Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Create A Singularity / Lostbelt

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

RE: Fate/Grand Order - 1st Singularity

Recommendations include listening to “He’s a Pirate” or any swashbuckling shanties while reading the following. Make sure to have watch One Piece or Pirates of the Caribbean before or after this.
    The Devil’s Triangle of Phantasmal Riches
    Bermuda – 1718 A.D.
    “The King of Pirates"

In the oceans of mystery, the bandits of the sea prosper...

Name: The Devil’s Triangle of Phantasmal Riches – Bermuda
    Subtitle: “The King of Pirates”
    Human Foundation Value: D-

Year: 1718 A.D.
    Grail Holder: Rider - Edward Teach/Blackbeard
    Factions: Blackbeard’s fleet, Rogue Rider, Argonauts, Chaldea Security Organization

History: At the height of his time as a pirate, Teach had obtained a Holy Grail that Solomon_■■■■■■ had purposely left for Teach to find. One night, Teach had subconsciously wished upon the Grail, wishing for an adventure filled with everything he ever wanted. As a result of his wish, the area that would become known as the Bermuda Triangle is drastically transformed.

The Bermuda Singularity is somewhat unique and is not what it seems. Islands that were not there before have suddenly appeared; some of them are locations from completely different places such as the Shapeless Isles which have replaced Bermuda Island, what can be assumed to be the Mariana Trench at the middle of the Singularity surrounded by whirlpools, and the possibility of Atlantis existing within the Singularity. What’s strange is that every island, old and new, is suddenly filled to the brim with something of extreme value, whether it be gold, or a very powerful weapon. What’s even stranger is the ocean itself. Any successful attempts to sail out of the Singularity loops sailors to the opposite side from where they attempted to exit.

It was not just the inhabitants that were pulled into this Singularity. It seems that any ship approaching North America or at the very least in a large body of water is automatically teleported and trapped within the Singularity. What’s worse is that the sea has been replaced with the one from the Age of Gods, bringing forth aquatic Phantasmal Beasts and other supernatural phenomena. Any attempts to leave the Triangle results in complete failure, with explorers being killed by the supernatural or looping back into the Singularity.

Despite these dangerous circumstances, Teach has not faltered at all; rather, it has strengthened and renewed Teach desire for adventure and treasure. As this new world is swarming in chaos and confusion, Teach slowly begins to realize the true purpose of the Grail (with Solomon_■■■■■■ whispering suggestions and information in the background.) What he sees with this Singularity and the Grail is opportunity. Using the Grail, he begins summoning Servants to add to his crew, furthering his power as a feared pirate. Even moreso, the Grail has been slowly strengthening Teach and his crew, giving them the same power as a Servant.

At this point, Teach’s crew no longer was just the Queen Anne’s Revenge, but an entire fleet of ships under him. As for the normal humans, who face opposition everyday from Phantasmal Beasts, see Teach as the lesser of two evils compared to the wild beasts that ravage humans trapped in the Triangle. They have thrown themselves at his feet, begging for his protection against monsters in exchange for allowing him and his fleet to do whatever he wants. As a result, what civilization remains within the Singularity has fallen into lawlessness, becoming a haven for all pirates everywhere.

With an entire fleet at his beck and call, the Grail in his hands, the people of Bermuda submitting to his power, and his unwavering tenacity and greed, Teach continues his quest to pillage and plunder everything that lies in the Devil’s Triangle. Any stray ship would be hijacked by Teach’s forces. Any island he would visit would be his and his only. And nobody, not a man, woman, Beast, or Servant could stand up to Teach, and live to tell the tale. At this point, he could no longer be called Edward Teach.

He was the Devil called Blackbeard, King of Pirates.

Key Characters:

Rider - Edward Teach/Blackbeard (Living Human): the main focus of the Singularity and the Grail Holder. In a sense, he is the unofficial King of this Singularity. Both Mash and Master are unfortunate enough to be captured by Teach’s forces the moment they Rayshift into the Singularity. Initially a perverted otaku to Chaldea, they begin to see the darker side to him as time goes on. Chaldea’s goal is to convince him to give up the Grail and prevent him from finding Atlantis.

Archer - Israel “Basilica” Hands (Living Human): the first mate of Teach and another major character of the Singularity. Thanks to the Grail, she is fused with the Phantom that shared the same name from Robert Louis Stevenson’s novel Treasure Island, despite there being no relation between them whatsoever. A cruel and cunning pirate, even Teach is terrified of her. However, there is a mutual trust between both Teach and Hands, with both of them putting up with their outrageous personalities. In fact, it was her brutal actions that originally elevated Blackbeard into a feared pirate. But Teach ended up taking all the credit while she was overshadowed, not that she cared as long treasure was involved. She dies in the final battle against the Kraken, taking a hit meant for Teach.

