Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: TYPE-MOON Studio BB

JP Friend Code
    Yes it could be

Blog Entries
    They also apparently hired some folks from Square Enix recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is going to announce a new project or headway on old ones. Considering it's in both English and Japanese, whatever project that might be is unlikely to be an FGO collab due to the lag between regions. It's probably either a remake of something in or connected to EXTRA, a new game in the line, or a localization of an old one... and considering the JP version of the site and the chosen venue itself, localization alone seems unlikely too.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm betting it's just Extra + CCC remaster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Seems the most likely, yeah.

A little underwhelming, but it's Type-Moon. It's to be expected.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; July 14th, 2020 at 03:27 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    pACHinko MacHInE

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I am too. But like I said in my last post it having an English option on the website is curious; if it is a remaster then maybe it'll get a translation (and a retranslation for OG Extra?)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Depends on who's bringing it over I guess. Being able to use the old translation would make it much easier for a new team to translate CCC.
    Didn't the company that translated Extra allow XSEED to use their script during the translation of Extella? I vaguely remember reading something like this on a localization blog from them.

Granted, there's a huge difference between allowing your script to be referenced in a new, different translation, and allowing it to just be used again, so regardless, I doubt there's any chance of us seeing the old translation unchanged. Hell, if XSEED gets it, I'm sure they'd rather retranslate it so it's consistent with Extella.

US Friend Code
    At the bare minimum they'd probably change the Extra translation's terms to the more standard translations. Heroic Spirit instead of Legendary Soul, Tohsaka instead of Tousaka, etc.

Blog Entries
    The real meme is that it's actually a Tsuki Remake announcement, but yeah, this is probably a retranslation and global rerelease of the first 2 Extra games. Though who knows; might be a new game or remake of Extra with some FGO/Anime and later lore backed into it. Any number of things this could be, really. The hype-oriented design seems like it'd be wasted on a minor announcement to me.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    EXTRA's story but with good gameplay

Blog Entries
    Hey, I might actually finish it then! There's only so much RPS I can take before it gets boring.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    EXTRA's story but with good gameplay
    Extras story but with good story

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    https://note.com/studiobb/n/n42efdc5019ec

Hello.
    I'm Yanagi, the project manager.

Since July we've been introducing our staff members one per month, and with me that all of them. Here's the links to all of them.

Now, about me, Yanagi, the project manager.
    I worked PR and administration for Square Enix's online games. Most members of the Studio BB staff are people who worked with Niinou before, so I believe some of already guessed I'd be connected through Square Enix. I'd be wrong about that! I never personally met Niinou before (I have a vague feeling we worked on the same floor on the Square Enix office but we'll never know...), so our work together here started from introducing ourselves.

Since we're such a small team, I'll have to handle both the progress management and the PR. I look forward to my opportunities to share Studio BB's developing process, state and even some pre-release screenshots with you all.

The present state of Studio BB

How's Studio BB like?

Let's move on to my report on the state of Studio BB.

All 7 of our members are working with gusto! is what I'd say under ideal circumstances, but with the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) on the news everyday, society is going through a big period of anxiety. Due to this situation, we from Studio BB have been working from home since the start of March.

Comes April with no signs of life returning to normality, and we even officially go into an
    state of emergency.
    We had to seriously consider a long-term home office practice, and rearranged our houses so we could work from home just as efficiently was we could work from the office.

Later the state of emergency was lifted, but as you know, we're still in a situation where we can't afford to be careless.
    Since we from Studio BB already have all the setup we need to perfectly communicate as a team, and because this work model is more convenient for everyone involved, we decided to keep working from home going forward.

Please do not worry, as our development is progressing without a hitch!

What's Studio BB doing?
    I can't give you a concrete title yet, but we're currently doing 2 game projects.

One of them is a joint project with another developer, who has been collaborating with us since late 2019.
    We're holding web meetings with members of both companies every day while we make our progress.

The other one is a smaller project that Studio BB can complete on its own, from our starting point in 2020.
    We're currently testing engines and 3DCG softwares to see if we can implement what we want, while still being open to reconsider what lore elements and gameplay can use.

Niinou already explained the direction Studio BB games are going to take, so please read it if you're interested.

...and that's pretty much all I have to report on how things are in Studio BB.
    Look forward to future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    So, given the 10th on the web address and that the countdown reaches zero on July 22nd, we are getting something to celebrate Extra's release 10th anniversary?
    Tbh, the only thing that could get me interested is if Charlie has more screentime in whatever they are announcing, otherwise I'm also not excited for more extraverse
    I forgot the Extras released on the 22nd. I think then they will announce a game related to Extra. I mean CCC is likely where the name BB started. Maybe they will pull what Final Fantisy VII did and remake the first two for the PS4/PS5 even add content that was original dropped meaning a chance for the Sakura Five or add an english voice dub. Admitly that would be a long shot I would just like to finaly play CCC.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    I forgot the Extras released on the 22nd. I think then they will announce a game related to Extra. I mean CCC is likely where the name BB started. Maybe they will pull what Final Fantisy VII did and remake the first two for the PS4/PS5 even add content that was original dropped meaning a chance for the Sakura Five or add an english voice dub. Admitly that would be a long shot I would just like to finaly play CCC.
    If they that's what we're getting, they should go all the way in the "restore unused content" route and put Nightingale in CCC.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Extra had good story and decent gameplay, y'alls be hatin.'
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Story was okay, music too. But gameplay was honestly boring after a while, specially since I felt that I was doing the same thing over and over again. I remember I fell asleep while playing it LOL. CCC was far more fun, though it still suffers from the RNG aspect in the gameplay which I wasn't a fan of in the first game.

Honestly, I would be okay with a port since I would rather play those games on PC and not on a dead console, but I hope they do more than just port them. And if it brings CCC, then oh boy.
    Last edited by Oz1337; July 15th, 2020 at 06:51 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Story was decent. Not on par with FSN of course, but still serviceable. Music was honestly the best part of it, and my one gripe with CCC was that it didn't use the same jazz/techno style (though that admittedly might not have worked as well with CCC's tone, and I do like some of CCC's original songs like "Love is Like Poison" and "Anima Ataraxia")

Main stickler is the gameplay is a boring, repetitive grind-fest. Guessing/memorizing enemy patterns is somewhat interesting but then you can basically ignore that aspect completely in the latter half of the game once you can heal your Servant's MP and just spam special moves that prioritize over normal moves. If we are getting an actual remake, my hope is that they'd completely revamp the battle system. Not sure what they'd revamp it into but it does need to be changed. Also change the dungeons so that they're actually interesting to navigate and not just a labyrinth of tunnels.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, just add CCC features like automating battles you've already clearly figured out the pattern for, and sprinkle in some spice with optional cameo bosses and such.

Or add all the Sakuras that couldn't be added to make everything right.