Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: Witch On The Holy Night (English)?

  1. #61
    Yep, the Moon-Trad folks gave me that link on their discord. Dunno why decrypting the .xp3 file didn’t work, but whatever. Tryin’ for a file a day, possibly more if I have time. It’s...gonna take a while. Thanks though!

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by AsukaLS View Post
    Yep, the Moon-Trad folks gave me that link on their discord. Dunno why decrypting the .xp3 file didn’t work, but whatever. Tryin’ for a file a day, possibly more if I have time. It’s...gonna take a while. Thanks though!
    I have faith that you will find the answer you are looking for eventually. Stay positive and keep asking around. I’m sure it will appear sooner or later.

  3. #63
    屍食鬼 Ghoul Ryrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11
    I definitely get what people are saying when they talk about how hard fan-translating VNs are and that it can be thankless, but you also can't deny that Mahoyo english translation has been particularly cursed. So many other VN translations from far less popular series have been started and finished since Mahoyo released. Yet somehow Mahoyo, a VN from a very popular series, just languishes eternally untranslated. A translation project starts and then inevitably fizzles out or is totally forgotten about. I can certainly see where the angst surrounding this comes from. Mayoho english translation has become as much of a joke among Type Moon fans as the Tsukihime remake. The fact that there's a complete French translation just makes it even more painful.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryrin View Post
    I definitely get what people are saying when they talk about how hard fan-translating VNs are and that it can be thankless, but you also can't deny that Mahoyo english translation has been particularly cursed. So many other VN translations from far less popular series have been started and finished since Mahoyo released. Yet somehow Mahoyo, a VN from a very popular series, just languishes eternally untranslated. A translation project starts and then inevitably fizzles out or is totally forgotten about. I can certainly see where the angst surrounding this comes from. Mayoho english translation has become as much of a joke among Type Moon fans as the Tsukihime remake. The fact that there's a complete French translation just makes it even more painful.

    That is why why itís hard but all we can do for now is wait patiently. Who knows, this just might be our year finally. The English people will finally be able to read this VN thatís been out for 8 years now.

  5. #65
    Does anyone know of any good Kanji writing/translation apps? I have to use Google Translate app to try to identify the Kanji I don't know. Just wonder if theres anything better or faster than that. And no I am not looking for those text pulling programs that pull Kanji from VN, I don't know how to use those (they're too complicated). Just wondering if there is any kind of app for the iPhone or some computer program that would be able to read and translate individual Kanji's meanings.

    I could probably increase my own personal translation speed for Witch on the Holy Night once I get through all the unknown Kanji to me.

  6. #66
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Kagoshima, Japan (from Manaus, Brazil)
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,498
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Imiwa is the iPhone app you're looking for.

  7. #67
    ( '‿^) Rokudaime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,579
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by boredshishou View Post
    Does anyone know of any good Kanji writing/translation apps? I have to use Google Translate app to try to identify the Kanji I don't know. Just wonder if theres anything better or faster than that. And no I am not looking for those text pulling programs that pull Kanji from VN, I don't know how to use those (they're too complicated). Just wondering if there is any kind of app for the iPhone or some computer program that would be able to read and translate individual Kanji's meanings.

    I could probably increase my own personal translation speed for Witch on the Holy Night once I get through all the unknown Kanji to me.
    I don't know about programs similar to Google translate that attempt to translate entire sentences, but if you just want to look up words and kanji, then use Shirabe Jisho. It's a really good free Japanese dictionary app, and is available for download on iPhone and Ipads etc. It lets you not only look up words and their conjugations, but also lets you look up kanji you don't know by writing them, which is a lifesaver, since looking up new kanji just by typing in words is kind of hopeless when you don't know it lol. It will then show you the number of strokes for the kanji, the radicals it's made up off, the various readings/meanings, and and a couple of common example words it's used in. I use it all the time for my studies, and don't know what I would do without it.

    "The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

  8. #68
    The Plesioth Hip Check of life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    7,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryrin View Post
    I definitely get what people are saying when they talk about how hard fan-translating VNs are and that it can be thankless, but you also can't deny that Mahoyo english translation has been particularly cursed. So many other VN translations from far less popular series have been started and finished since Mahoyo released. Yet somehow Mahoyo, a VN from a very popular series, just languishes eternally untranslated. A translation project starts and then inevitably fizzles out or is totally forgotten about. I can certainly see where the angst surrounding this comes from. Mayoho english translation has become as much of a joke among Type Moon fans as the Tsukihime remake. The fact that there's a complete French translation just makes it even more painful.
    Mahoyo is big, it's not directly tied to any of the big TM projects (well, just Fate now, really) and if I know Nasu it's chock-full of esoteric in and out of universe references, to say nothing of the usual magibabble that one nevertheless needs to have a basic grasp of in order to translate. It's a hard sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Shitty gacha games I have wasted hours of my life on

    Currently playing:

    -Fate/Grand Order
    -Granblue Fantasy
    -Girls Frontline
    -Azur Lane

    Dropped/on hiatus (never ever):
    -Fire Emblem Heroes
    -Symphogear XDU
    -Langrisser
    -Kidou Sentai Iron Saga
    -PMMM: Magia Record
    -Dragalia Lost
    -Epic Seven
    -SinoAlice

    PM for friend codes/fellow commiserating. Please no interventions, it's too late to save me.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  9. #69
    Just wondering if anyone was successful in their quest to find a proper translation decoder?

