Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 712151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: [Hollow Moon] Mahoutsukai no Yoru Translation Project

The lines in the trailer were the exact same as original it seems, so should just be HD assets + voice acting most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    The lines in the trailer were the exact same as original it seems, so should just be HD assets + voice acting most likely.
    Should be relatively easy to bolt onto the existing engine then, no?

(emphasis on relative)

Let's just say… Unlike the Vita, we can dump the assets of the Switch version as soon as it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Let's just say… Unlike the Vita, we can dump the assets of the Switch version as soon as it is released.
    the magic of fusee gelee

Blog Entries
    I keep wondering at this point what would be the best alternative: HD assets + voice patch on PC, or just bolting on the existing TL to Switch. Not sure how time consuming that is, though.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I keep wondering at this point what would be the best alternative: HD assets + voice patch on PC, or just bolting on the existing TL to Switch. Not sure how time consuming that is, though.
    Most of the work can be reused from the Fate/hollow Ataraxia voice and HD patch.

There is also a port of Kirikiri to Switch and we plan on using that for our patch so that it can be played on Switch.

Blog Entries
    What do you mean work can be reused? Do you have libraries for exporting/importing you'll adapt to the new custom engine? I imagine they'd work on Mahoyo PC by default. Only problem I can think of is resolution.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

What do you mean work can be reused? Do you have libraries for exporting/importing you'll adapt to the new custom engine? I imagine they'd work on Mahoyo PC by default. Only problem I can think of is resolution.
    We already wrote tools for voice insertion for HuneX.

Fate/hollow ataraxia Vita used HuneX.
    Tsukihime Remake Switch used HuneX.

We predict Mahoutsukai no Yoru CS version will use HuneX.

As for the resolution, we already solved those problems with the Fate/stay night Ultimate Edition Patch and the experimental Fate/hollow Ataraxia Voice Patch.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; January 1st, 2022 at 05:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Oh, fair enough. Haven't read any of those versions, so it slipped my mind. Also, is the TsukiRe HuneX a custom version, is HuneX itself a custom engine, or was the person I read calling TsukiRe's engine custom, wrong?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Oh, fair enough. Haven't read any of those versions, so it slipped my mind. Also, is the TsukiRe HuneX a custom version, is HuneX itself a custom engine, or was the person I read calling TsukiRe's engine custom, wrong?
    HuneX engine is used in many console releases of games.

A list of some of the games they worked on is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HuneX

Greetings.

I bookmarked this topic (And other topics regarding the translation of holy night) a long, long time ago. I finally registered today to tell you about how important your work is in my opinion, as Im sure many have done before me.

I played this visual novel for the first few translated chapters that were up for years long before I played through Fate Stay/Night. Maybe aside from Umineko, I had never played something so visually, audioesque stunning. The action scenes with the absolutely breathtaking animations and hauntingly marvelous soundtracks were among the best VN-experiences I ever had. I loved the characters and I liked the story.

Then I learned there was no finished translation of the game. Another year passed. Another year. Another years.
    I cannot - for the life of me - understand how this can be. I mean, I understood after long researches and discussions why Fate/Stay Night was never officially translated until we had at least the fantranslated realta nua, but how Witch of the Holy Night, a short(?) visual novel that is so TREMENDOUSLY superior to Stay/Night in almost every aspect imo and is generally probably the highest value visual novel I ever played, is not FAR more known and translated since YEARS is beyond me. Im glad there's finally coming an anime adaption as I heard, but I slowly lost hope in the translation over the last few years.

Then this thread came along. I didnt really follow it closely, just checked in every few months, so I dont know who exactly is responsible and involved now, if you guys are a big team, I dont care if french to englishg is a bit more unprecise than japanese to english, I just wanted to say:

THANK YOU.
    An english version of Mahoyo is something the world needed and wanted for so many years that I hope you guys will get the righteous fame and support you deserve. You will enable so many passionate fans to finish and discover this great piece of art, so thank you for your work!!

I will look extremely forward to the release and will probably lets play it on my channel to share it with some more people.
    Sorry for my english, not my first language.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi,
    since the french TL is now completed, can we expect a preliminary complete patch or do you want to wait, until you have finished the missing JP-TL chapters, too? (Please do not be offended. You are heroes!)

Unlike at the very start of the project, there will be no partial patches, regardless of progress, no. Work is progressing steadily and the full patch will be released all at once when the entire thing is ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just wanted to say thank you for sticking with this project, and I'm grateful that eventually this VN will be playable so I can ignore Ufotable's adaptation until I've read the full thing which wouldn't be possible without this translation.

Keep up the good work.

How many hours is the play time of the translated chapters 1-8? Thanks for the continuous translation. (●´ω`●)

I am looking forward to this VN as well, been wanting to read it for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khronus View Post
    How many hours is the play time of the translated chapters 1-8? Thanks for the continuous translation. (●´ω`●)
    The whole main story is 20 hours long and the first 4 chapters are very short. Add some a couple of evenings if you want to read the extra scenes too

What are chances that it would be released before anime is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    What are chances that it would be released before anime is out?
    As usual, there is no ETA.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For neither the translation or the movie.