Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: [Quest] Lostbelt Raising Project

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Umm, 3.

I would go with 3. We have no clue what the assassin's abilities are besides being able to cut off the Emperor's head. Best to focus on defense and let the Servant play their hand first. The Assassin might even have the ability to escape any trap they were caught in. Ultimately though, it is a coin toss, and I am using my gut.

1. 3 is tempting for obvious reasons, but have doubts hiding away like that will work out. (Also.. maybe think there are a few people they can target besides Papa Yao while the gang is busy looking out for themselves like self-serving cowards.)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You know that thing when you write something and it doesn't post? Yeah, I've had that. Anyways, my votes:

Mind Reading, 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm

Mind Reading

​3
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries

Year: 2018

In the end, after much deliberation, we decided to pick the safe option for now. Our opponent is simply too unknown for us to take any large risks against. It’d be too difficult to formulate a trap or strategy against them with our current situation. As such, our group immediately turtled up in our quarters and set up our anti-Assassin defenses. While it’s a shame we can’t chase after the enemy, this was simply the safest option, one chosen out of absolute seriousness and necessity.

“So, how the hell did things end up like this?” I cry out, as I reflect on the strange situation that I found myself in.

“Ugghhh… what are you on about? I’m trying to sleep.” Alisha groans and turns towards me while rubbing her eyes.

“Is something wrong, dear?” Yingying also opens her eyes and asks, noticing my uneasiness.

“No, I… I just realized how bad this situation is.” I remark solemnly.

At that moment, I was in the main bedroom of the royal quarters, tucked snuggly under the nice bed covers. I wasn’t alone either. Right next to me, on both sides, were Yingying and Alisha. In other words, all three of us were sleeping in the same bed.

How did this happen? Looking back, it all passed by at lightning speed.

As Alisha mentioned before, her special anti-Servant boundary field has a really short range; it can only cover a single room at once. Thus, in order for all us humans to be safe while we slept, we needed to all be in one room. After that, one thing led to another and next thing I knew I was in the same bed as these two.

Only now does it dawn on me how bad this is…

“Oi, how are you so nonchalant? You’re the one who’s always accusing me of being a lecher.” I accuse the blond girl who’s strangely blasé about this whole thing.

“Hmph, it’s not like I like this either. Knowing you, you’ll probably try doing something to me tonight. But this is the only way to stay safe. So, don’t you dare try anything or else you’re getting it tomorrow morning.” She scoffs before diving back under the covers and closing her eyes.

Oi, what kind of response is that? What kind of person do you think of me as?

“Um, I’m not really sure what you’re concerned about, dear, but I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about. I mean, Saber’s watching over us too.” Yingying mentions.

“R-right…”

As she claims, the three of us weren’t the only ones in the bedroom. In the dark corner of the room, my Servant, Saber, was silently standing by with full alert.

To go into further depth, we had a multi-layered security system to completely protect against any possible attacks. First there was a general alarm boundary field around the whole premises that will detect anyone with hostile intent, followed by the super strong anti-Servant boundary field around the main bedroom. Just for extra measure, we have Saber inside the main bedroom to respond if the enemy gets past, since she has the highest agility and reflexes, while the other Servants are alert just outside. No matter how you looked at it, it was a perfect defense that used each and every part of our retinue to its fullest advantage.

But it also meant that I was now trapped in here with these three girls.

“Well, then, good night, dear.” Yingying says, sensing that things are settled.

“Y-yeah, good night…” I have no choice but to reply.

Huh. Yingying’s also surprisingly composed about this as well. Knowing her, I thought she might be a bit reluctant, but she’s done nothing but go along with our strategy. Is it because Alisha and Saber are here that she feels more comfortable?

… no, that’s not it. I already know why she’s been especially passive about this. It’s because she just saw her father die. Even though it had no permanent effect, the fact that the emperor was assassinated must’ve relit the patriotic flame within her. If it’s for the empire, she’d probably go along with anything right now; she most likely feels like she doesn’t have the luxury to be a burden at the moment.

Hmm… well, that’s its own basket of problems, but I suppose I can’t do anything about it right now.

So, in the end, I’m the only one in here that’s freaking out about the three of us sleeping together?

Alright, in that case, I don’t have the luxury to let my fears control me either. I need to take a lesson from these two, toughen up, and just deal with it. So, what if I’m sleeping with two women in the same bed? That’s not a big deal, right? It’s not like anything’s gonna happen. I can control myself. I’ve spent ten years learning how to control myself, so it’s fine. I just need to keep telling myself it’s gonna be fine.

