• Housewife Emiya-kun

66 51.56%
  • Dead-fish-eyed Kerry-san

6 4.69%
  • Straight-faced Hakuno

19 14.84%
  • "Cardboard" Sieg

8 6.25%
  • Ayaka (or someone else from SF cuz Narita)

8 6.25%
  • Gacha Slave Guda

10 7.81%
  • Other

11 8.59%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Fate MC

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    How do you feel about Fujimaru as presented in the game? Are they undercharacterized in the FGO mobage?
    They are undercharacterized, which is a huge problem, but the bigger problem for me is that most of their characterization crumbles in Lostbelt are a shallower and less self-aware repeat of Hakuno's characterization.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Servant universe is just dumb and not even funny.
    I'm sorry but random monsters and Servants being incoming meteors is fucking hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    They are undercharacterized, which is a huge problem, but the bigger problem for me is that most of their characterization crumbles in Lostbelt are a shallower and less self-aware repeat of Hakuno's characterization.
    And people will still tell you he has a character because random lines like him thinking Elizabeth is annoying...

Here's the deal, Guda fucking sucks. I honestly wish each manga/anime gave them a different personality, name and characterization the way Persona does to its characters. That way everyone is happy. Like Gudako from Shimousa manga? Good, that's your protagonist then. You like Gudao from Agartha? Go ahead, that's yours.

Instead we have to deal with "Fujimaru Ritsuka" which is honestly such a lame name, and his blandness that makes Kirito look like a great character. Fucking hell, Hakuno was so much better because he had a reason to be blank. Why not have the protagonist be a "designer baby" or whatever like Mash is? Or have him have amnesia or some other lame shit that exuses his lame-ness.

He's bland, he sucks, even some of the animators who worked on the babylonia anime think so. It's even worse when people on reddit suck his dick because of how great he is ("he", totally not them, the people who play the game...) when everything he does is artificial as fuck. Lostbelt 1 tried to hype him up but honestly he's worse than Shirou because he has no reason to throw himself in dangerous situations. Why the fuck is he on Avicebron's Golem? The fucker can't even use strengthening magic. What good is he up there beside screaming like an idiot and potentially fucking everything up and dying?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    because he has no reason to throw himself in dangerous situations. Why the fuck is he on Avicebron's Golem? The fucker can't even use strengthening magic. What good is he up there beside screaming like an idiot and potentially fucking everything up and dying?
    Saving the world by doing what's necessary

providing fine control as even Avicebron had to ride GKM in Apoc
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Also, he's the representative of "proper" history. Just staying back and letting the materialised remnants of dead people take care of everything isn't how these things are done.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    And people will still tell you he has a character because random lines like him thinking Elizabeth is annoying...

Here's the deal, Guda fucking sucks. I honestly wish each manga/anime gave them a different personality, name and characterization the way Persona does to its characters. That way everyone is happy. Like Gudako from Shimousa manga? Good, that's your protagonist then. You like Gudao from Agartha? Go ahead, that's yours.

Instead we have to deal with "Fujimaru Ritsuka" which is honestly such a lame name, and his blandness that makes Kirito look like a great character. Fucking hell, Hakuno was so much better because he had a reason to be blank. Why not have the protagonist be a "designer baby" or whatever like Mash is? Or have him have amnesia or some other lame shit that exuses his lame-ness.

He's bland, he sucks, even some of the animators who worked on the babylonia anime think so. It's even worse when people on reddit suck his dick because of how great he is ("he", totally not them, the people who play the game...) when everything he does is artificial as fuck. Lostbelt 1 tried to hype him up but honestly he's worse than Shirou because he has no reason to throw himself in dangerous situations. Why the fuck is he on Avicebron's Golem? The fucker can't even use strengthening magic. What good is he up there beside screaming like an idiot and potentially fucking everything up and dying?
    I like everything about this post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    How do you feel about Fujimaru as presented in the game? Are they undercharacterized in the FGO mobage?
    There's nothing to undercharacterize. "Ritsuka" doesn't have a character. Both are just player avatars who in reality have no real bearing on the settings they're crammed into. At least the Hakunos had some impact on their stories.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    There's nothing to undercharacterize. "Ritsuka" doesn't have a character. Both are just player avatars who in reality have no real bearing on the settings they're crammed into. At least the Hakunos had some impact on their stories.
    I mean

Allegedly others couldn't go as far as Ritsuka went in his multiple world-saving tasks.

