Thread: [ANNOUNCEMENT] - Fate/Blumenkrieg: The Threefold War of Flowers

Blog Entries

[ANNOUNCEMENT] - Fate/Blumenkrieg: The Threefold War of Flowers

The Holy Grail War

A ritual established by three families of magi who sought to reach the Swirl of the Root. An event unlike any other which drew the curious gazes of all to its prize.

An unlimited wish.

The rules were simple.

Seven magi are selected by the Grail to face off in combat as Master, each having summoned their own Servant to do battle until only one remained to claim the grail for themselves.

Unfortunately...

It failed.

Unlike what its creators intended, the temptation of the ritual was too much for most, attracting the denizens of the Moonlit World like moth to a flame.

Psychics, spellcasters, executioners, apostles...

As a result, the first Grail War became a bloated mess, lost amidst the sea of blood and chaos as dozens of legendary warriors ravaged the lands of Fuyuki in search of the golden chalice, scarring it as they waged war against one another.

A complete failure on all fronts.

Its makers, however, were unwilling to give up, and thus the ritual was restructured, moved from Japan to continental Europe, where it was reestablished as The Great Holy Grail War. Separated into two groups, Masters were expected to collaborate in order to defeat the other faction and claim the Holy Grail.

14 Servants

14 Masters

Unleashed into Europe, the magus spared to expense. Alliances were made, contracts were sighed and the old continent became engulfed into a conflict of scale never before seen. The battle had been long and hard won, and it was won indeed! Just not by whom the creators intended.

Swooping into the world stage with a vengeance, the Yggdmillennia Clan was formed by the surviving members of the coalition of Magus Families who had joined together to defeat the group established by the three families under the command of Darnic Preston Yggdmillennia. With the Grail's unlimited wish on hand, the group declared their independence of the Mages Association, swearing to create a new haven those who wish to perpetuate the art of Magecraft.

It has been 50 years since then...

Now the call to arms has been issued once again to all those willing to put their lives on the line for the sake of a wish. And as the eyes of the world turn towards the Old Continent, new rules have been announced to herald the dawn of a new Holy Grail War.

White Lily!

Red Clover!

Blue Rose!

Three factions! Twenty one Servants!

Blumenkrieg, the Threefold War of Flowers, begins!

RULES:

- Players will make a character within the established parameters and join one of the three Factions.

- Chapters will be separated into sections (Morning, Afternoon, Night)

- At the end of each section, the Players will be posed with 3 options.

- The selected option will decide the course of the story and unlock different Paths and Endings.

- Once every 4 chapters, the Players will be given an 'Extra Choice'

- The Players's progress will be saved at key moments of the story.

- Should the Players encounter a dead end, they may choose to select a different option by spending an Extra Choice or return to the previous Save point.

Last edited by Wyvern; October 8th, 2019 at 07:12 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks interesting but hoo boy, does the text really have to be all in red? Black on red color-scheme is just not that appealing to read.

Blog Entries
    (Edited the first page)

Anyway, for those who came to this thread, allow me to explain the basic idea of what Fate/Blumenkrieg is. It is a three-route Quest-type story where the Players can modify the course of the story based on their actions. It is being conceived as an idea that can be replayed and allows for a certain degree of flexibility. Outside of being able to make the Protagonist and choose their magecraft, Players will also be able to choose their servant, as well as who they will associate themselves with for the duration of the Quest. The chapters are currently under production, and this thread was created to gauge what you guys think about the idea, as well as give you a place to ask questions if you have any.

Sounds interesting and I might have a servant idea or two to potentially test out if those aren't already premade by you Wyvern. I am interested to see how this story will unfold.

I am curious as to what the third faction is since it seems to be Yggdmillennia v. Mage Association v. someone else unless I misunderstood what I read. If I did misunderstand the 3 factions then what are they?
    Last edited by Bylackbre; October 8th, 2019 at 10:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Most of the servants are unfortunately premade, however, not all spots have been claimed yet. If you are willing to share your idea, feel free to PM me with it, or link me if they are already at the Create-a-Servant thread.

As for the factions. You are half right when it comes to the Yggdmillennia. They are indeed one of the factions, however, since this is an Alternative Univer, the individuals that make up the faction are different of the ones we see at Apocrypha with a few notable exceptions. Expect to see many characters from different works of the fate franchise playing similar or different roles of those you have seen before. Remember, Fuyuki was pretty much destroyed during the very first Grail War, so that's already a major wrench thrown at the timeline.

The third Faction, as you might have guessed, is made up of wild cards and will be the focus of one of the three routes.

I have interest, but I'm not sure I understand the concept of the Servants being premade. Will we not be controlling our own character individually?

Blog Entries
    As this is a Quest-type story, the Players will be controlling the actions and decisions of the main character via vote. You will be able to decide all manner of details about them, up to and including gender, appearence, school of magecraft, servant catalyst, alliances...etc.

So while each player won't have their own character and servant, you all will be able to decide on the overall path the story is going to take.

So, is the Servant someone we're allowed to design and come up with ourselves, or one from Fate canon? Or one from a premade list? Or - well, you get the idea.

Blog Entries
    During each route, you will be given three options for a servant. They are all original to canon, but will be from a premade list. You can make suggestions while I am at the early stages of planning, the sooner you make those suggestions the bigger the chance they will be implented.