With resolute determination, I lay my head back onto the pillow and do everything I can to restrain the scream building up from within. Again and again, I calm myself by repeating to myself that everything’s fine.

This isn’t a problem. It’s just sleeping with other people in the same bed. Nothing’s gonna happen. This isn’t a problem. Nothing’s gonna happen. This isn’t a problem. Nothing’s gonna happen. This isn’t a problem. Nothing’s gonna happen. This isn’t a problem. Nothing’s gonna happen…

But what if something does happen? What if, in a single moment of temptation I make a mistake I cannot never take back? What if, while I’m half-asleep and dreaming or something, I end up using my power? What if this is the prelude to something awful?

No, no, no, you can’t think like that. There’s no way that’d happen.

But what if it does? Can I truly say with 100% certainty that there’s no chance of that happening? Just right there in the corner is proof of my guilt. Can I truly declare that I won’t do it again to Alisha or Yingying?

Aaaaaaaahhhhh, I can’t do this. I can’t do this. I can’t do this.

I’m scared. I’m so worried and terrified and horrified and petrified and deep-fried. To my left is danger. To my right is more danger. It’s a minefield of absolute Bad Ends.

Assassin! Assassin, come save me. Please, somebody just rescue me from this nightmare!!!

Choice!
    Due to security reasons, you are currently sleeping in the same bed as Yingying and Alisha, a prospect that terrifies you to no end. However, part of you still wants to overcome this nightmare. What will you do?

1. Stay resolute and try to persevere through the night without doing anything.
    2. Do something with Yingying…
    3. Do something to Alisha…
    4. Run. You can’t handle this, you need to get out of this room ASAP
    5. Write-In

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    changes to Sleepy's 5 because it can achieve 1 but more reliable.
    Last edited by Spartacus; May 13th, 2020 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    5. Write-In:​ Use the Wish spell on myself, that way I'll sleep like a rock. Genius!

Galaxy Brain Initiated

Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    5. Write-In:​ Use the Wish spell on myself, that way I'll sleep like a rock. Genius!

Galaxy Brain Initiated
    +1 to this
    Big brain move right here

Mind Reading
    Last edited by shanagan; May 22nd, 2020 at 02:26 AM.

Eh, can't win, so: 5 Write in: Do something with Saber...

Blog Entries

Wait, I have an idea.

Why don’t I just use my magecraft? If I cast autosuggestion, I should be able to make it easier for me to sleep!

Genius. Could it be that I’m actually a genius? To think that such a galaxy-level idea would come from my brain… So, this is what it means to think like a magus. My own intellect scares me.

Well, then, now that that’s settled time to tuck in and comfortably enjoy the laurels of mysticism.

Lightly, weakly. Aptly, quickly. Tick-tock, tick-tock, hurry, hurry.

Flying, swimming, running, leaping. Tick-tock, tick-tock, blow the whistle.

The stars shine in the northern sky, always and forever.

With relaxed concentration, I activate my circuits as quietly and steadily as I can, as to not disturb the two sleeping next to me. Thanks to my recent training with Alisha, it goes smoothly and I’m able to flip all the switches without much problems.

I successfully cast Wish on myself. The suggestion I choose is “sleep like a rock”. This way, I’ll be able to pass out without a cinch.

Immediately upon activation, I feel drowsiness wash over me. Even as my heart beats incessantly, my eyelids become heavy, like weighted blankets. Bit by bit, I lose the ability to stay conscious and drift further into nothingness…

“… dear.”

Something sweet tickles my ear.

“… dear …dear.”

Something soft nudges me lightly.

Is someone trying to wake me up? I try to open my eyes to confirm, but my body feels heavy as if weighed down by something. I’m so tired right now. I feel like I could sleep for a whole day. I don’t want to wake up.

“Dear, wake up…”

The gentle voice becomes louder. The weight on top of me starts to feel warm. It starts shaking me roughly.

Geez, who’s bothering me now? Can’t you just let me sleep?

Feeling annoyed, I open my eyes to find the offender and—

“…Yingying?”

To my surprise, Yingying’s face fills my hazy vision. Her expression is timid while her alabaster cheeks have turned rather red. At the same time, her loose hair and warm breath brush against me. She’s close, really close. Or rather, she’s kind of on top of me… and naked…

Wait, isn’t this rather concerning?

