Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: [Hollow Moon] Mahoutsukai no Yoru Translation Project

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    From the log at first I am assuming your translation is done but you need Japanese check and editing is the only thing left?
    nz isn't fully translated yet, and all the chapters that were originally translated by mcjon are being retranslated as sllows. But aside from that, it's just JP check and editing, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Hey everyone, I hope you all are ok and staying safe out here. Any new news on chapter 9 and 10 yet? Would be nice to have some new chapters to look at while locked up in my house.

Here is the current progress.

Damn, might actually get to read this thing eventually.
    My copy of Mahoutsukai's been standing, waiting, on the shelf for a good 8 years now. 8 years I could've used to learn some damn japanese if I wasn't so lazy.
    Great job folks, looking forward to this!

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    I wish I had the actual physical copy of the VN right now. Piracy sucks and I already finished reading the demo, so now I have to wait till I start attending the university. Well, guess where my first scholarship funds will be going

US Friend Code
    New release! This release adds chapter 8.5. It's longer than some of the main chapters even, and is also the last side chapter in the VN. This release also touches up on chapter 8 and its bonus.
    You can grab it here: ****************************file/d/1MAC...8rID3gJ3f/view

We also now have a twitter account where we post updates and stuff of that sort, you can follow that if you want.
    It is here: https://twitter.com/HollowMoonTL
    Last edited by vimiani; September 3rd, 2020 at 09:46 PM.

just in case anyone has any questions, because we've already gotten some:

these files are just drag and drop into /savedata/patches, your saves will be fine and it should function identically.
    the newly translated content is unlocked once you finish chapter 8, which should have been done with our first patch if youve been following around. it's the large book in the archive named "Carnegie Case."
    the rest of the script past 8.5, as in the previous patch, are all the base game's japanese script.

hope you enjoy, the kamige shit starts next chapter
    Last edited by Roak; May 21st, 2020 at 12:01 AM.

Thank you so much for the team's hard work. Please continue to stay healthy and safe while the pandemic is still going on. I look forward to chapter 9 and 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much.

US Friend Code
    Did the translation start from scratch once you guys decided to translate the french version? Why are chapters 5-7 at 0% translation?

Also, thank you for the hard work.

I always wondered, is it not legal for you guys to open a Patreon page or whatever for this kind of stuff? I mean, fan translations?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Did the translation start from scratch once you guys decided to translate the french version? Why are chapters 5-7 at 0% translation?

Also, thank you for the hard work.

I always wondered, is it not legal for you guys to open a Patreon page or whatever for this kind of stuff? I mean, fan translations?
    The main focus is always on chapters 8 forward, to build on top of mcjon's patch. However, once the translators finished those parts, they wouldn't have anything else to do, so we're also going back to retranslate (based on the french script) mcjon's chapters, for consistency's sake and all. These chapters won't be edited or anything until the later chapters are done, though, because they're not the focus here.

Also no, it wouldn't be legal. Fan translations are already in a big grey area in terms of copyright, but making it commercial in any way would be liable to get us into trouble, even if it was just "donations" on the side.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    The main focus is always on chapters 8 forward, to build on top of mcjon's patch. However, once the translators finished those parts, they wouldn't have anything else to do, so we're also going back to retranslate (based on the french script) mcjon's chapters, for consistency's sake and all. These chapters won't be edited or anything until the later chapters are done, though, because they're not the focus here.

Also no, it wouldn't be legal. Fan translations are already in a big grey area in terms of copyright, but making it commercial in any way would be liable to get us into trouble, even if it was just "donations" on the side.
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah, it makes sense. A real shame though.

Some pirate sights such as anime kisa actually opened their patreon pages . I think it will be fine to open one as long as you don't approximately mention fan translations tbh

Patreon tracks link referrers so they can track where the visitors to the Patreon page come from.

We aren't accepting donations for this translation project.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; May 22nd, 2020 at 12:11 PM.

Trust me, the project will get done even though we're not getting paid. If you really want to spend your money then go buy some official TM localizations to let them know you want more English releases.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Good to know ,thanks for your hard work

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Trust me, the project will get done even though we're not getting paid. If you really want to spend your money then go buy some official TM localizations to let them know you want more English releases.
    Where would be the best place to buy a physical copy of Mahoyo? I have been following Amazon JP, though I'm not sure if that's the best place to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Where would be the best place to buy a physical copy of Mahoyo? I have been following Amazon JP, though I'm not sure if that's the best place to buy it.
    There are not any new copies being manufactured, so you will need to buy it used.

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    There are not any new copies being manufactured, so you will need to buy it used.
    True, kinda lame though. I mean, unless they make new copies or distribute it via "Steam" or other online videogame stores, they won't get any profit from it. And yeah, I know FGO is rocking, giving them somewhat about 1 billion dollars annually. Still, makes it a wasted effort.

Fans have to struggle as well. Getting a psisycal copy of "Mahoyo" is a pain in the rear, expensive too. And the worst thing is, the VN is really great, both in terms of plot and visuals.A whole circle of struggle it is...

US Friend Code
    Somehow Japan can be both very advanced and very backwards when it comes to video games and tech.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can't wait for Chapter 9

Keep up the good work.