Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Create A Singularity / Lostbelt

Wyrd oft neređ unfǽgne eorl, ţonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Oh hey, I read that book in College~

Good times.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    A collection of "prompts" from The Collected What If?, a series of essays on potential alternate history turning points that could be used for various purposes, I'm sure.
    Spoiler:

• What if the plague hadn't stopped Sennacherib's conquest of Jerusalem (701 BC)
    • Persia wins at the Battle of Salamis (480 BC)
    • Alexander the Great dies prematurely at the Granicus (334 BC)
    • Arminius loses at Teutoberg/Roman Germania (AD 9)
    • Emperor Valens doesn't commit to Adrianople (AD 378)
    • Genghis Khan dies of the cold (AD 1242)
    • Antony and Cleopatra succeed at Actium (31 BC)
    • Socrates dies at Delium (424 BC)
    • William is repulsed at Hastings, does not conquer England (AD 1066)
    • The summer of 1529 isn't as unbearably humid, Suleyman's siege of Vienna succeeds

I can post more detail if anyone has any interest. As far as I can see the essays aren't available for free anywhere.
    This sounds pretty interesting. Tell us more!
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    This sounds pretty interesting. Tell us more!
    The essays are too long to post all of them, but I'll post the introduction of my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by William H. McNeill
    Military events, even seemingly insignificant episodes, can have unforeseen consequences, ones that may not become apparent at the time they happen and occasionally not even for centuries. It seems appropriate to begin this book with such a moment in history, the Assyrian siege of Jerusalem, then the seat of the tiny kingdom of Judah, in 701 BC. That siege, by Sennacherib, king of Assyria, was lifted after a large part of his army succumbed to a mysteriously lethal contagion. The Assyrians simply moved on: For the largest empire of its time, the reduction of yet another walled city was not cost effective. For those holed up inside, however, deliverance came as a heavenly sign (though its causes were probably environmental), and that, needless to say, would have far-reaching implications. But what if disease had not intervened? What if the walls had fallen, and the usual pillage, rape, murder, and forced exile of the population had been Jerusalem's lot? What would our lives, our spiritual underpinnings be like 2,700 years later?

Whatever the pestilence was, it became the leveler at Jerusalem. Disease has to be counted as one of the wild cards of history, an unforeseen factor that can, in a matter of days or weeks, undo the deterministic sure thing or humble the conquering momentum. History is full of examples. There was the plague that ravaged Athens for more than a year and led to its capture and the dismantling of the empire in 404 BC. An outbreak of dysentery weakened the Prussian force invading France in 1792 and helped to convince the leaders to turn back after losing the Battle of Valmy, thus saving the French Revolution. The ravages of typhus and dysentery are the hidden story of Napoleon's calamity in Russia. The war-vectored influenza epidemic of 1918 may not have changed immediate outcomes, but how many potential reputations did we lose to it--people who might have made a difference to their generation? Bacteria and viruses may thus redirect vast impersonal forces in human societies, and they can also become forces in their own right.
    Needless to say, this guy has an entire book on war and the effects of disease.
    The Lostbelt potential here is great, and reminds me quite a lot of Language Man's Ashurbanipal-driven Singularity.
    Something like LB King Sennacherib (perhaps possessed by Marduk?) ruling over an Assyrian World Orderr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    The essays are too long to post all of them, but I'll post the introduction of my favorite.

Needless to say, this guy has an entire book on war and the effects of disease.
    The Lostbelt potential here is great, and reminds me quite a lot of Language Man's Ashurbanipal-driven Singularity.
    Something like LB King Sennacherib (perhaps possessed by Marduk?) ruling over an Assyrian World Order.
    Sounds interesting. I'll have to look into getting this book, though it's probably going to be a while before that happens.

Also, would anyone happen to have any ideas on what to do for an Egyptian Lostbelt? The Mexican Lostbelt I've been working on is mostly complete but I have gotten nowhere with the Egyptiab Lostbelt idea. After the Egyptian Lostbelt, I'll work on that Assyrian Lostbelt idea.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Lostbelt 20XX
    Name:
    Realm of the Sleeping King
    Subtitle: Apotheosis of the King of the Four Corners
    Lost Depth:
    A

Origin: 681 B.C.
    King: Sennacherib
    Crypter: ---
    Fantasy Tree: Šar Kiššatim

I hurriedly mounted in the anger of my heart.

Spoiler:
    Feet padded on cold and unforgiving sands. The pace was fast, hard, frantic. Sand was thrown into the sky and floated in the wind, glinting like the stars above.

Can one actually flee from these demons of the desert? There must be a way right? Else humanity would not be alive still right? Delusional. Insane. I felt like it. Ever since I was a child I had been told stories over and over of the incomprehensible horrors that stalked the world. Predators they were, slaying mankind with ease. There was no place free from these aberrations of existence. Cities could go dark and drop off the face of the earth and all would know it was them, or one of them at least. Caravans would disappear between cities and never be seen again. Ships at sea would simply fall into the ocean as if it turned to air. It was always them. Those things. Whatever they were.

I continued to run. Faster. Faster. My lungs cried out in agony for mercy and my legs threatened revolt but the absolute fear that gripped me kept me going. I had seen one of them. I had gone into the desert to search for Ur-Ningin, my little brother, who hadn’t returned for dinner. A good while into the desert I could smell it. The smell of iron. Cresting a small dune of sand I saw the silhouette of it and immediately turned and fled. I could feel it behind me. It felt so close that I believed if I stopped for even a moment I would be consumed by the horror. And so I didn’t stop.

Feet padded on cold and unforgiving sands. The pace was fast, hard, frantic. And then they stopped. For but a second the padding of feet silenced, and afterwards a great thump. Sand was blown into the air from the impact of a body onto the desert floor.

I could taste the sand in my mouth, I was sure of that, but my whole being was gripped by panic and fear. My vision was red and blurry as I jumped up and attempted to run yet again but something cold, soft, and wet gripped my ankle and I was thrown back onto the sand. I turned, fearful, and gazed into the face of death.

Lit by the moonlight was a beast of substantial size. At least nine feet tall and bulky he had no skin to speak of and instead I could see that his form was comprised of endless and interlocked intestines that bulged and slithered like snakes. Moisture covered every inch of his frame and drops of it hit the sand periodically like a light shower. He had no legs, rather his intestinal body worked as a massive belt that moved him swiftly through the desert. Large clumps of wet sand stuck to the damp tendrils of red flesh that touched the floor. What seemed like hundreds of loose fleshy strands extended from his sides and with one of these he had wrapped my ankle and trapped me.

