Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2227303132
Results 621 to 634 of 634

Thread: A Chain of Debt (A Matou Shinji AU Quest)

  1. #621
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,350
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [x] Uagadou or Mahoutokoro
    [x] mahoutokoro - to learn the diferences between western and east wichcraft and to learn More about the magic of His homeland; [x] Uagadou - For its Astronomy and Alchemy classes as well as learning to cast magic without a wand. Which would be useful when fighting hand to hand.




    At the mention of hand to hand combat, Amber Noel leans forward, her eyes lighting up with interest.

    "Oh? Are you a practitioner of the martial arts, then?" the girl asks, giving the boy something of a once over. "You didn't seem the type."

    "I practice out of necessity," the boy replied curtly. "I wouldn't say I'm exactly interested, but if it is a choice between being pummeled and learning something from it, and pummeled and learning nothing from it, then I might as well get something from the experience."

    "Not a choice someone should be faced with in our modern day and age," Amber noted, narrowing her eyes as she took in the Matou boy's surly expression.

    "No. It isn't." The boy's reply was clipped, brusque almost to the point of rudeness. "But what is and what ought to be aren't the same thing, now are they?"

    "No...they aren't," Amber said quietly. Such was the way of the world, after all.

    "If you are a practitioner, would you like to practice Aikido with us, then? Maybe join us for some morning workouts?" Natsumi offered. "It doesn't have to be all the time, but we could use someone else to train with, especially since the only physical activity Hogwarts seems to offer in classes is how to ride a broom. Not even swimming or running, or anything like that!"

    [ ] Refuse the offer, Shinji has enough things to do and too little time as it is
    [ ] Refuse the offer. He has no interest in martial arts beyond the bare minimum he needs.
    [ ] Accept the offer. Who knows - another style might come in handy against Tohsaka's Kung Fu.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  2. #622
    [ ] Refuse the offer, Shinji has enough things to do and too little time as it is

  3. #623
    [x] Accept the offer. Who knows - another style might come in handy against Tohsaka's Kung Fu.

    Why not? It will keep his body condition so he will be more in shape for summer. Its not like we have any other physical activity to keep in shape. Plus Aikdo is a very different style, one where Rin's strength can be used against her as you redirect her force. Having this style act as your defense yet also knowing a bit of a striking style that Rin is force teaching him is useful. Shinji will enjoy throwing Rin when she expects him to strike back.

    Plus its got breathing control as a main focus which I think would highly apply to spell casting and stealth. And swords style if you want to go that route down the road or just need to defend against swords. As well as trains flexability over strength, which having this Shinji becoming flexible will become useful when he starts to sneak.

    Basically this style is the opposite of everything he thinks hand to hand is. Which might connect with him as he seems to dislike the Rin punching bag method.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; October 30th, 2021 at 08:09 PM.

  4. #624
    [x] Accept the offer.

  5. #625
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    412
    [x]Accept the offer. Who knows-another style might come in handy against Tohsaka's Kung Fu

  6. #626
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,350
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [X] Accept the offer. Who knows - another style might come in handy against Tohsaka's Kung Fu.




    "I suppose it couldn't hurt," the boy replies, not wanting to sound too enthusiastic about the prospect of learning the basics of a martial art - without being beaten into a walking mass of bruises vaguely shaped like a human being, as tended to happen after Tohsaka 'taught' him. "How'd you come to learn Aikido?"

    "It's one of the few martial arts my parents allowed me to take, being a girl," Amber answered him. "Since your own strength and size doesn't really matter as much."

    "Size matters not," Natsumi echoed sagely, her voice taking on a bit of a nasal quality as she said this. She glanced around curiously after she said it, only to pout when she found that no one seemed to be paying attention. "Uncultured barbarians," she muttered under her breath.

    Shinji raised an eyebrow at that, not really knowing what to think, but decided to ignore the Japanese girl's strange actions.

    "You also practiced the blade, as I remember," he said instead, continuing his conversation with Amber.

    "I do. Harder to do that these days, with Phelan busy with Quidditch most of the time, but Nats makes for a good enough partner. Even if she is more of a student of the Japanese sword styles."

