Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: TYPE-MOON Studio BB

JP Friend Code
    Two wrongs don't make even a half right

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Naha- View Post
    What I want from this new studio: Mahoyo 2, new IPs.

What's going to happen: More Fate, specially Extra which means more Nero.

Reality is cruel.
    Well Fate/anything sells like hot cakes so...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tell that to Labyrinth
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Tell that to Last Encore
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    Well Fate/anything sells like hot cakes so...
    In the recent past, only 2 fate manga reached the top 10 selling list (Shimousa and Learn with Manga), the rest are only hovering around top 50 at best (and apo didn't even reach that for some of its volumes).

If you look at anime HF1 (61,899), FZ (52,285 & 46,344), UBW (39,283 & 36,004), and I guess FSN 2006 (26,047) are the only ones that really stand out. Tsukihime (you know, the one people try to meme out of existence?) is next in line with 14k in sales, and all other works (LE, Kaleid, Apo, CP) don't even reach 10k.

I cba to look up LN sales numbers right now but I'm sure you'll find the same thing there. Point being, I think FGO might have skewed your view of this a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    At this point, I'm just expecting an actual idol series from Fate.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    In the recent past, only 2 fate manga reached the top 10 selling list (Shimousa and Learn with Manga), the rest are only hovering around top 50 at best (and apo didn't even reach that for some of its volumes).

Manga based of famous series don't usually do much in terms of volume sales with some exception like Shimousa and Bakemonogatari because of their artist but Kodansha seems content with it, Emiya-san is also one of the best selling manga usually around 200-250K per volume. besides most manga are available digitally and they seems popular there.

If you look at anime HF1 (61,899), FZ (52,285 & 46,344), UBW (39,283 & 36,004), and I guess FSN 2006 (26,047) are the only ones that really stand out. Tsukihime (you know, the one people try to meme out of existence?) is next in line with 14k in sales, and all other works (LE, Kaleid, Apo, CP) don't even reach 10k.
    and There is only about 140 shows that sold 10k after 2000 and in the last few years selling 5k is quite a lot for the series so they stll sell a lot and BD/DVD isn't the only thing for anime now.
    So Apoc and Kaleid did great, CP is published by Typemoon and doesn't appear in oricon but apparently it did good.

I cba to look up LN sales numbers right now but I'm sure you'll find the same thing there. Point being, I think FGO might have skewed your view of this a bit.
    Strange/Fake did great and Prototype did good.
    Apoc and El-melloi are published by TM so they don't appear in oricon

Actually it was reported that by January this year, HF1 was at 100k numbers.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bakemonogatari is being held up because it was genius to get Oh! Great's visuals for the metaphoric imagery. But that likely won't even last long since Monogatari is fading (even though it's getting to the good stuff now, which saddens me).

With Fate, they get enough exposure, love for the franchise, and capital to the property to try, try, and try again. It depends on what they do, but Fate can bring in the bucks.
    They obviously should logically just make a console version of GO Arcade, and go crazy with RPG mechanics. Hell, even Dissidia NT flopped because SE kinda just expected it to sell without putting the love in, and nobody would dare say FF is not marketable.
    You just need the right catalysts, the right plot, and something that can go the distance. Expand the universe, use the right characters, and you'll get your money.
    Right after HF3 debuts announce a story for a college age Fate story that expands a few things(I'll even say it doesn't have to be HF True). People have been introduced to the Clock Tower due to Case Files, so just go nuts, people like it when you go nuts. You've teased so many parts of the greater universe in GO, so a larger plotline won't alienate the fans as it would in the past, so again, go nuts.
    There are just innumerable things they can still do with this property. Something Tsuki lacks is the interest in opening it up due to minimalist, hyper focused scope. Fantasy IPs endure over the years when you open things up, instead of having a closed off story that gets a remake years later cause you want that burst of nostalgia only to shelve it afterwards.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    *gaspe*

Red Dragon CRPG with single/multiplayer player campaign and dungeon crawling mode an- has Japan ever even made that kind of game? -_-
    In Japan, the C of CRPG stands for Console.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Bakemonogatari is being held up because it was genius to get Oh! Great's visuals for the metaphoric imagery. But that likely won't even last long since Monogatari is fading (even though it's getting to the good stuff now, which saddens me).

With Fate, they get enough exposure, love for the franchise, and capital to the property to try, try, and try again. It depends on what they do, but Fate can bring in the bucks.
    They obviously should logically just make a console version of GO Arcade, and go crazy with RPG mechanics. Hell, even Dissidia NT flopped because SE kinda just expected it to sell without putting the love in, and nobody would dare say FF is not marketable.
    You just need the right catalysts, the right plot, and something that can go the distance. Expand the universe, use the right characters, and you'll get your money.
    Right after HF3 debuts announce a story for a college age Fate story that expands a few things(I'll even say it doesn't have to be HF True). People have been introduced to the Clock Tower due to Case Files, so just go nuts, people like it when you go nuts. You've teased so many parts of the greater universe in GO, so a larger plotline won't alienate the fans as it would in the past, so again, go nuts.
    There are just innumerable things they can still do with this property. Something Tsuki lacks is the interest in opening it up due to minimalist, hyper focused scope. Fantasy IPs endure over the years when you open things up, instead of having a closed off story that gets a remake years later cause you want that burst of nostalgia only to shelve it afterwards.
    They made Oh!Great draw Bakemonogatari? Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear, that Oh!Great?

Not sure if genius idea or "genius idea"...
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Actually quite good, his stylized way of depicting things is working well. Lots of Hanekawa love, but seeing as how much he loved Ringo in AG, that's a given.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Oh, I have no doubt that his art can be great when he works on it, but his track record on reliability...isn't, lol.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    400977753/aqua
    what is really going to happen is a game that is worse than fate/shitella
    fate grand order ID:400977753

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    At this point, I'm just expecting an actual idol series from Fate.
    Please don't...

Don't give me hope...

They shattered it already with UMU productions on April Fools'.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Something like the accelerator spin off would be fun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Please don't...

Don't give me hope...

They shattered it already with UMU productions on April Fools'.
    I mean, we've had jokes become actual spinoffs. Imperial Roma could become a thing if someone picks it up.
    Just hope that the right person is also a TM fan. In this crazy wacky world, I wouldn't even be surprised if Sudou did something like a G-Sakura anime for example and was currently tweaking Nasu for permission.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Right after HF3 debuts
    you don't have to rub it in, Gaben

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As long as it's something interesting, and preferably not just more Fate-exclusive stuff then I'd be down for anything really.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    There might be something to the Red Dragon thing, actually. There was an immense amount of resources and work put into what was really an extremely short tabletop campaign that pretty much got derailed and sabotaged too, so a ton of those setting notes and illustrations never got properly used, and you can bet there is a ton more we've never seen. It's strange that its so detailed, it would be stranger if they never properly cashed in. Chaos Dragon as well threw everything that was already there unused out of the window, it's just baffling what happened. I'd expect them to give it a second try.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I wanted to say Chaos Dragon torpedoed any future content Red Dragon related, but considering what was already out by that time for Japan at least, it seems more like they just wanted the inevitable anime adaptation out of the way and call it a day.

So more like the franchise was already done at that point.