I looked to his face, his abhorrent face. Shaped like a heart it too was skinless and red like exposed muscle. However it was not made up of tendrils of intestines and instead was a but a large slab of decayed and molded meat. four massive and pupiless glass eyes bore holes into my soul. Thick rivers of yellow bile flowed from the tear ducts of these peering marbles. There was no nose other than two black holes that dispensed the same liquid as the eyes. His mouth then opened to reveal swollen and bleeding gums with endless rows of needle-like teeth that dripped with blood and bile and marrow and filth. I screamed. I screamed like a child as my unknowing mind fell prey to the sight of something that should not exist, something that should not be.

The sound of sliding sand joined the blood curdling scream. The sliding sands silenced and were replaced with the sound of tearing flesh and crunching bone. The screams grew louder and yet hoarse. The crunching and tearing was joined by the sounds of blood hitting the sand. First in streams, then in torrents. A far louder crunch followed and the screaming stopped. Minutes passed with the sounds of methodical chewing until a loud and painful gulp echoed across the deserts of the corpse of Tiamat. Then silence. As the world usually is.

The mighty bow which Ashur had given me, I seized in my hands.

Spoiler:
    U aldűnišunu sihrűti ša niba la išu’u
    And their small cities, which were numberless
    Abul akur ušeme karmeš bit seri kultari
    I destroyed, I devastated, I turned into ruins. The houses of the steppe,
    mušabišunu ina girri akmuma titališ
    Wherein they dwelt, I set on fire and
    ušeme utirma...
    turned them into a mass of flames...

(Annals of Sennacherib, Lines 77-80)

705 B.C. and King Sennacherib, son of Sargon II, begins his reign over the Assyrian Empire. Begins the bloodiest reign of any Assyrian King in history. The man who would destroy 75 walled cities in Chaldea and 420 smaller cities in the territories around it. The man who would impale the entire population of a revolting city outside the walls, men, women, and children. The man who would in a single day cart off 208,000 men, women, and children as spoils of war to Assyria. He was a man of shameless bloodlust and hunger for power. He would be the man that would degenerate his timeline to that of a humanitarian dead end.

What Sennacherib desired was divinity. He was a king, King of Assyria, King of Babylon, King of the Four Corners of the World, and King of the Universe. And yet we wanted godhood. He wanted apotheosis. His conquests were bloody, needlessly so perhaps, but that was by design. The blood of all those innocents, millions of gallons of blood, would be fuel for his designs for divinity. Such power that was in all this blood, such absolute raw power. But it was never enough. He always needed more blood to overcome his mortal limits. Always needed more magi to process this blood. And so as he grew old some began to believe his errand was a fool’s and his mind incapable.

One of his sons, Sharezer, sought the throne of Assyria and thus upon the palace steps of Nineveh murdered his father. As Sharezer’s other brothers rushed over and began to fight Sharezer openly their attention left the dying emperor whose blood began to flow down the hundred stone steps of the kings of Assyria. Was he to die before his greatest achievement? Cut down by his own flesh and blood? But as Sennacherib’s royal blood baked in the light of Utu it began to sparkle with regal majesty. Moments before his death, as his sons fought over the material throne, Sennacherib used his own blood to try and ascend to the immaterial throne of divinity.

The javelin, piercing to the life, I grasped.

Spoiler:
    Atop a metaphysical throne Sennacherib rose to the heavens on a pile of corpses. He entered the realm of the gods in blood stained robes and left red tracks with his bare feet across the divine floor of heaven. Here he came upon the Triad of Heaven. An, Ashur, and Enki. Enki recoiled in horror at the sight of the man who brought so much suffering to mankind. An recoiled in disgust at Sennacherib’s breach of the border of heaven. Sennacherib, rejected by these two, turned to Ashur. The patron deity of Assyria, the patron deity of the kings themselves, his first lord, his mighty father. Sennacherib expected Ashur to congratulate him, to welcome him as a son, except Ashur recoiled like the rest. He was disgusted with the idea that a mere mortal could become a god. Rejected by all three of the triad Sennacherib retreated into himself. How dare they? He had worked all his life, toiled for over sixty years, faced disease, assassinations, politics, warfare, revolts, famine, and all things of the earth and yet they would deny him like this? In anger, fuelled by wrath, Sennacherib raised his hand to the three gods before him and shouted like thunder.

“Anaku Sinaheriba! Šarru rabű, šarru danu, šar kiššati, šar Aššur, šar kibrat irbittim rie’um itpišu! Anaku idlum gitmalum zikaru kardu! Anaku ilű!”
    “I am Sennacherib! The great king, king of the universe, king of Assyria, king of the four corners of the world, the wise ruler! I am the perfect hero, mighty man! I am a god!”

The Triad of Heaven readied to smite Sennacherib. But the man who rose to heaven atop a million lives was shrewd. In an act of defiance Sennacherib threw himself out of heaven and fell towards the world of men. As he fell he rejected his physical form and sealed himself away into the realm of dreams and nightmares by merely falling asleep in totality. In this form he is a dream entirely, able to haunt the dreaming minds of all humankind. And more importantly, in this form he is unable to be killed by man nor god. So long as one person still dreams, Sennacherib exists.

The gods knew this, but they did not worry. What power does a dream have? What influence could a mere nightmare control? However they did not realize what Sennacherib could achieve from his seat as the Sleeping King. As Sennacherib gained power as the master of the dreams of mankind he began to influence reality itself. The Sleeping King’s dreams began to leak into the physical world. Soon nightmarish monstrosities, things that should not exist, things that the gods have no influence over, for they are not made by the hands of the divines. These beasts were endless, nigh invincible, and indescribably horrific. Any advancement that humans tried to make was torn away by these abominations of life, any chance humanity had to prosper was snuffed out by these abhorrent things. And so humanity entered a dark age that has lasted over two thousand years, utterly unable to advance any further than the times of Sennacherib.

Sennacherib, for his part, has waited two thousand years for one purpose. He awaits the day that he can wake up and return to the world to seek vengeance against the gods who denied him. He awaits the day that he can once again rise to heaven on a mountain of corpses and claim the throne of An for himself. The Sleeping King will one day awake, and on this day the universe will shudder.

Tldr; Sennacherib killed many people to become a god then was rejected by his sky daddy and so he yeeted himself into a dream world and has caused nightmares to become reality and turn his timeline into a dead end. He will one day wake up and end the universe too and stuff.

Against all the hosts of wicked enemies, I raised my voice.

Spoiler:
    To claim victory over this Lostbelt is to exterminate all of humanity. It is an unfortunate but required circumstance. The sleeping king can not be defeated any other way.

Rumbling like a storm. Like Adad I roared.

Spoiler:

Servants / Enemies

Ishtar (Lancer)

The lover of humans Ishtar will do anything and everything to save humanity from extinction. It is partially through her that humanity still exists.

Enki (Caster)
    The divine benefactor of humans Enki is a protector of men and one of the major reasons that humanity is not yet extinct. His power is greater than that of Ishtar and he too will stop at nothing to save humankind from extinction.

