everything on the line for something that isn't guaranteed to work. How is Shirou called a moron but Kerry never gets shit for his idiotic actions?

Frankly I also blame Zero a little. If Kiritsugu was the only "protagonist" (because let's be honest, Waver and Kirei share the spot) then Zero would be kinda boring. It's frustrating to see Kerry never actually talk to Saber (you know, like giving your "tool" indications on what you want it to do?) or the way he's dead inside the entire time.

I gotta say I'm very surprised that Hakuno and Sieg got more votes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    ^I personally cant stand it. Unfunny already when conceived, its the joke that got dragged way past its expire date to an obnoxious degree, and comes with an extremely toxic message to boot.
    Oh, you mean the "haha, Gudako curayzee, she Beast 7, why anime use lame Gudao? Gudako chad obsessed gacha freak, lawls!1!" shit? Good lord it got old fast.

- - - Updated - - -

As for protags, I would have to go with Guda. Since he is not trying to be a protagonist, but rather a spectator. He did not even ask to be put in that place in the first place.

I like Guda in the game but not in any of the anime tbh. Maybe it's the voicework but he feels... not as fun as game Guda? Although it pissed me off how he didn't even know Strengthening magic in LB1 after god knows how long he's been involved. Kadoc was right to be pissed.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Oh, you mean the "haha, Gudako curayzee, she Beast 7, why anime use lame Gudao? Gudako chad obsessed gacha freak, lawls!1!" shit? Good lord it got old fast.
    i dont vibe with the normalization of gambling addiction and scummy exploitative practices that the manga strives for. Haha we're all gacha addicted haha le salt face my fellow fate grand orderians haha.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    tfw polygon was right
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    You know, I just now realized it but... why did Kiritsugu get so few votes? Even "Other" got more votes than Kerry did. Are there really not many Kerry fans on BeastLair? Because that makes me happy tbh.

Kiritsugu is the dude who slept with another woman to prepare *himself* for his wife's death. Thought about blowing up an old couple's house to take out Waver. Blew up a goddamn building (but hey, absolutely no one died, not even by accident, definitely not the plot trying to keep Kerry's hands clean) and is an all-around hypocrite.

"Saber, idealists are why wars and suffering exist in this world. That thing you call chivalry is disgusting." The same dude who killed a cripple and his fiance after tricking him into submission, because he wanted to win a contest that would grant him the wish to save humanity... Idealist... Suffering... Kerry needs a mirror.

Dude wouldn't even give his "tool/servant" orders. Zero already changed shit, so there was no need to be accurate with Saber and Kerry not talking as it was mentioned in FSN.

Damn manchild. At least the other protagonists have the excuse of being kids. This dude is a grown ass 30 year old.

Kiritsugu is a broken man. He is an interesting character, but certainly not a likable one.

He is "badass", though, which is why I imagine he has a following. As in, people who actually admire him, instead of just finding his character well-made. Certain subsects of the anime fandom are not known for their... er... complex tastes. Yeah, let's go with that.

Hell, you've got people defending F/SN's Gilgamesh as a good guy. You know, the murderous rapist? Yeah. It's understandable if they have only been exposed to his retconned version, but I vividy remember all the Gil/Saber shipping that existed even before Fate/Zero.

Thankfully, as you said, BL seems to be much better about this than the rest of the fandom, at least nowadays.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    But Kerry smokes, and has guns, and a trench-coat! How can you not understand how 'Deep' and 'Mature' a character he is?!?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries