Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20252829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: A Chain of Debt (A Matou Shinji AU Quest)

[ ] Just collapse at the door - Tohsaka is already worried about him. Why not make her worry more?

[X] Just collapse at the door - Tohsaka is already worried about him. Why not make her worry more?

Blog Entries
    [x] Insist on having dinner with Rin - she is the cause of his suffering, and he wants to see her share his pain.

Shinji probably wouldn't feel more spices in his current state anyway. Get wrecked Rin.

I feel he might pass out in the middle of it, still worth it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    [x]Just collapse at the door- Tohsaka is already worried about him. Why not make her worry more?

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x]Just collapse at the door- Tohsaka is already worried about him. Why not make her worry more?

So it was that Matou Shinji simply collapsed, his legs giving out under him and his eyes rolling up in his head as he knew no more. Even as quick as a magus could be, Tohsaka could either catch Shinji or the food he had been carrying - and obviously, she chose to break his fall, grunting as she did. He was heavier than she expected - and people who went utter limp tended to feel heavier than they were, anyhow. Untended, the bag full of food containers crashed to the ground, with a blisteringly spicy smell wafting to her nostrils as some of them fell open, with suspiciously red and orange sauces splattering everywhere.

She recognized it, of course. How could she not, given that the fake priest had oh so graciously treated her to a meal before - this was one of the reasons she had learned reinforcement, so she could save her stomach lining from the corrosive chemicals he called food. Apparently, Kotomine had decided that Matou needed to be given the same treatment, though she couldn't imagine why this had happened. Either way, she would find out later, as she carried the boy inside and put him to bed.

Shinji wakes up, still feeling like shit, with the face of Tohsaka looming over him. Seeing him stir, the girl pulls back.

"T...tohsaka?"
    he managed blearily.

"Hey, are you alright? What happened earlier, Matou?" the girl asked, her fists balling up at her sides as she looked...concerned, oddly enough.

"Huh?"

"D-don't get the wrong idea. It's not like I was worried about you or anything. It would just be inconvenient if you died and couldn't pay off your debt."

Well, he supposed that made sense.

How does Shinji reply?

[ ] Mention the incident with Kotomine in all its particulars
    [ ] (lie) come up with something
    [ ] Say its none of her business
    [ ] (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[ ] Mention the incident with Kotomine in all its particulars

[x]Mention the incident with Kotomine in all its particulars

[x] (lie) Come up with something

Wake up, sheeple! Shinji is not, will never be, Rin's type. So there is no need for honesty when a lie brings maximum amusement.

Blog Entries
    [x] (lie) come up with something

[X] (lie) come up with something

The seer magic has spoken (rolled a die to decide my vote)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x] (lie) come up with something

Well, go on then. Come up with something.

[ ] (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Damn it. Ok.

[x] Kirei did it.
    - [x] Tell a lightly redacted version of events where Shinji's enthusiasm in approaching Kirei ended with him as a hostage of Kirei's machinations. Omit Dodo's role in this development.

[x] Is a punishment caused because he tried to get Kirei forgive him for His actions..

Tell Rin than since He doesn't have enought free Time for himself since he Is busy with the house cleaning and attending her needs, he was worried than His DoDo pet would feel alone and trapped so he left her free to go and walk around Fuyuki alone since his pet knows how to come back to him and she love explore new places.

His mistake was not ask Rin for her permition to leave His magical pet to around Fuyuki.

Since that happened Kirei found His pet caged her in prision made of black keys and invited shinji to a lunch to tell him than he should be punished for His actions, and now thanks to his mistakes Kirei think than Rin Is also one to blame for not care about her role as second owner and let this magical creature go alone around.

And the punishment would be than both of them would have to eat this dinner until the holidays break Is over.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; August 8th, 2021 at 05:06 PM.

[x] Is a punishment caused because he tried to get Kirei forgive him for His actions.

[x]Is a punishment because he tried to get Kirei to forgive him for his actions

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x]Is a punishment because he tried to get Kirei to forgive him for his actions

Tohsaka Rin liked to think of herself as a reasonable individual. She was well aware that she was perhaps not the best at her role as Second Owner - hence needing to rely on the fake priest now and then - and that she was perhaps overly generous to people who had no reason to deserve such (like Matou, who had come to her begging for scraps after being expelled from his family for one reason or another), but she tried her best with the time and experience she had. Which was why she was annoyed - no, utterly infuriated - by the rank idiocy coming out of Matou's mouth.

Rather than take responsibility for his actions in letting a magical creature wander around Fuyuki unsupervised - a magical creature whose abilities he had neglected to inform her about, at that! - the boy had apparently had the utter audacity to ask Kirei to forgive him, no doubt leading to the priest deciding that rather than simply Matou needing to be treated to a taste of the corrosive chemicals he liked to pass off as food, he would oh so generously extend the offer to her as well until the holidays break was over, reasoning that she was to blame for this...situation.

