Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Witch and the Dark Forest (OOC)

夜属 Nightkin GilgameshKingOfMemes's Avatar
    JP Friend Code

The Witch and the Dark Forest (OOC)

The Witch and the Dark Forest

Swirling amongst the moonlight, tales of the fantastical sweep up the fates of men like leaves in the wind.

A siren's song of the void lures in these struggling, desperate souls.

Decaying fantasy atop the mountains of the dead summon these creatures like vultures. They so desperately cling to the fragments of an unreachable past.

Regardless of the peril, they simply wish to hold the stars in the sky within their own hands and thus follow that lure.

Cursed with mortal folly and bound by ideal, without hesitation they pursue the dream which clouds their eyes.

Another opportunity arises to tell the same tale another time.

Rumor has it that a witch lives in a dark forest, 80 kilometers below ground…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to The Witch and the Dark Forest, a Nasuverse faction based survival rp set in the dark depths of Albion. This rp is divided into 4 different factions which will be competing for the same goals, all while battling against the harsh world of Albion and each other. The rp will be divided up by whatever major challenge you are competing for at the time, but the end goal remains the same. Unravel and lay claim to the mysteries of the Dark Forest. For reference, the first goal will be a race from Magisfair to the Dark Forest, each teams placement providing diminishing returns that must be balanced against the benefits you can obtain on the way there.

There will be about 3 to 4 slots per faction (Even if not all of them are filled), except the Dead Apostles who play different from everyone else and will only have about 2. In character creation I'm mainly looking for interesting ideas and characters, I'm not too concerned about balance or even adhering strictly to the rules if it's for the sake of something cool. We can always rebalance later after all. Also, because this rp is based on groups and team work, I hope people will feel more comfortable making characters who do support or fit certain niches. Being the strongest isn't the goal, the only winners are the ones who survive.

I'll be placing each team within their own group dms on Discord so your actions can be more coordinated. Certain information and decisions meant to be hidden from other players will also be conducted there.

This is a system I've built mostly from scratch, though influence from other rps on this site is certainly there. In my general inexperience I'll apologize in advance for any slowness, spelling errors and sudden balance/rule changes that might spontaneously occur when I realize I didn't think something through, but if that doesn't scare you away you can find the rules amongst other things HERE. You can also take a look at an example sheet HERE though it doesn't cover everything.

The deadline will in about 2 to 3 weeks from now, a proper date pending on how people are doing. So people can make more informed decisions, every few days I'll give an update of how many people have applied to join a specific faction. If you have any questions, need clarification, or help integrating an idea into the setting or rules, you can shoot me a message here or on Discord.

Last edited by GilgameshKingOfMemes; March 29th, 2023 at 11:41 PM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    A very welcome surprise!

Looks interesting

JP Friend Code
    After a week of I’ve decided to set an official deadline of April 7th

As for promise demographic updates.

1 Member of the Clocktower as been submitted

And that’s currently it, so no rush

Just about done myself, but feel there could be some public clarity on spells.

Spells:

For every 1 AP you spend you get 3 spells. Spells are powerful and their rank in combat is treated as two higher than the corresponding rank in physical strength. The rank of your spells are limited by your FIN stat.

Every time you increase the spells rank, this incantation time gets longer but gains an extra effect. A notably more powerful effect can take the spot of two effects, or an effect spot can be used to boosts the spells raw power.

Spells have costs proportional to their rank as well as an incantation time. The higher the rank the more limited the actions available to your character become. A spell depending on its function will naturally take up either an attack or recovery option, but every consumed action outside of that is up to you and your current strategy.
    So let's say my PRA is rank C. Does this mean I have access to 15 spells per 1 AP=3 spell, or is this completely unrelated?
    I ask because later on, certain perks like the Magic Crest supposedly give you a number of spells. Are these bonus spells?
    Last edited by Bugs; March 28th, 2023 at 02:16 PM.

JP Friend Code
    You buy spells independently. So if you have 20 AP points, instead of a perk you can spend two for six spells. Perks that give you spells are bonus spells and you may not have exact control of how many you get or what they all do.

Quote Originally Posted by GilgameshKingOfMemes View Post
    You buy spells independently. So if you have 20 AP points, instead of a perk you can spend two for six spells. Perks that give you spells are bonus spells and you may not have exact control of how many you get or what they all do.
    Got it, thanks.

JP Friend Code
    New Demographics update:

So far we have 3 Clocktower sheets I have seen.

Amongst the people who have not submitted but have expressed interest we have

2 Potential Churchies

I'd like to make sure no player is left on their own as this is team based, so to help with that even if you haven't submitted or talked to me yet, if you can tell me what faction interests you that would be helpful and I'll include it in the next demographics update. Thanks.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm interested, probably as Autopsy or Clocktower.

JP Friend Code
    Demographics update: No real changes. Autopsy and Dead Apostles are wide open.

Blog Entries
    Against my better judgement, I'm willing to step into either of those if it looks like anyone else is going to. Some semblance of a party and all.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Bloble and I are gonna check it out
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    nice nice, the more the merrier

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    What moon said.

Is that April 7 deadline by end of day or start of day?

JP Friend Code
    End of the day. Though I’ll also give extensions to anyone who really needs it.

Finalizing tweaks, good luck.

JP Friend Code
    A couple people have asked for extensions so I'm gonna push the Deadline back a little bit to sometime next week or until I get everyone's sheets, which ever comes first.

So for now, demographics.

ClockTower: 4 sheets submitted.

Church: 1 sheet submitted, 2 people have shown interest.

Magisfair: 2 people have shown interest.

Dead Apostles: 1 person has shown interest.

I sent in a character via Discord. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I was originally planning to make an Autopsy character, but the creative winds lead me to the Church faction instead. Though I'm sure changes can be made if spots are filled. Has anyone made their sheets public? I think it would be interesting to compare and contrast, but on the other hand there's an adversarial bent to the story so giving your rivals key info of your character might not be the best idea haha.
    Go check out some awesome fan fiction!
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Fanfics
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../FateStayNight
    Because the remaining ten percent is worth dieing for.

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, Magi locked in a deadly battle royal. Sounds familiar right? Familiar and AWESOME.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...eo-Walkthrough

JP Friend Code
    Demographics update. Maybe the last one as time is ticking.

ClockTower: 3 submissions

Church: 4 submissions.

Magisfair: 2 submission, 3 people interested.

Dead Apostles: Empty
    Last edited by GilgameshKingOfMemes; April 14th, 2023 at 07:50 PM.