Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Thread: [Quest] Lostbelt Raising Project

I would go with 3. We have no clue what the assassin's abilities are besides being able to cut off the Emperor's head. Best to focus on defense and let the Servant play their hand first. The Assassin might even have the ability to escape any trap they were caught in. Ultimately though, it is a coin toss, and I am using my gut.

リビングデッド Living Dead
    1. 3 is tempting for obvious reasons, but have doubts hiding away like that will work out. (Also.. maybe think there are a few people they can target besides Papa Yao while the gang is busy looking out for themselves like self-serving cowards.)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You know that thing when you write something and it doesn't post? Yeah, I've had that. Anyways, my votes:

Mind Reading, 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm

Mind Reading

​3
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries

Year: 2018

In the end, after much deliberation, we decided to pick the safe option for now. Our opponent is simply too unknown for us to take any large risks against. It’d be too difficult to formulate a trap or strategy against them with our current situation. As such, our group immediately turtled up in our quarters and set up our anti-Assassin defenses. While it’s a shame we can’t chase after the enemy, this was simply the safest option, one chosen out of absolute seriousness and necessity.

“So, how the hell did things end up like this?” I cry out, as I reflect on the strange situation that I found myself in.

“Ugghhh… what are you on about? I’m trying to sleep.” Alisha groans and turns towards me while rubbing her eyes.

“Is something wrong, dear?” Yingying also opens her eyes and asks, noticing my uneasiness.

“No, I… I just realized how bad this situation is.” I remark solemnly.

At that moment, I was in the main bedroom of the royal quarters, tucked snuggly under the nice bed covers. I wasn’t alone either. Right next to me, on both sides, were Yingying and Alisha. In other words, all three of us were sleeping in the same bed.

How did this happen? Looking back, it all passed by at lightning speed.

As Alisha mentioned before, her special anti-Servant boundary field has a really short range; it can only cover a single room at once. Thus, in order for all us humans to be safe while we slept, we needed to all be in one room. After that, one thing led to another and next thing I knew I was in the same bed as these two.

Only now does it dawn on me how bad this is…

“Oi, how are you so nonchalant? You’re the one who’s always accusing me of being a lecher.” I accuse the blond girl who’s strangely blasé about this whole thing.

“Hmph, it’s not like I like this either. Knowing you, you’ll probably try doing something to me tonight. But this is the only way to stay safe. So, don’t you dare try anything or else you’re getting it tomorrow morning.” She scoffs before diving back under the covers and closing her eyes.

Oi, what kind of response is that? What kind of person do you think of me as?

“Um, I’m not really sure what you’re concerned about, dear, but I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about. I mean, Saber’s watching over us too.” Yingying mentions.

“R-right…”

As she claims, the three of us weren’t the only ones in the bedroom. In the dark corner of the room, my Servant, Saber, was silently standing by with full alert.

To go into further depth, we had a multi-layered security system to completely protect against any possible attacks. First there was a general alarm boundary field around the whole premises that will detect anyone with hostile intent, followed by the super strong anti-Servant boundary field around the main bedroom. Just for extra measure, we have Saber inside the main bedroom to respond if the enemy gets past, since she has the highest agility and reflexes, while the other Servants are alert just outside. No matter how you looked at it, it was a perfect defense that used each and every part of our retinue to its fullest advantage.

But it also meant that I was now trapped in here with these three girls.

“Well, then, good night, dear.” Yingying says, sensing that things are settled.

“Y-yeah, good night…” I have no choice but to reply.

Huh. Yingying’s also surprisingly composed about this as well. Knowing her, I thought she might be a bit reluctant, but she’s done nothing but go along with our strategy. Is it because Alisha and Saber are here that she feels more comfortable?

… no, that’s not it. I already know why she’s been especially passive about this. It’s because she just saw her father die. Even though it had no permanent effect, the fact that the emperor was assassinated must’ve relit the patriotic flame within her. If it’s for the empire, she’d probably go along with anything right now; she most likely feels like she doesn’t have the luxury to be a burden at the moment.

Hmm… well, that’s its own basket of problems, but I suppose I can’t do anything about it right now.

So, in the end, I’m the only one in here that’s freaking out about the three of us sleeping together?

Alright, in that case, I don’t have the luxury to let my fears control me either. I need to take a lesson from these two, toughen up, and just deal with it. So, what if I’m sleeping with two women in the same bed? That’s not a big deal, right? It’s not like anything’s gonna happen. I can control myself. I’ve spent ten years learning how to control myself, so it’s fine. I just need to keep telling myself it’s gonna be fine.

With resolute determination, I lay my head back onto the pillow and do everything I can to restrain the scream building up from within. Again and again, I calm myself by repeating to myself that everything’s fine.

This isn’t a problem. It’s just sleeping with other people in the same bed. Nothing’s gonna happen. This isn’t a problem. Nothing’s gonna happen. This isn’t a problem. Nothing’s gonna happen. This isn’t a problem. Nothing’s gonna happen. This isn’t a problem. Nothing’s gonna happen…

But what if something does happen? What if, in a single moment of temptation I make a mistake I cannot never take back? What if, while I’m half-asleep and dreaming or something, I end up using my power? What if this is the prelude to something awful?

No, no, no, you can’t think like that. There’s no way that’d happen.

But what if it does? Can I truly say with 100% certainty that there’s no chance of that happening? Just right there in the corner is proof of my guilt. Can I truly declare that I won’t do it again to Alisha or Yingying?

Aaaaaaaahhhhh, I can’t do this. I can’t do this. I can’t do this.

I’m scared. I’m so worried and terrified and horrified and petrified and deep-fried. To my left is danger. To my right is more danger. It’s a minefield of absolute Bad Ends.

Assassin! Assassin, come save me. Please, somebody just rescue me from this nightmare!!!

Choice!
    Due to security reasons, you are currently sleeping in the same bed as Yingying and Alisha, a prospect that terrifies you to no end. However, part of you still wants to overcome this nightmare. What will you do?

1. Stay resolute and try to persevere through the night without doing anything.
    2. Do something with Yingying…
    3. Do something to Alisha…
    4. Run. You can’t handle this, you need to get out of this room ASAP
    5. Write-In

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    changes to Sleepy's 5 because it can achieve 1 but more reliable.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    5. Write-In:​ Use the Wish spell on myself, that way I'll sleep like a rock. Genius!

Galaxy Brain Initiated
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    5. Write-In:​ Use the Wish spell on myself, that way I'll sleep like a rock. Genius!

Galaxy Brain Initiated
    +1 to this
    Big brain move right here

Mind Reading
    Last edited by shanagan; May 22nd, 2020 at 02:26 AM.

リビングデッド Living Dead
    Eh, can't win, so: 5 Write in: Do something with Saber...