Avenger of Bermuda - Captain Hook: the first Servant summoned by Teach and a lieutenant of Blackbeard’s fleet. The captain of the Jolly Roger and a gentlemanly, but vengeful pirate, he is the first Servant encountered and the one who captures Chaldea in the Carribean. He prides himself on showing “good form” and at least gives Chaldea a fighting chance in a one on one duel with Mashu before capturing them and bringing them to Teach. He has a particular hatred of children, which puts him at odds with Atalante. He dies leading the Tic Toc Crocodile away from the fleet, swallowing his fear of the beast for the moment and going down with his sinking ship.

Rider - Christopher Columbus: a Servant summoned by Teach and a lieutenant of Blackbeard’s fleet. Teach had always admired Columbus, seeing him as the Progenitor Pirate. Despite being considered the worst of the lieutenants (his true nature is already apparent to Ritsuka and Mash), Fujimaru and Mash start to see the heroic qualities Columbus was known for. He is the first lieutenant and Servant to die in the Singularity, rallying his crew to enact a suicide attack against Heracles, managing to take one of his lives by impaling him into Scylla.

Rider - Anne Bonny and Mary Read: a Servant pair summoned by Teach and a member of Blackbeard’s fleet. They are originally Teach’s “bodyguards,” but they are later tasked by Hands to survey and report Ritsuka and Mash’s actions. They survive to the end of the Singularity after the battle against the Kraken.

Rider - Bartholomew Roberts: a Servant summoned by Teach and a lieutenant of Blackbeard’s fleet. A “pirate gentleman” like Avenger, he is arguably the nicest and most honorable out of Blackbeard’s lieutenants. He survives the final battle against the Kraken.

Rogue Rider - Francis Drake: a Servant summoned by the Counter Force. She is a rogue pirate who plans to pillage all of Blackbeard’s treasures. She is the longest lasting force of resistance against Blackbeard. It is later revealed that she was summoned specifically to stop Teach from finding Atlantis, which would awaken Poseidon– and destroy the World. She dies in the final battle against the Kraken.

Archer of Bermuda - Euryale: a Servant summoned by the Counter Force. She currently resides on the Shapeless Isle. Edward Teach develops an unhealthy obsession with her. Teach does not only want Archer of Bermuda for perverted reasons, but Teach believes Archer of Bermuda knows the location of Atlantis, which she was tricked by Hands into revealing. She dies fighting Charybdis.

Berserker - Asterios: a Servant summoned by the Counter Force and is affiliated with Archer of Bermuda. Archer of Bermuda and Asterios are protected by the Labyrinth created by Asterios on the Shapeless Isle. He dies with Archer fighting Charybdis.

Saber - Jason: a Servant summoned by the Counter Force and the leader of the Argonauts. Jason wishes to take Teach’s Grail and grant his own wish, despite being extremely skeptical of the Grail’s power. Later, he realizes Teach is trying to find Atlantis. Knowing this will end the world due to Poseidon, he tries to warn Chaldea, but he is shot in the head by Hands, killing him.

Archer - Atalante: a Servant summoned by the Counter Force and is affiliated with the Argonauts. Both she and Avenger of Bermuda hate each other due to their views and treatment of children. She dies against Avenger, but not before mortally wounding him and damaging his ship, prompting him to lure the Tic Toc Croc away from Blackbeard’s fleet.

Caster - Medea (Lily): a Servant summoned by the Counter Force and a member of the Argonauts. She survives to the end as one of the last Argonauts along with Heracles.

Berserker - Heracles: a Servant summoned by the Counter Force and a member of the Argonauts. One of the most dangerous Servants in the Singularity, the Blackbeard Pirates spend more time trying to get rid of him first rather than the rest of the Argonauts. With the Argonauts being the first faction to fall, Heracles is assumed to be dead (after being vaporized by an ancient weapon found by Teach) for the rest of the Singularity until he assists in the final battle against the Kraken to save Medea (Lily). He survives the Singularity with only one life remaining.

Enemies/Non-Servants

Tic Toc Crocodile: a Phantasmal Beast that relentlessly pursues Avenger of Bermuda throughout the Singularity. Completely invisible, the only sign of its existence is the clock turning. Eventually, it becomes dormant once it manages to kill Avenger.

Scylla: a Phantasmal Beast that inhabits the cliffs around the entrance to Atlantis.

Charybdis: a Phantasmal Beast guarding the entrance to Atlantis.

Kraken: the Phantasmal Beast guarding the last entrance to Atlantis. For unknown reasons, the Kraken had been super-powered to the point Heracles struggles trying to kill it. Not to mention the strange grail-like energy lingering around the Kraken.

Sirens: dangerous Phantasmal Beasts that lure sailors to a watery death with their voices.

Sea Fiends: underwater Horrors that follows stray ships. Strangely, one group of Sea Fiends Chaldea fights seems rather off compared to other Sea Fiends they face. It is theorized by da Vinci that these particular Horrors were being controlled by another party...

Ghost Pirates: spirits of dead pirates that patrol the Singularity in the dead of the night, acting as enemies to our Heroes.

Sea Pirates: drowned pirates that have mutated into half man, half sea creature acting as enemies to our Heroes.

Time Era Destabilization Theory: One theory why a Singularity formed in this era may not be because of the threat of criminals gaining supernatural power and fortune in a closed space cut off from the rest of the world, but because of the fear of ocean travel due to strange occurrences. In the outside world, ships start to disappear without a trace from anywhere in the world. Even with the discovery of the Americas, people would refuse to travel anywhere, causing sea trade and exploration to plummet drastically. Meanwhile, pirates in the Singularity get richer from the teleported ships trapped in the Triangle all while the outside world fears disappearing in an ocean that seems out to kill anyone who dares tread in its water.

As a result of the Singularity, humanity’s progress in seafaring, exploration, and sea trade has grinded to a halt, and has brought man closer to incineration.

Singularity Corrective-Force Resolution:
    Spoiler:
    Many events that occurred in this Singularity could be fixed easily. One incident involves Basilica Hands, who is believed to have died as a beggar in London after the fall of Blackbeard. Her death in the Singularity is easily rewritten due to not having enough recognition and impact as Edward Teach, making it that she died as a pirate on the Queen Anne’s Revenge.

Another instance includes the loop finally being destroyed. Ships are finally allowed to leave the Triangle, and ships nowhere near the Triangle no longer find themselves trapped within it. The pirates still roaming around the Singularity were hunted down by law enforcement, slowly returning to law and order to civilization in the Triangle. The attacks by Phantasmal Beasts are written off as wild animal attacks, with the evidence of mythical creatures being written off as a strange fever dream of its inhabitants.

Unfortunately, the damage to the fabric of reality in the Triangle is so intense supernatural occurrences still occur within it. Ships that still sail into the Triangle still disappear without a trace. As a result, the supernatural legends of the Bermuda Triangle have come into fruition in the present.

Mystic Code
    Spoiler:
    Coat of the High Seas

A/N: Ignore the two people in the picture. The coats are the male and female versions of the Mystic Code.

“Mystic Code worn by the Master of Chaldea in the Bermuda Singularity, used for storm/sea navigation and pillaging treasure.”

Skills

Tumultuous Waves (cooldown for 15-13 turns)
    • 500% chance to increase party’s Art performance by 10-30% for 1 turn
    • 500% chance to decrease all enemies’s attack by 10-20% for 1 turn.
    • Charges one Servant’s NP gauge by 15% on Waterside Battlefield.

Storm Warning (cooldown for 15-13 turns)
    • 500% Chance to grant one servant Evasion for 1 attack, 3 turns.
    • Gain 5-15 critical stars.

Pillage and Plunder (cooldown for 15-13 turns)
    • 500% Chance to increase one servant's critical star absorption by 300-600% for 1 turn.
    • 500% Chance to increase one servant's NP generation rate by 20-30% for 1 turn.

Author’s Note:
    Central Theme
    Greed as both a bane and boon to mankind. Most pirates in this Singularity do not fear the strange occurrences in this Singularity and are more focused on obtaining the strange treasure. Greed appears to be a motivating factor, causing people to become more braver and explore the unknown for the chance of something valuable for the taking. On the other hand, it also causes people to become insensitive and cruel to others, making people more invested in materialistic needs rather than human bonds.

So here it is! The Bermuda Singularity, also known as the Pirate Singularity. If you haven’t guessed it yet, this replaces the Okeanos Singularity. This Singularity is supposed to have a hybrid Pirate and Greek theme. You can still see some similarities between both Singularities, with most of them being the same characters, the setting being ocean related, etc. The only difference is that the setting is set in the Bermuda Triangle, the history for the Singularity is different, and the main character of the Singularity is Edward Teach.

Speaking of, let’s just say I wanted to give Teach a chance to prove himself ever since his debut in Okeanos. And boy oh boy, how they wasted an idea good as freaking Blackbeard. I know he’s supposed to be the representation of the FGO meta, but really? I wanted to see Edward Teach as a badass character, so I’m hoping that this Singularity will fix that.

I even added in my own Servant that had connections to Edward Teach in his life, Israel Hands, who is the genderbent first mate of Teach who is called Basilica. Why is she genderbent? Because you can never have enough waifus. And despite me stating in her character description that Teach wouldn’t be Blackbeard without her, don’t worry, you will see Teach with some really awesome moments. I’ll probably make a Servant Sheet for her soon as well, but we’ll see.

