Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32374041424344 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 916

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Price of Victory (HP/FSN CYOA)

  1. #821
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    429
    [X]Use ofuda and wand- George shouldn't have a counter to anti-spirit equipment
    [X]Don't- it's none of his business
    [X]Yes
    [X]Yes, he wants to know what happened, since everyone knows of his fight with Mischa

  2. #822
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,858
    Go all out, don’t look into it, Yes, and Yes.

  3. #823
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,365
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 242: [X] Go all out - George would take it as an insult if he did not
    Choice 243: [X] Don't- it's none of his business
    Choice 244: [X] Yes
    Choice 245: [X] Yes, he wants to know what happened, since everyone knows of his fight with Mischa




    Choice 246: There are two possible areas suitable for the boys to spar with each other. One, of course, is the training facilities in the manor, which Shinji still has access to, despite having lent it to Lockhart for use as the equivalent of Albion's Embassy Row. The other is the training grounds set aside for Albion. Neither are likely to be entirely unoccupied, but both still provide a modicum of privacy. Alternatively, they could leave the city and find an empty space to cut loose - perhaps the former grounds where the Britain hosted the Quidditch World Cup?

    [ ] The Manor
    [ ] Albion HQ
    [ ] Quidditch World Cup

    Choice 247: Andreas (and Sylvana, the Captain of 2nd Squad) express some interest in seeing what the non-Magical side of London has to offer, both in terms of entertainment and in terms of possible security risks (recalling the ICW report that when London was attacked by Grindelwald and his forces, they had taken muggle transport from France. Since Shinji has been in Britain for a few years, Andreas asks if he would be willing to show them around....

    [ ] Sure - he has time, and he wouldn't mind learning more about the Captain of 2nd Squad
    [ ] No, he has other things to do - Nines can be their guide
    [ ] No, he has other things to do - Emilia should be familiar enough with the city
    [ ] No, it would be best if they went around by themselves
    [ ] (write-in)

    Choice 247a: If he decides to go with them, does he bring anyone else along? (choose as many as you'd like)

    [ ] ...well, it would be a shame if the French delegation didn't get shown around, wouldn't it? (invite Fleur and Lestrange)
    [ ] ...it would only be right for him to show the Japanese delegation around, right? (invite Kohaku and Miss Kirishima)
    [ ] ...if we're bringing bringing Captains along, why not take George?
    [ ] ...maybe Mashu could help him out here? She does have access to Atlas' expense account
    [ ] ...maybe Weiss could use a break from the paperwork?
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  4. #824
    Onirique Daiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,863
    Blog Entries
    6
    [x] The Manor
    [x] Sure - he has time, and he wouldn't mind learning more about the Captain of 2nd Squad
    [x] ...if we're bringing Captains along, why not take George?
    [x] ...maybe Weiss could use a break from the paperwork?


    The homeguard leaders all reunited to visit/check muggle London sounds good to me. I think Weiss is a good choice as well here, since she also deals with security and leading operations. She probably has the layout of London down by now.

    I don't think taking the embassy members (even if they are well guarded with their respective bodyguards) is a good idea when London's security was breached not so long ago from the muggle side. In terms of PR, I mean. I also think that it's a good starting point to build a bond between HG leaders - since they will be sparing soon enough together, it's not a bad idea to get familiar a bit earlier.
    Last edited by Daiki; November 5th, 2021 at 03:37 PM.

  5. #825
    [X] The Manor
    [x] Sure - he has time, and he wouldn't mind learning more about the Captain of 2nd Squad
    [x] ...if we're bringing Captains along, why not take George?
    [x] ...maybe Weiss could use a break from the paperwork?
    [x] ...maybe Nines would like to go, a learning experience

    Sounds good to me.

    Any ambassador asked to go on this, adds complexity and political issues as you have to make sure they are safe. Where if Weiss, George, Andresa and Sylvana get hurt or attacked, no real political shitstorm happens. This is a group where Weiss can relax during, which can't happen if the Ambassadors come along.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; November 5th, 2021 at 08:33 PM.

  6. #826
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    429
    [x]The Manor
    [x]Sure-he has time, and he wouldn't mind learning more about the Captain of 2nd Squad
    [x]...if we're bringing Captains along, why not take George?

    Bringing the Ambassadors along increases risk of trouble. Not sure if bringing Mashu or Weiss along good idea. Mashu does know the area and has money from Atlas but not sure if she would want to tag along a group of wizards. Weiss social skills unlikely to be great and she is Tomas secretary.

    [x]...maybe Weiss could use a break from the paperwork?
    [x]...maybe Mashu could help out here?

    Weiss can file report of trip along with the expense.
    Mashu knows the city best and can answer any question the group has along with bringing them to places they want to see
    Last edited by Dracueri; November 5th, 2021 at 06:53 PM.

  7. #827
    [x]The Manor
    [x]Sure-he has time, and he wouldn't mind learning more about the Captain of 2nd Squad
    [x]...if we're bringing Captains along, why not take George?

  8. #828
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    429
    [x]...Maybe Nines would like a go, a learning experience

    Added Zelkova to join and practice his Nines persona in group activity

  9. #829
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,858
    The Manor
    Sure he has time
    Invite George and Zelkova

    I’d rather keep it small, helps keep it intimate. Which I feel is an important part of this.

  10. #830
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,365
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 246: [x] The Manor
    Choice 247: [x] Sure - he has time, and he wouldn't mind learning more about the Captain of 2nd Squad
    Choice 247a: [x] ...if we're bringing Captains along, why not take George? [x] ...maybe Weiss could use a break from the paperwork?




    Choice 248: There has been some discussion of whether to take Zelkova around, even though he's not an officer, though the votes have been expressed in something of a scattershot pattern. So, let's clarify...should Zelkova come along?

