Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: [Hollow Moon] Mahoutsukai no Yoru Translation Project

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    It is strikingly similar, but this wouldn't be the first time I've seen a fan translation project cutting corners by recycling a previous (unfinished) work. Let's just hope that's all they did, and the still untranslated chapters were done from scratch.

Or maybe they aped the french translation for those, who knows.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, I hope he credits McJon for his work.

That would be great too

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Well, I hope he credits McJon for his work.
    He isn't selling this as a English to Spanish translation whatsoever, so I'm not hopeful. Anyways, what I'm more curious about is chapter 7 onwards, if they took our script for chapter 8 and what the fuck they did past that. They probably won't credit the French translation either, even if they didn't use it for translation purposes, as they are likely using their tools.

Tem muito brasileiro aqui, já achava que BL era um pouco bosta mas agora ta confirmado kkkkk.

Quote Originally Posted by 4digitmen View Post
    He isn't selling this as a English to Spanish translation whatsoever, so I'm not hopeful. Anyways, what I'm more curious about is chapter 7 onwards, if they took our script for chapter 8 and what the fuck they did past that. They probably won't credit the French translation either, even if they didn't use it for translation purposes, as they are likely using their tools.

Tem muito brasileiro aqui, já achava que BL era um pouco bosta mas agora ta confirmado kkkkk.
    Have you tried asking him directly about this? Who knows, maybe he will give some sort of explanation. Cokesakto certainly did, back in the day.

Pelo visto, a máxima de que um fórum cheio de brazucas não é um fórum cheio de brazucas sem um pouco de humor autodepreciativo ainda vale XD

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tenho a impressão de que tem tido cada vez mais brasileiro ativo nas últimas semanas também. Quarentena deixando a galera com tempo livre de sobra.

Coincidentemente, eu tinha essa conta desde 2013 e só inventei de começar a postar depois da quarentena.

Should we be translating whenever we use Portuguese here? Don't know if something like that is covered by the rules.
    Last edited by Benderesco; April 17th, 2020 at 08:13 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eh, I usually try not use Portuguese on too many posts but I doubt people care about 5 random comments in Portuguese in a conversation about Spanish translations.

I agree on principle, but I've certainly seen my fair share of communities that consider using something other than the place's lingua franca a tremendous faux pas. Seems to not be the case here, however.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Google Translate exists and anyone who complains is a whiner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

are you talking about the posts or the mahoyo translations

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The posts, but I'll say both anyways, just for the memes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I actually just went and ran my portuguese posts through google translate, just for the hell of it.

I was surprised. The tool has gotten a lot better. I tend to use it solely to translate russian (for everything else I go to bab.la), so I was impressed with how accurate it is for portuguese-english translations.

romance language master race

Quote Originally Posted by 4digitmen View Post
    You should just assume he did. Groups that do spanish translations rarely care about stuff like credits/permission, or maybe I'm just biased.
    Last edited by Crown; April 18th, 2020 at 12:10 AM.

Everything that comes from latin rocks

I actually tried studying it once, because it is so beyoootiful. Gave up upon realizing it would be completely useless unless I decided to become a canon lawyer.

Should have studied moon runes instead (still want to, in fact).

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post

You should just assume he did. Groups that do spanish translations rarely care about stuff like credits/permission, or maybe I'm just biased.
    I am so disappointed now. I genuinely thought this was going to be a direct translation.
    Last edited by Benderesco; April 18th, 2020 at 12:17 AM.

Well, you can give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he just wanted to get shit done and borrowed what was available at the moment to save up time.

If it ends up being fake/never released, nothing really changes.

There's legit JP->ES translators in the hispanic community, I'm sure. Years ago, the Tsuki no Sango novel was being translated into spanish before english. However MazuiSubs finished their english translation and the spanish translator dropped it. It's rare I guess, but it does happen. I think the Heaven's Feel manga is more up to date in spanish, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    There are good people working with JP -> PT, but they tend to stick to manga.
    Maybe they just don't feel confident enough to translate a VN, I know that's my case. I do JP-> ENG since it's easier for everyone else to work with that. Anyway, that's enough offtopic for now.
    Last edited by Crown; April 18th, 2020 at 12:47 AM.

Oh, I'm sure. I've watched/read a lot of japanese-spanish fan translations, actually, because I love how spanish sounds and reads.

And in any case, I'm sure the hispanic community is doing better than the portuguese fanbase, as far as fan translations are concerned. There are good people working with JP -> PT, but they usually to stick to manga. VN translations are kinda rare and tend to exist mostly for short projects (Funamusea's works are a good example). Hell, a classic VN like Umineko was only fully translated to portuguese this year, which I find absolutely wild, given how popular it is with brazilian weebs.
    Last edited by Benderesco; April 12th, 2022 at 04:45 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    Should we be translating whenever we use Portuguese here? Don't know if something like that is covered by the rules.
    If only this website had a tool to post in two languages at the same time.
    Se ao menos esse site tivesse um mecanismo pra postar em dois idiomas ao mesmo tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    If only this website had a tool to post in two languages at the same time.
    Se ao menos esse site tivesse um mecanismo pra postar em dois idiomas ao mesmo tempo.
    Opa, obrigado, eu tinha me esquecido desse negócio
    I am the bone of my sword.

From the log at first I am assuming your translation is done but you need Japanese check and editing is the only thing left?