Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23283132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: TYPE-MOON Studio BB

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    They're putting CCC into the game too they're just protecting it with a cheat code.
    burn your dread you coward

Boy I sure love using less than a minute of gameplay footage to judge whether an entire game will be good or not.

Blog Entries
    I've already played the entire game actually. That's the problem.

And you've played zero of this title, so you've zero knowledge of what this game's gameplay is actually like. If your problem is you've already played the game and don't care to experience the exact same thing that's fine, but the director of this new studio wanted to make another attempt at his first Fate title with a new battle system and some event changes for old fans and to introduce new fans. The remake is one of three main projects that will connect with the other two, you can simply wait for those if you want something new.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't share Sione's hatred for OG Extra but starting the studio with a remake really is pretty lame.

If the guy heading this wasn't involved with Etrian Odyssey I'd have zero interest in Record.

Considering EO1 came out before Extra I don't know if using that as a point of interest is the best idea personally.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    I mean, what the current situation boils down to is waiting 2+ years for an uninteresting retread project and then waiting 5+ years for an actually interesting and new project.

That just sounds like the perpetual state of a TM fan, so the situation doesn't really change, I suppose.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    False.

The worst they could have done is FGO 2.0: Strange Fake.
    Not the worst, but infinitely close.

I think the remake could've been cool if they were more risky with it and added new things. Maybe some new servants to change parts of the story or something. A remaking of the combat system would've been a welcome addition as well. Too bad it seems like they're just doing a frame by frame remake that doesn't really need to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeLord View Post
    I think the remake could've been cool if they were more risky with it and added new things. Maybe some new servants to change parts of the story or something. A remaking of the combat system would've been a welcome addition as well. Too bad it seems like they're just doing a frame by frame remake that doesn't really need to be made.
    They ARE remaking the combat system.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastor View Post
    Considering EO1 came out before Extra I don't know if using that as a point of interest is the best idea personally.
    Why not? The dungeon design in Extra wasn't awful either, there was just a severe lack of things to do besides fighting random mooks.
    EO is great on that front, so I'm hoping he'll bring in some of that since they're updating the gameplay quite a bit, as the combat has shown us.

It looks interesting, I'm glad that they decided to change it. I just checked and they announced that back like two years ago. I have no idea how I managed to miss that until now lol. Just disregard that part of the post.

we saw tooo little to call it a "fame by frame remake" lol

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Why not? The dungeon design in Extra wasn't awful either, there was just a severe lack of things to do besides fighting random mooks.
    EO is great on that front, so I'm hoping he'll bring in some of that since they're updating the gameplay quite a bit, as the combat has shown us.
    Was more referring to the combat system, since EO absolutely shits over OG Extra in that regard and that came after. They are confirmed to be adding more side quests in Record so there should be more stuff to do, but obviously it's not going to be on the level of map charting that EO is infamous for.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    I mean, what the current situation boils down to is waiting 2+ years for an uninteresting retread project and then waiting 5+ years for an actually interesting and new project.

That just sounds like the perpetual state of a TM fan, so the situation doesn't really change, I suppose.
    Are you kidding? 2+ years for a remake is breakneck for a TM fan who waited 10 years on Tsuki:Re.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Alo, more it takess, less chance of being frame by frame remake

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastor View Post
    Was more referring to the combat system, since EO absolutely shits over OG Extra in that regard and that came after. They are confirmed to be adding more side quests in Record so there should be more stuff to do, but obviously it's not going to be on the level of map charting that EO is infamous for.
    Oh yeah I don't expect anything even remotely close to EO when it comes to combat, I'm mostly hoping for interesting events and exploration puzzles in the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Alo, more it takess, less chance of being frame by frame remake
    The more fromsoft games that are released the higher the chances of nasu rewriting the entire game

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nasu is not a member of Studio BB.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    The more fromsoft games that are released the higher the chances of nasu rewriting the entire game
    Let's pray he does.