    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No

    Choice 248a: If so, in what capacity?

    [ ] As "Nines", Shinji's personal aide
    [ ] In his usual form as Zelkova
    [ ] As a spirit, serving as security
    [ ] (write-in)

    Choice 249: Since Weiss is coming along, and technically is Shinji's superior, who should take the lead on this little excursion?

    [ ] Shinji - he's was the one who was first asked, after all
    [ ] Weiss - she might have more of an idea of what London is like, and she is his boss
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  11. #831
    [X] Yes
    [X] As "Nines", Shinji's personal aide


    As pointed out by me before, this could be seen as a field testing of Zelkova ability to be Nines in a fairly safe environment, almost everyone here knows about Zelkova-Nines. The few that do not are still officers that if his secret is exposed can be trusted to keep the secret.

    [X] Weiss - she might have more of an idea of what London is like, and she is his boss

    Might as well make this official. Might get in the way of knowing our co-commanders but we get some funding this way and stay on task of the purpose of all of this. To become familiar with the area so that HG can do its job.

  12. #832
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    429
    [x]Yes
    [x]As "Nines", Shinji's personal aide
    [x]Weiss-she might have more of an idea of what London is like, and she is his boss

  13. #833
    Onirique Daiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,863
    Blog Entries
    6
    [x]Yes
    [x]As "Nines", Shinji's personal aide
    [x]Weiss-she might have more of an idea of what London is like, and she is his boss

  14. #834
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,858
    Yes
    As Zelkova
    Shinji should lead.

  15. #835
    [x]Yes
    [x]As "Nines", Shinji's personal aide
    [x]Weiss-she might have more of an idea of what London is like, and she is his boss

  16. #836
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,365
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 248: [X] Yes
    Choice 248a: [X] As "Nines", Shinji's personal aide
    Choice 249: [X] Weiss - she might have more of an idea of what London is like, and she is his boss




    Choice 250:
    Very well. Of course, in order to give Weiss a break from the paperwork (and to have her there at all), Shinji needs to actually invite her and get her to agree to come. What's his approach to this?

    [ ] Frame it as a way to build camaraderie among the officers of the Home Guard
    [ ] Frame it as work - that the new officers need to be familiar with the situation on the ground
    [ ] Frame it as relaxation - something she could certainly use
    [ ] Talk to Miss Suoirtsulli first - maybe she has an idea, or knows Weiss better
    [ ] (write-in)

    Choice 251: Regarding the spar with George, when Shinji gets to the manor, he notes that there are people in the training area already - among them Kohaku, Miss Kirishima, Fleur, and Rachelle Lestrange - as well as a smattering of others. Given how messy his spars can get, it might be safer to ask them to vacate the area - though this might also lead to some issues, since they're currently the ones living there, not him (and the training area there is currently set aside for their use, with Albion having training facilities at HQ).

    [ ] Ask them to clear out
    [ ] Warn them about the upcoming spar, but let them watch from the sidelines
    [ ] Let them know he needs to use a portion of the training area - he's sure they can judge for themselves if they need to leave
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  17. #837
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,858
    Choice 250: Frame it as work. We asked for her due to being a commanding officer, may as well be direct.

    Choice 251: Ask them to clear out.

    We are going all out here. I think Shinji will be able to do that better without an audience. I'm not opposed to sharing more secrets but I would rather have some control over when and where those secrets are shared, not just with a bunch of people haphazardly like that.

  18. #838
    [X] Talk to Miss Suoirtsulli first - maybe she has an idea, or knows Weiss better

    Given that we spend more time with her, we might as well ask her as yeah she is the one with history with Weiss. Not that Shinji knows that. To Shinji asking Ms S, is just seeing if his idea has merit, a subconscious attempt in seeking praise for his idea.

    [X] Warn them about the upcoming spar, but let them watch from the sidelines

    While I want the area cleared out, I don't think we got the right to kick them out. It is their space, not ours based on the agreement made. Frankly the world has seen Shinji fight during the Mischa fight so seeing the lesser fight of Shinji now is going to look like he is holding back to those that do not know him well. I don't think we can play the secretive card anymore. In fact it works better to our reputation if we don't especially since Shinji is the linchpin for Homeguard's reputation.

    Allow them to see Shinji and George fight, consider it the price for showing off the British Champions to the world. And maybe George will hold back some of his powers, not wanting to show them so we have a bit of a easier time here.

    That all being said, I don't think there is a force in this world that would stop Fleur wanting to see this fight. Outside of Lestrange pulling rank for security reasons.

    Edit: Caster, I would not say this is a random bunch of people haphazardly. This is all the factions that Shinji has worked with in the past. A lot of them, like the Americans already know Shinji's ability if they read Elesa's reports. There is nothing we can show that going to surprise the Japanese faction. That ship has sailed so long ago.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; November 12th, 2021 at 08:30 PM.

  19. #839
    Choice 250: Frame it as work. We asked for her due to being a commanding officer, may as well be direct.

    Choice 251: Ask them to clear out.

  20. #840
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    429
    [x]Frame it as work. We asked for her due to being a commanding officer, may as well be direct
    [x]Ask the guests if it would be acceptable for the Homeguard leaders to borrow the training ground for some private sparring and apologize for the inconvenience it would cause in advance. If the place already in use, the two of them don't mind waiting and observing-if allowed-or scheduling a spot for later.

    Can raise privacy barriers to obstruct viewers. Having no one around means no distractions and keeping techniques or equipment secret. No point of letting a bunch of people see what you can do when likely to spar with them in the future.
    Last edited by Dracueri; November 12th, 2021 at 09:25 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •