Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: [Hollow Moon] Mahoutsukai no Yoru Translation Project

Chapter 8.5 was funny af. First time shizuki encountered despair in the city, also heartwarming session between friends.
    I guess fate always lacked normal Characters like Tobi. They didn't get much screen time. Mohoyo really fleshed out the side Characters

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Chapter 8.5 was funny af. First time shizuki encountered despair in the city, also heartwarming session between friends.
    I guess fate always lacked normal Characters like Tobi. They didn't get much screen time. Mohoyo really fleshed out the side Characters
    And the most special thing is that Shizuki actually doubts whether doing good things will actually do good, unlike Shirou. I hope there will be more of such throughout the story.

Shirou is lacking as a human.
    He only became human in heaven's feel route. He gained things he lost.
    On contrast shizuki is learning adapting in here.
    They are different characters with different encounters so it's fine imo

"Mahou Tsukai No Yoru is over for now.
    The sequel will come one day, somewhere, when the shooting stars will fall and twinkle in your hearts." - Kiniko Nasu, 2012

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serrak View Post
    "Mahou Tsukai No Yoru is over for now.
    The sequel will come one day, somewhere, when the shooting stars will fall and twinkle in your hearts." - Kiniko Nasu, 2012

Uh no no no, everyone here(probably) knows how it goes with "Tsukihime" remake, thus we shouldn't deceive ourselves with new promises anymore. Definetely. Absolutely.
    Spoiler:
    But the possibility is here right? There is still hope right? The waiting will worth it in the end right? Papa Nasu still cares about our feeling right? Right? RIGHT!!???

- - - Updated - - -

Shirou is lacking as a human.
    He only became human in heaven's feel route. He gained things he lost.
    On contrast shizuki is learning adapting in here.
    They are different characters with different encounters so it's fine imo
    Also, yeah, true. Shirou is more of an exception, because his background is... well, tragic and twisted. Shizuki just lacks knowledge on human charity and good deeds because he's a country boy.
    Last edited by JusticeAmongSwords; June 16th, 2020 at 03:13 AM.

Changing his "origin" into "sword" is like killing a person and reviving him as zombie.
    Also Aoko and Alice gives more mage like feel than tohsaka (only sane mage in fsn)
    I felt all mage should burn in hell after finishing fate stay night lol

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's only Shirou's magical alignment/magic circuits/"origin" in that sense that's being changed. His actual Origin was Sword all along.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    It's only Shirou's magical alignment/magic circuits/"origin" in that sense that's being changed. His actual Origin was Sword all along.
    Is that so?
    don't quote me on this

I am preety sure it was said in novel as well as in interview that Avalon turned his "origin" into sword

- - - Updated - - -

There is no such thing as magic circuit's origin.
    You have only one origin.
    Whether you have magic circuits or not doesn't matter

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries

He means the distinction between magic affinity and origin.

Rin is average one, having five elements. It's not her origin.
    Sakura was imaginary numbers, but the Matou wormpit changed it to water I believe. Neither are her origin.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

There is no such thing as magic circuit's origin.
    I'am pretty sure AAM was talking about how in Magi's vision, they call Magical Alignment as "Origin" too.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMIII
    Origin: The orientation of something at the time that it sprang into existence. An Origin is what defines an existence as
    itself. In magical contexts, it is also used to refer to one's magical alignment.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSN Prologue
    So that leaves only one method open to me.According to Kiritsugu, every person has at least one form of magic they are fit for. He said something about drawing out magical energy appropriate to their "origin", but I didn't really understand.

Well affinity and origin are different things so it kinda caused the misunderstanding. Regardless shirou's affinity and origin is sword. Which happened due to Avalon.
    Iirc rin said his origin being sword therefore he can't use the elements

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CM3
    Q: Archer's greatest defense is "Rho Aias", but if he were the same person as Shirou, shouldn't his greatest protection be "Avalon"? In the Rin route, Archer knew that the holy sword's sheath was inside Shirou, so wouldn't the Heroic Spirit form of the Shirou that "knew" that the sheath was merged with him be Archer?
    A: Avalon’s power won't work if Saber's not connected to it. It's a different story during the Grail War, but all it does when Saber isn't around is make Shirou's magic attribute into "sword". Also, after the Grail War is taken apart, the link between him and her will be gone, so it's best to think that his image of "Avalon" also disappeared.
    "all it does". no mention of changing Shirou's Origin.

No known way to change one's origin I think.

Q: Before he summoned Saber, why did Shirou dream about the Sword of Promised Victory (Excalibur)? Was the Greater Grail contacting Shirou in order to select him as a Master?

A: During the preparations leading up to the Holy Grail War, when it was decided that Saber (Artoria) would be summoned, “All is a Distant Utopia (Avalon)” within Shirou reacted with his mana flow to cause the image of a “sword” to manifest in his subconscious.

It does but elemental affinity is directly associated with origin. And then he only dreamed of "sword" cause of Avalon.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me get you a more direct source it was to the question
    Why doesn't archer has Avalon inside his body

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Erm. You mean the Q&A I quoted?

But anyway, with only a little reading I stand corrected.

If that's so, where did sword all along come from I wonder. I think probably just the general thing that Origin is supposed to be defining from moment of a person's creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    If that's so, where did sword all along come from I wonder. I think probably just the general thing that Origin is supposed to be defining from moment of a person's creation.
    Shirou dying in that fire is more literal than you'd think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Origin is always defined at the moment of creation, but it can later be changed by external factors. Shirou is the only confirmed example of that we have so far, though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Origin is always defined at the moment of creation, but it can later be changed by external factors. Shirou is the only confirmed example of that we have so far, though.
    Eh

Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Guess this is what happens to the thread when there's nothing else to discuss

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, Origin has never been stated to be as easily malleable as magical alignment, or that Avalon changed both instead of just one part.

Otherwise Zouken without the need of anything on par with Avalon was easily changing Sakura's Origin in HF, something never supported in the actual text.

So no, Avalon hasn't been shown to affect stuff outside of thaumaturgy (like magical alignments and such).

Theory of Magic (collected from CM3) has this:

Theory of Magic – p. 40 said:
    Origin
    The orientation of something at the time that it sprang into existence. An Origin is what defines the existence as itself. In magical contexts, it is also used to refer to one’s magical alignment.
    EDIT: From UBW Q&A by Mewarmo.

Nasu: Saber's sheath is no longer in EMIYA, because during his wandering lifestyle it "lost its meaning" and returned to the earth. It's back in the inner ocean of the planet.

Takeuchi: ohh... so it only changed his magic circuits
    Last edited by AAM1232; June 16th, 2020 at 08:01 PM.