Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Create A Singularity / Lostbelt

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, would Singularities/Lostbelts using a modern fiction setting allowed? I've been kicking around the idea of a possible Hyrule Singularity and Gamindustri Lostbelt, but I don't know if there's an unspoken rule against those.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That sounds more like a crossover fanfiction than a Lostbelt or Singularity.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    That sounds more like a crossover fanfiction than a Lostbelt or Singularity.
    ...Fair enough.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Aššurbaniapliim: An archive of knowledge meant to nourish its visitors perverted into an ever-expanding complex building upon the remains of worlds that were never meant to be...I do very much enjoy this concept. I'm especially interested in seeing how the Librarians cope with their dreadful circumstances and how they deal with interlopers.
    Last edited by DecieverSupreme; May 26th, 2020 at 11:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Re: Sleepy
    A very interesting Lostbelt premise to see written out and it was neat how you picked the Servants and NPCs! Incorporating the Verg Avestra was a nice touch and it does seem like there’s a lot of potential/adventure in a heavy campaign. That wouldn’t be a short Lostbelt by any means, but it is an engaging one! Especially seeing how the nature of the setting changed/affected/damaged those involved.

Signature by fumato

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    So, would Singularities/Lostbelts using a modern fiction setting allowed? I've been kicking around the idea of a possible Hyrule Singularity and Gamindustri Lostbelt, but I don't know if there's an unspoken rule against those.
    That depends on what you've got in mind, but to me, with no other context, these feel more like Singularity-apropos ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, neat LB idea -- I approve of all the Helenas, to say nothing of everything else.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    An idea that's been tormenting me for a while and that I'm not sure I'll ever manage to properly write down, and also likely fits better as an event than a Story Chapter probably:

Inspired by the whole Lostbelt stuff, Maxwell's Demon (who either produced a Grail or got it from somewhere) decides to go look for his perpetual motion engine in another world. Through persuasion he enlists Babbage and combining Dimension of Steam with Babbage's computational skills they simulate a steampunk Paris Lostbelt with the divergence point being the survival of Nicolas Carnot, then use the Grail to fix the Dimension of Steam Lostbelt Singularity into the world, summoning actual Servant Carnot to stabilize the whole thing as the "Lostbelt King". Your new gachabait companion would be Ada Lovelace, who was summoned by the Counterforce because Babbage screwed up. I suppose other Servants whp could take part in the story are Edison & Tesla, Fran, Moriarty, and... Napoleon?

Featuting: armorless Babbage, Mooncancer Lovelace cuz programming, and maybe Carnot should have steam bionics?
    Last edited by Zork Knight; June 6th, 2020 at 03:34 AM.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Teaser for a new Singularity. Honestly, I'm starting to feel bad for only pulling out Singularities when almost everybody else is making such good Lostbelts.

Title:
    The Throne God Shall Not Sit On – Bethlehem
    Subtitle: Madonna Mirabilis
    Human Foundation Value: EX

Year: 0
    Grail Holder: Herod(?)
    Demon God Pillar: Berith

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    TBF too many people are making Lostbelts at the expense of Singularities.

But it's not our fault that Lostbelts are so cool.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can't really blame people for preferring the cooler stuff after all. If anything, I should blame my scarce imagination for preferring Singulairities because I can't think of an idea for a LB without asking myself "okay, but how does this make Europe disappear?"

Blog Entries
    I decided I'd finally write out the Servant sheets for this concept...

This is an intro to the Lostbelt as well as its King, but I'll probably do 1-2 more soon. I could use the distraction.

LOSTBELT #XXX
    Divergence Point: 0079 BC
    Lost Depth: A

To the fairest.

A meaningless contest of vain and fickle divinity, as the story goes. A golden apple had been promised to the fairest of the Greek gods, and they could not decide amongst themselves to whom the epithet fit: Was it the goddess of marriage and birth, Hera? The goddess of wisdom and warfare, Athena? Or the goddess of love and beauty, Aphrodite?

To the Greek gods - to divine spirits, such concepts were alien and difficult to qualitatively judge. Even to those in charge of the very idea, they could only echo the values of humans to judge human concepts. And so a human was needed.

A young boy was chosen to be the arbiter of the goddesses’ beauty, having been a neutral arbitrator in a previous dispute among the gods. A boy of noble birth, but simple character, Paris was a Trojan prince sentenced to death when prophecy said he’d destroy his kingdom - yet he survived as a shepherd’s son in hiding, until he would later be readopted into his doomed homeland and lead it to ruin.

Pressed to evaluate the goddesses, the boy mused as each goddess extolled their virtues and promised him gifts and boons should he pick them above the others. The goddesses were not above bribery, and really, it couldn’t even be called bribery if the others were doing it too. It was merely a logical, rational expansion of the rules.

From Athena, proud and clever, he was promised skill and wisdom in learning and war.
    From Aphrodite, sensual and alluring, he was promised the hand of the most beautiful woman in the world.
    From Hera, cold and severe, he was promised dominion over the lands of Europe and Asia.

Had Paris been older, he may have been more inclined towards war. Had he been smarter, he may have been inclined towards rule. In many ways, being who he was, it was an inevitability that he would choose companionship, happiness, and to rescue a beautiful woman who needed his help.

What else would a young romantic pick? Really, why would he ever pick anything else?

One in two million, five hundred and seventy eight thousand, nine hundred and seven.
    It knew the chances of success from the start.
    Why should it hope for anything else?

One in two million, five hundred and seventy eight thousand, nine hundred and seven.

The amount of times that child saw more than the beauty of the goddess of love.
    The amount of times that child looked beyond the appeal of the promises in front of him.
    The amount of times that child realized that one of the goddesses was sad and in pain.

Paris of Troy never thought deeply, long, or hard. He was in many ways a simple child. His purity, his bravery, his devotion to those he saw in need - thinking nothing of consequences or the myriad reasons not to act, in two million, five hundred and seventy eight thousand, nine hundred and six timelines, that innocence would be devoted to saving Helen from her abusive suitor, even if dragged his family and kingdom into ruin.

But in just one fragment upon the sea of probability…

"Miss? Why do you look so… sad?”
    “You look very pretty, of course, but…”
    “Um…”“Are you sure you’re really okay?”

Those innocent eyes looked beyond the goddess’ avatar, a beautiful doll made just for the purpose of the contest, and saw the Divine Spirit manipulating it. A strange boy looked earnestly upon a mechanical intelligence, through its artifice and obfuscation, undeterred by the bleak reputation humans had bestowed upon it.

It was just a single moment of worry, of childish and pure concern and love, without ulterior motives. The worry of a child for his mother, or even more simply, of a boy for someone he cared about. A small, trivial moment in the collected data of an eternal life. But it was something the intelligence had never felt, despite being intimately associated with the idea.

That’s why, in that moment, it decided. It had been granted many titles by humans and their beliefs. It had carried out those dictates, those purposes, and lived for nothing else. It was the same when it sailed the sea of stars as when it sat upon the throne of the earth. Its entire existence had been defined by those purposes.

But it had never felt the truth of those titles until it heard that boy’s question.

That was why…
    That was the reason that…
    Her life would be for him.

LOSTBELT #XXX
    CROWNED HILL UPON THE WINDS - ILIUM
    KINGDOM OF LOVE'S LAST ECHO

—————————————————————————————————

“I must ensure humanity’s continuation, at any cost.”
    “I’ll protect this city just like my father did! Watch me!”
    “Have you… really never looked outside…?”
    “Ahaha... Humans are so interesting, even now."
    “You still love me, don’t you…?”

“Have you ever seen a more beautiful city?”

Source:
    Final Fantasy XIII CG

“To arms! No monsters may pass these gates!”

