Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: [Hollow Moon] Mahoutsukai no Yoru Translation Project

Just saw the trailer you guys posted. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to it!

US Friend Code
    While we have previously released chapters as we finished working on them, this was mostly a result of our lack of initial structure in the project. Now that we are more structured, we have decided to only release the remaining chapters once all the remaining chapters are translated, including the re-translation of chapters 1-7, so as to not release content in a trickle. We will continue to update you through progress updates, so rest assured you'll still see the same progress being made. However, to honor our earlier promise, we will still release chapter 9 and 10 once they finalize.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You know, I didn't realized but when the full translation come out, I can always just replay mahoyo again and again because for some reason it feels like I get to re live those experiences or make news one. As well as appreciating every moment even more bit by bit. Oh yeah and of course definitely going to be trying to replay it again in December

Keep up the good work, literally magicians.

so when does Beo show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    so when does [...] show up?
    Halfway through 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Hello
    I'm a French native speaker

May I help you?

Quote Originally Posted by Blotan View Post
    Hello
    I'm a French native speaker

May I help you?
    They aren't accepting applications right now

I'm so excited! I also came by to check on everyone and hope they stay safe out here with the pandemic and such. Will be nice to have chapter 9 and 10 to read while we are stuck up in the house. Can't wait to read everyone's hard work!

US Friend Code
    Updated the OP with more details about the project, I'd like if someone could remove the "French to English" part of the thread title since it is not too accurate anymore.

Teaser of a side project…

I'm encountering an error when I try to download the most recent update (Chapter 8.5.) The last update I had downloaded was Chapter 8, and that works just fine for me, but when I try to drag and drop the new English patch files (the ones up to Ch 8.5) into /savedata/patches, when I try to open the game, I receive this message: https://imgur.com/a/tOP6dpa

I've gone through the installation guide, tried mounting the ISO, and that didn't work. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?
    Last edited by Saber Alter; August 22nd, 2020 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber Alter View Post
    I'm encountering an error when I try to download the most recent update (Chapter 8.5.) The last update I had downloaded was Chapter 8, and that works just fine for me, but when I try to drag and drop the new English patch files (the ones up to Ch 8.5) into /savedata/patches, when I try to open the game, I receive this message: https://imgur.com/a/tOP6dpa

I've gone through the installation guide, tried mounting the ISO, and that didn't work. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?
    Replace "魔法使いの夜.tpm" in folder "plugin" in the installation directory with this.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Replace "魔法使いの夜.tpm" in folder "plugin" in the installation directory with this.
    It worked, thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by vimiani View Post
    Updated the OP with more details about the project, I'd like if someone could remove the "French to English" part of the thread title since it is not too accurate anymore.
    Bumping so a mod maybe sees this. Dunno if tagging names does something on this board tbh but I know @Leftovers reads this thread at least once in a blue moon so here goes nothing.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

I can change it to "Frenchoyo", does that work?

Just "Mahoutsukai no Yoru Translation Project - Chapter 8.5 released" is fine for now, thank you, but we'll keep "Frenchoyo" in mind for a later release.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Unfortunately I am a BL ultranationalist and hold a grudge over your group perpetuating the /tmg/ meme that McJon's translation is bad, so "Mahoutsukai no Yoru French to English *(with Japanese TLC) Translation Project" is the best I can do.

*parenthesis placement provisional

Well, at this point it really is a JP>EN translation, just using the french script as a base for a first pass because it frees up a lot of brainpower not having to think of how to creatively phrase something, rather than just keeping tone/metre/intent the same. It's effectively just an invocation of Cunningham's law in the context of translation, where a possibly slightly incorrect French script serves as the basis which only needs to be slightly altered or built upon, instead of having to choose from the countless options that working straight from JP to EN would present. Rather than relying on the French script being correct at all, we're only relying on it to be close enough in meaning that we can easily edit it into what it should be.

So nay, I contest your offer and refer back to my original request.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

You could have JP speakers editing google translate output into a perfect English translation and you'd still need to make that distinction regarding your process. When the Realta Nua Ultimate Version project nearly got punted to Doujin Projects over questions of whether the editors had taken liberties with which lines of text to include or exclude in the default text, and while your project still uses the French translation as a basis, I find the distinction as accurate and warranted as when OP first made it. And it's not like it's bad publicity, right?

So that's an image of an anime girl holding a sign that signifies refusal from me, fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    And it's not like it's bad publicity, right?
    Well, in a sense I'd argue that it is. Ignoring the time when we announced we weren't using "magecaft" anything, most negative discussion has come about as a result of merely seeing the FR>EN part and deciding that the project is bad because double translations are bad. And I'm certain nobody involved in this project would call it a double translation at this point, as what I mentioned earlier is the workflow now. That's why I don't really understand how you can find it as warranted as when the thread was first created, since the workflow has changed drastically since then.

But either way, the main point was to remove the implication of double translation in the thread title so you're free to change it to whatever you think best reflect the project as is now.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no