Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

TYPE-MOON Studio BB

The Founding of Type Moon Studio BB!!
    So karoshimyriad on twitter has reported that Type-Moon has now established STUDIO BB which aims to create games ranging from in-house small 2D games to large 3D externally-developed games.
    Fate/Extra director Kazuya Niino will be the studio director and will have involvement with Nasu Kinoko and Takashi Takeuchi.
    Studio BB Site:
    http://typemoon-bb.com/

https://www.facebook.com/FSNTohsaka/...type=3&theater
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Expect in - game cheats and easter eggs.

It reminded me of that one side - story from Kagetsu Tohya that turned out to be the answer to the questions of the main story by Kohaku/Magical Amber. Good job, Nrvnqsr.

On the more serious side, time for the other developers to shine. I just remembered that DelightWorks gave it a shot with Fate/Grand Order.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh, BB eh? And since it's nowhere near April, not a joke.
    Does...does this mean he is trying to make BB the mascot of this department?
    I mean, I get it, AI and all = software, but..why?
    Curious.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Huh, BB eh? And since it's nowhere near April, not a joke.
    Does...does this mean he is trying to make BB the mascot of this department?
    I mean, I get it, AI and all = software, but..why?
    Curious.
    BB's power has grown too great and she's reaching beyond the 4th wall to try and usurp Saber's status as the face of the Franchise.

She must be stopped.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    She must be stopped.
    Funny that the mascot for TYPE-MOON is King Arthur, who has no associations with the moon.

Not only is BB a superior choice, she's also from the moon. Course correction,
    BB
    baby.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Funny that the mascot for TYPE-MOON is King Arthur, who has no associations with the moon.

Not only is BB a superior choice, she's also from the moon. Course correction,
    BB
    baby.
    IIRC Gawain's stuff sometimes mentions that Seiba is connected to the moon like he is to the sun though I'm not sure where Nasu got that from.

Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    IIRC Gawain's stuff sometimes mentions that Seiba is connected to the moon like he is to the sun though I'm not sure where Nasu got that from.
    Wasn’t that some Art-X and Artemis stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Huh, BB eh? And since it's nowhere near April, not a joke. Does...does this mean he is trying to make BB the mascot of this department? I mean, I get it, AI and all = software, but..why? Curious.
    間違いなく、『studio BBの立ち上げを喜んでいるランキング』トップ5に入るのは自分です。 でも『studio BB』って……嬉しいけど……BBって……(笑)
    "Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as anyone to see Studio BB get off the ground. But... that name... I'm happy, but... why did it have to be BB, lol"

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    "Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as anyone to see Studio BB get off the ground. But... that name... I'm happy, but... why did it have to be BB, lol"
    It's the kouhai company
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if this is intended to be a way to ensure a secondary revenue stream just in case some of the new laws restricting gacha based reward systems start going into effect
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I wonder if this is intended to be a way to ensure a secondary revenue stream just in case some of the new laws restricting gacha based reward systems start going into effect
    That is a good point, if things end up putting a tighter squeeze on the industry, then they may have to *gasp* put forth funding on making games with fulfilling content instead of infinite cash dumps for .jpgs of waifus and husbandos.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; August 30th, 2019 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I'm thinking it's more so that they can always retain the source code. Isn't it basically impossible for them to port/rerelease/remaster Extra and CCC because the original company folded? While Extra might not bring in a ton nowadays, CCC easily could if it got remastered on PS4 or Switch or something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Unlimited Codes TWO

And yeah this
    This is what I'm hoping for as well! And even if I don't get that, the prospect of TM games (unless it's another fucking gacha mobage, in that case they can fuck off) is a welcome one either way! I'm excited about this! ^^

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Nino Kazuya is a pretty huge get for TM, so looking forward to what they produce while he's working there. Expecting a lot of announcements in the coming decade (Fate/Builders pls)

The naming of the studio makes sense given his history with Fate/Extra, but still, lol

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    I'm thinking it's more so that they can always retain the source code. Isn't it basically impossible for them to port/rerelease/remaster Extra and CCC because the original company folded? While Extra might not bring in a ton nowadays, CCC easily could if it got remastered on PS4 or Switch or something.
    I don't know exactly how much Imageepoch going out of business affected the accessibility for TM to the game code and assets (I would guess not much, since they should own all the relevant rights in such a scenario) but yeah, I do think this studio forming will make any potential port/remaster of Extra or CCC a more seamless process than it would be otherwise. Even a dual remaster release of Extra+CCC would bring in a nice chunk of money, although I would hope they might go full on with a remake for the games or a sequel instead (not likely, but nice to think about).
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

Blog Entries
    Not sure if I should rejoice.

So this is the orifice from which new Fate kusoge will emerge from now on. Very excited!

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Probably the place where Nasu will go after completing FGO part 2
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Probably the place where Nasu will go after completing FGO part 2
    There are things one shouldn't joke about, my friend.

Blog Entries
    if its a just a studio announcement and since they are still hiring and not announcing any projects
    its safe to just forget about its existence for 3-5 years until studio actually has something to show

US Friend Code
    Unlimited Codes TWO

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    if its a just a studio announcement and since they are still hiring and not announcing any projects
    its safe to just forget about its existence for 3-5 years until studio actually has something to show
    And yeah this