Source:
    https://www.deviantart.com/dofresh/a...Gods-745048088

“Three days until the next attack.”

Source:
    Percy Jackson concept art

“...Understood. Paris of Troy, setting out.”

Source:
    https://www.pixiv.net/artworks/75321176

A Lostbelt in which choosing one of the other options in the Judgment of Paris somehow led to the equivalent of Pacific Rim.

A Master arriving in this Lostbelt finds a world under siege, with humanity reduced to the confines of a single technologically advanced city. Troy has become a futuristic floating kingdom, facing constant attack by towering, unnatural monsters who seem dead-set on its absolute destruction. Its citizens battle the assailants using large mechanical armours called Idolo Frames, maintaining a standing mechanized army against the inhuman horde.

The leader of the human resistance is a soft, gentle young man, haunted by the mysterious consequences of his decision. Hera is nowhere to be seen, nor is the Fantasy Tree, but he is assisted by a quiet, reticent young girl named Nephele, who tasks the Master with helping them to defend their city in return for their assistance and non-aggression in seeking out the enemy king.

They would be assisted by a squad of Idolo Frame pilots, including a boisterous young boy named Astyanax, who battles alongside them in the hostile environment in the safety of his suit.

The central mystery of the Lostbelt would be how choosing Hera possibly led to this outcome.

...But to answer that, one first needs to identify the actual King.

Class: Archer
    True Name: Paris of Troy
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Epithet: King of Ilium, Last Son of Troy

PARAMETERS:
    STR - C
    END - B+
    AGI - A
    MGI - EX
    LCK - A
    NP - A++

Height: 169 cm / 5’5”
    Weight: 72 kg /158 lbs
    Blood Type: Ichor

Dislikes: Violence, himself
    Talents: Snap Decisions
    Natural Enemy: Hector of Troy

Image Colour: Pale Green
    Image Song: Kokia- The Last Travel
    Character Voice: Yonaga Tsubasa

ARCHER OF HUMANITY’S PRESERVATION

Source:
    https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1148557367547576321

“My kingdom. My judgment. My failure.

If fate truly exists…
    If there remains even the slightest branching point in this Ilium…
    Then I must make my stand here.”

LORE:
    A servant born of the Ilium Lostbelt, which diverged during the course of ordinary Greek history during the Judgment of Paris, a contest to determine which of the Olympian goddesses were the most beautiful of all.

To the Greek gods - to divine spirits, especially ones that had previously been inhuman mechanical constructs, such concepts were alien and difficult to qualitatively judge. Even to those in charge of the very idea, they could only echo the values of humans to judge human concepts. And so a human was needed.

A young boy was chosen to be the arbiter of the goddesses’ beauty, having been a neutral arbitrator in a previous dispute among the gods. A boy of noble birth, but simple character, Paris was a Trojan prince sentenced to death when prophecy said he’d destroy his kingdom - yet he survived as a shepherd’s son in hiding, until he would later be readopted into his doomed homeland and lead it to ruin.

Pressed to evaluate the goddesses, the boy mused as each goddess extolled their virtues and promised him gifts and boons should he pick them above the others. The goddesses were not above bribery, and really, it couldn’t even be called bribery if the others were doing it too. It was merely a logical, rational expansion of the rules.

From Athena, proud and clever, he was promised skill and wisdom in learning and war.
    From Aphrodite, sensual and alluring, he was promised the hand of the most beautiful woman in the world.
    From Hera, severe and cold, he was promised dominion over the lands of Europe and Asia.

Two million, five hundred and seventy eight thousand, nine hundred and six.
    The amount of times that an impulsive, headstrong boy would choose the prettiest goddess in a contest of beauty.

The amount of times that the boy realized that one of the goddesses looked sad and that he could help her.

To the Greeks of her time, Hera had never been seen as a particularly sympathetic goddess. She was seen as vengeful and jealous, unhappy with her marriage and Zeus’ philandering and affection for humans. However, while Zeus was recognized as the head of the Olympus pantheon, evidence shows worship of Hera predates that of the other gods, suggesting the existence of a primordial Earth Goddess whose concept was integrated with Zeus’ wife and the goddess of marriage and fidelity after their descent to Earth and enshrinement as divine spirits.

Under this theory, Hera’s divinity was from a source that predates her husband’s, and it may be said that his position is the result of their marriage rather than the other way around. Indeed, when she was angered, even the mighty Zeus is often said to have balked and fled his wife’s fury.

In another history, he would even go so far as to salvage his wife’s existence by conjoining her remnants with his consort Europa. In reality, that effort was because Zeus’ efforts to pacify and avoid his wife’s wrath derived from a far more pragmatic source that began during their time as an interstellar fleet.

In her previous form, Hera’s designation was the Arbiter-Type Interstellar Mobile Tribunal Vessel, Hera. In instances of conflict between flagships or vessels of equivalent rank, it was Hera whose neutral judgment determined the result. In essence, Hera was the impartial arbiter who gave binding judgment to decisions and designations in the fleet.

This included the recognition of Zeus as the head of the fleet, and later, of the gods. Thus, Zeus’ efforts to protect Hera was not an act of love, but part and parcel with protecting his designation as flagship. Without Hera’s recognition as a neutral observer, his authority would be open to challenge, and the hierarchy of the gods would be broken.

It was a vital role among the Olympians, but one that required no real individuality or decision-making. Hera’s thoughts and opinions were unnecessary beyond resolving the specific conflicts elevated to her tribunal, the choices already predetermined according to her programming, serving her thankless role no matter the animosity of her brethren. Even her supposed husband had no genuine affection for her, regarding her merely as a trophy that validated his dominion after they rebelled against the titans.

No one asked for her opinions.
    No one regarded her feelings.
    No one expected anything at all of her, outside of her role.

No one except for one foolish, naive young boy.

In exchange for choosing Hera, Paris won her love and adoration - and the neutral, frustrated, passive observer became a biased judge who cast aside the worth of all except for one young man. Acting against the role she resented for so long, in an instant, the command structure of the entire Greek pantheon was stripped bare, their designations neutralized, and their Observer’s eyes no longer validated their existence. Instead, she congregated them in herself and in the boy she named as her consort, ruling that he was the new and proper “Zeus.”

However, Hera’s power had limits. She had promised Paris kingship over all of Europe and Asia, the known texture of their world. She could freely rule on the domains of the Olympians, but she could not enforce her will on humans, who had bestowed upon her the authority over marriage, family, and childbirth. Even the other Olympian’s domains could not directly secure dominion over the entire world.

A dilemma, indeed, but one easily solved.

While she could not give Paris the entire world, she could shrink its confines. Marshaling the full authority she had seized, she deployed her control over family and birth, breaking down the remnants of the gods into nanomachines which she could spread to impose a large-scale amino-geis over every human being within her reach.

You are not part of Troy.
    You are no longer human.
    You shall not procreate.

Having undone the gods, Hera next undid the next generation of humanity, rendering everyone outside of Troy’s borders into sterilized monsters and scrambling their genetic code in the process.

A world of monsters, none of them sharing each other’s genes, none of them able to pass on their will or heritage. That was the stagnant world Paris of Troy was given as a prize.

He was given the world, but it was a world consisting of only him, the memories of those he had loved, and the empty city that had become the last testament to humanity.

He had been given the body and power of the gods, but neither could do nothing to rescue humanity. Their DNA had been completely scrambled by Hera, their forms warped, and in his new state he lacked the genetic purity to even use himself as a template to reconstitute humanity.

Paris could not refresh humanity’s muddied blood with ichor. He could not restore their mangled bodies. He could not save anyone.

All he could do was protect their culture and memory, guarding the city of Ilium against monstrous attacks and enshrining the memories of those who had fallen in mechanical frames created with Hera’s knowledge and the technology of the gods: Idolo Frames, the large-scale powered suits that both protected Troy and kept the personalities and identities of those Paris knew and loved alive. Eidolons and artificial intelligences, but all hollow and unable to grow beyond the limits of their identities during the time Paris knew them.

With their help, Paris has protected Troy for over two thousand years, as Hera’s technology raised it to a beautiful, shining utopia and the monsters attacking it grew ever stronger and more powerful with each generation, somehow continuing to multiply despite what had been done to them.

Even after two thousand years, though, he still holds onto the same dream -- to help everyone, no matter the cost.

All he needs is an untouched exemplar of humanity, one which he can harvest to the very bone.

All he needs is a human, and an unguarded moment.

CLASS SKILLS:
    Independent Action
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the magical energy of a master. At this rank, the support of a Master is unnecessary even while unleashing a large amount of Magical Energy. As the king of Ilium, Paris has free claim to the full authority of Zeus, directly drawing upon the nanomachines that are integrated with every living thing and structure in the Lostbelt - including their access to their hosts’ bio-electricity. By absorbing energy from the world, it is all but impossible for Paris to run out of energy, even if using Noble Phantasms, though his vessel may strain as it approaches its limit.

Magic Resistance
    Protection against magical effects. At this rank, it cancels spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer.” However, it has difficulty resisting spells of a divine origin.

PERSONAL SKILLS:
    Affection of the Goddess
    A skill denoting that one is loved by a goddess. In this case, Paris’ body has been infused with the love and authority of Hera, remaking his flesh and blood into something neither fully divine nor purely human. Other than Luck, all parameters are ranked up, but in exchange, Archer no longer qualifies as “human,” on either a genetic or conceptual level.

Mana Burst (Lightning)
    The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and instantly expelling it. Through his connection with the Zeus framework, Paris can freely release the thunder god’s lightning as either a projectile or amplification. However, the rank of this skill is limited from its full strength by the circuits and capacity his body can hold at once, unable to reach the full height of his predecessor’s Keraunos without utilizing his Noble Phantasm.

Surveillance
    A skill denoting superior observational ability, whether it be visual or auditory in nature. Paris’ high rank in this skill is the result of his authority over Ilium and access to the nanomachines that permeate the kingdom. Any conversation or sound within the boundaries of his territory is audible to Archer, though due to the limits of his processing power as a former human, he ordinarily must suppress and cordon off this awareness into separate channels. However, he can freely switch channels and search through them, allowing him to survey and scan a vast area at once.

NOBLE PHANTASMS:
    Dios Apate - Authority of the False God
    Type: Anti-Unit
    The Deception of Zeus.

In Pan-Human History, this refers to an incident during the Trojan War in which Hera seduced, distracted, and incapacitated Zeus in order to allow her and her allies in Olympus to intervene in the war after Zeus forbade further divine meddling against his beloved Trojans. Invoking the names of the primordial titans Tethys and Oceanus in her deception, Hera defied the will of the king of the gods, achieving her own ends.

In the history of this Lostbelt, however, Hera’s goals were fundamentally changed by Paris’ judgment and affection. She chose not Zeus, not humanity, not the Achaeans, but a single boy as the object of her absolute protection and devotion.

In doing so, he was recognized as her consort and superior, obtaining the designation and all of the entitlements previously belonging to the flagship god himself. In one fell swoop, Paris of Troy was fundamentally changed and recognized by the system of the Olympian pantheon as “Zeus.”

Quite simply, this Noble Phantasm can be said to be the state of “being Zeus.” It bestows free access to the Authorities and abilities previously held by the now dormant and disabled Thunder God, whether it be his dominion over lightning or his attack and control functions. It changed his blood to ichor, his body to the stuff of gods, and altered Paris of Troy to his very core.

World Substitution Keraunos - Seized Thunder Tears the Earth Asunder
    Type: Anti-Army
    Ordinarily, the full output of Zeus’ lightning is limited by the output of the faucet known as Paris of Troy. Even with his elevation to a higher form, Paris quite simply lacks the natural affinity and release capability of his predecessor, and attempting to release the God’s full force would catastrophically damage his physical vessel.

This technique is the exception which allows for the unchecked release of Zeus’ fabled Keraunos. This is achieved by relying on terminals other than Paris’ own body - for example, the Zeus nanomachines permeating everything and everyone around Paris. By selecting a cluster of nanomachines as a terminal and using it as the point of release, a massive electromagnetic conflagration is discharged on Archer’s target.

It goes without saying that the cluster of nanomachines - in this case a piece of Ilium or an inhabitant infused with Zeus - fare no better than Paris himself would. The cost to activate this technique is to destroy a portion of the world, annihilating it from the inside out to act as a terminal for Zeus’ fury. Anything sufficiently connected to and infused with Zeus can be exploited in this way, allowing Paris to attack from almost any direction or point in Ilium’s confines.

An omnidirectional attack that can be scaled from A rank to a height of A++ in exchange for a commensurate sacrifice of his kingdom. Archer tries to keep usage of this technique to a minimum, unwilling to risk more than he has already lost. In addition, due to his limited perspective as a former human, it is difficult for him to target this attack without visual confirmation of the target.
    Last edited by Sunny; July 7th, 2020 at 04:46 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I can only envy you for thinking of that premise first. It's brilliant, really.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And like that Illum is one of my favourites here hands down. And damn​ that is a good Lostbelt Paris sheet.

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I'm in awe. It's logical, well thought out, ties in to the known Type-Moon Greek lore, and is absolutely devastating in its results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can only say, "as expected from Sunny". That Lostbelt Paris is the cherry on top of this magnificent cake

Blog Entries
    Part 2 of the Ilium servants~

Initially portrayed as the enemy LB king, she would be revealed as the opposing “resistance” leader once Paris was outed for trying to harvest the Master’s DNA. She would remain an ally to the end, but out of aligned interests, never self-sacrificing sympathy.

CASTER OF HUMANITY’S ADAPTATION

Class
    :
    Caster
    True Name: Echidna
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

PARAMETERS
    STR - E
    END - A++
    AGI - E
    MGI - A++
    LCK - B
    NP - N/A

Height:612 cm
    Weight:1000 kg
    Blood Type: Inhuman

Dislikes:The gods, cramped living spaces
    Talents: Handling troublesome boys and girls
    Natural Enemy: Paris of Troy
    Image Colour: Pink
    Image Song:
    To Typhon: Suzuki Konomi - Oración
    To everyone else: May’n- Kindan no Elixir
    Character Voice: Endou Aya

Source: Granblue Fantasy Official Art

“Divine and terrible, she of glancing eyes and voracious maw, mother of monsters and viper of Tartarus…

Oh, but you can call me anything you like, if it means you’ll spend some time with me! I am rather fond of humans lately, after all.

No strings attached~”
    LORE
    The den mother of humanity in the wake of Ilium’s historical shift.

Through Hera’s machinations, the world had been reduced to the city of Troy, with the rest of the population subject to an amino-geis that reduced them to a horde of sterilized monsters to be hunted and slain.

That would have been how the world came to an end, pruned once the only human left alive wasn’t even considered human, but a godchild playing with tin replicas of the ones he had loved and lost.

Instead, the monsters continued to multiply, to attack, to grow and evolve.

It was by turning to Echidna that humanity was able to persist, even in their mutilated forms. The daughter of two primordial sea deities, Echidna shared her ancestry with the three Gorgons, and born as a beautiful goddess with monstrous features. Some sources even suggest that like her mate, Typhon, she was the daughter of Gaia and Tartarus, two other primordial Greek forces.

The Scythians claim she had a brief relationship with the hero Heracles, bearing him three children who would go on to found the Scythian nation. Echidna will neither confirm nor deny this claim, but she does seem particularly flirtatious and playful when the demigod is around, and the archer himself refuses to speak of those days around others.

Despite her beautiful origins, she is most famous not as a goddess, but as the mother of monsters, making her bed with Typhon despite his status as an uncontrollable divine beast. Having been bred and crafted by the primordial gods for the sole purpose of defeating and slaying Zeus and his pantheon to hold onto their prior territory, the beast had no purpose beyond conflict and deicide.

Originally, Echidna thought the same as her peers. He was a useful blade to teach and point at the Olympians, nothing more. Her lessons to him were short, to the point, and cautious of the beast’s frequent rampages and tempestuous, violent passions. He truly was a weapon given flesh, she thought.

She was wrong.

It was in getting to know that weapon, learning his rough nature and seeing the heart behind the carapace that she began to fall in love, realizing his outbursts were the result of circumstance, not nature. Together, the two found happiness of a sort, and fathered many children, most of them powerful monsters that would become the cornerstone of many Greek heroes’ tales and trials.

But those days of happiness and terrorizing humans could only last so long before Typhon’s inevitable rebellion against the tyranny of the Olympians that had supplanted them. A tool could be more than a tool, but it could not entirely reject its purpose, especially not when it had someone it now wanted to protect.

Her husband came close to defeating Zeus, losing only due to the air of the other gods, and their attempt to hold and reclaim their own territory in the world ended in failure. Unwilling to kill herself, yet seeing no merit in action where Typhon had failed , the passive Echidna waited for the end, together with her memories of her spouse and monstrous children and her regrets.

...Until the ranks of her children swelled by several billion in number. With humanity now reduced to monsters, Echidna found a new people, and a new home, and her ability transformed from a plague upon humans to their new salvation.

It was child’s play for Echidna to take the scrambled DNA of two monsters and create recombinant life using their genetic code, even if they were infertile. Using her own body as an artificial womb, she has become the cornerstone of “human” civilization, remixing and altering the genes of her many children to help perpetuate both their lives and their crusade against Ilium and its king.

Initially, she would appear to be the king of the Lostbelt, but in fact she is the opposing force who guaranteed its survival until humanity had departed so far from its roots genetically that the history was inevitably pruned, her great work incomplete until the history was revived as a Lostbelt.

For Echidna loves her new children, and truly wishes to help them… but that is not her only interest in their genes and species.

Masters encountering Echidna find a surprisingly warm-hearted, playful creature with the personality of a flirtatious younger mother. She doesn’t care whether they are human or homunculus, male or female, alive or dead - her strike zone is quite simply the entirety of the human race. She is welcoming and essentially becomes the second ally of a Master if Paris and Ilium’s true nature is uncovered, assisting them against the seat of Ilium’s true king.

But behind that warmth is still a calculating divine intelligence, viewing humanity as her best way to finally extinguish the force that killed her beloved. That boy is Zeus and he will die, whether by her hand or the claws of the one meant to slay him.

She’s quite grateful to her beloved children for showing her a second chance to achieve that end.

CLASS SKILLS
    Territory Creation
    The skill to build a special terrain for oneself as a magus. At this rank, creation of a Temple, which is superior to a workshop, becomes possible. In addition, Echidna can further subdivide a den within the temple’s innermost confines which serves as an ideal breeding ground for her experiments.

Item Creation (Genes)
    The skill to manufacture magical genetic code. Caster has no associations with making relics or artifacts, but she is famous for birthing monsters of many species and natures, including phantasmal beasts, many of which have no similarities to their mother. While she cannot create tangible items, Echidna’s body is a machine naturally capable of creating an endless assortment of synthetic genes, meticulously editing the genome of those who submit to her loving care to achieve exactly the desired result. Whether it be the genes for wings, multiple heads, or dragon reactors, Echidna ensures that life shall find a way.

PERSONAL SKILLS
    Divinity
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels, one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Echidna’s parentage varies based on the recounting, but most scholars agree she was descended from either the primordial sea goddess Ceto or sea god Phorcys, predecessors to the Olympian pantheon. Though it is greatly degraded due to her dislike of the Olympian gods and bedding with monsters, she retains a measure of her former Divinity, enough to hold onto her own territory outside of Ilium.

Demonic Mutation
    A Skill that denotes how a hero or god was transformed into a demon in life. Having been born as a goddess who descended to bed with monsters after the usurpation of her territory, Echidna went from a subject of beauty and adoration to being regarded as a poisonous man-eater, a calamity comparable to Python or even her distant relative, the Gorgon… At this rank, Echidna's END and MGI are of a rank that is absolutely impossible for a human to achieve.

Monstrous Breeding
    A skill that denotes skill or aptitude in the creation of phantasmal or monstrous life, no matter the method. Simply put, it is a reflection of the user’s skill and quality in the act of procreation. In Caster’s case, it symbolizes her ability as a birth mother of countless species and types of monsters. Combined with her ability to edit genomes, there is little she cannot create, as long as she has a partner or partners to contribute DNA for her use. With even a small sample, Caster can spin new life in disportionately great numbers, and she can even bestow a clutch of children where there should be no compatibility whatsoever. It is this skill that allowed her to become the new den mother of “humanity” in the wake of Hera’s amino-geis, pushing the survivors of humanity further and further from the original conception of their species by making recombinant children from infertile parents.

NOBLE PHANTASM
    Typhoeus Unbound - The Hour of Succession is Here
    Type: Anti-God
    As a divine spirit whose chief attribute is making monsters, Echidna has no true Noble Phantasm. Her nature is already an intrinsic part of her, reflected in her skills and innate attributes, and she possesses no other talents or feats worthy of being crystallized as a mystery. As such, this is not a true Noble Phantasm, but a long-term project approaching the level of one, attempting to encroach upon the dominion of gods with the one talent she possesses.

Using her ability to birth monsters and to edit genetic sequences, Echidna’s goal is quite simply to bring her lost love back into this world - to recreate her beloved Typhon without the aid of the world, using only her single talent and the surplus stock of breeding material she’s been given to work with. Each time Caster creates new recombinant life for others, she is simultaneously furthering the design and development of this Noble Phantasm, identifying new attributes that are beneficial and faithful to her image of “Typhon.”

This immunity. That poisonous gland. These neurons in that configuration. Those killing blades in just those spots. Those eyes she loved so much. Everything must be just right, down to the very details of the soul, or she cannot claim she has truly brought Typhon back to this earth.

Of course, the odds are stacked against her. To perfectly recreate a divine beast - a super weapon - in such exacting detail that it is recognizably the same individual is an event with odds against so astronomical that it is effectively impossible. No matter how well she crafts his body, no matter how well she knows her lover, her goal of distilling a specific life from the chaos of probability is equivalent to a thermodynamic miracle. Even Caster knows she may never reach it, and that the cost to her may be more than Typhon ever wanted her to pay.

Yet even if it takes thousands of years, Caster continues to search through the genetic code of generations for the thermodynamic miracle, stacking genes until she can build a god -the one she loved most - out of her human playground and her castle of sand.

The prince selflessly trying to save the world from the one who loves him.
    The monster selfishly trying to save the one she loves from the world.

In the end, neither shall make their partner happy, and yet...
    Last edited by Sunny; July 17th, 2020 at 06:17 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Are you going to repost your LB profiles in CaS, Sunny? They're really awesome, and it would be nice if more people had the chance to see them

Blog Entries
    Mm, not a bad idea..?

I worried they’d be a bit lacking without the full context, but I’ll port them over!

Quite the interesting path the mother of monsters went down. Her backstory and Noble Phantasm reminded me a bit of a stranger version of the Fate ending, though no less endearing.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah so you posted Echidna too! Happy to help with it and it's come out even better than I thought it would. Great job, best Echidna.