As you may have noticed, I left some text blacked out. If you don’t know why I did this it is because it spoils some identities or some major plot points for the story (which can be seen by just highlighting the whole thing) I wanted to give you at least some semblance of a plot that you can work off of. For example, one major plot point in the Singularity is the climactic final battle with everyone fighting the Kraken all while the giant cave with the gate to Atlantis fills up after breaking in. Here’s something that’s a bit of a bummer: THIS WAS ORIGINALLY SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN OVERALL STORY. The reason why I didn’t get the story done is because I just recently started my second semester of college classes, and they have been absolute hell to do. As a result, there is no summary of the story, so I’m so sorry that I wasn’t. Besides, I’m still not so sure about my storytelling skills, as the writing process involved me getting completely tangled in my own story.

Still though, I am curious to see how people will work off of this, with only the above to form a story in their minds. Please leave reviews of what you think of the First Singularity of RE: Fate/Grand Order. Is it great? Is it horrible? Is it okay? Feel free to show your thoughts!

Anyways, that’s all I have to say. Our next Singularity is a fledgling birthplace of liberty and equality, which has fallen under the tyranny of someone thought to have been a hero of the people, turned into a being not belonging in the Age of Man.

Credits:
    Spoiler:
    Avenger of Bermuda - Captain Hook and Tic Toc Crocodile belong to Alexcoene.
    Archer - Israel “Basilica” Hands belongs to me, JDMan9011.
    Other Servants belong to TYPE-MOON.
    Last edited by JDMan9011; September 13th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.
    The Fate Series
    Where people die when they're killed, the Archer class really is made up of archers, and just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right.

Also, there are 12 different versions of King Arthur.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's an interesting idea. I feel like you could tie it in with Blackbeard's otaku characterization in canon as he's here someone who basically wished for his own isekai story and got way too carried away in it.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed reading your rework. I quite like it and it would be a more interesting story by far than what the real singularity did. i almost missed the detail on the sea fiends. I like it, it is a nod to the plethora of potential sea based foreigners. I myself have a rather convoluted idea for a Foreigner Story that uses them, your work will help as inspiration if i am ever far enough with them

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's an interesting idea. I feel like you could tie it in with Blackbeard's otaku characterization in canon as he's here someone who basically wished for his own isekai story and got way too carried away in it.
    Now that you mention it, this is something he would totally do. I imagine he did get carried away in his own selfish fantasy, and started to show darker traits he repressed with his light-hearted nature seen in F/GO.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey
    i almost missed the detail on the sea fiends. I like it, it is a nod to the plethora of potential sea based foreigners. I myself have a rather convoluted idea for a Foreigner Story that uses them, your work will help as inspiration if i am ever far enough with them
    It's a good theory about Foreigner Servants, but the reason for that small group of Sea Fiends acting weird isn't because of a Foreigner, but because of someone else dabbling in things they really shouldn't be doing.
    Last edited by JDMan9011; September 13th, 2020 at 04:49 PM.
    The Fate Series
    Where people die when they're killed, the Archer class really is made up of archers, and just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right.

Also, there are 12 different versions of King Arthur.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Interesting to see Bart as a member of Teach's crew, considering his most meaningful character trait is hating Blackbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Interesting to see Bart as a member of Teach's crew, considering his most meaningful character trait is hating Blackbeard.
    Maybe Roberts is being forced to work with Teach due to being his Servant.

Blog Entries
    I really like the idea behind this singularity, but for some reason your cast list is rubbing me the wrong way. First off, Israel Hands being a servant (even if she technically isn't one) seems forced, and the choice of phantom fusion is underwhelming. Also, as mentioned, Bart would die before following Blackbeard's orders.

Second, the list of allies is really thin, and kind of limiting. Euryale and Asterios aren't exactly dynamic characters, and they don't really work well as central protagonists. Only having one major ally and two supporting allies would really limit the size of the story you would be telling.

Thirdly, the Argonauts presence and role in the story feels odd with the setting you've created. Herc is kind off too powerful to serve as an antagonist or protagonist when stacked up against a bunch of historical pirates. Herc is the kind of character who shapes the narrative around him by presence alone, and I feel like he'd work against the story you describe. Also, If you wanted to make the Argonauts allies, you'd need to totally rewrite Jason's motivations, because they directly contradict Chaldea's. If you want to do an alliance-then-double-cross, you need to give the protagonists a way to win, because Drake, Euryale, and Asterios aren't a realistic match to any of the Argonauts.

(Also, you don't need to make the Argonauts Counter Force Servants. Jason can and would just summon them with his NP, which is a really important aspect of his character and development.)

I know it's a little pedantic to critique story prompts, but I've had it drilled into my head that constructive criticism is helpful at every stage of writing. Don't mean to be a jerk.
    Last edited by DrStein; September 17th, 2020 at 07:06 PM.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    ​0
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    great job this seems like a great idea

Blog Entries

I need somebody! HELP!

I've been planning to write two full-fledged fanfics' worth of stories -- a prologue Grand Order and a successor Grand Order taking place in another timeline (somewhat like FGO's friend system, where you get to use an allied Servant, only that the Servant in question is the Master of the GO prologue, fem!Ritsuka except with a savior complex made worse by Madness Enhancement EX, manifesting as a Berserker) for the last four months.

However, the only thing that's come to me with more than a minimal level of clarity (partly because I like taking in-jokes way too far -- and mine involves Ringo Shiina's seminal album Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana, for which the Singularities have to have counterparts of in the album -- partly because of the identity of the Alien God, and partly because Trump) is a rework of Singularity F, only the protagonist and rayshift into the Fuyuki of an alternative(ly decimated) 1995 Fourth Holy Grail War, where Angra Mainyu fully manifests as All the Evils of the World, a God of Evil incarnate. All the surviving Servants of the Fourth War get blackened and proceed to exterminate humanity; only two humans within Fuyuki itself manage to save themselves and manage to contact the Chaldeans, thanks to the abovedescribed Berserker, who hauls all of them off to a safe location for the time being and bulliestells Olga Marie the truth about her situation, which may or may not lead to her dying anyway.

Working title: Singularity F: Zero Terminal Order. Intended for the latter FGO fanfic, by the way.

And... that's about it for that Singularity, at the moment, to be honest.

Apart from that, I have a Roman singularity based on the boy emperor Elagabalus, and a... something or other, I really haven't decided whether to make it a Singularity, Lostbelt, or something else entirely... about 9/11. Yeah.

Hopefully, looking through this thread will give me the creative juices necessary to write... something like 25-30 spacetime aberrations? That somehow hew closely to Master of Chaos' extremely useful conceptual delineations (and accompanying Singularities) and my own musical in-jokes, while cutting out the flab and fanservice of irl FGO?

... shit, I might not make it.
    Last edited by Tabris; December 6th, 2020 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Added links.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Name: Pseudo Singularity - Formerly Dark Metropolis: Tohno City
    Subtitle: The Detective and the Seed of Hope
    Human Foundation Value: ??

Year: 19XX
    Grail Holder: Phantasmoon
    Factions: Jade Detective Agency, Four Magical Girl Heavenly Kings, Chaldea

History:

The Pseudo-Singularity is located on the mysterious Tohno City, which used to be a Shadowy and Crime-filled metropolis. However, one day a group called the "Four Magical Girl Heavenly Kings" suddenly appeared and, lead by the powerful Phantasmoon, took control of the city and transformed the place into a sunny and happy dictatorship.

Meanwhile, in Chaldea, the contracted Servant Illyasviel von Einzbern has suddenly disappeared, leaving her friends Miyu Edelfelt and Chloe von Einzbern worried. After tracking her location, they discovered that she was somewhere in this formerly dark, now sunny city.

And so, a mission to find and rescue Illya was organized, but things won't be so easy. Since Chaldea is technically an Invading force, they will have to go against the Magical Girl Heavenly Kings an their army of mechanical maids and strange creatures that are referredto as "Neco-Arc". Furthermore, it seems that they also will have to contend with the Mysterious Brainwashing Detective, who only works alone and seems hellbent on returning the city to its original state.

This Event can be considered a sequel to Prisma Causeway

Relevant Servants:

Chaldea:

Caster: Miyu Edelfelt: The one who can be considered the main protagonist of the event, as we see most of the story through her eyes. Her main goal is rescuing Illya, not only because she is her friend, but also to repay Illya for saving her during the Prisma Causeway.

Archer: Chloe von Einzbern: The Deuteragonist. Just like Miyu, her main objective is saving Illya, although she is a little embarrassed to admit it. She feels bad for letting herself be controlled by the First Lady, back during Prisma Causeway, so she wants to set things right this time.

Jade Detective Agency:

Alter ego: Brainwashing Detective: The Rival to the Protagonist, she clashes against Chaldea multiple times during the first half of the story, even though they share goals. During the second half, she allies with Chaldea and becomes instrumental in defeating the true villain.

Lancer: Lugh (Bazzet Fraga McRemitz): A Servant who goes by Pseudo Heroic Spirit Fraga during the event and is staying at the Jade Detective Agency. She is a former subordinate of Magical Caren but quit since she couldn't take it anymore. She doesn't do much beyond giving explanations to the Main Characters (Aka: She only appears in sprite form and is mostly a teaser for a future Servant).

Four Magical Girl Heavenly Kings:

Alter ego: Magical Caren: The Treasurer of the group, she is the first one to confront Chaldea. She is in a bad mood because she just lost her subordinate and takes it out on the main characters, but ends up getting beaten up by the Brainwashing Detective. After the Characters leave, a mysterious figure takes her powers away.

Alter ego: Phantasmoon: The leader of the Magical Girls, she decides to take matters into her own hands after the defeat of Magical Caren. At halfway point of the story, she battles Chaldea and, even when the Detective decides to come and help, easily tramples everyone. The Chaldea group only survives because she is suddenly backstabbed by Magical Amber.

Alter ego: Magical Amber: The True Final Boss of the event. She plays the role of the harmless mook during the first half but reveals her true colors after taking both Magical Caren's and Phantasmoon's powers. Her objective is to fuse the power of the Four Magical Girl Heavenly Kings to become the ultimate Magical Girl, and she is the one behind Illya's disappearance.

Saver: New Testament: A powerful Character but who doesn't know how to control her strength, she shows up during the second half. She was forcefully summoned by Magical Amber to hold the power of the fourth Magical Girl Heavenly King, and she has Manifested using Illya's body as a vessel. At the final battle, she gains full control of her powers, thanks to Miyu's encouragement, and deals the final blow together with Brainwashing Detective, defeating Magical Amber.

Kaleido Ruby and Kaleido Sapphire: Two Characters who are mentioned, but don't appear at this event. Kaleido Ruby is a former Magical Girl Heavenly King who retired because "it was time for a new generation to take over, not because I am embarrassed by all of this, definitely not". Kaleido Sapphire was her eternal rival, who ended up having an existential crisis without anyone to compete with, and left on a journey of self-discovery. It was because of the retirement of Kaleido Ruby that Magical Amber was forced to kidnap Illya to have her act as a substitute Heavenly King, since they were both "Magical Girl born from the same concept".

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    great to see the thread revived

i still have no idea who those people are and what kind of story it is based on, but I hope others start doing singularities and LB again
    still seems like an interesting story

Blog Entries
    So I mentioned a while back thinking of a Lostbelt idea to go along with my Beast Watt sheet, and I finally felt the inspiration to write it up. Thanks to Koga and doncosaco for giving me some ideas for it.

Lostbelt
    : Urizen- Perpetual Engine, Steamwork Empire
    Subtitle: Fantasies Of Endless Growth
    Lost Depth: A+

Origin: 1775
    King: "Queen Victoria" (James Watt)
    Fantasy Tree: N/A

History: After slaying the vengeful Celtic goddess Cailleach and absorbing her divine essence into himself, a newly insane James Watt set out on remaking the world into an empire of perpetual steam. With the aid of his factories and technology Britain went on to conquer far more of the world than the Panhuman History, but at the expense of turning into a(n even more) hellish caste-society. While the nobles and well-off live in luxurious tower-cities above the shroud of steam that permanently blankets the planet's surface, the lower class are literally reduced to machines toiling in factories to sustain his eternal empire.

Watt himself rarely intervenes directly in ruling the world he created, instead secluding himself in the eternal engine at the heart of his "utopia" while delegating matters of actual governance to its "Queen". He plans on eventually automatizing the higher castes as well and turning the whole world into a "perfect" mechanism of steam, but holds off for now due to recognizing the value of some of the few actual humans left.

This Lostbelt rests on an uneasy alliance between its Queen whose loyal to her country above all and suspicious of Watt's more extreme plans, and Watt himself who tolerates her reluctance because she's still useful in expanding his empire. Both of them scheme on betraying and overthrowing the other, and it's only a matter of who can enact their plans first. Meanwhile there's several actual resistance groups who oppose Victoria/Watt's vision of imperialistic "progress" and want to throw off the tyranny of machines altogether.

Note that because Watt's Lostbelt managed to stave off deletion by invading and plundering energy from neighboring timelines rather than through the aid of the Alien God, it lacks a Fantasy Tree to anchor it. Instead the engine at the center of his "Neo London" is the true core of this Lostbelt, being the "origin point" of Watt's Noble Phantasm.

Characters:

Loyalists:

James Watt (Beast V): Officially a councilor and court mechanic to Queen Victoria. In reality the true Lostbelt King, watching over his world from the engine that forms its "beating heart". Having sunken into madness following Cailleach's corruption and lost sight of his original ideals, he dreams of nothing more than expanding his steamwork empire as far as possible. Occasionally in flickering visions Watt recalls what he once wanted, to build machines that bring happiness to people, but those reminiscings quickly sink back into the oil-black blood that now flows through his veins.

Alexandrina Victoria (Saber): Official "Queen" of the Lostbelt; in reality a figurehead ruler who answers to Watt (but still has her own ideals). A stoical yet passionate woman who places Britain's glory and prosperity as her highest value, she's disturbed by Watt's inhuman nature but plays along because she can't deny the glory her country has attained under his guidance. Still she eventually plans to overthrow him and claim vengeance for every English life his reforms costed.

While her talents as an administrator and stateswoman are unrivalled, that's not the only area in which she's gifted. When forced to tread foot on the battlefield herself Victoria shows the side of a skilled warrior, wielding the synthetic holy sword Noble Phantasm "Curtana Solais" and a Mystic Code automaton forged in the likeness of her beloved dead husband Albert to smite all who threaten the order and security of her empire.

FC

Ada Lovelace (Caster): One of Victoria's court mechanics designing new technologies for both war and improving the empire's infrastructure. A female scientist and mathematician famed for her role as assistant of Charles Babbage and her own work in researching the "Analytic Engine"- a "thinking computer" that could perform calculations like a man. Normally a woman of strong ethics like herself would never go along with Watt and Victoria's twisted ideals. However to force compliance she's been fused with the Phantoms of all great geniuses whose inventions were forgotten by history, stoking her resolve to complete the Analytic Engine into a fanatical obsession she's even willing to sacrifice her morals to fulfill.

Thanks to her sickly constitution Ada swaddles herself in an intricate suit of steampunk armor most of the time she interacts with the world outside her lab, taking cues from her once beloved mentor Babbage's incarnation as a Heroic Spirit. A seemingly taciturn and emotionless woman who becomes passionate as a schoolgirl when it comes to anything that ignites her interest, that personality of Ada's has been unaffected by her mental corruption.

FC

Garnet Wolseley (Rider): One of Victoria's "elite guard" sent to crush rebels overseas who oppose the empire. Unmatched in war he gives the impression of a dignified general, unfalteringly loyal to his Queen's orders. Yet that hides the animalistic bloodlust simmering barely constrained beneath his surface, craving a chance to unleash itself in battle. His main weapon alongside rifle and sword is a steampunk lion Divine Beast fashioned for him by Watt, embodying the glory and ferocity of the British Empire.

Jack the Ripper (Assassin): The infamous killer himself. Pardoned execution for his crimes he was offered a place amongst Victoria's "elite guard", tasked with dispatching domestic threats. A different possibility of Jack the Ripper than his other Assassin or Berserker incarnation, this is a man who factually carried out the infamous murders attributed to his legend in Watt's Lostbelt. Since he's only a murderer rather than a fighter Jack has been fused with the Phantoms of all souls who died by machinery and industrial accidents to boost his combat-capability, giving him a variety of means to attack with by sprouting industrial blades and machinery from his body.

FC

John Henry (Berserker): An African-American hero who proved the supremacy of man over machine at the cost of his own life. In the Lostbelt history he fought against the incursion of Watt's mechanized minions in America, only to be finally defeated and captured. Instead of killing him they decided his mighty physique had too much potential to waste and forcibly melded Henry with the strongest machine he destroyed, warping him into a grotesque man-machine hybrid.

In this form Henry is brainwashed to show absolute loyalty to the Urizen Empire's expansion, but occasionally glimmers of humanity surface separate from his programming. Near the climax he regains his original self, sheds his machine shell and surpasses his limits to deal a crushing blow to the empire before finally passing on in peace.

Rebels:

Arbre de Tenere (Gatekeeper): A spirit of the legendary tree which grew alone in the desert for hundreds of years, lending shelter and respite to countless travellers before finally being knocked down by accident. Arbre is a beacon of hope for those who oppose the Urizen empire thanks to her Noble Phantasm creating a zone blooming with life that repels Watt's technological scourge. Her territory is known as the "Oasis" and became a bastion for the rebellion.

Even aside from her abilities, Arbre's cheerful and sweet personality soothes the hearts of the often discouraged rebel forces, inspiring them that hope of a better world exists even as her own heart grieves the precious plantlife and biodiversity already lost. In the climax she sacrifices herself to restore life to the wasteland of Watt's empire.

William Blake (Caster): The famed poet (also secretly a Mage) who contributed greatly to the Romantic movement. An eccentric and impassioned man who believes greatly in human freedom and detests the Urizen empire's destruction of the natural world. His Noble Phantasm,
    Golgonooza
    Spiritual Fourfold London
    is believed the hold the key to overturning Watt's control of the empire, but unfortunately it is not "complete" and needs a substantial construction process to invoke.

FC

"Captain Nemo" (Rider): A key figure in the rebellion, his modified submarine/skyship "Nautilus" serves as its floating base-of-operations. In reality he is the great science-fiction novelist Jules Verne, having embraced the moniker of one of his most famous creations to declare war on the Urizen empire. Possesses the Noble Phantasm Voyages Extraordinaires which allows him to manifest items and technology from any of his science-fiction works.

FC

Okita Souji (Saber)

Vlad III (Lancer)

"Ned Ludd" (Berserker): Mysterious leader of a more radical branch of the rebellion known as the "Luddites", that wish to destroy all modern technology rather than just ensure it's used for the benefit of humanity. A brawny man garbed in animal skins who possesses a Noble Phantasm allowing him to seemingly shut down and destroy the empire's technology just by his presence. His true identity is the naturalist philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau.

Blog Entries
    Great work Royd! I like the cast and when I saw it i hoped u would use the recent Henry sheet for it. Great that you did. Will you create the Servants without sheets so far as well? And what are the roles of Okita and Vlad?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Great work Royd! I like the cast and when I saw it i hoped u would use the recent Henry sheet for it. Great that you did. Will you create the Servants without sheets so far as well? And what are the roles of Okita and Vlad?
    Thanks man. The only sheet I might make is William Blake, and even then I don't have any special inspiration for him right now. Okita and Vlad were chosen because she was part of the Shinsengumi, the "traditionalist" side in the Meiji Restoration and he's conflated with Dracula, a mythical enemy of the British empire who also symbolized the "stagnant old era" to be overthrown by enlightenment, overall befitting the "tradition versus progress" theme of this Lostbelt. I also wanted some canon Servants to round out the cast so it wouldn't entirely be OCs, and after seeing Princess Principal I got the idea that a story set in steampunk Victorian England should include at least one cute samurai girl.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Name: Pseudo Singularity - Formerly Dark Metropolis: Tohno City
    Cute concept, but it's too bare-bones as-is to inspire a great deal of resonance or, well, inspiration (even taking into account the F/GO convention of events being lighter affairs than main story chapters). Leaves a reader wanting more, and not in a necessarily complimentary way. I'm not picky enough to criticize entries in this thread for not having every single plot beat meticulously hashed out, archived on the internet for everyone to read, but there's a certain something to this that's phoned-in or lacking, like a very rough rough draft meant to be posted-and-purged.

Bit of a shame, since Type-Moon magical girl stuff is p fun.

Urizen
    I am reminded of your Statue Man Lostbelt idea: LB King has miraculous encounter with an out of Age of Gods Divine Spirit, overcomes them and CONSOOMs their core, shapes the world in their image until it gets locked away from the future and becomes a Lostbelt. Difference being, of course, is that Watt's World--as I will affectionately refer to it as--is a comparatively more realized vision than its spiritual predecessor.

Beast Watt, first of all, is a good idea; the twistedness and poetry of taking a pillar of modern human civilization and the interpretation of them as a Beast--i.e. something modern human civilization needs to "surpass" for the sake of its own survival--is clear and present.

You said in the thread that his was a sheet that you put a lot of time and thought into, and it. That came across, certainly, esp. in light of "churns-out-a-mid-Servant" is what I consider the nature of the beast of the RoydGolden Create-a-Servant Servant creation experience. This LB sheet, in contrast to the other one, leaves me wanting more, but meant as a compliment instead. Seeing the other characters that exist alongside the prominently-realized Watt, and seeing what little they comparatively get, yet seeing what they do have, does leave me interested, so credit to ya.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I am reminded of your Statue Man Lostbelt idea: LB King has miraculous encounter with an out of Age of Gods Divine Spirit, overcomes them and CONSOOMs their core, shapes the world in their image until it gets locked away from the future and becomes a Lostbelt. Difference being, of course, is that Watt's World--as I will affectionately refer to it as--is a comparatively more realized vision than its spiritual predecessor.

Beast Watt, first of all, is a good idea; the twistedness and poetry of taking a pillar of modern human civilization and the interpretation of them as a Beast--i.e. something modern human civilization needs to "surpass" for the sake of its own survival--is clear and present.

You said in the thread that his was a sheet that you put a lot of time and thought into, and it. That came across, certainly, esp. in light of "churns-out-a-mid-Servant" is what I consider the nature of the beast of the RoydGolden Create-a-Servant Servant creation experience. This LB sheet, in contrast to the other one, leaves me wanting more, but meant as a compliment instead. Seeing the other characters that exist alongside the prominently-realized Watt, and seeing what little they comparatively get, yet seeing what they do have, does leave me interested, so credit to ya.
    Wow, thanks man. It's nice receiving positive feedback from one of the veterans of this forum. You're right that it's somewhat similar to my Phidias' Lostbelt (though their ideals are actually opposite for Phidias desires stagnation as eternal perfection whereas Watt dreams of endless progress constantly improving on itself), but I did try to flesh this one out more. For what it's worth, when it comes to me "churning out Servant sheets", I understand it may look that way but I actually tend to have ideas bouncing around my head for months or years before writing them up. I feel I put a fair deal of thought into most Servants I write up (with some exceptions where I really do get a sudden flash of inspiration and impulsively write up the sheet over a day or so). In any case, Watt is one of my recent works I have the most pride for so I'm glad you appreciated him.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That's interesting, and I can sympathize - sometimes it takes a good Spring to wake a plot bunny from its long Winter hibernation.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    That's interesting, and I can sympathize - sometimes it takes a good Spring to wake a plot bunny from its long Winter hibernation.
    Ha, that's a nice metaphor.

Blog Entries
    For what it's worth, when it comes to me "churning out Servant sheets", I understand it may look that way but I actually tend to have ideas bouncing around my head for months or years before writing them up. I feel I put a fair deal of thought into most Servants I write up (with some exceptions where I really do get a sudden flash of inspiration and impulsively write up the sheet over a day or so). In any case, Watt is one of my recent works I have the most pride for so I'm glad you appreciated him.
    I remember u mentioning that a while ago. On that note, who of your servants is the one you worked on the longest?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.