“Wh-wha, Yingying, you…” I immediately begin to fumble, completely flustered at the sudden situation. The drowsiness from moments ago is blasted away from the sight.

For some reason my hazy mind can’t comprehend, Yingying’s on top of me, pinning my limbs so I can’t get away. Was she the warm weight I felt earlier? No, more importantly, why isn’t she wearing any clothes? What’s with this situation!?

“I’m sorry, dear, but… I can’t hold back anymore…” Yingying says, her lips quivering lasciviously.

Eh, what’s she talking about? I don’t understand anything about this at all. And yet… I get a bad feeling.

Just as a sense of dread washes over me, Yingying leans even closer, seating herself on top of my waist. That motion alone sends my heart flying, not to mention the softness I now feel; both my mind and body are beginning to overheat.

No, this is bad.

“I’ve been trying my best to be patient, but I can’t control myself any longer.” She whispers in a quiet, shivering voice, her face now inches away from mine. “I have to show you… how I feel.”

She’s serious. She isn’t joking or lying. Her entire heart and soul are being poured into her words.

And that frightens me.

No, this isn’t right.

“These few weeks with you have been the happiest of my life. I’m not just saying that as your wife. Being with you like this… is all I’ve ever wanted.”

Her cheeks are set ablaze as she wrings out her heart towards me. Though she’s clearly embarrassed, she does everything she can to speak freely. And even through the resolve, I can sense the infinite affection within her, like hearts in a pair of blank eyes.

Sweat pours down my back and another liquid seems to pool on my waist.

It is a scene I’m all too familiar with. Yingying’s face is one that has forever been embedded into my mine.

The expression of an empty shell.

No, please don’t. Please stop. I don’t want this. Not you. Not like this.

I try to scream. I try to run away. I pray with everything I have. But my body is paralyzed with fear and I’m helpless to stop the inevitable.

“I want you. I want you to be with me. I want you inside me. I want to devote and offer everything I have to you. I want you to fill me with all your affection. Dear, I…”

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

“I love you.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

With a dreadful scream, I wake up. My eyes burst wide open, breaking through any drowsiness or magecraft weighing them down, and my body jerks forward, throwing off the bedsheets.

“Hah… hah… hah… hah…”

Before I know it, I’m panting, like I just ran a marathon. My entire body feels hot yet cold sweat pours down my neck. I look around in fear and panic to find the same dark bedroom as before, with nothing amiss, except the three girls now looking at me with worried expressions.

“D-dear, what’s the matter?”

“Master, are you okay?”

Yingying and Saber ask, clearly perturbed by my sudden yelling. My eyes naturally draw towards the former with morbid curiosity. Yingying seems the same as ever, her clothes still on as opposed to what I just saw. Instead of the lascivious look she had earlier, she now seems more confused and concerned the anything.

Was that… was that just a dream?

A wave of relief hits me. Thank god. It was just a dream. It wasn’t real. Now that I’m thinking rationally, of course, it wasn’t. Yingying being love with me? There’s no way that could happen. That’s just silly.

At the same time though… the mere fact that I dreamed of something like that… makes me a little sick.

Looking now at Yingying’s face, a strong repulsion builds up within me as I recall my wet nightmare.

Blog Entries

“Uggghhh…”

Feeling a little fatigued, I groan as I saunter down the streets of the city, orderly walking in the narrow lines and lanes of the world. Sleep-deprived, my body feels heavy despite having rested on an actual bed for the first time in weeks.

Last night, I had a pretty bad dream that shook me to the core. After I woke up from, I ended up feeling too restless to sleep again, lest I saw that dream once more. Even now, I wonder why I saw such a frightening nightmare… could it be some side-effect of my suggestion magecraft? I’m no expert so I can’t really decipher the effects manipulating one’s consciousness would have on dreams.

“Are you feeling alright, Master? You still look pale.” Saber asks diligently from behind me. It seems that she has noticed my poor condition as well.

“E-eh? Ah, yeah, I’m fine…” I respond timidly.

At the moment, the two of us were walking together to go grocery-shopping, stocking up on supplies so we can hole up in our stronghold as long as possible, Saber coming along for protection. Though dangerous, they do say that procuring supplies is a necessity for sieges and what not. Well, that’s just an excuse really. In truth, I just wanted to get out of the quarters for a bit because… I wanted to get some space from Yingying for a bit. I keep remembering the Yingying in my dreams and it’s now a bit awkward being around the real one, so I volunteered to go on a supply run just for some fresh air.