It's the same for Cardboard-kun from Apocrypha, except that one can't use the excuse of being a complete self-insert for the player. Then again the rest of the cast are just as paper thin as him when it comes to depth and characterization, on top of having terrible designs (Seriously though, more than half of them look like they came straight out of some generic Korean MMO).

US Friend Code
    the only bad design in Apo is Jack

Look at the absolute swagger on the Yggdmillennia uniform, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    the only bad design in Apo is Jack

Look at the absolute swagger on the Yggdmillennia uniform, man.
    oh, yeah

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar

Again, let Kubo sama design a protagonist! He'd make them into badass heroes who can actually fight the power on their own!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Again, let Kubo sama design a protagonist! He'd make them into badass heroes who can actually fight the power on their own!

*Looks at Ichigo "Constantly nerfed and/or Crying" Kurosaki* Riiiiggggghhht.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean obviously, but at the same time I understand why people say it's hard to take it seriously when you're in the Temple of Time trying to save all of history and gag characters from the silly star-wars-parody universe show up.
    Thank you.

Now, I will give you that the reason is probably that Fate separated segments the way it did to make the stories seem unrelated (even if they aren't) and it ended up looking more like "this is the gag ending, like the hot springs stuff in Vesperia" and not working it into a serious storyline.

Like, I'd have no trouble believing Carnival Phantasm was canon in some form, mostly because the work is considered a divergent story and not a part of the "serious" endings. It's like Thor Ragnarok: plenty of people liked it, I found it incredibly retarded. OTOH, people despise TDW even though it's my favorite.

Essentially, it feels like "there are joke and true versions" and we've been given a fusion of both. Now, if you told me there's a version of the Nasuverse where History was as "boring" as ours (Artemis isn't a bimbo, Jack the Ripper was a psychopath and Marie Antoinette was an old woman who regretted jack) then I'd be inclined to say "so we're in the weird part of the Nasuverse" and leave it there.

- - - Updated - - -

Even though I wanted to argue, no you're right. After SS he became "I'm useless without my mask" Bankai Whore. You might be on to something (OTOH, this is kind of how it works for shounen protagonists, then they get royally pissed and destroy everything).

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Marie was never an old woman though. She died at 37, before she had the chance to become old.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Marie was never an old woman though. She died at 37, before she had the chance to become old.
    Relatively old (not loli).

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Relatively old (not loli).
    Still, that is just her Age at death. Her peak (the timeframe from when she was summoned) is probably around the time she got married to Louis XVI, which was at 14. Marie being a Loli is actually very fitting.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    Kubo can draw anything and I'll damn buy it. I bought the Sakura Wars game because he designed the main characters.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not a Shonen Protagonist if you don't cry at least half a bucket of tears for the entirety of your manga or get your ass kicked at least 2 times for "motivation" and "power scaling".

Speaking of which. Did Shirou or Shiki ever cry in their Visual Novels? I can only remember Shirou crying in the HF2 movie, but that's hardly canon to the VN. I think Shiki might've cried in Ciel's or Akiha's routes at some point.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    You're not a Shonen Protagonist if you don't cry at least half a bucket of tears for the entirety of your manga or get your ass kicked at least 2 times for "motivation" and "power scaling".
    The problem with Ichigo though is that in a Series where he's meant to be the Protagonist he spends almost all his time post SS being a side character because Kubo's editors like the Shinigami too much.

US Friend Code
    The problem with Ichigo though is that in a Series where he's meant to be the Protagonist he spends almost all his time post SS being a side character because Kubo's editors like the Shinigami too much.
    It's funny how when he finally introduces another cast of characters beside Shinigami fans and editors don't like it so he has to bring back the Shinigami to kill those characters...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I like both Kubo's art and his ideas, but he sucks at plotting so much. He really needed a good editor for Bleach.