Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: TYPE-MOON Studio BB

Eiyuu Senki but, uhhhhh

Blog Entries
    ...not malnourished lolis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    eh, Eiyuu Senki lack the replayability and sandbox aspects of Sengoku Rance that makes it fun.

Blog Entries
    Eiyuu senki didn’t have rance though, so that was much better.

im actually not kidding. Sengoku was a great game but it’s weakest part was the protagonist. It felt like the writers spent half of every scene just trying to work around him.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Well, I was speaking purely from its gameplay alone. Like how others throwing titles they thought was good, I doubt they are expecting the story and protagonist to be the same with those games.

Blog Entries
    I was just making a point that eiyuu had better writing then rance, even if rance had better gameplay.

and that’s not a great look for rance seeing as how the dialogue in eiyuu was like 90% freeform comedy skits

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    But Sengoku Rance is just Nobunaga's Greed with rape, and we already have a Nobunaga's Greed ripoff event without rape going on in FGO right now!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Oh, Gihren's Greed(s) are great too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    eh, Eiyuu Senki lack the replayability and sandbox aspects of Sengoku Rance that makes it fun.
    Unlike the anime, Rance games lack voices, though. There are quite a few games that looked interesting to me, such as Detective Girl of Steam City, until I realized that they were not voiced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    ...not malnourished lolis?
    Not a fan of Oyari Ashito?

Blog Entries
    Lack of voices is a selling point

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    by Kinoko nasu, 2012

Blog Entries
    I have a theory that people who grew up playing Dragon Quest hate voices in games and people who grew up playing Final Fantasy fucking luv 'em, prove me wrong

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was a Suikoden/Wild Arms/FF/Star Ocean dude, so I can take it or leave it since I grew up with both.

The one who absolutely dislike their headcanon voice usurped sound like dirty self-inserters.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; May 14th, 2020 at 05:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    I grew up on final fantasy and didn’t play a dragon quest game till either the cell phone version of 8 or DQ9, can’t remember which

voices are eh. Sometimes they are great (mass effect) sometimes they are awful (anything after FF10)

I like English VAs in game. Game like Fate which let me control the speed of the writing are fine but games with action with JP VAs only and only subbed are a really pain because I can't keep up so I need to either replay over and over again, have a friend read it to me, find on youtube, or skip a bit of the story.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    https://note.com/studiobb/n/ne261c375003f

Nice to meet you, I'm Takenouchi Yoshikazu, and my fateful bonds led to me working as the new art director for Studio BB.
    My job involves mainly designing concept art, backgrounds, and assets.

I have experience working with President Takeuchi in Fate/Grand Order and with Director Niinou and Writer Tsukuda in Dragon Quest Builders 2, and due to these bonds, they called me to work with them on whatever project they're currently making.

In this industry it's common to meet again the people you're bonded to... but I never expected this to be how it would go (sweats).
    Now I'm here and I have to do a good job wherever I go to preserve and connect more bonds.

Well, now seems like a good time to show some of the art I did for Fate/Grand Order.

This set are rough sketches used for Part 2 Chapter 4, the Yuga Kshehtra arc.
    When I first started drawing this art, I kept getting wild ideas and the respective story writer incorporated a lot of them into canon.

This is rough indoor assets for Part 2 Chapter 5, the Atlantis/Olimpus arc.
    The worldbuilding shared between both arcs was already defined from the start, so I remember needing to ask the respective story writer(s) a lot about how far I was allowed to mess around with the line of design.

Here's another art I did for the Atlantis/Olympus arc.
    This was produced long before the chapter, so my memory about it is not very detailed, but I remember I had the time of my life drawing this one. (laughs)
    This big crystal-ish mountain filling most of the screen was designed after Mt. Olympus.

As for the project I'm currently working on, I again got the wildest ideas in my conversations with Director Niinou, so I was officialized for jobs and it's time for me to make a few pieces of concept art like the ones I just presented.

Due to the current state of national emergency, the meetings and the art processing are being done online but everything is running at a relatively steadier pace.

We on the staff are all working diligently, looking forward to the day we can present you with an enjoyable experience.
    Give our games a try whenever they are complete.

Art director: Takenouchi Yoshikazu
    Last edited by Comun; April 12th, 2024 at 08:37 AM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I sure wish more of those Yuga Kshetra designs were actually utilized within the chapter. The final version of the chapter was a bit lacking in terms of memorable stage pieces.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    I like English VAs in game. Game like Fate which let me control the speed of the writing are fine but games with action with JP VAs only and only subbed are a really pain because I can't keep up so I need to either replay over and over again, have a friend read it to me, find on youtube, or skip a bit of the story.
    Same, Persona has good english VA.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile Dynasty warriors become worse and worse. DW6 has the best voice acting
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Same, Persona has good english VA.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile Dynasty warriors become worse and worse. DW6 has the best voice acting
    DW English VAs gave up when people realized that they could just use the Chinese VAs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    https://note.com/studiobb/n/nf3a12ee83c53

Nice to meet you, I'm Ueyama the programmer.
    It's an honor to be joining Studio BB.

I'm here due to my previous connections with mr. Niinou, as we already worked together developing Last Ranker and Black Rock Shooter: The Game for a company named Image Epoch.
    Both titles were extremely enriching experiences, leaving so much of an impression that I could say they formed my future development philosophy.
    When I was hoping for a chance to work with Niinou one more time, destiny brought us together again.

My previous work is comprised mainly of developing apps and their client software.

My most recent job has been programming some of the missions in Ace Combat 7: Skyes Unknown.
    I have a bad habit of commenting on any detail I notice, and this usually ends with me having to do someone else's work to fix the detail I pointed out. Ace Combat 7 was a project where this habit of mine allowed me to experience an impressive variety of fields in game development, more so than any other before.
    That was the largest project I've ever worked on, and I'm very lucky to have contributed to it as I could. It gave me the confidence I need.

Up until now, I aimed to be a programmer that does anything. But Studio BB, with our low member count, is a work environment where I have to do not only anything but everything.
    I need to see the big picture of the projects I'm involved in and I'm not expecting it to be easy, but I'm excited to learn everything I can learn here.

Studio BB is currently starting work on a new in-house title.
    Please wait, as we are still going to need a lot of time.

Programmer: Tooru Ueyama