Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223 LastLast

Thread: [Hollow Moon] Mahoutsukai no Yoru Translation Project

Quote Originally Posted by AleNoire View Post
    Uh, are u guys ok? Is the project going on?
    The project is still ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    The project is still ongoing.
    What this means, is that the project is no longer ongoing and is frozen in place, practically DoA, because of the clowns at the head.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Man created an account and chose violence.
    burn your dread you coward

It's clearly a sock. But WHO?!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    I don't know about you but this has been amazing for me. It's like seeing the live Jokerification of a man. Just watch.

Here we see our hero at the beginning of his journey, not yet tainted by the reality of our cruel world, he charges on ahead, bright, optimistic, full of hope and possibility. A blank slate, a fledgling barely out of the nest, as seen by the bird emoji.

Our intrepid hero remains ever positive and optimistic, but must rely on his own thoughts and ideas of what he might do once the Promised Day arrives in order to keep himself sane. Unbeknownst to him, the cracks in the foundation of his hope have already begun to form.

This is it. This is the exact moment where the weight begins to bear and a collapse becomes a definite possibility. Unable to simply remain optimistic, our hero provides a strict deadline for the Promised Day. Little did he know, it would not be met. This is the last time a member of the translation project responds to him, an echo he would keep chasing for the rest of his life.

Our hero is doubtful of the progress of the project, wondering out loud what the status is. However, he is still confident that they can meet the deadline of the Promised Day.
    Yet... the day would not come.

STAGE 1: Denial.

Our hero's spirit shatters. From his view, his idols must have become his villains.

STAGE 2: ANGER
    His faith is lost. He has now resorted to calling the translation 'fake'. After now, he has now realized the Promised Day will not come for him. He must wait for it. Yet, unable to handle this revelation, his fate is sealed, and the trip to insanity is no longer merely a possibility, but a guarantee.
    Namelesss' fun Translation Deadline Predictions were just the prologue for the new status quo of Namelesss' TORMENTOUS NIGHTMARE

It's on now. Our villain has swung twice in quick succession. Yet he will find for this is not the last time he will receive no response or acknowledgement. Instead, all he receives is confirmation that his efforts were in vain. The last thing needed to finally break his mind.

If you listen closely, you can actively hear him snap.

This is the last echoes of his sane mind, begging them to forgive him for what horrifying acts he will commit now that he is unable to act with restraint.

Bargaining, and then a threat. Our villain has become so unhinged, he progresses to the next stage of grief, then swiftly goes back to the previous one in neck breaking pace. A rare move, almost unheard of, known as the DYING MAN'S REVERSAL. It's said that few can accomplish it, and even fewer can block its A+ damage.

Still solidly in the stage of anger after Reversal, he is unable to restrain himself, and snaps back at an innocent bystander, violently assaulting him for denying him his reprieve from this nightmare. Accosted by a member of the authority, he finds himself rejected by the very society that made him into the broken man he has become, and finally becomes utterly inconsolable.

A three minute long record of the last descent into madness, barely comprehensible to any but those on the same Texture as this raving madman. Seeing the confusion expressed by his few
    onlookers
    peers
    , his response is more intellectually comprehensible, though no less befuddling from a personal perspective.

It is often said that the insane, when deprived of speech, can only express themselves through images, all other mediums of communication cut off from them by their own suffering. What will the historians of the future, when faced with this image, interpret it? What will they think of us?

And finally, at present, our villain has been reduced to nothing but incontrollable, incomprehensible gibberish. Where will his misadventures take us next? Will he put on clown makeup, sit down next to the translators, and ask "How about another joke, vimiani?" We can only watch on in horror as his condition deteriorates further and further. Oh, the humanity!
    Reading this while listening to FF7 sephiroth theme feels like destiny

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

April 1st Ah.I don't remember what caused the whim to start reading this a few days ago nor the why I thought I should read it without voices first to get the og experience?Ah well when I reached ch10 which is were I believe translation ends for now I decided to look for a voice patch so I could hear the voices after finishing the ch.I saw a thread on fuwa but it's down so I came here and learned that finished patch will drop on April 1st.
    Why couldn't my whim come a day late Ah well if you read this for some reason I will give you a tip.
    Go get a tea set or just a cup and the storing thing from the same set and something that will make tea when boil in water make it as your soul tells you it shall enhance your experience of reading this vn greatly.Mine is probably not good well it's drinkable while reading it helps immersion if nothing else.

the thing on fuwanovel is only about the french and jp voice patches for pc not english, and those patches are very buggy. the only english voice patch for pc is private rip 4 u

Blog Entries
    Is the official localization really that bad?

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Is the official localization really that bad?
    Not really, no.

The full release came with some additional oddities, and it's important to remember that although this is far and away probably the best official translation we have of any TM media (maybe, could be forgetting something else here), there's stuff that it does forego, like accurate tone and metre in prose, though that's also a fairly difficult thing to carry over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Except for the issue of the translation chopping off additional lines. And the weird Americanizations that are unnecessary.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What does weird Ameracanizations mean again?

unwillingness to get sued for trademark infringement

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Localizing for any American terms. Accept Brittish spellings only (I don't use Brittish spellings).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Things like removing British tea jokes for one.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I assumed the Tea joke was more of a licensing issue than Americanizations.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I get what you mean here, but if I were Aniplex, I also wouldn't pay Fortnum & Mason royalties for a one-off namedrop. That'd be a really dumb waste of money.

Making up some random bootleg name like Portnum & Myson also works, but just calling it "tea" is as good a solution as any for the legal annoyances.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, the most annoying Americanisation is the conversion of all measurements to imperial units. As someone who has never used imperial units willingly, I have no frame of reference for what they mean and have to pull out a calculator to convert them back again.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you need more FREEDOM in your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, imperial units are an unforgivable sin.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Honestly, the most annoying Americanisation is the conversion of all measurements to imperial units. As someone who has never used imperial units willingly, I have no frame of reference for what they mean and have to pull out a calculator to convert them back again.
    I agree.
    Nasu works to me are always in メートル. When I think about distances for fight scenes, its never in feet.
    As an aside, I think that Narita should have used imperial for Strange Fake which is set in the US. He did not.

But in terms of localization, I think its slightly disappointing, but fine. Mahoyo was translated by MURICANs likely for a MURICAN audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.