Ugh, when I think about it like that, it sure is a petty reason. How pathetic.

I sigh, lamenting my own contemptible nature.

Saber, though, seems to pick up on that attentively.

“Mn… are you certain you are fine, Master? If there’s anything you are concerned about, I am always at your service.” She once again implores.

“O-oh, um… duly noted.” I nod in response, not sure how to reply. I guess I’m glad she’s worried about me, but her robotic seriousness is as off-putting as always.

After a bit more walking, we reach the marketplace area and begin browsing the many bleak-looking stores for what we need.

“You have the shopping list, right, Saber? What do we need to get?” I ask my Servant as we navigate the narrow labyrinth of the city block.

Prior to heading out, we had everyone write down what they needed us to buy so we could get it all at once. Saber takes out the note and begins reciting the items.

“The items we need to purchase are… meat, vegetables, eggs, cooking oil…”

Ingredients for cooking, makes sense, makes sense. Just the usual stuff, I guess.

“… some spare clothes, disposable bags, cleansing powder, hygienic items, herbs and medicines…”

Right, right, those are pretty useful too. Good to have them on hand.

“… candles, rope, condoms, stationary, writing ink—”

Wait, what was that she just said?

“W-w-w-wha- hold on!” I immediately stop her, grabbing the paper from Saber’s hand to confirm the ridiculous item. Indeed, as I feared, condoms really was clearly jotted down on the note. “Who the hell asked us to buy this!?

“Hm… I believe it was Assassin who requested them. I assume she is preparing for the possibility of you engaging in intercourse with one of the other two humans in the abode during our extended stay indoors.” Saber answers without emotion.

“Pffffttt!” I spit-take at the mere suggestion. “T-that woman… what kind of person does she think I am?”

We’re out here in a life-or-death situation and all she thinks about is lewd stuff, as always. Does she think that I’m so horny that just being in the same bed as a girl means I’ll inevitably be all over her? I need to complain about this once we get back.

“So, will we be buying them, Master?” Saber asks unfazed.

“Of course not, idiot!” I retort.

“Then… what about the lubricant and incense?”

“There’s more!?”

Dammit Assassin, what the hell is she trying to prepare for? Now I’m starting to suspect the true purpose of regular-seeming items like the candles and ropes too. Well, incense is innocent enough, so I can buy that, but the rest is a no-go!

Also, I’m rather amazed that Saber’s so unfazed when mentioning this stuff. Isn’t she embarrassed? I guess she just doesn’t have any particular interest in such matters…

After a while, we manage to buy everything on our list and begin heading back with the fruits of our arduous shopping spree. Both of us make our way through the streets while carrying quite a few bags, Saber of course taking the brunt of the weight.

Suddenly, not too long after we leave the marketplace, Saber suddenly speaks up.

“By the way, Master, if I may impose, I’d like to ask you something.” She declares out of nowhere.

“Hm? What is it?” I respond, tilting my head back to face her.

“Well… I wanted to ask you.” She speaks as mechanically as ever. And yet, there’s a surprising sense of anxiety in her voice for once. “Does… my presence discomfort you, Master?”

“E-eh? Th-that’s, um…” I mumble a bit, caught off-guard by her sudden question. “W-why are you asking that?”

“Well, I noticed how flustered you seemed last night, and I was wondering if that may have been due to me watching you. You also seem to lack composure whenever I’m around.” She explains. “Thus, I came to the conclusion that… perhaps you do not like me. Would that be correct?”

“Err…” I mumble as I grit my teeth.

Shit. How am I supposed to respond to that? Strangely enough, Saber seems uncharacteristically anxious about this matter, in spite of her usual blasé attitude. Is how I think of her really that important?

“Um… well… I don’t dislike you or anything.” I manage to respond, carefully selecting my words.

“Ah. I see…” Saber sighs in relief. It seems if that alone lifted a large weight off her shoulders.

Seeing that genuine elation, I begin feeling rather troubled. It’s true that I don’t dislike her or anything but… it’s also true I’m not very comfortable around her. In fact, that’s part of the reason why I sent her off before to do research on her own; I wanted to keep my distance from her.

Looking back, I feel a bit guilty about that.