    "If it was good enough for Lord Vader, I don't see why it isn't good enough for anyone else."

    "Lord Vader?" Draco echoed, looking up from his conversation with Ron about Quidditch, of all things. "Who is this Lord Vader you speak of?"

    "I suppose you'd call him a Dark Lord," Natsumi reflected quietly. "His life, and his deeds, happened long, long ago, in a land far, far away."

    "...do you mean America?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow.

    "...close enough," Natsumi sighed, even as Amber could be seen cradling her forehead in her hand. "He was a powerful warrior, who used his magic - and his blade - to crush all those who stood against him and his Master, bringing order to a chaotic realm. He was once a member of an order of Wizard-Knights who kept peace in the land, until his master turned him to the Dark Side, leading him to betray the Order, becoming the most feared Dark Lord to have lived in thousand years. Yet, in the end, after a lifetime of battles, he died turning his blade against his Master, who sought to corrupt his son - who had been trained in secret to take up the mantle of the Knights by the last Master of the Order - as he himself had been corrupted."

    "He never sought to usurp his Master before this?"

    "For all his power and his mastery of magic, he was a slave in his mind. After betraying his former brothers in arms, turning his back on the Order he once served, he believed there was no place for him. That he could never be forgiven, and thus could only continue down the path he had begun, becoming more and more his Master's creature. In the end, what led him to turn back to the light was not his power, or the fear others regarded him with, but the love he had for his son, and his unwillingness to see his son suffer as he had suffered. Love, more wonderful and more terrible than death, than intellect, than the forces of nature itself. Such was the power that redeemed him - just as Love was said to be the power which brought an end to Voldemort's reign of terror. One might even say that love, used properly, is the key to magic more potent than anything else in the world, to abilities some might find...unnatural."

    "...is it possible to learn this power?" Draco asked, his voice almost a whisper.

    "Not from a teacher," Natsumi replied.

    "Wait. I don't understand," Ron interjected. "Are you saying that snogging a girl will lead to me getting better at magic?"

    The entire cabin paused at that, looking oddly at Ron.

    "What? What did I say?"

    "I said love, not snogging," Natsumi corrected primly. "But you can snog whoever you like, if you can find someone who will have you."

    "Hey! What gives you the right to speak to me like that, Hufflepuff?" Ron said, stung by her words.

    "Someone who doesn't think snogging is love. You can snog plenty of people you don't love, and love people you don't snog," Natsumi continued. "I mean, unless you snog your sister regularly?"

    "What is wrong with you? That's disgusting!" Ron exclaimed. "Why would I? Ew...no! She's my sister!"

    "Being fair, Lord Vader's son did snog his sister once--"

    "What?! That's absolutely--"

    "--but he didn't know who she was at the time, and once he found out, he didn't go any further down that forbidden path."

    "Well, that's...better," Ron said grudgingly. "Why do you know so much about this Dark Lord anyway? It's like you admire him or something."

    "Oh, I do," Natsumi admitted openly, leading to both Ron and Draco doing what Shinji would consider a classic double take.

    "But...but you're a Hufflepuff!" Ron exclaimed.

    "Is there a rule that says Hufflepuffs can't be interested in Dark Lords, forbidden magic, and dangerous techniques? You didn't think we were all obsessed with gardening, eating, hard work, and the like, did you?"

    "...no. Of course not," Draco lied. Badly, at that. But then, he wasn't very used to lying. Or having to lie to begin with. "But you were saying something about how we couldn't learn this power from a teacher...which means you know something about it?"

    "Perhaps a bit. I might even be inclined to tell you more, if you join us at our morning exercises."

    "I..." Draco looks uncertain. He clearly wants to know, but doesn't want to be in thrall to a Hufflepuff - and doesn't want to be seen just agreeing to something as unseemly as exercise.

    Natsumi glanced at Shinji, her eyes saying far more than her words. It was obvious that she wanted him to give Draco a push.

    Perhaps he should - Natsumi would owe him for this. Or perhaps he should not - that way, he would be the main person the girls practiced with, with no distractions and more opportunities to learn.