Sin-Nasir (Saber)
    A human hero who has dedicated his life to the destruction of the nightmarish beasts that plague his world. In another timeline he may have been recorded upon the Throne of Heroes, but in this doomed world he is nothing but a man.

Hector (Lancer)
    Dreamed up by Sennacherib the corrupted shade of Hector has entered reality as an agent of the sleeping king. He harasses the deities of men and does all he can to wane the powers of the gods.

Hercules (Berserker)
    Dreamed up by Sennacherib Berserker Hercules is a beast who tears down the walls of human cities and slays human heroes who dare to interfere with the plans of Sennacherib.

Humbaba (Berserker)
    The mighty beast raised by Utu had been placed into the world after being dreamed up by Sennacherib. He is a mighty thorn in the side of the gods as his strength is greater than that of any other of Sennacherib’s servants.

Arjuna (Archer)
    The great archer Arjuna has come to the world a corrupted shade under the influence of the dreaming king Sennacherib. His great bow keeps gods at bay and strikes fear into mankind.

At the word of Assur, the great lord, my lord, on flank and front I pressed upon the enemy like the onset of a raging storm.

Spoiler:
    I went a bit weird with this one and hope it worked out. I wanted to do another Mesopotamian thing because the aesthetics of the period are so good it kills me and so I did. I'm still not 100% sure how Lostbelts work but I'm pretty confident that this constitutes as one at the very least. Thank you for reading and stuff.

He who is the Sprćcwalda, his words hymns and his thoughts archaic.
    ᛖᛏᚩᚾ ᛒᚣᛏᛏ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚳᚩᛏᛏ, ჭამა კონდახით და საშოდან, Bwyta cig a chath
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    you got correct Language Man

What.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    you got correct Language Man
    What exactly did he get correct?

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    My god, this thread could facilitate the creation of… good FGO fanfics…!
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    First of all, I believe it is important to review a few related concepts in order to gain proper perspective.

Anthropic Principle Settlement
    Once the cornerstone of Anthropic Principle is restored, the occurrences that took place on a Singularity are treated as something that never came to pass in the first place, disappearing from the memories of people. That being said, only the cause of the Singularity and its direct consequences will be erased; it is impossible to pretend that specific events didn't happened, so lost lives will not be recovered. In other words, when the corrective force of history amends a Singularity, the losses incurred there will be reflected in proper history in a manner that they remain consistent. Also, since the events of a Singularity are treated as occurring "within that period" instead of "in that date", some general rounding is bound to take place.

For example, in the First Singularity, most of the deaths caused by Jeanne Alter's dragons were reinterpreted as caused by wild beasts instead. Furthermore, even after its events were erased, the spiritual grudges and resentment caused by them still lingered in the land of France.

Anthropic Principle Collapse Zone
    If a Singularity is defined as an anomaly in a specific "point" of the timeline, an Anthropic Principle Collapse Zone is a distortion that expanded to the point of encompassing an entire "section" of it.

A concept introduced in the Ooku Event. In said event, a small Singularity had formed in a certain room of the "Ooku of Tokugawa Iemitsu's generation". Originally something limited to that specific time and place but, as the Singularity grew, its distortions began to influence events from the time of Tokugawa Ieyasu until that of Tokugawa Yoshinobu - in other words, the Edo period itself. Considering that the seven original Singularities produced by Goetia were said to have the potential of engulfing the entire human history, bringing about the collapse of the Anthropic Principle, one could say that Ooku Event is a good case study of what can happen when a Singularity is left alone and allowed to grow.

Variant Singularity
    The general term for the paranormal incidents of "Epic of Remnant". An abnormal event on the same level as the Singularities created by Goetia, caused by the resurgence of "a power that can shake the world" which had been previously eliminated in proper history. Originally, that "power that can shake the world" would be prevented beforehand by the Counter Force, but it took advantage of an opening left by the Counter Force when the Anthropic Principle was restored from its incinerated condition - much like how an originally isolated computer virus becomes active again when the entire system is rebooted.

Incidentally, the Variant Singularities of Shinjuku, Agartha and Salem all share the common point of occurring in the same period of modern age.

Moving Singularity
    Someone that wanders across parallel worlds, despite having no connection to the Second Magic. Although they are not Servants, Moving Singularities are regarded as existences similar to Heroic Spirits - souls that contains many possibilities within themselves. If two or more of these are present in the same world, there is a danger of a distortion equivalent to a Singularity occurring right away.

So far, only Miyamoto Musashi and the Amakusa Shirou that appeared in Shimosa have been confirmed as Moving Singularities. Although there is no concrete evidence, Arthur Pendragon (Prototype) can also be raised as a possible candidate. At any rate, their common point is that they are all existences with no connection to the human history of the world of Grand Order. Both Musashi and Shirou were born in worlds that have been erased by the pruning phenomenon and were forced to bounce around parallel worlds due being unable to return to where they came from. Meanwhile, Arthur came from a world that is more of a different universe than a parallel world, chasing after a certain threat that is regarded as his counterpart.

Now for the main issue. I had once thought of writing a fanfic about a different take of Part 1. The idea was motivated by two issues that I had with the original story:

1) Each individual Singularity was pretty much a standalone story, with the events of one hardly ever having any impact on those of another.
    2) Fujimaru Ritsuka was more often than not placed on a background/support role for Mash, thus showing no character development at all.

With that in mind, this entire fanfic was meant to be a linear narrative, with the events/themes of one Singularity connecting with those that came before and after. Furthemore, the overall story was supposed to show both Ritsuka's and Mash's growth as an individual. Now, I had this cooking up for quite some time already, but it is clear that I will never be able to actually get around and write it down. So I decided to post here what I already have done for those who are interested. Have fun.

1st Singularity
    Name: March in the Pursue of Truth - Purna Swaraj
    Subtitle: Venerable Soul
    Human Foundation Value: D+

Year: 1930 AD
    Grail Holder: Nathuram Godse
    Factions: Chaldea Security Organization, British Empire, Indian independence movement

Description of Events: Underling theme is Temperance. Although its center is the small village of Dandi, the Singularity as a whole encompass almost the entire State of Gujarat, India. Timeframe-wise, it is around the period when the famous Salt March happened. The march itself was but a minor event in human history, but it set an important precedent of peaceful revolution and had a great influence in all civil rights movements that came afterwards.

Upon arriving in the Singularity, Ritsuka and Mash discover that someone is attempting to sabotage the march by means of magecraft. Reasoning that the Grail holder is likely behind it, they disguise themselves as reporters and begin surveilling/chaperoning the march from afar. In the porcess, they get in contact with Gandhi (not a Servant, but a human empowered by the Counter Force) and learn from him the meaning of temperance - to restrain one's base impulses (such as violence) in order to pursue a different path.

Throughout the story, the Chaldea team works under the assumption that the saboteur is someone connected to the British Empire. At some point near the climax, it is reavealed that the one behind everything was actually a member of Indian independence movement named Nathuram Godse, who disapproved of Gandhi's methods and wished to radicalize the movement. In the end, Nathuram is defeated and ends up dying due abusing the power of the Grail. However, Gandhi suffers a serious injury in the final battle which, due his advanced age, is impossible completely recover from and is bound to ultimately take his life a few years down the road. Thanks to this, the world's corrective force is able to revise the events of the Singularity so that they conform to what happened in proper history (originally, Gandhi was supposed to be assassinated by Nathuram over a decade later).

The story ends with Ritsuka visiting Gandhi in the hospital before departing the Singularity and receiving one last life lesson from him.

2nd Singularity
    Name: Far East's Governance Collapse Zone - Meiji
    Subtitle: Hero of the Restoration
    Human Foundation Value: C

Year: 1868 AD
    Grail Holder: Nankoubou Tenkai (Akechi Mitsuhide)
    Factions: Chaldea Security Organization, Sengoku warlords

Description of Events: Underlying theme is Charity. Singularity is based on the Fall of Edo (modern Tokyo); the event that effectively put an end to the Japanese Revolution and opened the way to the Meiji Restoration. The Restoration is regarded as a major turning point of Japanese history and, given how Japan would later become a great authority regarding humanity's cultural and technological development, the importance of this event cannot be underestimated.

Overall plot somewhat resembles the third Gudaguda Event; Goetia hands over the Holy Grail to a magus related to the Tokugawa shogunate, who uses it to summon a Servant that can help him turn the tides of the war: Caster, Nankoubou Tenkai (Akechi Mitsuhide). Disappointed by decadance of the Tokugawa shogunate, Tenkai decides to instead betray his Master (rather than kill him, he just locks him away instead) and establish a new shogunate with Oda Nobunaga as its head (not the Nobunaga that we know, but the ideal version of Nobunaga that he envisoned/wished for - which he intends to create with the power of the Grail in a manner similar to how Giles created Jeanne Alter).

Meanwhile, prior to the arrival of Chaldea, the Counter Force summons several Japanese heroes in order to deal with the situation. Problem is, due the connection with Tenkai and Nobunaga, most of those summoned are warlords from the Sengoku period - a bunch of maniacs who also decided to take this opportunity to attempt to establish their own new shogunate. As a result of multiple different factions vying for supremacy, Edo is reduced to an anarchic state where most governamental and political institutions cease to function.

When they first arrive, Ritsuka and Mash can't help but let themselves be dragged along by the chaotic situation. Things begin to improve once they rendezvous with Sakamoto Ryouma, one of the few Servants summoned by the Counter Force who is still trying to put order on the house. By cooperating with him, they manage to convince several warlords to put aside their personal interests and form an alliance to fight for the sake of the future of humanity. As she watches Ryouma's efforts, Ritsuka grasps the essence of charity, or rather benevolence - helping others for its own sake, without expecting nothing in return.

Final battle is the Chaldea alliance against the Tenkai faction. Just as they have him cornered, Tenkai is cut down by his Master (who had managed to break free) and has the Grail stolen away. The Master then makes the Grail go on a rampage and inadvertedly summons one of Goetia's Demon Pillars, which is then defeated by the alliance.

With the defeat of the Demon Pillar, the Singularity is solved and most of the incosistencies are amended by the corrective force. However, some distortions end up remaining due events unconciliable with proper history, leading to a higher incidence of supernatural activity in the following decades. Those would ultimately be solved in World War II, when the Bombing of Tokyo razed most of the city to the ground.

3rd Singularity
    Name: Expedition to the Wonders of the World - Oriente Poliano
    Subtitle: Wanderluster
    Human Foundation Value: B

Year: 1291 AD
    Grail Holder: Marco Polo
    Factions: Chaldea Security Organization, several minor factions

Description of Events: Underlying theme is Prudence. The setting is Central Asia (in this case, it also encompass the northern sections of the Middle East and the westernmost provinces of China), around the time of the time of Marco Polo's travels. Polo's accounts of the Far East fascinated the people of Europe and incited many of the sea expeditions towards the China and India that came later. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to that it was one of the main causes behind the advent of the Age of Discovery.

Unlike usual, there is no major threat to be fought here. When Polo obtained the Holy Grail, it immediately began to to fulfill his uncounscious wish for more adventures. As a consequence, this Singularity is something akin to fantasy world where small scale incidents are constantly happening and there is always a new wonder to see. Polo became so engrossed on the marvels found here that he postponed his return to Europe indefinitely. Thus, Chaldea's mission is to make him wake up from this dreamland and go back to real life.

The rest of the story is all about Ritsuka and Mash forming an adventurers party of sorts with Polo and following him around in his quests. By watching him work, they come to learn the essence of prudence - exhausting the limits of wisdom and reason in order to find the optimal solution for a problem. Meanwhile, Polo himself is reminded by them of the importance of cherishing one's roots and the ties that bind him to others.

At the climax of the story, Solomon (Goetia) makes a surprise appearance. What follows is pretty much identical to the outcome of the London Singularity. In the end, although they are successful in their mission of making Polo return to Europe, the Chaldea team leave this Singularity in a somewhat hopeless state due having realized how powerful the enemy that they must defeat truly is.

Incidentally, since nothing major really happened in this Singularity, the corrective force has no problem fixing the inconsistencies created by the events that happened here. Everything is just written off as "Marco Polo's feverish dream".

4th Singularity
    Name: Untrodden Devil's Sea - Brave New World
    Subtitle: First Conquistador
    Human Foundation Value: A+

Year: 1492 AD
    Grail Holder: Rodrigo de Triana
    Factions: Chaldea Security Organization, Columbus fleet

Description of Events: Underlying theme is Fortitude. A Singularity based on Christopher Columbus' first voyage and the discovery of the American continent. The importance of this event goes without saying.

This Singulairty was formed when Rodrigo de Triana (a crewman of Pinta and, secretly, a magus) despaired during the voyage and wished for an unsurmountable adversity that would make even the hard-headed Colombus turn back to Europe. As a result, the fabric of reality over section of the ocean where the three ships were located at the time was ripped apart and replaced with the sea of the Age of Gods, full of monsters and all supernatural phenomena. Colombus and his crew thus became stuck on that area without being able to reach the New World.

Similar to the last Singularity, there is no specific enemy to be fought here. Rather, this story is mostly about surviving the dangers of nature and the lingering threat of starvation. Also, in a reversal to what happened in Agartha, here Ritsuka and Mash should realize Colombus true nature right away and then slowly come to learn about his heroic qualities. Given their own circumstances, is pet theory of persevering against impossible odds in order to achieve his dreams ends up resonating positively with the Chaldea team.

At the climax, Rodrigo would become fed up with Colombus' stubbordness and lead a mutiny against him. Once cornered, Rodrigo uses the Grail to summon a Demon Pillar, whose defeat solves the Singularity. After that, Colombus ships are free to proceed voyage.

Incidentally, since Rodrigo's sole contribution to history was having the accomplishment of "first sight of the New World" stolen away by Colombus, his death is not particularly significant and ends up being quickly written off by the corrective force. However, the damage to the fabric of reality that produced this Singularity is not something as easily resolved. As a consequence, that particular region would suffer with paranormal disturbaces for centuries to come.

Thus, we have the origin of the Bermuda Triange.

5th Singularity
    Name: Third Estate Uprising - Libertas
    Subtitle: Gottlieb
    Human Foundation Value: EX

Year: 1793 AD
    Grail Holder: Marie Antoinette
    Factions: Chaldea Security Organization, Ancien Regime, Revolutionary army

Description of Events: Underlying theme is Justice. The setting is Paris, right in the middle of the French Revolution. Hands down one of the most important turning points of human history.

As a matter of fact, the source of everything is actually Mozart: little before his death, Goetia appeared before him and revealed what history had in store for Marie. That truth finally broke his will to resist and he sold his soul to Amdusias in order to extend his life a little more. He would then intervene in the French Revolution, giving his support to the monarchy.

Around that time, Mozart secretly infused the Holy Grail that received from Goetia into Marie's body in an attempt to make her immortal. To his surprise, the mystic properties reacted in a bad(?) way with Marie's own inherent disposition, coverting her into something close to an actual goddess (not unlike what happened with Lancer Arturia/Lion King). Goddess-Marie would eventually grow to a point that her existence would even begin to exert its influence retroactively in time. As such, rather than a simple Singularity, this is already coming close to an Anthropic Principle Collapse Zone.

When the Chaldea team first arrives in the Singularity, they are shocked to see the many Servants that sided with the revolutionary army ganging up on Marie and her few allies (Mozart for sure. Maybe d'Eon as well?). They ended up helping Marie on an impulse, but that would later bite them in the ass when the truth about the root-cause of the Singularity is revealed. They are then forced to make an important decision: continue to protect Marie, or abandon her for the sake of a greater good.

This story is an inquiry on the very nature of justice: to what point can the argument of "sacrificing the few for the sake of the many" be held as valid? No matter what the Chaldea team does, this Singularity will not be solved while Marie remains alive. Putting the convertion into a goddess aside, her death held an important symbolical significance for the historical French Revolution. The "lawful execution" of the idol that personifies the "rule of the nobility" by the representatives of the common people denoted an empowering of democratical authority. Even if she herself is yet another innocent victim, her life is a necessary sacrifice for the sake of the world.

Just as Ritsuka and Mash are struggling to come up with an answer, Marie decides to surrender herself to be executed. In the end, she was born as an idol - an existence that meets the expectation/fulfills the wishes of the people. So if they earnestly wish for a new tomorrow, she is supposed to comply even at the cost of her own life.

Of course, Mozart could not accept that, but he was unable to stop her either. After her death, he went into a rampage in rage and allowed Amdusias to completely possess him in order to destroy everything. In the final battle, the Chaldea team receive the assistance of Salieri, who deals the final blow on Mozart-Admusias and thus fulfill his charge as a Heroic Spirit.

6th Singularity
    Name: Final War of the Age of Gods - Pax Romana
    Subtitle: Root of the Emperor
    Human Foundation Value: A

Year: 14 AD
    Grail Holder: Mark Anthony
    Factions: Chaldea Security Organization, Roman Republic, Ptolemaic Kingdom (Egypt)

Description of Events: Underlying theme is Faith. This Singularity is based on Mark Anthony's civil war. Originally, that war was supposed to last for only 2 years (between 32 BC - 30 BC), but it got dragged well into the first decade of the AD calendar thanks to Mark Anthony obtaining the Holy Grail. Since victory in this conflict was a base premise behind Augustus rise to power, this also ended up delaying the establishment of the Roman Empire. With Augustus health beginning to fail due old age, Chaldea needs to settle this war as soon as possible in order to avert the complete collapse of this Foundation of Anthropic Principle (for better and for worse, Augustus is the only man capable of establishing the Empire).

When the Chaldea team arrives, the first Servant summoned by the Counter Force that becomes their ally right away is Julius Caesar - not the fat Caesar we know, but a young and handsome one. This is an idea drawn from one of my Servant sheets on him, but Caesar's birth was orchestrated by the Roman gods so that they had a proxy agent that could act on their behalf. An artificial genius (designer baby) whose role was to serve as a representative of Heavens on Earth. Caesar would abide to this role in his youth, but gradually turned his back away from it as he grew older - losing the many blessings granted to him in the process. His fatso appearance is the result of that "depravity".

At any rate, Caesar advises against joining forces with the Roman army, but instead forming an independent task force that can strike against the Ptolemaic Kingdom from a different angle. Despite having the odds stacked against them, the Chaldea team is able to repeatedly attain victory thanks to Caesar's strategies. In parallel, the Roman army also manages to obtain a similar degree success, something that makes Caesar uneasy for some reason.

The climax of the story is a raid quest on Alexandria, culminating in a boss fight against the Demon Pillar-transformed Mark Anthony. While the Chaldea team would come to symphatize with Mark Anthony (as his reason to fight was not ambition/desire for power, but merely a wish to protect his beloved Cleopatra), young Caesar scorned him as "a fool who got swindled by a woman" to the very end. At this point, Caesar attempts to snatch away the Holy Grail for himself, revealing his true objective to use it in order to reinstate the gods as rulers of the world.

However, he fails due an unexpected external interference: fatso Caesar, who also manifested in this Singularity and had been working together with the Roman army the entire time. Both Caesars were summoned by the Counter Force at the same time. But while fatso Caesar manifested as a representative of Alaya (humanity), young Caesar is an agent of Gaia (nature). Turns out that the Singularity manifested in a troublesome age, when these two aspects are at odds with each other, resulting in this sort of accident.

Young Caesar slanders fatso Caesar, accusing him of forsaking his holy duty and becoming corrupted by pursuing wordly, wicked desires instead. Fatso just brushes him off, saying that following one's dreams, living for the sake of one's love is the proper way of being for humans - something he only learned after meeting Cleopatra and Augustus. He also says that his younger self is not qualified to talk about human morality, as he treats people's emotions as nothing but a means (tool) to exploit them. As they watch the argument between the two, the Chaldea team comes to understand that the individual called "Julius Caesar" is a man of deep faith at his core. However, the target of that faith changed throughout his lifetime: while he held complete devotion towards the gods in his youth, he would eventually learn to believe in humans upon growing up.

In the end, fatso Caesar cooperates with Ritsuka and Mash to defeat his younger self and restore the Singularity. The capitulation of Alexandria marks the defeat of the Ptolemaic Kingdom, which allows Augustus to pacify the Mediterranean world and install the Roman Empire just before drawing his last breath. Although some inconsistencies remained, the corrective force is able to settle thing and put history back on track without much trouble.

7th Singularity
    Name: Supreme Aryan Empire - Urheimat
    Subtitle: Incarnation of Revenge
    Human Foundation Value: A++

Year: 4500 BC
    Grail Holder: Adolf Hitler
    Factions: Chaldea Security Organization, Fourth Reich

Description of Events: Underlying theme is Hope. A Singularity formed at the height of the Age of Gods, in the Northern region of the Black Sea. Since it involves one of the original human cultures, the Proto-Indo-Europeans (PIE), any anomalies here will inevitably have an effect on the civilizations that developed later in human history.

History was distorted when Goetia summoned Adolf Hitler to this age as a Servant and gave him a Holy Grail. Hitler immediately decided to make another attempt at the goal: create an eternal empire of the "genetically pure". He sought out the primitive community that he believed to be the original Aryans, became their leader and used them to recreate his vision of an ideal country. What follows is a version of the Holocaust that was turned up to eleven. Also, while he originally manifested as a Berserker, Hitler slowly begins to change into a Beast as time goes by.

This story is about confronting the darkest aspects of human nature without despairing. The MVP here is Edmond Dantes (who underwent a similar experience in the Chateau d'If), for managing to support Ritsuka's and Mash's spirits in his own twisted way. Furthermore, Mash is finally able to unlock Lord Camelot after overcoming a near mental breakdown.

At the final battle, Hitler turns into a full-fledged Beast. When all seems lost, the Chaldea team is saved by the appearance of a Grand Class Servant (which should have already been foreshadowed in one of the previous chapters). In the end, Hitler is defeated due to an oversight that he committed early on in the story (bonus points if that was actually planned beforehand by the Chaldea team or one of the other Servants).

The damaged caused by this Singularity is extensive, with thousands of people killed or displaced. The corrective force amended this by reinterpreting the deaths as accidents, and the displacements as the Indo-European migrations happening earlier.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; November 15th, 2019 at 01:40 PM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, this is really cool. I particularly like the idea that the Singularities had impacts on human history even when resolved, which was brought up in canon but never really addressed in more detail.

Blog Entries
    Got The Collected What If? as a Christmas gift. A lot of these seem like they'd be good potential Lostbelts.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Name: Starless Twilight of the Fifth Sun: Tamoanchan
    Subtitle: The Obsidian Butterfly Empress
    Lost Depth: A

Origin: 1520? AD
    King: Ītzpāpālōtl
    Crypter: ???
    Phantasy Tree: Butterfly

History:
    The divergence point for the Tamoanchan Lostbelt is the when the Spanish army, under Hernán Cortes, marched on Tenochtitlán. In this timeline, the slumbering Ītzpāpālōtl awoke and proceeded to do her best in order to smite the still asleep Huitzilopochtli (or rather the Sun, believing them both to be one and the same), calling out to her Tzimitzimeh subordinates to assist her.

When the Spanish arrived at Tenochtitlán, they and the Aztecs bore witness to the sight of the Sun turning black and the stars falling from the sky. The Tzimitzimeh proceeded to begin to possess many of the citizens of Tenochtitlán, exploiting their fear of change brought on by the arrival of the Spanish, and slaughtered most of the remaining humans, including Cortes and Moctezuma. Eventually, the Aztecs were able to temporarily appease Ītzpāpālōtl and the Tzimitzimeh using human sacrifices.

When Ītzpāpālōtl and the Tzimitzimeh began to grow discontent, the Aztecs directed them to the Spanish colonies in the Caribbean. The Tzimitzimeh took the Aztecs with them as servitors and went to slaughter the entire populace of the Caribbean. Again, the Tzimitzimeh began to grow discontent and prepared to slaughter the Aztecs, who in turn suggested that the Tzitzimimeh attack Europe. The problem with this was that they currently had no means of transport across the Atlantic, as the Aztecs had never developed the means to facilitate such and the few Spanish who managed to escape did so using ships. Thus, Ītzpāpālōtl and the Tzitzimimeh were temporarily stuck having to figure out how to solve this issue.

While they went about trying to resolve this issue, the Tzitzimimeh started to attack the Mayans and the Incas in order to gather food and sacrifices to bolster Ītzpāpālōtl’s power.

Eventually, a rather crude method of transport across the Atlantic was devised. Ītzpāpālōtl had the last remaining Spanish soldiers sacrificed to her, though they were not killed immediately. Then, she used her power to launch the barely alive soldiers into the air and they flew across the Atlantic. When they landed in Europe, the Tzitzimimeh would possess their bodies and go on a rampage. The Tzitzimimeh where ordered by Ītzpāpālōtl to seize a naval vessel and return to Mexico, where the Aztecs would be made to reverse engineer the captured naval vessel.

Although the war against humanity would largely be in the Tzimitzimeh’s favor, the Tzimitzimeh are limited by the fact that they had to possess human bodies in order to manifest in the mortal world. This limits their powers to some degree and if they go overboard in using them, they risk burning their vessel out (and several did while facilitating transport across the Atlantic). Additionally, Ītzpāpālōtl herself acts as a conduit for the summoning of Tzitzimiml, which drains a good portion of her power. Thus, the Tzimitzimeh are forced to rely on the Aztecs as muscle to avoid this.

This was the reason why Ītzpāpālōtl sent an Tzitzimiml strike force to seize a naval vessel. She knew that only using Tzitzimiml to attack Europe would ultimately fail, so it would be necessary to be able to transport an army of her Aztec servants across the Atlantic to avoid completely burning out her resources.

Regardless, during the time spent reverse engineering ships, Ītzpāpālōtl would occasionally send small Tzitzimiml strike forces to attack Europe while also sending her forces to conquer the rest of the Americas.

When Ītzpāpālōtl and the Tzitzimimeh launched a full-scale invasion of Europe, the Europeans were already terrified of the Tzitzimimeh and immediately scrambled a desperate defense against the invading Aztec-Tzitzimiml army. Although Europe managed to last for quite a while, their defense started to crumble when they had proven to be so great an obstacle that Ītzpāpālōtl herself had to directly intervene.

Slowly but surely, the Tzitzimimeh began to overrun humanity and pushed the surviving humans back to Asia. Now, Asia stands as the last bastion of humanity but both sides are aware that the humans are ultimately doomed no matter what.

Meanwhile, a small faction of Aztecs seeks to find a way to overthrow the Tzitzimimeh. Unfortunately, they have thus far had no success in discovering a method to accomplish this.

For the rest of the World’s peoples, an encounter with one of the Tzimitzimeh is certain death. The Tzimitzimeh are stand on a higher level of existence than humans and their high levels of Mystery greatly reduces the effectiveness of firearms against them. The one thing preventing the war from becoming a one-sided massacre is the fact that the Tzimitzimeh are limited by their mortal shells.

All the while, Ītzpāpālōtl routinely demands that human sacrifices be carried out in order to increase and maintain the power of herself and the Tzimitzimeh. As the war rages on, Ītzpāpālōtl waits in Tenochtitlán, commanding her Tzimitzimeh forces and preparing for an all-out attack on the Sun, seeking her eternal victory over Huitzilopochtli.

Relevant Servants in this Lostbelt
    Rider – Quetzalcoatl: A Servant summoned by Chaldea. She was summoned due to the Lostbelt being located in Mexico. She survives longer than many of the other Servants summoned to eliminate the Lostbelt, but ultimately burns out her entire mana supply while fighting Ītzpāpālōtl’s true form during the attack on the Phantasy Tree, though she does land the killing blow on her.

Saber – Moctezuma I: A Servant summoned into the Lostbelt by the Counter Force. Moctezuma is working with secret Aztec resistance in hopes of discovering a means to defeat Ītzpāpālōtl. However, he has no intention of destroying the local Phantasy Tree, instead seeking to take Ītzpāpālōtl’s place as the reigning Lostbelt King. He perishes during the assault on Tenochtitlán.

Lancer – Jaguar Man: A Servant summoned into the Lostbelt by the Counter Force. She is encountered by Chaldea early in the Lostbelt but is killed during their first encounter with Ītzpāpālōtl halfway through.

Archer – Billy the Kid: A Servant summoned into the Lostbelt by the Counter Force. He is encountered by Chaldea a quarter of the way in and manages to survive the first encounter with Ītzpāpālōtl but is killed by Cortes during an ambush shortly afterwards.

Rider – Christopher Columbus: A Servant summoned into the Lostbelt by the Counter Force. The Chaldeans do not trust him, having remembered his betrayal during the events of the Agartha Sub-Singularity. Whether or not he can truly be trusted remains to be seen. He barely manages to survive Ītzpāpālōtl’s attack on Chaldea halfway through the Lostbelt but is finished off by Cortes during an ambush shortly afterwards. His true motives died with him.

Saber – Gawain: A Servant summoned into the Lostbelt by the Counter Force shortly after the deaths of Jaguar Man and Columbus. He is killed by Ītzpāpālōtl during the assault on Tenochtitlán before the attack on the Phantasy Tree.

Berserker – La Serrana de la Vera: A Servant summoned into the Lostbelt by the Counter Force shortly after the deaths of Jaguar Man and Columbus. During the assault on Tenochtitlán, she is fatally wounded by the Tzitzimiml-possessed Crypter and dies shortly after killing them.

Lancer – Gareth: A Servant summoned into the Lostbelt by the Counter Force shortly after the deaths of Jaguar Man and Columbus. She is the only remaining summoned Servant by the time that the Phantasy Tree is destroyed.

Rider – Hernan Cortes: The Servant summoned by the Lostbelt’s Crypter. He is completely on board with his Master’s secret plans to subvert Ītzpāpālōtl and establish themselves as the new ruler of the Tzitzimimeh. At the moment, it is unknown why this is but it is most likely related to the “gold, glory, and gospel” ideology of conquistadors. He is killed by Ītzpāpālōtl during his Master’s failed betrayal of her.

Assassin – Ītzpāpālōtl: The King of the Mexican Lostbelt. Ītzpāpālōtl doesn’t particularly care for this Lostbelt’s Crypter, only caring that they assist her in her war against Huitzilopochtli. She seems to have some suspicion that they are secretly plotting to overthrow her and take control of the Tzitzimimeh themselves, but she does not consider them to be much of a threat either.

Near the climax of the Lostbelt, the Crypter attempts to betray her but she easily manages to overpower them, killing their Servant, Cortes, and having a Tzitzimiml possess the barely alive Crypter. When Chaldea attacks the Phantasy Tree, Ītzpāpālōtl unleashes her true form to defend it.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; July 14th, 2021 at 10:20 PM.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Name: Amarna: Light of the Endless Day
    Subtitle: The Serpent that Swallowed the Sun
    Lost Depth: A+

Origin: 1340 BC
    King: Akhenaten
    Fantasy Tree: Sunflower

History: During the reign of Pharaoh Akhenaten, a terrible calamity struck the Earth, permanently altering its rotation, and leaving it tidally locked to the Sun, in such a way that at Egypt’s latitude the sun would always be directly overhead. Ignorant of these matters, the populace took the perpetual noon as vindication of their pharaoh’s heretofore heretical beliefs. The people believed in the Pharaoh’s power. They believed in the might of the sun god. They believed that as the sun never ‘died’, the god and his representative, the pharaoh, had become immortal.

The people’s belief was absolute. Their god was their king, their king became a god. With the power of a god at their head, the armies of Egypt gradually conquered all the lands under the sun. And it was then that they made their second breakthrough, the one that made them all powerful. Mummification meant that the bodies of the dead could be preserved. Using necromantic magecraft, the Egyptians created an army of mummies with bodies encased bronze and stone. Though the process took time, the development of an immortal army with an immortal king secured their dominance over the world. All the people of the lands conquered were slaughtered and turned into further undead.

After their conquering, the mummies were turned into slaves, doing all the menial work, letting even the poorest peasant live a life of luxury and ease. With each passing generation, the legion of the dead grew under the control of the royal family, with even the smallest dissent crushed and assimilated into the legion. By the time of the modern era, every family has dozens, even hundreds of mummy-slaves, more than can be used. Humanity has become stagnant, idling their lives away in luxury at the service of the dead.

The sole blemish on their utopia is the half of the world that was plunged into endless night. The nations that lived there withered and died in the cold darkness, and the arctic waste became a place of nothing but terrible cold and monstrous beasts. Fearful of a place where their god’s power could not reach, the Egyptians have built a massive wall around the Earth, separating day and night, and maintain a force of mummies on the wall at all times to repel the hordes of hungry monsters that periodically attack, craving the light. To be cast out into the night is the punishment for the worst crimes.

The Crypter is a necromancer, whose magic involves raising the dead by way of inserting a spiritual familiar into corpses. They view dead bodies as their 'family', and have been known to kill and reanimate people they are fond of. They were assigned to the Egyptian Lostbelt due to the large number of undead.

Relevant Servants

Assassin Cleopatra: The most important Servant in the story. Due to her Noble Phantasm representing ‘the end of the pharaohs’, at the climax it is fused with the legends of Apophis and unleashed upon the royal palace, consuming both Akhenaten and the sun, opening the way to the Fantasy Tree. Aware of the threat she poses to the Lostbelt, she has been summoned and imprisoned by the Crypter, and rescuing her is the main goal of the first part of the Lostbelt.

Berserker Altera: An enemy Servant. Her tomb in the desert was uncovered by the Egyptians, and she was killed, mummified, and made into the general of the pharaoh’s army. She is essentially a zombie, with no will or personality of her own. Under Imhotep’s control.

Rider Antinous: The main ally Servant of the Lostbelt. Due to his Noble Phantasm giving him the authority of Osiris, he is capable of seizing command of the mummy army temporarily, making him essential in surviving their endless onslaught. He dies at the climax of the story, using Osiris’s authority to judge the dead to exorcise the mummy army, releasing the spirits of the dead.
    Read his profile here

Avenger Apophis: A monstrous beast that dwells in the Twelve Kingdoms of Night - the dark side of the world. As he is needed to defeat the sun god, the second part of the story involves tracking down and subduing him. He is bound by Cleopatra using Isis’s authority.

Rider Ozymandias: A Servant summoned by the Counter Force, to act as Ra in opposition to Aten. Mesektet is used to traverse the dark side of the planet, as it is the barge of dusk that carried Ra through the underworld. The Ramesseum is used as a mobile base in the final assault on the fantasy tree.

Assassin Nitocris: Summoned alongside Ozymandias by the Counter Force and acts as his attendant. Is her Assassin form as she acts as a spy, and has disguised herself as Medjed to facilitate this. She uses Horus’s authority to wrestle Apophis into submission. She drowns alongside Antinous using her Noble Phantasm to summon the Nile to paralyze the mummy army, as they are too heavy to swim.

Archer Akhenaten: The King of the Lostbelt, the pharaoh made immortal by the endless day and his people’s fervent beliefs. Commands a millions strong army of mummies, and can call down the power of the sun to incinerate people. The Fantasy Tree is in the center of the palace, directly beneath the Sun, and cannot be approached without being burnt to a crisp. He is killed by Cleopatra’s Noble Phantasm.

Nefertiti & Tutankhaten: Miniboss squad. Akhenaten’s wife and son. Like him, immortal. Nefertiti is a witch who is the source of the magic animating the mummies. Tutankhaten controls the battery cannons that defend the capital, and has a Noble Phantasm that allows him to curse people with inevitable death.

Caster Imhotep: The Crypter’s Servant. A cunning mage, architect, and strategist. Has constructed an airfleet of flying pyramids. He is Altera’s ‘Master’. After Akhenaten’s death, he uses the last flickering embers of the Sun’s dying light to mount a final defence of the Fantasy Tree alongside his master.
    Last edited by asterism42; December 27th, 2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Amarna: I loved the idea of SIN. I'm a sucker for these types of utopias; which is why this Lostbelt hit me right in that spot. I liked very much of the idea of a world that is perpetually divided between daytime and nightime, and all the MANY PROBLEMS that this would bring. This is one of those worlds where you can easily see where it all went to shit hahaha. But the idea of Egypt being the ultimate potency is very interesting, and I liked how the Pharaos thrived in this situation specifically. Very fitting.
    In general, an interesting sheet with plent of good Servants that have their own special parts on it. I became interested on those original ones, not gonna lie.

Tamoanchan: I came here from Ītzpāpālōtl's sheet and LET ME SAY. I was not disappointed in the slightest. This was everything I was waiting for and more! I was always very interested in Cortes's whole story here in South America. And this point of divergence, of a mighty, epic battle of unspeakable proportions, is super cool. I liked that you did touched on the topic of the obvious limitations of the Tzitzimimeh people and liked as well how they went around those. (Europe being attacked by these people instead of the contraty was also an amazing karmic thing hahaha.) I loved how they eventually became synonym of terror and certain death-- very fitting. ALSO. THE SERVANTS OF THIS LOSTBELT. I kinda want this to be a real thing just for this gacha hahaha.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Tamoanchan: I came here from Ītzpāpālōtl's sheet and LET ME SAY. I was not disappointed in the slightest. This was everything I was waiting for and more! I was always very interested in Cortes's whole story here in South America. And this point of divergence, of a mighty, epic battle of unspeakable proportions, is super cool. I liked that you did touched on the topic of the obvious limitations of the Tzitzimimeh people and liked as well how they went around those. (Europe being attacked by these people instead of the contraty was also an amazing karmic thing hahaha.) I loved how they eventually became synonym of terror and certain death-- very fitting. ALSO. THE SERVANTS OF THIS LOSTBELT. I kinda want this to be a real thing just for this gacha hahaha.
    Thanks for the kind words!

While I was working on the Servant roster, I thought hard about what Servants would fit in with the Aztec setting, which is why Quetz, Jaguar Man, Columbus, Moctezuma, and Cortes are in the roster. Gawain was thrown in due to his connection to the Sun, which Itz hates with a passion, and Gareth was also thrown in to give her a little time to shine. Billy was just one of those that randomly popped into my head and I figured "why not?". Same thing led to Cortes being summoned as the Crypter's Servant. La Serrana was picked because of a Eureka Moment I had while thinking about who to throw in, considering that she was (at the time) the only Hispanic Servant I had published a sheet for.

Unlike with the TATARI Lostbelt (not my best work, admittedly), I decided that it would be interesting to throw in some bits about what happens to them during the Lostbelt. I'm not going to go into making full summaries for my fanon Lostbelts though, since that would take more effort than what I'm willing to put in. But, I will continue to do what I did with this Lostbelt and its Servant roster.

SIN is actually one of my favorite Lostbelts, which is ironic because of its similarities to Brave New World, which I have a love-hate relationship with. My favorite one (right now) is Yuga Kshetra, since I really like Hindu mythology and think that Godjuna's little accelerated Yuga cycle is an interesting system. Horrifying, but interesting. But admittedly, I'm pretty sure that Atlantis/Olypmus will end up being my favorite because of how...big it all is. They really pulled out all the stops on that one, didn't they? Plus, the revelation that the Olympians are alien mecha is a nice little twist on Greek mythology.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    …I just realize that I really like Hindu mythology but have made no Servants based on characters from it. The closest I got was that Gandhi sheet I made, but that one was done purely as a joke.

I feel very embarrassed now…

Edit: I’m stupid. I forgot my Beast Vritra sheet. I should still make more Hindu Servants, though.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; December 29th, 2019 at 12:47 AM.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Why not go ahead and make some? Well, once you're all done with your current workload I mean. There are plenty of characters in the Mahābhārata and Ramayana alone that haven't been made yet for when you get there like Karna's wife Vrushali, one of the Kuru kings Parikshit, or any of the Varanas like Hanuman or Sugriva?

Blog Entries
    Good idea. Thanks!

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    No problem.