“Um… do you want to… be in my presence more often?” I ask her awkwardly, unsure of how to word it. Perhaps Saber’s feeling lonely and wants to hang out with the rest of the gang? If that’s the case and it turns out that Saber is actually very dissatisfied with the job I gave her, I can only be remorseful.

“No, there’s no need for you to concern yourself with my thoughts. I dutifully accept any position you assign to me, Master.” Saber declares, bowing her head.

That… pisses me off a little. As always, she really is difficult to deal with.

I immediately stop walking, step to the side of the street and motion for Saber to join me. We should settle this before we return home.

“Listen, Saber. Please don’t talk like that. If you have something you want, you should just tell me. I told you before to speak freely, right?” I tell her.

“Very well, Master. If that is your command.” She seems to accept it without much resistance. “Then, I will confirm that I indeed wish to be in closer proximity to you.”

See, I knew it. She is lonely after all. Sheesh, she didn’t have to be so coy. If she wanted to hang out, I’m sure Assassin or Yingying would love to chat with her.

“Specifically, I would like it if I could be by your side as much as possible, Master.” She adds without hesitation.

“Eh?” I gasp in surprise. “M-me…?”

Saber nods. At the same time, she brings one hand to her chest, as if tenderly holding onto something dear.

“These past few weeks without you have been somewhat excruciating. The more time we spend apart, the more I find myself thinking about you… and even though I know it’s wrong, I sometimes get distracted from my job thinking about you. Back during the Berserker incident, when you called upon me to help, I was absolutely elated…” Saber explains in an uncharacteristically meek voice, her cheeks turning a tinge red.

At the same time, hearing her words, I feel as if the wind was knocked out of me. What is she saying? The way she’s speaking, the things that she’s saying, they’re like… it’s almost as if…

No, no, that can’t be. There’s no way that could happen. I can’t allow that to happen. This wasn’t in her settings!

“Analyzing these emotions, I recalled a time when I felt like this before and came to only one conclusion. The weight in my heart when you’re far, the butterflies in my stomach when you’re the near… no matter how I compute it, there can only be one source for all these feelings.”

Without any regard for my inner panic and fear, Saber opens her heart and declares boldly the truth of her emotions – the flower within her mechanical shell.

“Master, I am in love you.”

Wise-up! Demonic Saber's Status
    Stockholm Syndrome: EX
    A disposition in which one develops feelings of affection towards one’s captor. It is not a rational mindset, but an Innocent Monster-like nature inflicted upon Saber’s spirit as a Servant. Under circumstances in which she is being captured or being forced to do things against her free will, she will irrationally, unconsciously, and immediately develop strong feelings of affection for the one responsible for her ‘capture’. Even if her mind rejects it, her heart cannot deny the sudden love she will hold for her captor.

This disposition is one of the few explanations given for her sudden and seemingly irrational decision to join the Liangshan outlaws and become a faithful wife of Wang Ying, despite the fact that she was their former enemy and they killed everyone in her village. Though it is not explicitly expressed in the original story, this skill is one that arises from the inconsistency in the story and character motivations and is imposed by the curse of the readers. As a Servant, she is merely destined to serve the role of the enemy who falls in love with the hero after she is defeated.
    Choice!
    Out of nowhere, while the two of you are alone, Saber has confessed her love to you. How will you respond?

1. Accept her feelings. Make Saber your lover.
    2. This is your fault. Take responsibility and make Saber your lover.
    3. Reject her feelings as softly as you can.
    4. Ignore them. Her affection for you doesn’t change anything.
    5. Erase her feelings using Mind Break.
    6. Write-In

Eh, 1 and 2 are kinda out, though do feel bad for poor Saber, burdened like that. 3 or 4 could work, though worry what she might do down the line if we say the wrong thing in 3, as Ben is apt to do. I have doubts 5 will be a permanent fix.

4. 2
    Last edited by Cain12; June 28th, 2020 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Flipped a coin to decide how I change my vote.

Blog Entries
    NTR route it is

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

If I keep digging I'll find some morality in here somewhere!

Ben really has no business accepting Saber's feelings here when they were born from mind-control.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Prussia View Post

Ben really has no business accepting Saber's feelings here when they were born from mind-control.
    It isn't; rather, it's the by-product of her Stockholm Syndrome Skill. Doesn't make this any less awkward, however.

Now Revamped!

Last edited by shanagan; June 28th, 2020 at 12:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Ignoring her feels a bit too cruel, but there's no way we can accept. Stockholm Syndrome or not, we've violated her free will a bit too much for comfort.