    "You're welcome too, Ronald Bilius Weasley. If you're not afraid of a few girls, that is. But if you're content to be the least of your family, well then..."

    "Fine," Ron all but spat. "Fine. I'll join you."

    "And you, Mister Malfoy?"

    Draco hesitated, clearly having trouble making up his mind, and in this situation, Shinji...

    [ ] ...encouraged Draco to join the morning exercise sessions
    [ ] ...stayed silent
    [ ] ...tried to persuade him not to join, reminding him that it would distract from Quidditch
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  7. #627
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    412
    [x]...encourage Draco to join the morning exercise sessions

    This way the group has people to practice with if Shinji decides he has other stuff to do

  8. #628
    [ ] ...encouraged Draco to join the morning exercise sessions

  9. #629
    [x] ...encouraged Draco to join the morning exercise sessions

  10. #630
    [X] ...stayed silent

    I am not inclined to have Shinji voice his opinion here. Sure I as SL want Draco to join. But I don't think that Shinji cares enough to stick his neck out here to sway Draco. If Draco turns this down, then he is simply a fool and nothing less. Why waste time on a fool convincing on something that they should know benefits them?

    This is part of my policy that we should go for the most part under the radar. We voiced our willingness to join ourselves and the attention has moved away from Shinji. Why have it refocus on him, voicing a reason for Draco to join? I don't think that Blaise would try to sway Draco here, and Blaise is basically the Shinji we want to be...

  11. #631
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,350
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    [x]...encourage Draco to join the morning exercise sessions




    "It would be good if you did," Shinji chimed in. "Can't let Weasley end up looking better than you, or learning more about how to fight, can you?"

    The attempt at manipulation was childishly transparent. Fortunately, however, Draco was still very much a child.

    "...if Weasley is doing it, I'll do it too. Anything he can do, I can do better."

    "No, you can't!"

    "Yes, I can!"

    "No, you can't!"

    "Yes, I--"

    "If you two are going to grouse like this," Shinji interjected. "Why not test yourself by trying out the food Natsumi and Amber are having? Or are you saying girls are tougher than boys? Or that a Hufflepuff is better than a Slytherin?"

    Draco, not about to live this down this vile slander, immediately asked for a cup, as did Ron, only...

    "...what about you, Matou? Are you saying you can't handle the heat?" Amber questioned.

    In response, Shinji took out his container of leftovers and opened it, so they could see the brilliant shade of red on the Mapo Tofu.

    "...I'll try yours if you try mine?" he offered blandly.

    "...that's quite alright," Amber replied diplomatically. "No need for you to prove anything, Matou."

    Soon enough, Ron and Draco try the Bombay Bad Boy...and find that their mouths are basically on fire, their lips swelling up, their throats burning as the spice hits their woefully unprepared bodies. He does of course, have some doses of the Elixir of Spice Tolerance, among other things. Will he offer it to them?

    [ ] Yes, in return for a future favor
    [ ] Yes, for "free" - having customer testimonials to the efficacy of your product is always good
    [ ] No

    Also, how seriously will he take the Aikido?

    [ ] Very seriously - this is his chance to learn something that can fend off Tohsaka
    [ ] Somewhat seriously - he has other priorities, but this could still be useful
    [ ] Not that seriously - just the basics will be enough - this isn't going to make him a master
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  12. #632
    [x] Yes, in return for a future favor.

    Nothing is FREE!! The faster these two learn it, the better equipped they will be when dealing with money-grab Shinji.

    Equivalent exchange is the bare minimum.

    [x] Somewhat seriously - he has other priorities, but this could still be useful.

    No need to throw all he has into it but at least putting an effort when attending is the minimum if he wants to have some credibility.

  13. #633
    [ ] Yes, in return for a future favor

    [ ] Very seriously - this is his chance to learn something that can fend off Tohsaka

    Anything give shinji the posibility to defea Rin is great.
    Shinji really need some boost in confidence.
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; November 20th, 2021 at 07:21 PM.

  14. #634
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    412
    [X]Yes, in return for a future favor.

    [X]Somewhat seriously-he has other priorities, but this still could be useful

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •