Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast

Thread: Create A Singularity / Lostbelt

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As for Yokai Servants, there's plenty of potential for what you could do for them. On one hand, making sheets based purely on the yokai could work pretty well. But on the other, I think it would be interesting if Toriyama were to somehow bestow four of his best minions with the Saint Graphs of Raikou's four retainers a la the Fairy Knights of the Round Table.

And speaking of Raikou, she would definitely fit as a major ally in this Lostbelt.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    ​0
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice and points. Really like the idea of combining the Saint graphs of the four heavenly kings with Yokai similar to the fae round table we have right now. And thanks for the story motifs, that was another area where I know I was lacking. Like I knew I had the set up but no substance after the fact. I’ll definitely go ahead and start working on this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Ellis. View Post
    Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice and points. Really like the idea of combining the Saint graphs of the four heavenly kings with Yokai similar to the fae round table we have right now. And thanks for the story motifs, that was another area where I know I was lacking. Like I knew I had the set up but no substance after the fact. I’ll definitely go ahead and start working on this.
    The Fae Round Table Knights are my favorite part of Lostbelt 6 because the idea behind them is actually pretty interesting.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries

If you could have a second chance at life, would you have taken it?

No

That’s unfair of me

Wanting to live is natural, isn’t it? Wanting to keep going despite knowing your time has come, I don’t think anyone would turn that down without at least considering it. And if they did? All the power to them

I’m not like that, okay.

I was a coward. I was afraid.

I already died once.

I’m sure you know the story. There must have been forty of us, brought together for the sake of saving human history after it was incinerated. We were supposed to be the heroes of the story.

The ones who ‘reclaimed our future’

What a bad joke

We couldn’t even make it past the starting line.

I don’t resent you though. You were the one who picked our slack after that traitor set us all up to die. You were the one who got to see those wonderful sights, fighting alongside heroes of all places and times. You did what we couldn’t and stood your ground until the very end.

Gods, I’m jealous.

But that 's fine. I don’t resent you.

So, please… don’t resent me

Anomaly detected

Analysis complete

Felling Theoretical Phenomenon

We didn’t have a choice.

It was this… or staying dead.

I don’t want to die. None of us want to. Neither me nor the people of this land. They are innocent, their only sin was being judged as a dead end. A place where mankind dies.

But you know… I died once

I can relate

They don’t want to die either.

So, I’m afraid I can no longer be a part of Chaldea. I can’t keep living if it means I fail this task. And they won’t be able to live either if I fail. So I can’t afford to fail, you know? Because I want to live. Because they want to live.

But that’s unfair to you.

Chaldea wanted to live too. Proper Human History wants to live too.

That’s why… I’m throwing down the gauntlet.

I’m not saying you guys are wrong. I’m not gonna pretend I am helping guide humanity down a better, righteous, path. That’s just lip service from the others, they want to make sure the world we are saving is somehow better to convince themselves it’s the right choice.

I don’t mind. I’ll fight for my [History]

The [History] where I can keep living.
    So come, Chaldea, let the best Master win.

Lost Depth… C

Origin Point … 1540 A.D

This is a story which started with a man. A man loved by his people who was both King and God. Who each year would inaugurate and maintain his rule by covering his body in golden dust before bathing. A ritual meant to grant him the [Right of Ruling], to assure his people that the King would do as they wished.

It 's an old story. Passed down from word of mouth.

A centuries old game of Chinese Whispers.

The funny thing about that game is that the final message often turns out to be something completely different from the origin. So, the Man of Gold would eventually be passed down from parent to child. Generation to Generation. Each time becoming farther and farther removed from his origin.

Yet his name remained the same.

El Dorado.

The City of Gold.

The Lost Empire.

That was the shape the legend took, many explorers delving into the depths of the unknown looking for this vaunted city of endless riches. This lost empire filled with strange wonders of the old world. If they could find it, if it really existed, then that would forever change the course of human history, their names forever etched into memory for centuries to come.

In Proper Human History, this event never came to pass.

El Dorado was just that.

A myth, a fanciful tale explorers fooled themselves into believing was truth.

The difference is that in this timeline, the original ritual which crowned the Golden King exists. It was discovered and by the hands of ignorant truthseekers… unleashed upon the world. Feeding on the dreams and desires of countless humans who sought the Legend of El Dorado, the ritual materialized their desires.

A King.

A Golden City.

A Lost Empire.

The ritual did what it was conceived to do, instate a new [King] and impress upon the King what must be done to assure that his subjects will prosper, as well as how to obtain the resources needed to rule a prospering nation. So what happens when the Ritual created to make a perfect king is tainted by the relentless greed of explorers searching for gold, and the dreams of a long forgotten utopia?

It tries to reproduce those to the best of its capabilities.

By creating a King capable of ruling an empire.

But a King with no nation to rule or people to guide is meaningless. And that’s when… history changed forever.

Tracking signal …

Latitude… -2.163106
    Longitude… -55.126648

Transmission located

So you are coming after all…

Good, I didn’t expected anything else from you.

Perhaps earlier than I thought. After all, my [History] is middling compared to the others. But I assure you, I have something here that blows the competition out of the water. The perfect King created by a ritual sought by explorers and historians for centuries, all their condensed [Dreams] giving shape to an absolute ruler who won’t lose to anything Proper Human History has to offer.

Data filed under LBK#1

Designation
    LBK#3 - The Golden King

You sure work fast!

Guess I have my work cut out for me, don’t I? Need to set a good example to the other Crypters. Yeah, Crypters. That’s the name we decided to go with. You know how magi can be with their fancy names and missions statements, everything dramatic and bombastic.

I’m sure one of them has already made a transmission. Some kind of declaration of war on Proper Human History, yeah?

What a bunch of drama queens.

Energy signature detected

Texture Anchoring Successful

‘Fantasy Tree’ data filed under ‘Needle’ designation.

This is it, huh?

Might as well give you a tour.

Welcome, Master of Chaldea, to the Lost Empire of the Golden Age

El Dorado: Lost Empire of the Golden Age

Pantheonic War for the New World

Welcome to the world ruled by a Perfect Emperor.

The Golden King.

Autopia born from the [Greed] and [Hope] of humanity.

So long as he remains in his Throne, the King is Invincible.

It took me some time to get everything in order. It was hard work, but I wanted to live so badly even a no-good like me managed to find the nerve to get things done. I needed this place to survive, so that I could survive.

Throne Activity Detected

Simultaneous Ghost Liner Deployment

Analysing Saint Graphs

“The Wished King”
    Saver
    Sebastian
    “Princess of Rebellion”
    Leader
    Aqualtune
    “The Soldier King”
    Saber
    Pedro I
    “Queen of La Plata”
    Assassin
    Carlota Joaquina

Ah, those four.

Yeah, they’ve been annoying me for quite some time. Not that they managed to accomplish anything. They can’t make it through the jungle, and all they do is squabble over who gets to lead the resistance. Such strong personalities they have, its like having way too many cooks trying to be the Chef.

Even if they are somewhat powerful, I think you will understand soon why they were the ones summoned and not more popular figures with much more power to their name.

Rather, they were the only ones who ‘could’ be summoned.

Failure to materialize Saint Graph

Karmic Rejection detected

Running simulations.

Chaldea FATE compatibility checks

Europe….15%… Asia…12%… Africa…23%… Oceania…0.3%…

North America…53%

Central America - 80%

South America - 95%

[Karmic Rejection]

A phenomenon which completely denies the existence of individuals not connected to the local environment. Fame values are reverted, further weakening Servants who are not connected to my Lostbelt.

You’ve been busy collecting allies from all over the world haven’t you?

From Greek Demigods to Knights of the Roundtable, you have gathered quite the impressive party. Something like that would be way too troublesome to deal with, so I cooked up a little something to even the odds.

Hope you have studied history.

Because this land, the New World, won’t accept any but those who have proven themselves. Those born here. Those who fought and bled in its shores and fields. Don’t think for a second that you can treat my History like it is just one of the Seven Singularities.

It will crush you.

Atmospheric Ether Density

… analysing…

Irregular readings detected.

Multiple high density ether signals located.

5…

12…

27…

55…

You are only getting it now, aren’t you?

That this world is different.

That’s because, for over five hundred years, my Lostbelt has been regressing further and further into the Age of Gods. A world where humans live alongside monsters of the past and the gods. A perfect world where nature cannot be disturbed by [Greed] or [Hope]

What reigns is the [Law of the Land]

Overseen by goddess summoned from across the continent, connected to the remnants of humanity.

The Mother of Monsters Avenger Kerana
    Chthonic Dragon God Gatekeeper Pachacamac
    Orisha of the Sea Caster Yemoja
    Twin Heroes of the Maya Archer Hunahpu and Xbalanque,
    Orisha of Thunder and Fire Berserker Shango

Voice recognition successful

Master File# 37

Guess its about time I introduced myself… huh?

I’ll try not to feel insulted that it took you this long to find out who I am… rather… who I was.

I’m dead, after all. My body was trapped inside one of those coffins.

I was called to chaldea because my experience in dealing with environments warped by high ether levels made me a possible trump card in areas where fauna, and particularly flora are affected and mutated by the presence of ether in the atmosphere. In short, there is no Lostbelt better suited to me than this world where Gods rule over an Empire in the unbraved wilds.

Master, you are rambling.

Sorry, am I?

Yes. The enemy should be arriving soon. We must prepare.

Guess I won’t be able to keep on ranting huh.

The Emperor wishes to see you.

I guess this is it, Chaldea.

In a fight where both sides are struggling for survival, there is no place for good or evil. I’ve resolved to fight my hardest to keep on living in this [Pruned History].

So that WE can live, Master.

Yes, of course.

We are ready and willing to fight for our future, Chaldea. Don’t disrespect us with pity. Come with the intent to kill, or you will be the ones killed.

Such is the Law of the Land.

To be Continued:

[Crypter File #3] -
    Delfinger Nesthesia

Last edited by Wyvern; June 17th, 2021 at 04:56 PM.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    ​0
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    So, here's an idea that popped into my head because of how my Church has been doing a Bible study on the Book of Exodus on Wednesday nights; what if instead of fleeing from the Promised Land because of the giants and being condemned to wander the wilderness for forty years, the Israelites were not deterred and continued into the Promised Land like they were originally intended to? I feel like that could provide the basis for a decent Lostbelt.

But I am going to admit that I have no real intention on actually going forward with this one, so I'm just throwing it out there for anyone to pick up.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Cool work Wyvern, I was drawn into it. Looking forward to see more of it. Your style of presentation is always a joy to read. Meso/South America becomes even more interesting now. I only know stuff about the Aztec/Mayans and Incans, but I remember when I started looking over to Brazil I did not find much sources for mythology and thought perhaps it isnt really documented there. Guess I was wrong, I hope to learn more about your mythology!
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I imagine that it would be very hard to find information if you can't search for it in portuguese. Very little of it is translated and not enough is posted anythere outside of wikipedia. Though we don't have an overarching 'Brazilian Mythology', what we do have is a bunch of customs and beliefs which were brought over from Africa because of the Slave Trade at the time. There were also various tribes with their own legends, though I primarily draw from Tupi Guarani legends, as they seem to be the more readily available for research. There's also a lot of folklore that was brought over from Europe by immigrants and the explorers themselves so you can think of Brazilian Mythology as this hodge podge of a bunch of mythologies.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Yeah, I imagine that it would be very hard to find information if you can't search for it in portuguese. Very little of it is translated and not enough is posted anythere outside of wikipedia. Though we don't have an overarching 'Brazilian Mythology', what we do have is a bunch of customs and beliefs which were brought over from Africa because of the Slave Trade at the time. There were also various tribes with their own legends, though I primarily draw from Tupi Guarani legends, as they seem to be the more readily available for research. There's also a lot of folklore that was brought over from Europe by immigrants and the explorers themselves so you can think of Brazilian Mythology as this hodge podge of a bunch of mythologies.
    Your Lostbelt is Looking good i must say Wyvern although i am not so well Knowledge able in ist history ! are there appearing lso old World persons ? like some discoveres and Expeditioners likee Pytheas ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    I haven't included them on the lists because I have to comb through the canon servants. But there are some who could be summoned under the right circumstances. Explorers are definetely one of the exceptions to the rule. As well as those who actions affected the history of south america itself. For example, Napoleon was the cause for the Royal Portuguese family and their court moving to Brazil. So the man can be summoned there due to that link.

Blog Entries
    Nice jobe Wyvern. Can't wait to see more about your Lostbelt. I gotta learn a thing or two on how to write Lostbelts. BTW, do you plan on making the servant Carlota Joaquina or is it already done?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Therion View Post
    Nice jobe Wyvern. Can't wait to see more about your Lostbelt. I gotta learn a thing or two on how to write Lostbelts. BTW, do you plan on making the servant Carlota Joaquina or is it already done?
    Oh, I already have a version of her done. But I am probable gonna revamp it for my new style. I had some new ideas for the Lostbelt versions of these characters so I will re-post my Sebastian, Joaquina and also make the Pedro I sheet. Not sure if I should edit Aqualtune as well.

Almost done with the character design and skills/NP for these guys. Plot is moving along now that I’ve refined the original “what makes it a lostbelt” section of the history. Kept the same overall idea just changed some things around a bit. Anyways here’s the reveal sheet for mononoke so far guess who is who and what class they belong too!
    Reveal Sheet

Blog Entries
    Almost done with the character design and skills/NP for these guys. Plot is moving along now that I’ve refined the original “what makes it a lostbelt” section of the history. Kept the same overall idea just changed some things around a bit. Anyways here’s the reveal sheet for mononoke so far guess who is who and what class they belong too!
    Reveal Sheet

I like it! Looks really nice.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Reveal Sheet

I have zero knowledge on what your Lostbelt is about, only that the servants look asian. I can at least say with 100% certainty that the black one is an archer.

Blog Entries
    Reveal Sheet

That's some nice art, got me hyped.

Blog Entries
    So, here’s an idea for a Lostbelt that I just got but don’t really have the drive to complete myself, even if I do think it’s rather interesting:
    A Lostbelt that diverged sometime in the American Revolution that led to George Washington becoming an “eternal president” and creating an America that serves as “a shining beacon of hope, freedom, and peace” as the world outside of its borders collapses.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    So, here’s an idea for a Lostbelt that I just got but don’t really have the drive to complete myself, even if I do think it’s rather interesting:
    A Lostbelt that diverged sometime in the American Revolution that led to George Washington becoming an “eternal president” and creating an America that serves as “a shining beacon of hope, freedom, and peace” as the world outside of its borders collapses.
    *Insert Jojo part 7 joke here*

Anyway, this has potential, but you may need an even greater divergence caused by Washington being eternal president. If canon LBs are any indication, the involvement of magecraft and/or Divine Spirits tend to be the easiest way for that. Seeing an LB that greatly diverged from PHH through man-made decisions alone would be interesting, though.

Blog Entries
    So it's one of those cases of 'misplaced prosperity' creating a utopia which reaches a dead end? After all, most countries and civilizations have high points and low points, but this version of America has become perpetously thriving at the cost of the entirety of the world outside it.

Sounds like a pretty neat concept.

Now onto Koga's Lostbelt:

I can see that you took quite a lot of inspiration from certain Lostbelts. For example Aton absorbing the strength of other Egyptian gods to become the singular deity of Lostbelt Egypt being a similar thing that Arjuna did with the gods of his Lostbelt. Becoming a god combined of all others.

I don't know enough about Egyptian history to properly understand the diversion point. But from what I can tell, you are saying that in Proper Human history, an action was taken which set the correct course of history. While in this Lostbelt, this same decision couldn't be reached, meaning that the ruler at the time was ousted from command and a new one took over.

There are a lot of mentions of the gods that were captured.

I think that you really need to focus on the events of the lostbelt as they relate to the state of the immediate area that will be explored by Chaldea when it arrives. Or by a Crypter character. Though having a calendar and proper timeline of events is interesting in its own way, I feel like your Lostbelt is losing an identity or proper overarching theme to the plot you built around it.