  10. #70
    Time spent begging for updates is time not spent learning Japanese and solving the problem yourself.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by fujinon View Post
    Time spent begging for updates is time not spent learning Japanese and solving the problem yourself.
    Thanks for the advice.

  12. #72
    Hopefully everyone is doing well. I only stopped by in good spirits since my Birthday passed recently. Hope everyone is also living life and it’s treating you good.

  13. #73
    Lurker on the site. New here, so no promises of course.
    If anybody can dump the full French script, then i'm pretty sure i can translate it. I know another romance language and i've been having a blast reading the French TL since my Japanese isn't too good. Issue is im no coder.
    If I complete it, i'll post the translated script here or over on 4chan and then the coding otaku's can program it or whatever. I have no programing knowledge whatsoever, so there's that.
    And if anyone's wondering, im fully fluent in both English and Portuguese, and i didn't realize how close they were in wording and sentence structure until i started reading Mahoyo on a whim. If anybody wants to help they can, but i have plenty of time before i get shipped off to college, so im pretty confident.
    Cheers.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by 4digitmen View Post
    Lurker on the site. New here, so no promises of course.
    If anybody can dump the full French script, then i'm pretty sure i can translate it. I know another romance language and i've been having a blast reading the French TL since my Japanese isn't too good. Issue is im no coder.
    If I complete it, i'll post the translated script here or over on 4chan and then the coding otaku's can program it or whatever. I have no programing knowledge whatsoever, so there's that.
    And if anyone's wondering, im fully fluent in both English and Portuguese, and i didn't realize how close they were in wording and sentence structure until i started reading Mahoyo on a whim. If anybody wants to help they can, but i have plenty of time before i get shipped off to college, so im pretty confident.
    Cheers.
    https://github.com/IDerr/mahoyo-french-dev

    Have fun.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by 4digitmen View Post
    Lurker on the site. New here, so no promises of course.
    If anybody can dump the full French script, then i'm pretty sure i can translate it. I know another romance language and i've been having a blast reading the French TL since my Japanese isn't too good. Issue is im no coder.
    If I complete it, i'll post the translated script here or over on 4chan and then the coding otaku's can program it or whatever. I have no programing knowledge whatsoever, so there's that.
    And if anyone's wondering, im fully fluent in both English and Portuguese, and i didn't realize how close they were in wording and sentence structure until i started reading Mahoyo on a whim. If anybody wants to help they can, but i have plenty of time before i get shipped off to college, so im pretty confident.
    Cheers.
    I wish you luck my friend.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by 4digitmen View Post
    Lurker on the site. New here, so no promises of course.
    If anybody can dump the full French script, then i'm pretty sure i can translate it. I know another romance language and i've been having a blast reading the French TL since my Japanese isn't too good. Issue is im no coder.
    If I complete it, i'll post the translated script here or over on 4chan and then the coding otaku's can program it or whatever. I have no programing knowledge whatsoever, so there's that.
    And if anyone's wondering, im fully fluent in both English and Portuguese, and i didn't realize how close they were in wording and sentence structure until i started reading Mahoyo on a whim. If anybody wants to help they can, but i have plenty of time before i get shipped off to college, so im pretty confident.
    Cheers.
    I’ve been (slowly, I’m really busy) translating it from the raws uyjulian linked - as I mentioned, my French is pretty okay. If you’d like to collaborate, I’d be more than happy to.

  17. #77
    ( '‿^) Rokudaime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,579
    Blog Entries
    11
    Well, this is promising. Best of luck.

    "The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

  18. #78
    僕はね、ヒマワリになりたかったんだ mewarmo990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Space Battleship Aoko
    Posts
    15,666
    JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    43
    pleasantly surprised to find that you can still buy it here. https://www.amazon.co.jp/TYPE-MOON-魔法使いの夜-通常版/dp/B008KSB91S/
    I wasn't sure if it was still in print.

    I wish it would get a mobile or Switch port.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    pleasantly surprised to find that you can still buy it here. https://www.amazon.co.jp/TYPE-MOON-魔法使いの夜-通常版/dp/B008KSB91S/
    I wasn't sure if it was still in print.

    I wish it would get a mobile or Switch port.
    I can make a Switch port happen.

  20. #80
    ( '‿^) Rokudaime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,579
    Blog Entries
    11
    A Switch port would indeed be nice. It's the perfect platform for VN's. I'm still debating whether to buy Clannad (which comes with an English text option as well in the Japanese version itself, instead of being a localization. A rarity indeed in the Japanese VN world) for it, but since I've bought the game twice already, once for the limited edition physical copy of the Kickstarter PC localization (before the Steam etc version became a thing), and once for the PS4 version, I'm a bit on the fence...As much of a fan as I am, buying the same game 3 times is a bit...Then there are cases of games like Ni No Kuni (which I loved) for the PS3, which is getting a normal port for the Switch, and a remastered port for the PS4. That ircs me a bit. I want a remastered version for the Switch... :-/ I mean, I have a PS4, so it's fine, but still...Anyway, I'm going way off topic, sorry. Don't mind me.

    "The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •