Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 81316171819202328 ... LastLast

Thread: Create A Singularity / Lostbelt

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BnEl: That is a good idea, but the tricky part is figuring out what man-made events could have possibly happened to lead to such a timeline.

Wyvern: Thanks, and that was exactly what I was going for. It seems like a theme with most of the Lostbelts is that they seem like pretty good places to live, but they have this big trade-off that makes them not be good places to live. This is my attempt at adhering to that, since most of the Lostbelts I’ve made are straight-up Crapsack Worlds.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post

Now onto Koga's Lostbelt:

I can see that you took quite a lot of inspiration from certain Lostbelts. For example Aton absorbing the strength of other Egyptian gods to become the singular deity of Lostbelt Egypt being a similar thing that Arjuna did with the gods of his Lostbelt. Becoming a god combined of all others.

I don't know enough about Egyptian history to properly understand the diversion point. But from what I can tell, you are saying that in Proper Human history, an action was taken which set the correct course of history. While in this Lostbelt, this same decision couldn't be reached, meaning that the ruler at the time was ousted from command and a new one took over.

There are a lot of mentions of the gods that were captured.

I think that you really need to focus on the events of the lostbelt as they relate to the state of the immediate area that will be explored by Chaldea when it arrives. Or by a Crypter character. Though having a calendar and proper timeline of events is interesting in its own way, I feel like your Lostbelt is losing an identity or proper overarching theme to the plot you built around it.
    Thank you Wyvern about the inspiration i made the lostbelt before the start of the Lostbelt from India and if i have understood you correctly is that you mean i have the Geographic range made a bit to great for the plots main idea right ? About the date of calendar and timeline differences as it is my first Lostbelt did i need to reconstruct the differences and the Reasons by it better .though i get the idea that i should do it similar like you in parts . Like should i in the first part concentrade the plot about Chaldeas first location ?

I can say that Chaldea will in the plot be forced to behave more stealthy and that it will be a romantic point there were Ritsuka and Mashu are forced to behave more like the romantic couple they are .

Also similar like you are explaining the Divine trees will i explain Nofretetes utopia and the living circumstances of the egyptic populace under her reign.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So he's my first try at a Singularity y'all. This features my Don Quixote Servant as the focal character so it might be better to check that out before reading the rest. I took some artistic license with the other characters too to fit the image I had in mind but that can be excused by "Cervantes changed some details in his retelling". As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!

Singularity
    : Fantasía- Longed-For Chivalric Reverie
    Subtitle: A Maiden Knight's Dream
    Humanity Foundation Value: C+

Year: 1605
    Grail Holder: Don Quixote

A Singularity whose break from Proper Human History came when Don Quixote managed to unwittingly obtain a Holy Grail. After her library of chivalric works was torched by her friends in an attempt to free her from her courtly obsession, Quixote briefly fell into despair and questioned whether she could ever truly become a knight. In that moment the Grail- which she'd originally overlooked as a mere innocuous trinket- activated in response to her unconscious wish for "a world where I can be a true hero".

Reality itself was warped at the seams as Spain regressed into a virtual Age of Gods, where the air was thick with Mana and mighty Phantasmal Beasts roamed the earth. A world where chivalry reigned supreme and a humble village-girl could truly be the glorious hero whose image she carried in her heart. What followed was a dream come true for Don Quixote as the newly baptized knight quested the land she called home, battling countless threats from monsters to evil knights and wicked enchanters that arose to face her. And merrily oblivious to the fact that it was her own wish to be a hero which manifested the threats she slew, their number and strength only growing greater as she craved ever greater obstacles to test her mettle.

A blissful paradise for the maiden-knight and infernal pandemonium for the rest of Spain who continually had their livelihoods threatened by unnatural maledictions that transgressed on common sense. For the kingdom she loves to truly know peace, Don Quixote would have to realize the truth and willfully renounce her chivalric dream. However that would surely be a hammer-blow of reality that might very well crumble the very foundations of this fragile haven asunder.

Keywords:

Spontaneous Mystery Saturation: An inherent phenomena of the Fantasía Singularity that can perhaps be viewed as an evolution of the Enchant Skill Don Quixote would possess as a proper Servant. Items, environmental features and even people within the Singularity will occasionally be randomly endowed with high levels of mystery. This saturation is enough to warp their basic nature, creating chimeras of fantasy and reality. A mere washbasin would become a helmet once wielded by an ancient king, a row of windmills could distort into fearsome giants and ordinary humans find themselves channeling the power of Heroic Spirits whose personalities they're compatible with.

This effect is an unconscious manifestation of Don Quixote's beliefs and desire to live in an "adventurous world". The longer her Singularity is allowed to progress, the more outlandish the friends and foes become as she seeks out new adventures greater than the ones before. If left unchecked the mystery levels within would rise unstably to put the Singularity itself on the verge of collapsing, potentially leaving a gaping rift in Proper Human History.

Characters:

Alonsa Quixano/Don Quixote (Lancer): The unknowing Grail Holder and lynchpin of the Fantasía Singularity. She wanders the lands of Spain seeking to put an end to the greater distortions manifesting in the world, oblivious to that they were brought into being by her own wish.

Sancho Panza (Saber): Quixote's childhood friend and begrudging squire who accompanied her on most of her misbegotten adventures. A realist with a blunt and greedy personality, he nevertheless cares deeply for Quixote and accepted being dragged around on her childish whims if it meant being able to keep her out of harm. Deep down he suspects something is wrong with the world of the Fantasía Singularity, but keeps quiet about it because he doesn't want to ruin his friend's happiness.

By normal means utterly unqualified to be a Heroic Spirit, under the aberrant conditions of the Fantasía Singularity he's become a Pseudo-Servant with Iolaus, Heracles' faithful companion and charioteer in Greek Mythology.

Aldonza Lorenzo/Dulcinea El Toboso (Rider): Quixote's (imagined) "lady-love" that she embarked on many adventures to woo. A farm-girl who gives the image of a proper lady but is actually a rough-and-tumble tomboy who prefers to settle disputes with her fists. Is wholly oblivious to Quixote's crush on her. In the Fantasía Singularity she became a Pseudo-Servant with Saint Martha.

Marcela (Archer): A beautiful shepherdess who fled her wealthy family to escape an arranged marriage. Became a Pseudo-Servant with Atalante.

Roque Guinart (Assassin): A chivalrous bandit who struggles to reconcile his violent nature with his strong sense of justice. Became a Pseudo-Servant with Yan Qing.

Knight Of The White Moon (???/Alter-Ego): An aberration amongst aberrations in the Fantasía Singularity. A shadowy "hole in the world" clad in battered knightly armor, its very presence serves to devour magic and mystery from its surroundings. As such, attacks rooted in fantasy are unable to harm it, while even holy swords and demonic spears lose their luster in its presence to become ordinary hunks of steel.

This enigmatic wraith occasionally manifests within the Singularity and rampages around, leaving a drab lifeless wasteland in its wake before disappearing. Quixote is utterly terrified of it, showing one of the few cracks in her gallant demeanor and will avoid fighting it whenever possible. Upon Chaldea's arrival and encounter with the mysterious shade Da Vinci theorizes it to be a living phenomenon that arose naturally as a counterweight to the predominance of fantasy in Quixote's Singularity, a hammer of "reality" that exists to pass judgment on those who flout its order.

In truth the Knight Of The White Moon is actually like every other unnatural phenomena in this Singularity born from Don Quixote herself. Specifically her repressed acknowledgment that her ideals are absurd and the world she exists in a manufactured theatre. Just like while dreaming one might feel a nagging awareness that something isn't right, this is the side of Don Quixote who rejects the perfect world (delusion) she created for herself. As such, its true classification is Alter-Ego.

As the saturation of fantasy rises within her Singularity the Knight's attacks grow more frequent and vicious. The only way to defeat the menace once and for all would be for Don Quixote to confront reality instead of running away from it. However that would require a moment of realization that may very well shatter her psyche outright...

"El Sabio Frestón"/Koschei The Deathless (Caster): A self-styled "evil enchanter" who claims to be the Grail holder and one behind the distortions in the world. His true identity is Koschei The Deathless, a genuine Servant pulled into the Fantasía Singularity to serve as the "villain" for Quixote's knightly fantasies.

His ability to manifest new bodies for himself as long as the phylactery of his soul remains intact and vast knowledge of Magecraft acquired across his immortal life make him an ideal nemesis for the intrepid Don to face off against in countless legendary adventures. A theatric individual who embraces the role of "villain" granted to him in this Singularity, in reality he's a weary and apathetic man from centuries of undying existence who craves to meet his end at the hands of a "true hero".

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i did not expect that you come out with a Sg for one of your older Servants, but it is a fun one. I dont quite get the Knight of the White Moon, but not from this Sg, their concept is cool, but in your Don sheet you linked it with a side of several authors. What does that mean?
    Else it is short, sweet and the ending is probably sad. perhaps wished to see a situation where she actually uses the NP of her spear. This distance slash is strong and sick
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    i did not expect that you come out with a Sg for one of your older Servants, but it is a fun one. I dont quite get the Knight of the White Moon, but not from this Sg, their concept is cool, but in your Don sheet you linked it with a side of several authors. What does that mean?
    Else it is short, sweet and the ending is probably sad. perhaps wished to see a situation where she actually uses the NP of her spear. This distance slash is strong and sick
    That link originally lead to a chapter in the book where Knight of the White Moon (a character who was once Don Quixote's neighbor disguised to try and snap him out of his delusions by force) first appears, but looks like it doesn't work anymore. Oh well, since the old thread is closed now I can't correct it anyways. In any case thanks for the feedback man!

Blog Entries
    Fantasía- Longed-For Chivalric Reverie:

Well, I suppose its about time I did my job as the originator of this thread and started giving back to the community who uses it!

So, in regards to Fantasia, I actually like how short and sweet it is. We know the cause of the singularity, we know how is causing it, and we know that some characters are tangentially aware that there is something strange going on. As well as an eventual reveal that, as with every tale of bravery Don Quixote has to her name, this one too nothing but another piece of her delusion. It would actually be quiteresting for her character and for the Chaldeans who come solve the singularity. Maybe it can even lead to an eventual confrontation or discovery that Don Quixote was the one behind it the entire time, and they were ust helping her live out her dreams.

Whether that's treated as tragic or as sweet depends on the author.

But I could see it going either way.

All in all, a pretty Solid Singularity with a solid cast and a nice resolution with many options.

Blog Entries
    Okay Here is the newest Lostbelt idea i had , little information may be intended

title: Mysterious Mountaines between the Worlds .
    Date : 330~ years after the Foundation of Roman Empire

Lost depth: A+

Fantasy Tree : Urartu
    Crypter: Eldar Gela Kuberis

Age anomaly detected : despite be time scale wise after the Age of Gods end in the Grreater History are availability of True Ether in the Atmospehre indicating that this World is still in the Age of Gods .

Synopsis: After Chaldeas team solved the last Lostbelt did they noticed a new etablished Lostbelt over Armenia as they were entering it through the Storm border was a sharp interference caused that the Shadow border was unequiped and that the Chaldea Core Team is sepearted from the Storm border Crew which caused that both entered the Lostbelt in different areas the Storm border did fallin the Caspian Sea as upon the entry of the Lostbelt werer the Shadow Border team able to determinate their position one time though later is the contact contact completely colapsed .

the Shadow border itself crushed into a Armenian Valley thankfully rather light damaged and still driveable . Though as they did send out for Scouting Achiles which they had still from ther last Lostbelt ...

Hmmm . THere seems nothing overly suspicious out here Master , in the far distance i see a Town and Mashu i think the Border has no dama... eeeghkhk !
    . Achiiles is sudennly expiring imense pain and fall to his knees . ("What is this feeling !? i feel in my entire Body immense pressure it s almost as i the World is crushing me .) , BE Carefully Master,Mashu an... ergh you others in there ! something isnt right here ! I feel a certain pressure it is almo...st if ..... . Without being able to finish his sentence is Achiles fading away as Mashu and Ritsuka instinctively are trying to running to him , as they are then shocked that they are outside .

Preparing and fearing a similar experience to happen to them until they realise that they arent feeling such a sensation themeselves . Visible confused as baffled have they wondering expression which Mashu and Fujimaru exchanging blinkingly gazes witheach other .

After that are they going in the Shadow Border and disccusing their Strategy ....

Involved Parties :

Tigranes II the Great : Lostbelt King (?)The Greatest Ruler of the History of Armenia ,as under him aswell withhin this Lostbelt the borders of Armenia were betweeen the Black and the Caspian Sea .Also once again is he now the Emporer which Rules the majority of Armenia espcially the Northern and western parts . Due to the pattern of his stae withhin the Lostbelt he is asumed to be the Lostbelt King.

Guardian General Kings of Tigranes: are four Pseudo or High servant their exact state is currently unknown but there were summoned by Tigranes to act as his Generals .

Mithridates IV Eupator: Was the Ruler of Pontus and he was already a trusty ally of Tigranes , thus was he summoned to be his right Hand .

Athanaric: Gothic Ruler which was specially known for his care of the Gothic culture which led him persecute the christianised Goths ,his current abode is in the south west of Tigranes Territory and is holding a fierce hostility towards tiridates III.

Charaton : Ancient Hunnic Ruler and ancestor of Atila and Bleda .He is mostly stationed at the Northern parts of Tigranes territories and occupied with the defending against the attacks of the Central Asiatic Equestrian peoples.

Fourth Guardian Ruler : their identity is unknown , but its known that this is the most reclusive individual amongst the General Kings.

Crypter

Eldar Gela Kuberis :

Khosrow II: One Servant of Gela (?), was the last great Ruler of the Sasasnian Persian , as his status as servant is confirmed and his cooperation with the Crypter let it asume that he is the servant of him .

Chaldea

Shadow Border Core Team

Rituka Fujimaru

Mashu

Davinci

Goredolf Music

Sherlock Holmes

Anania Shirakatsi :Caster class servant , he was summoned as Chaldea tried to summoned a servant did he appeared in the summoning . Is the Father of Armenian scince and philosopher , his great treasure of the Armenian Cultural knowledge will come in handy for Chaldea as he is their Culture guide and adviser .

other Parties :?

Tiridates III:a Pseudo ser Was the first Ruler which proclaimd Christianity as state religion . Does Control the Central Southern , he is a enemy to Tigranes andmay be willing to side with

Shappur II: Living Hero and actual Shahhanshah of Eran that rules the Sasanian persia , currently no outside threat but he planns to defeat threat that Tigranes Armenia is holding , but is truly a Enemie of the Enemy a friend of Chaldea ?

"wandering Warrior" : A mysterious in armor clad Knight whose identity is unknown to everyone ,but his actions are indicxating that he is one no ones side as he defended a Valley town against Tigranes Units , but also slaughtered once a Batailon of Tiridates as they wanted to destroy a old Anatolian Temple. is riding Horse that appears non mundane .

King Aetes : most famous Ruler of Colchis and Father of Medea ,a Stray Servant out of unknown Reasons the Sole Greek Servant in this Lostbelt.

Henry Avery: Legendary Pirate , the so called King of Pirates , has apeared withhin the Black Sea ,with a Crew of fellow Servant .

His appearance may be out of place but he may play later a significant Role despite having never summoned it does Ritsuka and MAshu think that they know him ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; July 27th, 2021 at 07:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    what is this

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    what is this
    I am afraid to find the answer to that question. Perhaps if we ignore it, it will go away.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Don't see what's with y'all's reactions here. Koga is just presenting a Lostbelt idea through a little story-snippet like many others in this thread. Far as I can tell it seems to have a "rejection of Heroic Spirits" akin to Wyvern's Brazil Lostbelt, possibly limited to Greek ones in particular.

Blog Entries
    I can attest to that. Koga has come to me with questions regarding Karmic Rejection and how I set it up for my Lostbelt. He seems to be going with his own variation of it for this Armenian Lostbelt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    I am afraid to find the answer to that question. Perhaps if we ignore it, it will go away.
    What should that mean i am honestly feeling offended by that , just because i still try to find a Lostbelt and singularity style for me and its just my second . I try to work it out step for step to make it similar like Wyvern in a sense .

I ask really what that reaction should mean .

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I can attest to that. Koga has come to me with questions regarding Karmic Rejection and how I set it up for my Lostbelt. He seems to be going with his own variation of it for this Armenian Lostbelt.
    Please tell me your opinion wyvern i have now worked it out more.

Blog Entries
    I cant get along with you style then.
    I feel like 'it is not like Wyvern', because Wyvern has a precise story and goal in mind. He knows what he does.
    To me it appears like this metaphor: We go into a restaurant and expect a fully prepared dish. You come to the table and give us a dish, but there are only potatoes on it. "The rest comes later!" Is what we hear from you. And then we hear how you ask a neighboring table for a recipe for the steak.
    And behold exactly that happened, now you added more stuff to it. I do not understand why someone releases something that is clearly not ready. This is not like the video game industry where that works. And after you initially posted it, then you asked in The Womb for more ideas who you could stick in your Lostbelt too.
    And I assumed that is the case right away because that is your modus operandi. I remember you did that with a Servant that was not ready, said it was completed later and people still said there are parts missing. Your latest Servant added relationships a day later too and you are still not done with your Egyptian Lostbelt.
    And what is so aggravating to me is that your language regressed! We talked about it and you somehow made steps backwards. It is really hard to read and the first impression is important.
    It is frustrating, I want this to be good, because this region is underrepresented and from the few things I did read about the armenian mythology it has to be a cool place to explore. But this aint it, chief.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I cant get along with you style then.
    I feel like 'it is not like Wyvern', because Wyvern has a precise story and goal in mind. He knows what he does.
    To me it appears like this metaphor: We go into a restaurant and expect a fully prepared dish. You come to the table and give us a dish, but there are only potatoes on it. "The rest comes later!" Is what we hear from you. And then we hear how you ask a neighboring table for a recipe for the steak.
    And behold exactly that happened, now you added more stuff to it. I do not understand why someone releases something that is clearly not ready. This is not like the video game industry where that works. And after you initially posted it, then you asked in The Womb for more ideas who you could stick in your Lostbelt too.
    And I assumed that is the case right away because that is your modus operandi. I remember you did that with a Servant that was not ready, said it was completed later and people still said there are parts missing. Your latest Servant added relationships a day later too and you are still not done with your Egyptian Lostbelt.
    And what is so aggravating to me is that your language regressed! We talked about it and you somehow made steps backwards. It is really hard to read and the first impression is important.
    It is frustrating, I want this to be good, because this region is underrepresented and from the few things I did read about the armenian mythology it has to be a cool place to explore. But this aint it, chief.
    i understand , but regressed !? i am surprised . i have a story in my mind for that Lostbelt and a certain Goal in it . though i must admit that perhaps my impatience has gotten over me as sometimes when i have some bost of inspiration i am like a Berserker servant in to act upon it.

i tried and planned to make it more out of the view point of Chaldea in that we (the Readers) arent seing or knowing more as them at the start .

i tried this approach in the narrative and about the servant ideas ihad alraedy planed almost all big numbers in the Lostbelt but some rather smaller fishs are still needed for this Lostbelt .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; July 28th, 2021 at 08:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Armenia Lostbelt 1.5

title: Path to a new World .
    Date : 330~ years after the Foundation of Roman Empire

Lost depth: A+

Fantasy Tree : Urartu
    Crypter: Eldar Gela Kuberis

Age anomaly detected : despite be time scale wise after the Age of Gods end in the Grreater History are availability of True Ether in the Atmospehre indicating that this World is still in the Age of Gods .

Background :

In this World were a event significant different then in the Greater History namely it started with some anomalies during the time of Julius Caesar ,the exact differences arent known but the later consequences were tthat the Roman Empire was not able to reach the state in our world instead was the Thracian Ruler Burebista able to prevent to fall victimof a Assassination plot so with help of Pompeius Magnus was he abe to conquer great Areas of the Balcan ,Generations later did in Armenia reappeared the greatest Ruler of Armenia Tigranes II and with him a great Army of overnatural Warriors that rebuild the old great Armenia of Tigranes Reign and even greater then in his Life it was the start of a chain of seldom events .

But to come back to the Thracian the clashed against the great Armenia of the returned Tigranes and as both forces noticed that they would both exhaus their Resources they formed a Truce and a friendship treaty . Aswell did they established a rich tradition that based on this treaty .

Th Religions in Armenia are still in colorful variation of from the original Folk religions with its indigenous Gods ,the Yazata of the Zoroastrianism ,remnants of Hellenistic traditions ,aswell the New faith that reached it ,it is the sacrelious religion of the Christianity that in the greater history should spread over the World .

However in this World it is still a minority , one that s not wanted , however similar like Tigranes appeared did emerge from the Course of time theacountable one for Armenias modern state Tiridates III the first christian King .The Humman did think that he must be a ambassador .He managed to create a Christian Kingdom that allied themselves with the Roman Empire and halted together the advance of Thracia and great Armenia but its still a pressure rich stalemate situation for all involved .

Especially as the Sasanian Persia noticed the boiling armenia siuation and found that it isnt ingorable.However as they are for Tigranes brother in the same Faith does he not see immediate reasons to expand into Persia .

Similar appearances of the two powerfullRulers of Armenia did appear withhin the Black Sea Alien ships of unheard designs . They started as pirates interfering with the Sea trade of between the Thracian and Armenia aswell their Sea Ceremonies until they settled on the Crim peninsular as welll did they started to establish a great Terrritory that Tigranes called "The Pirate Kingdom " and started to send his General Kings against their Area but they found out that not only on th Sea but also on the Land are they fierce and capable enemies that through their Raid on Water as wel Earth aused that Armenia could not further invade into he north as they allied with equestrian people of the central Asiatic steppes and armed them with better weapond aswell supplies so that Tigranes was forced to order one of his General Kings to be the Guardian of the northern borders .

The participating players

Red line = Great Armenia

Blue Line = Christianic Empire of Anatolia

Yellow : Thracian Empire

Violet : the Pirate Kingdom

Great Armenia

Armenian High King Tigranes II the Great

Ancestor of Ravenous Hunn Charaton

Steadfast Guard of the Germanic Pride Athanaric

Master of Poisons - Secretary King Mithridates IV Eupator

??? ???

Christianic Empire of Anatolia

Tiridates III

Mysterious Hero - Tetri Georgi

Saint of Protection - Saint Sebastian

Tamar of Georgia

"Pirate Kingdom Humanus"

The King of Pirates Henry Every

Lion of Yannina Ali Pasha

Hungarian Hercules Pal Kinizsi

Great Monghol Warhound Subutai

Master of Imperial Fleet Zhen He

Serbian Hero of Rebelion Hajduc Veljko

The Demise of Persia Bahram Chobin

Thracian Kingdom

Decebalus II

Sasanian Persia

actual Ruler Shapur II

Author notes :Sorry for the bland layout i tried like Wyvern the table functions but i had a set of problems perhas due to the server move ,i try to solve them and build it up with more info .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; August 3rd, 2021 at 04:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    So, here’s another little idea I want to throw out there. We’ve seen timelines where Sefar killed the gods but lost to Exaclibur, timelines where the Machine Gods defeated Sefar, and timelines where Sefar won, but what about timelines where Sefar’s invasion of Earth never occurred?

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Thats something I am working on for one of the Lostbelts adjacent to El Dorado. I mentioned it on my latest Contest entry.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

RE: Fate/Grand Order - 4th Singularity (v.1.1)

Symbol Table:
    ■■■■■ - Black Spoiler Box. Click to reveal.
    A/N: Click on Image to reveal Singularity.
    Your song recommendations for this Singularity include anything from the Bloodborne or Castlevania OST to get into the gothic, dark fantasy tone of the chapter. But if you have no originality, turn on the French National Anthem as loud as you can. Put on slow-mo too if you want.

But seriously, I hope you guys like Bloodborne, because what we are about to face are the type of horrors that will have you checking under your bed. Unless you have a good weapon and stamina, you have no chance to survive this monster flick…
    “I ask for no forgiveness Jeanne, for what I’m about to do.”

Fourth Singularity
    Human Foundation Value: B+
    Human Order Incineration Incident
    A.D. 1431
    The Dark Hundred Years' Extermination: Orleans
    Absolution of the Fallen Knight

Grail Holder: Avenger - Jeanne d’Arc (Alter) (RE: F/GO)
    Demon God Pillar: Leraje
    Factions: Chaldea Security Organization, Black Witch Order, Holy Alliance

Description of Events:

The Hundred Years’ War was a conflict lasting the longest in human history. It was one of the biggest fights between Britain and France, making it a notable conflict near the end of the Middle Ages. It was a conflict that decided the fate of France, whether it be a free nation belonging to the French or a slave to the English.

The tides turned in the French's favor with the appearance of a certain holy maiden. It was as if their spirits were reinvigorated with this woman who claimed to be sent from God. With her, they fought back the English and paved the way to a French victory. Despite all this, she was later put to death and burned at the stake, abandoned by the nation she fought for.

Jeanne d’Arc died a witch, but through time became a savior who died for her nation…

…Soon after the death of Jeanne d’Arc, the monsters came.

What should have slowly led to a French victory after Jeanne's death was instead the release of horrifying monsters onto the country of France. They took Orleans in an hour, spreading across the land. They burned and pillaged everything in their path, with no humans left spared. And those who were spared were instead taken back to the monsters' new home. But death would be a preferable option, with humans who are trapped in Orleans suffering fates that only the darkest parts of the human imagination can imagine.

Who were these monsters? How did they appear?

That was when powerful overlords controlling the monsters were seen in Orleans, leading the assault from the heart of the invasion. The Dark Lords, they were called, generals part of the organization known as the Black Witch Order. And the leader of the Order? Many whispers and rumors lead to one truth: the resurrected Jeanne d’Arc, a twisted being wanting revenge on France for their betrayal.

—In this Singularity, the Black Witch Order has taken half of France, their monsters having occupied the new territory and driving any surviving humans out. At the rate they're going, they may expand outside the country very soon. A front against the Order has been created, with remnants of the French and British armies, and the Church combining resources into the Holy Alliance. They have been able to slow down and even take back some of the territory lost. But without taking out the Dark Lords, the Order can replenish anything they desire nigh-infinitely. To make matters worse, corruption is rampant in the Alliance's leadership. This is the same type of corruption who are rather insistent on demonizing Jeanne even further and are quick to accuse the smallest acts of suspicion made by humans as spies and shapeshifters from the Order. This has hindered the Alliance's progress against the Order and is allowing the latter to slowly overcome.

With humans too busy destroying themselves, this isn't even a war anymore.

This is an extermination.

Spoiler:
    Prelati appeared in the Singularity with the Holy Grail, with instructions from Solomon to oversee its growth. Using the Grail, Prelati created a new Jeanne out of the Grail itself, twisting and modifying her from the
    Chaos Tide
    mud of the Grail
    . Jeanne (Alter) then summons four more Servants, who would become the Dark Lords. The newly-formed Dark Lords would begin their campaign from Orleans, killing or converting thousands of people in days.

Wanting to awaken an Outer God and knowing Solomon would not allow itFor unknown reasons, Prelati would betray the Singularity’s other overseer, the Demon God Pillar Leraje, and almost succeed in killing him. Prelati would succeed in tricking the connection between Solomon and Leraje. Leraje would fake his death and vows revenge on Prelati. Leraje gets the idea to use Prelati’s best friend Gilles to get close to Prelati and kill him. Then he could retake control of the Singularity using Gilles’ body.

Leraje would appear before Gilles as a "holy spirit". He convinces Gilles that Jeanne (Alter) is an imposter made by his former best friend Prelati and that the Grail in his possession could bring back the real Jeanne. With the hope of resurrection, Gilles accepts Leraje's offer and allows Leraje into his body. Leraje would give Gilles specific instructions to move into Orleans, while also giving Gilles the power of a Servant.

Unbeknownst to all factions, the real Jeanne d'Arc would be summoned by the Counter Force at the same time as Chaldea Rayshifting into the era. Chaldea and Jeanne were originally meant to meet, but due to Prelati's interference, Chaldea was sent right into enemy territory while Jeanne manifested in her home village Domrémy. Jeanne would later meet Edmond Dantés and form a strange partnership. Both of them would make their way to Orleans while helping people affected by the Order's attacks.

Key Characters:

Chaldea Security Organization
    Shielder (Demi-Servant) - Mash Kyrielight:
    The Servant of Ritsuka Fujimaru, the Master of Chaldea.

She is inherently horrified by the cruel and unusual deaths compared to other Singularities but pushes on with help from their allies in Orleans. Despite the short time they have in the Singularity, she and Ritsuka form a bond with all of their group. Through the Singularity, she learns the importance of forgiveness, and the positive and negative connotations it has on people. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■She is one of the few people who forgive Bluebeard–Gilles for his betrayal.

Saber (Living Human) - Gilles de Rais:
    The main ally of Chaldea and the main focus of the Singularity. A former knight that served under Jeanne d’Arc before her execution. He is the first ally Chaldea makes in Orleans.

Gilles is one of the few people in France who does not believe Jeanne (Alter) is the vengeful reincarnation of the Holy Maiden. He sees her as an imposter who is attempting to sully Jeanne's legacy and has resolved to kill her himself to preserve her memory and the last wishes she had for him. But Gilles knows deep down that he doesn't stand a chance against her even with his tactics and wealth. When Helsing calls him out on this, he admits to Chaldea he is sick and tired of the people thinking of Jeanne as a monster, and he has lost the reason for living with Jeanne's guidance. He has pretty much assigned himself a suicide mission to take out Jeanne (Alter)— or die trying.

His inability to forgive some people is one of the reasons why he had steered completely away from the Holy Alliance, as it had some of the people who had ordered Jeanne’s execution. Chances are if he even gets a glimpse of them, he is not going to be able to stop himself from doing something horrible to them. That’s why he urges Chaldea to stay far from the Holy Alliance, not because of his selfish reasons but due to untrustworthy people in the Alliance he is aware of.

■■■■■■■■■■■■After Chaldea succeeds in finally killing Jeanne (Alter), it is revealed that Gilles had told them half of the truth for the reason of him being in Orleans. Coming back from brutally murdering Pierre Cauchon and his goons, a crazed Gilles swipes the Grail from Chaldea. He then reveals he had made a contract with the Demon God Pillar Leraje long before Chaldea had arrived. This is the reason why Gilles was much stronger than usual, with Leraje promising him the Holy Grail if he could kill Prelati.

Originally, he had planned to resurrect a pure Jeanne d’Arc with the Holy Grail, but he had started to see the more evil and ungrateful natures of humans, made worse with Leraje and Prelati’s subtle manipulations. If he had brought back Jeanne, the cycle would just begin again.

Despite admitting his gratitude for Chaldea trying to restore Jeanne’s innocence, he has had it with the overshadowing amount of people that hate and fear Jeanne. Gilles unveils his plan to destroy everyone in Europe with the Grail instead of reviving Jeanne. With Leraje’s help, he would kill every last human who has ever existed, preserving Jeanne’s innocence and allowing him to finally destroy the “ungrateful humanity”. To put the final nail in the coffin and ensure he takes in all the world’s hatred, he accepts his future and uses 「Prelati’s Spellbook」.

His usage of 「Prelati’s Spellbook」 kills the Knight of the Holy Maiden—

—And in his place, the Demon Marshall is reborn.

Lancer - Abraham van Helsing/Vanessa Helsing:
    A Servant summoned by the Counter Force. The character Abraham van Helsing from Bram Stoker's novel was inspired by an actual person, the female Dutch Doctor Vanessa Helsing.

Long before Chaldea had arrived at the Singularity, Helsing had been killing Jeanne (Alter)’s monsters and giving the people the knowledge of how to kill them. She isn’t affiliated with the Holy Alliance for the same reasons Gilles is: many religious fanatics who despise any scientific teachings that go against the Church, which Helsing had been teaching despite being a woman of faith herself.

Helsing first appears by rescuing Chaldea from Lycaon’s faction, using various tools and tricks to completely cover their escape. She joins Chaldea as an ally and becomes a major asset in helping Chaldea take down the Black Witch Order.

Caster - Medea:
    A Servant summoned by the Counter Force. The Witch of Betrayal joins Chaldea during their siege on Frankenstein’s factory.

After sneaking into Orleans City, she manages to defeat Lycaon, Frankenstein, and Carmilla in order before tiring out and being defeated by Assassin of Broken Glass. She is transferred to Frankenstein for his experiments until Chaldea laters comes across her and frees her from confinement. She ends up joining Chaldea in their mission to take down the Black Witch Order.

■■■Getting an idea to build their own army of monsters, she leaves the party temporarily to start building an army of Dragon Tooth Warriors to match the Order’s numbers. She and Shirou return to reunite with Chaldea in Assassin of Broken Glass’s territory. With Medea’s ancient magic and Shirou’s Executor experience, Chaldea is finally able to render the ghostly Servant vulnerable and defeat her.

With the final Dark Lord defeated, Medea sends her army of Dragon Tooth Warriors to intercept the Order’s army. Medea’s magic proves instrumental in the final clash with Prelati, Jeanne (Alter)■■■, and Bluebeard–Gilles.

■■■■■■■■■■■■She survives the Singularity and bids Chaldea farewell until they meet again.

The Black Witch Order
    Avenger - Jeanne d’Arc (Alter) (RE: F/GO):
    A Servant summoned by François Prelati and the leader of the Black Witch Order. A calculating and cruel mockery of the original Jeanne d’Arc, she is the ruler of all the dark creatures humanity once drove away and has no mercy for the people that let her burn at the stake.

She is an extremely powerful and dangerous Servant created by the Holy Grail, with near inexhaustible mana and strength. Jeanne (Alter)’s abilities revolve around transforming and controlling living organisms through touch, which explains how she was able to create so many monsters in a short amount of time (These abilities are translated to her Black Witch EX skill). They do not just mutate the body and mind, but the soul itself. Medea notes that once a person is transformed, there is no saving them as Jeanne (Alter) is the only one who can reverse it. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■When Chaldea meets Prelati in Frankenstein’s factory, he offhandedly remarks that in one timeline, Jeanne (Alter) would have controlled dragons instead of monsters. She is a dangerous existence to the World that must be pruned at all costs.

In short, she is truly the Queen of Monsters.

Caster (Living Human) - François Prelati:
    The second-in-command of the Black Witch Order ■■■■■and one of Solomon’s Acolytes. The magus that was indirectly responsible for Gilles de Rais’ fall from grace.

■■■■■■He is the reason for the Singularity ending up as it is, using the Holy Grail so he could create Jeanne (Alter) in hopes he could sway and corrupt Gilles to his side with her, with him unsuccessful. He also had betrayed the Demon God Pillar Leraje for unknown reasons, seemingly killing it for his plans.

Enigmatic and manipulative, his final goals are completely unknown. All that is known is that he enjoys the suffering and pain of others. His magecraft centers around illusions, which are powerful enough to trick the land itself. And even though he is clearly older than he lets on, he still has childish tendencies, with his love of sweets and monster stories such as Dracula and Frankenstein. The latter is his inspiration for giving Jeanne (Alter) her abilities to create and control monsters.

■■■■He is revealed to be the Faceless Magus from the London Singularity, who gave the Demonic Fog its illusion-creating abilities. He is also responsible for the random Sea Demons that attacked Chaldea in the Bermuda Singularity, as he had been testing them until he decided they were not a threat. But with Chaldea in this Singularity, Prelati has decided to take them a bit seriously, and his Noble Phantasm 「Grand Illusion」 proves to be complete nightmare fuel■■■■■■ in Assassin of Broken Glass’ territory.

■■■■■■■Even after being killed by Medea and Helsing, there is still the lingering doubt if he is truly dead. Not only his illusions are potent, but as his still-living counterpart has obtained reincarnation-related immortality, Prelati may have somehow obtained this due to his time serving Solomon. With the complete resolution of the Singularity, his fate is unknown.

Be wary of this demon in a child’s form. He is an unsympathetic monster not worth the forgiveness.

Berserker - Lycaon:
    “The Wolf King” ––– A Dark Lord of the Black Witch Order and a Servant of Jeanne d’Arc (Alter). He is the first Dark Lord Chaldea faces.

Lycaon has no defined territory that he and his pack inhabits, but his faction is the largest out of all other lords. Humans can try to run and hide from this apex predator, but they cannot escape this relentless monster.

Lycaon immediately differentiates himself from the other Lords by constantly hunting Chaldea, when later Chaldea will be going straight to the last 3 Lords. With almost no time to breathe, Lycaon comes very close to killing Fujimaru and his allies if not for the timely appearance of Helsing who helps them escape the lycans’ superior tracking skills.

■■■■With Helsing's monster hunting knowledge and Gilles' tactics, Chaldea can replan and start pushing through the lycans. The tides turn more in their favor when the Holy Alliance arrives led by Mordred and Astolfo. With their help, Chaldea can finally confront Lycaon himself and kill him.

La Bête Du Gévaudan - Berserker-class:
    An underling of Lycaon. A lupine monstrosity whose appearance cannot be discerned, only its silhouette and glowing red eyes are seen.

La Bête was indeed a real beast of an unnamed, now-extinct Phantasmal Species that terrorized and killed hundreds of victims. The Mage’s Association had intended to finally kill the beast, but a common hunter was able to trap and kill it.

La Bête does not possess the specific capacity to be a Servant as it is treated more as a Phantasmal Beast (A/N: The best comparison of a famous non-Servant to La Bête are Fafnir and Cerberus.)

Ruler - Victor Frankenstein:
    “The Mad Doctor” ––– A Dark Lord of the Black Witch Order and a Servant of Jeanne d’Arc (Alter). He is the second Dark Lord Chaldea faces.

He spends most of his time working in his laboratory somewhere beneath Orleans. Whatever he is attempting to create is unknown, but the humans brought here suffer a fate only left to the darkest parts of the human imagination.

Originally, Victor Frankenstein could not become a Servant. However, he has undergone Phantom Fusion ■■■with the Titan Prometheus, allowing for fire-based abilities and an even wider understanding of the human race at the cost of his human morals. ■■■■He has been kidnapping humans and taking them to his underground laboratory in his insane attempts to create the “perfect” human. He does not desire the destruction of humanity and wishes to repopulate the world with ageless and improved humanity. He has been able to create clones of himself, replicating that of a certain puppet maker with a Sealing Designation.

He shows no number for the amount of people that he killed and/or twisted into abominations, and does not expect Chaldea to forgive him. He does tell Chaldea that he truly desires to conquer humanity’s desire to live forever. He feels he is the only one who must burden himself with this task, and wants to finally finish what he failed to do in his previous life. Unfortunately, his obsession has led him to treat humans like experiments in the long run.

■■■■■■■Once Chaldea finally kills him, he is finally reminded of the reason why he had walked the path he was on: to resurrect his family, whom he loved very deeply. He had not expected his family to forgive him for his crimes, but he wanted to bring them back anyways. He dies lamenting his sins for the first time.

Eve - Berserker-class:
    A duplicate of Frankenstein's Monster created by Victor Frankenstein. She is the “perfect” human Frankenstein had been creating, using many of the kidnapped villagers as research and trial-and-error experiments to perfect Eve. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■She is also a spare vessel for Frankenstein to inhabit should she fail and all of his clones are somehow deactivated.

She was not meant to have any semblance of personality, as she was meant to be a female template for Frankenstein’s new humanity. However, there is some lingering thirst to please her creator, treating him as her father.

■■■■■■Once Chaldea corners Frankenstein after destroying most of his clones, Frankenstein is given no choice but to activate Eve. Frankenstein does not exaggerate when he had been attempting to perfect Eve, as Eve is an extremely powerful threat that gives Chaldea trouble until Gilles using Prelati’s Encouragement. When Frankenstein is fatally injured in the struggle, Frankenstein possesses Eve, eliminating any semblance of personality in her.

Because she is a copy of the Heroic Spirit Frankenstein's Monster, she does NOT possess any aptitude to be a Servant.

Assassin - Carmilla:
    “The Blood Countess” ––– A Dark Lord of the Black Witch Order and a Servant of Jeanne d’Arc (Alter). She is the third Dark Lord Chaldea faces.

She lives in a dark, but regal castle on the outskirts of Orleans. Human villagers in her territory are offered to Carmilla in the form of appeasement. It is said that the ancient curses and advanced traps are not the only horrors dwelling in that musty, cold chateau.

When summoned as a Servant, Carmilla would always be summoned as a vampire due to her legend. But due to being modified by Jeanne (Alter), she has evolved from a vampire into a Dead Apostle, making her even more dangerous than before.

Lancer - Medusa (Alter):
    An underling of Carmilla■■■■■■■■■, and originally a Servant summoned by the Counter Force.

■■■■■■■■Originally, she was summoned as a Rider, but she was kidnapped alongside her sisters by the Black Witch Faction. Their Saint Graphs and memories were heavily modified, with Medusa showing a surprising amount of power due to her connection to Gorgon. As Medea stated, Medusa and her sisters cannot be restored. Her vampiric abilities have also been heavily exaggerated.

She is first foreshadowed after Chaldea comes across numerous petrified victims in Carmilla’s territory, who makes her full appearance along with her sisters inside of Carmilla’s castle. Being surrounded by the sisters, vampires, and the Dead, Chaldea is forced to retreat deeper into the castle.

■■■In Medusa (Alter)’s last moments, she comes back to her senses and apologizes for attacking. Ritsuka forgives Medusa and also apologizes to her for not being able to free her and her sisters.

Assassin - Stheno:
    An underling of Carmilla■■■■■■■■■, and originally a Servant summoned by the Counter Force.

■■■■■■■She was kidnapped by the Black Witch Faction and had her Saint Graph heavily modified. Her vampiric abilities have also been heavily exaggerated.

Stheno is fought in the old ballroom, alongside very powerful vampires and Carmilla herself. Against the odds, Stheno is killed by Chaldea, much to Carmilla’s anger.

Archer - Euryale:

■■■■■■She was kidnapped by the Black Witch Faction and had her Saint Graph heavily modified. Her vampiric abilities have also been heavily exaggerated.

They fight her a second time in the courtyard of Carmilla’s castle, who gives Chaldea trouble with her arrows. Chaldea prevails in the fight, and she is the first of the sisters to die.

Assassin of Broken Glass - ■■■■■■■■■■Bloody Mary:
    “The Phantom Queen” ––– A Dark Lord of the Black Witch Order and a Servant of Jeanne d’Arc (Alter). She is the fourth and final Dark Lord Chaldea faces.

Mysterious and elusive, she’s only ever been seen in the abandoned mansion shrouded completely in fog. Those who have escaped the fog have found two things: the complete absence of any form of life, and many, many broken mirrors…

■■■■■■■(A/N: Assassin’s whole territory is pure nightmare fuel, filled to the brim with ghosts, deafening silence, and unsettling illusions created by Prelati. It’s a suspenseful build-up that keeps both the characters and the audience guessing what will happen next. Assassin and her ghosts will also start hunting the group, and the former is only stopped by destroying any reflective material.)

The Holy Alliance
    Saber - Mordred Pendragon:
    A Servant summoned by the Counter Force, allied with the Holy Alliance.

Chaldea runs into Mordred and her partner Astolfo multiple times in Orleans, working together to kill Lycaon and Frankenstein. Despite Chaldea not being of the Holy Alliance and Gilles’ discomfort and annoyance with the latter, Mordred gets along quite well with them, even offering to help Mash get stronger by training with her.

When asked about her relationship with King Arthur, Mordred, while angry, admits that she never hated Arthur and admired him deeply. The reason why she had led the rebellion against him was she wanted to prove herself to him. She just wanted an answer she never got from him. Later, she begins contemplating whether either of them would be able to forgive each other for what they did to each other.

■■She is one of the last surviving Servants in the end, after assisting Chaldea in taking down Bluebeard–Gilles.

Rider - Astolfo:
    A Servant summoned by the Counter Force, allied with the Holy Alliance. A knight of the 12 Paladins.

He serves as the heart of the group, both for the Holy Alliance and Chaldea. He proves instrumental in the final battle against Jeanne (Alter), battling airborne demons with his hippogriff to prevent them from spreading the
    Chaos Tide
    mud of the Grail
    across the continent.

■■■Unfortunately, he is killed by Prelati, who taunts the group with his death.

Ruler - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada:
    A Servant summoned by the Counter Force, allied with the Holy Alliance. The teenaged leader of the Shimabara Rebellion materialized in this Singularity to counter the undead and demonic monsters that roam it.

As scheming as he is, he is one of the Holy Alliance’s council leaders who defends Chaldea and convinces the council to let them do their work. He does end up assisting Chaldea multiple times, killing the rest of Carmilla’s vampires and familiars attempting to escape. ■■■■He gets his time to shine during Chaldea’s assault on Assassin of Broken Glass’s territory, injuring Prelati and exorcising Assassin permanently. Still, he ends up sacrificing himself to buy Chaldea time to escape while fending against the legions of angry spirits Assassin commanded.

Even with the brief time they had, he forms a strange but trusting relation with Medea. It is probably because Shirou was reminded of another scheming, regal temptress he must have once worked with.

Pierre Cauchon:
    One of the council members of the Holy Alliance, although it should be noted he is placed there because of his status and not his skill. He is the bishop that sentenced Jeanne to burn at the stake.

Vain, hypocritical, and assured of his self-righteousness, he is an obstacle to Chaldea that he wants to see both them and the Black Witch Order gone. He sees no remorse for any of his actions and was more assured of Jeanne’s status as a witch with the rise of Jeanne (Alter). He has plans to overthrow any opposing leaders to him in the Council and crown himself Pope.

■■■■■In the final assault on Jeanne (Alter)’s base, he finally gets his just desserts with Gilles brutally killing him and his corrupt followers, with Gilles leaving him to be eaten alive by the lycans. Despite this satisfying death, the cruelty and blame both Pierre and most of France put on Jeanne cause Gilles to finally snap.

Unaffiliated
    Avenger - Edmond Dantès:
    A Servant summoned by the Counter Force. The titular Count of Monte Cristo whose loyalties are unknown to Chaldea.

A wild card to all factions, he first appears helping Ritsuka and Mash escape Carmilla’s dungeons. He is extremely cryptic about his reasons for helping Chaldea, assuring them that he is on their side but is simply “caught up with guarding an annoying woman.” He warns them not to trust Gilles before disappearing. He would show up multiple times later, observing all factions and wondering how “she” will finally show up to end it all.

■■■■His role is finally revealed in the battle against Bluebeard–Gilles, with that he was protecting the real Servant Jeanne d’Arc on their way to Orleans City.

He is one of the last surviving Servants in the end, after assisting Chaldea in taking down Bluebeard–Gilles.

Demon God Pillar - Leraje:
    The Demon God Pillar overseeing the Orleans Singularity.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■Alongside Prelati, they had been overseeing the Singularity’s growth. But Prelati would betray Leraje and attempt to kill it, tricking the connection between Solomon and Leraje. A vengeful Leraje fakes his death and makes a contract with Gilles de Rais under a benevolent guise. A weakened Leraje would empower Gilles with the qualities of a Servant until it would regain its power.

Leraje manipulates Gilles throughout the Singularity, although Gilles’ will holds on for a long time until near the end. Leraje would finally manifest once Gilles becomes Bluebeard–Gilles. In the final battle, Bluebeard–Gilles summons Leraje through 「Prelati’s Spellbook」, making them both the final boss alongside hordes of sea demons and monsters.

Leraje is finally killed thanks to Medea and Helsing’s combination attack. He dies cursing both Chaldea and Prelati as he disappears before Bluebeard–Gilles.

Spoiler:
    Caster (Living Human) - Bluebeard:
    The climax boss of the Singularity. The Demon Marshall was originally Gilles de Rais until he finally used 「Prelati’s Spellbook」. (A/N: Also referred to as Bluebeard–Gilles to show that the Gilles Chaldea was with has turned Bluebeard.)

With full intentions to completely erase France, an empowered Bluebeard–Gilles summons an army of sea demons against a tired Holy Alliance, going as far as to summon Leraje itself thanks to being a host of the Demon God Pillar and using the Grail. All hope seems lost until the real Jeanne d’Arc comes to raise morale and fight Bluebeard–Gilles herself along Chaldea. In a tense battle with man against monster, Bluebeard–Gilles and Leraje are defeated with Leraje disappearing first.

(A/N: This leads to one of the heartfelt and tragic scenes in the Singularity. It is meant to be a sense of reflection on Gilles’ memories with Jeanne and the short time he spent with Chaldea. With the amount of character building shown with him through the entire Singularity, this is meant to be the final scene that nails Gilles as a tragic character. Hell, let's make the nightmarish Bluebeard tragic in his way as well.)

Ruler - Jeanne d’Arc:
    A Servant summoned by the Counter Force. The Holy Maiden of Orleans whose death is the catalyst for everything that started in the Singularity.

Unbeknownst to all factions, Jeanne had been summoned right when Chaldea had Rayshifted to the Singularity. She was originally meant to unite with Chaldea, but due to magical interference (Prelati), Chaldea met Gilles instead while Jeanne was summoned far away from Orleans City. She had started making her way alongside Edmond Dantès, inherently helping people besieged by the monsters.

There is much foreshadowing to Jeanne being in the Singularity through dialogue and lingering clues. One example is Dantès' assistance at Carmilla’s castle, dropping hints about his companion and his mistrust of Gilles.

She makes her full appearance in the last battle against Bluebeard–Gilles, with her trying to save him. This leads into the fight with Bluebeard–Gilles, a summoned Leraje through the modified 「Prelati’s Spellbook」 and remnants of the Black Witch Order. With Jeanne renewing the morale of the Alliance, men and monsters clash for the last time. Against all odds, Chaldea and Jeanne defeat Bluebeard–Gilles.

(A/N: Despite Jeanne’s and Bluebeard–Gilles’ short screen time together, it is meant to show the impact and bond they have with each other. Bluebeard–Gilles saw Jeanne as his purpose in life, seeing her as a sign of God before he lost faith in the latter. Jeanne feels guilty that her death left him in such a state and wishes to save him.)

Key Noble Phantasms:
    Spoiler:
    Textbook of the Sunken Spiral Castle
    「Prelati’s Spellbook」
    :
    One of Gilles de Rais’ Noble Phantasms and the only Noble Phantasm of Bluebeard. Originally owned by Prelati, it was originally a blank Bible that was turned into a Mystic Code capable of summoning Horrors. Prelati had sealed a link to the Sunken Spiral Castle, which also included records of forbidden knowledge relating to an evil god of an ancient time sometime before humanity's origin.

Gilles has this Noble Phantasm in his possession but has not used it. If he were to use this Noble Phantasm, he would automatically class-change to Caster, and 「Saint War Order」 will be lost. Despite Prelati’s responsibility for creating Jeanne (Alter), Gilles cannot find himself to throw the grimoire away. He has the dark desire to use it on the people who ridicule Jeanne.

The Sunken Spiral Castle Does Not Exist, Therefore, There is No End to This World's Madness
    「Grand Illusion」
    :
    The Noble Phantasm of François Prelati. It is a great Magecraft that surpasses even the environment to deceive the very texture of the World. It is even capable of causing a target to hallucinate that Prelati has imprisoned them in a Reality Marble.

This Noble Phantasm was not only used to great effect in this Singularity but used in London as well. It had taken the form of the Demonic Fog created by Angrboda, giving it the illusion-creating properties. This makes Prelati the Faceless Magus who had been visiting other Singularities.

Notable Enemies:
    Spoiler:
    Arms of Dawn - Saber-, Archer-, & Lancer-class:
    Automaton replicas of Prometheus' Arm, created by Frankenstein as enemies Chaldea faces. These arms foreshadow the Phantom that had been fused with Frankenstein.

Werewolves - Saber, Lancer, Assassin, & Berserker-class:
    Wolfman hybrids that serve under Lycaon. They were originally human until they were converted by Jeanne (Alter) or another werewolf.

Skeletons - Saber-, Archer-, & Lancer-class:
    Common undead controlled by Jeanne (Alter).

Skeleton Kings - Saber-, Archer-, & Lancer-class:
    Undead commanders controlled by Jeanne (Alter).

The Dead - Berserker-class:
    Zombie-like familiars controlled by Carmilla. Former humans that have been drained of their blood by vampires. Carmilla is the only Dead Apostle can control the Dead, with the exception of Jeanne (Alter).

Vampires - Assassin-class:
    Common bloodsuckers that work under Carmilla. They are weaker versions of the Dead Apostle and can be killed a lot more easily. They are a small, select group of former humans that Carmilla "chose" as worthy.

Ghosts, Terror Ghosts, & Ancient Ghosts - Assassin-class:
    Deceased apparitions of the humans killed by the Black Witch Faction. They serve under Assassin of Broken Glass.

Massive Ghosts - Assassin-class:
    Large apparitions of deceased humans killed by the Black Witch Faction. They served under Assassin of Broken Glass.

Revenants - Avenger-class:
    Vengeful apparitions serving under Assassin of Broken Glass.

Homunculi & Proto-Homunculi - Lancer-class:
    Artificial life forms created by Frankenstein.

Abominations - Assassin & Berserker-class:
    Former humans converted into mindless amalgamations of living flesh created by Frankenstein. They were experimented on to create Frankenstein’s “perfect human,” but most of them were failures that became this.

Sea Demons - Archer-class:
    Amphibious, demonic horrors summoned by 「Prelati’s Spellbook」. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■They only appear near the end of the Singularity, with Gilles’ transformation into Bluebeard.

Grey Wolves - Rider-class:
    Common lupine animals affiliated with Lycaon.

Demons, Greater Demons, & Archdemons - Caster-class:
    Evil entities that are not meant to exist in the World summoned by Prelati.

■■Prelati had been summoning these demons in an attempt to manifest something even Solomon fears. Whatever Prelati’s plans ended with his “death” at the hands of Chaldea.

Time Era Destabilization Theory:

The result of the Hundred Years' War was the separation between the powers of France and England, permanently keeping France free of English control. Jeanne d'Arc's death is one of the factors that helped the French win the war. The effect she had on the French lifted their morale to keep fighting against the French.

But with the existence of this Singularity, Jeanne d'Arc has been reincarnated as a vengeful Queen of Monsters. Any great deeds of her past are now crushed by the sins of the present. Her hatred has enveloped most of France in darkness, and it shall soon consume Europe– and most likely the rest of the world.

With how fast Jeanne (Alter) is going in her quest for vengeance, France will most likely cease to exist as the free nation it strived to be. There will be no more France, Britain, or any named nations. No more civilizations dominated by humans; only a day-less empire where the creatures of the night lurk.

As a result of the Singularity, only a continent of monsters and hatred will remain and has brought man closer to incineration.

Singularity Corrective Force Resolution:
    Spoiler:
    Numerous fixes are made to the timeline. The most difficult of these corrections is the explanation of the thousands of people killed by the Order. Those that were killed by human means were chalked up to be victims involved in the Hundred Years' War. The monster attacks have been reinterpreted to be wild beast attacks, released by both the British and French as a new form of warfare.

As for the Holy Alliance's internal infighting, this was related to the mistreatment of Jeanne d'Arc. There were several sympathizers in the Church that disagreed with Jeanne's branding as a heretic, which resulted in an organized sect that went against the Church's decision. Despite many setbacks, Jeanne's sect eventually succeeded and debunked all charges against her. They succeeded in making her a martyr and saint, much earlier than her posthumous retrial decades later. And those who had declared her a heretic were excommunicated from the Church.

Jeanne (Alter) was marked off as an imposter used by the British against the French to lower France's morale. Ironically, this would set the Hundred Years' War back on track, with the fruits of labor resulting in the French victory as planned.

Mystic Code:
    Dark City Hunter

Click here to toggle visibility of Pixiv image
    (Male)

Click here to toggle visibility of Pixiv image
    (Female)

“Mystic Code worn by the Master of Chaldea in the Orleans Singularity,
    an unorthodox, but effective outfit worn for slaying monsters and demons.”

Author’s Note:
    Spoiler:
    Central Theme
    Forgiveness, and whether people deserve it. One single act of forgiveness has a high potential to change a terrible person into something better. But, forgiveness also has the chance of doing nothing, and the sins a person commits only get worse. There are also complete monsters that have no regrets about what they do. These people are argued to not deserve redemption, and let them get what they deserve.

This is a concept Gilles struggles with throughout the chapter, stuck on deciding to forgive France for Jeanne's sake or not. This could be the same for Medea and Mordred, who also ponder the past and if they are still worth forgiveness for what they have done. Frankenstein admits he had done terrible things, but it was motivated by his forgotten desire to resurrect his family. He doesn't expect his family to forgive him for what he has done but continues because of his love for them. Then there are the Avengers Jeanne (Alter) and Edmond Dantés, who have no desire to forgive the people that wronged them. They both at least admit that they are doing terrible things and that they won't have a happy ending. This comes down to Bluebeard and Jeanne's feelings towards France. As Bluebeard–Gilles puts it, even though she would never hate France, he would hate it and swear to destroy it. Knowing she would forgive them, he will never forgive them.

So… hi.

It’s been a while.

After not posting anything for two months, I’m finally back.

I'm sorry for those who were waiting on my content, but during these months I had run into a lot of hurdles in my personal life. First, my dad's appendix exploded, and had to recover for weeks. Secondly, my new job has made it difficult to sneak in time for this. And to top it off, college has just started for me, already adding another pile to my high workload. And these are just the 3 big events that have slowed me down. I'm certain you can imagine how difficult things have been.

The other reason for the lack of uploads is… that I’m finally working on my first FanFiction! Wooooo! At some point, I had started focusing on that much more because I wanted to at least get Chapter 1 out. Although, I had underestimated my writing process. I would say that I am about 70% done with Chapter 1, and I’m already at about 13,000 words for that one chapter! As for what the story is about, it’s a Fate crossover, because it seems I like Fate a little too much. As for what it is crossed over with, it may be something a lot of people will be a bit uncomfortable with. So, I’ll put it in spoiler text in case you don’t want to read: ■■■■■■■■■■■It’s crossed over with a hentai that I would say is quite infamous for its… “exaggerated” ways with how most of their characters meet their end. Here’s a hint for this series’ identity: it’s discussed in a certain Trash Taste podcast and dark-skinned elf girls. If you are still lost, then it sucks to be you because I pretty much gave you the answer! My story is an attempt to give most of the characters from this specific story a happy ending. I’m not going to disclose how this will come to be, but I’m not just going to give it to them on a silver platter. Expect some rather unexpected hurdles to come in the story and some characters to probably be axed off. *insert evil laughter*

Anyways, onto the Orleans Singularity itself. I’m going to go up and say it: I have never had so much fun writing a chapter! Not just because the original Orleans chapter was terrible and revising it relieved me, but because of this new chapter’s aesthetic. If you haven’t noticed, this chapter is heavily inspired by dark fantasy titles. Castlevania, Bloodborne, hell even Resident Evil: Village is thrown in. And all three games are my favorites. I fell in love with the gothic atmosphere of the games, both the presentation, lore, and gameplay behind them are worth the purchase. So you can imagine how excited I was to incorporate this tone into the Orleans chapter. I had wanted to release this chapter in September due to it being the month before Halloween. If you are wondering why I didn’t release it in October instead, that’s because I have plans to release a Halloween Chapter Event in that month. I have decided to publish one Singularity a month, so that’s why I released Orleans in a month before October, where it is at least close to each other.

So what new content have I added and what old content have I removed? Let me put it this way. Instead of a half-baked, dragon infested story that was the original Orleans, we now have:
    • A crazy witch that wants to touch you.
    • Werewolves that will find you and will kill you.
    • Dr. Frankenstein’s Little Shop of Body Horrors.
    • Fanatical, hypocritical religious leaders who you want to see die slowly and painfully.
    • A not-tall, not-MILF vampire lady who will succ you whether you like it or not.
    • Said vampire’s sex– er– I mean, fun dungeon filled with zombies, traps, and curses.
    • The “♫ I’m being strangled by the woman in the mirror, Aaghaagh! ♫” ghost
    • An entire haunted mansion section that is going to SHit YoURSeLf.
    • A hateable, but scary illusionist that won’t FUCKING DIE!
    • Spooky, scary skeletons.
    • The president of the Jeanne d’Arc fan club.
    • Extreme tentacle hentai.
    • And other spooky occurrences with enough nightmare fuel to burn down the entire country of France.

This is just a preview of how crazy this chapter gets. If you don’t think this is a significant step up from the original, then I have no idea what’s going to satisfy you.

Here's another significant change to Orleans: While Jeanne is the catalyst for everything happening here, the main focus of this Singularity is F/GO's most wasted character ever, Gilles de Rais. Both of them. Sure, he made a terrifying impact in Fate/Zero, but he was completely glossed over in F/GO. That, or he wasn't handled right, especially considering his relation to one of the most known characters in Fate. I mean, let's compare him to another beloved character Bedivere. Think about how similar they are. They are both the weakest but most loyal knights to their leaders who end up being the only survivor of their respective groups. But Gilles' loyalty and faith in Jeanne becomes more unhealthy than Bedivere's, which leads Gilles onto a darker path than Bedivere. Imagine the potential Gilles could get if he was written better. So now, just like Blackbeard in the Bermuda chapter, Gilles is finally getting the respect he deserves.

And that's the thing about this chapter. There's a more emotional impact on the characters and story. This story is meant to hit all the basic emotions. You'll be laughing at the small, comedic moments shared with the characters, raging at the irredeemable monsters in human skin running around, screaming at the horrors that will want to kill you, and cry at the deaths of beloved characters; most likely you'll be doing the latter the most in the chapter. These aren't just some characters to be axed off, they have their own identities you get to know and grow to love. So when something happens to them, you feel actual emotions for these people. This is giving the story a bit of hope to reach for in this bleak, dark atmosphere of the Singularity.

With that said, what do you think? Did you like the darker tone I gave Orleans or no? Did you think the characters are better written? Please leave your thoughts so I may see your feedback. Now that most of my troubles are out of the way, I will be keeping the same "upload per month" schedule. Expect the Halloween Micro-Singularity to come in October!

The next Singularity is the largest and one of the oldest Singularities Chaldea shall enter. In a land of the living and the dead, two empires, one old and one new, clash to be consecrated into the annals of history. But who shall stand eternal through the memories of humanity, while the other fades into oblivion?

Credits:
    Spoiler:
    • Lancer - Abraham van Helsing/Vanessa Helsing belongs to Slinaro.
    • Avenger - Jeanne d’Arc (Alter) (RE: F/GO), Berserker - Lycaon, La Bête Du Gévaudan - Berserker-class, Ruler - Victor Frankenstein, and Assassin of Broken Glass - Bloody Mary belongs to me, JDMan9011.
    • Other Servants belong to TYPE-MOON.
    The Fate Series
    Where people die when they're killed, the Archer class really is made up of archers, and just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right.

Also, there are 12 different versions of King Arthur.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, this sounds promising, but Is it just me, or is there no image to click on?
    Edit: Nevermind, image showed up on my phone, but not my laptop for some reason. Awesome stuff, man.
    Last edited by BnEl15; September 1st, 2021 at 09:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    woooh finally. I was waiting for it and the wait was worth it. It is your best work so far. I could see the fun you had here. Big steps up from that boring exposition dumb FGO did. You already sold me using more of the Foreigner aspects of gilles, but I am biased in that regards (btw right at the beginning you switched up what is spoiler and what is reveal). The only thing that was not to my liking was that you merged Prometheus with Frankenstein. While the common theme of "body builders" is apparent, with LB5 it was established that he was a force of good helping Chaldea, so I am not happy about that connection. I think you could have found another Spirit to merge him with.
    Else, everything is damn cool stuff.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.