"I trusted you to not make trouble while living under my roof," she said coldly, her fists clenched so tight that her nails dug into her palms. "Yet not only did you let a magical creature wander around unattended in my spiritual lands - without even thinking to ask for permission - abusing my trust, you made a complete fool out of me by trying to ask the fake priest for forgiveness. And because of you, he wants to punish both of us by making us eat this until the end of the holidays."

"Yes, but--"

"There will be no buts," Tohsaka interrupted, her eyes hard. "Here's what's going to happen: you're going to one eating both our portions of this food. You'll have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and whenever else you're hungry."

"I-I can't possibly eat--"

"Then you can feed it to your pet for all I care," the magus spat. "After all, I won't be giving you any of my food to feed her."

Already reeling from the horrific meal he'd been forced to endure, Shinji felt as if he'd been punched in the gut at Tohsaka's words.

"I...that will kill her!" the boy protested feebly.

Tohsaka shrugged.

"You'd better eat it all then," she said, shrugging.

"Y-you can't do this!"

"I'm the Second Owner of Fuyuki, and you are bound to my service by the weight of your debts," Tohsaka replied. "I can do whatever I want, so long as you are under my roof and relying on my money. Either way, I'm not eating it, and you're not throwing it away." Tohsaka Rin had her pride, after all, and she absolutely refused to be punished for someone else's mistakes."

Shinji's mouth closed with a click, and the magus almost felt a twinge of pity as she heard his teeth grind together, but suppressed it. Matou had to learn his place, after all, and if she were to show him kindness here and now in the face of his transgression, he'd never learn. No doubt he'd end up angering someone far less merciful and get himself killed, so really, making sure he learned that actions had consequences, and that no one appreciated him trying to weasel his way out of them was a kindness.

"I...I understand," the boy growled after several long moments. He looked at her with eyes full of hate, but that was alright - it was fine for him to hate her, so long as he didn't end up getting himself killed like an idiot. "Is there anything else you wanted to say to me, Second Owner?"

She regarded him for a long moment, seeming to think over something.

"No. That will be all, Matou. Get some rest - you'll need it to do your chores, and to train me in potions."

"...what about teaching me Bajiquan?"

"Don't worry, I'll teach you. I'll teach you alright."

At the end of the break, Shinji returns to Hogwarts with his body bruised and battered (though not entirely broken), with his innards an utter mess from being subjected to the caustic chemical assault of spicy dishes for every single meal, with no reprieve except the one made for himself by crafting the Elixir of Spice Tolerance - which helped protect his body against the heat of the food as it entered his sytem, but did nothing to help the burning as it left, as the effects of a dose lasted perhaps an hour or so, and required considerably more than that to create - especially with his joints, his limbs, his everything aching.

How did he feed his Diricrawl?

[ ] It shared his spicy food
    [ ] He begged Tohsaka for more money
    [ ] He exchanged some British pounds for Japanese yen so he could buy some food for her

The final day's food includes a selection of snacks - various sweet and savory regional specialties which were all wrapped up, packed as gifts - with a note from Kotomine saying that while he knew the boy didn't seem to understand basic courtesy, it would be a poor thing for a priest to not attempt to correct the errors of the wayward.

What does he do?

[ ] Eat the snacks - finally, a reprieve from spicy food
    [ ] Take the snacks back to Hogwarts to give to friends and instructors
    [ ] Give the snacks to Tohsaka as a thank you for hosting him, no matter how little he feels like thanking her
    [ ] Wait, what's the catch here?

[X] He exchanged some British pounds for Japanese yen so he could buy some food for her
    [X] Give the snacks to Tohsaka as a thank you for hosting him, no matter how little he feels like thanking her

Interesting fact. Birds are biologically unable to register the effects of capsaicin. That being said, maybe not feed your bird human food cause its bad for them in general. It is not evolution adapted them to eat.

Option 2 feels like something that Shinji himself would override.

[X] He exchanged some British pounds for Japanese yen so he could buy some food for her
    [X] Give the snacks to Tohsaka as a thank you for hosting him, no matter how little he feels like thanking her

[x]He exchanged some British pounds for Japanese yen so he could buy some food for her
    [x]Take the snacks back to Hogwarts to give to friends and instructors

Blog Entries
    [x] He exchanged some British pounds for Japanese yen so he could buy some food for her
    [x] Wait, what's the catch here?

Obviously we wouldn't torture our trusty and loyal pet, for all her shortcomings, she has been a positive element (one of the few) in Shinji's life.

No way we're gifting Tohsaka anything after that episode unless it's some sort of cursed items. She might be doing this out of concern, but Shinji is nowhere any close to be able to think rationally after what she put him through. She suggested submitting our magical dodo to something life-threatening to humans. Revenge killing at the first opportunity is more up his alley, right now - if I had to guess. NOBODY THREATENS KACHING. NOBODY.

Also, accepting anything from Kirei onwards. Haha...no. Just, no.