Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime REMAKE questions

Time to learn nihongo for tsukihime.I personally think we'll get a 3 year delay like mahou tsukai.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It technically already had an 11 year delay.

My wallet is ready anyhow. What's the best place to buy/import stuff like that for a non-american?

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Blog Entries
    Found a working Tsukihime gba rom! Imagine if someone puts the translation before the remake comes out? Jokes aside, i think we will have news in December
    here's the link to the rom: ******************file/fdEw1bhS#xLr465...lS52dfwx3ymorc

Urgh this remake is taking so long. I'm a fan of FSN but Tsukihime should be the one on top

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viņa del mar, chile)
    8 days until the 20th anniversary, and no signals of nothing

Is finally here, is here I can't belive it

With voices, with a Ufotable Opening, with new Seiyuus, its so great
    the thing is is for PS4 and Switch, but whi knows, I only hope I can read it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    We need more TM stuff to be localized... Well, translated, anyway.

Blog Entries
    maybe life isn't that painful after all
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Apparently this year decided to end with one hell of a bang... or two... or three (+ Fate Grand Carnival + Muramasa release). As for Tsukihime, I am both excited and worried at the moment. I swear to God, if they release a long awaited Remake for Japan only, without a hope for official localisation...

Also, it's kind of a personal thing, but Tsukihime being released (or announced) on PS4 and Switch only makes me kinda sad, I am a PC boy after all... Well, if there's a will, there's a friend with a PS4 who can lend it tot you for a month or two...

no official translations, i cant believe it too

I don't know, given just how big a job it is to localize something as large and complex as a Type-Moon VN, and how particular Nasu has the reputation for being about his prose I'm not shocked that there's no indication of an official translation. Translating literature is hard, and hiring the professionals necessary to do a good job of it in a timely manner is expensive. It's not for no reason that so many "official" translations of VNs are fan translations that got picked up by a publisher who negotiated the rights to do an official release.

Still though, the fact that the Tsukihime remake exists at all after all these years is incredibly exciting news!
    Last edited by FBates; December 31st, 2020 at 06:06 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    https://twitter.com/HollowMoonTL/sta...74251668742144
    Hollow moon said that they are willing to translate and looking for human resources.
    I'll try to get better myself on my JP (that I should have already) and try to contribute.

I hope they localize and I have a PS4 so but if not I have to learn Japanese and buy it on japanese XD

Yeah, assuming that no official localization is announced, and time and effort permitting, I'd be willing to contribute to a translation effort. Given a dictionary my Japanese is broadly N1 level, and if I can help I'd like to. I'm honestly thrilled that the Tsukihime remake is actually real.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    I'm hoping that Tsukimhime will get an offical translation. The other 3 fate games have one. Why would tsukimhime not? Perhaps this will start a snowball effect and we get FSN localized as well.

Well, the other three Fate games are not visual novels with a textual length significantly in excess of War and Peace. I would love to see Tsukihime and Fate/stay night get officially localized, but just on the basis of the time, effort, and money such a project would entail I probably wouldn't hold my breath. There's probably a market for it just on the basis of the success of Grand Order and everything, but whether the market is actually big enough to offset the cost I think is probably still anyone's guess. If history is any guide though there will certainly be a fan translation project for the Tsukihime remake, and while fan translations typically run the entire gamut from passable to very good, that's still infinitely preferable to no translation at all. It'll take time, obviously, but even if there were an official localization of Tsukihime announced I wouldn't expect a simultaneous release. Even if it were announced now, just based on the complexity of the text I probably wouldn't expect it for another year after the Japanese version releases.

If a translation project for this starts up, chances are large portions of the text can already be ported with little or no modification from the original Tsukihime VN to this, significantly reducing the amount of work that needs to be done, so workwise, a fan translation wouldn't probably require the same amount of work as translating a VN of that length from scratch.
    Last edited by Username55; January 15th, 2021 at 06:39 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hollow Moon expressed a lot of for quality, so using the Mirror-Moon translation with minimal modification wouldn't cut it.

Well then, it can take forever(TM), going by how slow VN translations can be. I mean, it depends, but it could possibly take quite a while.